Designers » D E » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Mahjoun DSH Perfumes for women
dislike

nutty
honey

Mahjoun is an exotic, sensuous and delicious fragrance. It opens with bitter almond, cardamom, cherry blossom, lavender, lemon and orange. Middle note contains Bulgarian rose, fig, hazelnut, honey, nutmeg, orange blossom and sugar date. Notes of the base are: amber, cedar, cinnamon, clove, olibanum, sandalwood and Arabian myrrh.

It is available as 30 ml EDP.

The nose behind this fragrance is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz.

Lavender Cardamom Amalfi Lemon Orange Almond

African Orange flower Nutmeg Rose Hazelnut white honey Fig Dates

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Amber Clove Cinnamon Olibanum Myrhh

Mahjoun Fragrance Reviews

pravda48
pravda48

This could be the gourmand edition of L'Elephant, and yes it too reminds me of shopping in Cost Plus World Market. Chewy sweet dates, honey, all warm spices & almond dust. "Granola perfume"s a good description. Mahjoun definitely has that characteristic smoky headshop vibe after the drydown and these little smoke tendrils back up the potpourri in the best way.

Like a potpourri, though, all of them do have the same noticeable 'mishmash' smell even when the flavors are different. I find this to be the case with many natural perfumes, and I'm ok with that. Also it does not become maple/pancake syrup on me, so yay for that! Rather it stays warm spices and honey and almond, and the myrrh and olibanum jump in to add a touch of incense smoke.

I'm enjoying it very much on these 1st cool fall days in North Carolina with all the windows open in my house and a cool breeze drifting in. Mmm, cozy. Thanks Jitterbug for sending this adorable mini my way! (DSH's dram sizes are so cute in their official-looking but tiny bottles.)

[10.7.14]

A yummy oriental, is how I'd describe DSH Mahjoun. This perfume is quite a powerhouse of intense essences, and one of my favorites, bitter almond, is in full evidence. Upon application, I was immediately reminded of some of the complex concoctions from the house of Serge Lutens. However, this combination works better for me than certain members of "the curry series", as I've come to refer to creations such as Arabie. The scents here are blended quite harmoniously and I find this combination most appealing. No curry powder or cumin here, but lots of other wonderful stuff...

All in all, a fine wintertime creation with lots of spices and woods. I'd list Mahjoun as unisex, and I do recommend it people who enjoy the oriental perfumes of Serge Lutens.

kabelaced
kabelaced

I could smell some spices in this at first, but the immediate - and long lasting - drydown on this was pure pancake syrup. It made me feel a bit nauseous!

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I did not expect to like this scent. When I smelled it on paper, I said, "wow, this is a cake." Dawn confirmed that in fact it was inspired by some dessert. I tried it on my skin in a spirit of experiment, and was captivated. It wasn't smelling like cake on my skin, instead I felt around me a cloud of spices in a sweet aura. I got a sample of it and wore it next day for a night on the town, and I felt irresistible. A little bit goes a long way, but I will be looking for a bottle after finishing my sample.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

My first impression is of a “granola” perfume - one that is all-natural, contains a high percentage of absolutes and has an insipid “brown sticky” aura to it, sort of like a used tea bag or dying flower petals. Given the list of notes here and elsewhere, this should smell better and stronger than it does. How can you go wrong with powerful natural scents like lavender, rose, spices and sandalwood? I can only think that the amount of these materials used must have been vanishingly small, so what is left is mostly bland fruit tinctures and hazlenut absolute. The scent is nice, but too delicate for my taste.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSH Perfumes Mahjoun fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSH Perfumes Mahjoun, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mahjoun by DSH Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mahjoun by DSH Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Chergui Fendi Fendi Theorema Guerlain Shalimar Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Ginestet Botrytis Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Guerlain Cuir Beluga Guerlain Samsara Eau de Parfum Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Chanel Bois des Iles Amouage Amouage Lyric Woman Guerlain Chamade Hermes Hermessence Ambre Narguile Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon DSH Perfumes Cimabue (Italian Journey no. 8) L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque Hermes Elixir des Merveilles