Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Adventure Amazonia Davidoff for men

Adventure Amazonia Davidoff for men
dislike

Adventures in the house of Davidoff are continued with exploring the unknown, by a new fragrance Davidoff Adventure Amazonia, limited edition inspired by places of the world which take your breath away. The new edition announced for February 2009 will celebrate an anniversary of the first perfume, Adventure.

Davidoff Adventure Amazonia is a fresher and more energetic variation of rain forest aromas, characteristic of the first edition of Adventure.

Top notes incorporate crushed leaves of Mate, subtropical plant which grows in South America (Argentina, East Paraguay, West Uruguay and South Brazil). A heart also includes crushed palm leaves with spices which embody the Amazonia atmosphere. Base notes encompass cedar from Peru, which leaves a robust and sensual trail.

Adventure Amazonia arrives in a bottle of the same design, with cold, frozen glass which represents freshness of its contents. Outer carton is coloured in warm, brown nuances of earth and burnt wood, with a map of Amazonia.

The new fragrance is available as 100 ml edt, limited edition.

Holly Mint Lemon

Spices Palm Leaf

Cedar

Adventure

Adventure Amazonia Fragrance Reviews

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

I have to admit I am one of the few that loved the original and got good longevity out of it. It is subtle after the first hour, but then actually seemed to get a bit louder on me around the 4-5 hour mark and lasted a good 10+ hours on my skin. I do get good longevity with most scents - whether that is a result of my skin or a sensitive nose, I am not sure - but I think that most people just don't take notice of the original Adventure after the first hour or two because it is subtle, not because it has disappeared. There is a lot of cedar in the base and perhaps sandalwood and almost has a leathery feel to it, along with a slightly fruity musk. Prior to that I get a heart of allspice and sesame seed (smells like a deeper heavier cinnamon with a bit of a bready/sesame/woody note). The opening is a mix of bitter greens, citrus, and a fairly large dose of pepper. Throughout the development it is warm, sweet and spicy.

Why have I talked so much about the original Adventure when this is about Adventure Amazonia? Because there are many similarities between the two. This is not a flanker in name only. In fact, a cursory sniff at various parts of the development might lead you to think they are the same scent, but there are a few distinct differences.

I don't know if there are any new notes in Amazonia, it doesn't smell like it. It merely smells like the proportions of the notes in the original have been adjusted. It starts out with the green notes of the original turned way up, the citrus seems more lemony although it isn't a distinct lemon note because it is behind the green notes. I think the pepper has been removed entirely or reduced to a point where it isn't noticeable as a standalone note, and where the opening of the original was warm, this one feels "cool." This is perhaps the largest difference between the two, the cool vs. warm sensation, and it remains a difference throughout.

The woody/sesame note appears quite quickly in the original but here it is toned down, and combined with the greens it comes across more as bamboo.

The opening does have some similarities to Mugler Cologne (as mentioned in a review in the directory), but it is definitely heavier and denser, spicier and "cooler." It also has a tangible "moist" sensation that is definitely turned up compared to the original.

30-45 minutes later and the scent more closely resembles the original. It never gets as spicy.. the allspice note is toned down as is the cedar, but it is recognizably Adventure. This persists through to the end - the base is a bit fruitier and lighter and far cooler, with the cedar noticeably reduced compared to the original. Longevity is about the same but it becomes even more subtle than the original in the later phases becase of the reduction of the heavier notes.

So, as a fan of the original, what is my verdict on this flanker? Well, I do really like it - I think any fan of the original would enjoy this as they share the same DNA. This version is definitely better suited for spring or summer thanks to its overall 'cool' sensation and the reduction of the heavier spice and wood notes, along with the emphasis on the green notes. In some sense it has more development than the original, but it is also more subtle.

The original is far better suited to fall and winter wear, especially fall, IMO, as it is woody, cinnamony, and warm. One of my fall favorites alongside L'Anarchiste. Amazonia would make a good summer scent, but I'm not sure that it outshines other spring and summer scents - at least in regards to what I tend to feel like wearing when the weather is warm - and so I don't know if I'll personally be picking up a bottle. However, I recommend other fans of Adventure check it out. Fans of Mugler cologne looking for something a bit deeper and spicier, or anyone looking for a green oriented summery scent with some depth should check it out. It's definitely got more depth and density than most aquatics, and it has considerable development. It does a better job than the original in evoking the scent of a rainforest.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

AA opens up with similar background notes to the original Adventure, including mate leaves & whatever is included in the uninformative ‘spices’ label. The top notes are also different than Adventure in that they are also fruitier. It’s a nice enough mixture. This is closer to the original Adventure than Eau Fraiche.

AA is like the others in this particular line in that it has absolutely no longevity whatsoever – a couple of hours max. The slightest breeze will blow this right off of you.

Personally I prefer the original Adventure in this line, however this is a close second, going by scent alone. I probably wouldn’t buy this again, unless it sold for very little because of its poor longevity.

jenhan
jenhan

love this , it is quite strong, for me i smell citrus notes that is combined with spice, the longevity is really good and projection, is WOW, stay all day in the hot summer weather, and most of my friend love it :)

TravelAge
TravelAge

I must advise:
This scent better be worn only when SUN is shining in summer days.... It just irritates in the evening!!

sameh
sameh

Really good fragrance for summer , nice , clean & fresh which in my humble opinion any summer freg MUST HAVE !
P.S i think Davidoff should consider an INTENSE VERSION IN THE FUTURE , NEAR I WISH !

I just got my bottle today to complete my whole Adventure set. Right off the bat, it is the original Adventure mixing in something a little dry and spicy. I love them all; original, Eau Fraiche, and this Amazonia. Each one has is own uniqueness. I still prefer Eau Fraiche version the best because it's freshest, greenest, and coolest of all; however, it has the least staying power.

mado17
mado17

Sampled it in duty free, it is nice frag with different scent. Staying power is moderate.

guest_Felfel
guest_Felfel

Nice Advise!Anyway I think I am goning to stay at home and do not go shopping, as my Dr. strongly suggested.

peyman007
peyman007

It's a new power for me to knowing that I love Aromatic Wood fragrance !!...

urobian
urobian

Some lovely creamy/fruity undertones, the base is near to the original but the medium angle is better and more comfortable at end.. some element in this new version is close to D&G " the one" but in other way...with a humid and fruity wall in diference..

easy to wear and enjoy..

jasonx
jasonx

Open really promising but the it turns sour and end up smelling like the smell of public men restrooms. Bad!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I tested this again and I am definately going to buy this. It is quite citrus spicy on me and lasts for hours.

vertigo
vertigo

To me, it differs from the original only in the beginning - it's more citrus, fresh, sheer.
The middle and the drydown are very similar to the original Davidoff Adventure.

this is exactly what I expected from the other adventure claiming fragrances( like cafe cafe adventure).
the top notes are unique!very green,fresh,wild and humid like a jungle in the heart of africa.
although I don't remember how the original adventure smelled,I like this one very much.(I haven't compared both with each other,but guess I prefer this one)
the spicy notes make it sexy and exotic and the base note is very simple,but masculine and attracting.
the bottle looks a bit old fashioned,but the cologne inside is casual and modern,although with some blend with classics.
wehn I smelled it today I didn't know it's a brand new one.I just saw the tester and I sprayed it.I think I will be a best selling one.

Adventure Amazonia by Davidoff 3.93 out of 5 based on 47 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Adventure Amazonia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Adventure Amazonia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Adventure Amazonia by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Adventure Amazonia by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.