Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women

Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women
dislike

Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Sea Rose Davidoff for women Pictures

Davidoff launches a new edition of the women's Cool Water perfume from 1996. After Cool Water Sensual Essence edition that was presented in 2012, Cool Water Sea Rose launches in 2013 as a new chapter in the saga of love between a woman and the sea.

Perfumer Aurelien Guichard created this composite of notes that represents freshness, spontaneity and purity. Initial accords include delicate and juicy Japanese Nashi pear, which wraps itself around the heart made of sweet floral notes of pink peony and laid on the sensual base of musk.

The face of the new fragrance is model Diana Moldovan, shot by Enrique Badulescu.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with additional shower gel and body lotion.

Pear

Pink Peony

Musk

Cool Water Sea Rose Fragrance Reviews

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Awful. Smells like a £2.99 body spray from a chemist. Generic and sad. Had to wash it off.

Very light and fresh, suitable for summer and daywear. Peony is quite nice in it. Very simple composition. The good thing is that it's not overpowering or slushy. The downside is that it's a little boring.
Wearable scent, but I am not amazed by it. Cute pink bottle.

Wilka
Wilka

In my view, this fragrance might be too warm if you live in a country where Summer can be too hot, sometimes. Uruguay.

nightcat23
nightcat23

The official notes from Davidoff's website:

DELICATE FRESHNESS
Nashi pear & subtle violet petals

BLOOMING FEMININITY
Peony and freesia delicate flowers

LASTING TENDERNESS
Blond cedar wood & musk

Yes, it doesn't have an "actual rose" note, but this is so nice, fresh with a hint of floral sweetness.

rc12
rc12

This is light and elegant. Sea Rose is a delicate and soft fragrance - it's not one for lovers of only bold scents with heavy sillage. I found it rather lovely and comforting.

Jenny-Rebecca
Jenny-Rebecca

I can't wait to try this. I was a big fan of davidoff coolwater during my younger days but left it behind because I wanted something more feminine...this might be the answer!!!

Fresh, floral, delicate, fantastic fragrance for hot season! Musky base is also subtle and very nice. For sure it is office safe, won't bother anyone.

trishtan
trishtan

Beautiful. The name 'Sea Rose', the attractive bottle. It reminds me of Burberry Brit Sheer & Versace Bright Crystal for it's fresh summery scent. First spray the scent takes my mind go travel to a quiet pool, fresh cool water pool with flower petals scattered on it. The air filled with fresh flowery scent. Fresh, delicate, innocent, alluring. Good longevity.

SakuyaJemJem
SakuyaJemJem

I saw the review about this fragrance in a fashion magazine and found it's very interesting so I come to see its information here. I'm a lil bit disappointed to know that there is no rose in the notes. I expected it to be very rosy, fresh and aquatic rose water like its 'sea rose' name. However, I have to try it first. :/

redfraggle
redfraggle

I really like the fresh, feminine yet innocent aura of Sea Rose. Nothing dramatic or sexy - that's what I want.

I got it when it came out, because I liked the idea of a sea rose smell and it was very hot when I bought it. Luckily I only bought a small size. It fades away so quickly and is hard to trace. Also: isn't it strange that there is no rose in this scent?

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I got a sample of this and while I do rather like it, I won't be purchasing.

It's a very nice, pretty 'pink' smelling fragrance; however, it smells remarkably like Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom on me.

I love both and during sales, the bath and body works scent is much less expensive.

pmvd
pmvd

My wife got a free sample of this and she likes it. But I can hardly smell it and it fades sooo quickly that after 30 minutes you can not detect it anymore. I'm not gonna buy this one for her.

netcat
netcat

Well, isn't that an odd disappointment.

Normally I would not be interested in anything from Davidoff, anything in a pink bottle or anything having to do with roses.

And yet. The name "Sea Rose" instantly caught my attention. Bushes of rosa rugosa, also known as beach rose or sea rose, are abundant at the seaside where I spend my summers, and also a memorable part of my childhood playgrounds. I started thinking of something salty and beachwood-smelling combined with a wild rose would not be so bad, would perhaps be the perfect essence of summer.

Then I looked up the notes and found this perfume has nothing to do with either sea _or_ roses - it's supposed to be all about pears and peonies. This is the first time I've been majorly disappointed by a perfume without even sniffing it first.

Maybe the whole thing is some sort of Japanese in-joke, I thought. Being that peony is supposed to be big there and the Nashi pear is Japanese and Rosa Rugosa (Sea Rose) is called literally "shore pear" in Japanese.

I decided to smell it anyway, on the odd chance that pears and peonies could be combined to smell somewhat like roses on a beach, as unlikely as that sounds. I didn't get the pear (must admit I'm a bit of a stranger to nashi pears, so maybe just couldn't place it) but I've smelled a lot of peonies this summer and there's no comparison. I couldn't have called this a peony perfume either, without knowing it was supposed to be one.

If it reminds me of anything, it's one of the less obnoxious and more expensive fabric softeners. Very generic, very linear and persistent. I kept expecting it to fade away quickly, but 2 hours later it was still strongly there, enough to become bothersome. After scrubbing off with hot water and two different soaps it was still somewhat detectable.

Still wish there was a real Sea Rose perfume.
Or maybe I should just try some layering...

I tried this Sea Rose 2 times at duty free and everytime I had a weird feeling about it.
The bottle, colour and name are very appealing.
The perfume itself... nice, I cannot say it doesn't smell nice. Fruit-flower-musky syntetics. Very common.
On my skin it behaves good, it merges with my chemistry and it's confortable to wear.
Pear is not so pungent or obnoxious as in other frags.
All together is a very wearable, nice and pretty fruity-floral and quite longlasting, too.
Less heavy and syrupy than the golden version "Sensual" it can be worn in most occasions, especially in summer and it wouldn'be out of place, just your average girly scent with a background of greater elegance than most fruity baskets.
Then... nothing else. It makes me feel like most Davidoff perfumes: a safe choice of acquired tastes, nothing scaring, nothing that could let others think you're nothing else than a pretty inoffensive girl with some manners.
Is that made on a purpose? Bf said it smelled "normal".
It's his way to say: "I wouldn't run away from a girl smelling like this"
From my part, and I must say it's only my personal feeling, it's something I would wear around people if I had to kill someone going unnoticed and this particularly makes it weird and no-buy for me.
Too much of a clichè, too much of shown off normality, if it makes sense.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

Nice soft opening, but very fleeting. Had to spray myself about 3 times on the way home from purchase to even smell it. Still, it is a very lovely 10 minutes until it fades. perhaps it will bloom in today's heat!

Voopie
Voopie

I smelled it yeastyerday, so lovely and just screams.. "Perfect for summer 2013" :)

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

The official notes are listed as:

Top notes
Nashi Pear, Violet Petals

Heart notes
Peony, Freesia

Base notes
Blond Cedar Wood, Musk

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

I had a sniff of this on holiday in Lanzarote in a shop called Fund Grube. It mas lovely it lasted on my skin for ages and it was a lovely fresh summery smell with a musky base. Its a smell that would capture a time or moment when worn.

soniantunes
soniantunes

This one reminds me of chanel chance eau tendre and also CH212. My kind of perfume especially because of the wonderful bottle... Greetings from Portugal!

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Smells fruity, fresh and sweet. I like it, but have the feeling that it smells like a lot of other fragrances in the same category. It's mostly a young fragrance.

Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff 3.60 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.