Designers » D E » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Cool Water Davidoff for men

marine
Cool Water Davidoff for men Videos
Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for men Pictures

Cool Water is fresh and sharp, simple and very masculine. Top notes include mint and green nuances, lavender, coriander and rosemary. The heart notes include geranium, neroli, jasmine and sandalwood. The base is composed of cedarwood, musk, amber and tobacco. It was created by Pierre Bourdon in 1988.

Sea water Mint Green Notes Lavender Coriander Rosemary Calone

Quasar

Cool Water Fragrance Reviews

DragonsPrayer
DragonsPrayer

It kind of reminds me of a cross between Aspen and Gravity. good mix, everytime my bf wears it, I feel like we're laying at the beach, having mixed drinks on a warm summer night, I can almost feel the sand and the hot summer moonlight beaming down on me, crazy. very 90's but I love it.

If you like this chances are you'll like.

Gap - Core
Gravity
Aspen
& Adidas Active.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I should have looked at a list of the notes before I got a sample, and spared myself the trouble, because I loathe calone.

On what planet does calone smell like water? I love the water. Fresh water, salt water, lakes, rivers, oceans, even chlorinated pools; I swim, I paddle, I muck around in the shallows-calone doesn't smell like water. What it smells like, or more acurately the impression it gives, is that something is leaking. It hamstings another vulnerable note in the fragrance and makes it lose its integrity and become something puling and metallic, and that's what passes for "water." In Cool Water the victim is lilac. In L'Eau d'Issey, another perfume I detest, it's lily.

It's too bad, because for the first few minutes Cool Water has a very interesting smell like carrots spiced and baked with a little brown sugar. Really unusual. And then this. Ugh.

Santiago
Santiago

when i bought this, it remembered me of the sea. it's fresh and acquatic.. projection is good, i easily recognize it on people around me, and i guess it's pretty popular. stopped using it because it evokes the 90s to me, but surely it's still a modern scent.

101eastbound
101eastbound

There's a reason for Cool Waters popularity. Love at first smell for me. The most refreshing and comfortable smell ever made. Like taking a bath in a cooling, refreshing blue pool of water. Almost to fresh and uplifting when you're in a more relaxing cozy mood. Masterpiece! Imagine smelling this when it came out..

Thecameltotem
Thecameltotem

On paper this is probably the top 3 best scent I've smelled, AMAZING. Beats GIT all days in the week!

However on my skin it's not even remotely the same, so sad!

Pat Bateman
Pat Bateman

One of my all time favorites, was one of my first colognes in middle school, lol, and I have kept a bottle in my collection ever since. It is classic but I still love it and wear it from time to time. When I finally got into the creeds Green Irish Tweed reminded me of it but a better version, but also like 10x the price lol. I still love it and will always have a bottle in my collection and will always wear it from time to time. It is so popular and has sold so many bottles over the years, yet I still get compliments on it, more from the younger girls I run into because they have never smelled it unless their dad had it, lol. A great scent and will always smell great. You can never go wrong with it. It is surprisingly not often worn by men in clubs etc, despite how popular it is and how often it has been sold you can still wear it out and not run into someone else wearing it, unlike other very sold colognes like Aqua De Gio, etc. Love this scent and always will have a bottle. I currently have a bottle about 1/3 full, a back up for when it runs out, and also it's aftershave, lol. I buy it when I see it cheaper than usual just because I know I will always wear it from time to time. So I pick it up when I get a chance to get it for a deal because I know it will get worn, even though I do not wear it often anymore, I still do, especially during the day. It is just a very pleasant scent and no one can go wrong with it. And for how popular it has been over the years it is rare I find someone else wearing it while I am, s I HATE wearing the same cologne as others at the same place or friends I am with, lol. Also, out of my first colognes, this, tommy, Aqua di gio, etc, this is the only I will still buy. That says something for sure.

pixeldiary
pixeldiary

Classic Fragrance. Fresh, Mint & Sweet. 7 Hours on my Skin. Very Good Stuff.
Of Course, One of My Favourite :)

UPDATE: I recently acquired another Coty formulation and this one smells like a simplified, weaker version of Molto Smalto, which isn't bad for the price. I can't compare it to my other Coty bottle because I swapped it off a year or more ago. This was an ankle sampling, though, so I'll have to wear it in the usual way and report back. In some ways, it's like how Preferred Stock compares to vintage Red for Men. I remember the first Coty version as having a fuzzy/muddled, "laundry musk" quality but this one is not like that, so it could be my sensitivities changed if there wasn't a change in formulation (among Coty versions).

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

During the peak of Cool Water's popularity, I was in middle school. One whiff of this stuff and I'm automatically wearing BOSS jeans and a silver chain. The Notorious B.I.G. begins playing on the radio, and I'm attempting to sign onto America Online using dial up, but my dad keeps trying to make a phone call. I'm also looking forward to smoking some cheap weed out of a soda can tomorrow.

It still smells good.

sf2explus

This in the 90's smelled so amazing it was amazing over the years they made it more synthetic and the violet note smell cheap these days compared to the way it used to be had they kept the original formulation or kept the quality high even if it was tweaked a little it would still be a top seller and would have kept the original high price tag, today you can get a bottle of this for 15-29 pounds if you look online as for Aqua di bio it has kept the quality very high even todays bottle would rival the original formulation which is why it is still selling like hot cakes.

Noley
Noley

Had to get this, because I simply couldn't live with myself if my collection didn't contain Cool Water. Unfortunately, I really dislike this scent. I've tried it multiple times, and I don't know if the formulations just became lazy over the years since it was originally so adored, but all I get is synthetic salt water. By synthetic, I mean I just smell nothing but the alcohol in this one. Not a fan.

Edit: After trying it a few MORE times, I've come to appreciate it a bit more. Still not an "amazing" fragrance, but it's still actually quite pleasant to me now.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Fresh fougere, still one the best of its kind.

I never liked Cool Water in the 80s and 90s. Main reason: It was so popular. The later years I have changed my opinion, and got to really explore and appreciate this (now) reasonably priced fresh aromatic aquatic.

Citrus, geranium, lavender, apple and something very juicy-aquatic. Plus musk, probably amber, some lily of the valley (if I read the box correctly), is what I get. Tobacco? Not to my nose. Not so much mint, oakmoss or sandalwood either, but it could be in there somewhere, adding nuances, width and depth.

I find the quality more than decent, but not on the level with Cool Waters origin GIT, who reigns supreme in these kind of structures. But that one costs six or seven times as much, so it can not be expected.

Nice fragrance for daytime in warmer months. Surprisingly good sillage and longevity also.

PLUMPIE

Fresh, summery, musky uplifting yet manly at the same time however something about the tropical notes and aquatic nautical feeling conjure up images of a large man in a Hawaiian shirt for me - however I do love this on my other half in warmer months. Definitely not a winter scent to my nose.

Zack Morris

Zack Morris orders this twice per year so I will let you read between the lines as to how much I enjoy this scent. Kelly Kapowski and Stacey Carosi have never complained and can't keep their hands off of me while I'm wearing the Cool Water.

champykilo
champykilo

8-10 sprays of this and you smell like Green Irish Tweed. Only diff is that GIT last and project longer. GIT is sophisticated but in the end I love Cool Water.

jdfarley
jdfarley

I had avoided trying this one for a long time, thinking it was too popular and played out. I just sampled it today at Sephora and, wow, was I surprised how much I enjoy this one! Cool Water is super clean and fresh, smells just like I've taken a shower. Cool Water is popular for a reason: it is good. I have made a complete 180 in my perception of this masterpiece, and now feel I must get myself a bottle soon.

mastergrim8
mastergrim8

My first ever cologne (correction second, Old Spice was first but that was pure crap).

It's a very generic scent but very versatile for everyday use (which I intended to use it for before I got addicted to collecting) and is an all year cologne.

The initial scent is very harsh as it is in your face but the dry down (1 hour+) is decent.

It's a good bang for your buck if your starting out, however, the scent is very synthetic and smells unnatural.

This lasts 8+ hours on a summer day and projects moderately well depending on the amount of sprays.

smellerboy
smellerboy

At first I didn't like it very much.. Bought it last winter. But today I really started to appriciate it's beauty.
What a great fresh scent for summer. And it lasts forever. Guys try this in summer and it will perform how it is ment. It really is Cool Water. Great name!

bunty62
bunty62

It is not great fragrance as it is praised.
Extremely Sharp fragrance it is.
Don't go for blind buy.
It may or may not suitable to your nose.
Lasting is average. Silage is good.
I found that it smells very synthetic.

IF U WANT AQUATIC SCENT MY CHOICE WILL ON CHROME BY AZZARO INSTEAD OF THIS FRAGRANCE.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

i have found a bottle of the vintage version and it is much better than the current formulation. so much more natural smelling and the orange blossom is prevalent as is the mint and marine note. the blob of mixed synthetic notes is gone and it dries down nicely with moss and sandalwood anchoring the bottom. this is how I remember it to be when I first sampled this in the very early nineties. e-bay is an awesome tool if you search properly.

ReidyBo

Probably the best cologne you can buy at any ____Mart store. Top is pretty synthetic and gives you a lavender-green kind of nose tickling punch. Then the transition to the mid happens chaotically, bringing out the geranium and jasmine. Finally, the warm and sweet but also "plasticky" base, no doubt from the somewhat cheap amber accord, hangs around close to your skin for the remainder of the life.

All in all, pretty great value for a old ass fragrance. Plus, you can spray it on your clothes (sparingly) to keep that "freshly laundered & pressed" feeling. Dem black tree car fresheners, doe....

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

I graduated from high school in 1995 and most of the guys I knew at the time wore either this or Drakkar Noir. I loved Cool Water! I knew nothing about perfumery at the time, but looking now at the notes, I'm not surprised I like it so much. Jasmine, Cedar, Musk, Amber, Tobacco. All of those notes turn deliciously sinful on the right person's skin. Yum!

blake123
blake123

A super clean, refreshing smell great for daytime wear. I wore this to work all the time and it was a perfect fit. It's an inviting smell that says "i'm clean, and friendly"
It may be overused and boring to some, but its just an all around good smelling frag thats inexpensive. In my opinion its more masculine and versatile than the highly praised Nautica Voyage.

lou6
lou6

a masculine one..I use it after the gym, you will feel fresh and confident ;)

Nil3
Nil3

In 1990 this cologne haunted me as a little girl. I was 9 and in a KG where older kids go to after school if they have parents that work all day. Anyways, OF COURSE, my crush who was 17 wore it. ALL cool guys wore Cool Water. All extremely cool and handsome guys wore Cool water. When I smell it now it smells like something I long for but can NEVER have. Something so beautiful I can only observe and dream of from far away. I was so young and innocent. Helpless, clueless. Cool water is my impossible love.....

Goktug
Goktug

Money maker.

kogai
kogai

Smells very slightly minty for a few hours, then completely disappears and I can't smell anything at all.

Regretful purchase.

Atbinj

ok ive been wearing this one more often now and omg it gets complments left and right. dont be afraid to use a lot of this since it is inoffensive i shower msellf in this and it wont be overpowering. this is the best scent you can possibly get for high school.

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

My little brother used to have the aftershave splash when we were kids in the mid 90s and it was the old version made by Lancaster. I had heard bad things about the current reformulation by Coty but just assumed this was from haters.
Sadly they were correct, the current version is quite poor and I don't think it was even worth the ridiculously cheap £19 I paid for a new 125ml bottle on eBay.
I just doesn't evolve at all from the first opening, it's very ozonic and the quality is very mediocre and synthetic as hell.
Saying that, it is certainly inoffensive and is a very flexible scent. Best usage is probably for the summer although I'm currently wearing Live Jazz or CK Escape on hot days so my Cool Water has been demoted to just a gym scent.

Atbinj

i dont know how to feel about this fragrance. i think its alright, very light, usually i go with as many sprays as i want cause this wont offend people but i think the worst comment i got with this was that i smell like a wet dog. but this is very light and you can get away with as many sprays on ocassion i might even throw on 10 sprays and no one gets offended. very clean scent.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

It is not my favorite EDT, but it is a safe fragrance. Smells fresh and clean.
If you found it discounted, buy it. If not, go for another perfume.

DSun

@MSL...that's because you have the new formulation. LOL! Vintage bottles are $20 on eBay, I cannot vouch for their authenticity, though.

Cool Water after 2002 smells like Aspen. When both are compared side by side, you'd be hard pressed to know which is which. But then again, Coty makes them both now. So, you shouldn't be surprised.

Always approach Coty products with trepidation.

MSL
MSL

Smell of *cheap soap*, nothing more. I must be honest here: it also reminds me of *soap powder*, nothing else. Poor. The only perfume that I regret having bought. Poor! I can not understand why some people like this fragrance. Poor. Aroma quite synthetic. Poor. The top notes are purely awful. The heart and background are... acceptable. Overall, ideal for those who are over fifty years. Buy this is throwing money away, in my opinion. But - let's be frank: taste is a personal thing and, thus, indisputable. ^_^ The traditional 'Quasar', 'O Boticário', is a good copy of this perfume. I repeat - soap powder, cheap soap.

DSun

Nothing I can say about this but love and admiration. It made Pierre Bourdon famous and is possibly the most imitated cologne ever. I wore this today after a very, very long time and I began to wonder what would have happened if Cool Water, L'Eau d'Issey and Acqua di Gio never came into existence.

It is a two-edged sword because all three are masterful creations but in the same vein, they led us to the present day purgatory of unimaginative citrus/aquatics. We are stuck in a rut of Cool Water wannabes. What is ironic is that the original fragrance is now being accused of being unoriginal. Go figure that one out.

(By the way, Pierre Bourdon also created Green Irish Tweed.)

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Cool Water is not a bad EDT, you'll just smell very unoriginal wearing it. The smell is dated or perhaps there's just too many other fragrances out there that reminds me of it. It also smells synthetic, although the drydown smells slightly more natural.

Fortunately folks, this a cheap scent. It smells fresh and cooling and is a good blind-buy if you need a fragrance in a hurry. Good for the summer because of the citrus, but doesn't suit autumn and winter very well.

6/10 - Above average. A better alternative to this is GIT if you got cash to burn, but in truth I'd recommend a much more original scent with natural ingredients.

mjunio14
mjunio14

Esse meu nariz amador não consegue identificar as notas, pro meu nariz amador é praticamente um perfume de uma nota somente e essa nota é a aquatica, consigo sentir bem de leve a menta, gosto muito deste perfume. Minha namorada adora quando eu uso o Cool Water, é sensacional, nem consigo descreve-lo e quando vejo que ele foi lançado em 1988 quase me emociono, eu nem era nascido kkk... E pra mim apesar da data de lançamento, não tem cheiro de velho não! O quasar realmente lembra ele no final, digo isso porque minha namorada me deu um sabonete e loçao de barbear do quasar e o cheiro me lembrou ao cheiro do Cool Water ja depois de umas 6 horas na pele.

Fixa muito na minha pele, + 8 de horas facilmente e projeta muito bem, não fica rente a pele por nada. Esse perfume se encaixou perfeitamente comigo

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Cool Water is a classic that may have run it's course....at least I thought. I always overlooked CW at the pefume counters everywhere. "Mehhh, it was super popular, but now it's just another scent."

Something gave me the weird urge to buy the bottle. No idea what it was, but I went ahead and bought a bottle at TJ Maxx for a slightly discounted price. Boy am I glad I did! I love it. Very masculine, very fresh and very stout. I bet this has been reformulated left and right, but with the right amount of sprays, you'll smell like a man that will turn some heads. Longevity and projection could be better but it's not the worst by any means.

If it were up to me I wouldn't call this "Cool Water." When I think of the name Cool Water I think it's going to be something real aquatic and bright. This is more of a "Calm Water" to me.

Great stuff. It's a classic for a reason.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I've not used this for many years, getting the urge to have it again, am I right in thinking it's been messed about with quite a lot. It smells how i'd imagine if Gordon's made gin flavoured Soap. It's fresh I guess in a synthetic kind of way. I think I prefer the Night Dive to this. A bit generic, but nice enough.

@ppnair73
Sure you have the original product and no counterfeit...? Shaking a perfume in order to smell right is a very strange action...

ppnair73

I was so disappointed with this, I gave that bottle of mine a god, almighty shake & now when I sprayed it, it smelled different. And not only Soap, that I smelt earlier. Thank god for that or it would have been a total waste. Now it feels better. Atleast I can finish this bottle rather than give it away or something. :)

(Update: I returned this, paid extra and bought Terre D' Hermes which is really brilliant. Never again will I buy this one. Out & out cheap soap. Caused one big headache. :( )

ppnair73

Bought it blind. The damn thing smells of cheap soap and nothing else. Nothing from any of the ingredients mentioned above in the perfume pyramid. Start to end, a flat, soapy smell. Thoroughly disappointed. Never again!!!

lollero
lollero

When I got a bottle of this I didn't really like it. It was a little bit outdated and I was a little too young for this fragrance. But when I gave it a chance again it was wonderful when it dried down. I went to sleep and the next morning it still came strong. It lasted on me over 12 hours easily and I sprayed it only on my wrists and one on my neck. There is really nothing more to add to the name, it really does excellent on hot weather!

Vumile
Vumile

I do not like this at all! It smells like cheap soap!! Disgusting!!! I have tried it 3 times and i get 3-6 hour with an armlenght projektion. I will probably give it away or sell it.

1/5 from me

KJS88
KJS88

I just bought this after being without it for a while. How I missed it. Every year I try another modern aquatic-calone-fougere, hoping to find a hot weather cologne that suits my skin and smells good, no matter how sweaty and manky the heat and humidity of the Australian high Summer makes one look and feel. I always fail dismally in my search and end up knicking my father's bottle of Cool Water.

Clean, aromatic, something like super nice laundry detergent, but quite deep blue and masculine smelling. Really hard to describe the scent. Its said to be so ubiquitous that everyone knows what it smells like, but I have my doubts about that: when ever the weather is particularly hot I spray a few spritzes of this and the compliments come flying in, as to does the usual "oooh, what's that called and where do you buy it?"

For something that is approaching 30 years old, Cool Water has always smelled modern and versatile to me.

Good stuff, and great bang for buck.

Housebliss
Housebliss

I'm liking this more and more. Very masculine and fresh. Sillage is very good (it stays in the room a while after you've left). Longevity is tremendous. I don't know if it's because of my skin, but I can still smell it on my skin after I've taken a shower!

Women absolutely love it. The ones at my office have probably smelled close to 50+ fragrances I've worn, including niche, vintage, and other high-end $$$ perfumes. Again, this just goes to show that you need not spend much money to get a great fragrance, or to get loads of compliments. I understand perfume collectors (me included) wanting rare/niche fragrances for the sake of a particular feeling and/or smell, but it's not necessary to seek out those just for the sake of being "different" and thinking everyone will think you smell gorgeous (which is actually rarely the case anyway).

This is a laidback, wonderful scent, and definitely signature worthy. Very highly recommended.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

I think EVERYTHING that needs to be said HAS been said about this one...... Pierre Bourdon was superb on this creation........ A very elegant, very tailored scent that works well in the spring and early fall.... It is in the family of the fresh fougere's and in many ways it can be that Swiss Army knife in your collection because it is so versatile: office, casual, date night, black tie.., etc.... My ONLY beef with this fragrance is this:

*Those that have the audacity of comparing to Green Irish Tweed- a frag that has far superior ingredients and is more well-blended....
*Too many flankers...., I was exhausted after the first 2......... How about you?

jdawg
jdawg

Amazing! Lasts long on the skin! My dad has this and borrowed it for 4 sprays as I always do, and it lasts long on my skin and my clothes. Perfect for hot summer days.

panoulis1992

longevity:7/10
projection:7/10
sillage:6/10
versatility:9/10
overall:37/50(still a good choice)

ShaverX
ShaverX

If you don't like cool water your un american! J/K, but seriously how can you not at least like this classic fragrance. It is a very safe, unoffensive, clean crisp fresh linen hanging on the clothesline type scent.

Sure the longevity isn't much, like it once was back in the 90's, but it is a great cologne to keep in the gym bag and freshen up throughout the day. I also love to spray my clothing down with this stuff. Keeps everything smelling laundry fresh. it's a true american classic. And women love this scent.

Btw.. the comparison to GIT. I can totally see that at the beginning. It's like a GIT with a purple candy/clean linen.. but after an hour it is still what it is whereas as the GIT, evolves into country side freshness with a higher quality sandalwood base. They are different and not once has anyone asked me if I was wearing CW when I had it on. In fact i have had people ask me what it is and when i tell them they are like where can I get that. etc...Well anyway I digress. Cool Water is Cool Water and GIT is GIT.

Nando Arce
Nando Arce

My favorite fragrance,but it dont have good longevity on my skin...

zedsefi
zedsefi

New formula is very synthetic and cloying. Stick to the original, or upgrade to Creed's Green Irish Tweed.

ezemiyashiro
ezemiyashiro

I like it. Used to love much more though. Now it's just a lot of calone. A LOT

burgundyaltima

This older guy was wearing it..very clean and projected very well ..smelled so good..normally I can spot this a mile a way or catch the resemblance to Creed Green Irish tweed but this time it didn't register. I actually thought he was wearing DG light blue...hmm might consider getting a bottle

Addan
Addan

Awsome
Great fragrance ever longevity,projection,sillage
Every thing is perfect old but still in crowd

Alexir101
Alexir101

Bought this for my man. Adore it on him. Very sexy.

toto453
toto453

For me the only weak point to this ragrance is its poor longevity...a pity because this is the kind of vibrating scent I love. That is why, I went to Fierce of Abercrombie & Fitch which is the similar scent with an excellent longevity/projection.

Blank_Paper
Blank_Paper

A blind buy for me. I love the sharp green opening, it is fantastic, though it is quite strong. If it had stayed this nice for a while, I might have liked it. However, within minutes it fades and the sickly sweet middle notes come out. These last for probably three hours, until the inoffensive sweet mossy dry down occurs. If it were just the top and base notes it would be nothing special, but with the middle notes it becomes disgusting to me. Of course, I currently have a 4.2 oz bottle so unless I sell it I'm going to end up wearing it for a while.

rafaelollero
rafaelollero

Actual Formula:
Synthetic Punch
Not Cool

Klayface
Klayface

I'll admit this is a classic scent but only when it's used like with caution . Walk into a sprAy or dab some on your fingers and touch your pulse points. One spray is enough .

ChaoticBliss
ChaoticBliss

Great, classic scent. Always get compliments whenever I wear it. My cats love it too. If I leave it on the bed, they sniff it and cuddle with the bottle.

anna.dkr5

To the reviewer below me: it lasts much longer on clothes.

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

Bought this about a week ago for its good price. I wanted a fresh and clean fragrance to use after bath and on hot days... well... this is just ok. For me it smells like disinfectant... I had the bathroom cleaned the other day and decided to spray it everywhere... my family liked to have a 'cool water' aura in the bathroom.
Anyway, on my skin, Cool Water has a very poor longevity and almost no sillage... which is very sad. I don't know how it used to smell like in 1988 but I'm pretty sure they changed something in the formula otherwise it wouldn't turned into a classic...

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I like this fragrance since it reminds me of Green Irish Tweed - similar in some ways, but far more synthetic and doesn't last or project nearly as long. Although I wear GIT to the office and in formal/casual settings, I don't have any trouble reaching for Cool Water when we're running errands or shopping at Costco, Wegman's, Walmart, etc. It's a decent fresh fragrance for the Spring and early Summer.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Smelled it in a tester, kinda liked it because, it smelled a little bit like Irish Spring soap. I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes and it got disgustingly funky like something you would smell in a high school locker room. Beware.

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

Like most people of my generation (20's), I picked this up on reputation alone.
And although the smell is a little synthetic at first, it does settle down into an aquatic scent with undertones of citrus and spice.

Personally it's a little tame and much to fresh for me to wear on a regular basis, but I can definitely see why this frag has the success it has.

alimuanis
alimuanis

just spray it on your chest and dance jump and be happy and refreshing, and you will feel like you want to do party as a one he have celebration.
even if you are not on the sea you will feel like one who swim in big sea , even if the weather is hot, with cool water you will feel like one Walk next to a waterfall, and waterfall sprayed small drops on you, and the dew drops of rain fall in your body.
cool water make your summer cold , cool water make your feel is active.

and after all we miss you (( paul walker )) rest in peace you hero we will remember you from your movies and your ad for cool water.

this is first time buy and wearing cool water i was want it so badly, in this summer i just decided my summer 2014 this year will be with cool water and i'm so happy with it and i feel free feeling in my mind.
and i wish for every one the best moment and best love and best holiday in this summer .

My opinion is :-
Compliments 8/10
Bottle design 8/10

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

I didnt rock this in the 90s but even though I started my frag journey about 5 years this was 1 of the 1st frags I actually purchased based purely on the popularity.

To me though the advertising through me off from what the scent actually smells like. Thats because with the name CoolWater you expect this to have an aquatic blue feel but in actuality its a green frag. Its a pretty simple but pleasant scent though. Fresh,synthetic,clean,mossy,and it has a sensual vibe to it thats a people pleaser for sure. The reason I went with GIT though is simply because the drydown in GIT is amazing and it just performs better on my skin.

The Longevity of Coolwater on my skin is about 4-6 hours.

Projection is average on my skin. Not great but not poor either.

In a nutshell if you just want something people like and dont know where to go just start with Coolwater

Id rate this cologne a 6.5 out of 10

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

My love for cool water runs deep. One cool spray on a hot summer day and it refreshes you all the way! Long lasting sillage, and the notes, my gosh! You can smell it distinctively as it clings on your skin. Men are very faithful to the scent they wear. Much like a boy who still clings to his favorite toy, this frag will and always be one of my signature scents. Popular with the ladies too! Not on them though. :)

wbissar
wbissar

You have to admit: this is one of the best summer fragrances. No wonder it has been successful for so long. I live in a very hot and dry country and i smell this on a lot of people, which would be considered a downside of it. It has a synthetic side but it its very very good.

Osmo
Osmo

nice deal yet neat reminiscent of GIT by Creed, one of the billion reasons i love this// The ultimate blue oceanic fresh clean yet affordable scent,with a real minty feel now and then; can't smell cheap even if there are many reformulations in among bottles.. never get notes in this except some fresh mint with a lot of waters arround, it's just the cool water mix; so funny that the given notes are almost totallly different between the two twins lol love em both!!

stevenc
stevenc

Not to call this a bad scent, but unfortunately, despite its reputation, I found this to be offensively synthetic and cheap (which I suppose it is). Perhaps it has changed much since its original formulation, or perhaps it appeals mostly to a younger generation.

anna.dkr5

I got an unsolicited compliment from a woman while I was wearing this the other day. I'd only applied one spray under my shirt, and could barely smell it by the time she noticed it. She was like: "What a great smell! What have you put on?". I thanked her, and said it was probably my shower gel she was smelling. LOL!

Cheadle
Cheadle

Since 1988 and still going strong..

After getting tired of stealing Dad's Old Spice and going on to buy cheap copies of designer scents .... I finally took home a sample of CW. It was sparkling in the opening,rich,intoxicating, aromatic and spicy-sophisticated as it warmed up and dried down.

Then The reformulations began... When I finally bought my 125ml I felt uneasy wearing it because the sparkling zesty opening was gone and the rest??? Well lets just say that because of our humidity here, the later versions of CW never seemed to do well on anybody and many of us used to wear it back then... I reluctantly moved on.

These days I stare at Cool water on the shelves and mentally experience that very first cool water opening from that sample bottle... that burst of vibrant freshness so clean so pure.....

For The Kids..Pls dont mind what you read here if you are new to fragrances by all means try a sample of CW you might like it and then by the 125ml. Or at the very least let your brain store it up as a scent you have tried

veera.sareddy@gmail.com
veera.sareddy@gmail.com

Based on the reviews, I owned one. It opens too sharp with lavendar. First day I got headache. Later I learnd to enjoy it with just 2 sparays, it does good job from there after. I rate 6/10 for coolwater.

xbcraig
xbcraig

I wanted to try Creeds Green Irish Tweed till I read all these comments. Now I think I will save my money. Cool Water is at the bottom of my collection and I'm just waiting for someone to ask about it so I can give it to them and make room on my shelf.

eric.cius
eric.cius

Back in the 10th grade I got my girlfriend at the time to buy me a bottle of this, not because I smelt it and liked it, but because Snoop rapped about it on his remake of Loodi Doodi. "got my Johnson'ss baby powder and cool water cologne"
She didn't really like it and I think at the time it cost her a paycheck or two working at blockbuster but whatever I broke up with her not long after. To tell the truth I broke up with cool water aswell, it want anything special compared to other scents coming out in 93/94. I think layering it over baby powder helped it, good call snoop dog or lion or whatever your skinny ass is called.

I recently tried it again and felt it deserves it's 19.99 price tag at Walmart, not even in the security case because they probably want people to steal it. If you enjoy these types of scents I would go with Derek Jeter Driven RUSH. It's like a mix between cool water and git with longer lasting power thsn both if you can believe.

To me cool water was a good scent but didn't age well.
3/10 from me, not sure what snoopaloop rates it.

anna.dkr5

The first time I smelled this it was 1996. I was in High School, and a classmate was wearing this really fresh and alluring scent. So, I asked him what he was wearing. "Davidoff", he said nonchalantly. Later that day, I stopped at a perfume store, and smelled the "Davidoff" in the blue bottle... That was it, the same smell that I'd swooned over just a few hours earlier.

Since then, I never really paid much attention to this fragrance. I always saw the blue bottle on shelves, but I didn't give it another sniff. I'm not really sure why. I remembered my classmate, but ended up gradually forgetting the scent he had been wearing. Not to mention that I had become a huge fan of CK ONE (which smells NOTHING like it did back then), and loved Acqua di Giò.

Fast forward to my early thirties. I ended up blind buying a bottle of this, not just because it was a classic, but because I wanted to contribute to National Geographic's "Love the Ocean" campaign. The first few applications weren't much what I had expected in term of scent, but I was happy that both longevity and sillage were good. I kept wearing it, and it grew on me... so much so, that it is my signature now. It might be synthetic, common, not groundbreaking, etc. but it does its job and it's perfect for any occasion. Most people love it, and so do I.

sputatrix
sputatrix

the ads has describes this perfume, very fresh.
IMO it actually has good longevity and sillage at outdoor but if i wear it in a cold office the longevity and sillage are weak. but it still my favorite perfume

ReidyBo

Kinda resembles the black tree air fresheners you hang in your car. Not sure which came first, but I'd venture to guess Cool Water. Opens really sharp and bright, calmss down to a fresh and green, but still kinda sharp, scent.

The type of scent that makes the front of my brain uplift with happy, like many "safe" or "people pleaser" fragrances. Could also resemble a faint laundry-esque or even Irish Spring-y smell.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Very refreshing uplifting and aquatic scent. Initial blast similar to Creed GIT but thereafter this drys down to a more soapy casual smell that is perfect for office and after workout. Very very good value for money

Ayl
Ayl

به نظرم واقعاً خوبه ، خیلی خوب . دیروز که رفتم مروی تسترشو 70 تومن خریدم فروشنده گفت : بهش میگن تقلب بزرگ . چون از روی گرین آیریش ساخته شده اینو بهش میگن . تو ویکی پدیا هم دراینباره توضیح داده . بوی ترکیبی و باحالی داره ، بیشتر مثه بوی مواد شوینده است . نه اینکه بد باشه نه اصلاً ولی بوی آشنا و در عین حال خاصی داره . من از کمتر ادکلن خنکی خوشم اومده ولی کول واتر یه چیز دیگس . یه ادکلن کلاسیک و خوشبو که هیچ وقت قدیمی نمیشه . یه ویژگی مثبتش ماندگاری و پخش بوی خوبشه . دیویدوف ، کول واتر

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

An affordable classic that sat next to my bottle of Drakkar,Obsession,Fahrenheit in High School. I still love it today and often debate buying it again. I went through so many bottles of CoolWater, more than any other fragrance that I can think of. It drew every bit as many compliments as Fahrenheit ever did at less than half the cost.

A Refreshing and pleasant scent...Highly recommended.

lister
lister

Besides the fact that Davidoff CW is already a Classic and a Legend,it is also a memory,a good memory of something that was in the past and already gone.
I still see adults at perfume counters paying 30-40$ for this dark-blue bottle with a black plastic cap.I wonder,do these guys really use this cologne or they just buy it to refresh the MEMORIES? I look in their eyes and I see a sad note...ironically,I use Cool Water on the weekends,when I am alone.I turn on jazzy blues and give in to memories,for a moment I feel young again,for a moment this scent turns into something luxury,fresh and crisp and somehow I forget about problems of everyday life.Yes,it's like a time machine,that brings you back the crisp freshness of your own youth...But tidal wave of freshness fades and music stops and You realize that you probably smell too harsh and too outdated and probably you will have to take shower soon,so no one will find out that you miss the days of past life.
Edit:
I tested both versions: from Lancaster distributor and from Coty. I think Coty's version is more tangy and rich with aquatic and lavender notes topping the rest,as for Lancaster N.Y> version- it is a bit on a weak side,longevity is poor.Both bottles look pretty much the same, wheres Coty's imprinting is lacking cursive and the plastic cap is a bit smaller in size.
My suggestion: before purchase ,flip the bottle and look fro "COTY".

Pranav
Pranav

I am not a big fan of AQUATICs but I want into my collection, as it is a Legend in cologne world. Its been there and done it all.

lucifera
lucifera

THE most timeless classic, sexy fresh scent ever! i wish every man smelled like this :-p gaawwd never mind how old it is, it's GOOD! a true turn on

Roman86
Roman86

I may have to agree with the review below me. Back in the 90s I smelled Cool Water from a magazine strip and it smelled amazing. The stuff that is marketed as Cool Water now is nowhere near the intoxicating scent it once was even on a magazine strip. Now it smells like a fresh deodorant type smell that fades almost as quickly as it started. Something as popular as Cool Water must have went through a bunch of reformulations and had corners cut to make more money simply by the name and popularity of the fragrance.

majecatracho
majecatracho

This scent has changed with time, back in the early 90s it was an awesome scent, real pimp juice but now it is bland and weak. A shadow of what it used to be, i keep a small bottle for memories sake.

jackfort
jackfort

Smells like laundry detergent. Epitome of unoriginality.

Sillage and longevity below average.

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

Love It! another awesome men's EDT. It does have the aquatic, clean, sporty scent. Someone else said it and it could be true: Women love this more than men! I know my love goes to one or 2 of his faves and I often say "use the Cool Water, use the Cool Water". I've used it myself from time to time.
10 out of 10. no complaints

Juiceman 0331

I own Creed Green Irish Tweed and Davidoff Cool Water and let me tell you guys, I have tried so many times to compare them both and say to myself that Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed smells different, but my nose can't lie to myself.
I wanted them to smell different, I wanted to lie to myself, because I paid $280 for GIT and $35 for Coolwater.
They're almost identical about 80% and the 20% is just from the slight synthetic smell from Cool Water.

If I post this on Creed Green Irish Tweed page, Creed hardcores will say that I have a problem with my nose, they'll get upset and they'll have so many excuses to discredit my claim. (bad batch, fake creed, bad bottle, etc.)

Sometimes, we lie to ourselves just to justify the big money that we have spent on something that we could have bought on a cheaper price.
This is just my own opinion guys.

neilvizuett

It´s very special. It can smell synthetic and cheap, but it has THAT touch, that makes it unique, and that gets you to the clouds when you smell it. It´s like those things that aren´t "perfect", but it´s that imperfection what makes them artistic. Another interesting thing is that, in my experience, women love it, but most men don´t.

StardustHK
StardustHK

The perfectly crafted blend of window- and toilet cleaner. After all the hype, actually smelling it turns out to be a big disappointment. To my nose it's way too sharp and synthetic.
If that is aquatic then it's chlorinated swimming pool water after a long, hot day in peak season. An ocean or beach would be the last thing that comes to my mind.
Scent 2/5. pass.

sranjit
sranjit

Twenty five years since its inception and this perfume still makes heads turn and gets attention from one and all. I have rarely bagged so many compliments for any other perfumes from random people on daily commute to the office and from colleagues. Synthetic and harsh, may be, but it's one perfume that kind of performs well both on formal occasions as well as casual weekends. In that respect, I find it versatile.
Also, the drydown of Cool Water makes me feel calm and certain despite the situations outside :-). I just hope, Davidoff never tweaks the formula of this perfume. As a trade-off, we can bear with more flankers o f the original!

arigarj
arigarj

Davidoff Cool Water is very similar to Paris Elysees Vodka Extreme (couldn't find this one in Fragrantica). Very minty.

azizhejji
azizhejji

classic fresh scent , inexpensive and really cool , Cool water is MASTERPIECE .

Mattybono

Recently felt nostalgic so I purchased a new bottle of Cool Water in order to revisit this classic scent. I really have to admit that it smells absolutely great and performs like a powerhouse! The old harsh, synthetic opening that I remember from past bottles (Reference my old review) seems to have been softened up a bit and is actually pleasant if not well behaved ... Not sure if there has been a re-formulation or if I'm just being sentimental but I swear there's a positive difference. Regardless, this one gets an A+ for amazing quality and a timeless masculine scent for a bargain price!
Thanks for taking me back, Davidoff...I will not stray from you again!

marko.tiution
marko.tiution

Many years ago I got a bottle of cool water. I liked it, it is about 7/10 for me..
My uncle wanted to try it and he sprayed on himself a couple.
He said that it is very bad.
The next weekend I went to his house and before I left home I sprayed a couple of it on myself.
When I entered to his house, he said immediately "you have good smell" after that i showed the bottle and he can't believe that it's the same.
So I think it is a quite good scent. You can try it, you can buy it, on the other hand you can find better scent easily.

Victor Marucci
Victor Marucci

English
Well, I live in Brazil, so please understand my opinion (making this comment to a temperature of 30º C).

I will refute Chandler Burr, the "New York Times" about marine notes have not heart.

In my body this fragrance transports me to a deserted beach with the ideal woman (as in advertising with Paul Walker) It also brings a sense of ease the heat (such as a beach dive) and extreme masculinity.

Cool water has lavender as extreme sensuality with very masculine scent of cedar, mint and pineapple washed in this refreshing blend factor.

Cool Water is able to bring a welfare that acqua de gio and other acqua versions will never do (because the cucumber's smell, reminds me cheaps colognes).
Since I received compliments of the woman that I love, cool water is in my heart.

Cool Water has heart Chandler Burr!Not a machine but a Mixing art with welfare.
A perfect match for the warmth of Brazil.
It's a classic that will not be imitated.

-------------------------------------------------

Portugues
Bom eu moro no Brasil, então por favor entendam a minha opinião (fazendo este comentário numa temperatura de 30ºC).

Vou rebater Chandler Burr, do "The New York Times"sobre notas marinhas não terem coração.

No meu corpo esta fragrância me transporta para uma praia deserta com a mulher ideal (como na propaganda com Paul Walker) Traz também a sensação de amenizar o calor (como mergulho numa praia) e extrema masculinidade.
Cool water tem a lavanda como fator de extrema sensualidade com odor de cedro bem masculino, lavados em menta e abacaxi que refresca esta mistura.

Cool Water é capaz de trazer um bem estar que acqua de gio e as demais versões acqua com cheiro de pepino jamais terão(cheiro de perfume barato).
Desde que recebi elogios da mulher que amo por causa dele, cool water esta no meu coração.

Cool Water tem coração sim Chandler Burr!Não me parece uma maquina, mas a mistura perfeita entre arte com o bem estar.
A combinação perfeita para o calor do Brasil.
É um clássico que não será imitado.

Casper112
Casper112

Cool Water is more clean than C L E A N! The opening notes always give me a headache because of their sharpness, but the drydown is a very nice smell. The only reason I don't wear it anymore is because I can't stand the quite strong opening, otherwise, it is a man's scent!

neilvizuett

In my personal experience, Girls Love it, men don´t like it very much: wierd. You can fully appreciate it only on hot days. Cool Water... so many memories!

Travis453
Travis453

JamesVT is right, it's definitely reminiscent of soap. Not exactly a bad smell, it just shows it's age better than others. I purchased it after hearing Snoop talk about it on his song Lodi Dodi. For some reason he changed it from Polo cologne in the original song by slick rick to Cool Water in his own. I guess at the time it really smelled great. Never has been my favorite and I almost never wear it, but it is an essential in anyone's collection.

JamesVT
JamesVT

Reminds me too much of soap.

mofojo74
mofojo74

I know there is some snobbery with this but I prefer it to g.i.t as I don't like the salty ambergris with creed!!! It deserves the popularity as everyone can wear it any time at any age,a true masterpiece!!!! In my top ten retro list!!! The only retro scent I wear more is opium,aged much better than the now dated le male!!!!!

MrStinky
MrStinky

I recently bought a very small bottle of this for the first time. I can easily see this becoming a regular in my line up. Bold, masculine, but not in an offensive sort of way. Kind of refreshing.

I guess I was a snob & overlooked it for years because it seemed available everywhere. Now I can understand its popularity.

I will be buying a LARGE bottle of it soon.

lozzabelle1
lozzabelle1

My favourite fragrance for men, it's amazing!

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

I was skeptical about this cologne because I had it once when I was 14 and remembered it being pretty aromatic, which isn't exactly my taste anymore. I got this though for Christmas and must say, I forgot how musky this juice is! It is still a bit aromatic, but the dry down keeps my attention. This cologne features heavily on the mint, musk, and jasmine when it opens up. At least that's what it does on me, then the dry down brings the tobacco and amber while still holding on to the musk. This is definitely a fresh spicy dry down fragrance. Don't be fooled by the name and think it's strictly a watery fragrance.

Sam37
Sam37

this is pleasent, nostalgic, masculine, seductive,
perfect spring and summer perfume, masterpiece
in this group of perfumes, highly recommended.

Amazing one of the best

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

One of the best I own. A true people pleaser.
Fragrance is amazing and projects well. Though it is appropriately named: "Cool Water", I find something dark in this that tries to come out once in a while. This is what makes this an awesome one.

omar.melmo
omar.melmo

Difficult to hate a fragrance so well made and blended like Cool Water. A crowd pleaser and safe choice for any occasion during the spring/summer seasons. That breezy freshness, that subtle aquatic vibe, despite what is said here and there, cannot be mistaken for any domestic air freshner or the deo spray of the kid nextdoor. The fragrance set a higher standard in terms of "cleanliness" (whatever that means for a scent). If you hate, like me, calone boosted ozonic horrors that flooded the market the two last decades, please don't blame Cool Water.

johannbale
johannbale

King of Aromatic Aquatic. :) Simply one of the best I've owned.

sillage 8/10
longevity 9/10
scent 9/10

Pianopolice

It doesn't make scenes to be Aromatic And Aquatic unless it is Cool Water. A masterpiece. Always smells very modern. I ran out of two bottles of it, and I will buy more of it in future. I'm positive.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

You know those ozonic chemical perfumes that you can almost taste? The ones that roughly penetrate your nose like salt spray and sit on the 'bitter' receptors at the back of your tongue?

That's "Cool Water" for me. An assault of synthetic, green/marine notes marketed as 'fresh'. The sea water and calone just add an unwelcome pungency to a generic cedar-based cologne, in my opinion.

mrsames77
mrsames77

This was my husband's signature scent for years and if he wears it now, it still drives me crazy! :) I wouldn't care if it was made in 1865, if it smells good on my husband and he likes it and more importantly, I like it, then I will keep getting it for him! :)

WillRyanification
WillRyanification

18 hours and two showers after spraying this, I can still smell it. I can't tell if it has any sillage left (though I'd assume not, despite the fact that it had quite a nice here-and-there aura when first sprayed) but if I smell my arm it's definitely still there.

I'm always skeptical of "marine" fragrances because the smell of the ocean is either salty or disgusting, every other smell associated with it is either sunscreen or my own skin - none of which I really want in a fragrance. Davidoff's Cool Water is no different: I can smell the "marine notes" of the perfumery world, but I wouldn't describe it as aquatic.
It smells almost like clean laundry: crisp, fresh, synthetic, and clean in a way you can't describe. It isn't lemony or full of lavender, it's just perfect scent for any situation that requires clean clothes. 10/10 on all accounts, I can't get enough.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I didn't know Paul Walker had done a commercial for Cool Water. Maybe I'll buy a bottle in his honor. I doubt he'd have endorsed it if he didn't like the scent, so it must be decent smelling. It would be nice if Davidhoff would donate some proceeds to Paul Walker's charity....

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

I absolutely hate this fragrance, very 'old school' and overpowering in all the wrong ways. Can't narrow it down to one / several particular notes, i just hate the smell of it.

eau de nath
eau de nath

This frag is a little bit similar to Polo Blue or Big Pony number 1. The first spray, you can really sense a crisp scent of salt water, I know there's no citrus scent in here but I can smell it. The drydown after the top note was a little bit soapy or powdery, the jasmine was a little bit noticeable. The bases are a good additions to the molecules. You can still sense the crisp smell of salt water and a bit of soapy or powdery mixing with the woody notes. I don't like tobacco scents and I was surprised that I can't smell it! This frag was great especially for the younger generation.

34THN13
34THN13

R.I.P Paul Walker (1973 - 2013) :(

Raqtan
Raqtan

I purchased Cool Water yesterday..

Very masculine but light at the same time because of the sea water note.

Smells like Green Irish Tweed by CREED at the beginning but the dry down is different.

I like the sea water note because it made Cool Water an all seasons fragrance. Smart move by Davidoff!

Price is fair.

RIP Paul Walker

Elmyra
Elmyra

This fragrance made me think of Paul Walker, he was the face of this fragrance.
What an untimely death, still shocked. Cant believe that he has passed away. R.I.P. i loved his movies so much, my faves are The Skulls and Joyride. Truly sad news to hear about his death.

petranfx
petranfx

paul walker rip

theXRC
theXRC

I get a kick out of reviews. People in general, meaning all of you reading this, or those who have already posted, are so opinionated about fragrance. Well, so am I. Why?

Fragrance is personal. Everyone sees colors a bit differently, hears a bit differently, tastes and smells things differently.

Cool Water smells slightly similar to GIT. So what? Smells similar to Aspen. So what? Smells a bit dated. So what? It did however, launch a billion aquatics to the masses because they sure as hell weren't buying GIT. Some hate this trend, some love it.

The Bottom Line: Cool Water smells nice. If you live where I do, in the midwest USA, most people will know you are wearing Cool Water. So what? Compliments still come. Fresh, salty, watery, good projection and longevity. Be prepared for "Oh you smell sooo good! Is that Cool Water?"

For me? Ehhh, maybe every once in awhile. Playing golf or something. I do own it, but I'm not in love with it. Maybe if I layered it with baby powder like Snoop Dog lol?!!?

waleed2006
waleed2006

very beautiful and nice smells like creed green irsh tweed when it dry

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Cool Water, in its original formula, is one of the most recognizable and impactuful fragrances in the history of masculine perfumery. A very complex and pretty fougere, Cool Water is loaded with geranium, mint, lavender, and moss. Tobacco and green aromatics give the fragrance a dramatic dry quality, which is then refreshed and totally transformed by the aquatic accord that permeates the entire composition. From the first burst of rosy salt water to the elegant drydown of salty, sun-warmed skin, it's some phenomenal perfumery. It's a brilliant work of alchemy and artistry, and it smells fantastic. Unfortunately, Cool Water's slumping sales and frequent re-licensing has led to the scent becoming a crude caricature of its former self. If you can find a bottle manufactured by Lancaster group, grab it up for one of the most gorgeous, if not overly imitated, themes in masculine perfumery of all time.

JakePowell
JakePowell

Before I compare the differences between Creed GIT and Davidoff Cool Water, let me clarify some things..

Creed GIT and Davidoff CW may smell similar, but there's one thing that must be understood. Perfumer Olivier Creed & Pierre Bourdon were friends, or partners even. They both collaborated and shared ideas for new fragrances. They both came up with the idea of a fresh fragrance to take on the 80's, this being Creed GIT. There was a speculation that Pierre Bourdon helped a lot in the composing of Creed GIT. Following Creed GIT's success, Pierre wanted to release a similar scent, but cheaper, for the mass market. This fragrance was Davidoff Cool Water, before the reformulation. Pierre Bourdon also made Mont Blanc's Individuel, before Olivier Creed made Original Santal. They weren't copying each other, but sharing the idea, the concept. One for the mass market, one for the niche.

Now, for the differences between Creed GIT and Davidoff CW..

Davidoff CW opens up a little harsh, and very synthetic, but still a fresh feeling, almost aquatic.

Creed GIT opens up powerfully; very natural, very purply-green and fresh, and I could pick out individual notes playing their part instead of a synthetic clash of notes. During the drydown is where you find most of the similarities.

They are both generally the same concept and idea, but the only key differences here are the quality of the notes used.

The longevity I get out of Davidoff CW is 3-6 hours, on average.
On Creed GIT I usually get 8-10+ hours, and sometimes to the next day. I get strong projection out of GIT than I do on CW; being average.

Now, which one would I buy?

If I was a big fan of this type of scent, which I am, I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra money to buy Creed GIT. And for the quality I get it is well worth it. And a bottle will last me well throughout the year.

But if you're just looking for a fresh scent that gets the job done, and at 1/4th+ the price of Creed GIT, it is an excellent value for a great scent that will garner plenty of compliments. It also lasts and projects adequately during the day, just not until night.

I own both, and love both differently on their own.

As for rating I will give Davidoff CW a 7.5/10
I will give Creed GIT a solid 10/10

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

I can't believe it........... This and GIT are EXACTLY the same. I honestly don't know why someone would spend $300 (Retail) for some GIT when you can grab a 4.2 of Cool Water for $30. Stop flexing and do your wallet a favor.... get this. The similarities blew my freakin mind.

Werepig
Werepig

The girl in local parfume store told me, it is (or will be) dicontinued. She said, they ordered one last bottle from they another store for some guy. I am thinking about a blind buy. What do U think? Should I?

PLUMPIE

One of the sexiest scents a man can wear in the warm months, cool, musky and fruity in the most masculine way possible. I get a pineapple juice like sweetness amongst the minty notes. Just delicious and girls can wear this too it is divine.

anna.dkr5

I know this is probably all about my skin chemistry, but this has a sort of bubble-gummy scent on me. Other than that, I get faint whiffs of mint and lavender every now and then. I don't dislike it... I just wasn't expecting this.
It smells a little more herbal on clothes, but the "bubblegum" accord is still there. I wonder if it's the amber I'm smelling. As for the herbal accords, it sometimes reminds me of Chanel Platinum Egoiste. The latter smells a lot more natural.

UPDATE: About 12 hours later, I can still smell it on my clothes. The bubble-gummy accord is no longer there, and CW has morphed into Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

Nick M
Nick M

One of the very few colognes every collector should have (or a flanker). Obviously with a statement like that it's a pretty safe scent, but there are casual occasions in every man's life where this is a perfect fit. At less than $10 an oz, there are no excuses for not having it.

Juiceman 0331

A classic summer fragrance for men. This one is still on rotation from my cologne collection.
If you're not a hardcore collector and you don't want to break the bank, this one is a good substitute for Creed's Green Irish Tweed.
Some will disagree because they paid alot for their Creed. That is why I am saying a good substitute and not identical.
Some of us don't have money to buy those niche colognes,
This site is great for sharing our knowledge with eachother so we can all enjoy the fine things in life, like our colognes
If you collect colognes this one should be in your collection just like Aqua di Gio and L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake.

My overall rating 7/10

Gordoso55
Gordoso55

Having just picked up another bottle,it's still great to wear anytime,anywhere. A must have for anyone's collection. Love it.

ibad
ibad

one word........king of perfumes...old is gold.....

Zack Morris

This fragrance takes one totally by surprise. Assumed to be a "has-been" or not the newest kid on the block. Yet, there is no other fragrance that comes close to the power of Cool Water. When A.C. Slater and I go to the 18+ club the Attic, he literally has to pry women off of me. The ladies love it. I love it. When I apply this, I feel alive. An indescribably intense fragrance aura surronds me, producing several hours of sheer pleasure. Most opt for the "latest/newest" fragrance just hitting the market. So take it from Zack Morris, make the right choice. Always play to win. Go for the Gold: Cool Water.

Pianopolice

Definitely aromatic. I don't think it is a light fragrance. I guess the new versions are getting lighter, but mine is 10 years old, and I used to have another one before that. I love it because it has a good longevity and projection. True, a lot of people know what you are wearing because many are familiar with CW, so you will not surprise people, but you will still get a lot of compliment. I am not a fan of light fresh scents, but CW is something extraordinary, dreamy, high class. After all these years still I believe it has a modern scent. Again, it is not a heavy cologne, agree, but at the same time not very light either. It has a touch of complexity. The complexity is JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT. Light enough to wear it in the summer. Never gets boring. Puts you and people around you in a good mood.
The color of CW bottle tells you a lot about its scent. It is not a light blue. The smell is mysterious and complex just like the color.
I got a little bit of the fragrance left, and I know I'll buy a refill one day, but I have not been wearing this scent for last four years. I just sniff it sometimes to go beyond the earthy life.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a good summer fragrance its clean, fresh,aquatic and masculine has a green mossy type scent to it and a nice fresh musky dry down, also it has been around for some time so you can pick a big bottle up for a decent price its a classic, 7/10.

But as i said before its just good. all modern aquatic summer fragrances all smell the same fresh soapy citrus not that its a bad thing its just you want something unique and i recently tested a fragrance from Acqua Di Parmas Blu Mediterranio range the mitro di panarea and its great, from all the more recent summer fragrances ive had this is by far the best one, because its something different.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

GIT ROAD TOUR

I did a test - Creed's GIT on one wrist, Cool Water on the other.
Dang, they are pretty darn close.
Closer than I certainly hoped.
(and Creed as well)

CW is fresh, granted. Nice light summer day scent. But it's just not as refined as GIT. Sometimes CW will give off this 'fake' scent - not necessarily unpleasant, just enough to let you know it's not the real deal.
But man, it is a subtle difference.

I kept asking my friend (I was with him all day) to smell each wrist (he did not know which was which) and no matter whether it was the initial spray, or one hour into it, or even hours later - he could not tell the difference. Smelled exactly the same to him.

Doesn't make me want to rush out and buy GIT. But, I guess it's similar to a woman who owns a fake Chanel bag. Most will never know. But she will.

roll4fun
roll4fun

I'm passing on this one, based on a recent test on my inner elbow. The water and mint notes were very evident (well and good for many people), but I just could not get past the tarry - like smell. Maybe it is certain green notes, or tobacco. I've noticed that the frags that don't enthrall me seem to have more prominent green notes (some frags with less prominent green notes are likeable), or tobacco.

On the good side, Cool Water has good longevity (6 hours plus), and projection. I could also detect a hint of musk, for those who like that.

mayaxylena
mayaxylena

I only got the free sample, I like it :)
I like it on my elder brother, not on my boyfriend teehee~

lovetribe
lovetribe

good scent,beautiful.
poor longevity and sillage.

O2
O2

عطر دافيدوف "كول وتر" يمثل النسخة المقلدة من عطر كريد "جرين اريش توييد" او كريد الأسود
الذي ارتفع سعره بشكل خيالي .

كول وتر عطر رائحته منعشة وسعره رخيص نسبياً .. لكن مستوى الثبات والفوحان اقل بكثير من
عطر كريد الأسود الذي يمتاز بمكوناته الطبيعية ورائحته الساحرة الرائقة ذات الطبقات المتناغمة

علماً ان الإصدارات القديمة من عطـر "كول وتر" التي ظهرت في نهاية عقد الثمانينات الميلادية كانت حقاً
أفضل من حيث درجة الثبات والفوحان والرائحة من الإصدارات الحالية التي تغلب عليها الروائح الصناعية
وهذا نما عن تجربة سابقة لي مع هذا العطر الذي اقتنيته كعطر إضافي على مدى فترات وسنوات متعاقبة
إبتدأ من عام ١٩٩٠ وإلى العام الحالي ٢٠١٣ .

ed
ed

Smells suspiciously like deodorant...

fhr
fhr

Again, so much nice surprise like it was at Rochas Man. Really honest and straitforward. Not offensive but makes you happy . No flick-flacs offering only what was described by many users here. Not cool not dry but friendly oceanic or sporty and woody. Just realized that how many times i smelled some kinda copies of this but in this original creature there is something pleasant what hard to descriebe something what is close to the smell oilfactory or call it whatever what comes from you each day naturally. So might thats why its so nice after drydown.
Actually having quite perfect longevity pleasing my nose all itme when e.g. my arm moves around my head or so.
So i dont know why i skipped this nice CW until now (might for a quick check its seems to artifical plastic like synthetic, but it is not after longer try) that was a big mistake what i will try to correct in the remaining years from now :-)
Luca , you are right, guys take it, it worths every pennies. Do not take it serious just wear it and works, as said it makes you happy...really. 10/10

ltj559
ltj559

A very cool and crisp aquatic that is good for pretty much any occasion. This scent will make you smell like you just took a nice long swim on a hot day and are now just out of the water, fresh and clean.

Overall a great cheaper alternative to Green Irish Tweed and id recommend it to anyone that wants to smell great without spending $150+ on a bottle.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Un riquisimo aroma, fresco y veraniego, para usar durante el dia, aunque tambien las noches de calor. Un perfume para no dejar pasar la oportunidad de tenerlo. Sin duda en algun momento lo volvere a tener, es una de las fragancias mas ricas. Durabilidad entre 3 hs y 4 hs. Calificacion General 8.5/10

Jgalfano
Jgalfano

My first frag I ever bought (even though I'm still an amateur frag enthusiast). Simple, masculine, definitely transports you to the beach. Easy to wear and can easily be someones signature fragrance. The low price tag sweetens the deal even more (got my bottle for $30). I would definitely recommend this to someone who is just getting into frags, or maybe a high school kid (such as myself) trying to stray away from Axe. Very safe frag, nothing bites here. 9/10

Don't really class this as an aquatic as such depite it's freshness and name...for me it could just as easily be called 'green meadow' or something like that.
Cool Water is really nice, popular and a classic for a reason...it's a triumph of modern, masculine fragrance.

Comparsions to Green Irish Tweed are entirely valid and again I'm no snob, if it truly was on par I would be happy to slate the more expensive product.
However, the Creed really does have more depth and the nuances change throughout wearing it. That's not to say this is not a great cologne because it is... and it's a bargain too!

burgundyaltima

this is awful..this is not a replacement to Green Irish tweed sorry... so hard on my nose... Green Irish tweed is soooooooo much better than this from start to finish..

Redbeard
Redbeard

I realized that if you covered the name on my bottle of Cool Water, and erased everything I've read about it on BN from my memory, I'd be very intrigued with this scent. Maybe it should have been Cool Forest rather than Cool Water...it reminds me somewhat of Aspen, a cheapy that I like except for its minimal lifespan, but Cool Water isn't quite as short-lived. It's partly aquatic but hasn't entirely departed from more concrete plant notes. This one brings the sea to mind slightly moreso for me than a lot of the fresh-and-clean dishwater brands do, though not as much as pure aquatics like Bulgari Aqua. Also, the leather in the base is actually believable to me, unlike so many of the others. The main drawback is that there is a harshness that really slices into your nostrils if you breathe it deeply from up close. To me GIT is a sweeter and smoother green in the beginning, but turns bitter and very weak later on so it's not worth the money. Aspen, as I mentioned earlier, is cheaper than CW but gets very weak also. However, the new version of Caswell-Massey's Greenbriar is remarkably similar to Cool Water but more natural, so CW fans should look into that one as well.

kenwylde
kenwylde

This is a classic scent. Common, sure, but that's in testament to its greatness. It's pretty perfect in the warmer weather, though I find that on days when the humidity is high, the top notes aren't quite as lively, perhaps knocked down by the weight of the sultry air. This is not a negative, in my opinion, but it does seem to give the sandalwood and amber more stage time, closer to the front and center.

This is a great scent for a casual outing on a beautiful day. And by casual, I don't mean hanging around downtown by yourself in your dirty sneakers and torn jeans. By casual, I mean mimosas on the top deck, caressed by the early morning sun and the cool sea breeze and a beautiful woman nuzzling your ear, seagulls screeching, wheeling overhead, and the sure power of the inboard twins pulsing underfoot, responding as you twist the throttle and leave the shore behind.

Jeanks1
Jeanks1

I LOVE THIS STUFF. You must have shitty skin if this don't last on you cuz it last on me for hours.

ezarc
ezarc

I have been using this for a few days, its not common in my country and I have never seen it in a store and I bought it online.

To me it smells like "Grape Hubba Bubba" (grape bubble gum)

Once you get past the first minute or 2 after its applied its very pleasant.

It only lasts about 3 hours on me, I wish it would last longer but I think I will have to buy a 2nd bottle to keep in my car.

New to the world of fragrances and only have a few bottles so far and this is my favorite.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I just bought my first bottle of this today. One spray, and it instantly took me back to a particular day in the late 80's when a good friend of mine very-proudly shared with me a sniff of this new, innovative fragrance. If you were around at that time, you know exactly what I mean... and if you weren't, I'll try to tell you simply: Cool Water was very-different from anything that had come before. The scent of a splashing, blue-green fantasy had been bottled and could now be worn at whim. And A LOT of men started wearing it... and A LOT of women loved smelling it. Since its grand heyday, many many aquatic scents have been released- and I myself own a handful of what I consider the best- but respect has to be given to the first, the forever-classic, Cool Water.

In style, it retains some of the complexity of its preceding "powerhouses" (such as Polo, Aramis, etc.) and might seem "old-fashioned" to younger noses, but they should know that it ushered in what was to follow in the next two decades, and is always, in my book, the glistening bridge of sapphire-and-aquamarine between the two periods in fragrance history. I bow.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

A good summer alternative to acquatic scents. A very fresh, green, outdoorsy vibe... Kind of smells like laundry detergent but not as synthetic. The sillage and longevity is nothing to write home about, but for $10 a bottle you can't complain too much.

ImGame
ImGame

Reminds me of summer high school days. Gee they were good, when as a young man you start to learn about cologne and the wonders they can do! The compliments I got from this one, gets the attention of all the girls whenever you walk in. Wore this instead of a deodorant. 5 stars

embryoid
embryoid

Great scent for summer or all year, moderate projection and sillage getting around 4 to 6 hours active scent life, scent has very earthy and mossy undertones so picture cool water as you beside a still pond surrounded by dense and moist greenery and vegetation with beams of sunlight penetrating through the thick atmosphere along with mist hovering around you, got 4.2oz for $24.99 on sale from chemist warehouse, usually around $40 in Australia great value for money, classic scent can't go wrong, definitely a buy.

jht4060
jht4060

Since it ushered in an era of male fragrances far too dominated by aquatic and sport colognes, I would love to hate Davidoff Cool Water, but in fact I rather like it. I have tried samples of lots of aquatics but as far as I can tell you only need one and you've largely covered the genre (if you are huge aquatic fan you might want one or two more). This is the one I like best, which is very satisfying since it is also the original. An excellent warm weather scent, or really anything except a formal occasion.

The top has a nice fresh minty green note that is followed shortly by a mild ozone (the defining marine aquatic component, typically one of the synthetics Adoxal, Calone, Floralozone, or relatives), herbal, floral, spicy blend that works quite well. The base is a still somewhat aquatic off-dry wood and light musk. It is amusing that the top note vote getter on Fragrantica is marine aquatic and the bottom vote getter is Calone, since it is the Calone that is providing the marine note. Who would know what Calone smells like unless you bought a sample?

My advice is to get Cool Water so that you have the aquatic genre covered and then diversify into the wonderful range of other types of scent out there. The bafflingly huge variety of aquatics for sale has nothing to do with diversity, it has to do with cashing in on a huge market. (Tip - many are dyed blue, come in a blue bottle, or have blue in their name; and then there is Antonio Banderas Electric Blue Seduction, with a blue cap, blue dyed perfume, and blue in the name - have you got the message yet!?)

Here is what author Luca Turin says about aquatics: “a slew of apologetic, bloodless, gray, whippetlike, shivering little things that are probably impossible, and certainly pointless, to tell apart". Rather excessive, as is typical of Turin, though he has a point. But Cool Water is the original and it really is quite nice.

sussex2

I'm surprised by the recent flurry of negative reviews for this fragrance. I believed that Cool Water was one of the safest and universally liked of the classic male fragrances. The mix of soft musk and seawater with a touch of mint is one I personally love. The great scent in combination with the low price tag makes it indispensable as far as I'm concerned.

There seems to have been a similar uprising aimed at another classic, Pour un Homme de Caron. Perhaps these classics are unfashionable at the moment. I have a feeling that when the tides of fashion turn, as they must, these two will remain while many flavour-of-the-months will be washed away forever. I, for one, will continue to wear and enjoy Cool Water and Pour un Homme. I expect them to stay in production long into the future.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Took a WHILE for me to come around to this, since i tend to dislike Marine and watery clean scents.
I noticed this is the same Pierre Bourdon nose, as my ALL time favorite YSL Kouros. He really layers things beautifully.
The final dry down of this is a rich rich wonderful masculine clean mustiness. Totally worth it.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Cool Water has a potent lavender note, which really defeats the purpose of being an aquatic fragrance. The watery notes are still present but the lavender really dominates. I think Davidoff nailed it with the women's version, as I feel that the watery feel is more pronounced. Thank god I have a 40ml bottle. I will not buy this again, despite smelling decent.

Catch83
Catch83

I really like how it smells but it has longevity issues on my skin.

5 out of 10

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

Extremely overhyped.
Smells synthetic, linear and cheap.

maybe a good car/room smell.

had it, tried to like it. never enjoyed it.

very common.

from the reviews, women seem to like it but there are other alternative frags out their,

maybe pay a little extra and grab urself something that you can enjoy.

wish it was good, wanted it to be good.

4/10 :(

vitilsky
vitilsky

Davidoff fragrances are bad. Salty mint in this one.

horus11c
horus11c

I guess i am a late CW fan. Didn't get around to to wear it until now. So here are my two cents:

Awesome fragrance and truly should be labeled the Godfather of aquatics. Very nice smell and lasts 6 plus hours on my skin. For the current price you cant beat it.

The negative of CW is its popularity, every one knows it and almost every man tried it. Except me i guess. But for your date or GF she probably smelled it before. I would only use it for casual wear of if you already have that special someone and don't really care about impressing much.

In regards to the comparison with GIT. They are very similar at the beginning. the first 15 to 30 minutes you might not be able to tell the difference unless you have a very trained nose. I own both and i my wife had a hard time telling which one is which in the first 30 minutes. After that the syntactic makeup of CW shows and you can easily tell the superiority of GIT.

So i would defiantly recommend this frag to be in your arsenal. It has its uses and it is a classic and a best seller for a reason. Blind buy

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

And I, too. I cannot beleive that GIT can be rometely like CW.

Louis Ramos
Louis Ramos

How is this possible. A fragrance so old and popular.
Had read reviews like "soap air" to "can not go wrong summer evergreen".
I however succumbed to "one of the best-selling and unchanged since 1988 All time best seller". With a huge "longitivity" .
Saw an offer last week: Aftershave and EDT, 75 ml each for 43 euros. Since I was still looking for (next) summer for a nice fragrance beside my Cartier Roadster (for special occasions) and Joop Jump for everyday, I ordered this set.
Well I had a sample in the car but my daughter has used it on our puppy Gino who had jumped into the pond, before I had the chance to try it. But the association with seawater, the upcoming holiday in Portugal and the price made me purchase it .
Then the next day the package (big box) arrived, and I sprayed the EDT on my hand.
The air that I smelled was not at all Toilet spray: Recently we use Ambi Pur.
The only association that I can detect with water is the water that we do in a bucket along with a dash of Ajax, to mop the floors.
And what that long sustainability conserns: that's right. Unfortunately. Smoke it 7 hours later just as bad. Until after showering, when I finally got rid of it. But not that beautiful gift box with two bottles of it and Paul Walker .
Well, that will have to be compensate with a cheaper summer air. Have heard that 4711 is still one of the best and that for 8 Euri.

In the meanwhile I have sprayed it both before running. Hoped it would help compensate my sweat.
It actually caused me nausea.
Oh well, we will use it as a substitute for Ajax.

rajeevdr
rajeevdr

If you are new to perfume world, this one would be a good start to feel fresh. Welcome to the world of perfume.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I recently added this classic to my collection.I bought this in the gift set 125ml with 75ml aftershave for £25 which I thought was a pretty decent buy. To be fair I think the great value is the only real thing driving this fragrances high sales.

I think this is a great fragrance and all but I am slightly surprised as to why its still so popular other than the price. It is advertised as a marine aquatic kind of fragrance but for me I dont really get anything aquatic or marine like. This is more of a really fresh clean safe fragrance.

In the opening I get a really really nice burst of mint and green notes. Very natural and nice but sadly only lasts a few seconds before going into a blast of lavender. The lavender is kind of like a cleaning product but not quite-just nice, clean and fresh. The fragrance mellows down and settles into a nice salty base that reminds of a salty sea breeze.

Lasts about 6 hours is moderate projection, highly wearable on many occasions. Exceptional value and would recommend for anyone 20+ more reviews at mrproductreview.com

LanceDior
LanceDior

My first bottle of cologne :) Even with all the colognes I now have in my collection (some of which I think smell better, e.g. Bleu de Chanel) none seems to have the unique effect that cool water has. I wore this cologne with my first serious gf when I was sixteen and she absolutely adored it and said she could always smell it on herself after being with me. However, that is not the effect of which I speak. I'm surprised not to have noticed this with louder, sweeter colognes like le Male, the dreamer, A*men, but if I wear this on the bus people will look over and smile at me. If I wear it at work people touch me and laugh at my jokes more. The amazingly attractI've girl who I work with sometimes gave me a real great compliment on this. She said it makes me seem more professional and manly than the people that don't wear colognes, and it leaves a real impression. Like we talk about perfumes all the time, and I was wearing Dior Homme when I first met this girl, but I could tell she was waaaaay more interested in CW. Which was surprising because where I live it was a real challenge to come by a bottle of DH. Nonetheless, there is something about this scent that people respond to, or maybe it's the way it mixes with my skin (I get this real creamy quality to it) but this bottle aint goin' anywhere :D

said.mubarok.96
said.mubarok.96

Love the scent on my skin , so sexy and masculine.
I can`t stop wearing this frag anytime.
Cw addictive ....

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

On me it's all aquatic with spices and a hint of mint every now and then. A sweet spicy aquatic. It's kind of synthetic and made my nose tickle.

Moderate sillage, decent longevity (I'm talking about 7-9 hours out of this).
Plus it's easily accessible and cheap. .

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

As others have noted, Cool Water is a fresh, cool scent that I think can credibly be called a classic, and that is intended as a compliment, not passing it off as being dated. It's light enough for daytime use, and women seem to respond positively to it. However, Cool Water is not in any way a distinct scent: it has been copied repeatedly since its inception. Some reviews have used terms like "generic" but that's kind of a disservice, since Cool Water is the original: the copycats deserve the "generic" label.

Cool Water is an excellent recommendation for guys who are reluctant users of colognes, because it's never overpowering, and yet comes across as being high quality and not cheap. Women looking to encourage their men to start wearing scents should consider this as a gift that will likely help that happen.

Sillage is fairly strong, yet the scent itself is not (if that makes sense). Longevity is pretty good as well. The scent can sort of be described as "old-school", except that when Cool Water came out it was very much a new mens' scent, in that it presented light, aromatic and aqua elements at a time when most of the mainstream products emphasized woody, musky notes.

Cool Water won't blow anyone away initially; its strength and intrigue lies in the drydown. The first 15 minutes are pleasant and fresh, but after an hour Cool Water's character comes to the fore, and Cool Water transforms into more of an aromatic fougere. It's one of the harder scents to describe, or at least I struggle to find the identity of primary ingredients. Suffice to say that Cool Water is a classy, understated and elegant product. Wisely, Davidoff has not messed around with the formula. They have made a number of their own clone versions, but stick with the original and you won't regret it.

eshauls11
eshauls11

I like it but my girlfriend can't get enough of it. she thinks its the perfect combination of clean and masculine. i find it very pleasant and nice for warmer days and evenings but i find myself wearing it more often because of the amazing reaction i get from my girlfriend. also it used to be very popular but is being phased out which makes it ok to wear because you won't smell like everyone else

dmirror
dmirror

Cool water is a timeless classic you cannot go wrong with this scent I've been wearing this since H.S. and it never gets old or played out still gets me plenty of compliments this is a smooth fragrance best aquatic better than aqua di gio i like and own that too but cool water is better it gets me more compliments even dudes will stop me and ask whats the name of my cologne

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

The Water may be Cool, but I'm lukewarm. It is commonly said that Cool Water was such a popular and successful scent, that companies began to mimic it in their cleaning products, detergents, air fresheners, etc. Before I purchased it (blind buy, after all it's considered a "classic"), I disregarded those comments as nothing more than people trying to tear down a wildly popular fragrance. I am not a guy who has friends who wear cologne. I am the only one. So it didn't scare me nor does it scare me to buy these mainstream fragrances that "everyone" seems to be wearing (yet I rarely ever smell). Incidentally, I have smelled Cool Water on two different strangers on two separate occasions, but I only noticed because I finally owned it for myself.

Whether or not those companies truly did try to mimic the scent is beyond me. The curse of CW, however, is that it actually, really, truly does smell like laundry detergent. It smells like fresh-out-of-the-dryer clothes. It smells like something you could spritz into the air and no one would bat a lash--they would make mention of how nice it smells, though. Cool Water has garnered more compliments for me than any of my other colognes. It is undeniable that many women adore it. I don't like it, personally. This is coming from a man who doesn't care if a fragrance is "overexposed", but this scent was indeed destroyed by its own popularity. It smells like too many other things, even though it's [supposedly] those other things that smell like it!

iLikeColognes
iLikeColognes

Snoop Dogg:"I got the Johnson baby powder and Cool Water cologne".
Enough Said.

kikiena01
kikiena01

Masterpiece. My absolute favorite when it comes to mens perfume. I have never came across such an amazing perfume. My boyfriend uses this frangrance and I can not get enough smelling it on his skin. It is so amazingly sexy and masculine aquatic scent!!!

I don't really like the opening notes (sharp and loud), but when it settles into the skin, it's a beautiful symphony for my nose.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

hadrian
hadrian

The good old CW is - in our modern times - the father & the mother of all aquatic scents.
Back in 1989-90, it was a top seller perfume in Europe - especially in Germany. In the french-speacking part of Canada (ie Quebec), in 1995, it was a hit amoung the students.
Cool Water remains a wonderful fragrance. It is a piece of history, no matter you like it or not.
Given the fact that CW was part of me - as a signature odour - for so many years, I haven't the pretension to give an objective opinion.
Cool Water is still great. Excellent for the spring, magnificent for the summer.
A genuine 9+/10

ruchitdave23
ruchitdave23

good clean aquatic scent .......bt now it just lacks the wow factor .....its too generic ,And wil give you what you want from it but it will not surprise and charm you ......
i would suggest it to some teen as a start off step into the world of fragrances

my girlfriend gifted it to me recently .......i wear it occasionally ......makes her feel good ..lol.

but lastly i would also like to say that its very hard to hate this scent .......cause its so cheery and happy.
very pure innocent scent . overall 7/10

kn_86
kn_86

Possibly my first ever scent in the early 90s. My cousin (female) was obsessed with this marine synthetic elixir and she wore it to Catholic School almost everyday. She would dab some of its juice behind my ears and the scent would last til school ended.

We lived in the Philippines where humidity was all too apparent making Cool Water's fresh aroma mixing well with my humidity-laden skin chemistry. Interestingly enough, Cool Water smells almost quite devilishly sexy when you happen to be near a petrol station. Cool Water can be so dirty; which makes it such a sexy unisex scent.

ferdirizky
ferdirizky

smells like a rexona ice cool,

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

Classic scent, get's compliments. No it is not as refined as Green Irish Tweed and does smell more synthetic than Creed but the scent is solid. I'm a Creed fan but not a nose snob. This scent get's compliments, smells nice and for the price it's a winner.

UPDATE: Today after I made this review I did a little experiment and placed a sample of Cool and Green Irish Tweed on cards and checked them several times over a few hours. The initial opening was kind of close but the GIT stayed more organic scented as Cool Water was more synthetic. As they both hit the heart notes they smell much different from each other to me. Both still good though. At this point I still give GIT the win, but Cool Water is still a great. In the heart notes they are completely different....in my opinion and my anyway.

Kaleide
Kaleide

Tried this on after gearing that the men's version is much better than the women's. First 5 minutes, if not more, was horrendous. Smelled like toilet cleaning gel. Not kidding, just like Domestos. After that, it became increasingly enjoyable. I can see why CW has a strong fan base - you can't go wrong with this one.

Still, it's too much 'dude' in it for it to work for me. Shame! The women's edition was a disappointment. Good first 30 minutes, then gone.

ph4tk0nt0ll3r
ph4tk0nt0ll3r

Good old cool water. my signiture frag for over 10 years. universally loved by all. Can't go wrong with this

sussex2

Takes me back to days of surfing during the mid summer months. Throwing my dripping wet suit onto the back seat of the car. Wet sandy towels and sweet surf board wax. Driving away and feeling the breeze pouring through the open window prickling my salty skin.

Meadowberg
Meadowberg

The scent is strong and long-lasting, but not in an over-powering or musky way. It's gorgeously fresh, masculine and addictive.
It is not remotely cheap, but you pay for both quality and the brand name so I would still rate it highly for value.

kambelz
kambelz

Obviously it's a classic. Smells a little out dated but fresh enough for anybody to pull off. From middle school to retirement, you can wear it and not be out of place. You can also wear it at the gym all the way to wearing it in a suit.

To compare to GIT, Cool Water is a little fresher. You get a little bit of a lemony cleaner smell at the beginning as opposed to GIT which has a more authentic lemon verbena in the opening. This is also a lot more marine smelling than GIT. To be honest, all the notes in Cool Water are very synthetic, so it's hard to break down every single note and it's placement in the fragrance. I definitely can see all the notes being in there in the note break down, but that all kind of blend together. All I can tell you is that is smells awesomely fresh and it will get you compliments.

zbansingh

I dont know anything about notes or stuff like that.
All i can say about this is it smells really good, kind of salty and goes well with the scent of cigarettes, so if youre a smoker get this cologne.
Women love it too, and its relatively cheap compared to most fragrances.
Can be worn by any age and gender I think, but it is more masculine than feminine.

All in all This scent works well in any setting, day or night.

2 thumbs up from me.

zbansingh

I dont know anything about notes or stuff like that.
Women love it too, and its relatively cheap compared to most fragrances.

All in all This scent works well in any setting, day or night.

2 thumbs up from me.

mvhooper2

How the F is this outdated or unwearable?prob the most complimented i wear by women ages 17-60+ .

karlovonamesti

Review of the older "Lancaster" formulation:

The opening of this version is busier and louder than the newer Coty formula, with intense lavender, mint, and tobacco notes all crowding each other and vying for attention. Indeed, they coalesce into a rich accord than is quite a bit Green Irish Tweedy, although ultimately smells like Cool Water in need of stress release. The mint note is significantly more prominent here than in Coty's, but the drydown comes sooner, and as MrMookie pointed out, smells a touch "skunky." I don't think Lancaster's formula smells more natural than Coty's, nor do I believe it smells significantly different beyond slightly different proportions to the crab apple (almost undetectable in the vintage) and mint, and perhaps a different concentration. Lancaster's smells stronger at first than Coty's, and maintains its strength. Vintage Cool Water smells fine, but I prefer the new stuff. It just smells better, has more distinct phases, a more legible crab apple accord, and seems to have a more realistic lavender note. Go figure.

I also notice something interesting with Lancaster vs. Coty. In the older version, when you hold your wrist up to your nose and breathe on it, you get almost no depth or substance, just a flat, grey, funky, cluttered mess. When you hold the Coty version up to your wrist and breathe on it, you get this gorgeous separation between the apple, lavender, and amber, which seems unlikely given how much quieter Coty's formula is. But I suspect Coty is using higher quality aroma chemicals than Davidoff's original manufacturer did. It's almost counter-intuitive because you'd think Lancaster would have had Pierre Bourdon's recipe fresh off the press, and indeed they did, but someone at Coty must have "remixed" the recipe and enhanced the depth - the new version comes across as being 3D, while the original smells fuzzier and denser from a distance, and like nothing at all up close. Again, go figure.

MrMookie

Yesterday i had this old reformulation (with both davidoff and coolwater in italic) and i really like the top and mid of the older scent. The beginning is more creamy and special then the new formulation. ( as in the new its more synthetic)
But what i disike (still) is the very base of the older formulation. It gets to me a little bit skunky smelling.

I really try to like it again after years but im not that fan anymore.
Again for me ... been there, done that so much more good aromatic ocean scents to explore.

For 1988 this was a masterpiece and it still is a classic piece of art but in my humble opinion not wearable anymore.

Neophate
Neophate

Pain no lun aeho jai scent di maa di phudi bannan walaain de, pain chudan haram de tatoon per lagao yeh scent. mean Just a classic aromatic fougere. Men's fragrances really don't become dated because (1) most guy's don't wear them anyway, and (2) men (your humble narrator excepted) don't really want to shop for more than one anyway. When guys I hang out with come over and see the raft of multicolored bottles on my dresser there's a lot of embarassment (theirs, not mine), throat clearing, and/or gay jokes. Unless the guys are my gay friends. Even they get put off by my enthusiasm. I still can't bring myself to buy that goddamn Gaultier Le Male. I don't feel like looking at a nude male torso every morning; I can just about stomach my own and that's it! Anyway, this is a bargain (around $20 - 25.00 US), available everywhere. Ladies, may I suggest this of Lauder's Beyond Paradise Men as a gift for that man you want to give a scent to - theyre both solidly manly and smell really good and not cheap.

fazilsmr
fazilsmr

Haha. I have to agree with you. Hospital plus medicine..

lennard.groenendijk
lennard.groenendijk

Does anyone else get a hospital like smell in the top notes?

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I can vividly remember the first time I smelled Cool Water...I was 16 (17 years ago), driving as a passenger in my friends mustang going to the movies. The extreme clean, aquatic, floral notes captured my attention. The image he projected was powerful and rich. It is hard to explain but at that moment I envied him, not necessarily because of his fancy car, but because of the image he portrayed...and at that point, I fell in love with Cool Water..True Story..

leleee
leleee

I like this at the first place, Then i was hanging out with my girlfriend once and had this on, she said i smell like her dog back at her father's house...
I liked it and i recommend it.

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

There is a note in the heart that strongly reminds me of paste (glue), like the thick chucky kind the teacher would give us for art projects in 3rd grade. Obviously, it is just me who smells glue in this fragrance. I can't imagine that Davidoff would sell too many bottles if Cool Water if it made everyone feel like they were in 3rd grade art class.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A Luca Turin five star masterpiece, and for good reason. It's well named: I have never smelled anything so redolent of the ocean - the marine base is very evocative. Also, I can detect the mint. Very nice! My wife likes it, too, although it's not her favorite.

This is kind of a young guy scent, but I might consider it for the hot weather months.

mrs2241
mrs2241

یادش به خیر...مهر ماه 79 بود که با دانهیل دیزایر اومد تو بازار ایران و جفتشون خیلی زود جوات شدن...

merezvan
merezvan

این شاهکار از دیویدف بیشتر بوی اقیانوسی داره اولین بار توی یه فروشگاه تو المان حدود 7 سال قبل 30 یورو خریدمش اما بیشتر به سلیقه شرقی نزدیکه و تو ایران مخصوصا تابسون گرم و خشک حس خوبی بهت میده اگه خواستین ادکلن خنک بگیرین حتما یه تستی بزنین اما بعد از مدتی رایحش خستون میکنه چرا؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟ نمیدونم
وممکن مدتی اصلا طرفش نرین.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne reminds me lavender. This is suitable for casual wearing, drinking bar & summer night.This is one of the best Aqua cologne for me.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A really pleasant and versatile men's fragrance. It's a lovely fresh spicy scent and you could spray this on anytime. Cool Water is an excellent masculine scent and you can't really go wrong with this. It really is a men's classic.

Daltonyio
Daltonyio

I swear im the only one who gets a heavy dose of pepper in this fragrance

daisyfresh
daisyfresh

I tried this in the warehouse, so it may have been off, but it smelled ok initially, and eventually ended up smelling like a sewage plant on my skin. I scrubbed and scrubbed but alas, almost obtained a migraine from this disgusting mixture applied to my skin. Lasted forever, what a fail.

kitti90
kitti90

i got an absurd but great tip here: put on some A*men. wait about an hour. then apply coolwater where u put on your A*men.

the coolwater blends in with the A*men and just adds a bit of freshness to it. amazing

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

During rating this fragrance I realised this site doesnt actually give you the option of 'neutral'. I dont like this fragrance but I sure do not dislike it. A strong smell that does last plenty of hours but you constantly feel as though you just came out of a salty site. Kind of reminds of those days back in Primary School when you would line up to get into the swimming pool just before diving right in. But yes I got bored of this one within a month or two and was so happy when it was finished!

giedriusva
giedriusva

I think I have not seen any other fragrance more often on sale than this one. Not without a reason.

7 male
7 male

cool water represents youthful frivolity..so its amazing in some period,it brings you happy life memories with spontaneity after ..but i'll always feel young so i'll always like cool water!

Sillage:5/10

very weak cologne.

kenney77

Amazing cologne very clean and fresh I use it all the time one of my favorites

krayonkid
krayonkid

The first time I put Cool water on, I was quite
dissapointed. Although I have read the reviews numerous times, I honestly expected something aquatic in the general sense of breezy, light and fresh. But I decided to not decide so harshly on the first application.

This is my 3rd time I have it on, and I must say, I'm growing to like it. It's not quite aquatic, but it is summery, in a very summer house by the lake kind of way.
The tobacco is very prominent although not as smothering as it is in CK Shock for him. It has a very soapy, synthetic aroma, although not unpleasant, reminds me of those old spice soap and brushes your father used to shave with.

It is long lasting though, Applied it 9 hours ago and I can still smell it prominently, although it radiates only moderately.

I would say this can go through as a date scent & an office scent. I am slowly but surely starting to love this perfume. it certainly is a grower

cologne is weak. 4 stars out of 10

frangellan
frangellan

@anonymouse....excellent and entertaining review!

3gecos
3gecos

It's quite funny how for some reviewers Cool Water's scent it is outdated but Creed GIT's it is not(although most of the people doesn't smell the difference).For me Cool water still is more modern it has more character than many of the today generic citrusy appearances,the only problem that i have with it is the longevity factor!In the 90's with the 3,4 sprays you where set for 6-8 hours easily,now even my aftershave have better longevity than it!

Anonymouse
Anonymouse

My eighth grade year was distinguished by several memorable events. My first girlfriend, Jurassic Park in theaters, and the great cologne wars of Edna Hill Middle School. The superpowers were the Cool Water faction and the Aspen collective. Usurpers and smaller bands of Preferred Stock, and Gravity adherents were to be found but this was truly a battle of Fougeres. Blue and green.

Our homerooms were awash in the oversprayed underwashed masses of boys on the verge of adolescence with teachers and the young sunflower drenched girls as our casualties.

Aspen in its mighty mint green apple opening and lavender heart was such an easy one to enjoy. Not to be outdone the marine coolness and lavender top notes of cool water smelled refreshing as a drink on a hot day.

Our battlegrounds, I like to believe smelled as the Creed lab that created Green Irish Tweed would have before its perfection.

I, Union aficionado that I am, wore the blue. I believed that Cool Water was simply more interesting to smell.

After middle school I denied Cool Water as Peter did Jesus. I thought it cheap and outdated, unwilling to be associated with such a fragrance I denounced it roundly. 20 odd years later, while in law school, I finally came home.

While cologne shopping with my girlfriend I saw the simple blue bottle and black cap at the Macy's counter and thought for old times sake I would give it a sniff. And there I stood transplanted to the heart of the nineties remembering why I enjoyed fragrances to begin with. Because it is the piece of clothing that when it fits, is the most proper of all. I smelled summer time and I smelled refreshment.

I love Cool Water because of the memories, I love it because of it's simple message, most of all I love it because it smells nice.

p.s. being cheap doesn't hurt either.

p.p.s. Fragrantica please add Aspen to you directory.

Gabe D.L.
Gabe D.L.

In my opinion! This brand should stop to make a fragrance like Cool Water!! It´s, pure synthetic notes, old fashioned, ordinary, simple and makes you get tired of it easily! Never would buy it again, I regret.

12.jain.rahul
12.jain.rahul

very clean and fresh fragrance but not long lasting.

Kreeith12
Kreeith12

I like it its good and fresh i think its good. I want all of the Davidoffs in the world and i just got cool water. Its a good one if you don't have it,its a good one. :)

Lushylori
Lushylori

I really enjoy this scent.
Its very aquatic smelling to my nose and blended with spiciness and woodiness.
Its a very manly scent and men can buy this at a great price as well.
I just bought my son a box set tonight and i'm sampling a small spray of it on my wrist right now and all i have to say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
I remember years ago when Cool water for men first came out,My girl friends and I used to crush out hard on the Cool water model and we loved the commercial of him jumping out of the water with his sexy torso hahaha
We used to also rip out all the Ads in our magazines of him and hang them on our bedroom wall.
I really like this scent for men so all you men should go get yourselves some of this for casual manly days ;)

Marcel
Marcel

Maybe the first really aquatic fragrance I used in the early nineties. It still smells great to me, although a bit dated. It's very linear, simple, fresh, honest and everybody likes it.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

I find this boring and cheap now. Because many cheap colognes (which no one would ever remember their name for 2nd time) smells exactly like this!

Would never, ever buy this. But i was happy i wore it in the late 90s, coz it was popular back then ;) hehe

Mattybono

Since the early 90's I tried several times to like this one. Received several bottles as gifts over the years. Gave every one of them away. Sorry folks but as far as I'm concerned, Cool Water is nothing but a synthetic-smelling headache!

aeo005
aeo005

I so wanted to love this since it's a classic and has been since 1988.....but I don't love it. I will give credit where credit is due:

It is very fresh and aquatic and definitely clean smelling. The problem is, the "clean" scent in this is too literal. It smells like soap to me. Kind of like a detergent.

It isn't for everyone.

word-doctor
word-doctor

Saw this for $15 and decided to try an acknowledged classic. Very much (normally) not my kind of frag. But I do live in a very hot/humid climate and confess that my beloved bombs (Azzaro PH, Quorum) create storms around me for much of the year--like a gold-chained, chest baring Pig Pen (Peanuts, not Grateful Dead).

CW does smell nice. Not as nice as GIT--too synthetic--but more than a passing similarity. I get the green accords, which to me are melon-like and not particularly enticing.

What I don't get, and what I miss, is the sea water. I spend an awful lot of time fishing open water from a kayak. While CW has a fresh, aquatic note, it lacks any bitter, salty or seaweed element. I need that counterpoint to wear this regularly. Bvlgari Soir has many of the same soft floralities present in CW, but it also has that Bv tea note to add a little bitterness and astringency.

One of my teenage sons will wear this and I may try it occasionally, but quiero mas macho.

Sillage: 5/10

stievenko
stievenko

I bought Cool Water because it was on sale 50% off and it was a deal I couldn't resist.

Since so many people are praising this fragrance I wanted to try it out myself and guess what?
I actually like it. A lot! This is a fragrance you want to use on a hot day or when you go to the gym.
It gives you a fresh, cool feeling and my gf loves this!

There is only one big problem with it, absolutely no silage/projection.
I can smell it on my skin for 3-6 hours (on cool days so I will have to retry in the summer) which isn't that bad for a watery-type of fragrance but nobody will notice I have it on.

As much as I agree with the idea that you should wear a fragrance to comfort yourself in the first place I don't like to pay for a scent I can easily reproduce showering with an regular showergel.

Good classic and great value for money but there are many others out there which will do a lot better nowadays...

Projection/silage: 3/10
Overal: 5/10

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

attention all men not wanting to smell like all the other male fish in the "cool" water: cool water woman is your answer. be bold and wear the teardrop bottle, you will love it!!

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

A very refreshing summer scent... A timeless aquatic bomb. This classic scent, still is between my favorite Aqua scents even though it is shadowed now by EA aqua di gio and bulgari aqua!

dhfallon
dhfallon

One of my favorites on a man! Fresh, masculine, classic, yum. I can always pick this scent out in a crowd!

mrfume
mrfume

A legend in its own right , a trend setter!!!God knows how many times it has been reformulated and how many flankers are out there, hmm but still i see it standing the test of time.Coming from a time where heavy musky giants ruled the roost fragrances like Fahrenheit , cool water, GIT were total game changers,not that they smell anything like each other, but these guys were setting the trend. To me cool water is a fresh and a floral aquatic which is liked by almost every body including me.Compared to those times now there are a 100 more unique aquatic options to go with but it still winds up in a top 10 or top whatever list of a first time buyer of aquatics and only after you sniff would you really know if its for you or not, i think its a good starting out point if you're just starting to get into aquatics. For me its super casual and can almost be used anytime in the hot summer.Liking or hating a fragrance is totally a personal choice but if you're getting into aquatics or a first time aqua man and have heard about it but not sniffed it yet sniff this commercial magnet just for sniff's sakes:D.

5.5*/10*

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Stands alone! .... Well maybe on the right side of Green Irish Tweed. Although I'd have to say I prefer cool water's base/ dry down. Will always use in rotation!

raffy1925
raffy1925

this one smells like Formalin mix with cologne

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

I think this would be a perfect scent to smell off a guy on really hot days, I feel like a simple scent like this is attractively refreshing. I approve =)

neri
neri

Como alguém pode não gostar desse aqui!!!! O melhor perfume de notas aquáticas entre muitos. Aqui no Brasil O Boticário BANALIZOU essa fragrância copiando-a para o seu "QUASAR", mas Davidoff cool water ainda ganha em fixação e projeção.O preço também é ótimo, o que torna ainda mais fácil a compra do original. Luminoso, diurno, vai bem em qualquer ocasião e em qualquer idade. Um ótimo presente e uma compra no escuro sem arrependimentos.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

One of Davidoff masterpieces , Summer fragrance , last long , all ages.

black_and_red
black_and_red

Along with fragrances like Joop, Safari, Jazz and Eternity, this is pure early 90s to me. It does smell a bit generic these days, in that there are now so many men's fragrances which smell very similar, and it's widely available/less expensive/widely used which might make it seem less desirable. But I think it can still be considered still a classic.

naizar.joguh
naizar.joguh

minggu hadapan saya nak beli

yogaboxer
yogaboxer

2nd best frag money can buy. Started out with a $15 bottle from Walmart. If you don't own this buy it, you cant spend less money on a better scent. Seriously

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I love this smell so much!! It's the perfect aquatic scent for any guy! I almost wanted to wear it and I'm a woman lol

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

I cant understand why sooooo many people like and praise this perfume!Its the most generic scent that almost all mens frag have.Nothing special to make it special.
Hot water on the other hand is totally awsome and sexy
That one simply doesn't stand out
Overall score 4/10

samatl74
samatl74

This is a classic cologne that brings back some great memories. It has a comforting smell to it that is crisp and blue with beautiful lavender. As most of you know that this was a knockoff of Creeds Green Irish Tweed. It does vibe very similar to it. GIT drys down to a natural earthy mossy scent while Cool Water drys to a synthetic (in A GOOD way) clean, soapy, fresh scent. I love this cologne and girls love this frag as well. It's def a classic smell but a scent I think will stand the test of time. I actually prefer this smell to GIT (I know that sounds blasphemy) because it has a nice long rich staying power (at least on my skin) and the cost factor. Lot of people wear it yes, but its a great scent and thats why.

nishantvpatel
nishantvpatel

Commonman's review:
Initial: Mild initially. I liked the initial blast of fresh smell, which lasted about 10-15 mins.
Middle (30 mins): It smells quite strong and full, but turns a bit soapy and bit sharp on my nose. Though it gives a "fresh feeling".
Dry Down (6 hours): Leaves behind a still strong, acqua type of fresh smell, which is quite pelasent but still a bit like soap.
Overall: Though the smell is good, it is a bit too edgy. It is not so sophisticated and a little bit "on the face". Not much of my types.
Usage: Informal evenings, loud parties and maybe the initial romantic occassions
Note: They have two versions - an EDT and a Deoderant. Though the bottles and everything look similar, there is a difference in price: The EDT is more than twice the price of the deo. So I asked the guy at Lifestyle store about the difference. He says, the EDT can be used only at the pulse points (forearms and neck), whereas the deo can be sprayed anywhere like under arms, and on clothing. The exact difference, is however the concentration of the juice vs. the alcohol. EDT is obviously more concentrated.

mkpiyengar
mkpiyengar

Reminds me of Aspen from the house of Coty. Why is there much hype for this perfume. Seems to me that it is highly overrated and more of marketing gimmick.
Cheers
MKP

Mindkung06
Mindkung06

Smells very clean n fresh. everyday scent. RECOMMEND!! this one is an exellent perfume. You'll not disappoint with it.

allan0921
allan0921

Used this when i was a kid. Beware, it magnets girls.

pna66
pna66

First impression on me was that it reminds me of Aspen by coty(a cheap cologne) only feels less synthetic and soapy. But I seem to like it. Its green soapy and aquatic for me and feels pleasant and very refreshing. dries down to some kind of spicy woody base.
Its a blind buy...

Blutengel

Yes, it's a very common scent. But so is soap. Use it and you will smell good. There are not too many men around wearing fragrances, so you'll be unique anyway.

jogjeff
jogjeff

The opening notes was fresh and great.
but the drydown makes me dizzy, it's very very coriander for me... no thanks

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

I wonder what all the fuss is about! It's definitely overrated... The opening note is ok but the dry-down has this unbearable sweaty/urinal smell that sticks on your skin for hours. I can't stand it.

camposg
camposg

Do not think about buying this. Just do it!! Blind buy this. This amazing fragrance came to stay. It's not going anywhere. I will always wear this with pride. One of the few cologne for men you will ever need

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

My brother in law have this one it's. Smell wonderful I just wouldn't but it on myself I would like to smell unique every way I could

Cwalker97
Cwalker97

I loved the scent of this in the bottle and on the test strips, but when I tried it on my skin I had a horrible reaction with it. The smell went from amazing to something that reminded me of burnt pasta. However, if I wouldnt have had a bad reaction, it would have been a definite buy. It has a different air to it than other aquatic scents. It's a lot less fruity and more masculine.

NHIndian24
NHIndian24

Honestly, I'm a hater of aquatics, but I really like Cool Water. Unlike most other aquatics, this one lacks the fruits and over-use of citrus that almost every aquatic has. I don't like fruity or floral notes, which is why I don't like most aquatics. And disregard what everyone says about sillage and longevity, a friend of mine wears this, and I can smell him from 4 feet away when he wears it, And longevity lasts about 7-8 hours. What most people don't understand about cologne and perfume is that you get used to the smell of it after a while and can no longer smell it, but other people are still able to smell it. It is a bit synthetic, but what cologne isn't nowadays? Give it a chance, it's one of the few great aquatics out there.

jade blades
jade blades

Sorry, but for me smells like a cheap drug (diazepam)

orestes
orestes

Good fragrance but unfortunately reformulated......

tarus
tarus

As usual ZERo projection. (Note o in ZERo ,so as it got minute projection)
Such kind of projections is Davidoff’s signature and people who bought such stuff says, it sticks to skin, its romantic, bla..bla...bla
We wear perfume for other's nose not for our nose all the time.
Though base note of this perfume is sea water and very good high notes.

For this perfume one need not to dig your skin by her nose but must rub her nose to notice the perfume.

In my opinion accept happily if someone gifts you this perfume but in return do give "how to choose best perfume" lessons to that person

Ganz77
Ganz77

I was a little worried about saying I liked this. I thought many would be putting it in the 'old spice' bracket. But it is a classic. Clean , fresh , and summery. It just works in the summer.

mhalo.sophia
mhalo.sophia

very fresh... but it isnt unique.i lov it though

Ultra.Black7

پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبی داره
برای استفاده روزانه تو تابستون عالیه

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Green, fresh, aquatic and highly versatile. Lasts long and projects well.

A classic in my eyes. One of my favorites of all time. For the price, there is no reason why you shouldn't own it.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Cool water is #2 cologne of my collection, gets so many compliments. This fragrance is EVERYWHERE and wont break ya piggy bank, very affordable. Gotta keep a bottle of this at all times, very masculine and crisp

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

On my husband this just smells hot... Love it

Epichicken

Okay well my girlfriend says, "It smells warm and reminds me of the color orange"
so much for the water theme lol but she loves this stuff and doesnt let me wear anything else

Epichicken

I decided to buy this relatively cheap fragrance after reading many reviews. It is completely worth it. A little alcoholic opening but after 10 minutes you can smell the wonderful sea water note, as well as some minty florals, but the watery note remains dominant always. Later it dries down a little bit sweet on my skin, I get all of the woody musky stuff but that amber gives it a very nice touch. And I smell no tobacco. Maybe thats a good thing :) The one problem I had with this cologne is the longevity, after 5 hours or so it fades to a skin scent.

reyjasson
reyjasson

This was my Dad's signature scent, and I loved how it smells like a gush of fresh ocean breeze and cool icy water.

Back when I was still on my 5th grade, I went to a school event and Mom sprayed this on me. I felt excited at first, but being the youngster I was back then, I felt nauseated, about to faint due to the intensity of the fragrance actually. DEFINITELY NOT YOUR KIDS' EVERYDAY PERFUME.

Years later and I found myself hooked to this fragrance, and I was in High School then. I loved how it sparks up energy, confidence and freshness. Definitely a man's perfect weapon for everyday use. It's fresh, summery yet cool and confident at the same time! :)

akhtarf1
akhtarf1

i love davidoff perfume but in malaysia its so expensive

Sniffster
Sniffster

I think this is a classic scent, not meant for young chaps as it has been around a long time & smells very mature. Someone gave this to me as a gift & I found it unappealing/too strong of an alcohol smell. I now use it to spray my car's interior & drive away with the windows down for the first 2 minutes.
It does the trick.

garett
garett

It is good , stays all day, feels like oceanic aura around me and watery feeling like i am jumping in a sea , but still not very elegant and uncommon , somehow gives me that axe deo feeling too.

warlord_776
warlord_776

Still is, and will forever remain a classic in my collection.

Nicely
Nicely

nice classic, not the best projector not the best smell. but it is what it is, fresh clean, deep romantic.

Longevity: 7
Projection: 6
scent: 7
uniqueness: 7
- Nice summer scent.

smellitivity
smellitivity

Clean and fresh without compromise, but also (in a way) warm.

Even if it's in a small bottle, to be sprayed once in a while, I think this one should be part of the perfume wardrobe of every guy, no matter if he's at his first fragrance or a seasoned perfumista.

TravelAge
TravelAge

Green Irish Tweed by creed has no tobacco note, that's the only difference!!

ijoezel
ijoezel

guys. . . THIS IS WHAT FRESH IS!!!

update: Nov. 05, 2012:
this is what fresh metallic scent with hints of lavender and mint and aquatic note is ^_^

mvhooper2

clean and fresh and a bit sweet, but also deep and woodsy at the same time.Conveys not only a fun nature, but maturity as well. I dont understand how anyone could ever badmouth this. Dosnt smell a thing like a common household product. BTW even though its a popular fragrance no one has ever been like OMG thats coolwater! only, Oh you smell good! smells like the ocean on the drydown

I think this may have been reformulated a bit. I have an older bottle which smells a bit deeper and smoother....the newer one is a bit more fresh/ powdery

maqamess
maqamess

like this fragrance, Great fresh scent.

shycosid
shycosid

AMAZING you can never goo wrong with this one it make you smell like fresh life

benjililin
benjililin

Opening is identical to GIT, literally identical. But nevertheless, this is a pretty linear fragrance. Great fragrance for the price!

yella_light
yella_light

A very classic fragrance. A cheap alternative to Creed Green Irish Tweed. However, this scent is quite linear. Creed goes a different direction with it's dry down.
Creed is still better.
Because of it's similarities, I would rather buy Cool Water for daily use. If I want to wear something for special occasions, then I'd go with Creed.
Cool Water did a great job marketing this product and making it affordable for all guys for all ages.
You can blind buy this and not regret it.
(3-4 sprays max)

Smell: 4 stars
Overall: 4 stars

Xanovia
Xanovia

It's pretty obvious that Cool Water was created to be a clone of Creed's Green Irish Tweed coming out only a few years after GIT was introduced. It's obvious why someone would want to clone GIT as it is wonderful stuff. Cool Water is VERY close to GIT but the dry down is differant and it does smell a bit 'synthetic'. So many people have this stuff though to the point that when you are wearing GIT they sometimes ask if you are wearing Cool Water and that just hurts the soul. ^_^ Cool Water is a great scent at a great price but because of how common it is there is a chance you might smell like someone else. Again, GIT is better because of the wonderful Creed dry down but because the overall scent is so common I won't be buying either any time soon though they do smell good.
---
07/26/13 Update: Had been over a year w/o GIT and I missed it so much I had to buy another bottle in June '13... Sniffing GIT and CW side by side they seem less alike to me now... I mean the vibe of CW is still there but holy hell GIT is off the charts better... Perhaps it's a batch thing (I have a '12 bach) but the comparison seems further apart now...

Zenith
Zenith

This is the first fragrance that my body chemistry has had serious changes to. Sprayed some on a paper and absolutely loved it, fresh yet complex all at the same time, with good length.

Went back and sprayed some on myself and it smelt....dusty. Whether certain notes were brought forward by my skin or whatever I regret to say that this one for me simply doesn't work.

If I could find one that smelt like this one does on paper I would grab it with frightening speed

mcurtiss
mcurtiss

If you can make it through the somewhat cloying soapy/green open (perhaps up to 30 minutes for me); CW settles into a extremely pleasant aquatic/floral fougere. Lasts a good 8 hours on my skin.

amaan.khan
amaan.khan

This is really the most common frag out there.

It is a simple fragrance and I personally do not prefer wearing it to a party or a meeting. It is made to smell very fresh and young(COOL).
I don't find anything magnificent about this fragrance.
But then, who wants to smell like a classy gentleman all the time? Sometimes we need to relax a bit.

I like wearing this fragrance when i have to stay at home and relax with a book in my hand, or my laptop or something like that. It keeps you fresh after a shower on a hot day. Girls love it, so no problem if one pops up at your door. ;)

Overall, its a good general use Fragrance.
If you are 22+ years, just avoid wearing it to a social gathering (formal/informal).

Its a part of my wardrobe.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I don't care how common this fragrance is, it is a classic and I love it. Just picked up a 4.2 oz. bottle today at marshalls and am glad to have it back in my collection.

Kain
Kain

It's a decent fragrance for spring days and summer night.
Start fresh, green and herbal but synthetic with huge dose of LAVENDER! lavender give me the cleaner vibe. Smells like refined and pleasant detergent!
Yeah, it's synthetic and smells like detergent but it's not that bad!
It's pleasant with very good price and great projection and longevity.
A casual fragrance when you are at work and your pals don't know much about fragrances and when they smell it on you, they say : wow you smell very good!! lol
The opening is better than the base. in the base we have a very cheap smell.
It does smells like GIT. yes. but much more synthetic. GIT smells more natural and have a much better dry down.
يه عطر خنك و خوب با قيمت بسيار مناسب براي روزهاي بهاري و شب هاي تابستان
با بوي خنك و گياهي شروع ميشه كه به خاطر وجود مقدار زيادي گل لاوندر بويي شبيه مواد شوينده ميده
بوش طبيعي نيست اما خيلي هم بد نيست و بوي دلپذيري داره
بدرد محل كار ميخوره. مخصوصا زماني كه جايي كار ميكنين كه همكاراتون از عطر و ادكلن چيزي سر در نميارن و وقتي كول واترُ زدين فكر ميكنن اين ديگه آخر عطره و ميگين بوش خيلي خوبه
پخش بو و ماندگاري بسيار خوبي داره

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

Very fresh,unique,strong,longevity is great.World´s most famous and legendary perfume.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

My dad isnt a fragrance man or has a lot. He has probably worn 3 or 4 diff. fragrances in his entire life. But he tells me that when cool water came out he purchased a bottle. And he has been wearing cool water ever since. Occasionally wears something else but a full bottle of cool water has to be on hand at all times. Smells amazing and prob the only summer frag that lasts all day and leaves trails for days. If someone was in an elevator wearing this stuff and got out. 5 min later you would still get hints of it. And its not too overpowering or cloying. Just refreshing.

sameel
sameel

try cacharel pour home for men original old one i think it came in 1981 some how its just the best perfume ever whoever tried it became a lover of it women are crazy about this perfume!

Rolling777
Rolling777

I just got some Cool Water and its really difficult for me to smell. I am new here on this site. Drakkar Noir 1 shot and it works for me. I went by the reviews on here for Cool Water...maybe my nose just cant pick this aroma up or it's just not strong enough for my liking.

oh and now i know what they mean by a soap smell.
The scent to me screams cheap and you need to soak in it to smell it. Thats my opinion on it
Cool Water, not so cool!

candyaddict
candyaddict

The best cologne for man ever created! To my nose, the strongest note in this is the sea water. Some might consider it "outdated" but I don't. Since this is the only cologne my husband can wear without getting a headache, I hope they never stop making it!

lyktor
lyktor

It smells like soap powder, that's what i get from this, you won't hate this smell, but you may not like, so try before buy it

andy

cool water is a classic trendsetter and the freshness caught everyones attention in a day when fragrances were strong, loud, dry and mossy. This one fragrance really started the 1990s trend of aquatics as they used various green notes, lavender, a touch of wood and musk and lots of water to give a very aquatic type of smell almost like the feel of being in a swimming pool. For an aquatic, this actually has a LOT of staying power. Cool water Aqua di Gio, bvlgari agva, nautica voyage, kirra by Pacsun, cool water game are some of the best aquatics

dmoman
dmoman

This I just tried and within 15 minutes to me it was very good. Later on though about hour into it I got sick from it (could of been allergies playing a role in that to). Could of been the fact that its synthetic but I usually don't care if it's synthetic as long it smells good. This is compared to GIT but GIT is much more quality. However GIT is way too overpriced and IMHO no fragrance is worth that much $$$ no matter the quality. However if the bucks you pay for GIT is worth it then go for it. If not then go with Cool Water, I won't be judging.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A superb, refreshing, masculine, unique, linear aquatic scent which inspires the wearer and lasts a long time, though it is quite close to the skin...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 2.5 hours. 7 inch projection. This is a wonderfully thought out aroma, I would love to have been at its creation and that Eureka moment...It both relaxes and inspires me. It signfies good times and fun. A linear scent with a tiny bit of spicy masculinity on the skin, however the aroma which projects is very much more cooler. Ages 22- 56

2.5 hours - 4 hours - 2 inch projection. The little bit of spiciness on the skin goes and you get a more purer, softer version of this marvel. Ages 18- 38

4 hours - 6 hours - 1 inch projection

6 - 9 hours. Close to skin, can't stop smelling this, but I have to reach to where I applied it. I have had it several times before, and I cannot see a time it will ever get booring!

There is such a rush to bring out Intense/Extreme versions of scents, why not do that here? Surely it would be a commercial revelation - it is a timeless beauty. Having said that, there are many so called extreme/intense versions of scents which are no more potent than the original. Lets give more choice to those who want better projection, so they can smell it all day and get a stronger version of this, and yes I will queue in line to purchase!

Quality

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

I had this fragrance and it smells OK. It doesn't really set the world a light for being different or new.

It is just NICE. It's a very very day time fragrance due to its fresh scent.

In fairness to Davidoff it does last a long time and have great sillage, just smells too 'showery' for it to be an all time great.

Results:

Sillage: 7/10

karthiktas
karthiktas

Fantastic Fragrance & Projection is dam superb for 2 hrs & latter projection gets lesser, Longevity average. When ever i wear Cool Water i get lots of compliments. Amazing Perfume. It gives fresh Feelings. Best for summer. Best for white shirt with Blue jean. I LOVE IT. One of my favourite Perfume. But it stays only for 2 to 3 hrs on my skin. 6/10

MrMookie

Bought a 5 ml bottle (small one) to get back to the old days.
Not my cup of tea anymore.
Almost bored me, ohh it bored me??
I wore it one day and i contstantly smelled the overcopied notes as i walked,worked and did my things.
I got constantly reminded of shampoo,shower gels and other aquatic stuff i used in the past years from diffrent brands.

ohh well i cant like them all...

Grottola
Grottola

I don't own or wear Cool Water, but I can appreciate it. It's a great fresh fougere that has held up well, despite reformulations and changing trends in the fragrance industry.

I can't wear it because it's too common and too bland and faceless. It has a smell, but that's about it. It's just a flat "dude" scent that doesn't go anywhere.

One last thing - Green Irish Tweed. To my nose, Cool Water really isn't anything like Green Irish Tweed, or vice-versa. Cool Water is more of a traditional aromatic fougere, with a BIG lavender note interacting with oakmoss, with some coumarin, tarragon, coriander, slight "ozonic" notes, and a hint of greenery. Green Irish Tweed is much greener and energetic, mainly based on the interaction between violet and verbena, with a bit of lavender and greenery to fill in the gaps. Cool Water is a fragrance I can appreciate, but have never owned or worn on my own pleasure. Green Irish Tweed is one that I own and wear regularly. In fact, it's in my top five.

I can't deny Cool Water's impact, though. If I had visited it at the beginning of my fragrance journey, I would have probably bought a bottle, but it's just too dull for me to try and wear it. I've smelled this stuff on so many dudes that it really does bring to mind the idea of fragrance as a fashion trend. Oh well. If you're gonna get this stuff, go vintage.

MustardGas
MustardGas

A Good Memory I Have Of This Is..
My Teacher Asked Me Are You Wearing Cool Water I Said Yes Why Haha And She Said I Like The Smell Of Cool Water It Smells Like As If You Smoked Weed And Sprayed A Bunch Of Different Sprays On.. Thats A Good Thing Cause She Said It In The Most Best Way She Can

florence.lee
florence.lee

I seriously do not smell the 'sea water' in this one. Another meme of marketing "aquatic" scents, i mean, what does water even smell like? Opening notes are sharp and talcum-powder like, with a hint of mossy coriander. Inoffensive and cheap, like the Gatsby hair pomade that schoolboys in the 90's would douse in. Sillage is great while it lasted; which is like an hour or so on my clothes, and half an hour on my skin. I smell some chalk dust in the middle notes, together with the sandalwood. and I do like the drydown somehow though( if i press my clothes very close to my nose), which is very much warming sandalwood incense = calming spiritual thoughts.

daisyko
daisyko

that perfume really disappointed me.
There is no doubt about the fact that it smells really nice and awesome in the beigining for fragrance freshers.

Despite the nice smell, this perfume will actually irritate u not because it's too punchy or too good, but because it really doesn't stay for long.

the funny thing about it, is that it's like, the scent will be present on u in the room or in the appartment, but once out it's GONE.
WELL it's cheap...which is a relief.

spoombung
spoombung

I know this spawned a whole genre of perfumery ( and for that it deserves respect and praise) but I just don't like anything about it's omnipresence or what it spawned. The rest of the cosmetic industry caught up with this years ago when they began pouring in huge vats of Calone into their shower gels, air freshners and deodrant sprays... and unfortunately I'm sorry to say Cool Water just smells very cheap and nasty now. Sorry about that, Cool Water fans.

JohnMc

Much loved/much derided - what is a guy to do? I instinctively veer away from the "crowd" in most/all areas of my life. I don't like fragrances that the 'herd' wear. So why should I have suddenly changed my mind and fell in love with what my girlfriend mistakenly described as "Cool Water by David Hasselhoff" LMFAO? In essence its because some fragrances, whilst often copied, derided, abused etc, just remain and endure. Their ingredients, composition and enduring ability engender them with that time honoured tag of "classic". Cool Water is one such classic, as is JPG Le Male, Santos de Cartier and a whole host of others from the past and the present. I am saying that after previously writing a review that stated this juice evinced headaches in me! I recant, as a non-devotee of the "fresh, aquatic scent" category, I have to say that this stuff is clean, wholesome and attractive in a serious kind of way - used sparingly and conservatively that is. If you only ever buy one generic aquatic then try this, just because its sold everywhere doesn't make it bad, Aramis is sold everywhere too in the UK and yet that fragrance is timeless in my opinion. Enjoy!

mahmoud.helal
mahmoud.helal

One o f my favorites indeed

querelle

Ladies and gents, I really do not get it: why do you bloody compare Cool Water to cheap cleaning stuff, toilet fresheners, air fresheners etc etc..? Just use your common sense: before Cool Water every single of that stuff above was heavy on pine or flowers or cheap musks or lemon. Since it's introduction in 1998 it's been so widely copied, you could found it's smell anywhere possible.. It's a shame that we don't give it the credit it deserves.

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

Even though this is for men, I love it. ♥ such a fresh, clean and spicy smell. My Dad has it and likes it too, so good for me, because whenever I am near him I like what I smell. Cool Water also smells expensive and majestic, not like cheap detergents!

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Davidoff Cool Water is your average,cheap, stereotypical aquatic fragrance for men. It smells like toilet cleaner along with all those cheap, intoxicating ingrediants that are used in all Those cheap body sprays That You can get in a 12 oz. bottle for 3 dollars at your local Walmart. When you smell Davidoff coolwater, you feel like you have smelled it a thousand times before...and you probably did...when you were in middle school and wore Bod, Axe, Tag or any other cheap cologne with overpowering, headache-inducing smells because there is absolutely no difference between the scent of Cool Water and those cheap-o's from your local drugstore.

God bless!!

Keddy
Keddy

This scent is truly amazing to me. Snobs will say its a GIT rip off and whatnot. Initial spray smells like a synthetic cheap deodorant. It may very on others but this scent transforms into a lovely greenish floral scent I cant get enough of. So smooth, welcoming and fresh. Lasts a fairly long time on me, easily over 8 hours, priced very cheaply and is a classic for me. Its very easy to wear and I seem to enjoy it the most.

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

This is an outstanding, classic fragrance. It was the Aqua di Gio of its generation, worn by alomost everyone. The top notes are sharp and intense, with mint, greens, and lavender. The middle notes are sandalwood(a favorite of mine), neroli(which imparts a honey-like sweetness), and finally balanced with the more earthy sharp floral note of geranium. The base notes are oakmoss, cedar, and amber keeping the drydown sharp, earthy, sweet, and slightly warming. I may be the only one, but I don't understand the "aqua" connotation with this fragrance?? It is strictly a fougere, albeit somewhat updated with some freshness. CW, for me, is remeniscent of Grey Flannel, but CW remains more spicy and fresh while GF is sweet and floral. Excellent!

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

Every single hormonal teen boy wore this in high school. It smelled as if they bathed in this instead of water. It's not that great on anyone that I've ever smelled it on. Something about it repels me. I cannot get near the stench.

kingfisher
kingfisher

So fresh & uplifting, a true legend in perfumery. IMO it smells better than the over hyped creed GIT, brings back some good old memories. Thumbs Up !!!!

seensoon
seensoon

It was my first buy when I started having a liking for perfumes. I loved it when I was in HS and I still love it being the corporate sector employee.

Not matter how old or popular, it matters to me most how I am smelling. Don't really wear perfumes to get compliments, rather I have always had a liking for scents that with a deep breath gives you an immense pleasure of being fresh, clean and neat. I would never be tired of wearing it.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

23 years later still smelling uber delicious... no matter how many people has use it, is like one of my favorites and you can get it for peanuts :))

andy

nice scent it was definately a milestone scent because it began the entire aquatic trend but there are SO many better smelling scents that are less synthetic than this and so many varieties of this now that its just not the same when aquatics like issey miyake and adg, agva ph came out with less synthetic and better smells

honestly now i find it to be like a body spray and i prefer a little more to my scents but it is notheless a great smell for daytime and sporty wear

GMK
GMK

Cool Water in fragrance is what Windows 95 in operating systems. who is gonna deny with the fact that , CW is a common mans fragrance and better than the NICHE Greeen Irish Tweeeeeeeeed .

i dont wear it rather due to its popularity.

Halalay
Halalay

For all y'all out there: monsieur Pierre Bourdon composed Green Irish Tweed in 1985 and Cool Water in 1988, which explains the similarities in their top and mid notes (but not in the dry-downs, which are quite different). For a better match with GIT, mix CW in 2:1:1 ratios with Eau de Cartier and Guerlain Vetiver. It will still not be identical to GIT in the dry-down, but will smell (ALL the time) a lot more natural and less like a chemical factory compared to GIT. (I work with chemicals, screened some 150 organic solvents a while ago, so I can really tell what industrial chemicals - as distinct from natural ones - smell like...)

scribs
scribs

i recently got this as a christmas present form my sis and it is a clear example of how u can hate the initial scent of a fragrance but love the dry down. the opening is extremely soapy in my opinion but i mean REALLY REALLY soapy and it has some touches of what appears to be sunscreen. but then the dry down comes in and u actually get to feel the some of the notes play nicely with each other (the lavender and sea salt being the main players) its kind of an any occasion fragrance depending on how much u spray on, and the longevity is pretty good i get like 6 hours on my skin, projection is decent too, i give it a 7.5 o.o. 10

sf2explus

I love this scent its a classic, very clean and green comes to mind with the aquatic vibe. this is more the sea smell ADG melon like water notes. to me the scent is great and after the first 20 mins stays the same throughout,with very little development which is good for the people who like to keep it nice and simple. It does have some similarities with my favarite scent from creed but that one gets greener and creamy as it stays on. On the other hand coolwater morphs from the semi green to blue after the first 20 mins on my skin also becomes qite sweet and musky and that is the nice scent you are left with, do not think for one minute that this is a bad scent just because it is compared to creed GIT alot, (which i also own), and for what people have said. This scent has a very good sillage and lasts between 4-6 hours on me. a good bottle design and quite like the colour of blue that has been chosen and actualy the colour is the colour of the sea.
sprayer is very good, can be toned down a notch though. the best from davidoff line imo.

Scent 7/10

Emmanuel421
Emmanuel421

A true classic. One of the best male colognes ever.

ScottyVizz

Kicks the cr*p out of the abysmal sea of generic aquatics ruining the market today. It's not exactly an aquatic..it's more of a aromatic/fresh fougere. Very green, airy, and powerful. It's been copied to death and for many reasons.
Also, don't bother with Green Irish Tweed if it is out of your budget. They don't stray too far from each other.

Falasca
Falasca

Very sharp at the beginning. Very pleasant and clean after. It brings a summer vibe on it. The name is perfect.

Timeless fragrance to me. It's perfect for hot places.
And it fits anyone, no matter how old are them.

Cool water, a must have once in your life at least.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Fresh, Sharp, pleasant, Clean and sexy, yes.
But not my thing, it's more for the younger 18-24 crowd. VERY Marine Lavender, then it quiets down to a nice Pine-Fir like must, like an aftershave. This is Very Summer. Lasts a very long time too, even a day after, i can still smell this sweet Pine impression on my arm. Again, not my thing, but if you know some hot college aged guys, they'll love this.
However, This is another Pierre Bourdon 80s classic. Very complex and layered. I can appreciate that. This is harmonious.
PS: yes it does smell like OldSpice, but the only difference, O.S. has this sweeter "Melon musk" to it

alassouli
alassouli

It is very refreshing,sexy and a pleasant smell. I love it on my husband. The name says it all Cool Water. The price is cheap and it does smell like Old spice deodorant stick, but who cares. I love it and so does my husband.

[14/11/2011]

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Wonderful! A beautiful cliche of a fragrance that will never go out of style.

MrMookie

Loved it in the early nineties but oh oh ohhhh its been overused and overcopied by many cheap clone brands... this one needs a time out of 20 yrs then it will be super retro again...
I discribe this scent as:
Superfresh aqua qith a distinctive bite.

Oh, Cool Water! I used to like it in the '90s and I actually bought a bottle for my then bf. It became his perfume and I was happy with it.
Then it became so popular and lots of guys literally bathed in it leaving a fresh-pungent-aromatic big trail behind and I became bored with it.
Then a lot of copies, fakes, deospray came out and it was even worse.
Now I don't like it, but back in those days it was new and pleasant and the bottle very appealing.
I smelled it recently and it doesn't smell exactly like before.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I would say there's nothing significant about this perfume, but it's refreshing and easy to accept. More importantly, my husband said it worked well with his body chemicals.

krestfallen
krestfallen

I just bought a 125ml bottle. Compared to others, this is cheaper, that's one main reason. Did not like the smell when i first sampled it. Liked CK Man more. But i think, well, I can appreciate this. :)

krmarich
krmarich

This was indeed a game changer for men. The introduction of the aquatic Cool Water would produce so many copy cats and indeed, sale and usage of CW went through the roof. All of my male collage classmates started wearing this in place of Polo. The golden chypes, amber-red orientals, green fougeres was finally joined by this new blue aquatic class.

I always felt in reminded me of laundry day-clean fresh, pleasant and tumble dried. Never sexy. Even in warmer weather, developed an aversion to it. Then came a sea of clones from high end designers to cheap drug store body sprays.

Like most everything else came the reformulation. Did it change much? It was hard to tell after everything else confused my nose beyond recognition.

tuscany
tuscany

nice frag but just so commen,all us guy's have got it or have worn it..

bp
bp

Simply perfect.
Give it the full credit in all aspects.
I love this perfume. Already I miss the time that was.
I loved using it in winter. Makes a nice contrast to the cold wind.
To me, all Davidoff perfumes are excellent. But this is a creative genius, just look the Kouros.
Indescribable, EXCELLENT.

jtd
jtd

Somehow I managed between 1988 and about 2006 not to have to smell Cool Water. I have managed to smell the generations of clones and wanna-be's since, and was just waiting to hate Cool Water. But you know what? This stuff is copied for a reason. It's really spectacular.

I'm in the enviable position Luca Turin refers to in The Guide. I don't have to associate this with half the male population of the 80s-90s. Smelling CW in this context is a great lesson in perfume history. If a new aroma technology is introduced with intelligence and artistry, it changes the status quo. I know that compositionally CW is a contemporary variation on the fougere, but qualitatively I think it's something distinct. This, followed by a slew of copy-cats, means a whole new genre. And I guess like the original Chypre and Fougere Royale, the first can remain the best.

cyber861
cyber861

فوق العاده خنک.حسه نشاط رو به آدم القا میکنه.از این بهتر کرید مشکیه.

frangrancejunky
frangrancejunky

I really like it I find myself reaching to it more then the other niche fragrances I have,especially after a hot shower, and niche doesn't mean perfect, with that being said Creed GIT. As a matter of fact I don't see why people keep bashing this one.

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

A number of guys I dated in HS and early 20s seemed to have this (maybe my generation's version of Old Spice or Aqua Velva lol). I still giggle a bit when I smell it because it reminds me of innocent first loves but secretly I still think it's kind of nice. As far as cologne I like on a man now, I like more amped up, "manly", lumberjack type scents - this one kinda screams "prettyboy" to me. But for reminiscent value, it's nice :) A good starter cologne for guys, maybe?

DominicMC
DominicMC

I got it for my 21st yesterday.. ill be honest, the spray is very powerful.. so don't hold it to close to you're arm/face ect. To me the smell is very bitter and has a sweet soapy smell, about 10 minutes later the smell dies down to a sweet minty/flowery smell. personally I'm not a fan of Aromatic Aquatic fragrances so i give this a 4/10, but don't let me review change your mind.. read other peoples review.

anton007
anton007

I have always loved this scent and will always have it in my collection. Smells just like my Green Irish Tweed. One of a kind!

dokepi
dokepi

not for especial ocasions, not addictive
looks ``cool`` at the beggiging but after a few hours you dont want it in your body

I've sampled this several times over the last few years, and I've never found it to be pleasant. It's not like Green Irish Tweed, other than some "fresh" aroma chemicals and lavender (beyond the top notes). Instead, it's too sweet and there are too many notes that clash. Some call this one and GIT fougeres, but they lack the required coumarin (other than perhaps a trace amount to add body). In any case, if you like it, good for you, but I view it as an aficionado's nightmare scent. I wrote up a long post on my blog about it, in case you want to hear more about my ideas on the subject of this one.

UPDATE: I think this has been reformulated badly. I suggest trying to find Molto Smalto instead, if you want this kind of fragrance. I wish I could compare that one to an original bottle of Cool Water, because the one I have has a "chemical mess" quality, and I think that with some notes, such as neroli, you have to use good-quality ingredients or else it smells really artificial.

UPDATE #2: After wearing Molto Smalto a few times in the last month or so, I think I fully understand why I really like it, but not Cool Water. CW starts off well enough, with the tobacco note being obvious. Over time, however, the scent weakens considerably and the remaining notes are a bit "blob"-like (with tobacco being hardly detectable) and even worse, they clash with each other. I value note contrast highly, but this is note civil war. On the other hand, MS's base notes are very strong and distinct, and the dynamism is good enough, with no clashing. If you want this kind of fragrance, I suggest Molto Smalto. CW no longer strikes me as a "chemical mess," but I don't find it pleasant.

UPDATE #3: I just tried the new formulation of CW (by Coty), and I don't detect the tobacco in it at all now. Overall, similar to Grey Flannel's latest EA incarnation, this seems denser and like it has been smoothed out, so note separation is inferior. It has a dull, fuzzy, candy-like quality that is perfect for casual use by the non-aficionado, I suppose. I have no use for it, though, so I swapped off my bottle.

@cester:
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. Unfortunately, cheap air fresheners smell like Cool Water..

tln2004
tln2004

The scent that got me into fragrances. I remember buying this and after application, it felt like getting out of a pool. I will always have a bottle of this, even though, the scent is not as great to me now as it was initially, but for nostalgia. And it is so cheap that you can find at most discount stores. Overall scent is 7/10.

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

بوی خنک سبک کلاسیک و همراه بوی نعنای تند
در یک ساعت اول تندی خاصی دارد ولی بعد از ان به بوی خنک و سبکی تبدیل مشود
مناسب تابستان و تیپ اسپرت
روی پوستهای رنگ روشن خوب جواب میدهد

Cool, classic style with the smell and the smell of spearmint
The first hour is a strong smell, but then become cool and light Mshvd
Summer-type sports for
Well the answer is clear on skin color

zackwhack
zackwhack

i dont know what women think about it but for me its mysterious and appealing. it opens fresh and the best part comes in between from opening and fading.

10 out of 10 if it could get better projection and longevity

only downside is its longevity and projection.

i have experimented that if applied on clothes ,its longevity is somewhat increased as on my skin it fades really fast ,may be same is not with other people.

scent 9

2whit2quit

memories of my 1st boyfriend. hehe

GMH
GMH

The original aquatic that began the whole aquatic fragrance genre back in 1988 & set the scene for the fresh fragrance market that predominated the 1990's. Apparently it was a loose copy of Creed's green irish tweed. On myself it has average to good projection & average longevity. The top two predominent notes are mint & lavender. These are present throughout the transition of the fragrance but become softer & sweeter into the middle & base notes. You also notice a more noticable sweet fresh tobacco note towards the base notes. This has a better middle & base than it's top notes which some people can find a little harsh before they mellow out. Even though the notes make this cool, fresh & summer like. There is no actual oceanic, ozonic accord to this, like appears in later aquatic colognes. So, on the whole it gives a cool fresh impression but no actual smell of the sea as in Acqua di gio or Bvlgari Aqua.This cologne get's a bad reputation as it is over used in certain parts of the world. At the same time it must be doing something right to be so popular after 23 years on the market. A try for sure, but if you prefer more authentic aquatics this may not be the one for you.

drfreak
drfreak

Fresh and pleasant perfume every day.

findtheriver
findtheriver

The Eddie Haskell of fragrances. Only June Cleaver would be fooled by the clean cut barbershop facade that this cologne presents. Those of us in the know see the mischievous bad boy lurking just below the surface. I love this scent!

Anup
Anup

Before you being reading THIS WILL NOT BE A COMPARISON REVIEW TO "he who will not be named". Stop it already, everyone has come to the conclusion that they smell similar.
My dad has worn cool water for years ( he is the main reason i've decided to get a bottle), and when i asked him why he liked it, he simply stated, "it smells nice" with a smile...Well damn it, i agree with him.
This does smell nice, and anyone willing to trash it JUST because it is popular, or too mainstream, is an utter idiot.
Not everybody wants to own a bottle of something so obscure that only you, and three other people have even HEARD of it, get over yourselves! (can you tell i've just gotten off work? XD)
The only thing remotely watery about this one is the fact that it has a very murky "saltiness" to it.

The top:

Sharp salty aldehydes, like the dirty saline salt found in a huge unintentional gulp of sea water LOL. You know when you have your car window open a bit, and have the AC on, you can feel the hot air being cut by the cool artificial breeze? That is the kind of relationship the mint and lavender share. Working together to create this very unique olfactory experience! Earthy/nutty/herbaceous/green rosemary and coriander allow this fragrance a decent amount of earthiness.

The heart:

Green, and dry neroli give this fragrance a much needed POP, a wake up of sorts. It tends to do that to most fragrances it's included in, giving them life, and animation(Fleur du male, Versace Man eau fraiche).
Along with a warming, calm jasmine. How they subdued it i'll never know, it's probably some patented aroma chemical some mad scientist made by accident. Woody/salty sandalwood makes a cameo appearance on the "after smell".

The base:

This fragrance tries SOO hard to be aquatic, with it's dusty,musty/green and dirty oakmoss, but falls EVER so short, like most "aquatics" before Bvlgari's Aqva's. Sugared tobacco gives this salty green/floral much needed sweetness, almost like finally getting a gasp of air after diving in a deep pool of water.

A whimsical I APPROVE

Smell: 8
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 9

abhinavmadan1980
abhinavmadan1980

This one was a blind buy after seeing so many people liking this one. Smells like a cheap perfume. No more blind buys for me.
smells like gillete shaving gel to me

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Very fresh and lasts a good while. Projection is also good too.

Bram
Bram

It's freshness in a bottle I can't imagine why anyone would dislike but we are all entitled to our opinion.

It's a safe scent I can't see to many people being bothered by this, I have this friend that always OVERUSES his colognes so much so that you smell him ass soon as he steps in class or if he's around the corner! So when he's using his Gucci by Gucci it does get quite overbearing but when he overuses this it really isn't bad, because the smell is just so fresh. This scent reminds me of just hoping out of the shower and feeling clean, I like it for just hagning around and for when you wanna use a cologne but don't wanna smell all fancy just something simple and fresh, I really do like this one.

arnulfolozada_gomez
arnulfolozada_gomez

im using it for almost 5yrs... i buy other perfumes but i always have coolwater for back-up. cheap but already classic, and the most important "good for my body".

Vixie
Vixie

A beautiful combination of wood and water with some subtle spices! I smell lots of woods, but the water is the dominant note, with some lingering herbs to soften it. Think of a long, elegantly trimmed teak sailboat lacquered blue on the outside, sails bleached to a radiant white, riding the ocean towards a secluded beach on the edge of a rainforest, or an ancient village perched on a cliff with its hanging gardens. The fragrance is clean, sporty, and trim, and will wear well on men and women, but in the day and best at the height of Summer.

waqasad1
waqasad1

Its fresh but not much special about it. An ordinary scent with affordable price.

oxm
oxm

Cool water, a perfume is rather dated, but he does his duty all right.In opening green notes, spices and lavender, in the middle of sandalwood, geranium, jasmine and neroli in the heart ... just reminds me of Boss Spirit, the fund is superlative with amber, cedar and tobacco products in all, it is especially suitable for a fresh spring and summer, it is a scent that can be worn every day, the party flourished find it very sweet, compares the absolute of guitar Mark Knopfler at the end of Tunnel of Love ...
Nostalgia

Well, reviewing this one is not going to be easy as basically everything has been said about a quite influential release such as Cool Water. My point with this seminal composition is that while I quite enjoy the original version (I mean Green irish Tweed) but never been able to dispassionately love it, I'm not a big fan of its "cheaper" version (Cool Water). Surely influential and vastely appreciated but overused and as much imitated that I almost started to "hate" it. Not your fault Cool Water.

I've to move away from you for a while...

rubinsingh
rubinsingh

The worst perfume ever tried,smells cheap and synthetic,gave me a headache.

flexiiii
flexiiii

superb fragrance but it is to weeeeak.the potential this fragrance could have.more longevity davidoff.

servana
servana

I LOVE this fragrance. It is so fresh! If I were a guy I would wear this every day...

mikehawk
mikehawk

Humble and flowery great summer time scent.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

FResh , cooling , invigorating summer classic for men.

Im not adverse to wearing it myself now and then too :)

Yes its a mans fragrance , but i do not care !!!

Even though it is "popular" , its still 1 of my all time top 5 frags for men.

Just gorgeous on a hot , humid sticky English summer day :) A long cool cocktail drink for your nose

4.5/5

Must try the Irish Tweed everyone here is recommending !!

jerseyjoe1981
jerseyjoe1981

This was a breakthrough scent at its time. What a great fresh scent and delivers a punch. Unfortunately I have no need for this anymore as I have discovered Green Irish Tweed which smells similar but much more luxurious.

sameh_50
sameh_50

Very good scent with good price does't last long but still i will buy it again it is a must have and perfect substitute for aqua di gio it smells very fresh and very clean perfect in summer it smells like beach

mehrdad
mehrdad

کاری بسیار ماندگار در تاریخ عطر و ادکلن
رایحه نشاط آور و در عین حال کلاسیک این ادکلن در طول سالیان پا به عرصه گذاشتنش خیلی ها را مجذوب و محسور خود نموده است هنوز که هنوز است جزو یکی از پرفروشترین عطرهای جهان محسوب شده و کماکان جوایز زیادی را در فستیوال فیفی بخود اختصاص داده است و هنوز مورد استقبال عموم واقع میشود خودم تا الان شاید حدود پنج مرتبه این عطر را خریداری نموده و استفاده کرده ام اما فعلا مدتهاست که ندارم و شاید بعد مجددا آنرا تهیه نمایم چون خیلی دوستش داشتم و زیاد هم استفاده میکردم از آن خسته شده بودم قابل توجه ادکلن دوستان عزیز که اگر رایحه ای را خیلی دوست دارید سعی کنید دائم و بصورت هر روزه استفاده ننمایید چون برایتان یکنواخت خواهد شد همانند موسیقی و غذاست که طبع آدمی بهترین چیزها را هم اگر تکراری شود پس میزند و قبول نمیکند
در بین کارهای این برند بشخصه از کول واتر و زینو بیشتر خوشم آمده است
کلاسیک
فرش
آروماتیک
مردانه
مناسب برای بهار و تابستان

JohnMc

The more I educate myself on perfumery/fragrances etc, the more I find this fragrance to be the opposite of what I desire in a fragrance; namely mystique, presence, sensuousness, emotion and preferably not commonly worn (I know the last one is a bit of an impossible aspiration - but what the heck).

This fragrance is instantly recognizable and seems to be worn everywhere. I had it when I was a young guy in my early 20's, but just as at that age I loved listening to 'Nevermind' by Nirvana and 'The Joshua Tree' by U2, I find that I can't listen to those albums anymore as they were played to death by friends and on the radio. So too with this fragrance, it's sheer popularity removes it of any mystique, ala drinking cola instead of a wine.

The slightly caustic and cutting aroma given off by this fragrance is essentially in my experience a kind of astringent air freshener, not at all sexy or alluring in my humble opinion.

Niko
Niko

Actually Davidoff cool Water Men smells better on me than Davidoff cool water women. Funny. But I like them both so much!

marioslg1
marioslg1

A very famous male fragrance. Everyone is or used to have it. This is classic but i do not like the smell at all....not because it was not good especially in late 80s but because i got so much tired of it that i will use it only when all other perfumes are disappeared. This together with the eternity from calvin klein are the top sellers of their time and probably up to now. Farhenheit has the record of sales in the first 3 months of its release. I still like fahrenheit and generally the old fragrances but this one makes me sick. is for those that want a perfume that their father, their neighbour, their friend, their uncle is using. if you smell it somewhere, you do not know who is going to show up. There are much better perfumes now, especially aquatic but this is the start of the category. it works perfectly in summer but also in winter. the protection is very good, it is distinctive and you can easily recognise the sea water right away from the begining. after that, all other ingredients come to light and are perfectly blended. A school for all others, a very succesful one but i do not like it as i said.

Convict13
Convict13

One of my partner's favourites, simple, classic and classy, all for a great price.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I would expect that for most people, this is Creed's Green Irish Tweed at 1/3 of the price (only fragrance snobs might beg to disagree). A no brainer valuewise. Come on! What more do you want?!!

This is already a legendary men's scent in my books. My only gripe is that I wish it was less popular and then I would consider buying it for myself. Who knows in 10 years time...

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

You know that everybody on the street will have it. YOu know that it smells good. It is aquatic, casual yet not bad when it comes to sillage and drydown.

You can certainly smell the ocean with this.

Preferable for a sporty day. Or just a casual day, walking around the city, just to blend yourself into the crowd.

Yet it may smell a bit artificial at times.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Before I review this I wanted to note that in the posts below mine, almost NO ONE says that this stuff smells like Creed’s Green Irish Tweed… just thought I would get my Creed jab in.

Anyway, I had a really bad experience with this one when I was about 10. I had a really trendy uncle who when I would visit their house, I would wear his cologne. I most likely put on too much as a kid but anyway, within an hour, I had a headache that lasted the whole weekend and ruined my time. You can imagine just about how much I grew to love this stuff over the years after that experience… NOT! Now that I am older, I have smelled this on people and I usually don’t think it smells terrible but I do think that it smells cheap on people. I really just don’t like this one at all apart from the childhood bathe in the Cool Water experience. SO, I buy Creed and love every minute of it.

Do yourself a favor and buy the refined version of this. Green Irish Tweed is such a sophisticated, have all the kinks ironed out cologne that you wont regret your purchase. This stuff…

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Reminds me of Burberry weekend for men with the sweet freshness. But this one is more soapy and aquatic, and Weekend is more green and fruity. Both are great warm weather scents.

twlahue
twlahue

smells like laundry detergent or fabric softner,
nice and fresh, but i don't know that i really want that in a cologne...

omega_69
omega_69

I picked up a small bottle recently after my fiance mentioned how she used to love it. I sprayed it on about 20 minutes before she got to my house one night. She walked in and immediately said, "Mmmmmm! What are you wearing?" I guess she still loves it.

I wore this stuff 15 - 20 years ago. Never was a huge favorite of mine, although I never disliked it. I'll wear it here and there during the warmer months, just for something different on me, yet totally familiar.

Lilii
Lilii

I am a girl and I love this perfume! years back my bf used to wear it... it was his signature and when we seperated I bought one bottle for myself and used it to the last drop :)) I did not care what people think. This one is timeless, never gets old. it has its own identity. it does not smell like the notes, it smells like cool water!

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

I got a bottle of this because everyone talks about how it smells just like Creed Green Irish Tweed. I figured if it's so similar, why use up my real GIT when I can use CW the majority of the time.

Well, I have to say that while CW shares some topnote properties with Creed's signature fragrance . . . Cool Water is NO Green Irish Tweed.

The two open almost the same way, but CW is just missing something. Not a big deal, since it IS a whole ton less expensive. But then while GIT develops, CW stays the same throughout and becomes cloying. I got really tired of smelling it after several minutes.

Conclusion . . . I gave my bottle to my little bro. I'll stick with GIT.

Pianopolice

This is a must have for those who have collection, and I'm gonna say a must have for those who are new to fragrances. How can somebody not love cool water. The only problem is that there are better fragrances out there, and this smell is kind of old, but whatever it is still great. It is not as refreshing as Aqva or ADG or Versace eau fraiche, so it is unique, and to my taste far better than ADG, and just better than Fraiche. There is something in the base that makes it heavy, and you can definately tell it is a eauropean smell. "Wing by giovanny beverly hills" smells very similar to cool water, but it lacks this heavy notes, and is more refreshing, but cool water is still better.

SilverFire
SilverFire

This is a floral that ends up smelling something like detergent on my skin; I only enjoyed the scent once I was working out, but that was rather pointless because workouts annihilated Cool Water. Women seemed to hate the smell -- perhaps because of their previous associations with it. It just didn't strike me as anything special.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

I nice and light scent that could be too floral for some. I keep it for the mid and final notes. I can see this fragrance being around for a real long time. It's also a nice fragrance that could be found for relatively cheap. Longevity is not the best on this one.
7 stars out of 10. A solid fragrance for a man that many will like

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Someone wanted to know my choice of fragrances to attract women. First off, I have to say that if you are depending on a scent to attract a woman, you might be waiting for a long time. Honesty seems to be a big plus in attractiveness, and really that is my only advice, don't depend on a scent to attract someone...if you see somebody you are attracted to, tell them, and just be yourself. I guess I'm saying I don't believe there are scents that on their own, will attract a woman...there are exceptions, of course, and people will no doubt have other opinions about this.
As for Cool Water, and the reason I chose to bring up that whole topic in this particular review, this cologne was first given to me by a woman. Over the years, it is probably the fragrance I have heard, "Mmmmmmm, you smell yummy" the most.
To me, it is a very nice aquatic and lavender based scent with some strong Sandalwood to hold it up. It is a classic scent, that almost everyone will recognize, and most have already formed memories associated with this aroma. To that end, beware, inevitably some will have negative associations with this, as with most poplular scents, but hopefully most have a good memory of this...I know I do. I actually still wear it on occasion in the warmer months, and I still get the "yummy" response with it quite often. It is also probably the cologne that I have bought the most of in my lifetime. Of course, it is probably the one I have been using the longest, as well. Even the mysterious L. Turin rates this a 5/5, and I concur. This is a great mix.

xerces1492
xerces1492

Absolutely disgusting! Smells like dollar store potpurri! I like other Davidoff fragrances but this one is absolute crap. And they have all the wrong notes in all the wrong places. Too much pine, too little musk, and the sandalwood doesn't help at all. 3/10

Clash 80
Clash 80

Cool Water = Quasar (O Boticário). I like it.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Though extremely popular like brut, i dont like Cool Water and other similar sort of fragrances at all!
One thing i admit that this is like the pioneer fragrances of aromatic/aquatic notes. I must say it is a giant among them. this credit goes to it. it's a trend setter and lots of people follow this trend and love this fragrance but personally i am sorry to the fans of Cool water.
I give it 5.5 out of 10 for its extreme popularity.

Diego de Barros Pereira
Diego de Barros Pereira

This fragrance is good, and here in Brazil, it's inexpensive .As soon as my bottle of Chrome Legend ends up, I'll replace it by Cool Water, the best alternative now that Chrome Legend is out of market.

jadelove
jadelove

This is the first men's fragrance I ever smelt that wasn't Brute or Old Spice.

I smelt it on a strip in some magazine, ripped it out and kept it... I loved it so much. My friend and I nicknamed it 'orgasm in a bottle'.

I was suprised that it was invented in the 80s, it is really a timeless scent. It's sweet yet masculine.

Valentino
Valentino

The best fragrances go far beyond 'a nice smell' and have the ability to transport you to a particular time and place with their personality. Cool Water takes me back to one gorgeous holiday in the late 80s when it had just been released. Putting the original 'good time boy' on my wrist now, I know nothing can go wrong! It's fun and relaxation all the way.

The real genius of Cool Water was in the marketing and image. It struck a chord with me as a young boy, down to the beautiful stylized script on the bottle. A blue tonic for the senses, it created the whole marine/aquatic sector with its use of that breathtaking 'sea-breeze note'. (This is a trademarked molecule known as Calone1951).

On my skin, Cool Water stays simple and fairly linear after the initial sparkle. I get a sharp mint and lavender blend slowly smouldering into sandalwood and tobacco.

I won't go into the whole Green Irish Tweed debate here as that doesn't agree with my skin. I would agree with many that GIT is more complex.

Personally, I don't judge scents by their complexity, only how they make me feel, and this feels good. Yes, wistful for those old times but still good.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

At first I really enjoyed this frag but after years & years of smelling it on so many people I begain to grow tired of it. Thee initial blast is enough to blow king kong away & if over applied you can destroy Tokoyo! It is not a bad scent, however I have grown tired of this 1 & wish to have no memories of this plauge.

Avi Weissman
Avi Weissman

Back in 1988 (I was a kid then) I was given a sample at a department store.
Best thing I had ever smelt. I used it sparingly at christmas, easter, birthdays, "special occasions" only. After 6 years(!) I ran out.

Turns out it was the first edt I ever bought. I never ran out again. Heck it's what I was wearing when I met my wife!

It's incredibly generic, fresh, lavender floral heart with somewhat of a sweet yet still refreshing bottom.

Call me kitsch, still, I like it alot.
Maybe much of this "love" comes from the happy memories associated with it but I do think it smells really good. (Better than all the clones it fathered nonetheless.) Never received anything but compliments wearing it.

Inexpensive, passe-partout, everyday fragrance that must not be THAT bad given the number of people buying it.

P.-S. Maybe it's me aging but seems to me, original formulation has been altered over the years. Used to smell better (impression) especially the heart notes. I might be wrong.

blandest
blandest

the scent that most brought me peace and relaxation

mrparfum
mrparfum

WELL TO BE FRANK ITS JUST ANOTHER FRESH AQUATIC FRAGRANCE.. SEEMS NOTHING SPECIAL.
STILL I SOME HOW FELT A LIL CITRUS NOTE IN
THE MIDDLE THAT SEMMED SOMEHOW GOOD.I ALSO FELT HINTS OF AMBER MUSK AND MINT OVERALL I WOULD SAY IT WAS AN OK FRAGRANCE BUT TO BE HONEST MY 5$ DEO SMELLS BETTER..

andrevarx
andrevarx

A classic scent that is less cool than is suggested by the name "Cool Water" but it's nice, notes that are aquatic and quite spicy, a scent perfect for office invigorizante it is very intrusive and although it is nice its spicy notes give an impression of energy. There is nothing romantic, but can even give an impression of elegance in a formal night.

Of all age ranges, although restrictive warm times of the year. The fragrance remains as eight hours on my skin.

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Estoy de acuerdo con la mayoría. Esta fragancia es un clásico para el verano o la primavera. Fiel competidora del Acqua di Gio de Armani, solamente que esta fragancia es más deportiva, más simple y mucho más económica. Personalmente me gusta muchísimo más la versión femenina, tanto como la fragancia como la botella.
El aroma de este perfume es parte de una tendencia que tuvo su auge en los 90 con aromas menos aromáticos y densos que los de la década del 80, pero atreviéndose con tonos limpios de enebro al agua y con incorporación de flores.
Su duración es media y funciona mejor en el día que en la noche. Recomendado para su uso diario en la oficina, eventos diurnos o días de campo. Por la noche queda bien en salidas a lugares abiertos.

CW is the quintessential masculine aquatic. Often imitated but never duplicated (unless you count the 20 some flankers Davidoff released over the years). Classics are classics for a reason they stand the test of time-and this one truly has...

Where other aquatics rely on fruity tops, sweet flowery middle and lite clean woods with various aromatics sprinkled about, CW ditchs the fruits (even the Citruses) and hits you right from the door with sharp greens like mint and rosemary and dry florals like lavender and corriander (davana). It has its share of flowers in the heart but geranium and neroli are very manly and softened only slightly by a lite jasmine and pinch of sandalwood which to me is ever so slightly sour (in a good way). The drydown is where its true beauty becomes apparent as strong cedar heavy with oakmoss brings this virile construction an earthy, never dirty finish. Touches of tobacco, amber and musk add to its granduer while it grows more elegant but not massive like some male aromatics (Chanel's Antaeus for example) can...

Sillage: great
Longevity: above average (esp.w/clothes)
Overall:4.5/5

As far as the Big Three male aquatics go AdG is my #1 and reminds me of the sea on a sunny day at the shore, CW reminds me of being on the sea sailng with strong winds and aromatic aromas, while Bvlgari's AQVA is deep sea diving where the true beauty and mystery of the sea are revealed. Masculine, balanced, dry and serious:this is Cool Water to me...

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

I know..I know..this is a boy fragrance but i like it anyways. i found it is so sexy and fresh. everytime i wear it i keep sniffing myself over and over again. imagine how sexy it would be to smell it on boys.

karlovonamesti

I've decided to edit my original review because the bottle I was basing it off of was not as "fresh" as it should have been, and was throwing my nose off. I have a brand new bottle now, and I have to admit, I was wrong about Cool Water. It's a gem.

I'm basing this off my love of Green Irish Tweed, which was the precursor to Cool Water, and its olfactory doppelganger. Created by Olivier Creed (allegedly with heavy-handed help from Pierre Bourdon), GIT is Creed's masterpiece of male perfumery. It's very fresh, very green/purple, and quite lovely.

Fortunately, so is Cool Water. Although not quite as heavy, and a little more complex than GIT, Cool Water opens with an almost-identical explosion of fresh greenness, including woody green apple, and a tasteful mixture of mint, rosemary, and lavender. I did a side-by-side sniff test, and quite honestly, I feel that Cool Water and GIT are 70% alike (GIT shares CW's apple-dihydromyrcenol opening, almost identically). The remaining 30% is where the money goes in buying GIT. You can't beat its violet leaf heart and sandal-ambergris base, which are nonexistent in Cool Water. However, Cool Water shares a touch of synthetic cedar and sandalwood. Its mint is a subtle, mentholated, pale-green coolness that goes well with lavender, and everything segues into sweet tobacco, which lends depth, and comprises most of the far drydown with clean musk. Cool Water is fairly potent, and carries itself with an airy presence. Unlike GIT, CW is slightly aquatic, but it's so slight that I'm not even sure why they bother with the "water" idea. It's sort of comparable to the Hedione in Eau Sauvage - CW boasts a tiny degree of sweet salinity that gets exaggerated in the press. Ultimately this is a fresh aromatic fougere with beautiful bone structure.

I think that Cool Water is sufficiently similar to GIT that a GIT wearer could make the switch without anyone noticing a difference. I noticed that no one complimented me at all when I wore GIT, and went through a 4 oz. bottle without anyone noticing. I think the problem was that everyone thought I was wearing Cool Water, and since I'm usually around adults, we all remember the Cool Water days and don't see any reason to get excited over it. Perhaps in intimate situations your girlfriend or boyfriend would detect a slightly different vibe in Cool Water, a scent that works a bit better in temperate-to-cool weather, and dries down a bit synthetically, with the tobacco and musk prominent.

Cool Water is great stuff. If Cary Grant's life and career were shifted into the present, he'd wear this instead of GIT. But I guess as history stands, it's understandable to suppose he wore GIT instead. Still, Cool Water is the only successful clone of GIT that goes its own way, and as such is just as legendary.

deeannek
deeannek

Josh Holloway is the face (and body) for Cool Water-I think I will buy my hubby a bottle...let the fantasy begin!

Venom
Venom

This is a classic all on its own. Doesn't matter how played it is, it will always please the senses. Just don't go nuts on this or you will wreak. Summer/spring daily use recommended, but not an evening out or special date cologne. Maybe back in the day it did well but far too many know it so it shouldn't be saved for that special occasion.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This one is a blast from the past! extremely retro and played out. I used to smell this everywhere when I was younger. I remember wearing this when i was in high school and thinking it was the most gorgeous clean smell EVER!

Now when i smell it I wanna laugh because every single person seemed to wear this back in the day and it smells extremely cheap and outdated.

However it is definately a classic and I think that this set the bar for every aquatic since 1988.

Snoopitsa
Snoopitsa

If I go out with a guy and he wears this, I send him to take a shower and them come back...I hate it so much it makes me dizzy...

Parthenope
Parthenope

One of the classics, never gets old, I always love the smell. It's been more than two decades, I still love it.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

I have to admit that Cool Water is very aquatic and well-blended with exact interpretation of the word "Cool Water".

I'm not sure about others, but I find it reminiscent of "Creed Green Irish Tweed". I can sense the aquatic green feeling from both of these fine fragrances. Great job perfumer :)

Cheers,

Tuvok
Tuvok

It was my first EDT ever, when i was a kid , my grandfather gave me this saying "Michael, now you're a man" And the only reason i bought a bottle is that it makes me feel like a kid again. It is sooo popular and so often copied. It's fresh, casual, nothing special, but it's a classic. If you don't know Cool Water you don't know nothing about scents :)

behzad1280
behzad1280

Absolutely a great trend setter at 1988.
Fantastic for every summer days. Casual but remarkable.
You may prefer something else just because of its fame and popularity!

Update: after many years, I couldn’t get rid of many lovely memories with this cologne! So I returned back and bought it again! I still like it no matter whatever!

And After 21 years:
FIFI Awards 2009:
Fragrance Hall of Fame:
Davidoff Cool Water – Coty Prestige

این ادکلن واسه خودش یک سرسلسله بود
بعد از اون خیلی ها از اون تقلید کردن ولی هیچ کدوم مثل این نشد
یک انتخاب خوب واسه روزهای تابستون
یه خورده غیر رسمیه ولی واقعاً عالیه
فکر میکردم خیلی خیلی بین مردم معمول شده و به قول معروف یه جورایی خز شده. اما بعد از چند سال واقعاً نتونستم از فکرش بیام بیرون.
به همین خاطر باز هم خریدم و باز هم ازش لذت می برم. مهم نیست که چقدر رواج داره و کی میزنه

سال 2009 هم بعد از بیست و یک سال از ظهور و پیدایش این عطر، فیفی (یه چیزی تو مایه فیفا!) اون رو منتخب تالار عطرهای مشهور (یه همچین چیزی) کرد

mado17
mado17

It is too difficult to hate such a fragrance, fresh, cool and really nice :)

mahamud
mahamud

strong, long lasting, and sexy. A great perfume.Though backdated but still i love it very much.

bronstein

It's true as commented below, this fragrance can be worn by anyone - and that's part of the problem. Hence it must not be worn by anyone who doesn't want to be anyone, you see? They sell it by the bucket these days, making a fortune.

Don't get me wrong, this scent is a 1990s icon. However, extreme popularity with the people and inflationary offers by the producer (now counting no less than 20 versions!) have made this unwearable nowadays.

But let's wait and see, perhaps it becomes fashionable again in the 2030s? Until then, "Hot Water" may be used instead.

dm8m
dm8m

made its mark now as a classic scent. it's for all ages.

my dad was actually the one who introduced me to the scent since he was caught with the scent even before i knew about it. I remember that it made such a smash hit in the 90's that every guy wants one.

I still have a bottle of it now but do not use it in a regular basis. I still like the scent but it kinda bores me when I use it as an everyday wear. I just give myself a wisk every now & then.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

C.W. broke the mold in the cologne game. every thing today is somewhat of a spinoff to this. it aint my favorite but you gotta respect the O.G.!!!!!!

bronstein

This was probably the most popular male scent in Central Europe in the 1990s.

...which has the effect that I'm always reminded of the old days when I smell it on someone nowadays. Conclusion: To be worn on retro-days only.

Brando
Brando

Love Cool Water and it is very unique, but I don't wear it because it is so common and everybody knows what you are wearing. Also lasts for hours and hours. Smells very clean and fresh.

jonovon
jonovon

Oh. I don't wear CW often, but wearing it today I'm asking myself why not... Such a good and affordable scent. So clean and fresh; so classic and manly. And even though it's wearable by anyone, anywhere and anytime, it's so distinctive.
The most "must-have" perfume available, in my opinion - I'm sure CK is really envious of Davidoff for this achievement.

I'd like to have the liquid soap from this line. And surely I'd love to try GIT. If it's really a better Cool Water, it's probably the most pleasant scent in the world.

denmaz
denmaz

Clean n fresh. Very good option for hot weather. Some people compare this to Green Irish Tweed. Well, they seem similar but believe me that GIT is much better. Coolwater is just for casual user.

instantjim
instantjim

It is coming up to summer here in Australia and I bit the bullet and bought this to wear in the hotter months.

On previous occasions when I tried this at places selling perfumes I was not particularly impressed. I now know the problem was that to truly experience this fragrance I needed to be more generous with its application than the single spray offered by the young ladies who usually assist me.

Even so, I found it hard to pick the notes in Cool Water. What I can say it is a clean, fresh fragrance and I like it. In my preliminary notes (I have a notebook) I put down "herby citrussy opening", yet looking at the list of notes here on Fragrantica no citrus appears. After a number of tests I am certain there is citrus in the top notes and this is accompanied by lavender and herbs (one of which is mint). It has quite a soapiness about it for the first quarter of an hour to half an hour, making it seem somewhat like an aromatic fougere. After the top notes have faded, you are left with a classy, slightly herby musky fragrance. It reminds me to some degree of offerings such as Paco Rabanne XS. It does not last too long on me and after a couple of hour I feel the need to reapply it.

M.David
M.David

Yes!!Cool Water by Zino Davidoff is spectacular. On Friday I wore it at a social event and stand all the morning, the aroma is great so I recommend 100%.
And I´ll say that It has become commonplace to ask me... What fragance are you wearing? And the answer is Cool Water

Ladies love this scent and I am in love with my Cool Water!! IMO Cool Water is the most versatile fragrance; 8.5/10

flem
flem

This scent is not ground breaking by any means. However, it's a classic.

I consider it, basically, the definition of fresh and clean smelling. It can be confused with body wash or soap, but in a good way. Its hard to imagine anything other then cool running water and fresh spring air when you smell this.

It's related to Swiss Army (except slightly younger) and Aqua di Gio (just not has intricate or exciting).

Jave26
Jave26

In my opinion this is a timeless classic, A fragrance you can never go wrong with. I've been wearing this for years now & I won't stop anytime soon.

allunique999
allunique999

Masculine, Sporty, young, fresh...it says it all and very very long lasting. Great for summer.

ScottyVizz

I find it to be my most wearable fragrance, meaning it's always an appropriate occasion to wear Cool Water. It lasts long, draws compliments and smells nice. What's not to love?

Jeff
Jeff

My mom and i got Cool Water for my dad once and when i was little all cologne smelt the same. Smelt Nice. If i could use one word to describe this cologne it would "Cool", both meanings. It has a aqua water type essence mixed with that masculine yet subtle almost indescribable tone.

My favorite mens' scent. I suppose it could come across as dated because it is one of the very first aquatic men's fragrances and so many are now built along the same lines. It isn't a huge statement maker and most wouldn't use it as a signature scent because it's fairly common so you'll smell like a lot of other guys, but it's clear and sexy and attractive without being an olfactive challenge. I love this on men. Elegant, clean and sure.

jasonx
jasonx

The opening is nice but after about 10 minutes it turn smelling exactly like this cheap styling gel that I was using. A no no for me.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

My father wears, and has worn Cool Water for as long as I can remember. He rotates it with Aqua di Gio, which is not surprising to me as I find the two scents to be very similar in structure - both aquatic, both fresh, both clean.

There's a reason why this cologne has remained so popular - it's very well-put-together. I always recognize this one, and its distinctive tone always reminds me of my dad.

Along with the aquatic notes, I smell mostly lavender and woods, with a touch of something herbal, though I can't quite put my finger on what it is, exactly. Luca Turin, in, "The Guide," compared it to Green Irish Tweed, and it is similar to that cologne as well, but a bit more refreshing; bolder; louder; a bit more daring and intense; and a bit less refined.

I'd recommend this to a man who likes to smell clean and feel energized - maybe a sports fan or, more specifically, someone who enjoys water sports. It's not exactly sophisticated, but it's fun and certainly respectable.

Diablo
Diablo

Cool water was my first fragrance in 1998, when I was a teenage. It was very popular at that time. when I am smelling this fragrance now, it reminds me of my teenage, the girls, the party and a lot of troubles that I maked with my friends...... good times :)

periquito89
periquito89

To me, one of the most traditional fragrances of its kind. I've seen the well known advertisement since it was launched (1988) in a lot of magazines. I just tried it in the last few days. But the smell looks very familiar, since "Quasar", by the brazilian house "O Boticário", is quite similar.

Even though this is a fragrance to please some particular kinds of taste, and isn't a favourite of mine, this is much better than many scents of "blue spirit" (aqua, fresh, bright and so on). A little outdated, a bit synthetic, sharp and other things? I don't think it is so like that. Orbiting in an universe of so many stupid scents, this one still has some personality.

guest_the_great_layer
guest_the_great_layer

This does smell like grapes and some kind of alcohol, I'm not knocking this perfume it has it's place and that's at discos night clubs and bars if you are a heavy drinker and you smell of booze you need to slap this stuff all over you. If you meet Jesus with this perfume on you will be o.k

To me, this scent epitomizes cool, confident, effortless masculinity. Best for the Paul Newman types, rather than the Ernest Hemingways out there (you guys should stick with Azzaro Pour Homme or Paco Rabanne). Definitely fresh and clean, rather than dark and musky. May come across as a little young, but like many of the other reviews I think it is pretty versatile. I live in a hot climate, and it seems to hold up pretty well, even if it is humid and I have been sweating. The color of the bottle perfectly captures the feel of the scent (steely, deep blue). Perfect for night time outings in a button-up shirt or suit, but also laying around in a plain white t-shirt.

SaintLue
SaintLue

Very Refreshing and not overpowering at all.One of my true favorites

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Very popular. It's fresh, clean, and suited for an everyday scent. Smells like fabric softener.

persian_girl
persian_girl

Even it is an old scent, it is still nice. My BF wears it and it is very sexy and it is nice that it reminds me of him. We live far away from each other and last time he left one of his t-shirts in my home.. I wore it and I still could smell him even after a week! Gives a feeling of cleanness and freshness.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Perfume with a delicious aroma. It is involving, giving the wonderful sensation of bath and coolness. It is attractive, therefore it approaches the people around you. It is versatile, because can be worn for diurne or nocturnal use.
This perfume is a peace of art of the world-wide perfumarie. Because of this, year after year, is still a best seller in all countries.

afraafra
afraafra

Opening seems too sharp nowadays, making it dated, a little linear also. But women seem to love it.

luz
luz

Very interesting fragrance, even smells synthetic at the dry down (I feel this way about many aquatic fragrances), it is unique and very easy to recognize. Good classic, for all ages.

I once dated a guy that wore this cologne all the time. It was through him wearing this fragrance that I realised that some masculine scents are specifically designed to attract women.

This perfume is amazing and the after-shave is just as good. I actually have a bottle, because I bought it for an another boyfriend but decided at last minute that he didn't deserve gifts.

You can really smell the lavender scent in this, but it is in no way a girly scent. Cool Water is so masculine and sexy. On a man, this fragrance drives me wild.

It is indeed a strong fragrance, however it is refreshing and quite summery. My current boyfriend now wears this scent to tease me because he knows the effect it has over me.

sjanira
sjanira

This is one of my very favorites. I love the way it smells on a man. It's sexy, masculine, sporty but conservative. It lasts and it just gets better with time. A classic clean scent that will never go out of style in my opinion. I remember when my then b/f used to wear it. I swear he only wore it cause he knew it would drive me crazy. Yeah....I was all over him enjoying the scent and well other things....

Robert White
Robert White

I love this scent on men. When my husband wears it, I always end up standing well within his body heat, just inhaling. It's clean and, yes, a bit like detergent or deodorant in that they all use these aquatic scents anymore, but that just blends with the man's own scent and makes it smell personal but clean, a lovely, attractive combination.

guillermostf
guillermostf

I like it, but just for a while, it's not the kind of fragrance i like to use everyday. Smells like a lot of deodorant, but i know this perfume it's original in someway.

Annette87
Annette87

This is a very sexy fragrance. One of my husband favorites. Whenever he is wearing it I just want to smell his neck all night and maybe sometimes he gets a little luckier.

dandy721
dandy721

Very good fragrance now became a classic one, long lasting and fresh. I think this one was a fortune for Mr Davidoff in the year when they launched it was the best selling togheter with kenzo pour homme

LORENA
LORENA

strong, long lasting, and sexy. A great perfume, and by the way, excellent choice of the model for the last cool water advertisement, ja ja

amanda
amanda

i like this one very much, for me it comes very masculine, and sexy, though a bit conservative.

Cool Water by Davidoff 3.71 out of 5 based on 2869 ratings and 441 user reviews

COOL WATER INTO THE OCEAN for MEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
33.50 GBP
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml
Cool Water Coral Reef Cologne by Davidoff, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition for Men
Beauty.com
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men, 1.35 fl oz
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men, 1.35 fl oz
Davidoff Cool Water Eau De Toilette Natural Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Davidoff Cool Water Eau De Toilette Natural Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Gift Set 4.2oz
Cool Water Gift Set by Davidoff Gift Set for Men Includes 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 oz After Shave Splash
39.50 GBP
Davidoff Cool Water Man Night Dive Eau de Toilette 75ml
Davidoff Cool Water Man Night Dive Eau de Toilette 75ml
Gift Set 2.5oz
40.00 GBP
Davidoff Cool Water Man Nightdive Eau de Toilette 75ml Gift Set - Exclusive To Boots
COOL WATER for MEN by Davidoff SET-EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ AFTERSHAVE 2.5 OZ
Beauty.com
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men, 2.5 fl oz
Davidoff Cool Water Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men, 2.5 fl oz
Zappos.com
Davidoff - Davidoff Coolwater Fragrance Eau de Toilette 2.5 oz Spray No Color - Beauty
Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean Eau De Toilette Spray 2013 Limited Edition 125ml 4.2oz
Davidoff Cool Water Coral Reef Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Cool Water fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Cool Water, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cool Water by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cool Water by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.