Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Delicate Essence David Yurman for women

Delicate Essence David Yurman for women
dislike

Delicate Essence David Yurman for women Pictures Delicate Essence David Yurman for women Pictures

The Essence Collection presents a perfume trio that reflects the essences of gem stone colors. These are the new perfumes: Exotic Essence, Fresh Essence and Delicate Essence. The trio awakens the emotions of three different colored gemstones - pink tourmaline, peridot (lime green) and citrine (golden yellow). All three compositions were developed by perfumer Harry Fremont of Firmenich, who also signed the first edition of the house.

Delicate Essence is a modern floral fragrance inspired by the pink tourmaline gem. The composition opens with pink pepper, lotus flower and orange blossom, followed by pink peony, wild rose and rose absolute on a base of transparent amber, skin musk and blonde woods.

The Essence Collection is launching in February 2011. The fragrances will be available as EDT in bottles of 100 ml as limited and exclusive editions.

African Orange flower Lotus Pink Pepper

Rose Peony

Musk Amber Woodsy Notes

Bright Crystal

Delicate Essence Fragrance Reviews

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

Just tried this this morning. It IS very similar to Bright Crystal but I think more so to Tommy Girl. Its very sweet/rose and I also smell lily and lotus. There is a bit of pepper, Im not sure I like the pepper-rose combination...its pleasant but a bit too sweet for my tase. Stella McCartney for a rose more suited to what Im looking for. Im not a huge fan of Tommy Girl. I was hoping for more of a true rose scent or maybe a hazy rose. I still think its a nice scent but I will try Stella instead.

cmlee22
cmlee22

I'm trying a sample and it's a very light, flowery/rose scent and I like it. It is truly delicate.. I've smelled something like it before but it's very soft and calming. Lovely fragrance.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

A rose version of Bright Crystal. Top notes are different though, and there is a lot of rose (Mai Rose I think), but once the rose tapers down, you have Bright Crystal.

stayclassy
stayclassy

I find this one frustrating, not necessarily in a bad way though. I know that sounds odd but I typically avoid straight florals like the plague because they all remind me of that 'old lady perfume' (sorry but its true).

I'm sure some will disagree with me but this one sits right on the edge of old lady perfume but something in it keeps it just barely in the youthful range.

Theres also something really familiar about it but I just cant place it, I know another reviewer mentioned the rose wasn't overly standout so maybe thats it? It does do a good job of not letting one note overwhelm the others, which is normally the rose and here the rose is another note instead of the overwhelming main feature.

I think overall its a good choice for younger women like maybe meet the parents kind of thing, classy but not older than you are. But its also a nice general spring/summer fragrance. I completely agree with a lot of other reviewers, its very light.

UPDATE: oh my god its Versace Bright Crystals. THAT'S why its so familiar, the peony, lotus, exact same base notes. This has some orange blossom flower, where Bright Crystals has the yuzu and pomegranate. So they're not exactly the same but for some reason Imust be ppicking up a lot of those flowers, because they smell very similar. Again, not exact, but very similar.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

It's a light, watery rose that is very similar to Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, but Blvgari's has better silage. Longevity is pretty decent...a few hours at best. I find all of David Yurman's Essence fragrances to be very light. The would be good for a spring day, but if I had to choose I would go with Rosé Essentielle.

lisahoward01
lisahoward01

It does absolutely nothing for me....after I spray it, I still don't really smell it....unless I drown myself in it and I've NEVER gotten a compliment from it. The bottle is still halfway full. I moved to another perfume.

lushnight
lushnight

I got this as a free sample when I bought a big pile of other samples, so I was kind of already equating the price with how nice it was going to be. I am pleased to be wrong. This is not the most complex or interesting perfume I've ever smelled, but it is really very pleasant. It is soft, clean and yes, delicate. I get rose and what smells to me like lily of the valley, maybe a combination of the lotus and the peony? It didn't change much on my skin, the musk just got slightly more prevalent. This is a simple scent, but that is what I like about it. You can't wear heels every day. (At least I can't!)

Edit: When my 5 year old smelled this, she said "It smells like a flower fairy!". She's right, and I mean that in a flattering way :)

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

Purchased recently
I don't know what peony smells like.
This smells like rose to me.
It opens similar to the Clinique fragrances such as Happy etc
It comes close to Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater in the middle
And at the bottom is a rose note, or at least what I call a rose!
If you have to associate it with a season, it would be Spring, I see Easter, billowy dresses, garden parties and so on
It is a very pretty fragrance
Since I just bought it, I wear now in winter and enjoy. Why wait till Spring?

lunamystic
lunamystic

When I was a little girl, my Mother used a bar soap called CASHMERE BOUQUET. I do not know in reality if Delicate Essence smells the same as the soap. But I sprayed this fragrance on my wrist, took a sniff and got instantly transported to a sunny August morning, standing in my mothers steamy pink bathroom, surrounded in the scent of her bath soap. It seems my subconscious is telling me that they smell alike.

David Yurman's Delicate Essence is actually quite pretty, a fragrance I don't mind wearing every now and then. I find it best suited to Spring and Summer wear due to it being so light and fresh.

Delicate Essence doesn't smell too rosy to my nose. I can detect peony and lotus as this fragrance's most dominant notes. The scent overall is rather clean, like a bar of floral scented soap. I enjoy this fragrance the most when I apply it straight after a shower.

It's extremely pleasant and easy to wear. Even those that dislike wearing perfume may enjoy Delicate Essence in small doses. As someone that isn't a huge fan of peony, this subdued representation is rather nice.

The drydown is clean yet also quite musky. This in turn softens Delicate Essence to a point that it resembles nothing more than a skin-scent. With that being said, I really don't mind this fragrance's softness.

Delicate Essence has light sillage and average longevity. This fragrance and others in the Essence series can be found rather cheap online. Not bad for such an inexpensive price.

bren400
bren400

I sampled this a few months ago and I think it smells good, but it is strikingly similar to Escape by Calvin Klein. If you like Escape by CK, then you'll like this. Not sure which is more expensive. I'd rather go with the original, Calvin Klein.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is a lighter version of the original David Yurman - almost as if they have watered it down and reduced its potency to a more tolerable level. Gone are the screeching high notes that I objected to when I first smelled the original David Yurman fragrance. They have resolved that in this fragrance by omitting any fragrance notes that would appear "too Loud"-- and have softened this to a level where you could easily wear this to the office or to a more tightly packed space, such as a meeting, movie theater, concert hall, classroom, etc...

This reminds me of Estee Lauder's Pleasures, which seems to be a slightly watered down version of Beautiful with some other florals picking up the high notes.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Meh. A soft floral but not so much rose. Nothing unique or complex and a disappointment at this price point.

haannah515
haannah515

Mmm. It smells like lychee fruit , orchid and rose to me!!! one of my favorites.

I've reached the bottom of my generous-sized sample vial of David Yurman DELICATE ESSENCE, so it is time at last to issue a verdict. In fact, to my nose this perfume is a very common peony fragrance which I feel that I've sniffed many times before with only slight variations in the accompanying notes. The pink pepper in this composition is very light, as is the lotus, so really the peony is the star of the show, with a few small rose buds humming softly in the background.

I am not an aficionado of peony perfumes, many of which actually make me sick. So the good news is that DELICATE ESSENCE is wearable by me, while many peony perfumes are not. The bad news is that it's just not very interesting. DELICATE ESSENCE reminds me of the Jil Sanders Style Pastel BLUSH PINK perfume, which also conveys a sort of vague florality, although I prefer the Jil Sanders--probably because the flowers used are more appealing to me.

If you tend to like inoffensive, somewhat generic floral perfumes, this one should suit you just fine. As for me, I'll have to pass.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I smelled it on a friend. But I found it to be too floral for my taste. Sillage was good though. Will like to try the other versions.

Mercurial_Harpy
Mercurial_Harpy

I got a sampler of The Essence Collection and I have to disagree with the two reviews above. I thought I would prefer the Fresh, but actually the Delicate is my favorite. It reminds me of a more sophisticated Amazing Grace. On me, it's slightly sweet to begin but dries down to a clean and comforting depth with the pink pepper and amber. But the staying power is amazing, which I think accounts for the cost.

I recommend getting the three-pack sampler, available very reasonably on auction websites.

This fragrance is nice, but I feel that it's been done many times before. It's a slightly sweet, almost fruity, floral. It reminds me a little bit of Chloe, but not as musky and with a just a touch of aquatic notes to it. But it's definitely not an aquatic. I really like it, but at the same time it is not unique enough for me to purchase. I like David Yurman's original fragrance better.

Delicate Essence by David Yurman 4.13 out of 5 based on 35 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about David Yurman Delicate Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about David Yurman Delicate Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Delicate Essence by David Yurman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Delicate Essence by David Yurman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.