Designers » D E » Floral Green « Groups

Siberian Snow D.S. & Durga for women

Siberian Snow D.S. & Durga for women
dislike

Siberian Snow D.S. & Durga for women Pictures

This perfume that could be worn by Anna Vladoska at her famous balls contains floral, herbal and woody–powdery notes. It was introduced in 2011 and is part of the Feminine Collection I. Available as 20 ml EDP.

Green Notes Floral Notes Woodsy Notes Jasmine Mint Amber Sandalwood Powdery Notes Incense

Oudh Osmanthus

Siberian Snow Fragrance Reviews

renzi79
renzi79

Lovely mix of wood amber floral but no longevity or silliage. Sadly the journey ends with my sample.

landshark321
landshark321

Siberian Snow is mainly a woody all-season fragrance with some floral elements. Testing it out in the summer definitely leads me to believe that this could be comfortably worn in the summer but still be truer to a winter selection.

The mint and patchouli come off to me like pine and resin, but the prominence of these notes suggests a cold weather fragrance to me, especially the mint, which I do not associate with summer.

Decent on projection and longevity, Siberian Snow marks the last of a sample pack of D.S. & Durga from Luckyscent, and I'm left with a similar impression to most---namely, that it's another scent that's intriguing and smells very natural but simply may not be worth the price tag (they're all $125 or $145 for 50ml). The best in the line was one of the strongest, Bowmakers, so I may go back and try that, but like most, Siberian Snow is good but probably not good enough to consider buying.

6 out of 10

deadidol
deadidol

For a while, the only place that carried DS & Durga in my town was in a store that cared little for presentation. Each time I visited, the place looked like closing time at WalMart with merchandise strewn all over haphazardly. This line was no exception, and you’d be hard pressed to find a bottle with a working sprayer to actually try them out. Needless to say, that store went under and I swore I’d return to DS & Durga at a later date, but my initial exposure to them was that they were a bit on the harsh side with some general balance issues. Anyhow, they’re now within reach again at a much better spot so I’m finally giving them the spin they deserve.

Unfortunately, Siberian Snow — a scent that got my interest from the description — was not the best choice to begin with. It’s ambroxan, patchouli, civet, something vaguely citric . . . and it’s terrible. It sits somewhere between the white musk powder of cashmeran and a fistful of civet replacer. It doesn’t change much and smells utterly sophomoric. There’s just not much more I can say about this one, but if you’re exploring the line for the first time, don’t make the mistake I made and sit this one out. Very bad.

wordwizard82881
wordwizard82881

DS & Durga scents are never safe; niche fragrances aim to suggest(sometime gently, sometimes strongly) to take a risk on an unforgettable olfactory journey, and with DS & D the results always pay off and shatter expectations.

This brilliant genderless composition guides one from the hard chilly crispness of a boreal forest wherein life's energy is all potential and stored-up, to subtle whispers of eros and warmth, wherein life is already dancing, so in this way it is very much a winter/spring scent, rather than a fall/winter scent.

The opening is exquisitely crisp and dry, a small fire of fallen leaves, roots, and twigs, oozing with amber, and this smoky haze is delicately coupled with the slightly sweet musk of a man who worked all day. And this man stands within this haze, chewing his favorite mint gum to help quell his anxiety of being in such a forbidding place. Incense and patchouli come into play as he begins to bed down for the evening and load his pipe.

The heart of the fragrance comes like a gossamer memory of the man's long-gone beloved, hinted at by soft rhythmic waves of fresh jasmine, which crest and break upon him, challenging the omnipotence of this incense haze of self-obsessed sadness that he's created in light of her absence.

The dry-down is EXTREMELY dry, and leads in with the ever-present amber but adds mild sandlewood and other woody accords, which instead of hit you head-on, envelop you in a peaceful darkness. memory and reality blend, and the man can rest easier now.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This perfume was rather disappointing. All I smelled here was strong amber, a bit of incense and potentially some wood. I was really hoping for something more multi-faceted, with mint in there and all, but it remained a balmy ambery scent for the 1-2 hours that it lasted on my skin. I liked the other perfumes by DS & Durga that I sampled at Anthropologie...but this wasn't as good.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Kyoto Etat Libre d`Orange Tilda Swinton Like This Mona di Orio Vanille Slumberhouse Norne Frederic Malle French Lover Tom Ford Oud Wood Slumberhouse Ore Parfumerie Generale PG02 Coze Diptyque Philosykos Comme des Garcons Daphne Nasomatto Absinth Les Nereides Oppoponax Penhaligon`s Juniper Sling Histoires de Parfums 1969 Parfum de Revolte Nasomatto Pardon Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 28 La Pausa Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Alexander McQueen My Queen Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver