Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men

David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men
dislike

David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures David Beckham Homme David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures

David Beckham in collaboration with Coty presents a new fragrance that was created with an aim to reveal the essence of charismatic man with style, football star, trendsetter, husband and father. ''I wanted to create a modern, masculine fragrance that reflects my style'' – says Beckham.

David Beckham Homme was announced as woody-spicy and its composition might be very interesting to fans of this group of fragrances. The fragrance arrives in a glass flacon with David's name spreading over glass surface, which makes this edition characteristic and memorable. Elegant white cardboard box features grey letters suggesting strength and elegance of this edition. The front part features a circle marked with the new logo David Beckham Homme.

Top notes of this excellent composition offer citrusy zest skillfully mixed with ginger and Szechuan pepper. A heart introduces cashmere, leather and rosemary, while a base leaves a trail of mahogany, patchouli and musk. The perfume was created by Pierre Negrin of Firmenich.

David Beckham Homme hits the shelves in September 2011, as 30 and 50 ml EDT, along with accompanying body care products.

Citruses Sichuan Pepper Ginger

Leather Cashmere Wood Rosemary

Musk Patchouli Mahogany

Terre d'Hermes

David Beckham Homme Fragrance Reviews

bunty62
bunty62

Good smell, perfect for night wearing.
lasting is ok but silage is poor.
Not perfect for u if u r in hot climate country like me in India.
Smell is very impressive.

Riobard
Riobard

Love at first sniff, I knew ok Coty house behind this let me get a 1 oz because it's not going to last ill take it with me... woman really like it. Have to try the rest of his line

scentedkub
scentedkub

I wish this fragrance lasted longer; it was practically gone in about four hours aside from the small amount that lingered on my shirt. This would make a great alternative to the typical workplace scents. It's fresh without being terribly ordinary and spicy without being off-putting. The woody notes are nice to me. The projection is pretty close to the body. A nice scent overall.

Laurdess
Laurdess

very nice scent. however it did not last at all on my skin, which is terrible because I realllllly liked this one.

vbjanos
vbjanos

David Beckham man's frags can usually be summed up in one sentence. Where Instinct was "Always presentable, Homme is "A bit more than just presentable". As any other Beckham, there are some high quality ingredients, diluted to budget of course. A quality bottle and having a top nose signing off on it does not hurt either.

DVB Homme is a well blended leather woody pepper for me. This is the only pepper frag I regularly wear, so something must be right. At one stage I liked it so much I have stocked up.

Unlike others in the range, Homme layers well. It lasts about 6 hours on me with projection a little better than a skin scent.

To sum it up, this is top stuff, at any price, for situations when you do not want much sillage.

KyleN
KyleN

This is a strange one, i hate the opening and i don't like the smell it projects for the first hour or so, it is far to spicy and peppery for my nose, however the drydown is amazing and becomes more and more masculine with each inhale. I'd compare the drydown of this scent to Fahrenheits Dior, but with a modern twist, they're not completely identical but similarities do show.
You can also get this very cheap online, so that's a positive, BUT... It is a Coty fragrance so it smells a little too cheap and slightly strange at times, i would use this daily as the longevity and sillage are both moderate. It's nothing mind blowing but the bottle is quite smart too. I hope this helps. P.S. i wouldn't risk blind buying this, always try before you buy with these kinds of fragrances

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

opening is very like Tdh, but becomes a much more gingery soapier scent after half an hour. Expect to be disappointed if you think are buying a Tdh alternative because its not in terms for quality and longevity.
Tdh is more earthy/oily. while this is more soapy and light.

worth the price for a nice, confident colonge. when you want to freshen up.

Occasion- casual

longevity is low-moderate.
projections is moderate till 3 to 4hrs.

Osmin
Osmin

Not sure how much of Beckham’s style is reflected in the perfume, but the juice is stylish. Also, before buying it, I had no chance sampling it, so, I relied on the reviews on the website. And as most of the time whenever someone exaggerates heavily it actually has the opposite result, (Kouros, Oscar de La Renta,) I end up disliking the perfume and criticising myself for forgetting that personal experiences are always subjective. But fortunately no one exaggerated on this cologne, and I find all the reviews accurate, except the ones that assault the name rather than the content. Had it been more expensive I would not attempt a blind buy, but the low price makes a blind buy less damaging in case it turns up bad, and much more rewarding if the product is the good, which makes one think that you have bought something that worth more than you paid, but also that you would have paid more if you knew before hand how good it is.
To the point. I am not sure how much resemblance is there between DB Homme and Terre, but if there is even the slightest, then I guess the former is underestimated and the latter overpriced, which in its turn is a compliment for DB and insult to Terre.
The only confusing aspect of this cologne is the opening, which is bit harsh, almost metallic scent, which may put most people off. It lasts however as much as the sentence describing the opening. When settles, I detect the ginger, pepper is neither distinct, nor forthcoming. But I might be wrong on that. At that point it smells like Noble Vetiver, but only for the next 10 mins. The drydown is amazing, (1 hour later) pretty similar to that of Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, and remains quite strong for the next 4 hours. After that it is still present but very subtle. Longevity, on me, 6-7 hours. Sillage, as most voted, is moderate. Quite content with this one.

Tine1world
Tine1world

I bought this cheap too. 7 dollars and fifty cents.. though the milliage is small. 30 ml. For my son to carry round in his backpack for freshening up on the go. I guess one gets what one pays for, but he said it's okay. Citrusy. it's very hard to choose these fragrances for some one else. But like anything else in one's wardrobe. Variety is the key. Cheers T.

shelece
shelece

I love this kind of wood scent. It's very fresh cut wood, green and spicy. Not a crazy "need to get to know" it fragrance, just clean and fresh.

NiceNiffs
NiceNiffs

I used to give celeb frags a wide berth but not too long ago decided to take the plunge and though this is a little on the synthetic side DBH along with other very similar frags such as Usher VIP are right where my scent tastes sit right now. Bravo Mr Beckham.

hsuru4u

wow...its interesting how opinion vary...but cool too...i like it its different to me...enough to be worthy

Steppero
Steppero

This is horrid. Seriously tried it in store today. Wouldn't even waste your time

hsuru4u

very nice...soapy and spicy and soothing...one of his better frags..

StinkOMatic

I was a bit harsh of this frag in my earlier review. After a month or so i decided to try it again. I Have changed my opinion on this. I get a spicey/floral/soapy kind of smell from this. I still wouldnt say its one of the best frags i have smelled, but for a casual frag, it would be ok i guess.

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Pretty impressive for a celebrity fragrance. Very woody opening and the dry down is a nice leather spice. Very masculaine.

Logevity: 5/10
Projection: 7/10

Overall: 20/30

Try it! :]

StinkOMatic

Should have known this was coty. nothing but a headache inducing butane bomb. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Cheap for a reason

SixTSix
SixTSix

I couldnt stand it at first because its a blase of ginger and pepper but take time to let it sit and its not that bad, Dont pay more than $20 for this

gianni1
gianni1

Reminds me of Creed Aventus. Of course not as perfected but at that price its surely worth it.

marioslg3

although completely different perfumes, the woody note in this reminds a lot the birch in Aventus...not the top notes, not the musky base notes that much but the middle, smells like this without the sweet pineapple/apple note.

said.mubarok.96
said.mubarok.96

I bought this perfume yesterday , and I like the warm spicy scent on me. Just like it....

haborym26
haborym26

similar to Terre and little bit Ferrari uomo.i dont care about celebs colognes,but this one convince me. longevity about 6 hours.cheap&good.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

If you're wondering who voted Grey Vetiver by T.Ford as a similar smelling scent that would be me.

It is not an exact replica but Homme by D. Beckham is like G. Vetiver but with spice-like notes layered above it.

If you like Grey Vetiver then this might be to your liking with some black pepper thrown in along with a couple other notes.

You'll be taken serious with this fragrance.

instantjim
instantjim

As other have noticed, this smells very much like Terre d'Hermes, Marc Jacobs Bang and similar fragrances. Even as a pale clone of the other fragrances it is worthwhile, if it can be found cheaply.

priquearaujo
priquearaujo

It's fantastic. My boyfriend love it!

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

This scent is actually very nice and affordable. It's super spicy and reminds me a little bit of Fahrenheit. The notes of pepper and cashmeran definitely come through. A worthy purchase for someone wanting a masculine peppery scent for fall with actual personality and character. I found a nice 1.7 bottle at Marshalls for 9.99. A steal in my book. I will wear this complex gem happily

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

I believe I was the first to say (over on BN) that it shares some similarities to Bulgari Man and Chopard's Noble Vetiver, and I still maintain that it does - all three of these scents have a fair bit of overlap in their vetiver/wood/cashmeran accord, but yet each IS unique. Unique enough to warrant owning more than one of them? Possibly.

Bvlgari Man is probably the most complex of the lot, and features a wonderful honey note late in the dry down that I love. It has a bit more sweetness throughout than the others. Noble Vetiver is the only scent to feature cardamom. It is a smooth blend of cardamom, vetiver, mahogany, and clary sage. I'd say it's the greenest of the bunch, although it has nuances of gray and brown in its spectrum as well. A simple, smooth and well executed scent.

Beckham Homme is the spiciest and woodiest of the bunch, and I'd agree that it shares some similarities with Terre d'Hermes too. The ginger and vetiver in BH have some parallels to the grapefruit and vetiver in TdH, although Beckham Homme is less earthy/rustic and more refined. The opening accord of citrus and ginger is wonderful - I just wish the citrus stayed prominent longer than the few minutes that it does. This transitions into a woody ginger accord that is smooth and even a hint soapy, although far from the soapiness of say, any of Prada's men's scents. This accord is masculine and full bodied and while slightly synthetic, it doesn't come across as cheap, shrill, or obnoxious as so many other scents in this price range do.

The perfumer behind this is Pierre Negrin, who has also recently done Opus VI and Interlude Man for Amouage, and evaluating just those three scents alone will give you a taste for his style. All of the scents are full bodied and masculine, with a strong and smooth woodiness, subtle and well integrated sweetness, and momentary but excellent citrus openings. Smelling Beckham Homme next to either of the Amouage's, you can smell the difference in budget, but it's not as extreme as you'd think given the cost difference of the final products. To be quite frank, Beckham Homme holds up quite well in comparison to the two Amouage scents, and that is definitely more a credit to the wonderful perfumery of Pierre Negrin than it is any kind of knock on Amouage (I tend to LOVE Amouage in general, in fact my signature scent is from them - Memoir Man.)

Check out Beckham Homme. It's worth a sniff.

Linden
Linden

Of all the Beckham scents this one seems the most mature and appeals to me the most. Very masculine, sharp spicy-woody scent along the lines of TDH. The opening smells a bit like Pinesol but I really like it actually,
and although it's quite synthetic, still has character; a nice, elegant 80's retro feeling. Versatile, subtle but nice projection and actually lasts a good while.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

For me this perfume can only work for +40 old men. Even is fresh i don't really like it, too sharp, kind of citric and spicy.

marioslg3

I never checked any David Beckham perfume just because I dont like David as a person or football player. Today, I decided to check them and honestly, i was impressed by this one. Very masculine well blended perfume with very good sillage and longevity. Immediately from the first spray you get light citrus, ginger, pepper and cashmere wood...The perfume gets better and better as time goes by and the masculinity increases. The citrus and ginger are not those that you smell almost in all summer colognes. They are going together, hand to hand up to the end. Finally and after a lot of hours, you are left with a nice musk with rosemary, a very pleasant time but the strong point of this perfume is the opening and especially the heart notes. Imagine that you have a saw and you cut some fresh wood on a table with some ginger by the side and the air brings in very lighlty the smell of rosemary...this is what this perfume is...and the ginger usually is going together with citrus but this perfume made me believed that the ginger blended with wood as a dominant ingredient, is a very nice masculine recipe. I suppose we are all tired with the ginger/lemon perfumes that are so commercial in our days...Many of them are so similar so let's stop it...there are much better and new combinations to make instead of having all the time the same perfumes....The price is a true bargain for this perfume!

gusbac
gusbac

My first kick at a Beckham scent, I found this a smooth and pleasant EDT that's well balanced and hard not to like.
It opens with a nice sparkle of ginger, grapefruit and light pepper. The cashmere and leather heart softens everything to balance the spice and musk.
All the elements play nice together: it's not overly fresh, sporty or spicy. This would be a nice daily frag for the cooler months and has decent longevity too.
Some others have compared it with Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Man and while there are some common elements (flint / pepper notes of TdH and cashmere wood / white musk base of Man), it really stands on it's own as a well-executed fragrance.
Overall: 7-8/10

kiviivi
kiviivi

Its Earl Grey tea with (peper/ginger) +anise
its defently peppery! less ginger and Anise it have tiny accent of mint. I have compered directly beckham to Bvlgari Man and they are defently difrent fragrances -but also they have 1 note in common thats the only connection

Redpula
Redpula

I find this juice aquatic, citrus, spicy and soapy. Sillage and top is very strong but wonderful. I am simply amazed! Longevity is my fear, 3 hours after I sprayed it, scent is light already, fading. There are hints of Cartier Roadster on heart, light Hermes Jardin Sur L Nil and Terre d' Hermes over dry down.

mikeyt1975
mikeyt1975

the best of the beckham range by far, just got it for christmas nice an fresh reminds me of gucci sport 7/10

jonr951
jonr951

It reminds me of Marc Jacobs Bang. It's good stuff! I'll need to get me a bottle real soon. : )

sf2explus
sf2explus

a very nice jazzy scent bitter citruss on top that smells semi sweet, alot of white musc here. the leather is light but can easily smell it not as intense as diors farenhight. has a late 80's and early ninties vibe but a little modernised with the top notes of the scent after the first 30 mins i beguin to think, no actually i beguin to know i have smelt the exact same scent elsewhere. anyway i'll judge the scent based on whats in the bottle. for me its a good smelling scent quality is just below average imo. although does not smell cheap in any way.
scent has good sillage for the first hour. lasting power for the scent is 6-8 hours than close to skin the musc helps with the lasting power in this.

Scent 6/10

dad hash
dad hash

IT is nothing special but i love it more then my life cus some one very very special has given this to me today and i came home straight to the note book to leave this comment!

antonpan
antonpan

Today I tested it and I can't believe how good it is. I'm sure those who find this fragrance to be nothing special didn't try it thoroughly or didn't wear it. Maybe because of the name of the brand? As for me the one thing I believe is my nose and David Beckham Homme is an extemely, EXTREMELY good cologne.

To me it is closer to Dior Fahrenheit, but it also echoes Marc Jacobs Bang, Bvlgari Man, Chopard Noble Vetiver etc. It is like a quintessence of all the best in a mens perfumery. The fragrance starts off with a pinch of pepper from Bang on a citrusy vetivery base from Bvlgari Man. Than vetiver is enhancing reminding that in Chopard Noble Vetiver with a smoky woody background. Finally I feel a touch of leather with a typical of Fahrenheit green bitter note, and that's why the scent smells on my skin like a peppery and less floral variation of Fahrenheit.

For its price David Beckham Homme is a true masterpiece. The longevity is very good, the sillage is average.

I thought this would smell more like Burberry the Beat and/or Bvlgari Man, but it turns out that it reminds me of Terre d'Hermes too! So no argument here. Later it gets peppery woody cedar; much like Marc Jacobs Bang. The lasting power is acceptable. It's still a nice scent for men, but you may wanna skip it if you already have this peppery citrusy cedar type of fragrance in your collection.

quasaradventure
quasaradventure

Nice, potent but the down part is that to me this is a Terre d'Hermes COPY ! The first time i smelled this David Beckham Homme I had the deja vu feeling which lasted like 15 seconds..than I went to the Terre d'Hermes bottle and there you have...exactly the same !

Roqfort
Roqfort

Very nice, elegant scent. Longevity about 5-6 hours (not bad). I tryied 2 times and finally bought it.

Dirk
Dirk

Bought this 1 today as i find it a very nice comfortable scent.
It starts of fresh and spicy, but quickly changes to the middle which i get a warm woody scent of with a bit sweetness in the background.
It is not faded out yet but i think the scent stays like this.
And it is quite a light scent and not loud at all.
so the sillage is average and maybe even a bit low.
I expect the longevity won't be impressive either.
But all by all this is a nice scent for 25+ wearing on fall days, i think it is too light for winter.
And it is not so expensive.
i payed 27 euro for 50ml

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I recently received a sample of this, and I decided to try it out on my wrist and was actually very impressed.

I haven't tried many Beckham scents before, but I found this to be simultaneously very chic and yet also heartily masculine.

The opening is a huge burst of ginger. Normally I'm not really a fan of ginger but the citrus and pepper tamed it a little.

When the fragrance dried down, I thought it was fabulous. While the ginger was still present, it was tamer and softened by the musk, cashmere and leather. Sometimes patchouli can be overbearing but thankfully that isn't the case here.

This scent actually reminded me a little of the way I remember Old Spice smelling as a kid...manly, forceful and warm. They don't exactly smell the same, but they evoke the same kind of reaction in me.

It's alluring and sexy, but in a classic, comforting way.

I gave the rest of the sample to my boyfriend. I wanted him to smell like this! He also likes it so I might consider getting him the bottle too. So it's a thumbs up from me for this scent.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I believe a lot of the perfume snobs are missing a trick when it comes to the Beckham range. Instinct was a solid scent that veered on the traditional rather than sporty aquatic which is what you would have bet your house on.
This follows suit in a rather more muted way. Its masculine in a self-confident way and has a nice green warmth to it which gives the impression of a scent that will work well in the colder months.

David Beckham Homme by David & Victoria Beckham 3.82 out of 5 based on 168 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about David & Victoria Beckham David Beckham Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about David & Victoria Beckham David Beckham Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify David Beckham Homme by David & Victoria Beckham. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of David Beckham Homme by David & Victoria Beckham represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.