Designers » D E » Aromatic « Groups

Cyan DSH Perfumes for women
dislike

herbal
Cyan DSH Perfumes for women Pictures

Cyan is a new fragrance by the house of DSH Perfumes created for Sniffapalooza NYC Spring Fling 2009. The perfume was inspired by light blue and belongs to "aroma-color" fragrant interpretations. It depicts freshness of spring with luminous aromas of linden tree, camomille, mint, yuzu and wood. The nose is Dawn M. Spencer Hurwitz The nose behind this fragrance is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz.

Lime (Linden) Blossom Chamomile Mint Yuzu Woodsy Notes

Cyan Fragrance Reviews

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

from this, I get exactly what is on the "pyramid"... in that order. A very straight forward scent. Natural, refreshing, different.

The linden is very real here and so are the other notes, but somehow they seem a little toned down. I must mention that I am dabbing here, not spraying. So spraying might bring a different experience. I'm a fan of linden, I have AG Eau du ciel and Tilleul d'Orsay at home to compare it with and I must say this is really pretty if not as complex, but I do not think it was necessarily meant to be a complex fragrance. I admire the creativity, the acidic yuzu is very interesting combined with the linden and the chamomile really amps up the blossoms, probably because they actually smell similar in nature, floral but in a harsh, dry way.

I keep on being reminded of eating sushi whenever I sniff my hand. I think it reminds me of the pale yellow pickled ginger in a packet that comes with take-out sushi. Maybe something to do with the yuzu?

And I do not see blue in my head when I smell this... I see a lemony yellow color.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I ordered several samples from DSH Perfumes, this being one of them. It disappeared on my skin after about an hour. I don't like it enough to keep applying, so I will move on to the next sample. I love niche perfumeries though - always coming up with some clever scents. One thing I will also mention about the DSH line, what you smell in the bottle isn't at all what it smells like on the skin. At least for me.

9154mf
9154mf

I agree with the review below, however on me this is not thin or watery or extremely light. It is definitely there. It's certainly no sillage monster but it's definitely got presence on me. The mixture of herbal, floral and something winged and magical is just beautiful;, never smelled anything like this before.

Aalia
Aalia

I do really love it as an aromatic-the selection of notes are wonderful and their interatcions and play are terrific. The notes float up off your skin, and the combination of notes is excellent. It's herbal and lightly floral at the same time, but never sharp- always *clear*. It's also....smooth.
However, this scent is extremely light. On the card of my sample from Snifapalooza April 2009 (so generously given to me by a memeber !) It says to be like " an eau fraiche" and " lighter than air"...and... YES..yes it is ..it could be considered lighter than air. This scent is extremely delicate, thin, watery, and transparent. I love it, and hate it, for those fine, fine qualities. *sigh*

Cyan by DSH Perfumes 4.25 out of 5 based on 6 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSH Perfumes Cyan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSH Perfumes Cyan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cyan by DSH Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cyan by DSH Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens Five O`Clock Au Gingembre DSH Perfumes Cimabue (Italian Journey no. 8) Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kingston Ferry Keiko Mecheri Osmanthus The Different Company Jasmin de Nuit Eau D`Italie Baume du Doge Aedes de Venustas Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum Neela Vermeire Creations Trayee Etro Shaal Nur Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini Amouage Ubar Le Labo Santal 33 Amouage Jubilation for Women Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud Eau de Cologne Concentree Alexander McQueen Kingdom Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge Diptyque Eau Duelle Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Yves Rocher Vanille Noire