Designers » D E » Woody « Groups

Freetrapper D.S. & Durga for men

Freetrapper D.S. & Durga for men
dislike

Before cowboys, there were free trappers. Renegade mountaineers of the Jacksonian era who cut trails through the wild in search of beaver pelts. This fragrance is dedicated to them. It consists of dark notes of cedar, pine, wild bergamot and snakeroot. Available as 50 ml Eau de Cologne.

Freetrapper was launched in 2011.

Virginia Cedar Bergamot Pine

Freetrapper Fragrance Reviews

modernfumie
modernfumie

I got piney woods and lime, as per the notes. *Slightly* pinesol in the opening? Could smell sexy on a man, but it was a bit out of place on me. Boyfriend's verdict: not gross, not his favorite. FYI- he also had trouble smelling it within 30 min of application, so strength/longevity is not impressive.

lilalina
lilalina

Balmy bergamot. Fresh citrusy, woody and pine trees. I think it can be worn by women too. Reminds me of Arso by Profvmvm.

landshark321
landshark321

This is an interesting mix of incense, citrus, and woods. Certainly still leans toward the fall/winter but the combination gives it some versatility and uniqueness. One might reach for a heavier incense option in the winter or something lighter in the summer, but it's possible. It has a strong opening, as far as projection, but dries down relatively quickly to a skin scent, perhaps within a couple hours or so, so that in that respect, it's not as worthwhile as a couple of the other heavier D.S. & Durga fragrances. Not one I'd buy, as it's interesting but not my cup of tea, but worth trying.

6 out of 10

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Got a mixed bag of some D&D scents. All of them are very intriguing and good at evoking moods and/or images. They’re all simple in design, yet somehow powerful in their goal. The three I tried are all very unique.

Here, the wood note is very noticeable at first with pine in the background, perhaps a little bergamot but not enough to really make a huge difference. It makes me think of the woods, wearing flannel and chopping down trees for my cabin. It’s a warm scent and it lasts a pretty decent amount of time. Sillage is probably pretty good for most situations.

I'm new to the world of DS & Durga and only discovered them while looking for a replacement for my old fragrance.
I'm not one to buy on a whim, so after doing a bit of research and picking up a few samples (Mississippi Medicine, Burning Barbershop, and Freetrapper), I must admit that i'm sold on this company.
I knew I wanted to pick up something from their collection but wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to start, so I wore each one a few times, getting the opinions of everyone I knew. Almost everyone I asked like Freetrapper the best, and most everyone picked up on something different from the fragrance.
I love the smell of this stuff and would agree with the others on here who mentioned it as having a Piney/Christmas tree feel to it. However, I also felt as though the cedar really comes through as well. In contrast to what I've read in other reviews, I find that Freetrapper stays with me for awhile. The projection isn't great...it's definitely one for close encounters, but the scent definitely lasts (atleast for me).

I picked up a bottle of this and couldn't be happier with my decision.

tralfaz9
tralfaz9

Another difficult DS Durga scent to review. I don't detect any Axe. A little aromatic ozone to start on to some lemon/lime. Mellows but no other notes arise. Medium lasting with little projection.

You won't smell like any one else at the party to be sure

delilahcat
delilahcat

I don't see why this can be worn by a women. I like it best out off all the Ds&Durgas I have tried so far and I'm a women. My second favourite is Sir though so maybe I have androgynous tastes in perfume. This one is fresh and citrusy with warm undertones and dry down from the woods. Very simple but that's why I like it, I think. Not sure about putting it on my Christmas list though not sure if it's worth a bull bottle. I'll retry soon and report back if I have a change of heart. I have to say I love the ideas behind this brand regardless.

Chasm
Chasm

DS & D seems to be comitted to a minimalist approach to perfume - a few carefully chosen ingredients, well blended. I love minimalist design, but detest minimalist art. Which is this? Exactly.

It's lime and christmass trees! It's a tequila shot in a pine forest! I imagine this was intended for flannel shirted, bearded Williamsburg hipster vegitarian manly men. They should enjoy the trees, and leave the Axe at home.

Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga 4.52 out of 5 based on 30 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Freetrapper fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Freetrapper, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.