Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Cool Water Wave Davidoff for women
dislike

tropical
ozonic
Cool Water Wave Davidoff for women Pictures Cool Water Wave Davidoff for women Pictures

This perfume was created for a woman who celebrates her free spirit and femininity, but is still self-confident. Perfumer Philippe Bousseton created this floral and fruity cocktail inspired by Aphrodite. With its freshness Davidoff Cool Water Wave reminds you of pure, crystal water. It starts with summer notes: juicy, fresh and sweet watermelon that blends with the notes of passionate fruits: mango and guava with floral accords of freesia, datura, pink pepper, peony and corn. In the base of this seductive fragrance there are sandalwood, iris and amber. This tear-shaped bottle was designed by Elie Papiernik. Its iridescent ocean blue colour seduces modern, elegant and sophisticated women all over the world. It is available in 30 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml bottles.

Passionfruit Guava Mango Watermelon

Peony Freesia Pink Pepper

iris Sandalwood Amber Musk

Cool Water Wave Fragrance Reviews

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Wow, what beautiful blue bottle!

The scent is fruity floral with a peppery kick. It brings urban jungle to mind rather than tropical island.
Very wearable fruity fruity aquatic with an elegant dry woody undertone. Very summery yet also very 'business-casual'. I like it.

0Romihi
0Romihi

I actually thought this was a mens fragrance at first. The scent is very masculine. It just smells like musk on my skin. A very strong scent. It lasts for a few hours but gives me headache.

inessawf
inessawf

Despite the slightly disappointing scent at first, this EDT morphs into one of the nicest and cleanest perfumes I have smelt. Can really smell the watermelon note! Also, for EDT, this fragrance lasted at least 12 hours on my skin!

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

J'avais hâte de sentir ce parfum. J'avais de bons souvenirs de cool water et Je m'attendais a une odeur d'océan, de fraîcheur mais c'est pas génial... Trop masculin a mon goût. Au moins, après 10 minutes, c'est un peu plus supportable, mais pas mon genre.

sammydevlin
sammydevlin

I like this but it's not at all what I was expecting. I was hoping for a tropical scent but on me this is just very peppery.

I don't smell the melon that a lot of people have referred to and after about 5 minutes I'm left with a sort of pencil lead smell, but it's not unpleasant.

This was a blind buy and I'll keep it because it was really cheap but I can tell I will need to reapply it lots because it doesn't last more than an hour.

*Edit* The lasting power is actually better than I originally thought. It's about 5 hours.

aura2424
aura2424

unfortunately this perfume did not make a splash with me.i found it too masculine for my taste .i gave it to my son and it made a great wave.i now keep the empty bottle on my dresser .the lovely shades of blue sure make it cool to the eye.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I haven't worn the original Cool Water for women, but the hype around it was enough to provide me with preset notions about this flanker.

When I sprayed Cool Water Wave on, I got that much-abused feminine aquatic note that smells of sweet watermelon. Citrus wafted up within a minute or so.

My expectation were met, and I focused my mind on the tasks at hand... interrupted about half or so later by the distinct notion that I must have sprayed some Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely or Narciso Rodriguez on some item of clothing weeks ago. Lo and behold, it was Cool Water Wave, now transformed into a musky floral, the "floral" aspect being a very clean orange blossom or some kind of jasmine.

Looking at the listed notes later, I decided that the combo of fruit, feesia and peony may have given me that orange-blossom impression.

So there it is, Cool Water Wave, a perfume sure to please the majority -- fans of both the sporty Cool Water, and of the recent trend of inoffensive musky florals of a distinct pink character. Enjoy!

xabaras
xabaras

I can smell nice and rich watermelon at the beginning. Then my nose gets distracted by the tropical fruits in there, which I can't really define, but this level of perception lasts only 10 minutes or so. Then the peppery note appears and it sort of grabs all of my attention. Then it merges with the watermelon and there it stops. Until it fades.
I like it but I don't find it very original. As for the aquatic and ozonic features, I can't find those either. It is a pleasant scent that one could wear all the time without annoying anybody. Not too strong, not too mild. Just right.

sensous_5877
sensous_5877

Do you smell roses in the beginning too??
This is so unspectacular to me. And somehow it reminds me of a flowery children shampoo.

Frauke
Frauke

On the begining typical fruity aquatic scent, nothing specific, but after a half hour it develops into an odd fruity scent with very good silage and longevity. Lasts about 6 hours on me.

Manali
Manali

not a huge fan, not long lasting, doesn't work for a person like me living in a hot n humid climate!

Miss Reem 72
Miss Reem 72

I got this as a gift , and didn't like it much . It's not bad , but it's not what I usually go for .

denmaz
denmaz

this is nice for office wear. soft and not too girly smell.

tvu
tvu

I bought this as a blind buy, I was hoping it would be similar to the Cool Water original, but sadly this is not so. It opens up with a light fruits/floral and then more sharp floral notes in the middle - not so pleasant compare to the original Cool Water. No aqua notes as i would have loved it to be. It is not bad, but I will stick with the orignal Cool water :)

loonad
loonad

this to me is very spicy.i dont know if it's the pink pepper.it smells v masculine and sexy and i love it.gives me a boost.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I also got this unsniffed as it was a price I couldn't pass up. I thought it would be more or less like the original, but it is actually quite different. It is definatley an aquatic which is not usually my thing, but I do enjoy this one. It's aquatic, mixed with ever so slight sweetness and fruityness, but my favourite part is a woodsy undertone which is present all the way through. Making it one aquatic that is wearable for me. It's not my favourite perfume, but I do enjoy it from time to time as something a bit different (from my collection. I actually find longevity pretty good for such a light fragrance.

vicka16
vicka16

I like a lot Cool Water Wave. It's quite different from the original Cool Water which is fresh and aquatic. Wave is also a great fragrance for summer, it is fresh and slightly sweet, exotic fruity floral goodness. I think I will wear this fragrance a lot this summer.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

Well, well i just buy a bottle 50ml because it was on SALE,I did not know the fragrance ...
To my surprise, I found it very, very similar to Raph Lauren Wild , wich i have.
Cool Water wave has little durability on my skin, but it is a good alternative and less expensive if you like ralph lauren wild wichs obviously better quality and lasts longer than Cool Water Wave.
Fresh, sweet but no too much, go for it if u love watermelon!

bckstrtmr
bckstrtmr

I want to love this -- It doesn't smell bad, just fresh; I get none of the fruity notes. Does anyone else sneeze after putting this on?

michelle.tan
michelle.tan

I love it :D I smell summer after wearing it

Eneres_Nat
Eneres_Nat

Between this and Cool Water Summer Dive, this smells older and a little more "aunty" to me. Its still a lovely scent that's pleasant to wear to the office and definitely grows on you. I bought this when I was in UK a few weeks ago and now that I am back in tropical Singapore, the scent has changed. Same thing happened with my Cool Water Summer Dive.

laboona
laboona

it's really cool water when i wear it i smell sumer

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Nice , bought a 30ml bottle for the bargain price of £12 in Boots today........ Totally and Utterly Unsniffed as they didn't have a tester out. But as i love summery/fruity/aquatic scents , for £12 i thought "Why not " .

Its just "Nice " , nothing special and some of the other Davidoff women's summer Ltd Eds are far better IMO ( Echo , Summer Fizz , Game Happy Summer )

However , it is a happy , refreshing scent that's not too sweet or cloying and wont offend co-workers . At the price i payed I'm very happy , but if id payed the original price i might of been a tad disappointed as it is nothing special .

Also i cant smell it on myself after 1 hour , my BF can though and he likes it. Its the same for me with every scent though , i must get used to the smell after so long.

The only scents i can still smell on myself after 1hr are the Thierry Mugler ones

For Davidoff fans - I did test both the new women's and mens " Cool Water Summer DIVE" today , which were gorgeous if you like this style of perfume. Just whats needed on these hot , stuffy , humid English summer days !!

6/10 for the scent but 10/10 for another bargain found.

( I'm from Yorkshire , famous for been a bit "tight" and we do love a bargain!)

ljo17
ljo17

i liked it, very refreshin water melon smell but lost it after 5 mins which i was suprised

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

All go very well until the base notes where overdose of Iris takes over everything.

tonni
tonni

Very very very tropical and fresh.

A big bottle of iced fruit juice for you in hot summer beach.

guest_Fiza
guest_Fiza

I think it is the best women perfume from the age of 20 to 35...it surely rocks...
the sillage is very nice and lasts almost 24 hours on my acidic skin !

guest_Umair
guest_Umair

I love this Smell....it really touched ma heart,,,,it surely rocks, keep it up.:)))

acingram
acingram

I owned a bottle of this and the smell was clean and fresh but on my skin it didn't work for me. I gave it ot a friend who loves davidoff. It smelled great on her! You never know til you actually put it on.

delphine67
delphine67

Its a little bit to aquatic to me. The fruitiness I liked though

Trvevil
Trvevil

Aw this is so much nicer and yummier than original in my opinion- watermelon and guava blend works nicely on my skin x0 Something slight peppery- very well blended. Nice, worth to try

chyprecat
chyprecat

I love it! It lasts and lasts and lasts on my skin, and I find myself lifting my arm to my nose all day long to take a draught of it in. While I think of this as essentially a summer perfume, I am happy to wear this any time; any season, day and evening, hot or cold, and I especially love the peppery note that seems to come to the surface again and again.

mwater1
mwater1

All I pretty much get guava,pepper, musk, and wood. Not floral or fruity on me at all more like a floral woody musk with a dash of fruit. Not a bad fragrance, but not anything that I will repurchase in the future. Rating 6 out of 10.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

i have this one, it lasts a really long time on me. but i dont know why, it seems a warm fragrance, (maybe because of the pink pepeer note?) and by the name, it suggests to be fresh. that's i only were it at winter and long parties

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

I tried this in the shop today and it was too floral/fruity for me. I prefer the more androgynous marine scent of Cool Water. It's a shame because I was excited about the prospect of the watermelon top note, but this was too sweet.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I wore this in the summer last year and never tired of it for daytime use. I have had the original cool water too and like both equally, although I find this to be fruitier but still refreshing and unoffensive. Nice bottle too!

SSUNSHINE4497
SSUNSHINE4497

My Fiance picked this out for me (I did like it at the store) but Ive been using it for romm spray rather then on me. The scent on me smells of strong pepper/sandlwood. Its not a FAV of mine :( I really wanted to love this Coolwater.

taydev
taydev

this ones a little heavier and more floraly, not aquatic like the original. they just cant seem to top the origional.

dina
dina

Cool water the original is by far much more better. This one is a little heavy and doesn't smell good.

Synsa
Synsa

seriously i got headache after using this.. i don't like the watermelon smell.. it really make me sick.. i won't buy it again... not recommended for my friends... i bought it last 5 months and .. very disappointing...

tsofa
tsofa

What on earth I was thinking when I was buying this fragrance? That I had liked the ad and I had to buy it? The good- looking bottle? Why did I give my money for something that reminded me insecticide? How foolish of me to buy it UNSNIFFED!!!

I don’t smell the mango. I don’t like the guava and the peppers and there’s plenty of sandalwood in it that brings me headache.

I’m angry by myself. I should have known better. Next time I will be advised by Fragrantica too. I swear!!

corinmelody

i tested it today....at first it is quite strong but it becomes much fresher shortly.
it is not bad but i am sure for one thing: you can NEVER use too much of this on your skin....the scent is extremely strange, odd, weird....if you spray too much on your skin!
but i still bought one 5ml sample for myself because of its nicely designed bottle :)

corinmelody

i havent tried this one yet but the notes really got my attention!
Passionfruit, watermelon and mango together sounds great and perfect for summer!
and i found a VERY cheap way to buy this in 50ml, only HKD$110, which is like less than 11euro!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This scent is so much better than the original. It's much fruitier, fresher, and lighter. I also love the bottle, and how the royal blue fades into the ocean blue shade.... very pretty AS WELL AS a nice scent.

smp
smp

Ok, i like this kind of scent but it hasn't seduced me at the end...

Fiorenza
Fiorenza

What a mistake: to buy it before smelling it! It is a very ordinary smell, nothing special and it really smells like rose (or rose butter) - which is one of the ingredients I truly hate in a perfume! I am very disappointed by this watery, and even simple perfume! This one has nothing to do with any Escada's fruity fragrances or one of the Be Delicious ones (which I adore all). I recommend you highly to try it before purchasing it - it could save you money and regrets.

Lailica
Lailica

As soon as I sprayed the 1st time, my daughter came to give me a hug and ask my why I smelled like a pear........I could smell watermelon during the day, but then later the smell became quite interesting to me. Very soft amber and a gently flowery smell.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Better than cool water it smells like light exotic fruit and sandalwood but lasts like a body spray!

Montie_M
Montie_M

This flanker is much better, more floral than its predecessor Cool Water as there is a prominent freesia step forward. But, the name of 'Wave' somewhat misleading as I thought of the sea scent instantly when I read the name but actually, the fragrance itself is more to white-water scent.
Anyway, apart from the name, it is a good fruity-floral that can be used either in raining season or summer.

alina terec
alina terec

nice fragrance, has a cool breeze to it before it blossoms into an elegant feminine scent. can be worn day and night, i would choose it for fall and spring. fit for all ages.

guest_tina
guest_tina

well i just got the sample bottle of cool water and looked it up on the cpomputer . i did that because friends had been saying it was for men . but i found out that there is one for men and one for women

hena a
hena a

fruity and fresh. at first i tot i can only smell melons. now i think the mango stands out more.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I tried this one yesterday. Unfortunately it just didn't really stand out as a unique perfume. I agree with a previous poster - I prefer Cool Water.

dolita
dolita

i like to wear that one on the beach on the summer days and i have a bottle and i saved it to that days

hydrangea
hydrangea

When i wear it, i think im living in cool fresh water world.Good for summer &hot day.

shopping_crazyx3

which is better, cool water or cool water wave? I like the fact that cool water wave has mango and seems really fruity, which i like. But I don't know if the fruity really lasts long enough though.

guest_Hana
guest_Hana

I love this perfume it reminds me that i am a water person

shopping_crazyx3

I'm considering getting this perfume because it's fresh and fruity, but I'm not sure if it'll work for any season other than summer

sokoblonde8
sokoblonde8

i like davidoff because usually they arent that strong and i like light scents that are fresh so i can mix with other light smells and create a different but cool water wave is my favorite davidoff perfume so far. i bought freeze me today and it reminds me of normal cool water.. which is fine

Marianne

Gianfranco Ferré and Davidoff Echo remind me of this one, as well.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

Wave is just a name... there's nothing in it resamble the name. It's a niche floral fruity. You get the fruity first, then the floral at the middle. The peppery floral in the middle made Wave elegant and feminim. Better than Cool Water Game.

If you like DKNY Be Delicious, you may like Wave.

Marianne

Well, how does water smell???
I think, they mean the impression you get and its very fruity and well balanced, in my opinion. Try and apply it to your wet hair and air-dry it. The scent will last for the whole day :-)

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I actually prefer Cool Water... it is a nice scent but I don't find anything that brings water or even cool breezes to mind. I was kind of disappointed.

2007

Cool Water Wave by Davidoff 3.48 out of 5 based on 246 ratings and 63 user reviews

EDT Mini 0.17oz
Cool Water Wave by Davidoff for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Cool Water Wave by Davidoff for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Davidoff Cool Water Wave Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Davidoff Cool Water Wave Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Cool Water Wave fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Cool Water Wave, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cool Water Wave by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cool Water Wave by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.