Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) DSH Perfumes for women

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) DSH Perfumes for women
dislike

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) DSH Perfumes for women Pictures

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) by DSH Perfumes is a Floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. The fragrance features bergamot, cassis, rose, orris root, french labdanum, patchouli, sandalwood, rose geranium, palmarosa, bulgarian rose, egyptian rose, peru balsam and brazilian rosewood.

Bergamot Cassis Rose Orris Root French labdanum Patchouli Sandalwood Rose Geranium Palmarosa Bulgarian Rose Egyptian Rose Peru Balsam Brazilian Rosewood

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) Fragrance Reviews

mimosaAM
mimosaAM

I love this beautiful perfume. It is like wearing a cashmere sweater that has been soaked in rose essence. It reminds me of some very nice old world roses, like Golden Wings, or a hybrid musk. DSH has created a warm rose with an intimate heart. It is a milky rose with a hint of the green leaf. I adore this perfume.

alicevel
alicevel

I wanted to love this and make it my one great Rose perfume... sadly this was not to be. Within minutes on my skin "American Beauty" went all soapy. Nothing for it, I'll have to try ALL the other DSH roses - what a task ;)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

First impression: peed-on patchouli was bullying the rose scent, keeping her under lock and key. Per my daughter "you smell weird". Great.

Two hours later, patchouli is still going and had brought along the earthy smell of the orris root. Smells almost like I've been digging in the garden. That fades a bit, and becomes musky and slightly masculine.

Four hours later, it's powdery patchouli. Not smokey or musty, so that's ok. No rose to my nose, except in the very beginning (and that may have been my imagination), which is disappointing.

It had low sillage from the beginning-- just past skin scent--and reasonable longevity. The transformation this perfume went through on me was interesting, but not the bold citrus rose I think of for American Beauty. Glad I only got the tiny $4 sample. This was an odd one I'll be hard pressed to want to wear again.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Truly not for lovers of rose soliflores...
But what an amazing abstract rose fragrance this is! I agree heartily with redlipstick, it constantly changes and morphes into one of the most beautiful rose perfumes in the world i.m.o. :) .Rose, patchouli and sandalwood plus a creamy earthy orris note are begging for attention and finally the gentle cassis-rose wins over. I have fallen a long time ago for combinations of rose,patchouli and orris combinations and this one, American Beauty, I like even with Voleur de Roses,Amouage Lyric ans Soir de Lune. Very addictive.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

What a strange perfume! It keeps changing throughout the drydown - it's quite intoxicating.

Even though I really dislike the earthiness of orris root, it settles down after the opening.

I kept getting a whiff of something lovely and asking myself "What smells so good??" and realizing it was this sample!

The rose note is spectacular - clean, crisp, fresh. The bergamot is subtle here, and it balances the patch and sandalwood very well.

Overall, a clean rose scent with an ever so slightly soapy vibe, and a tiny bit of warm earthiness mixed in (almost like tuberose).

Impressive, considering the opening was so overpowering.

American Beauty (Rose No. 1) by DSH Perfumes 4.21 out of 5 based on 16 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSH Perfumes American Beauty (Rose No. 1) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSH Perfumes American Beauty (Rose No. 1), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify American Beauty (Rose No. 1) by DSH Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of American Beauty (Rose No. 1) by DSH Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Amouage Amouage Lyric Woman Amouage Honour Woman Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Frederic Malle En Passant Tom Ford Noir de Noir Amouage Fate for Women Amouage Amouage Gold pour Femme Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver Illuminum White Gardenia Petals L`Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette Guerlain Bois d'Armenie Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Guerlain Cuir Beluga Serge Lutens Arabie Chanel Chanel N°19 Frederic Malle Iris Poudre Annick Goutal Rose Absolue Panouge Isabey Gardenia Serge Lutens La Myrrhe