Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

marine
ozonic
Signature for Him David & Victoria Beckham for men Videos
Signature for Him David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures Signature for Him David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures

In order to improve their line of perfumes Victoria and David Beckham presented another two perfumes in cooperation with Coty and these will be available from September 2008.

Signature for Him is a fresh woody-oriental fragrance, created in cooperation of the Beckhams with perfumer Beatrice Piquet of International Flavors & Fragrances. It opens with notes of mandarin watermelon and sea notes. The heart includes South African bush Lantana blossom, cypress and juniper, while the base encompasses oakmoss, white amber and patchouli.

The perfume will be available as 50 and 75 ml edt, 50 ml aftershave and 60 ml deo stick.

Both bottles (perfume pair) were designed in pink nuances by Lutz Herrmann, and inspired by architecture of big cities.

Mandarin Orange Watermelon Sea water

Cypress Juniper

Oakmoss Patchouli Amber

Black Suede Essential

Signature for Him Fragrance Reviews

collecteur
collecteur

Oriental, woody? This fragrance is a joke. you better buy wind in a nice bottle, you will have the same results! It does smell fresh flowery alcohol when spraying it on to vanish completely about 4 minutes later. I've used the usual way an eau de toilette must be used. Had 10 more sprays half an hour later & nothing!Just an extremely soft clean smell on my t-shirt. The bottle is nice but the fragrance itself is just wind & a way to have people spending money.

kuba
kuba

it happens to share something with Bvlgari Soir, may be because both comprised of cypress, amber and some notes of citruses, the different is Bvlgari Soir is of the highest quality. Nice cologne for haters of generic scents.

RobbieX

Airy, ozonic, fresh, marine and spicy. There you go. It's lovely

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

This reminds me of Eternity (CK) and Tommy Est 1985 (Hilfiger) only a bit lighter with lower longevity

This would make a decent Spring/Summer scent, it is light and sits close and due to the price you can go a little heavier in application.

Falls well into "safe for work" category as it's inoffensive, clean and has close projection. Sometimes a milder cologne type is preferable in certain surroundings.

I got a 75ml for £10.45 (roughly around $15 for our cousins across the Atlantic) and for that price I really can't fault it.

nvenus
nvenus

Deospray:
This lays between like and love for me :) A fresh fragrance that reminds me of rain, it's very nice :)

NickZee
NickZee

For the price, this is a nice youthful and fun fragrance. Being a cheapie, all the nice ingredients are loaded into the first two hours and then your are left with a pleasant musk that continues to project.

I think this best suits guys under 30 that don't analyse fragrance too much and just want to smell good and have decent projection.

For those seeking an upgrade, Calvin Klein Eternity Now is slightly less brash.

magicman4130
magicman4130

ive read the reviews and here's my personal take on this: its cheap, its smells great, and its a daytime summer/spring fragrance.

is it my go-to scent? no. is it freaking waaaay good for the price. yes. go with that...i mean its like people want a $80 fragrance out of $15. nautica voyage is the only exception.

alexgo
alexgo

I bought this and I don't waste my money on bad fragrances. It's somewhat synthetic, but still a nice, unique, (unusually) watermelony men's fragrance - and it's cheap.

alvarezramhn
alvarezramhn

Has great and wonderful opening, consistent with the watermelon others have obtained, it also has a nice floral hint to it. It takes about 1 hour to develop into a very similar, yet weaker, scent like Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor. Must be my skin, but it develops a metallic yet ozonic smell. Try at your own risk.
Overall 5/10

1skyblue
1skyblue

Soapy kind of says it all. I would not recommend this. Very synthetic and not why I buy or wear cologne. I should have trusted the negative reviews and not listened to the likes because this is synthetic average boring stuff indeed.

Gault
Gault

This is a common and very simple soapy/aquatic fragrance with a mild woody base, slightly metallic, its a big overstatement that this is like melon or fruits, all I feel that is remotely fruity is calone and an orange/clementine like citrus in the background.
I cant stand ozonic fragrances at all, but I can tolerate this.
Not the best quality but I don't have big expectations for 10 euros, its an ok buy for that price.

RobbieX

If you want an inexpensive summer and marine scent that has good quality - look no further.

Veedabestchef

If only this fragrance last a long time and have more notes in it I would rate it high score.but its synthetic and poor silage. But I wouldn't complain because it's cheap. I still love the scent. Good for summer and casual. Not recommended for signature. It last for 2.hours and then poor it's gone.

pmtavake
pmtavake

I only use this scent for the gym now. It's cheap, weak, but still smells nice. I wouldn't buy it again though. Not worth the purchase, even if you're looking to save money on a fragrance.

theperfumemaniac
theperfumemaniac

I got this for $10 at Marshall's. Big mistake. It is so synthetic! I really dislike this. It last for like 2 hours, and those 2 hours are headache inducing. It smells like a mix of aquatic and citrus.

I don't recommend this. It has poor longevity and projection, but it is very cheap. So try before you buy.

newbee3114
newbee3114

I thought i would not like this fragrance but WOW was I wrong. This is my signature fragrance for the everyday use. I Love this smell, at first the watermelon hits you and then its dry down to a Paris Hilton Men smell but way better. This is a must buy, i wore it today and i received 3 complements. Great Job on this one. I wish it came in a bottle bigger than a 2.5oz. Ladies love this fragrance not a panty dropper like you guys might describe some fragrances but something near close to one. Take my word for it you will get compliments.... Great buy top 5 in my book...
oh by the way its been 8hrs and still kicking....

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

Well, for $13 at Ross...What are you going to do? There are zero notes in a fragrance like this. Just one glob of synthetic nonsense.

I'd be just as content going fragrance free than wearing a fragrance slightly more expensive than Axe Body Spray. It smells like cologne. It's sharp, fresh, alcoholic...
A combo I despise.

I'ts always hit or miss with these cheapies. Most of them don't smell bad, but completely unremarkable, rather.

Save the $13 and get yourself a nice meal, or put it in your gas tank, cause that will last you longer than this does......

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

I received Signature as a gift and I find it enjoyable. I feel it would be better categorized as a Woody Aquatic or even an Aromatic Aquatic. From the initial spray, you can smell the melon and aquatic notes. The juniper and cypress joins the mix and adds a distinct freshness to the fragrance. It smells like watermelon with salt sprinkled on top. The oakmoss in the base keeps this fragrance on the masculine side. You will get compliments with this...I hear "you smell so fresh" and "you smell very good" a lot while wearing this fragrance. The only downside to this fragrance is it doesn't last too long (4 hours max) and it will not project after the first couple hours, but you can find it for under $20 at all the discounted stores. I recommend this for all ages looking for a fresh,crisp summer fragrance with fruity and aquatic notes.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

I love the scent, is very light and maybe the freshest scent i own of 20 bottles.. but it doesnt project too great and longevity is about 4-5hrs

I give it a 7/10 cuz for the price 14-25$ its a nice try. If it had better projection and longevity damn.. probly a 9

beautydiva
beautydiva

Ordered it today from Daily Specials at Strawberrynet with 70% discount at really good price.
One of the favorite fragrances of my husband.
I feel the notes of oakmoss and cypress most.
Fresh and sentual, perfect for all occasions:)

mdalankford
mdalankford

Bought this blind because it was a steal at $14 and have been a fan of Beckham since his Man Utd days. Signature is a light, low-key scent but very clean and fresh. An elegant summer juice. Longevity is about 3 to 4 hours and sillage is weak after the opening. At this price point, however, you can afford to use an extra squirt and re-apply later. Overall satisfied with my blind buy and will probably purchase again.

areyouin729
areyouin729

awesome summer scent, you can really smell the watermelon and salt shining through. This is the best $12.99 you can spend for a 2.5 oz bottle of cologne; it reminds me of a better version of Versace Pour Homme.

Nick M
Nick M

Wow, bought this blind because it was such a steal and am very pleased with it -- smells like nothing else in my collection. It's surprisingly distinctive so try to get a whiff before purchasing, although it's a great price so you can't get burned too badly.

UPDATE: This has grown on me since I purchased it, it gets more interesting each time I wear it (relative to other cheapies).

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Nice scent..very affordable but the smell is extremely light..zero projection.and gone within 1st hour... top notes smell fresh and clean like a weak versace pour homme...as it dries it has this body odor aroma..as if you walking into a sweaty stank gym with cologne in the air or someone in freshly laundered Gain detergent clothes mixed with sweat .

danakin81
danakin81

Reminds me of candies for men which was my signature scent for years. I really like this cologne.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Crisp watermelon and sea salts. The sea salts smell natural as does the watermelon. As it drys a bit becomes more aquatic, very refreshing opening that lasts 10 mins or longer. The opening is very strong and in your face.

Dry down: Becomes a light musk and has a touch base of orange. The orange fades fast though. And carries a bit of the sea salts thru its life.

Longevity: 3 to 5 hours

Projection: High with its strong opening. After it drys its fairly weak.

Overall: This is pretty much like of Creeds MI, the opening are pretty much alike and both well done, and the dry downs are similar but this carries the Orange in the musk. I honestly find this more appealing then Creeds MI,due to the fact this doesn't have a per-fumy older woman's musk vibe to its dry down like MI.

Purchase: Try, if you want a very cheap and good at that alternative to Creeds MI try this. And YES this does smell very much like it!

Jamieson2405
Jamieson2405

Terrible longevity and projection. Everything else is good though. 6.5/10

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

The opening gave me that vibe..and the opening is the ONLY good part of this fragrance..it's NOT quality..doesn't project and doesn't last long..dries down into what smells to me a fresh wood--soap smell..did a spray test with YSL NUIT and D&G THE ONE..since it kind of came off similarly..and it's five levels down below those in ALL areas

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

did they change the formula? I am not getting what many have said....its ok but rather harsh and faint....no watermellon or grren to me....

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

It's obvious a casual fragrance , good for summer, the Silage is moderate and the Longevity is Moderate as well .
It's not something new or unique from DVB, but it's fresh and clean perfume, reminds me with Lacoste Essential Sport.
Perfect for Work and Daily outings like shopping or something.

stahlvivek

In the new bottle I bought for the christmas, Am I still smelling the same fragrance which I smelt and reviewed it in july-2012? definitely not..the price has been discounted from 40 to 15$ and yes along with it, the quality too!!..What a wonderful unique fragrance it was then, the citrusy,aquatic and ozonic notes..above all the loud watermelon kept me craving for a bowl of fruit salads..where are all those notes now?..nowadays I only smell of some broken cactus smeared with vicks vaporub..thats it!!..

I was ready to buy this scent for 40$ if the notes remained intact and infact wanted to have it as a signature for my lifetime...But alas they decided to end its life to introduce more unintresting versions, i guess..Did anyone feel the difference..Reformulation in its worst!! or was i sold an ountdated pack?..do perfumes go rancid with passage of time, even if they are sealed and unopened?..

paul.trollson
paul.trollson

Got this as a gift a few years back and kind of forgot about it.
However as soon as it warns up I will wear this here and there. Only have just begun to appreciate it recently.
The initial blast is Watermelon and Oakmoss with the "Ocean Note" coming through. It sweetens up towards the base but that's about it really. Not that I'm complaining, it's just a simple scent.
What I like about this is the lack of a harsh, metallic citrus/ozone note that shoots through so many of these summer scents.
It's probably not the most well made scent but for a signature scent in warmer weather it works.
The thing that keeps me coming back is there is something else in there I can identify that gives it an extra boost above most light scents, it's a classy accord that reminds me of...night? Money to spend and an air of sophistication. It's very subtle but its there, but this could just be me.
Unfortunately the longevity is annoyingly poor and projection dies a lot after the first hours. The sprayer is also quite dodgy on mine too. If this was a touch more potent it would be one of those best sellers for sure.
Underrated scent that does the job. If you are sick of harsh, metallic aquatics then give this a shot.

texmich
texmich

Wow really great fragrance, its a pretty boy fragrance that i love! It has a floral, sea salt and fruit type smell. Its really has a classy sexy smell that will make you feel the same exact way. This is a nice change up to most colognes that have that loud sweet smell or blue aquatic. Its a great one to wear on a date or when u just lookn good, will definitely put your look over the top! Best of all only going to set you back 15 to 20 dollars to pick this bad boy up.

hollyms
hollyms

Smells reaaallllly good on a man.......

neri
neri

Perfume bem metálico, noturno, "lunar"... acredito que de uma foma sutil ele consegue criar uma aura de mistério em você. Sua fixação é terrível!Uma piada, ACREDITEM. A solução que eu encontrei foi borrifar na roupa. Ótimo preço, ótima ideia, péssima execução.

dani_i89
dani_i89

Love this fragrance, it aquatic, citrus with a bit of floral, and remains somewheat different from everything else. A shame the sprayer sucks and doesnt last too long or project very far. Good for all occasions, all seasons, any time of day...except for clubbing, which won't even get you noticed.

ammaking_0
ammaking_0

I bought this perfume after reading the comments here and I liked it very much .. its a good and cheap perfume for daily use .. I bought the 50 ml for 20 USD only.
Smell : 8/10
Longevity : 7/10
Silage : 6.5/10

stahlvivek

wow this is one perfume which takes me to a feeling of joie de vivre, instantly.Now i have been experimenting with perfume cocktails for a while..This one sprayed along with CK SUMMER ONE has a wonderful longevity and a rich fruity flavour for even upto 16 hrs!!But individually the two of them dont last much longer, maybe 4 hrs i guess.will have this as an office wear.its aroma is more apreciable and has a quite a strong presence in such closed spaces as in the bus or train..

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

Nice Notes

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

This is a good solid fragrance.

I wore it to work as an 'office scent', it stays on your skin and clothes for a good four hours minimum. It is a very unique scent, I couldn't compare it to any others on the market at present.

A little tip for this is to spray it at a distance, if you spray it onto clothes, as it can stain. Don't let this minor thing put you off, it's a very good scent for the price.

Overall David has done a good job in making a little gem.

Results:

Scent: 7.5/10
Sillage: 6/10

i'mtooobesessed

David and Victoria Beckham make really good perfumes!!

i'mtooobesessed

I'm a girl and i REALLY like this scent!!

DominicMC
DominicMC

Got this today man dam, must admit it smells pretty good for a Celeb frag, the watermelon mixes in with all the other notes and its really nice. last for about 4-6 hours to get it while its still cheap
($20 Chemist Warehouse/Melbourne)
8/10 for me!

waqasad1

I like the smell, but I don't know why or how it makes me vomit (maybe I am allergic to it), Wear it rarely for this reason. Still working on how it failed to come up to my expectations. One hit of spray is enough for projection.

I am quite familiar with this fragrance. My best male friend and my boyfriend both wear Signature for Him, particularly when it's hot out or when they're planning to go to the gym.

They both love slightly sweet scents, so it makes perfect sense that they both wear Signature for Him. While this fragrance is nowhere near being sugary sweet, it has a lovely fresh and crisp watermelon accord, which can smell naturally sweet at times.

Signature for Him is best suited to the warmer weather, even though cypress, juniper and amber feature strongly in the base, creating a somewhat cozy aroma.

It's a simple composition with an aquatic touch, yet strangely enough the oakmoss and patchouli come through quite strong on my boyfriend's skin. It can be a tad spicy at times too. I think this fragrance as a whole could appeal to almost anyone. It's universally pleasing.

I'm not necessarily drawn to this fragrance as a female. I like it, but I don't love it. Summer scents in general don't really have the ability to get my blood running. I appreciate the fact that my boyfriend wears this in order to smell fresh when working up a sweat, but I'm also glad that he has other options to wear when he takes me out somewhere nice.

LaRoueDaLaFortune
LaRoueDaLaFortune

I love this scent. Very clean and intriguing. I wasn't a big fan of it at first. I need to by some more :(

waqasad1

I still don't understand this smell other than a any other sweet, common scent available in the market for 15-20$. I expected more of it after reading so many positive comments on this page. But i think there is something left to discover yet....

ticalica
ticalica

This smells utterly HOT and MESMERIZING

Sweet but not girly sweet

Captivating but not in a sharp way

Rich, lush, somewhat rare, and surprisingly delicious (or rather, make the wearer delicious)

Anup
Anup

I feel so bad that i wrote off David Beckham signature as "another Georgio beverly hills" kind of company.
This fragrance has some merit, and smells as quality as anything you'll find in a standard fragrance boutique! Why this pollutes grey market stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls is beyond me.
This should be one of those groaned about "best sellers" for men. It's slightly soapy, a little sweet, and partly woody, and the bottle and juice have PERFECT design (love purple juice).

The top:

To me, there is no "sea water" note in this, however i DO get a BLAST of that harsh sea-salt, which always reminds me of either, swallowing a huge gulp of ocean water, or, smelling the salty mist in the air when going to the beach!
Tart mandarin orange, and a sweet after-smell of watermelon help to round out the saltiness.

The middle:

Juniper adds a very "ancient" fruit vibe to the fragrance, depth-y and dark.
These rude berries are not for the faint of heart, and don't have that traditional "whimsical glucose-y" smell to them!
To my nose, there is NO cypress in the middle.
However there is a VERY distinct tea note...You smell it now too, right?

The base:

Oakmoss is present to give us that earthy/soily moistness, and in this sweet guy it seems necessary. My nose gets sandalwood, which is odd because it's actually VERY pervasive!!! I don't know how they missed it?! I don't get patchouli, but i do get a very distinct "brightness" in the oakmoss.

I approve (you can find this for 15 bucks, COMON people!)

Smell: 8
Longevity: 6
Sillage: 6

scentmania
scentmania

Very elegant and fresh summer scent. A great alternative for Acqua di Gio and other aromatic/aquatic summer fragrances. It`s the mix of classic and modern. Maybe the classification as "Oriental Woody" isn`t so exactly according to smell of fragrance.

Air of Mystery
Air of Mystery

Hi. This is a very classical bottle. A throwback to the land of Greek and Roman mythology, eternity, et immortality. Can imagine Mount Olympia just by the look of the bottle. As a Beckham doppelganger and fanatic I must say this is bespoke, cherished and universally loved, and my close female friend and confidante (you are reading a group email) is thrilled with the advertised take-out "frontfacade" of the chemical package, which lives and breathes - EXUDES - the je ne sais quoi appeal, which makes D.B. such an elusive perfume launch. Clay brickblock-surrounded gardenpark under the Nepalese rain. Astonishing.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Love, love, love this cologne! Bought in on a whim for my husband and it drives me crazy. LOL I can't stop touching and smelling him. Very fresh, very sexy!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It's funny they called it Signature because it represents David Beckham perfectly in that it does well what it was designed to do, smell good (not to my nose but youngetbthe point). By that I mean it smells like a perfume but has a self created level of sophistication; not real character or persona, no other meaning than to smell.

The smell itself; a resin sweetness that didnt last either time that I tried it.

Signature story is much better

krayonkid
krayonkid

I've wanted this perfume purely because of all it's good reviews it has gotten. Mom bought it today for my birthday in Dec. i like it. although a bit too metrosexually borderlining on feminine, it's a excellent mix. it has feminine qualities, but wearing it, you feel quite confident and brave.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Fresh, clean, n elegant, but not sexy. It just a lil bit like Hugo Energize, maybe bcause the juniper, but i don't care, Signature has it's own character, n i like it. I buy it with a blind purchase just coz it's Beckham, n i'm not disapointed, this is truly Beckham :)

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

It's surprising that most people find this weak and light. It lasts about 10 hours on me and projects quite nicely even after 8 hours. Of course it isn't some 80's power-frag, but both longevity and sillage should be completely acceptable.

periquito89
periquito89

Unpleasant certainly it is not. Clean, fresh and sweet, for me a less bright and more formal alternative to Blue Seduction, another clean, fresh and sweet scent. Agree with RobbieX that is nothing too special, and about the other things everyone here seems to be right.

RobbieX

I don't usually buy celebrity branded products but I smelled this one in a cheap store - it's actually pretty nice, clean and fresh, but I thought it wasn't anything too special (at first). However, this has an amazing fresh ozonic silage (one of the freshest out there). The longevity and projection are good. I would class this one as a woody aromatic or even a woody aquatic and I will replace this when I run out. Signature is a good scent and it grows on you. The best Beckham I've tried so far.

Detrucci
Detrucci

I really like this smell. Its very calming and quiet. I used this at work and when i went over to this one girl she kept trying to get me to come over all through the day so i know it works!
The smell is beautiful in a way that doesnt offend. There is a flowery sense from it but it is still very masculine.

Definitely give it a try. I bought it with a gift set with shower gel..and that stuff when combined with the perfume fragrance is amazing

Fragaria
Fragaria

I tried this before leaving the store.I played it smart, no regretable impulse buy for ME, no sir..eeee. Stoopid, stewpid, stupid me. I should have bought it. I like it! Talk about a clean smelling man you wanna kiss up one side and down the other! It's not the mose expensive smelling, it's not the most masculine scent by any means. What it is...is exactly as I said, a scent you want in your face while kissing a man up one side and down the other!

murysusanto
murysusanto

Very pleasant fragrance to wear at work and going out for dinner or movie.
It is subtle, easy and quite a compliments from my collegues

Veedabestchef

this fragrance is really soft and soothing and yet relaxing..its very romantic..it is good for special dates and night out scent..the notes is this fragrace are marvelous..but the scent fades out too quickly for me..it last for about 4 to 5 hours.i wish longevity last longer..but i love this fragrance, though it wont be my signature scent

anyone know this similar scent to this one let know....cause this is this a wonderful scent

Damani Code
Damani Code

The most unique dvb scent i've smelt. Very clean scent and cannot beat the price.

guest_veilside
guest_veilside

i really love the scent of this. ive been a follower of backham fragrance for along time .. since instinct was introduced to the market. it is very light but it smells so good . definitely good if you want to feel good about your self. its not gonna stand out but once someone gets close enough to you . they will find it hard to not get closer :)

ZeeK
ZeeK

Very soft and soothing fragrance which i used to wear for the relaxation of my senses specialy after fresh bath on holidays when i like staying home. Take it if u want to admire yourself not the crowd.

EJS
EJS

Sometimes an understatement makes a statement. Signature is a very light, low-key scent but to me that's why it's charming. It's great for a day when you want to fly under the radar (We've all had those days. lol)but still want to carry a scent.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I could not believe how much I loved this scent! It is the total opposite of what the scent appears to be, this metrosexual purple cologne was my first impression only to find that there is real man in there!

I get a lot of oakmoss and a touch of juniper with cypress and citrus jumping out at first. I think it is a great cologne for men, it's not overpowering but clearly will make women notice you! It is definitely not a in your face cologne which is great, this could work for office wear, and an extra spray would get you into after work activities. For a night time clubbing cologne I would look elsewhere, for something more deep and noticable because this would be drowned out by other heavier colognes, and you definitely want a lady to smell you, not the guy next to you!

kevin_kim
kevin_kim

It is very light but has a twist to it. It smells amazing.
I was going to buy this but all the stores i went to were out of stock so ended up buying intimately. =(

knightz
knightz

I tried this in the store today. Nice bottle, and the lavender-colored juice is different. It's a nice light fragrance, as others have said, and to me very pleasant. However, it's just too light for me. Very weak. It was already fading away while I was still looking around at other scents. I didn't buy this one, but I did buy Instinct, Intense Instinct, and Intimately, all by Beckham. I already had Intimately Night, so the new ones complete my Beckham collection. I will pass on Signature for Him, although I may still test Beckham's Instinct After Dark one day because the notes in it look very good.

guest_Jordan
guest_Jordan

I just got this scent and love it. It is a light scent which is a nice change. You don't have to wait for it to mellow it and its perfect cause the only time people should smell you is when they are close to you.