Designers » D E » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Cool Water Davidoff for women

ozonic
Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Davidoff for women Pictures

Ten years after the successful launch of Cool Water for men, women’s version was finally released. The scent is very calm with aquatic notes that remind us of ocean breeze and cool sea-water, fruits and woods. Top notes are luscious, cool and aquatic with Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Quince, Pineapple, Lotus and Lily. Heart notes are gentle flowers; May Rose, Jasmine and Muguet. Base notes are Musk, Vanilla, Peach, Sandalwood, Orris and Vetiver. Cool Water was created by Pierre Bourdon in 1996.

Pineapple Quince Black Currant Lily Melon Lemon Lotus Calone

Midsummer Woman

Cool Water Fragrance Reviews

Pema_Tsolmo
Pema_Tsolmo

This is nice fragrance, but I can see it wearing only during very hot summer days. It is delicate and fresh enough to feel comfortable at hot weather. At cool or simply warm days it would be too savourless.

promaya
promaya

I've been using Eternity for over 15 years now. I have heard so many people connecting Eternity to this one that i had to try it finally. The trouble is - I see no similarities. :)
Apart from being non-sweet, they're two completely different genres. I assume that what is most appealing in Eternity to most of its fans is not really the freshness but rather the overall impression which is probably why I can't seem to be able to establish a connection.
It's fresh in a masculine way (which is good) with prominent lotus (I'm not surprised to see it both in the main and middle tones) and, as someone already said- very energetic. The presence of melon in this combo is probably not y cup of tea because I just don't see sandalwood and melon as a part of the same picture (I like melon in Issey Miyake, 'tho) but, what bugs me is the transformation of the smell - I could wear the smell that this juice radiates for the first hour or so but but, the last waves of the fragrance, fruity and with strong sandalwood are just not something I like to smell on my pashmina the next day.
This way or the other, as always, it's about personal tastes. If I leave out the fact that I'm not fascinated by the smell coming from this bottle, I can say that this is a decent perfume. The only objective complaint is poor longevity.

rosesandpearls
rosesandpearls

I really liked this when it first came out. I smelled it the other day though, and I didn't like it any more. I wouldn't buy it now. I don't know if the formula has changed or what, but I suspect it has. It just doesn't smell the way I remember at all. I wish I'd bought some of it when I liked it. Oh well.

suhaesa
suhaesa

a new freshness.. master piece ..cool water davidoff by the genius Pierre Bourdon paved the way for the new trend of aquatic.. new ..airy.. watery ..light ..fresher.. perfumes..ok at the time i just had it.. never used it.. thought of it as a more masculine scent.. reminds me of airplane clean ozonic smells and the hand towels .. or beachy smells ..many years latter i find it great for dubais extremely hot weather.. i still can spray it both on me and my son and instantly feel energised ..clean.. and fresh..it has that laundry detergent and comfort softener vibe to it ..in a good way.. it still has a deep background musky spicy accord ..i am reviewing a pre 2000 bottle.. so it was at the time highly synthetic to my nose.. i can only imagine how the newer formulas are like.. never the less its still a master piece.. that bridged the gap between cool aquatic scents and casual safe daily use..
a recognizable scent ..that will please everyone ..at least it wont offend many.. and people will just be ok around you..not squirming inside from naucious feelings.. nor will they be mesmerized and dying to ask what you are wearing..nor will they remember you forever.. in their olfactory memory ..for you smell like a million others they ve already smelled.. but you will not be a stranger either.. and you will instantly gain closer grounds.. as the girl next door... if you are in a bus.. an elevator.. work place.. or schools it has that clean.. refined.. watery ..cool ..serene ..clean.. feel to it.. it has an extremely uplifting ..energizing vibe to it.. as if it instantly transports you to a breezy.. beachy scene.. with cool winds.. and cool water.. the bottle color the desingh and the composition all fall hand in hand beautifully.. the accords all sing songs of joy.. and harmony.. no wonder there were more than a thousand flankers and imitations of it ..its a universal pleaser.. a worldwide phenomenon.. of purity.. sublimity and cleanliness..cool water a masterpiece.. that will be copied and copied over and over again but will always remain in my back shelves unfortunately(with the exception only if i am in a really hot place)..for it does have that cooling effect maybe its just psychological from the name the bottle color and the association with the beaches and cool waters ..but it also does realistically have a cooling sensation from the citruce and the aquatic new freshness accords..just as in issy miaki

chuetta
chuetta

This is a typical mother perfume you want for your own when you grow up. This was my mom's summer scent for so long, and it was so amazing. As every good summer scent, this wasn't overpowering or strong, but it was definitely there, people would pick up on the smell and ask "are you wearing perfume?" as if this could very well be a natural scent coming from days of being to the beach.
I finally got it for my own and thankfully my chemistry mixes well with it too; i can't wait for summer to wear it.

miss Trui
miss Trui

This fragrance makes me so happy. I can snell it for hours on my skin. You can wear it every day and at every moment. I met this fragrance not so long ago. I akways use to wear daily "tribu" from Benetton but for me it's not available anymore. So then I met this Cool lady. And I love her. It's decent and pretty and last very long.

busdrivertohell
busdrivertohell

I, like many others, had this perfume back in its heyday. I started out liking it, and had a big bottle of it. Then "it" happened: I ended up coming down with a really bad case of pneumonia. The scent of this ended up sticking in my sinuses for the duration of the pneumonia, and ended up being totally turned off by it. Unfortunately, since it was popular, it was EVERYWHERE. It made me physically ill to even smell it anymore. It was a sickly sweet assault on my olfactories.

Almost *cough*15 years later*cough* I went to give it another try, because I did like it before I became ill. I took one small whiff, and I immediately looked for the nearest garbage can to lose my lunch. Darn that sense of smell being strongly tied to memory. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to remember why I liked it to begin with, and I live with a slight jealous streak toward those who can actually stand to smell Cool Water without getting ill.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

I had the wrong idea about this. Considering the name and the bottle I thought it was going to be something different. The melon here bothers me, I expected a totally cold, non sweet aquatic thing and this is not it. It even reminds me a bit of the way a car smells when you put those little tree shaped car fresheners in it. It's also worth mentioning that the lasting power of this on me is very poor. In the end, not my thing at all. If I want an aquatic, clean/freshly showered smell, I'll continue going to CK Eternity Aqua.

Su_Bakshi
Su_Bakshi

Hi. I have this deodrant bottle which is a little more than half left. I don't use it much. If any one wants to swap it , messege me .

HippyChick2

Thank you to those who connected this fragrance to Aqua Eternity! My fiance loves Cool Water but I have always found CW to be too sporty.

We have tried several aquatics but none of them really made an impression. After reading your comments, I tried Aqua Eternity and guess what! We both love it!

For me I love the grown-up elegance and for my fiance, he is happy because it has the "zip" he has always found appealing in Cool Water.

Beezle
Beezle

Having truly missed the 90's perfume era, I had no date connection to this fragrance. I picked up a bottle and neglected it for many years. Occasionally spraying one wrist while deciding weather to wear perfume that day. It was one of only a few I owned and was saving it for an occasion that never came. Yesterday I truly wore it for the first time. One spray on each wrist and one on my body. WOW it was strong for the first hour. Wondering how the people I worked with in close quarters would take it, I was surprised that no one seemed even to notice. The longevity is amazing as it is the next morning and I can still smell it as a skin scent 15 hours later. It seems the perfect scent for perking you up where light physical activity is done. I found it energizing, just the thing for working with the public to keep me in a light positive mood. Its bright, fresh clean. I enjoyed it.

jenny.boucher.94
jenny.boucher.94

Loved this scent over 20 years ago. Now it's too strong, overpowering, overdone. Still a nice smell but as a room spray, not as a perfume.

bashak
bashak

Eternity Aqua and Davidoff Cool Water supposed to be fresh and airy but some flowery note is blowing into my nose and i feel sick. Jadore and so many flowery fragrance in the same way. I wear Poem easyly but Cool Water seems heavy to me. Makes no sense. Any idea what note it can be?

polly golightly
polly golightly

troppo maschile per i miei gusti, su di me è orribile, su altri mi piace.

becuille
becuille

Yes, this smells of the 90s. No, I don't care. 90s aquatics seem to get a much harder time than any other older perfumes. Nobody smells aldehydes in a perfume and says "Eww, that's so 1920s!" The 90s was long enough ago that the clothing styles are now back in fashion for people who weren't even born then. So to me, much like many other great fragrances, this one is "classic" rather than "dated".

This is a remarkably fresh, feminine scent. Like L'eau D'Issey, the melon note is very prominent. There's also lashings of calone, which is a chemical compound often added to aquatic scents to give a watery, oceanic smell (I think this may be the very compound people who hate aquatics with hate so much, so it's a very love it or hate it kind of a note to add).

It's a beachy, summery, sea breeze kind of a scent. The floral notes are pretty but soft, the fruit is more dominant.

Longevity is stellar and sillage is... well, if you like this you'll think it's moderate, if you don't, you'll probably think it's far too strong!

The men's version makes me absolutely melt when I smell it too - and I've even worn it on myself from time to time because I enjoy it so much.

It's easy to pick this up very cheaply, which makes a nice change from when I usually get a sample then try to figure out which bills I can delay paying to buy a full bottle ;) It's not maybe as nuanced or subtle as many other, pricier scents, but I love how it smells so I'm ok with that.

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

I don't get the derision for this one. Yeah, everyone wore it in my middle school, so what? It smells great and is enduring. Done by the masterful Pierre Bourdon, this is still miles away from the other teen scents there were before and since. Clean and aquatic, I love it. If it's good enough for Queen Letizia of Spain it's good enough for the rest of us!

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

cool water smells like:
the 90s
high school/college girls
cleaning products
teen magazines

once, a friend said "i have one perfume for dates and one perfume for the club" and i said, jokingly, "what's your club perfume, cool water?" ...i was right. it was cool water. of course it was cool water.
it's not really that bad but it's also not really that good either.

leki
leki

The first time I got this perfume for my birthday in 1996, since then I've spent 5-6 bottles. Every time I wear this I always get compliments. It's so clean and fresh. Real summer scent.

love ferfumes
love ferfumes

I've tried this several times, and each time got a difference feeling.
The first time I tried it (one year ago), all what I got is a cheap, soapy lemon smell. After 1 hour or so, it came to a sweeter layer (probably honey?, I can't remember much).
The second time is this summer, when I ran out of Be delicious and decided to give it another try. Still lemon(though not soapy), then it suddenly came to a mix of vetiver and melon. Still disappointed, since I was expecting lotus, too.
The third time: finally got the lotus. And it became softer and sweeter.

pink and pink
pink and pink

I prefer Cool Water to Light Blue. Light Blue's lemon is too strong for me. Cool Water more feminine more sweet more fruity. I LOVE it.

rziotti
rziotti

I love this fragrance! Realy good. For summer, with a White tshirt and jean, or very beatiful summer dress.
The concept Market idea its realy for the fragrance, its a sea, sexy. My note not 10 because i would like that sillage more intese, but ok. So note 9/10.
Remember mellon , sea, fresh , summer. very Good

mayke
mayke

This was the very first perfume I bought myself, which was about five years ago. There's still a little left in the bottle, but when it's finished I won't buy it again. I still think it's a good fragrance, but I don't really like to wear it anymore. I think I'll buy L'eau d'Issey instead.

lepalm
lepalm

While doing some spring cleaning, I found some samples of Cool Water in my junk jewelry box and I know they have to be about 17 years old. At the time I received the samples, I was sure it was something I wouldn't like. Thus it found its way to a dark and forgotten place in my closet.

Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like wearing a fragrance so I decided to finally test this one, the one I thought would be a barely there, short lived, too light for me scent. The one I thought would be just like wearing nothing at all.

First of all, when I opened the foil outer wrap I was surprised to see such a tiny plastic sealed vial inside, about the size of the tip of my pinky finger. When I opened the vial, I could smell the fragrance right away and when I applied it to my skin it was oil like! Not the watery, dilute edt I was expecting. The scent is familiar but not in any specific way. It it's absolutely gorgeous in a way I totally didn't expect. This is exactly what I would want a light aquatic fragrance to be: giving off a light, cool vibe but not watered down and gone in five minutes. Three hours into it, I can still smell it on myself just as potent as when I first applied it.

I saw a bottle of the edt in the drugstore yesterday. I would love to purchase this scent but something tells me the bottle behind the counter won't be anything like the concentrated sample I just tested. :-(

sadfuq

This just screams 90s to me. I do really love it though, it honestly does make you feel like you are by a beach.

yayu.kholie
yayu.kholie

Nice perfume but not good enough for me. Low sillage and longevity. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

dttk
dttk

My mother's favourite fragrance for the last 5-6 years and it smells heavenly on her; very suits to her skin and I can smell flowers when I give her a hug. It is also a soapy smell; clean and fresh in a good way. I don't think that it is a manly smell.

Chiquis
Chiquis

It’s interesting to read that people think Cool Water is dated… I can’t recall anyone wearing Cool Water back when I was in high school. All the girls wore Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Tommy Girl, or body sprays by Victoria Secret or Bath and Body Works. Therefore, to me this scent is still “now”.

Anyways, I’ve always wanted a bottle of this… To me it is iconic in a modern sense… I’ve always loved the men’s Davidoff Cool Water commercial with the late Paul Walker, so I’ve always been interested in testing the women’s Cool Water. A few months ago I was in Sam’s Club, passed by the fragrance section, and noticed the Cool Water tester bottle. I sprayed one spray on the outside of my wrist, sniffed, and was a little confused…. Since Cool Water is a summertime fragrance I was expecting a citrus (like Acqua di Gioia or Light Blue) or a straight aquatic (like Issey Miyake). It had an almost musky quality that I wasn’t expecting. Anyways, I continued my shopping and went about my day. Hours later I kept catching whiffs of Cool Water on my wrists and I found myself really enjoying it. Two weeks later on my next trip to Sam’s Club my first thought was to spray my wrist again with Cool Water. At that moment I knew I needed a bottle of my own.

What’s great is that Cool Water comes relatively inexpensive- sets are $52 or $62 depending on the size and a full size bottle at Sam’s Club runs about $38! Furthermore, for such an inexpensive perfume Davidoff Cool Water kicks Light Blue’s butt where longevity and sillage are concerned (I can’t say that for Acqua di Gioia which is the longest lasting summertime scent I’ve found thus far). It’s not at all citrus or coconut-y/tropical or fully aquatic like many of the summer scents. I can’t describe it as a laundry detergent-wannabe either. I can only describe it as feminine-fresh. That isn’t very specific, but that’s my best description. I absolutely adore the smell, but I’m a bit confused by the notes (Peach… where? Blackberry and raspberry… really??). I would say that the notes are very well balanced and mixed together so well that no one note stands front and center. Out of all the notes melon and musk might be the *most* noticeable, but even they aren’t "in your face".

Like I said I adore Cool Water. I’ve been wearing this for the last 2 weeks and have been getting many compliments. I will always own a bottle of this fragrance. I feel like this fragrance sits just fine next to my Flowerbomb, Alien, Nuits de Noho, and all the rest in my collection.

yellownose
yellownose

Bought this perfume since my husband love it. I don't really like strong aquatic and fresh type of perfume but this one is an exception. Smell like mild aquatic with a touch of flower, and its getting better on the middle note.

Chava
Chava

I tried a sample of this a while back, and "shampoo" is the only way I can describe it. I also agree with the other "hairspray" and "sunscreen" descriptions of it, and it has no lasting power. I'm not sure why people pay money for this when you can get the same smell from a bottle of shampoo from the supermarket.

jf72
jf72

maybe this is only moderate lasting for women's perfume? because for men's (i am male) this would be considered reasonably long lasting... that said, it smells like hair spray... make what you will of that

koltira
koltira

I don't really know what to say about it except on me it just smells like sunscreen. I'm not really a fan of the smell of sunscreen. It smells lovely on a friend of mine though. It doesn't last long, I couldn't smell it on me after a few hours.

Vampiris
Vampiris

this one smells outdated, I smelt something like this about 10-15 years ago..a bit cheesy..smells like a strong hair spray..plastic..i simply won't get it

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

A good perfume for everyday wear on hot summer days. This would make a great fresh fragrance for active beach vacations. It does give off a very active vibe. This scent better suits someone practising water sports instead of a sunbather. It's not a very feminine scent.

Upon spraying it I noticed that it was a sharp, but fresh scent on me. The aquatic and ozonic notes are the first notes that I noticed. Apparently it's supposed to smell a lot like pineapple, but I don't smell that at all. I don't mind though because pineapple is way too sweet for my tastes anyway. The scent really isn't all that sweet. I do however smell the melon and calone in the scent. There's also a little tinge of peach in it. You can already smell the musk when you apply it, but it's not overpowering the fresh notes.

After a couple of hours the freshness has gone and you're left with a faded salty and musky smell. I personally don't really like it and I would have preferred if it become a bit more sweet. The salty smell does remind me of the beach.

All in all, it's not feminine enough for me and a bit too musky. I like the initial aquatic and melony smell right after spraying, but I wouldn't buy again because I dislike the salty musk that appears after two hours of wearing it.

Melyche
Melyche

Like any other fresh and aquatic perfumes, this one is good for daily use and summer time. For instance, it's summer time you just want to take a walk, go to shopping or meet with friends for a few hours (2 to 3) and also you want to keep your freshness and don't want to wear something heavy in that summer day. Cool Water is one of the perfect selections!!

I used to be allergic to perfumes and this would force me to wear very light ones for any occasion. So that I have some experience about fresh perfumes.

Now my allergy is kind of gone and I prefer to wear sweet and spicy ones.

BiBi811
BiBi811

Finally I got my Cool water from duty free shop. One of my college friend had this and I used to love this from that day and this became my dream fragrance.

I love the Cool water.. it gives me a fresh, fruity and much more watery feeling. Like I just came back from a swim as in their advertisment. This can make me enjoy being myself and I think everyone around me would love this.

indi3cita
indi3cita

This is a classic for me. This was the second perfume I've ever got when I was in high school and I loved it. It brings me memories and I remember that the mayority of the girls had it. Love that blue bottle it's simple. At first it smells strong, spicy, musky and a little sweet from the pineapple, melon and the lemon. When it dries on me it smells sweeter but not overpowering and without loosing it's spicyness. The sweet is more like the berries and the peach. It's fresh, it last all day on me. It's perfect to use everyday in this tropical weather that I live in. When I use it I get compliments as a matter of fact I have a friend that always knows when I'm wearing Cool Water he he!! I love it, it's one of my favorites!!!!

SillageMonster
SillageMonster

I bought this for my girlfriend and she absolutely loves it! However when I was testing beforehand, I ran into some sort of batch variation. I have sampled about 6 or 7 Cool Waters from different retailers (just to confirm its not just the retailer) and 2 of them smelled almost rotten. I'm not sure if they were expired or stored incorrectly but 2 out of the 7 Cool Waters definitely smelled very off. When I finally got around to buying the bottle, I had the clerk allow me to open the box and test it before purchasing and thank goodness it was just fine. Regardless, its an inexpensive fragrance that isn't too bold but gets the job done and smells inoffensive and nice

theposhest
theposhest

Super fruity & candy, fills a whole room in a good way, quite delightful & cheery

genevieve.gan.3
genevieve.gan.3

Ugh, I do not like this one.

I blind bought this perfume from fragrancex.com and I'm disappointed :( The top and middle notes are just waaay to strong and spicy. 15 minutes after spraying it, it still smells like a men's cologne.
I would prefer something a little less overpowering as well. One spray of this is enough to let the perfume wear you. This one gives me a headache.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Floral Kool-Aid with a touch of chlorine - yet, somehow this works. Very fresh, summery, beachy. I like it.

sadfuq

I wish it were less fruity and had the aquatic notes kicked up more :/ At least the floral notes are nice.

Miriana93
Miriana93

This reminds me of summer and the beach. It is so fresh and aquatic. I just want to lounge in the sun when I wear it. It is perfect for hot, sweaty days because it oozes off you, leaving a trail of freshness. I just love the melon notes of it! It reminds me slightly of a guy's perfume too because I love their aquatic scents. I just can't get enough. I'm really glad that I have a 100mL bottle and I just can't wait for summer to wear it all day long. What I find disappointing is, that it is so light and fresh that it does not last long.

Maey
Maey

The fragrance does smell fresh and cool. And I quite like it. I got myself a small bottle but I'm not sure if I would get another one since it reminds me a bit of a common air freshener. Making this not that special.

Overall this is a quite light perfume and you can wear it for any occasion. It's OK.

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

Smells really bitter and strong for the first few minutes, but when the drydown begins...get ready to catch some compliments and glances ;)

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

this is the scent that i loved 7 years ago...at that time,i was still study in college...and fortunately,it was yesterday.....one of my colleagues wore that perfume and she smelled so good...i totally forgot the name of it and right after my colleague told me that it was actually davidoff,i am so happy that at least i could still smelled the scent although 7 years has passed by...how time flies...

i randomly guessed that there must be pineapple fruit (as i found it quite sharp,crisp n noticeable) at its initial spray...and also honey as part of the ingredients used...when i looked up for the compositions,it's true that there are pineapple n honey!yay!!

i love the fact that davidoff coolwater smells aquatic n fresh...besides,it also smells fruity sweet and as it dries down,it turn out to be a warm kinda scent...but the freshness remains...

Exceptional summery fragrance, fresh & little sweet, having great proportions between aquatic and flowery-fruity notes.
It was very popular many years ago and I also had it, even if I could smell it on many women.
Too describe it shortly: Splash in crystalline sea water, when sun is shining and world seems so beautiful...
Good ads, yeah.

alexluciak66
alexluciak66

Kind of overpowering for a 'oool-watery' type fragrance. I was expecting more delicate aquatic notes but it smelled like a spring rain bathroom air freshener to me.

Sayyy
Sayyy

So delicious. It's so fresh, clean and pretty. I think it's more fruity than floral.
Definitely a summer fragrance, perfect for a hot, sunny day.

brimanrique
brimanrique

One of my all time scent, I always come back to this in summer season, really love it. It is like a splash of water over you. easy, fresh, delicious, make me happy!

LisaMari
LisaMari

More like stale, cheesy sweat than cool water. I detect a metallic, salty scent too - yuck!

galaxy86
galaxy86

This is one of safest fragrance for anybody who loves ocean. It is non offensive, mild and fresh fragrance. I outgrew it but dont mind using it again. Definitely would buy again for gifting a teenager or introducing one to perfume world.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

This is a fresh, cool, energetic fragrance. Although I like the smell, I wouldn't wear it - I wouldn't mind it as an air freshener, but as a fragrance it is quite common and a bit boring.

nadine23
nadine23

i really really wanted to like this perfume, i mean i like it, because this is my kind of scent but it just doesn't work with my body chemistry, it stinks on my skin.. Anyway It's a very nice scent

aoki83
aoki83

I did find Cool Water very irresistible. it's nice clean, fresh , sweet citrus-aquatic beach scent. However, Davidoff, the designer of the Cool Water fragrance line is as a cigar maker. Can we say ,Yuck!

Goose pimples
Goose pimples

I wear this scent in the Mediterranean during the day by the pool or on the beach, perfect. The warmer it is the better it smells.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I purchased a new mini of this and dont like it.. It is very sharp & sour like grapefruit. It was not calm and it did not remind of any ocean breeze I have ever experienced. Thankfully it didnt last much more than 1/2 hour..

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

so when i was like 14 all the boys wore the mens version. i remember loving this fragrance on men, so i went out and bought the female version. i still have it half used 16 years later. hah. i get a fresh clean melon with floral notes. i dont get spice at all. i get a little musk too. its a petty light and fresh scent. i good running perfume. i imagine a woman who is going for a run and then to the beach wearing this. shes athletic. unforunately its just not me these days and reminds me way too much of middle school years.

my husband likes it.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

My sister used to wear this, and all perfumes seemed to smell really bad on her, but this one was actually decent. I'd even sneak into her room to sneak a few sprays lol. This was very popular in the early 2000's, around the time when I was in junior high. This was one of Macy's best sellers, and it was one of those testers that I'd always want to spritz myself to impress whatever jr. High bf I had with me at that time lol. Funny how this was everywhere, and now it's not even on the shelves for testing.. .. All we have now days is Flowerbomb and Juicy Couture. *sigh* not that cool water was that impressive or even a favorite, but it was always a good pick me up scent.. And the ads for this were very enticing, they really made you want to go out and buy it. The beautiful, blue eyed model with the refreshing, blue ocean in the background.. Haha, I remember.

Cool Warer is a cool, crisp aquatic scent. Simple, but.. Very refreshing, with a pineapple note, but to my nose, it smelled more like coconut water. And that's really what it reminds me of. A breezy, summer night at the ocean, drinking pins coladas or drinking coconut water straight from the coconut. This is true, natural coconut rather than the foody, cakey coconut you find in so many frags today. I also smell the honeydew, water lilly, sandalwood, and slight hints of jasmine. It's nice, but somewhat synthetic smelling. I wouldn't wear it personally, it's always smelled really good on other women... But as a personal rule, I steer clear of aquatic scents. Just not sexy or deep enough for me. I'm quite surprised that this has so many notes, as its rather linear.. But this lasts all day and projects really well.

For those of you that love aquatic scents, this is a must have. It doesn't smell cheap either. But I think everyone should encounter this at least once. It's so refreshing..

lisa.vokorina
lisa.vokorina

I bought a bottle and discovered that it had changed for the worse.

It used to be transparent and seamless. I guess they have cheapened the formula. Now it's too spicy, too sweet and all the notes just sit there.

I guess I should try the newer flankers, but this one is gone forever.

kylieb8
kylieb8

I tried Cool Water years ago and didn't like it. Lately however, I have gone off my usual sweet floral perfumes and have been wanting something fresher so I thought I'd give this another go as I adore Cool Water for men on my husband. So far it is delivering the freshness that I wanted. Could be a winner.

Edit: Cool Water does have a fresh fragrance at first spray and then it's gone. Won't be repurchasing.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

The dominant smell on my skin is some sort of plastic melon, possibly surrounded by aquatic flower notes from the lotus and water lily, and with a soapy musk in the base. But that's about it. Looking at the extensive list of notes here makes me totally confused since I don't smell even half of it. The positive feature of this fragrance is the longevity, which is good for an aquatic scent.

jennifer.radcliffe3

2nd review for this...Such a disappointment I loved it at first then it went horrid smelt masculine. It beats me as to how people can wear this. all I get is a boring Lily of the Valley , predictable water scent. Nothing exciting about this what-so-ever.

aleena sam
aleena sam

It smells like water as it says... but less longevity on me.

charmybird
charmybird

I like this perfume, but that's just it. It's pleasant, but nothing too special. I'd wear this when I'm lounging by the beach or something. I'm not sure how often I'll reach for this now that I have CK Eternity Aqua in my collection.

lannyM
lannyM

feel bored every time I use this perfume. I didn't really like it

MartineLanthier
MartineLanthier

I like Cool Water. However, on me, I do not get the fruity and flowery feels described by other. I get aquatic, fresh, summer breeze, after sun, beach and sand (which is still very good!). It holds well and it's not too young or too girly.

MrsStyles143xx
MrsStyles143xx

My mother wears this all the time. It definately makes a statement, but I wouldn't wear it. It's too much of a 'grownup' smell for me. I prefer something much sweeter than this.

stormyla
stormyla

This does not smell like anything that a human should wear as fragrance. It is very synthetic smelling and would do nothing to enhance any person's natural smell as it is so unnatural smelling.

It smells like it was made in a laboratory that specializes in creating scents to be used in industrial products. It almost makes me think that it was marketed as a personal fragrance to be a joke on the public. For some strange reason, a lot of people embraced it.

skimrande

On me, this one smells awful. I clashed competely with my own scent.I bought it several years ago, and I wound up giving it to my sister...which was a good decision; on her it smelled absolutely wonderful!!

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

Light, clean, fresh scent that lives up to its name. Great for summer.

sugarmouse24
sugarmouse24

This is my go-to perfume for casual days. It's light and fresh and relatively long lasting.

sandra9
sandra9

I love it so much. First perfume I ever received from my husband. I've been using it for a long time.I never get bored.

orangelips
orangelips

Personally.. I don't really like it. I prefer warm, sweet, feminine, sophisticated scents. Cool Water is quite the opposite of this. It reminds me of cold & sharp modern career women.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I finally got around to trying this out. Its not too bad, but its not a fragrance I can see myself wearing a lot. I was surprised when I saw so many notes listed for this. On my skin its almost pure water lilies with a tiny bit of melon and a dash of musk. I'm not picking up much else in this. I'm not the biggest fan of aquatic fragrances but I can totally see how this a big hit back in the day. If you are person who loves soft aquatic scents theres a good chance you will love this....

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is among my favorites yet ever since it was launched, all I ever used was a mini. I was able to finish it but I never repurchased until now.

It's weird I know but it smells like food for me---I can't place if it is a savory food or a sweet food but I definitely smell something I can eat. Also my mom who is fond of the classier fragrances would always tell me that of all that I used, this is what suits me the most. And she's right.

Cool Water for Women may not be as popular and loved as its male counter part but I love it because it is well blended. It does not smell like a bathroom cleaner but still reminds me so much of being in the ocean. It is aquatic but not too sterile. It is also one of the fragrances that do not give me a headache. It makes a good staple---not sexy or anything like that but it sure smells good.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

it defintily smells like water just as it says. i love this perfume,it makes you confident, some say it is masculine,but i dont think it is! it smells like a very fresh cool woman

bliss
bliss

I've had a bottle for years but forgot about it. I do love the cool, fresh scent but it lasts less than an hour on my skin. I guess that's why i put it away and forgot about it. I do enjoy it while it lasts though. It would be a favourite of mine if it had any staying power.

volpe
volpe

i just love this perfume.......

naomin
naomin

Loved this frag back in the day, a lovely light crisp watery, slightly citrus with a dab of ocean; rather a gem for what it's worth. Surprisingly good lasting power too! I could smell this one, here and there, all day, and received plenty of compliments.

SueLidstone
SueLidstone

I love the smell of this fragrance, so fresh and watery, cool like a summer breeze on the ocean. It lives up to it's name perfectly!

laurakaye
laurakaye

Tried this at a department store, gave my arm a couple of good healthy spritzes. My initial reaction was fresh, open air, summer day, blue sky. I could see myself using this on a hot summer day with no problem. But 30 minutes later I went to give my arm another sniff and it was all but gone. I might buy it and use it when I want to feel extra cool in summer, I just wish it lasted longer.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

I tried this at my local perfume shop I wanted a new summer fragrance and thought this would be perfect, until I tried it.. It smelled exactly like my local swimming pool/chlorine lets say I didn't buy it.

juliaten
juliaten

Smells so amazing, not too sweet, like fresh fruits. And i used to have this perfume when I was 16. Now Im 26 and I just sprayed this perfume at a store and Im thinking to buy this one again. This smell is really good to me.

birdy
birdy

i'm looking for a summer perfume i tried cool water, really nice feminine and aquatic fruity not salty. i think we can wear it all the year, not only summer because it has a drydown musky and sweet that make it also warm.
very nice and classic in the escada escada 2005 way or into the blue.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This was my first and last venture into the aquatic realm. This smelled like French fries on my skin, yuck.

Kaleide
Kaleide

This is a delicious scent. Fresh and sensual, but not in an in your face kind of way. Tender. Good all rounder (but I guess it's at its best in the summer).

Does not radiate on me. Maybe it's cold April causing it.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

The first aqua ,ozonic perfume that re-started it again in the 90's after it ended with the 60's but this time very succefully . Fresh and clean yet it has that sharp notes at the beginning to make it a stand out perfume ..moderate sillage & longevity but honestly if this perfume had longer one it would be a killer ;and not in a good way perfect for summer but still sexy ;)

xVal
xVal

Smells very masculine on me, I think it's a nice perfume for a man.

evanthie
evanthie

on me it smells...vanilla...:/ such a disappointment

Tian
Tian

My very first perfume in life. and I still like it. and price wise, very reasonable. I always stock the 30ml version which I can take on travel.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Cool Water is a lovely, simplistic summer scent. It's so clean smelling; very blue, smooth, and aquatic. There is nothing offensive about this perfume.

My mother bought and wore this when I was growing up. She was/is not a super feminine woman, nor was she big on perfume. Everything she's ever owned has been mostly light and clean. Around the time she had this, it was popular. I ended up stealing it from her and I had a friend who LOVED it. One day, we decided to trade bottles. Her A&F 8 perfume for my moms Cool Water. Haha, I love memories!

CW can be found at a very low price these days. I've seen it plenty of times in gift sets at the discount stores (Marshalls, TJs, etc).

wonderlu
wonderlu

I usually like aquatic scents, but there are not many perfumes that makes me nauseous. This is by far the worst one.. sorry, but..yuck;( I liked it a little in the beginning though, but after a few days the scent just did not get off my wrist.

jojo26
jojo26

Bought this for my mom. It's a very safe and yet fresh frag. I couldn't over the aroma. It's so summer. It's balanced. Not too sweet, not too green. Love this!

lcommisso
lcommisso

This was a cheap buy at Marshalls. I wear it when I'm going out to breakfast early on the weekend and didn't have time to shower. It does smell fresh and clean, but also reminds me of high school, when all the popular girls wore it. It isn't what I would call mature, but again, a good temporary substitute to showering.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

I don't know, but this perfume somehow evokes strange and beautiful memories in my mind. I find it zesty to a great amount and minty as well. To me, there's also a sweet strawberry-like note which is not at all like anything I've smelt before.

Melon, quince and pineapple are the first to dazzle me along with mint which follows shortly later. Mint's not listed in the notes, but I definitely get the cool, chewing-gum like aura.
The mint mingles softly with pretty, cottony white flowers which generally please. Overall, at this stage, it's a sweet, fruity bubblegum with a twist of minty freshness. I wouldn't say this would be an aquatic.

The sweetness carries on further till a little bit of the lotus comes up and makes things more interesting. Now, the fruity rhythm also smells a little like funky soap. BUT I STILL LOVE IT.

The base is a light, silky vanilla with a skin-reminiscent musk. The fusion of tropical fruits and flowers is still there, but from before's afternoon Hawaii it's more of a sunset New Zealand which I find surprisingly adequate and wearable. The best perfume on a sweltering summer day road trip which is also full and fresh. I'm lovin' it!

shopgirl
shopgirl

Totally in love with this fragrance! Beautiful, fresh, clean. This is my 'go to' perfume, and I'm never bored by it. Other perfumes like your Britneys and Kylies I tire of so quickly, but this is definitely a keeper!

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

oh my goodness.. there seems to be a lot of reviews already on this perfume.. I received this as a gift from my sister-in-law recently & just tried using it a few days ago, I must say that its a "younger woman" scent alright, maybe it has a different "scent" on an "older woman" like me, but its not so bad. Like most people who reviewed this, its pure aquatic to me, more of the "beach and sea" kind of scent, Sillage is good & dry down is a nice fresh scent on my skin and I'm Asian. I don't mind the "age group" thing at all..

a 8/10 for me.

OliviaW
OliviaW

This is the best spring and summer scent around. It's light without being unnoticeable. It's crisp, cool, and always reminds me of being by the sea and the summer and all the things I love about that season. I love it.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

This has definitely been named right. Very very cool.
I use to own one of these and really liked it, but I see this now as more of a Sporty fragrance which really isn't me.
Very popular though. One to their own!

thural
thural

Quite possibly the worst scent I have ever been subjected to. Smells like a cucumber dipped in Nair and set on fire, possibly with a match that has been dipped in Pledge. Fascinatingly horrible and incredibly enduring; I had to shower, scrub, and then rub my wrists and chest with rubbing alcohol to get it off, and the thing still lingered.

olkynlove
olkynlove

As a teenager i used to love this scent. Oooh so fresh, so light, so wonderful. Made me wanna live. So young girls you can't make mistake with this one.

bluebalu
bluebalu

Davidoff Cool Water is aquatic, crispy, watery, citrus, fresh, fruity, clean, icy. I love the smell, unfortunately it has a strong alcoholsmell on my skin (like mosquito spray) :(

bluebalu.

luna1234567
luna1234567

Very dresh and summery but too many people use it. It's too mainstream.

Britt005
Britt005

i got this as a gift and i really hate it !! i don't know what it it 'cause i mostly like the notes that are in it.

skimrande

bought it and wore it for a while in 2000 but the scent didn't match my own scent and so I didn't smell particularly good. I wound up giving it to my sister. on her it smelled great!

Melissa26
Melissa26

I haven't had this perfume in awhile. But when i did i loved it.

mimo aulia
mimo aulia

i love the strong fruity smell from melon n pineapple in the beginning (with fresh citrus in the background, and then slowly became smooth and sweet with floral scent, and in the end all of those scent are still there in the background with the peach and musk and vanilla.
it's energizing and fresh, but sweet, definetely give u summer feeling.
i have been using it since 1999, and this is still one of my fav...

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

Way back in the mid-90s, I tested both this and Liz Claiborne Vivid, and I wish I had bought this instead of the Vivid. This was sweeter and somehow more fun.

RGR
RGR

I would describe Cool Water as an energizing, aquatic, fresh, sporty-like fragrance.
Mind you I have worn this out on dates, meetings, parties, offices, religious affairs, shopping ventures, trips and even to bed! I have worn this through spring, summer, autumn and winter. Im currently on my 3rd bottle.

It starts out all fruits and citrus. Then I get watery flowers and more mouth watering fruits. The dry down is still watery, peachy and maybe some vanilla or musk.This perfume transforms me into a mermaid, a fruity and aquatic siren.

I get a cooling and relaxed feeling. This is why I love it so much. I feel like I am vacationing somewhere and I refuse to leave. It doesn't have strong wood notes like other popular ozonic perfumes. Its just a very fresh and clean scent. Guys love this one!

apotter
apotter

very clean smell with this i think its one you either love or hate for me its love you dont need to use a lot in one go its aroma has good staying power if you like a fresh smell this is it.

Sheilagold
Sheilagold

This is my favourite summer fragrance! The scent gives me fresh and clean feeling in a hot summer day.

zack4eva
zack4eva

love it for men! hate it for women!

swtpces
swtpces

My boss has it. I tried it when she bought the bottle to the office. The fragrance is not for me. I usually like masculine scents but this did not appeal to me. It smells unique, however. It is crisp and indeed aquatic.

silverain82
silverain82

Back in '03 I was 20 years old, and in my first serious relationship. Anyways, He called me one day and said he was at the flea market and there were several people there selling perfumes/colognes... He was naming off the ones they had, and when he said they had "Cool Water" i said yes, that's the one I wanted... I had never smelled it before, but knowing that I loved aquatic scents... I figured i'd like it. He came and picked me up at my house so I could stay with him for the weekend...I grabbed the bottle of Cool Water and ahhhh I loved it!!! I wore it every day for several years! Anyway... fast forward to this year... That boyfriend, and that bottle of cool water were long gone... My aunt surprised me one day with a mini bottle of cool water. I took it out and sprayed it and man, talk about a time portal! It instantly took me back to 2003, and made me think of my ex...I didn't really wanna be reminded of him... but the perfume smells sooo wonderful, I love it now just as much as I loved it then...only now it has a TON of memories associated with it...but that's okay!

winterapple
winterapple

This brings back memories of the 90's for me. My female siblings and cousins were crazy about this fragrance when they were teenagers. It's one smell I haven't got bored of. I like it because it's not too candy sweet. It's refreshing and calm. I absolutely love anyone passing by wearing Cool Waters or anything similar because it just calms me down and think of the sea.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

Smells just like the "ocean-y" fragrances. Kind of sporty, pretty masculine, and aquatic. Not something I would wear.

PrincessFragrance
PrincessFragrance

I bought this around 1 and a half/2 years ago. I liked it at first, thinking it would be a nice fruity scent which would be perfect for summer. Now I don't even consider wearing it. I don't know whether it's just that mine has gone bad or simply that I just dislike it now. It smells extremely musky to me now and I can't smell any fruit

navara
navara

in my top 10 of all time, lovely, a bit sweet but not too much, fresh, very feminine smell, always reminds my of summer, trips to the park, hot crazy nights etc. I can't imagine anyone not liking it :P

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

I was wowed by this in the Macy's after smelling about 30 other perfumes before this. I can't see anyone not liking this. I am positive that if this is not liked by someone its either an old bottle or fake.

Apaschoal
Apaschoal

Wonderful fragrance! Light and refreshing is also very long lasting and I find it perfect for me because it's not too sweet. I've received many complements when wearing this fragrance, it's been a few months since I switch to a Channel fragrance, but I have to say I miss my Cool Water and will definitely get some more soon!

daflowerbomb
daflowerbomb

I can tell you this perfume has good sillage as I was sitting halfway up the bus from someone who was definitely wearing it. It is difficult to tell this from your own perfume as your nose ignores it after a while. Lovely, unusual. Eating a lemon tart at the seaside.

yaya12
yaya12

Love it! Love it and love it!

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

Fresh, fruity and crispy. I can feel pineapple, melon and lotus. Please don't pay attention to negative reviews, but try it yourself. It is really good summer perfume, not too sweet or sour as most fresh perfumes on the market. Cool Water captures air by the sea or ocean :)

selva.solimar
selva.solimar

This was my "go to" fragrance for a couple of years. It's fresh and kind of sporty and it's a nice every day scent. I've a hyper bubbly personality and this was a bit more serious for me. I used this in my mid to late 30s.

stahlvivek
stahlvivek

Hey girls, I am a male , living in perth,australia.
After getting review from girls here in fragrantica,Yesterday i wore meditteranean by elizabeth arden!.wow i got many jealousy looks from a few of the women passengers in the metro..well i will layer it with cool water and make their hearts burn out of jealousy and an aquatic fruity suffocation! lol..

This fragrance is quite unisex and smells of marine fruity accords, I love it...

nikki adam
nikki adam

when i was younger i was visiting my aunt and since i was her favorite she let me play in her room and i found this on her dresser and she let me try it. since then it always been my favorite. so fresh, light and watery. every other fragrance have some similar aroma always remind me of this one.

AirCitrusWater
AirCitrusWater

So romantic!

This was the very first fragrance I ever fell in love with. A must try. If you love it at first inhale you'll love it always.

The smell is like the color, warm/cool, mesmerizing, enchanting, sweet/breezy/intense/delicious/calming.

A signature fragrance for so many women in their early 20's, it's iconic.
I still glimpse the bottle in purses and smile when I recognize it on someone.
It's distinct. It's still the fragrance I measure all other fragrances against. Does Ralph, Bvlgari or Armani Code measure up to Cool water?
I gave it up because it became too popular. My husband said he smelled my scent in restaurants and on the street and I wasn't there, it was very disorienting.
Many people have stated how others catch a whiff of Cool Water at airports and on the street and it instantly reminds them of someone.

I haven't smelled it so much lately, perhaps many people are hopping to the imitators and "watery" has now become a category.

Perhaps it is time to go back.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

This is nice! it surprised me that I found this a lovely perfume cause I normally hate citrussy smells and lemon. but this actually worked for me!:-)

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

At first it's a bit masculine but after a while it smells so beautiful and exotic!

It really is fresh and clean and a true classic!

joyjoyjoy
joyjoyjoy

it smells good at the first 5 mins. then the sandalwood ruins every thing. not cool at all. next.

clairest
clairest

Cool Water Woman is a trustworthy classic to me.
I find this a soothing, comforting scent.

I immensely enjoy the description by 'anomie et ivoire', earlier in this page. According to her the predominant note is a "fuzzy, large orange cartoon beast in the corner who is trying to hide behind fables of beach scenes and waterfalls".

I don't mind the large, warm, fluffy beast at all, and I admit I do find orange to be the true colour of this perfume, even if it's hidden in a quiet blue bottle.

It's tropical fruit, much more than anything aquatic. In later phases the fruit is carried by something calm and airy, yes. But not water. And certainly not seawater.

jennifer.radcliffe3

I really love the fresh aquatic smell, with a fruity hint. However, it has no lasting power. I have to re-appy it by midday

anordicgirl
anordicgirl

Love it and I would say that pretty similar to Hugo Boss "Hugo Woman". Fresh and fruity.

soblue2
soblue2

This perfume is way too sweet and strong smelling, the pineapple really shows through, aquatic notes are crisp and lingering. It just didn't suit my skin, I had several people try it and finally found a friend that could use it and I know she'll buy more.

ver jaina
ver jaina

yuck, the melon smells rotten on my skin :(
it smells like an insect repellent
a failed blind buy..sadly

jesz
jesz

Pine needles.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Upfront: Cool Water Woman ranks as my least favorite fragrance in existence. I've tried to like it, been terrorized by near and dear's daily wearings of it, and have no recourse to criticize those wearings because it's "inoffensive" and "nice." No, but there is so much nicer to be had! Nearly anything has more character. Hygienic sportiness is done better by classic chypres and greens. Rather than these chlorinated coffee shop chain fruit cup concoctions, why not iris, mint, lavender, or simple citrus cologne for a refreshing fragrance theme?

Cool Water Woman's melon or calone dominant note is fuzzy and large like an orange cartoon beast in the corner who is trying to hide behind fables of beach scenes and waterfalls. All I smell here is fermenting fruit salad. The various lotus and water lily notes only add to a strange, stagnant poorly-tended swimming pool tone. With images like that evoked, I'd think this could at least be an interesting fragrance, but it's not; it's just trying to be clean but coming off as rotting.

Fresh and clean aquatic scents appeal to many in hot weather, but please at least go light on the trigger with this one. A little dab will do.

Many perfumes I love are not well-liked these days: they're old-fashioned. Cool Water couldn't be old-fashioned; merely outdated, and that's after less than two decades. The fragrance equivalent to shag-carpeting, though released two decades too late in the null 90s (if only it never had been released). If you really like aquatics, Missoni Acqua does everything Cool Water purports to do but with more style and at close to the same price.

Overall rating: -6.3333/10
Longevity: 6+ hours
Sillage: large for an aquatic, a bit like the smell that drifts out of industrial laundry sites.
Gender: just wear the slightly better men's version please, whatever your gender may be!
Occasion: casual sports, denial of all things sensual--boy is that ad misleading.

Rainey
Rainey

I think Cool Water for men smells 10 times better than the women's, It just does not give me that WOW factor and I find it very annoying to wear having an odd scent. Would not buy again in a hurry.

pourfemme
pourfemme

I bought it without testing by trusting many positive commands but I am regretful now. Unfortunately, I did not like it it smells like an air freshener.

khonehsabz
khonehsabz

so fresh & zesty very cool i love this

sjam3295
sjam3295

I love this fragrance. When I look at all the different notes of fruit, flowers, woods, musks, &c, I don't know how, but I smell none of these, or perhaps all of them miraculously blended - to me it simply smells like the ocean. Clean, fresh, sunny, exhiliarating.

I came to this perfume with no preconceptions - I am new to perfumes although in my 40s, and the name means nothing to me. My new journey through the world of scents is one of delight and reverence: I am amazed at the skill of combining all these notes, as diverse as hawthorn, honey, lily and pineapple, into a perfume that smells like the sea! It's like Jo Malone using mint and lemon in her Red Roses scent to emulate the smell of freshly cut stems. I am in awe of the artistry of the perfumer. I am also beginning to realise that sometimes there's a reason a perfume is famous.

Soap
Soap

Memorable, and not in a good way. Since it ended up in lower-end department stores, it unfortunately smells like a lower-end department store to me. Horrid.

It smells like oven cleaner that's too busy to go to the ocean.

BritXOX
BritXOX

This is like Light blue and L'Eau par Kenzo to me. I think this kind of perfumes smell good, but are not the ones I go for. Simple and good.

tandi
tandi

I find it nice but weak. Its got a sort of shampoo smell to it too.

lovece7
lovece7

I love this fragrance. I use to wear this back in high school when I played Lacrosse and ran Track. I use to spray it whenever we had practice or games. That's just about the only time you can wear the fragrance and it works without seeming out of place, when you're being active, playing a sport or when you're dressed "sporty". It's definitely a jock fragrance.

The smell is amazing! I say it's a jock fragrance because anyone who plays a sport knows how important it is to keep cool at all times and a fragrance like Cool Water gives you the sense of being close to the ocean. It's such a cool, refreshing, energizing, aquatic scent. It's what I imagine athletes smelling like.

I had to come back and write a review even though I no longer own this because I have been seriously contemplating repurchasing this in the 6.7oz (200ml). I'm missing it THAT much!

leogirl84
leogirl84

I remember when this came out in 1996 I absolutely loved it; so clean and summery, no matter how much I doused myself in it. Thinking I would still love it, I tried it again recently..and was disappointed. Instead of the 'just got out of the shower' marine scent, it was a bit off; a bit too chemical-y. :(

cesalica
cesalica

A little overpowering. Smells like cologne at times. Suitable for office wear. Very matured smell. I don't know what i was thinking when i used it during my teenage years.

Annelien1987

My nr 1 summer fragrance, next to Rem by Reminiscence. I normally don't even like aquatic. But this one just brings back so many nice memories from my teens. Love it. But very poor, very very poor lasting power.

mangosunrise
mangosunrise

Well its definitely unique..its not very sweet at all and I don't really pick up on the fruity elements. Its very strong. It almost smells like a guy could wear it, but at the same time its got a floweriness about it..but overall it smells really soapy.

rafaellaR.123
rafaellaR.123

This is an really good scent! I got it on Amsterdan a few months ago and it's already on the half! It is a true aquatic, very fresh.
Top- A LOT of melon and touches of lemon, I don't get red fruits at all. Fades really quickly tão the middle notes.
Middle- The florals (lilly and lotus flower) shows up, freshing it up even more. I can only smell the pineapple in the middle, not in the top.
Base- Musk, sandalwood, and, mostly, vetiver, makes it warmer and the peach makes it still fresh and fruity.
Great for summer days!

sarage
sarage

Fresh, energetic, aquatic with good sillage and lasting power. Often this type of scents do not last long, but Cool Water does.
The perfume really lives up to it's name and image. The melon note is there, but it doesn't stand out too much. This is a strong fresh scent, and makes me think of the seaside and summer.

ninive
ninive

I've got a miniature 5ml (0,17 oz) bottle of this fragrance, it makes me think of a summer day out at the pool. The stronger note is probably the melon but it doesn't smell too sweet, it's fresh and it does give a clean feeling.
The fragrance itself is quite lasting, I've only tried one drop of it (the miniature does not have a spray cap) and after twenty minutes I can still smell it clearly on me.

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

fresh but very weak and nothing special about it

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

Its an intense, fresh, aquatic perfume. very cool & clean, i usually use it when i need a vaction because it reminds me to a caribbean beach. Its a sporty perfume for young women.

angelica_hellyna
angelica_hellyna

Again, one of the perfume I will always love! It was my elder sister's. And again, I would spritz it on me every time she was not around. Heeehe!

The bottle was cool! I liked it a lot! The shape of a drop water looks so nice. Blue reminds me of ocean so yeah, totally suits it.

Smell of it was really cool, clean, crisp! It really made me wanna go to the beach with the smell. I guess the aquatic note in it.

So yeah, a very good perfume for every day use. Really energizing as it kinda picks me up! :)

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is such a nice fresh, crisp scent. Perfect for people who love watery floral aquatics. It's almost got a real 'cologne' smell to it that makes it seem unisex. It can definitely be used by men and women.

gzalvares
gzalvares

I'm male, and I think this fragrance perfectly shareable. Clean, fresh, very nice for after shower or pool, lasting power and sillage better than the male version

piapedersen
piapedersen

There is something in this scent that does not work for me - at all. I know a lot of people who are very fond of this particular perfume so of course I am a bit sad that it, to me, has a very strange and way too strong smell of... something. I think it's the melon combined with lemon. Beautiful bottle, though ;O)

nush imogen
nush imogen

Very watery, gets a little better over time and the fruit comes out, not strong enough though, and quite .. boring. I'd recommend this to a young girl, as one her first "sophisticated" day fragrances, personally ive had so many similar scents to this over the years, there is no desire to get yet another one.

yamili.carrera
yamili.carrera

Según es para usarlo en el día, pero aunque no tiene un aroma intenso, a mi su olor me sofocaba, en mi opinión no es nada fresco, ni acuático, para nada, no lo recomiendo para lugares donde el clima es muy caluroso, aunque huele bien.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Demeter makes a fragrance called Holy Water, which is fine and well, but to my nose, Cool Water Woman is bottled, church-used, re-purposed Holy Water. There's quite a notes list above, and I'm sure many of those things are represented, but all I smell is a burst of sour water, smelling literally of clean, pool-treated aqua, followed by a sheer blackcurrant and melon, which blend to create this oddly flat, somewhat off-pink against light blue pastiche of non-scent. It's incredibly unassuming, very unisex, and simply smells like fresh water with hints of other people's perfumes swirling around in it. Definitely not just for ladies, and to be honest I'll have to check this out some more because I think it's a good alternative to the typical stuff guys wear in the summer time. Good for when you want to wear something that smells almost like nothing at all. You can smell a touch - just the faintest touch - of original Cool Water lurking somewhere in its heart. Pierre Bourdon definitely made this fragrance, and it shows.

twilight1234

i smell as if i was just dipped in the sea wearing this. yum!

Zenith
Zenith

Firstly, make sure you try this as a lot of people like it, just getting that out of the way because....

...This is one of the worst fragrances I have ever come across. The very strong artificial fruit opening to me is something only young girls would like, and while it does get better it does not lose the awful fake melon smell.

Closest thing I can think of to this fragrance is bathroom spray. Still, I'm clearly in a minority here so make sure you at least try it

merih
merih

An Excellent Choice for women who likes to smell fresh and clean. It has also fruity and floral but NOT DISTURBING anyone at all!

Also it's much longlasting (its smell stays all day long -even the following morning- !

biffmae
biffmae

I found that by putting on a layer of cool water over the Britney Spear's perfume hidden fantasy makes a fantastic mix. I think it accentuates the better scents of both perfumes and give it a fresh sweet scent that is not over powering. I have got more compliments from this mix than any other perfume I have tried.
Elizabeth

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I remember every girl in my high school wore this fragrance back in 99-2000 and that's possibly why I didn't since it was so common (opted for the other common fragrance back in the day - Clinique Happy hehe) even though I think it's a lovely refreshing smell. Have a mini of it which I use every now and then, it's one of those all time great aquatics which was very popular where I live and brings back wonderful memories each time I smell it. Also - unlike many reviews below this one has great lasting power on me atleast and good sillage too. Definitely worth getting if you like floral/aquatics.

pepperclips
pepperclips

WIth a beautifully designed light blue bottle that's shaped in a drop of water, you already know how refreshing and light it's going to be. The moment I smelt Cool Water, I was in-love, also up there in my favourites.

It's so refreshing, and anything with melon/honeydew is always a good sign for me. It starts off fruity and floral then eases off to be citrusy, overall just a really nice aquatic perfume.

I find I can wear it anytime of the day, for work, for uni, for going out - it's just so nice and it's so crisp and fresh!

Clean, fresh and reminds me of a really nice holiday.

My only problem with it is its longevity, I find it doesn't last very long so I have to re spritz every now and then, luckily enough it's affordable.

Love it! <3

fanhermes
fanhermes

I don't feel it as masculine more than feminine, it's just that pineapple and berry note that is so powerful and intriguing makes me think of summer and of sand and sea. I think I hate perfumes with citrus, like CK One, but I guess I love these with pineapple. Any other thoughts, guys, on what to try? Oh, by the way, to all Orthodox people, happy Easter!

honeybunnymm
honeybunnymm

I like it but I'm a bit on the fence with this one. I bought it becasue I liked cool water on men. To me this is a unisex fragrance. I was hoping it would be a bit softer, fresher, and more fruity. It is a very fresh clean smell but a little too strong and masculine. Next time I might try the game scent instead.

urabrisa
urabrisa

Por ahí dicen que huele a barato, pues vale, será el barato el aroma con el que me siento bien.
Es un perfume que me perdura, con el que me siento arreglada, limpia, fresca, junto con el desoderante de la misma gama es la mejor combinación para una entrevista importante.

Aspendina
Aspendina

This smells like a great unisex fragrance, its kinda masculine, clean and refreshing but I don't like it enough to buy it. I like CK One better

twilight1234

Well, I never knew that there could be something as nice as sea in a bottle!! I love everything about it!!! I like the scent becauce I am a total water baby, I like the bottle as well!! HEAVEN!!!

nelso240
nelso240

This smells like chemicals on me. I used to like it a couple of years ago, then I tried a tester of it a couple of weeks ago. I would have smelled better if I had rubbed a "New Car Scent" air freshener tree on my wrist.

geisha_girl47
geisha_girl47

not my favorite. I was given this by a family member years ago because she didnt like it when i first got it i thought it was some cheep 'perfume' because that is exactly what it smelt like, cheep. i found it again today at the bottom of my dresser draw and i still think it smells cheep and nasty, glad that i didnt pay any money for this one.

kasslee
kasslee

This smelled nice in the bottle, but when I sprayed it on my skin the fresh, fruity part was overpowered by something like a peppery smell? It made me feel sick and I had to wash it off.
I'm not sure if this is the effect that it has on everyone, but I was quite disappointed because before that happened it was cool, aquatic and really quite nice.

leslie.loezagamel
leslie.loezagamel

To me there is is a nice clean scent some where in this perfume however, the heavy musk/pepper like smell overpowers it all and drives me insane so I don't ever use it. After a couple of hours the harsh musky pepper like smell dies down to something more bearable, but the initial scent is too rough for my liking, which is a shame because everything hidden underneath that horrible musk pepper like smell, smelled wonderful.

LexiOD
LexiOD

I finally tested this one today. I don't have much to say about it, but I can say I found another love/hate relationship.
The bottle is an unoriginal aquatic piece. It fits the fragrance simply but nicely.
My problem with this fragrance is the overbearing peppery smell and feel of it. It hid the rest of the fragrance underneath it like a shroud of pins and needles. (I'm not a fan of peppery smells at all.) After a couple of hours, it did die down to something more bearable, but the initial scent is too rough for my liking, which is a shame because everything hidden underneath it smelled wonderful.
The lasting power is about 5 hours, which isn't bad.
Like I said, not too much to say about it. I didn't like it, unfortunately. 3/10.

xx

arual
arual

It smells great on my skin. Citrus notes at first, sweet and fresh later and a warm fruity smell in the end which seems to want to remember me: Hey, I'm still here by your side, you are not alone... One of my favourites!

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

When first applied, Cool Water is cologne like. As the scent lingers it becomes clean and refreshing. I can definitely detect the pineapple notes. This is a classic scent that is great for everyday wear.

Whit
Whit

Ahhh, another one of my favorite 90's perfumes; well, it used to be one of my faves. I was a teen when I wore this and it made me feel so fresh and energetic. It was one of my summer go-to staples; I just loved the aquatic aroma! Even though I can't stand it now, it still reminds me of all those summer days spent lounging lakeside with my best friend. I would bring it with me in my little "beach" tote and after we had slathered ourselves with tanning lotion, we would spritz on Cool Water. Hey, you gotta smell good for the guys! Lol Great summer scent with wonderful lasting power. Too bad I don't like it anymore. :(

kawaii sweety
kawaii sweety

3/1/12
It smells fresh at the start and then it smells like raspberries, roses and musk. I don't know about people who've said that it doesn't last because I've had it on for 2 days now!
I LOVE THAT PERFUME!

7/12/12
Edit: I've actually thrown it away now because the smell had gone disgusting and stinky. It's sickly and yes, it really does smell like sweet rubbish.

emi
emi

It was my first perfume love. I was mad about it. It was perfect perfume for me. So fresh, clean and sophisticated. And really true to its name. I used couple of bottles of it. Unfortunately the love is gone now and it is no longer special for me. The ozone note is now unbearable. Shame. Or maybe not. I have had few perfume loves since that time.

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

This one is a very feel-good fragrance for me, because I grew up smelling the perfume on my sister and the cologne on her husband. It reminds me of the two people I love most in the world, so it always makes me smile.

doodoowap
doodoowap

My first perfume ever! Clean, soft, aquatic. I was hooked to it during high school but now it doesn't mean anything to me. When I smell it it brings good memories to me but I think I couldn't use it now as an adult woman.

Ditto25
Ditto25

This is a water splash scent. It does remind me of water/rain. I love it for a time but it isn't fruity or floral enough for me. It does seem more like a smell for a room or bathroom rather than a person. It's still nice though, especially for someone who doesn't like strong scents. It does wear quickly but it can last a good three hrs or so. Overall it's an ok scent. Its not for me any longer, mainly because a woman I couldn't stand used to wear it.

monilek
monilek

Aquatic, fresh, citrusy and not sweet, smells like bath... Good for sports or to hang out somewhere for not too long. Not good for night or work - it evaporates VERY quickly. As the fellas said, it's a summer fragrance.

Global_Nomad
Global_Nomad

I think this perfume smells absolutely amazing. Beware however, if you have it on, you're going to have several men who will want to keep SMELLING you. (is that too freaky?)

Tenki
Tenki

I smelled an open package of this from halfway across the store, and HAD to find which box smelled so heavenly! Cool water is and probably always will be my favorite smell in the whole world. When I followed my nose and found Cool Water Woman, I thought "no wonder!" An ex co-worker of mine used to wear the version for men, and I think I told him every day how amazing it smelled. Everybody's nose is different, but for me Cool Water is perfection.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

This reminds me of a waterfall in the middle of a forest near my "home" in the Caribbean. The sweet smells from the flowers near by, and from the minerals, the power of the water rushing in and slashing the rocks. As you look around, you see all the beautiful floating lilies floating around, and hope to find women bathing in the big, wide and shallow pond underneath...It almost makes me forget how much I actually fear the water and can't swim, even after living right in front of it half my life.

Despite the sweetness, this fragrance presents to me as purely male. It reminds me of the smell after a day long rainstorm. That fresh, almost surreal smell that makes you feel anew. Sade's "Paradise" played in the background. My uncle drinking Johnnie Walker Black Label while lounging on a hammock in the porch. A Victorian oil lap right beside him after the electricity went out...Is there any way to have it? Life is a vacation. 24/7.

I like it more for men than the separate men's version. I find that one too medicinal. If you are a lady and this works, great. In my opinion though, this is a really great Men's fragrance. Just try it boys!

Pinni
Pinni

I had high expectations for this one thanks to all the great reviews it has got! I finally found a store that has it and honestly speaking I was disappointed!

I had been expecting a nice fresh citrus opening but it wasn't there. Instead the kinda mushy sweet melon note was prominent with some pineapple and lotus. It was sweeter and blunter than I thought, compared to the crisp citrus I had expected. But don't take me wrong! The citruses were there, just a lot quieter than I had wished.

Cool water is something like CK one summer 2006 that was my first real love in perfumes. It's a fresh scent in a bit softer way instead of being a citrus BOOM!

I think I've personally just passed the phase so long ago that Cool water is not impressing me anymore. I think I would have liked it back then if I had run into it though.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

got a sniff of this today, and at first it is actually quite strong, salty and oily-ish. Fresh it is, yes but these salty notes don't appeal to me much. Thankfully in about an hour it dries down to a very fresh clean floral. i haven't made up my mind yet whether I love it or not, but it's smelling better by the minute :D

lovefull5
lovefull5

I adore this fragarance, for those who like clean scents that last for a long time.

3ood
3ood

i was addicted to this in high school ..this scent takes you straight to the beach on a clear day .. its very fresh and clean .. its somewhat unisex

lubaina
lubaina

At first i loved this perfume.But after somedays it started to irritate my nose and now it gives me headache.I really want to love it.all my friends do.It feels so spicy and citrusy to me.I like more fruity, floral and chocolaty scents.also love fresh scents like light blue or moschino i love love.im ok with those citrus scents.Its just not for me.

Edit:my friend bought it after testing my perfume.she loved it at first.now she hates it.i guess its a nice scent to smell on others but unbearable to use daily.It gives a clot in my throat.

PrincessBellaLovesPerfume
PrincessBellaLovesPerfume

I love cool water! Its scent speaks to my soul. To some part of me from a past life that lived on the beach in the sun and in the water. It makes me feel youthful and full of positive energy. Its sexy and cool.
love it!!

ilovemusicandcandies
ilovemusicandcandies

The last time I had this perfume I immediately fell in love with its bottle than followed by its fragrance.

The whether in Philippines is tropical so it very much suites it and it compliments with my body scent.

While it settles it still gives a sweet yet clean scent throughout the day.

I recommend it for casual days and could be worn in work.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

It's so amazing to me how fragrance reacts on different individuals. It's even more amazing how it reacts differently to your skin, at differing times in your life.

I used to wear this back in elementary school, but I could not for the life of me remember how it smelled. I sprayed it on my wrist and I immediately got a cologne, unisex scent.

It stayed for a few minutes.

Just as I was ready to write it off as "too masculine," it dried down to it's final scent.

Aquatic Watermelon. No. Really. No musk. No citrus, just water and watermelon is what I got and it smells DIVINE. Very simple, yet carefree. Like a scent that one would wear to the pool or the mall when trying out clothes.

I'm definitely buying a bottle.

daliflora
daliflora

I'm keen on fresh fragrances, but this one is not my cup of tea. I cannot put the finger on what I dislike, perhaps it's a rather unfortunate accord between the citruses and the florals, or a rather mild note in the dry down. At any rate, not worth buying, IMO.

Update: I've tried it again, this time waiting to see how it evolves on my skin, and I must say the drydown is harmonious and nice. Only if you have patience till the harsher top-notes have dried away.

TWebb
TWebb

Light, crisp, fresh. Good for summer. Not long lasting. Good casual fragrance.

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I received this as a present some years ago and 'sorry' but I hate it; I have to say that it is cool actually, but for same reason it made feel cold like hay fever or sinusitis. The only ingredient I noticed was jasmine, very strong by the way. So it is a no-no fragrance for me or anyone with allergies.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I loved this perfume. When someone I worked with wore it I asked her if she was wearing CK Eternity because that is how it smelled on her. She obviously said no it was Coolwater. I love the name and the packaging and the whole concept I think it has been very well done even if you don't like the perfume. When I was given a set with the cream and shower gel from Dad when he went to the duty free I thought I was so lucky. Well that's where my luck finished. This smells on me like rotten fruit. I love the perfume but I cannot pull it off. My sister in law lives in it and it smells really nice on her. Oh well those of you who can wear it and love are very lucky because it is easy to get and not too expensive and smells nice when it works with your chemistry.

cameesanlovefragrance
cameesanlovefragrance

It is good for our weather here in Philippines, it is a soothing scent good for casual occasions such as: work or in my case at a university... the price is about PHP3,490 1.5 FL Oz. My friends tell me the scent is somewhat a hint of a man's perfume so you might want to spray the right amount that it does not overpower someone. But so far for me it is really good

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Very sexy, not your usual floral booring rubbish..timeless..

Summer, late nights, beach

Quality

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Splasssshhhh....when it's very hot outside, a touch of this edT or perfumed deo, and it's like a jump in the fresh water!

servana
servana

I love Davidoff's Cool Water for men, so I thought I would love the women's version too. However, I was very wrong. I highly dislike this scent. It really isn't my taste. It's a strong, sharp floral that smells like flowers blooming (pollen) & a hint of some green florals/aquatic notes. The "blooming" scent is just too overwhelming for me. It's very intense. Smells like poppies in my opinion. Upon the drydown it's a lot less intense, but I still dislike it. I don't really consider it aqautic.. It's extremely floral with just a hint of something green in there.

aquavelour
aquavelour

Aqua de Gio is a better version of this. I tried to give the bottle I have away to someone I thought would like it and even she (who uses apple scented vent freheners in her car) declined. I now use it as a car freshening spray in mine ;)

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

A watermelon lollipop. I like this scent. Fresh, cheerful, a lot of spring and bees on it haha.
I won't buy it again but I will consider it as a gift.

Kione
Kione

Smells of watermelon! I don't like a perfume when I can smell the sweet watermelon-ey touch, it makes it childish... I still liked it though because this one is not too bad.

Ouch!

I find this scent to be uncomplicated, refreshing, sweet and nothing special.

It smells like wet melons, melon is the strongest thing here, with a sweet aquatic feel.

ALEXANDRA1983
ALEXANDRA1983

IT REMEMBER ME WHEN I WAS AT HIGH SCHOOL AND A FRIEND OF MINE HAS IT, WHEN I SMELL WAS LIKE SWIMING IN A HOT DAY, HAHAHA SO I GET ONE AND I USED TO LOVE IT, IS FRESH BUT NOW I PREFER SOMETHING THAT SCREAMS HEYYY BOYS IM A WOMAN ..... SO I HAVE TO WEAR AN OTHER FRAGANCE:)

imoore
imoore

Ok. I am not a young garl, but never got round to testing this parf till this morning.

The story follows:

One of our builders (our house is under renovation...) the other day cleverly commented on the scent I was wearing and was convinced that it is Cool water Davidoff actually it was Eau Jeune Double Je though.
So I had to sniff Davidoff and yes the young guy was not off on the track.
Very similar, but the Davidoff slightly weaker and last for shorter on my skin.
So in conclusion if you liked Double Je (discontinued) you will like Davidoff Cool water as well.
Good day!

NaQueen
NaQueen

I understand why this fragrance has been so popular,I wore it for a few years in my early twenties and it made me feel rather sexy when I did. I smell it now and it does remind me of that sexiness but in a masculine way! Kind of like wearing your boyfriends shirt in the weekend. I could'nt wear it now but it has a fond place in my fragrance history.

LaniC
LaniC

I love the bottle. It looks like a very posh raindrop. I wish the fragrance worked with my chemistry better, but on my skin, it smells like a sauna, with a slightly sour mix of salt, sweat, and watered-down herbs and fruits. I'm not knocking the perfume itself. It may be delightful on some people, and maybe I just bring out all the discordant notes in this one! I'll stick with my beloved rich florals, chypres, and orientals, and leave this one to those who can wear it well.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

oh where to begin, I saw this today on clearance at Kohl's for fantastic deal, and thought I would sample it first. Glad I did. This smells like a man's colonge on me. It gagged me the whole way home as I was getting strong wiffs of it coming off my hand while driving. This one is a definate pass for me!

sydneythekidd
sydneythekidd

Aquatic and refreshing. I used to abuse the stuff in the Summer when I was in high school. Now, I prefer more true salt-based ocean scents to this one.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

When I entered the dorms in my freshman year of college, our welcome kit had a little sample tube of Davidoff's Cool Water for Women. I loved the name, I loved the packaging, but I didn't love the perfume! It was a piercing, synthetic, almost fruity aquatic. And it gave me a headache.

My roommate liked it--I let her have it. It smelled great on her--a lovely dark, fresh blue, nothing synthetic. I just don't know what it is with me and aquatics--maybe chlorine is the only aquatic I can wear successfully! (I love to swim, and chlorine goes well with my body chemistry!)

bunny
bunny

Very clean and refreshing. However it does not smell synthetic at all. It doesn't smell citrisy or minty, not does it smell like cucumber or watermelon. It's just very very pure freshness. I will probably not wear this alone though, because it would feel like you're wearing foundation or powder but forgot to put blush on your cheeks.

bubububzy
bubububzy

I loved it at first but after couple of months it started to make me nauseous. It has a clean fresh smell. But not the one for me, may be doesnt work with my skin chemistry.

aqua76239
aqua76239

clean fresh aquatic scent that borders on unisex. This is very simular to Escada's Into the Blue and BBW Dancing Waters. Clean and fresh, a little zesty, perfect for hot summer day. Lasting power however stinks. It dissappears in less than an hour which is a downner for me. Not sure if i would repurchase because of that. If i found a scent like this that lasts, it would be HG for me

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Takes me back to high school when all of the girls smelled like this and CKOne and Vanilla Fields. I don't wear this that often but i really enjoy it when I do. Opens very cleanly - a lot of fresh fruits but i mostly detect pineapple and melons and orchid. Tends to linger there for quite some time before drying down to this vanilla and Snuggle smell. It just so happens that I like vanilla and the Snuggle Bear so I don't mind it one bit. Fresh, long lasting - perfect for those summer days at the beach or just a casual picnic. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for something sexy or something that stands out. But for those that wants something fresh and crisp and vibrant, try Cool Water Woman.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

goes very well with the hot humid summer. sharp but not aggresive. very nice.

Enka
Enka

I''m totally into sweet, spicy, fragrances. This is NOT one of them, however, it's very fresh, crisp, and doesn't bother the senses. With summer all over us, 'heavier' perfumes may seems overwhelming, so this one is a perfect option for a contemporary young woman.

Siv55
Siv55

This is really very like the mens version. If you like that then its fine. Really, you will smell like you have been a dirty stop out with some guy who wore a lot of Cool Water and you didn't manage to have a shower before leaving his place in the morning. Not an effect I want to even try and carry off.

fionalovesperfume
fionalovesperfume

This was my signature fragrance as a teenager. I loved it back then. I don't really know whether it is still my cup of tea, but I want to repurchase it solely to bring back memories. :)

janmcm
janmcm

I love how crisp and fresh this is. I don't own it but it's my sisters perfume of the moment and I've stolen a few squirts. I'll have to get it for myself.
I sell Avon, not as a business but just buy for myself and a few friends. I recently bought a bottle of Avon Windscape as by the look of the bottle design and name it seemed like it would be a copy. And it is very similar, but it doesn't have any staying power.

Lilii
Lilii

I like this one, but I love the male version .
This one is nice but ordianry, not unique. by the way, it has been launched almost long time ago so I dont expect it to be trendy, it was a great perfume at that time.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I honestly think that this one is one of the most feminine, womanly youthful scents out there. I love this one on women. It makes them smell so innocent, happy and refreshing. Almost like they don’t have a hidden agenda…cough…cough. Great perfume.

romrom
romrom

A very nice spring/summer scent. this fragrance makes me think of the beach, the smell of the salt water in the air and the warm send. This is a wonderful scent.

SexySpice
SexySpice

To me, the name says it all. From first application to the tail end of the lingering base notes, this perfume gives off a real "cool" vibe, and reminds you of those rainey days spent going about the town. Not at all offensive, never gets heavy. Not a very "sexy" scent either.... just, "cool", like you're not trying too hard to impress anyone. It's like a statement enhancer instead of being an actual statement. And oh, oh how I love the aquatic notes... like summer rain in a garden. Fantastic perfume.

Chantal
Chantal

I tested this the other day. The start is like Adidas Moves for men, which I love, but already have. It's sporty, pleasant, fresh, like Irish Spring or something like that. Very likeable, but more common to men's sports fragrances. Personally, I'm ok wearing something like that, but some women might want to smell more feminine (but hey, no one says you can't layer it with something floral, which could be nice!). But this stage doesn't last forever. It changes after maybe a half hour or so to a more watery-green scent. like fresh forest rain. Not what I was looking for at this time, but someone else might be:) It's nice. Neutral. Fresh, but I wouldn't say that it's cool/cold. but it is watery, in that green way. I think that anyone could pull this off. it's great for everyday wear. the bottle is cute too! I'm not disappointed with it, but it's too bad that it's not what I am looking for right now. It is so hard to find a fragrance that matches the one you have in your imagination. But it is lovely all the same, it lasted all day long on one spray, I could smell it all the way from about noon until bedtime, and that can be hard to find in a fragrance so light. It's light, watery-fresh, but it stays put. Worth the money in that way.

olga1780
olga1780

This and Cool Water Wave are my staples for working out! No, it's not Dior or Cartier, but i think it's a classic among aquatic fragrances.

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

I love this scent. reminds me of the late 90's and highschool. I secretly used to wear this . smelled so unique and clean. still whip it out for nostalgic purposes. dont dismiss this because of its age. You must remember that fragrance is a game of evolution and science. When this launched it was so unique and nothing on the market smelled anything like it. Sure that was almost twenty years ago but in 96' the trend was different . Yes its common now..but still a fantastic work of art. This fragrance is legendary.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

This fragrance is nothing special.
After a few hours becomes a masculine fragrance.
Is fine for everyday use and casual style.
Just smell pineapple, lemon and some other woody note.
Nothing memorable, just another aquatic fragrance more, wanting to meet many notes that say nothing.

Annelien1987

My signature scent when I was 15, loved this so much. Now when I smell it, it brings back all the memories :)

LeeLee9487
LeeLee9487

NOTHING feminine about this perfume. Will not make any man want to cozy up to you. This perfume is not feminine enough to be called a perfume but not masculine enough to be called a cologne. Wouldnt recommend this AT ALL.

I wanna add something
I recognized a strange notice..

after you wear it for +-4 hours you feel "hungry",, it seems that it opens your apatite!!! ت

I personally wearing it,, YES it can be a masculine fragrance and I LIKE it :)

movs
movs

This is a very popular fragrance and I'm normally very fond of aquatic scents so I bought 15 ml of this one. I'm glad I didn't buy a larger quantity

I like the sillage, when I smell it on other women. Very fresh, cool and aquatic - maybe a bit masculine, but all in all nice.

When I tested this perfume on my own skin all I got was a mix between scouring powder and toothpaste. I didn't detect any floral or fruity notes, just a very artificial scent.

Test before buying!

In 3 words: AQUATIC - COOL - ARTIFICIAL

SummerS
SummerS

It’s not bad but nothing special just smells like a sports perfume and it’s a bit synthetic, seems like a more expensive slightly warm and sweeter version of Adidas woman. It’s also very masculine. No Win

mimosabee
mimosabee

Liked this smell when I was 15. It bursts out cool, lemony and melon rich in the beginning but then fades into a more unisex smell. I have to say that it is a teenager perfume for my opinion. ( Watched Titanic under Coolwaters influence... the smell appears mysteriously whenever I see Titanic related stuff)

i love this. cool, lemony, aquatic. a great summer scent. very refreshing. i can't wait to have it again. i can't agree that i find it synthetic, i actually find it very clean and clear.

NNN
NNN

As a big fan of aquatic, fresh fragrances, I must say that this one was a huge disappointment.
I totaly agree with others reviews, Cool Water is very syntethic and I can't find the "cool" anywhere.

shinewin
shinewin

I love the smell of Cool Water but I have to say it doesn't last long on me. Plus any fragrances with some kind of citrus notes gives off a room spray or a hair spray after scent in my personal opinion.
I dont wear this fragrances no more but use it as my room freshener and it has become my favorite room scent.

vtothek
vtothek

Strange, but the women's version is ten times more masculine than the men's version! One of my friends is a Cool Water fanatic and it smells slightly sweet and very nautical on him. I decided to give the female version a shot and was very disappointed. I agree with other reviewers that it's very synthetic and has a lasting chemical trail to it. The citrus is overpowering and even suffocating. Too bad they couldn't figure out a decent feminine counterpart to a casual classic.

candymarie
candymarie

Is it just me, or does it smell very synthetic? My first reaction was that it is something you might use to freshen a gym locker. I had smelled Davidoff for Men a long time ago in a department store, and remembered liking it a lot, so I felt a blind-buy of the women's version would be a safe bet. I was wrong.

AndyArmani
AndyArmani

To me, this is a timeless fresh classic. Every time I sense this fragrance, my mind teleports back to those breezy hot nights on the beach with my ex.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

i bought this perfume for my friends to see in college and they absolutley loved it !
a friend of mine actually wanted to snatch it away but i was too strong to let it go !!

cool water is a lovly light fruity perfume perfect for summer days :D

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

I've really got into fresh fragrances the last couple of years. This does smell very 'blue' , aquatic, fresh and clean and it's unique.

The reason I know it is unique is because my gf's ex used to wear it, and every few months I spray it on a strip and say 'what do you think of this' hoping she'll say "ooh that's nice, what's that?" and so I can buy it then, but she always recognises it, dammit.

It's quite long lasting too, and it's a really pretty smell which you can wear anywhere/ anytime really. I wore Eden to work today (big mistake, luckily no-one else in the office is in)

bolla2909
bolla2909

This is the only one that I truly dislike. I hate it! In my opinion it smells bad on myself and others.. There's something in it that makes my nose sting :/

naheed
naheed

I received a sample of cool water from System_d and I thank her for this that I am here to write a review of this.
Without seeing the pyramid of notes, what I can sum up about it is, it's absolutely floral aquatic. Very refreshing, sweet and soft fragrance.

After spraying it on, the sparkle is citrusy and a bit fruity but on the whole in the top notes, it's more citrus and fruits are just saying hello to make you feel their lovely presence.

The heart makes me feel so pleasant with its florals which is somewhat like as if various freshly cut flowers have been placed in a huge glass bowl of fresh spring water which gives a very refreshing feel to the nose.

What I can detect in the base is a prominent presence of vanilla with the hint of musk and the echo of citrus too.

My over all opinion about cool water is it's suitable for all occasions. A daytime scent which will make you feel fresh and happy. Absolutely unoffensive in the office. Although it's for females but I will rate it as unisex due to it's citrus in the top.

alinta
alinta

It reminds me of Gucci- Envy, another impossible parfum.
It`s the second time I received Cool Water and I hope my desapointment wasn`t too obvious on my face.
There`s nothing sexy about this one, just like wearing large pants and old t-short.

Laylaxxx
Laylaxxx

As Davidoff Cool Water is a true classic, I gave it a try two years ago. I expected something really fresh and fruity, but it turned out to be a green citrus scent. I don't mean that's not fresh, but I'm not really into citrus.

Two years later I smelled a beautiful feminine scent on a friend of mine. She told me it was Davidoff Cool Water, but it was hard for me to believe that. Was it really possible that a sharp (as I found it back then) and lemonish scent was way softer and fruitier on a different skin?

I decided to give it a second chance, and went back to the store. When I tried it a few years ago, I tried it on a piece of paper. So now I wanted to test it on my skin.

What I smelled was amazing. I literally smelled summer, sea and beach. A crispy scent, in which the lemon was soft, though hardly noticable. Excellent for every occasion.
A clean fragrance for a woman who enjoys every moment of life. And that was the way I felt.
I bought a little bottle of it, and I got a lot of compliments on it. But after a little while I got a bit bored of it. Always the raspberry, peach and pineapple. It reminded me a bit of a Replay scent.
So I simply stopped using it. Just when the bottle was empty, I was at the point where the scent of Cool Water made me sick.

I still smell it sometimes on that friend of mine, and it reminds me of those 'good old days', but I won't buy it again.
It was fun for a while, but I'm looking for a bit of a 'deeper' scent with more layers.

janudy
janudy

I remember when this first came out and I was so in love with it. It was so refreshing, so cool, so fresh! Now, I find it a bit too masculine and sticky sweet for my tastes (I lean towards orientals). I also moved from South Florida to the Northeast, so maybe not being around the beach caused me to lose interest in this scent. But I think this is truly representative of a floral aquatic fragrance and should be tried by those who want to explore floral aquatics.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Another one with lots of reviews so not much I can add.
I get alot of pinapple, a slight juniper sharpness (hawthorne?) then a sweet musk drydown. Very subdued and close to the skin.
Does this come in a stronger concentration? The EDT is just way too light for me.
It's a little slice of a tropical breeze while it lasts but reapplying could get to be a chore.

funky_gina
funky_gina

My signature scent was for many years. It is fresh, aquatic, flowery and a light scent, not an overwhelming one. It is feminine and beautiful. The bottle and the name really compliment the scent very well. My only big problem with it nowadays that it does not seem to last on me. I guess the older I get, I just feel the need to wear something more pronounced and longer lasting scent. However I am looking for something great like this amazing scent.

cisco
cisco

This smelled horrible on me. I gave it to a friend that was thrilled to death. This is a perfect example of how fragrances smell to and on different people.

Awesomeness praised this as an A+ aquatic. I cannot wear aquatics so that accounts for the extreme negative odor my chemistry does with this Queen of Aquatics.

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

Had it, and liked it long time ago, i got tired of it and gave it away, when i smell this i go back to the late 90´s...
Water fragrances where so popular then... and now??

kugkng
kugkng

I have a chance to try it so long time ago... very bright,fresh ,airly and very lush tropical fruity all the high pitch of note like a symphony band bang altogether all the time of wearing. very delight and refreshing. it's very nice for lively girly casual in summer beach ^^.

On me this fragrance smells like not the most pleasant mix of pineapple with watermelon. Light and aquatic.
I don't like it at all.

Puma
Puma

It smells like sea water - freshly, tenderly and softly. Great for spending time on a beach:)

Ouch!

My review of this perfume will be quite short and simple..

Despite all of the notes listed this perfume is dominated by one!

MELON!! In your face melon coated in sugar...with a slight aquatic feel.

Such a waste of a gorgeous list of notes.

lanlan
lanlan

i absolutely loooooove this fragrance!!
it smells fresh and sweet at the same time.and the staying power is superb.

Manya
Manya

This fragrance is screaming "summer vacation" !!

It's a beautiful, happy, "outdoorsy" scent.
It is quite linear , which isn't necessarily a bad thing - you know what you get from the first notes.

Unfortunately, I find it a bit overwhelming, I had to wash my wrist and I can't get rid of the smell - so it is longlasting too :p

If you love sweet fruity scents, this fragrance is for you.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

if you're expecting, clean, fresh aquatic scent - you're damn right! It's suitable for wearing everyday and perfect for summer. Don't put your expectations too high though - you're getting a nice fragrance for a reasonable price. the scent is just like as if you've put on fresh clothes from the laundry. I had this fragrance in my teens and I still use it occasionally. It reminds me of Body Shop Aqua lily, but I still prefer Cool water =)

tropical fruits in water....refreshing perfume.i would wear this to the beach when it's hot outside or on a vacation to the beach.it is also sweet in a fresh way and masculine.

Diana Cucu
Diana Cucu

I really do not have the skin for this- I cannot imagine how it can be aquatic and fresh on other skins, on me unfortunately it's just a fake pinneapple start that develops into heavy, sickly sweet and stays that way until I have to wash it off, repeatedly

xs
xs

i smelled this one on my niece the other day and it was heavenly. After a few days i tried it myself and it was awful. boring plain sugar. i rushed home and washed this horrible scent but it stayed om my skin in spite of it. So it's all a matter of body chemistry.

ravenheir89
ravenheir89

LOVE IT!!! Something about smelling a little alcoholic/soapy/detergent-like just doesnt bother me at all. Honestly its not as bad as some people describe it to be. Its meant to be a clean, fresh aquatic smell.. thats why people compare it with detergents and alcohol..some ppl dont like it coz for fragrances they naturally prefer something more feminine and deep.. However for those who love something more fresh and less feminine, this is great.. Its soooo comforting and cooling during hot and humid weathers - especially where i come from. Men love it, much much more than women do..coz i think they just love the smell in general - clean, fresh,aftershave kinda smell.. Doesnt matter if its on women or men, the smell just appeals to them regardless. Women have much more range of scents to choose from - floral, sweet, citrusy - probably thats why they are less fond of it. You probably wanna try this out first before buying it. Coz u'll either love it or hate it the 1st time u take a sniff... Give it a try.. if the scent appeals to u then its worth buying...;)

kraxa
kraxa

I got it from my fiance at time when it was the craze- liked it then, but never bought a second bottle- the only fine note I can recall is blackcurrant, the memory of the rest repulses me in a way comparable to RALPH by Ralph Lauren. Never agai.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A cool and pleasant scent that always changed my mood when spritzed on my skin. The temperature seems to have changed too, lol!

alexanna7
alexanna7

Cool water is a verry fresh and cool fragrance! Perfect for hot days! With his: lotus flowers,water lilly lemon,peach,black currant,raspberry,it smells so summery and fresh! I have on me more lemon then the other fruits! I like to put pear by yves rocher to bring a softess to it! Love it!

happygolucky
happygolucky

all time favorite perfume. fresh, kinda citrus, and long lasting. I've used this since I was in high school. although recently I'm trying other perfume, but I guess after looking around I will back to this fragrance.

Sissi
Sissi

This Doesn't last on my skin unfortunuly
but i love the ingredients from this
perfume lotus melon citruses fruits
quince lily of the vally
the con is it make my nose burn
but the pros to this is the color
the name that represents a great perfume
for the beach it brings out the vibe
of the deep ocean.Swmining with the fishes.

vipiri
vipiri

My mom gave me this perfume for my birthday, at that moment I couldn´t decide me if I liked it or not, so I used it for a time and people said to me that I smelled very good. For me this fragance smells good but it isn´t nothing extraordinary.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Cool Water Woman is clean and fresh, a wonderful perfume for summer when you don't want something heavy, and for winter when you want a reminder of the joys of summer berries and the seaside. All of the notes in this perfume are beautifully blended and delicate, and they transition seamlessly.

Bright lemon gives way to the sweet, fresh smell of honeydew, then the even sweeter smell of pineapple and honey. None of those fruity smells are loud or strong, though; it is an aquatic after all, so all of the notes have a clear water tone.

The florals at the heart are barely there, but I can smell delicate rose, like the barest whiff of a rosebush on the breeze.

I absolutely love peach notes, so when those warmed on my skin, I was delighted. Then the trace of blackberries came and went. In the end, this perfume lives up to it's name- I smell cool, clean water, as well as a bit of musk and a vague hint of cut grass.

Lovely, fresh and cheerful. I only have a mini of this EdT, but I know I'll be buying the full bottle when my mini is used up.

By the by, I have no youthful nostalgic associations with this perfume; I was in my mid-twenties and expecting my first child when this perfume was released. I'm wearing it for the first time today.

angelyalia
angelyalia

This was my very first perfume ever! I received it as a gift from my boyfriend in 11th grade so I will always associate it with youth and my school years :) it was a huge head-turner from high school through to college, always fetched nice compliments from both guys and girlfriends.

I still bring this lovely, refreshing scent out on those hot summer days! Smells totally delish on my skin and lasts for most of the day without having to re-spray.

deargabby
deargabby

cool, clean and refreshing! it reminds me of the beach and whenever I wear this scent I feel like I just stepped out of the bath tub

momiji
momiji

At first smell it smells strongly of alcohol, then you realise it's the citrus scents. Makes me think of men's aftershave at first smell. Like washing up liquid. Maybe its the musk or sandalwood that's ruining it for me, I don't know but it doesn't agree with my nose.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I had it years ago, and I bought it because of the advertising and the color of the bottle. I am an ocean lover, and somewhat I got tricked into believing it would remind me of water and vacation. It didn't. It smelled almost masculine, no spice, no sex, no flowers, no fruits, no aquatic scents, nothing it it. It lacked the smallest dose of hormones and passion. A perfume with a distinct deodorant smell, I mean no offense to those who like it, but terrible with my skin chemistry.

I used this for a few months many years ago and it never failed to get me nice comments, especially from men. Now I have to understand why. No one else wore it around me, so it was new and different. Then it became so common around and I moved to other things.
I also wore Dolcevita which is a much more complex, refined, yummy and elegant scent IMO. Nobody liked it like Cool Water.
My tastes in fragrance changed a lot since then. I liked Cool Woman, but right now I can't understand all the hype and why men liked it more than my fave ones.
Everyone says it is "fresh" but it's not descriptive. It's not piercing fresh, not so cold citrusy. It has lots of floral notes and for me this is an over-floral and quite tender. I don't like extremely fresh citrusy scents because they hit my head. Cool Water was very easy to wear, light, not offensive, girlish.
I'm impressed at the least of notes as it seems to be like a very un-complex fragrance, nice but nothing especially refined.

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

My mother used to have this scent back then. I would occasionally steal it and spray it on me. It's very citrusy on me in a good way. The perfume depicted "cool water" perfectly. It smells cool and refreshing, good for hot humid days.. Very casual and laid back.
But now that i can afford to have my own perfume, I wont add this to my collection because this secnt is so captivating, that it became common specially in the tropics. I don't want to smell like everybody else.

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

My sister has this and I think it is awful. It smells very masculine to me and there is really nothingsexy about it. I guess if I had to say something nice about it, it would be that it last a really long time on the skin but I don't know why anyone would want it to. Not my cup of tea.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Cool Water is a perfume that I carefully avoided and had no interest to test it out. I expected out of this fruity watery scent and I was right. It's at the beginning like some many aquatic men cologne. It must be huge popularity of this one spawned many horridous stuff for years.
Not really my cup of tea, I'll say that this fragrance is done well, notes blend in a pretty fresh water like way. Not overly fresh, more moderate. Easy to like, easy to wear. Could be in possession of a girl that takes part in basketball team or whatever. (I don't exercise at all, so often aquatics and clean aura of a girl in sneakers is not for me) Or she can be otaku and go cosplay.
(More into my way, but I don't do cosplay, because I am funny character in a flesh xD) Anyway I didn't find anything really annoying about this perfume, I could stand it, because it hasn't got that large dose of Cedar in it. Top notes has men cologne like combo, but it fades away fast enough and is not bothering me. I imagine this could be quite nice to wear in sultry weather when you cannot stand many other fragrances you usually love. Cedar loaded aquatics often smell yucky, but this one isn't one of them. It has fruity and subtle floral notes. Only one moment.. did they write it's sensual and men like this very much... I won't understand that.. ^^
The more times I try it, I start to like it.. strange.. I smell pineapple clearly in top notes, melon and water lily too.

moonruby
moonruby

Cool Water was an iconic fragrance during my childhood which has lately lost its charm.

Cool Water will always have some degree of significance in my heart, as it was one of the first perfumes I have ever experienced. I think it was the distinctive bottle that attracted me first - it does indeed look like a glass bottle of mineral water.

The actual fragrance came across to me as breezy, fresh and sharp, however, I have always been put off by the cloying sweetness that lingers for a long time.
I personally believe that the fruity notes were over-exposed, therefore Cool Water somehow lost its aquatic qualities.

Great to wear during scorching hot summers, but I wouldnt wear this for any other season.

dina
dina

I think it's the leader of this aquatic floral fragrance. It's fresh, clean and long lasting too. Must have for summer time. No other aquatic is like it...
I was just wondering which of the notes gives this sea breeze impression?

ciao03
ciao03

this was my very first perfume way back high school, i super love this perfume and it became my signature perfume, every time i walked around the campus, they can smell this fragrance even if im meters away hehehe, i used this for almost 4 years and became an avid fan of it... truly a classic. Men loves this perfume on me, it drives them crazy.

zvoncica
zvoncica

On test paper: watery, aquatic, fresh, pure, little bitter, citrus like scent.

On my skin: mostly fruity (no citrus) and floral, musky sensation, slightly sweet, energizing aaand yes! fresh!

Like them both, one on the paper more but it seems I cant have that one.

This is a casual and comfortable perfume, suitable for everyday wear. Lasting power is average, spring&summer are perfect chances to use it.

I think most people will compliment you while wearing this one. So what if its an old, and everyone has it - knows it perfume? Its the quality that really matters.

taydev
taydev

i owned this a long time before and now have decided to give it another shot as a summer fragrance. to me it is still a unique smell but everyone knows the cool water smell so well i probably wont recieve compliments like when it first came out. still a good oldie but goodie summer scent for me

Zaleska
Zaleska

This one is beautiful. It was my favourite scent for some years. Matches my skin perfectly. Although it's not my fav anymore (for personal reasons), I respect it.

Fiorenza
Fiorenza

This a great every day perfume, it is a clean, fresh and delicious smell, which is proper for the hot summer days, as the smell doesn't get thick or sticky - it stays yummy and sweet, but with lemon freshness at the same time. It reminds me of the smell of lemon fresh juice with little spices and a lot of honey - wonderful summer cocktail! I think it is a perfect office and leisure time fragrance - it is a non-intruding smell, that wouldn't irritate anyone around you - it is so natural and pleasant!

Sopranooo
Sopranooo

I love aquatic perfume. It makes u always fresh and have a carribbean feeling 4 confident and elegent woman 4 everyday wearing. It keep my magination alive with the picture of ocean waves and freshing cocktails.
It is office and everyday use perfume. Its top note is little sharp but the medile and base note is very soft and has the effect of spring and worm summer on the beach

I like it :-)

Daria
Daria

It is relaxing scent, freshing..
when i smell is i can't to not think about
the fragrances like water and ocean.
I love it, and i want to by it again.

Zocha
Zocha

It was my signature fragrance for a few years back then when it was released. The very first sniff completely knocked my socks off and I used to buy big bottles one after another and truly enjoyed it for all occasions.
The morning dew freshness of this fragrance was always very comforting during long, hot summer.
Still is, even though I'm now into more mature scents, and i would not fall for it as I did back then but I like to remind myself those "Cool" days sometimes.

falovalo
falovalo

It may not be out of this world original, but it's still a nice fragrance and worth checking out. It's a bit too sweet for summer though. It could get cloying very easily.

me again...
yihuy.....finally got time for shopping last night
and purchase cool water is on my first shopping list
i fell in love at first sniff
the smell is clean and fresh
i spray it before i went to the bed and when i woke up this morning the smell was still there
finally i found the scent which i was looking for
for quite sometime....

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

It's very light, very generic, but sometimes, that is just what I'm looking for. The top notes are ozonic and watery, and there is virtually no change throughout the wear, even with the strange basenotes such as mulberry. As your day goes on, it won't change scent at all. What you see (or smell) on first whiff is what you get.
I have a favorite fresh fragrance that I prefer over this (Adidas Moves) but this gets the job done. Its relatively inexpensive, but it's not very long lasting and you will need to reapply. You could never offend anyone wearing this, it's so ''barely there''. I think this is almost a classic now, so you will probably have people asking you 'Oh, are you wearing Cool Water?' instead of saying 'You smell good'.

yayank

since i live in Singapore with hot weather
i really need to purchase this as I need something refreshing,clean,energizing especially when i just finish my dance which really use up my energy.

Denyze
Denyze

At one point I felt like my entire school was wearing this scent, the guys the girls everyone! This scent is so fresh, cool, clean and just right! Its the perfect scent to wear on a beach outing. I also love the men's version. Smells stronger than the women's version. This fragrance sends me back to the first year of a new start in a new school.

nesca1502
nesca1502

This is one of my favourite fresh fragrances out there. It is perfect to wear on a hot sunny day or to the beach, has pleasant notes all the way and since it's very recognizable, you get a lot of compliments and "I love that one too"

popy80
popy80

i got it from my friend who went to philipine. not nice. its very strong n not soft although its so aquatic

melissa
melissa

If I had to chose only one scent, it would be this. I think it is the best out there that truly reminds me of the ocean and beach. I wore it for several years, I need to get me some again to add to my collection. I own about 20 different perfumes- I wear according to my mood. I am not a signature person, in ways, I wish I was, it would be less expensive.

mihaela_dana
mihaela_dana

I had a sample and it seems to be so fresh and delicate.
But on my skin... smells nice and fresh only at first, then I just don't like it at all.

Russian
Russian

To me this fragrance seems more like ice than water,but it is a great one!I will definetly purchase for this summer,as I need something refreshing,clear,energizing for hot days in our city.
When you wear this, you escape from the suffocating city,pollution and that artificial that's all around us.You imagine yourself lying on the beach,on a hot,but windy day and you're full of passion and energy you want to share with everyone.
A little bit citrusy,but not too much,a little bit soft,but not too much either - for this type of fragrance,I find it perfect!

vdxl
vdxl

This is a true classic along women. All women I know at least appreciate it and would like it in their collection. It is really common, but still it smells great and sexy when going to the beach or in holidays. I don't find it suitable for all occasions: you will smell cheap if you wear this with a chic little black dress if you know what I mean. Anyway, far better than the men's version which I can't stand.

guest_NineSpiral
guest_NineSpiral

I love this perfume, not only because it's fresh and light, but it also matches well with my mental character. Since I'm not very feminine, I feel like this perfume gives my personality a scent.

gucci
gucci

this one is very fresh but very mature not to sweet or girly it's very sophisticated and serious i just adore it

guest_rynryn
guest_rynryn

This scent is very marine and aquatic. Reminds me of the oceans and sea breeze..

Spring25
Spring25

I enjoyed trying this fragrance (I have a mini), but found it kind of plain and light. I also wasn't particularly enamoured of the melon note. It would probably be a better scent to wear during warmer weather though. I will revisit it. Also, although I found this one to be a bit on the masculine side, I actually like my husband's version of Cool Water for men better. The women's version is OK, but I would probably not buy a full bottle of it.

Well, I'm wearing it now in summer, and still find this fragrance too light.

Elitsa
Elitsa

It was my favorite perfume but on the half of the bottle it bored me and i gave it to my sister. It is fresh, clean, light, a nice everyday scent.

Anna_C
Anna_C

I like this fragrance but to be perfectly honest I like this fragance on my BF even more. Cool, fresh and clean and fairly long lasting... Okay fragrance but not very feminine or sensual... overall just okay.

This perfume tops my 'most hated scents' list. Such a disappointment when I loved the male version so much.

This was a horrid blast of sourness and nose burning acidity. It beats me as to how people can wear this. When the horrible top notes mellow all I get is a boring, predictable water scent.

Nothing exciting about this what-so-ever.

krabby
krabby

I wore this one but i have to say i got tired of it. I tried to wear it by summer and i found it too strong and somehow sickening when it really should be a summer fragrance. So i ended up using it in cooler days and it kinda worked out... i simply couldnt smell myself. I wont buy it again.

gozgoz
gozgoz

This is the coolest cool scent I know!!! It's refreshing light and also remarkable sexy! An all time perfume for me!

golden.one
golden.one

This was one of my first perfumes, and I wore it for 2 years. Now it makes me sick. I don't know why, it's so powerful, and when I smell it on someone it is very overwhelming. My husband begs me to wear it. I want to like it, but it smells cheap now.

Nina5
Nina5

I like to smell it on others. So I've worn it today to try it out. At first I liked it, but after an hour - two it smelled too sweet on me. This lasted the whole day..
I guess I should try it in summer again.

barbiot35
barbiot35

One of the biggest disappointments i ever had by perfumes!... It has a sour note what layers all the other under clean notes, you can't smell anything specially cool and fresh!...

BethAshley
BethAshley

I do not love this fragrance but it seems that men do! I have received more compliments on this than any other perfume I have worn. Including from a cop that gave me a speeding ticket, unfortunately he didn't like it enough to skip the ticket altogether.

Overall the melon, floral and aquatic stand out the most. If you like aquatic scents (or want to get men's attention) it's worth a shot.

Still the best of the citrus aquatics.There have been many since, but none as clean and blue as this.

brickbird
brickbird

It is a very good fragrance. Very fresh and sharp. I like it very much. I use to have it, but I stopped because it became very popular in my country and also I smelled some cheap imitations of 'cool water' around and I got very pissed off

LORENA
LORENA

I have just bought a bottle... I took a shower this afternoon and sprayed it twice... It is hot today in my country...I was in the mall.. saw it and bought it...My sister wore it about ten years ago .. I think... so... since it is sooo famous... I wanted to give it a try...well...nice opening...mostly floral, fresh, sharp.... not the kind of perfume I usually wear ( sweet, floral, vainilla) but suitable for a summer afternoon...nice base notes too...more flowers start to appear ten minutes later... jasmine leads the base notes on my skin... and finally a soft smell of sandalwood stays with you the rest of the day......well! what can I say? I like it...not for a special occation or for an eeeelegant party... but good... fresh ...good vibes... energizing...

tangledvines
tangledvines

I used to enjoy this scent, but now I can't stand it. It's realllly overpowering to my nose. I think I have determined that I am not a fan of lotus as I find that I don't like virtually any perfume with this note in it.

PR
PR

I had Cool Water when I was in the last year at a high school, it was my first 'proper' fragrance, and still had it for about two years after graduating. If I remember it right, at the begining it smells sweet and fresh,fruity, but together there is certain sharpness, similar to Klein's 'Escape'. Because this similarity on sharpness comes initialy to mind , I 've checked 'Escape' as well, and it happens to be in the same olfactive group, though word 'aquatic' can be misleading, and it is, in no way, light scent. Actualy I got very tired of wearing it because of its' sharpness. In my opinion, fragrances like this should be weared occasionaly and not everyday, becaue it is very easy to get tired of them.
I would like to try 'Cool Water' again, because I have many memmories of my late teen years associated with it

XSX
XSX

One of my favorites. Very memorable, distinctive, sharp and fresh. I love to change perfumes a lot,I get bored wearing the same, but this is one I'm going to stay faithful to.
For me, it represents young, extravagant and free women.

kurisu
kurisu

Classy one,it's clean and safe for every day use.I used to love it,but as time goes by,I had tried a lot of perfumes and found that there have more interesting scents out there.Now,I rarely pick this one.

azuriiita
azuriiita

The first times that I smelled cool water, Im like it.. Certainly is a fresh fragrance, suitable to warms days... and catching of nice sensation and compliments... But, after while, this being boring and common scent... not for use often, or for long time. It's a bit sharp -gaudy too

Matin
Matin

I wore some time ago and I felt fresh, with a very distinctive smell ... But it has not stood the test of time, now they will never use and when the smell is suffocating me.

Migotka
Migotka

I got many compliments on this one... I loved it for a very long time, and when accidentally the bottle was broken I nearly cried. Some time later I got myself another bottle, and it didnt seem like the same smell- my taste in perfume changed, and this one didnt seem so nice. I was also discouraged how popular it got- you could smell it every couple of meters walking down the street. However, it's a kind of classic now. Great choice for summer days!

Lisa
Lisa

You will fall in love of this perfume at the first smell, it is so fresh in a way that get you tho the sea, no matter where you are.

ct1980
ct1980

One of the scents that started my love for fragrance, years later I still have a bottle but rarely wear it, perhaps I should start again

dolita
dolita

full of energy and life and i got many compliments while i'm wearing it but it's old one for that reason i stopped it :(

nezzabel
nezzabel

It's fresh and calming scent. Perfect for hot summer days but it's not very long lasting on me!
But i allways have a bottle on summer because it's an energising fragrance!

الأمل الأخير

personally I think it goes for men to wear it too,, it is better than the male cool water but at the same time similar to it

I wear it when I want to be happy :)

amanda
amanda

its light and tender, fresh still feminine, sweet but airy. love this one

guest_Shan
guest_Shan

This is the bomb. A true classic. Clean, fresh, invigorating. I would wear it every day. It has a refreshing high note and the base is just clean and light. Very nice!

sandrina_bambina

Cool Water is a bit sweet and refreshing fragrance. All sweetness came of the watery fruits- melon, pineapple, peach,... in centre of the composition are tender white flowers and icy sea breeze. For me is perfect for hot, really hot summer days. Cool like it's name and long lasting one.

melozberk
melozberk

The new generation cool waters has never been the same. It is unique and always will be. I think it is a real all-time classic. I am feeling so comfortable and confident when I wear it.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Crisp and clean... very nice scent. Perfect for spring and summer wear.

2007
sandrina_bambina

Cool Water Davidoff is one of those perfumes that gives pure energy. Cool and fresh, aquatic and tender. This fragrance leave cleen trace around me. For me, its suitable for all occassions, when I want to enjoy in crespy and softly notes around me.

2007

COOL WATER for WOMEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
COOL WATER for WOMEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Davidoff Cool Water Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Davidoff Cool Water Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Cool Water Coral Reef Perfume by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition for Women
COOL WATER CORAL REEF for WOMEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ LIMITED EDITION
COOL WATER CORAL REEF for WOMEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Cool Water Perfume by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Cool Water Perfume by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Cool Water Pure Pacific Perfume by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition for Women
Cool Water Into The Ocean Perfume by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
COOL WATER for WOMEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
36.00 GBP
Davidoff Cool Water Woman Eau de Toilette 50ml Gift Set
Davidoff Cool Water Woman Eau de Toilette 50ml Gift Set
Gift Set 3.4oz
Cool Water Gift Set by Davidoff Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 oz Body Lotion 2.5 oz Shower Breeze
Gift Set 3.4oz
Cool Water Night Dive
Cool Water Night Dive
COOL WATER for WOMEN by Davidoff SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 2.5 OZ SHOWER GEL 2.5 OZ
Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean Eau De Toilette Spray 2013 Limited Edition 100ml 3.4oz
drugstore.com
Davidoff Cool Water Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition 200ml 6.7oz
Cool Water Perfume by Davidoff, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Cool Water Perfume by Davidoff, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Zappos.com
Davidoff - Davidoff Coolwater Women Fragrance 1.7 Eau de Toilette Spray N A - Beauty
Davidoff - Cool Water for Women Set No Color - Beauty
Davidoff - Cool Water for Women Set No Color - Beauty
Davidoff Cool Water Coral Reef Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition 100ml 3.4oz
Zappos.com
Davidoff - Davidoff Coolwater Women Fragrance 3.4 Eau de Toilette Spray No Color - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Cool Water fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Cool Water, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cool Water by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cool Water by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.