Designers » D E » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Coriander D.S. & Durga for women

Coriander D.S. & Durga for women
dislike

marine

Coriander is a fresh and uplifting fragrance of green leaf notes and cracked coriander seed. It is a part of the Feminine Collection II Solos. Available as 20 ml EDP.

Green Notes Coriander litsea cubeba Sea Notes

Coriander Fragrance Reviews

Black Russian
Black Russian

I think people who like coriander get disappointed not because it doesn't exist here, or isn't natural, but because they had too much expectation for it to be exactly like coriander and nothing else because of the fragrance name. Now honestly ask yourself question: does anyone really want to smell exactly like coriander, pure coriander and nothing else? Or for that matter any single spice or herb, no matter how much you like them? Probably not!
Likely due to presence of chinese pepper (litsea cubeba) and green notes, and absence of seaweed-like scent, usually associated with marine, but instead employing more like fresh sea breeze type of marine component, to me it all resulting smelling like coriander crushed on freshly cut board of wood (I would say poplar or aspen wood) on the breezy day on the beach. If this picture appears to you - most likely you will love this scent.
Projection and sillage start like somewhere between moderate and heavy, but after 2 hours moves to moderate, and in 2 more hours it is skin scent. But it last 8-10, if not 12 hours as a skin scent. I guess it explains such difference of opinion on both longevity and sillage here.
Interestingly enough, I haven't had any compliments on it while it projects, but get quite few compliments when it gets into soft sillage faze when someone get really close to me.
I don't find it too feminine at all, and it is definitely unisex for me. I would say it is perfect late Spring and early Fall scent for anyone, but could be used all year around by most people. Don't think why anyone would hate it, so it would make relatively safe buy, because most would at least like it, even if they wouldn't love it. Reason I'm saying relatively safe is because of it price tag some might be disappointed if it would be just in like but not love category. It is suitable for all ages, but not every occasion, it is more like casual, informal, or could be date scent, but not for formal occasion or night at the club. Though it's suitable for both indoor, and outdoor wear as well.
Scent 8/10
Originality 9/10
Versatility 7/10
Longevity 6/10
Sillage 6/10
Projection 6/10
Please note I took 1 from each in performance category because it is niche perfume, and as such it expected perform better. Designer perfumes with same performance definitely would score 7/10 if not 7.5!
Bang for buck 7/10.
Bottle worthy for me. Must have for all coriander scent lovers and those who like very differently smelling and distinctive perfumes. For everyone else it is not must, but worth a try if you found it on sale.

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

I love the smell of coriander leaf and seed, and whenever I cook with them I wish there was a perfume that perfectly captured their scent. Unfortunately, this is not it. This perfume takes the slight soapiness some people detect in coriander leaf and dials it up until it is an aromachemical beast. I wore this and felt like I was being followed by a massive bar of Irish Spring. The aggressive "freshness" smells neither natural nor very pleasant. There's something good underneath all that soap, but it's not nearly enough to make it worth your while. No thanks!

landshark321
landshark321

D.S. & Durga's Coriander is a puzzling note mix, apart from the main note. Green, herby, minty, surely more for warm weather use but probably could work for both women and men. Of the other fragrances in the line, this is similar to Boston Ivy, due to the abovementioned qualities.

At first smell, it reminds me of Imaginary Authors' Mosaic or Falling Into the Sea but I'd have to double check that.

Much like Boston Ivy, I'm not moved by this very much, as it's not very interesting or fresh, but to each his/her own.

5 out of 10

Lana148
Lana148

Really well done fragrance with, obviously, coriander being the star in it.
Feels dry, woody, green, spicy. Very clean and aromatic, must try for people who likes coriander.

janjanjan
janjanjan

Fantastic. Tangy, aromatic, green. Love love love.

I adore coriander as a note, and it's rare to find a perfume that puts it center stage. I am not sure which ingredient is responsible for the tanginess, perhaps the vague "sparkling greens" listed in item description, a little patch of vetiver? A good kick of pepper too.

Uplifting, sharp and clear, yet grounded. Uncomplicated. If, like me, you are a woman skeptical of big florals, fruits, and all things sweet, and want something green and natural, you must try this!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Coriander fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Coriander, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coriander by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coriander by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.