Designers » D E » Woody « Groups

Orris Root D.S. & Durga for men
dislike

I had it: 3 I want it: 12

Orris Root D.S. & Durga for men Pictures

Orris root perfume who’s aroma is somewhere between cedar and violet. It belongs to the Masculine Collection II Solos. Available as 20 ml EDP.

Orris Root

Nirvana Black

Orris Root Fragrance Reviews

s_athena
s_athena

I found the 50 ml "Eau de Cologne" through an online boutique, the only place I've found still selling it. The first spray is a bit too much like a fruity resin for my taste (a bit of a cough-drop aftertaste feeling), but once it dries the heart and base is a wonderful powdery iris, like Prada Infusion d'Iris, but more flowery and a bit sweet, not green at all (which makes sense because this is the root we're talking about and not the plant). If you're looking for a masculine cologne, this is not it. This reads very feminine to me, with hints of violet and cedar. Another winner in that category, despite the initial medicinal edge.

EDIT: I just sprayed a bit more on, and the fruity medicine hit is stronger now, and not going away. I loved the drydown, but I don't know if I can put up with the nausea for the first hour before getting to that iris. Another one for swap, sadly.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Orris, violet, floral notes, slight cedar and some other deftly blended notes - maybe tonka. Very violet and not for every man, to be sure, but for one sure of himself.

Discontinued, now, I believe, which is very upsetting.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Orris Root fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Orris Root, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orris Root by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orris Root by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

James Heeley Iris de Nuit Tom Ford Atelier d’Orient Plum Japonais Christian Dior Dior Homme Ineke Evening Edged In Gold Hermes Eau D`Hermes Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist Lancome Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d’Habit Le Labo Vetyver 46 Burberry Touch for Men Ineke Field Notes From Paris DSH Perfumes Three Kings Jar Parfums Bed of Roses La Via del Profumo Venezia Giardini Secreti Auguste Esprit de Cuir Arabian Oud Arabian Oud London Blend Soivohle Tobacco & Tulle Arabian Oud Mukhallat Al Dewan DSH Perfumes Fire Opal (Orange 2; Natural) Atkinsons Lavender on the Rocks