Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Tabu Forbidden Dana for women

Tabu Forbidden Dana for women
dislike

Tabu Forbidden is a new edition of "forbidden" Tabu perfume; a sexy fragrance that contains notes of mandarin, black plum blossom, black roses, black narcissus, black jasmine, black musk, Indian sandalwood and sensual black vetiver. It is available in bottles of 50 ml.

Mandarin Orange Plum Blossom Rose Narcissus Jasmine Musk Sandalwood vetyver

Amor Amor
Sea & Sun in Cadaques
Forbidden for Woman
Ex`cla-ma`tion

Tabu Forbidden Fragrance Reviews

faerywren
faerywren

I love the way this smells. It is a light, sweet floral that is so pleasant. My only complaint is it doesn't last long on me.

Corinne39
Corinne39

I nearly put this up to swap when I first got it..Nothing special, nothing I hadn't smelled before, or so I thought!..but then I gave it another try..The days are getting longer and brighter and the weather just a tiny bit warmer, and now this is a lovely and welcome addition to my wardrobe..To me it starts off a little like Salvador Dali Sea & Sun in Cadaques..they both have a hint of musk and a little orange/kumquat and a lovely outdoor freshness..but then it becomes more floral and soft and sits quite close to the skin..Glad I kept hold of Tabu Forbidden, roll on even longer, warmer days.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I didn't realise that Dana had released other Tabu scents until I found this last week. It's the first time I've seen it anywhere, and then I find a chemist that stocks it in three sizes! Go figure!

Anyhow, Tabu Forbidden is my sort of Tabu. I had turned over two bottles of the original Tabu within a short period of time, hoping to get on with it but failing. I appreciate it in small doses but there's too much amber for my skin.

Tabu Forbidden is different from the original. It's fruity, floral and musky and very much like creamy soda (as @lindley noted too), which would point to vanilla even though there's no vanilla in the notes. When I was a kid creamy soda was a special occasion drink and so this smell brings back good memories for me! Yum!

lindley
lindley

I could have sworn this had loads of vanilla, it comes off as so creamy-sweet. The notes were quite a shock. (But black rose? The only black roses I know of are the ones my florist brother-in-law spray paints.)

In any case, it is delicious. It reminds me of creaming soda--fruit and vanilla--and jasmine. And smells far more expensive than it is.

rednut
rednut

Fruity(sharp fruit, not sweet fruit) floral and musky with a big wallop of vetiver. It's a very simple scent, not too many notes in it and it works. I don't get anything sweet at all. To my nose it smells a little like a lighter version of Midnight Poison (so for those like me who will miss MP terribly, it might be worth a try) Bargain price means that even a blind buy won't hurt your pocket. It lasts all day too. Can't find anything bad about this - Dana does it again!

tittertat
tittertat

If you think original Tabu smells like root beer, this one smells a lot more like root beer or birth beer. It doesn't really smell like Tabu at all, it reminds me of a lot of root beer-smelling fragrances like Midnight Poison and Hidden fantasy.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Oh how I love the smell.. sweet & fruity & musky, I dont get woody but that is fine with me.

I love tabu and was expecting something similiar but forbidden is nothing like tabu, but thats fine as this is great in its own fruity way.. I personally prefer heavy orientals during the day but sweet fruity to wear to bed..

But the low sillage & short life (1-2 hrs on me) keeps me from buying a bottle..

BTW - I only seem to see this at Kmarts

Dollycat

I have to change my first review this lovely smell reminds me more of my o so loved but discontinued Cristobal. So now i´m even more pleased that i have found a replacement for this gorgeous smell:-)

Dollycat

I really love this one! It reminds me of F from Ferragamo. It´s sweet, fruity and very fresh. I haven´t tested yet on my skin but from the bottle it smells expensive and very pleasant considering the brand name and cheap price. Excellent blind buy, i´m very happy:-). I love this site and all the excellent reviews because this way i have discovered much new treasures for my perfume collection.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

I came across this perfume at a local *-Mart store while I was looking for something else totally unrelated to beauty and perfumes. It was sitting in the clearance aisle for $18. I pulled the bottle out of the (already)opened box and sprayed it on both of my wrists. It smelled nice and my nose knew it has smelled a similar perfume before.
I continued to walk around the store and kept smelling my wrists. What was the other perfume that Tabu Forbidden smelt like? Finally when I got in my car to drive away it suddenly hit me that Tabu Forbidden smells very very similar to the very expensive YSL Cinema (which I own). It really does smell similar! I don't need to buy another Cinema so I won't be buying the Forbidden, but if you are looking for an inexpensive and pretty smelling perfume that also smells expensive, then don't be afraid to buy Tabu Forbidden at your local "super-stores". That's it.

[email protected]
diannamcdaniel20@yahoo.co

Why can't I find tabu forbidden. It's my all time favorite and I can't find it anywhere. Can you tell me where I can get some tabu forbidden?

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

I used to really like this because it was exotic and sensual but now it kind of makes me feel sick. The chemicals are way too intoxicating.

For an inexpensive fragrance you can get at a _-Mart store this fragrance is splendid! It smells so unlike Tabu which, to myself and my mom, smells kinda gauche; and reminds me of something from a high-end fragrance counter. My mother LOVES this, her old fave (besides good old No.5) was the original Ambush! for women from Dana. Dad wore Canoe sometimes also...

The mandarin opens sweet and juicy setting the stage for a stunning chorus line of florals:plum blossom (exotic and subtle), rose (not too strong or powdery), narcissus (fresh and spring-like) and , of course, jasmine (lovely and intoxicating). The flowers blend seemlessly and go on and on dancing as the mandarin calls the dance with its sweet overtones, and just when you think it might start to get annoying...the strong (but not too masculine) base of musk (slightly animalistic), sandalwood (dry and sweet) and vetiver (grassy and earthy) bring this on home...

Sillage: quite decent
Longevity: most of the day (or nite)
Overall: 3.5/5

Ladies, if you like a well-blended musky floal with woody base don't let this being from Dana put you off, TRY IT you might just be surprised. It is not too "perfumey" like some are from this house. Nor is it too powdery or flowery. It's an inexpensive, quite well-blended fragrance for a mature (not OLD, but refined and grown-up) lady. The smell will always tell...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dana Tabu Forbidden fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Dana Tabu Forbidden, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tabu Forbidden by Dana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tabu Forbidden by Dana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.