Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The Essence David & Victoria Beckham for men
dislike

ozonic
The Essence David & Victoria Beckham for men Pictures

David Beckham The Essence David Beckham's new fragrance is announced as multi-faceted perfume that emphasizes the soul of an amazing man. The fragrance is presented in 2012, and it arrives on the market in August of the same year.

Speaking about the fragrance, Beckham said: “Every man has something that makes him happy and for me, it is the smell of The Essence that conveys a sense of adventure and those special moments spent with the loved ones.” He wishes to offer a fresh, energetic fragrance full of wild, natural notes, based on a composition that intertwines with citruses, fresh fruity notes, herbs, and elegant, deep woody chords.

The top notes of the new fragrance – The Essence – bled sparkling grapefruit, lavender and fresh violet leaves. The heart bestows aromatic blessing of the cardamom oil along with juicy notes of pineapple and apple, leading to the woody chords of patchouli and cashmere wood, nicely warmed by tonka .

David's passion for motorbikes is reflected in the design of the bottle. A modern and unconventional embossed glass falcon evokes a trail of a tire that ran over her body, while the engraved stopper gives a specific feel to the overall appearance.

The bottle carries light blue fragrant liquid – The Essence, which is available as 30 and 50ml ETD. The Essence range also includes 50ml After Shave, 200ml Hair & Body Wash and 150ml Deo Body Spray.

Grapefruit Lavender Violet Leaf

Pineapple Cardamom Apple

Patchouli Tonka Bean Kashmir wood

Guess Seductive Homme Blue
Super Playboy For Him

The Essence Fragrance Reviews

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

I am a big fan of AZZARO,and this reminds me of a weaker version of Azzaro Visit.
For the money,you get what you pay for with Beckham fragrances.
The male fragrances are a step up from Lynx/Axe,but nothing more.
God knows what Victoria (if she has anything to do with the formulations),is doing.They smell like panty-liners!

RobbieX

Took this to Kos, Greece on holiday. Now, back in good old Lancashire, it reminds me of having drinks by the pool bar and looking at the beautiful view of the Aegean Sea. A lovely summery, fruity, and violet fragrance with zing! Nice bottle too.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

This fragrance ain't half bad.

Starts off with a pungent grapefruit (think grapefuit juice running down where you applied it) before settling down to reveal a cardamom facet. I tested it blind so didn't know any of the notes but thought there was something fruity. Now looking at the notes, I recognise the pineapple followed closely by apple. The drydown is quite generic and lacking in charm. That said, The Essence's strength certainly lies in the top notes.

Where I'm from this can be had for $10 for the 30ml bottle, so if you like it and want to smell like those refreshing and juicy citrusy/grapefruity topnotes, spritz regularly and enjoy.

bunty62
bunty62

citric fruity fragrance.....

Just like all other fragrances fragrance of this house it is good but problem of lasting and silage again says "hello we are here".......

From this house homme is the master piece...

I cant notice all the notes described here....but it is more fruitier version and less citric .... No doubt it is clean scent..
Perfect for all time wearing. But I found some sporty feel in this bottle....

No compliment at all.....
Not very special scent.....
No need to discuss technical aspects here..

But it deserves one time buy at this price range........

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

nice scent..very clean ..i hate patchouli and its very evident in the opening but as it dries its very enjoyable..i offered my wrist to my sister and she said it smelled really good but i noticed its really close to skin...

RobbieX

Definitely one of the nicer citruses. The violet gives a lovely clean edge to the smell. The Essence is great value. An excellent and refreshing clean citrus.

NiceNiffs
NiceNiffs

I think Spartan hit the nail on the head. This is another surprisingly good fragrance from the DVB line. It is a fairly weak juice so yes you do have to reapply to enjoy that fruity-aquatic-ozonic top end but even if you don't reapply you are still treated to a very pleasant warm, aromatic-woody skin scent later on. It is almost as if the scent was designed for week days..........fresh and fruity for the daytime calming down to a relaxed and polite evening 'balm'.

I just keep coming back to the DVB line of EDT's and trying another.......and another..... ☺

spartan
spartan

I bought this one half off during the after christmas sales. Very good quality for an inexpensive fragrance! A must buy for someone looking to save money but still obtain a quality scent. Smells Great, sort of a mix between Chrome and Allure Sport, very hard to pin this one down, sort of a mix of all the best fresh scent on the market today. I really like this. the only draw back is that you need to reapply every 3 to 4 hours, but its cheap so who cares.

Longevity 4/10
Scent Quality 8/10
Value 10/10

robertodoi
robertodoi

Strange how different are the noses that have been smelled this juice. RobbieX felt something like Azzaro Chorme or Lacoste Essential Sport, but for me after 15 minutes it reminds me of Lacoste Blanc (L12.12 White) and goes like this till the end. Good sillage and longevity.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

This is the 2nd David Beckham fragrance I've sampled (and bought)! Citrusy and woody. Its safe everyday wear fragrance. Bonus part it's easy on the wallet too. Bought 30mL bottle plus body wash for $14.

8.5/10

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

I bought a bottle of this about a year ago at a chemist - was just looking for a cheap fragrance i could wear during the day, without having to worry about 'saving' it for a special occasion.. think i paid about 20 bucks for a 50ml and I was not disappointed. Obviously it's no yves saint laurent, but it does not have that 'cheap' smell that you'd expect. Fresh and citrusy, quite unoffensive and fairly linear - longevity and sillage is quite poor, but eh you get what you pay for. Most scents last quite poorly on my skin anyway!

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Initial lemon/citrus spray is way too harsh, but after it settles, its a really nice fresh fragrance.

For $12, it's great.

RATING: 7/10

My second Beckham outing and as I suspected from the note breakdown...no new experience to be had here.
Clean fresh zing of citrus which I actually found too harsh but that might just be my nose at the moment as I find many openings don't appeal.
When it settles a little it's a nice fresh scent with good value for money.
Worth a go but it's not going to enchant anyone.

mmironov
mmironov

Good composition with unfortunately very weak longevity on my skin (~ 4 hours).

It is very pleasant and fresh and the moderately sweet pineapple vibe adds body to the scent.

Perfect for young people and it's worth the price.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Sampled this today and I immediately thought "oh my God! this smells exactly like my beloved Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale." I think there must be some strong similarities in the opening, however, in the dry down the DB juice is more linear and lacks the projection and longevity of AE. Not a bad fragrance all in all and can be had for a fraction of the cost of AE. Good job, Mr Beckham. Nothing new here but a great alternative to some high priced juice.

ularewolf
ularewolf

I bought this when it arrived at my job, and I liked the test strip a lot more to be honest.

This is an extremely inoffensive fragrance, but it's simply generic and linear. It has a strong grapefruit note with a bit of the clean scent of lavender, to my nose. But the problem is it's exactly the same scent from when you spray it and until it's gone off your skin.

If you're fond of grapefruit and want a cheap, fresh fragrance, I'd say give it a sniff. But this just didn't work for me. I brought it back as soon as I went to work again. This is a disappointment to me coming from the DB line.

kigyo
kigyo

Synthetic, smells like many other cheapos. On me it doesn't last at all. Out of this and Brut Revolution (I bought them at the same time)the Brut takes the game.

RobbieX

Had a squirt of this one in Boots. Has a really lovely refreshing opening of citrus and violet. The dry-down stays citrussy mellow and fresh. Longevity is quite good too. Reminds me of Chrome or maybe Essential Sport. The David Beckham brand rolls out some really good quality scents by some established perfumers, unlike most other celebrities. Anyway, this is a very nice Beckham scent in a lovely bottle.

murysusanto

A little bit like lacoste essential sport, that freshness, woody, citrusy smell. Perfect for the weather, nice and clean smell. If you fonds of beckham products then this one is a must have.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Sprays on nice and citrusy mixed with a very woody trail which is very refreshing. There is a fruity note mixed with a watery sea spray kind of smell. On the dry down on my skin it resembles DSquared Ocean Wet Woods. When I saw the tester bottle in the store I was a little reluctant to try it as it has been compared to YSL Libre which I cannot stand as it smells sour on my skin. Thankfully The Essence smells nothing like it. The bottle is very nice looking and the blue watery juice inside suits the fragrance perfectly. I bought the 50ml EDT for £14.99 so it was a good deal and I will use this for the Office and after the gym.
Good longevity and sillage. 8/10

murysusanto

Oh gosh, this bottle looks tempting. I want it soon!

The Essence by David & Victoria Beckham 4.05 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about David & Victoria Beckham The Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about David & Victoria Beckham The Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Essence by David & Victoria Beckham. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Essence by David & Victoria Beckham represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.