Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Tubereuse DSH Perfumes for women

Tubereuse DSH Perfumes for women
dislike

tuberose

Milky white and flesh flowers of tuberose bear the secret of attraction, making this the most sensual and intoxicating fragrance. In India, tuberosa is called “Mistress of the Night:”

Citrus accords and mimosa open the composition. Tuberose is at the heart, while the base consists of French beeswax, heliotrope, Himalayan cedar and sandalwood.

It is available as 30 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz.

Citruses Mimosa

Tuberose

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Beeswax Heliotrope

Tubereuse Rosee

Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews

missveronica9
missveronica9

I have a small sample vial of this scent in the 'Oil Essence' format. Unlike other reviewers here, I don't find it to smell much like tuberose (or at least my conception of tuberose, as I've not yet had the opportunity to smell the real flower). To me it's a creamy white flowers combination of gardenia and lily-of-the-valley, reminding me somewhat of a honeyed Kai.

I don't find this scent at all animalic, and nothing like Fracas or Blonde (which share a strange, rubbery/sexual note, imho).

Perhaps animalic tuberose is more obvious in the alcohol based version?

I find this very pretty and wearable, probably because I generally have trouble with tuberose perfumes due to that weird note I mentioned.

Perhaps you've been wondering: how does DSH Perfumes TUBEREUSE differ from Miller Harris NOIX DE TUBEREUSE? Allow me to answer the question.

The DSH soliflore is a potent little number with a slightly animalic quality to it. I have no idea what accounts for the dark side of this composition. Glancing over the notes, I surmise that some mystery ingredients have been omitted: Beeswax, Heliotrope, Mimosa, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Cedarwood, Lemon

A cursory glance at this list one might lead one to conclude that DSH TUBEREUSE is very similar to the Miller Harris entry in the tuberose soliflore category. They both claim mimosa among their notes. Where one contains violet, the other contains heliotrope, Where one contains resin and tonka and amber, the other contains beeswax. In fact they are nothing alike--aside, of course, from the prominent tuberose note. DSH TUBEREUSE lies much closer to Versace BLONDE or Histoires de Parfums TUBEREUSE 3--the animalic one.

Basically, if you want to smell nice and polite (or if you dislike tuberose!) then obviously you'll want to stay very far away from DSH TUBEREUSE--which may be quite easy to do, since this appears to be a limited edition. Despite the eau de parfum designation, my 1 ounce bottle clearly contains a liquid of parfum strength, so I'm covered for this lifetime.

This version of "tuberose as intoxicant" is less gooey than Versace BLONDE. The tuberose note has a real clarity to it, but it is nonetheless shrouded in darkness. Perhaps the wood in this composition has been charred? Don't know, but this is a winner.

Just to make clear and to document my capacity to make quality distinctions among tuberose perfumes: I do not love every single tuberose perfume on the planet. Honoré des Prés VAMP A NY, for example, is not to my liking, and I'm also not that keen on either Frédéric Malle CARNAL FLOWER or By Kilian BEYOND LOVE.

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

Agree with the last review. A true, very rich tuberose. Warm, green, complex, powerful all at same time. I have the oil, relatively close to skin. Gorgeous.

Zobeide
Zobeide

A quiet, exquisite beauty. This is a true tuberose, and one that could be worn to the office without being intrusive. The citrus gives a lightness to the composition in its initial stages. Then, as it warms on the skin, the beeswax accentuates the tuberose's animalistic, fleshy qualities, alongside heliotrope which adds a gentle warmth and sweetness. The beeswax comes more to the fore after 3-4 hours. DHS Tubereuse's sensuality is tender and intimate compared with the greener and more extroverted style of Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. I love them both. This is definitely going on my "must have" list! Sillage moderate; longevity 6-8 hours.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about DSH Perfumes Tubereuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about DSH Perfumes Tubereuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tubereuse by DSH Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tubereuse by DSH Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Robert Piguet Fracas Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Guerlain Nahema Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Serge Lutens De Profundis Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 31 Rue Cambon Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon Molinard Habanita Neela Vermeire Creations Trayee Chanel Bois des Iles Hermes Elixir des Merveilles Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Frapin 1270 Serge Lutens Bas de Soie Annick Goutal Songes Hermes 24 Faubourg