Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Incognito Dana for women

Incognito Dana for women
dislike

Incognito by Dana is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Incognito was launched in 1992. Top notes are aldehydes, orange, green notes, basil, bergamot, brazilian rosewood and lemon; middle notes are honey, carnation, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, benzoin, civet, vanilla, incense and styrax.

Aldehydes Orange Green Notes Basil Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood Lemon

Honey Carnation Cinnamon Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Amber Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Benzoin Civet Vanilla Incense Styrax

Nokomis

Incognito Fragrance Reviews

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Oh how I miss this spicy floriental gem of a scent! Why it was discontinued makes me scratch my head in disbelief. It is powdery, soft & strong without being loud and possesses a depth that is way beyond the reasonable drug store price point it sold at.
It's true that the florals, spices and vanilla that grounds the scent made it seem more like a Coco Chanel flanker than Dana/Coty $12.00 goodie.
Grab it if you come across some...it is difficult to find.
Cheers!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Incognito reminds me most definately of a different take on the Chanel classic, Coco. It also bears a resemblance to several other floral and patchouli florientals of the era!

I will doubtless be outvoted, but my impression still lingers strongly on it's similarity to Coco. Coco has an apple cider undertone ( to my nose ) that Incongnito lacks; in other respects these are estranged sisters. While Coco is primarily about rose, Incognito focuses on orange blossom perfectly blended with other flowers, including rose.

I refuse to judge this juice by it's cheap little bottle, just as I respectfully doubt the wisdom of judging a person by the quality of their clothing. Repackaged, Incognito would most certainly impress most floriental lovers. Some of us should test her blindfolded!

I have great respect for any drugstore classic which can hold it's own against Chanel, as this humble scent demonstrates. If your chemistry meshes with Incognito, you'll be wearing a BEAUTY ....... in disguise.

5 stars

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

Just got a small bottle of this on eBay for less than $5. So far I'm really happy with it. Nothing offensive about it (on me) and honestly smells slighly unisex. The dry-down is a bit powdery, so that's the only reason I think it works best on women. I would call this a "professional woman" smell. A little dab on the wrists will do ya... don't go spraying this willy nilly or you'll give yourself a headache.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I remember when i first tried this back in the early 90's. It is a really good fragrance that is really sweet,compelling and different but very 90's as it is loud and in your face but very feminine..i use up my whole miniture sample quickly..i am surprised i never repurchased a full bottle but i was young when i tried it...good memories :)

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

The Cover Girl and Noxell versions are still on Ebay - brand new gift sets containing cologne and a tiny bottle of perfume. Just do a search on Incognito Cover Girl and you will be amazed by how many will show up.

Of course there are also lots of bottles by Dana too. However, there are no Dana Incognito gift sets.

valenceis
valenceis

My opinion could change, but I think I hate this. I remember the Noxell/Cover Girl version being much less bathroom-like but also I owned this at a time when public restrooms had less of the chemical advances they have today.

I have hated fragrances for months before they "clicked" with my chemistry before. But this makes me curious if I am just craving a different incarnation of this. Or I was young (literally a child), unsophisticated and didn't mind smelling like a rest stop bathroom. Time will tell.

EDIT: I got the Noxell/Cover Girl version on ebay and now I remember, it has become my opinion is that Dana is like a hospice for good cheap perfume to go to die.

Milladane
Milladane

Incognito is a spicy floriental that starts out a bit loud and obnoxious in the top notes, not sure what it is, probably the brazilian rosewood. At this point, I had to look up the perfume to make sure it was a women's perfume. The heart is heavy spicy florals, amber, and honey. Then it dries down nice, smooth, and sweet, probably due to the benzoin.

I would not wear this today at my age, and heavy florientals are not my thing anyway, but I could totally see myself as a teen wearing this...feeling all sexy and grown up. This one is so inexpensive online anyone who loves big strong florientals might as well try this. If it happens to be your thing, then you're in luck and can stock up. As far as whether it smells like a drug store cheapie, well, it's a matter of opinion. I think it's of decent quality...at least it has a lot of notes...but because of the loud aspect, it does not seem sophisticated either. If a woman who carries herself well wears this, then it may work out nicely.

From what I've read, it was launched in 1992 by Cover Girl, and I believe my mini is from the 90s. I'm on a sniffing rampage, trying to test as many perfumes as I can, and this is the first time I've come across this. The photo above shows that it's by Dana. I don't know if they've changed the formula after acquiring it.

The longevity is very good considering it's a cologne. It's been 5 hours and I can still smell it on my wrist, though it's getting quite faint now.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

I'd love to smell this too!I didn't have any perfume lovers in my family to borrow from, so i was relegated to the mediocre dregs at the drug store.( Of course, there were a few gems hidden away in the plastic shells.) This was one of the first that I actually saved up to buy; maybe I was 13 or 14.I'm sure this was pleasant and though I believe my taste in scents has evolved a little over time, those types of fragrances were unpretentious and always friendlier than today's lot.:)

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I remember this! What a throwback to my Jr. days when it first came out. I remeber liking it then, and by looking at the notes, now I see why. Its notes are reminiscent of the scents that I like most. Wish I could get a whiff of this again.

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

This reminds me of the year I went off to college. I received this for my 18th birthday, I think. My mom thought it was scandalous. ;) It went well with the cold nights in northern CA. There was a lot of warmth, but something crisp as well. Wish I could smell this again...

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i also had a best friend that used to wear this i also need to smell again because it was like 1994 or so seemed o.k on her i never was compelled to buy it or even burrow it . . i do remember that it had a very different very distinct smell

snobuni77
snobuni77

I am so surprised to see this here.My best friend in 8th grade use to wear this & I loved it on her.I would actually love to smell it again.I remember the honey & cinnamon as well as the musk & some floral notes.I never did buy any of my own although I thought about it.After trying it in the store on myself I nixed that idea.I still loved it on her though.She was a sexy tiny loud mouthed comedian with red hair & it fit her well.

Incognito by Dana 3.35 out of 5 based on 54 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dana Incognito fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dana Incognito, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Incognito by Dana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Incognito by Dana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.