Designers » D E » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

Debaser D.S. & Durga for women and men
dislike

coconut
tropical

Debaser by D.S. & Durga is a Aromatic Fruity fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Debaser was launched in 2015. The fragrance features fig, iris, coconut milk, tonka bean and white woods.

Fig iris Coconut Milk Tonka Bean White Woods

Figuier Ardent
Philosykos

Debaser Fragrance Reviews

Scentmad
Scentmad

Opens with a sparkling bright green grassy note with lashing of plump ripe juicy figs - alive with sweet and savoury notes it puts me in mind of fig jam. Then it settles on the skin into a milky, woody smell with the fig still prominent however the green grass smell dies away at the point.

I'm not sure about this perfume it's something I should love but on my skin it's a little sickly. If the greenness had stayed longer I may have loved it more. I will try it again though as I think this would probably smell better in late spring/early summer.

For now, the jury is out.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

My take on Debaser from D.S. & Durga starts out with Iris, Coconut Milk, and a juicy Fig. The dry down is just as described by others with the blond woods and tonka but I also can smell the pear stem. I get 6-8 hours longevity and projects for 3-4. This is best used for summer and spring time. I wear this casually mostly but I think this can be worn almost anywhere. The only place I would not wear this is with a suit and tie. Pricing from Twisted Lily (where I purchased mine) is $145 for 50 ml. For the quality and smell I would say this may almost be underpriced. I don't really get the comparison to Slumberhouse Pear & Olive but I will compare this to Figuier Eden from the Armani Prive Collection. I think the Armani is a good value at $160 for 100 ml but feel it is more watered down. D.S. & Durga is quality stuff and it is really nice to find something wearable from this house. Overall rating

Longevity-7/10
Projection-7-10
Price-8/10
Quality-10/10

This is an overall 8.5/10 for me. Accessibility knocks it down a peg and even though I like it more than Armani Figuier Eden, it's almost the same scent for almost the same price but double the amount of juice. I still do think that if you can get D.S. over Armani you will be happy but if you like your fragrances very light than go Armani. Just because you can get the Armani for a better price, I would say do not overlook this one. You will not be disappointed.

lilalina
lilalina

The start of this is really fresh juicy fig. Then it settles very quickly into a more woody fig scent. I do not detect any strong coconut.. The scent is not overly sweet or fresh.. It's warm woody with a pine-like fig sense to it.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

SIDE NOTE: The note list above is not complete. Notes are: bergamot, green leaf, pear stem, fig, coconut milk, iris, blond woods, tonka bean, and moss.

I should have been more prepared for Debaser. I read the scent list, and my eyes must have glazed right over the notes that I know aren't great matches for my chemistry (or overly pleasing to my sense of smell), I could have saved myself. Oh but no, like being enamored with a bad boyfriend, I amplified the good and credulously ignored the not so good (for me!). I imagined our whole future, told myself I could change him, dreamt of skipping into the sunset together. But, I think Debaser and I are breaking up. He's too edgy for me. I'm devastated. Can we talk about it? Yeah? Okay, thanks. You're such a good friend.

So let's talk. Debaser isn't even remotely a sweet fig. Had I been more careful, more observant of its description, I'd have seen this coming from miles away. First spray renders me into crunchy, green, wet leaves - super unripened fig - an ever so slight pear stem sweetness - and maybe a hint of earthy iris. I've just woken up in my tent at an outdoor music festival, early in the morning...it's still quiet, the ground is wet, the air is dense and foggy, and the smell of dozens of extinguished campfires from the night before lingers in the air. At this stage, I'm intrigued and I'm a little confused (because I saw what I wanted, even though Debaser fully presented itself to be from the start). I'm still hopeful that this will veer into something that I can fall in love with, but from here I start to emotionally detach...

The longer it hangs around on my skin, the woodier, drier, and earthier it gets. There is a very brief moment in the middle of this scent journey that I detect an ever so slight sweetness from the coconut milk and/or tonka bean, but it is very fleeting. This bad boy can't blow his cover for long. I've never done well with essentially zero-sweetness juice; this is no exception, I need a little romance. As for the fig in Debaser, aside from being strictly green, while I can tell that it's lingering there, it is really contending with the woods and iris (and a slight nose-crinkling mossy note).

Debaser is a scent I'd admire in nature (the music festival morning imagery feels very real), but I don't necessarily want to wear it. As much as this isn't my typical scent, there are moments during my many test-wears that I catch a whiff from afar and really enjoy what I smell. BUT, I have to remind myself that this bad boy's good qualities aren't good enough for me to keep him around. Break up aside, I admire the composition and the artistry that went into this, and I have no doubt that a woodier/earthier-loving person could really be into this. And this dude DOES NOT QUIT - seriously, it just lasts and lasts; since when are bad boys clingy?

Debaser retails for $145, and it is created by D.S. & Durga

Projection: 4/5

Sincerely, Krista @ Juice Fragrance Blog

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

As much as I appreciate the story of other scents from D.S & Durga, this is the only scent I can put on myself. Fresh fig bursts out once you spray, it's fresh like a garden. Coconut comes slightly next. Everything together makes this perfect for Spring/Summer.

leovn
leovn

This one opens with sharp green note of fig. There is more about fig leave or green fig than a ripe one. Coconut does add the milky note and help smooth out the sharp green scent a bit for the first 30 mins or so. After 30 mins, a hint of irish and tonka bean can be detected and well blend with fig to produce a more subtle and pleasant green scent. I hate the opening because it's too harsh for me but I do like it a lot after a while partly because I love coconut in there.

deadidol
deadidol

The Pixies connection must be personal as I can’t fathom what a stock fig scent has to do with either the band or the song.

There’s not that much you can do with fig — they’re green and a bit milky. This one’s not that different from all the rest (except perhaps Soivohle’s Figgy Plum, which is a strange one). The only real distinguishing factor that I can come up with is that Debaser is slightly less subtle than a scent like, say, Philosykos. The greenery is ramped up a notch; there’s a raspy cedar-like effect in it; and it’s maybe a tad more milky. Something about it doesn’t quite sit right though, and I think it’s a vanillic / coumeric sweetening note of some kind that’s tucked away, but isn’t working. Also, it smells more grassy than fig leaf usually does. Weird.

Debaser isn’t bad, but it’s unoriginal with a ho-hum blend and it seems like they missed the goal as far as verisimilitude goes. Spikier and more jagged than other fig scents with a bit more of a candy feel to it as well. If it’s a green, natural fig you’re after, look elsewhere.

landshark321
landshark321

Debaser is the first D.S. & Durga fragrance I've smelled and it's an agreeable, fresh fig scent, that opens very prominently with the fig, which also hangs around for as long as the fragrance does. Debaser leans green and slightly woody but is still centered around the fig note, which, combined with a coconut, does give a beachy, summer-like feel, yet I'd say it has all-season versatility since it's not particularly light or aquatic.

Probably mostly for daytime use (it isn't very formal), though, Debaser is a tricky sell at $145 for 50ml (house site and Lucky Scent) but it's an intriguing fig option with decent longevity and projection for an EDP.

Somewhat reminiscent of Yesterday Haze from Imaginary Authors due to the fig prominence, but much fresher due to the bergamot and perhaps the pear. Overall, not one I would reach for but one to try for fans of fig.

6 out of 10

garamascara
garamascara

Being a huge Pixies fan, I could not resist sampling this perfume. I almost purchased it blind. So glad that I sampled first because it did not live up to its name. Smells like fresh green bamboo and coconut, not very punk rock. This should not be a fresh and clean fragrance, but it totally is. I am not a fan.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Debaser by D.S. & Durga is a very nice fragrance. At first spray I get fig, iris (one of my favorite notes),with a delicious light coconut. It is peppery and woody. I do not get sweet here. Perfect for spring and summer days.

ranchorita
ranchorita

The combination of the fig and the white woods oddly gave me the sensation of breathing deeply next to a Christmas tree lot-- the effect of this combination is quite like an evergreen. Love this. Gorgeous, unisex, not the usual fig fragrance.

Scentscape
Scentscape

Overall feel of this is light fruity coconut-woods. The opening is freshly green with pear stem, not pear that quickly gives way to ripe fig, iris and realistically sweet coconut milk. The fig and coconut milk are presented in a way that is a little powdery in feel from the iris. The drydown is mostly the dry blond woods and tonka. The the warm vanilla-y character of the tonka blends seamlessly into the lingering coconut milk. This isn't another overtly sweet summer suntan lotion scent, it is a mellow fresh lightly sweetened alternative balanced nicely with the blond woods and a joy to wear. Be great for summertime or warm weather, has a breezy elegance to it. Not spectacular or original but nonetheless, hard not to love the effortless charm it has.

Tiberasthomas
Tiberasthomas

what a great scent ! it's like a lighter version of Slumberhouse Pear and Olive. with a little coconut
in it. but a lot more wearable in spring and fall than Pear and Olive .

I have found a new love!!!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Debaser fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Debaser, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Debaser by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Debaser by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.