Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Poppy Rouge D.S. & Durga for women

Poppy Rouge D.S. & Durga for women

yellow floral

In Mississippi John Hurt’s “Richland Women’s Blues” a loose married woman prepares for a night on the town in her “rosy red garters, bright poppy rouge, & turkey red bloomer. The notes of this fragrance are jonquil, Parma violet and orange blossom. Available as 30 ml EDP. Poppy Rouge was launched in 2011.

African Orange flower Narcissus Violet Neroli White Musk

Poppy Rouge Fragrance Reviews

The floral-musk opening reminded me of a slightly less punchy (no saffron?) Agent Provocateur. I sprayed AP on my wrists and PR on my ankles to compare, and while AP stays fairly straightforward (and excellent!) as a musky rose, PR takes a few more twists and turns. After the blast of musk, I got an almost mildewy note in the background (cumin?), which then transitioned to a lovely neroli. The musk came roaring back after an hour, to my delight.

What I like about this perfume is what I like about AP- it is a dirty, sexy floral. I haven't decided if I need both in my collection, and AP is much less expensive. I'm doing a little experiment to determine if the longevity differs. I'll report back. :)

Interesting! Hours later and I get a powdery white-floral base, reminiscent of 'Songes'.

By far the most feminine of D.S. & Durga's offerings that I've tried, Poppy Rouge is a fresh floral potpourri that certainly designed for women to use, though I can imagine it functioning well for some men in some situations. The musk in the base tempers the floral top notes and softens it into something semi-sweet. I have a difficult time finding a comparison since most men's fragrances are not so heavily floral, though rose and lavender do get a lot of play elsewhere, and I'm a fan of both of those notes, though neither is present here.

Poppy Rouge is decent on projection and longevity, but I'd really only recommend this for men who enjoy very floral fragrances. Still, it doesn't do much for me, at least on my skin, as there are other floral-intensive fragrances that I strongly prefer.

6 out of 10

Very similar to Roja's Diaghilev but much more linear with less longevity. While listed as for a woman, this is approachable by a man as is Diaghilev. If you can't drop the $1000+ for Diaghilev but really like it as I do, this would be a perfectly acceptable stand in.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Poppy Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Poppy Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Poppy Rouge by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Poppy Rouge by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

D.S. & Durga Freetrapper Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass D.S. & Durga Bitter Rose, Broken Spear D.S. & Durga Debaser Nasomatto Black Afgano Nishane Fan Your Flames D.S. & Durga Bowmakers Lalique Encre Noire Creed Royal Mayfair Slumberhouse Norne Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli Amouage Journey Man Amouage Amouage Lyric Man Amouage Interlude Man Creed Silver Mountain Water D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine Etat Libre d`Orange Putain des Palaces Imaginary Authors Memoirs Of A Trespasser Parfum d`Empire Cuir Ottoman