Designers » D E » Leather « Groups

Davidoff Leather Blend Davidoff for women and men
dislike

leather
Davidoff Leather Blend Davidoff for women and men Pictures

The new Davidoff Blend Collection which begins with fragrance DAVIDOFF LEATHER BLEND is inspired by the curiosity of Zino Davodoff who was discovering the world and the best materials and skills in creation. His passion for discoveries, uncompromised quality and elegance resulted in the new collection which would offer the best and rarest raw ingredients combined with style and packaged in an elegant and luxurious way.

DAVIDOFF LEATHER BLEND is the first in a line of fragrances based on special notes and celebrates precious leather. The competition is signed by perfumer Christophe Raynaud, who provided it with spicy-oriental character. Top notes emphasize spicy flavors of saffron and stimulating cold black pepper. The heart incorporates warm scents of rose with shades of hot amber, while the base features precious, masculine leather leaving an irresistible musky trail.

Davidoff Leather Blend can be purchased as 100 ml Eau de Parfum. The flacon is made of heavy glass in dark brown color, with a metallic plate inscribed with the name of the brand and the fragrance. The outer packaging is also of dark brown color with golden color details, made of robust, rough material. Davidoff Leather Blend was launched in 2014.

Saffron Pepper

Joop! Homme Sexy In Pink

Davidoff Leather Blend Fragrance Reviews

kanak
kanak

One of the best releases from Davidoff in a very long time.
Leather Blend Starts off with a slight peppery saffron that is joined by the main notes of amber and leather. Some hints of rose but these are the 3 main notes and it stays that way for the rest of it's scent life. Projection is strong arm's length with 3 sprays and longevity is a good 7-8 hours. For a niche quality offering like this, it's not that expensive either. I am impressed. Recommended for all leather lovers. 8.5/10

P.S Nice chunky bottle as well. Masculine class all around.

quophi
quophi

Smells like a mix between 24 gold (must be the amber) and a pure leather fragrance. Will buy in future, since not keen with its current price point.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

This cologne inimitably impresses with its understatedly suave character. It stands out in longevity and projection. Saffron, rose, leather and (a wimpy dose of) agarwood are well blended to give this cologne that premium olfactory panache. Ideal for office. I won't asseverate that ladies can't rock this. If i'm inclined to rate this product based on its performance, it's 8/10 for me! Superb quality! Nice one Davidoff!

romanygerges
romanygerges

Oh my God, Amazing cozy, Rich and deep. just amazing, I love it. Bottle looks fancy. it lingers around you for the whole day, lasts in my cloths for Days and Days. it never goes away until you wash your cloths. I love it. not easy to find. if you found it somewhere, buy 3 bottles and keep them. i have a feeling they will be even harder to find in the future. ENjoy it

Dark-X
Dark-X

A warm, spicy leather smell with saffron-softened edges.

If you are a fan of spices or leather, Davidoff's Leather Blend is a must-try.

powerf98
powerf98

@santos89 i wish this was available all over the world rather than this limited releases but then again it cost too much to advertise and promote in places where leather scents are rarely worn. For us fragheads it's annoying but for their marketing budgets it makes perfect scent.

Now when it comes to the scent, this is a perfect leather based frag for a fraction of what i've paid else where for leather based scents. It can stand toe to toe with some of my niche bottles and for a fraction of the price. Soft, smooth, sexy and not too overwhelming. My picky wife loves it as well as my friend. Top shelf.

Santos89
Santos89

I was quite excited to see Davidoff releasing an upper tier scent. I may be in the minority, but I've always thought they had more to offer than they've shown with their latest releases. Of course, I wasn't expecting miracles, but if they made an at least decent scent, I'd be very pleased.

I'm happy to say that they've actually knocked it out of the park with this one.

Davidoff's Leather Blend is yet another leather in the smooth modern style, that was kicked off by Tom Ford's excellent Tuscan Leather.

Leather Blend was quite hyped, but has also had some issues with lack of availability. As far as I can tell, Leather Blend has had a very limited release in Europe and the US, whilst it's widely available for it's intended market - the Middle East.

Personally I'm quite tired of these regional releases. Sure, the fragrance culture is different, but why limit your products chance at success?

Anyway, let's get to the fragrance itself.

First off, the bottle is quite peculiar. They've gone with a bigger version of the Silver Shadow bottle. Not a bad design at all, but quite interesting that they've chosen to go with the same bottle as one their countless failed releases.

The fragrance itself is quite simple, yet very dense.

It opens with a decent floral theme. I get a well done saffron note that is ever so slightly similar to the one in Versace Man and Escada Magnetism. It's joined by a hint of pepper, giving it a slightly spicy edge.

However, any spicy edge is gone as it goes in to it's extremely smooth heart. I read that it had rose in the composition, but to my nose it's nowhere to be found. However what I do get a is a boat load of amber. It's a very smooth and realistic amber, and it's quite sweet which backs the saffron note nicely.

The base is one of the greatest leather drydown's I've ever experienced. Imagine Tuscan Leather without the raspberry and you are sort of in the ballpark. However, Leather Blend is much ballsier and darker smelling. Perhaps it's the saffron coming in to play here, as that combination of saffron and leather is marvelously executed.

Whilst Leather Blend won't win any prices for originality, it's still a damn nice scent. It'll undoubtedly be easily overlooked amongst the modern leathers - Montale's Aoud Leather, TF's Tuscan Leather and all it's clones, which is too bad as Leather Blend certainly has something nice to offer.

Longevity is excellent - 9-10 hours.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

@zakkarah, I totally agree with targeted fragrance for certain parts of the world. The marketing strategy of this juice limits the exposure which reduces sales.
Now about this phenomenon juice...last year since mid October, I've been trying to get my hands on a bottle. Finally I found someone who was able to sale me 100ml NIB. As a blind purchase, I wasn't sure if I would like it or appreciate the fragrance. It may not be Kilian, ADP or Creed but Coty surprised me with a EDP of this juice.
The aroma of leather combined with amber has a very distinct herbal/spicy vib with a definite bite to it. Pepper really gives this juice depth as well a real attractive masculine aroma.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting over 8hrs when I sprayed it 2x on my skin.
Finally thoughts,
I have to be honest, I wasn't sure if I would like this fragrance. After spraying it on my skin, I get this tangy vib. When it settles I enjoy the aroma of leather combined with amber and pepper which awakens my sense. There just a hint of saffron adding to the rich/dark spicy aroma.
To Coty allow everyone to enjoy this fragrance....9/10

micpower
micpower

This is the best creation from Davidoff

Silent.Dragon
Silent.Dragon

Not at all what I expected from Davidoff. This is a rich, creamy, leather/oud blend. As some have already said, this is not a dry TF Tuscan Leather, Acqua Di Parma Leather, Montale Aoud Leather, etc. This borders on "dirty suede". Similar to D&G Velvet Desert Oud, but less salty and slightly more dirty. Definitely not sweet, and I don't detect any rose. For price/quality ratio, this is one of the best leather ouds on the market, by far the best mass market/designer in its class. I would say good enough for Barney's to carry. A really great blind buy for anyone who loves leather/oud. Only warning: It is heavy. For those that hate heavy, heady scents (like my wife), this is not for you.
One Recommendation: Try layering with VR spice bomb. The 2 work really well together ... smells ultra expensive ... almost Xerjoff ;)

The only problem I have is longevity. 2-3 hours tops on my skin. But then again, I get the same performance from D&G Desert Oud. But at this price ($80/100ml), you can just apply again and again. D&G cost me $130/50 ml at super discount, regular $306/50 ml ... you do the math!

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

Dry, dusty and woefully boring. Very little leather. If you like this middle eastern style of perfumery, along the lines of Bentley Absolute, M Generation, Amouage and such, you might enjoy this.

Dont go into this expecting anything like Tuscan Leather, Colonia Leather. This is like the inside of a dusty wooden box.

BigGulps
BigGulps

Smells like Ameer Al Oudh which in my opinion is not a pleasant smell. Opens up with a blast of Oud and spices. Drys down to a sweet Oud and a little bit of spice. To me Oud fragrances smell like body odor. I detect zero leather and I own Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, La Yuqawam homme, Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather, CH Men, Tom Tuskan & Demeter leather. Save your money if you are looking for a leather fragrance. Definitely a mature smell so I'm going to gift it to my 83 year old grandfather.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Ohhh I want to try this one bad. These reviews below just make me want to find it.
I enjoyed some of Davidoff's older frags, but I never fell in love before. Maybe this is Mr Right? If nothing else, perhaps it could be Mr Right Now. Just don't tell the wife....Even though she will smell him on me.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This one takes a. Little while to get use to. Don't write a review after initial smell from a sample or if you just bought it and sampled it for a day. Well, don't do that ever..but I'm just trying to emphasize that fragrances like this one just will need to give it a few wearings to really "feel" what is trying to be accomplished if you are thinking to yourself "oh it's davidoff so I bet it going to smell like a leather jacket of something.." Wrong.
This is like something I would have expected to come out of a niche house to be honest. There's definitely quality ingredients being used and there's definitely a great blend of notes here. I detect leather and saffron here with some Amber or something making it a little sweet but this isn't a sweet type of fragrance if that makes since.
I'm more of a ch men type of leather fragrance lover so I am going to pass on this for that reason, but if you are the type that goes for ysl-noble leather or tom ford Tuscan leather, than do yourself a fav and check this out. Great bang for buck and it will hang with them frags on the longevity aspect.

$$
$$

This is Davidoffs rendition to a creamy leathers night.

K1
K1

Davidoff Leather Blend is indeed a splendid workout. It stays between designer and niche quality.

Yummy dominant sweet amber leather with spicy base. Saffron plays an important role in formation of sweetness. The amber accord is mellow, with less labdanum and much vanilla and coumarin.
Leather Blend is wearable formal/casual evening/night summer-less fragrance. Not a perfume for very cold nor very hot weather.

Longevity 7/10 plays great on skin
Sillage 6/10 stays almost in close radiant but performs clearly
Scent I like it, it's so chic
★★★

groover
groover

Got my bottle from ebay today, the
perfume is delightful and smooth, and
it is long lasting on my hand,
as the name says the leather is very dominate,
and somehow it reminds me of something i already have in my collection, therefore i was not so impressed and the fact that the seller had used a good 12 ml from the bottle without telling me just made me kinda angy at the whole package. But at the end of the day this is a beautiful perfume, dear i say davidoffs best ever.

drsillage
drsillage

An absolutely beautiful, rich and luxurious scent. Had this been released by TF private blend or Amouage, people would be paying crazy money for this. Fortunately, I bought it a while ago for $50 and am thoroughly enjoying my time with it. I will probably buy several backup bottles too. This will stay in my collection and fall/winter rotation forever. Another glorious entry from Davidoff; their best since Zino.

9/10.

I tested this last year, and found it way toooooo heavy starting from the top note. Not summery at all, not in days, not in nights.

My nose smelled oriental wood, incense, or oud in this. May be i am wrong or unable to remember well. I'll try to believe that the notes listed above are accurate.

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

Picked this up on ebay for £30. Very good leather fragrance same bottle as my silver shadow. Sillage is strong for first 3 hrs on me then close to skin, but its very elegant and well done fragrance

hadrian
hadrian

Simply amazing!
A very good, not at all sweet, leather. Just rounded with amber and saffron, plus a drop of rose oil.
For those who love Amouage Opus VII - for instance. Not identical, but similar - and less smoky.
Definitely the best release from Davidoff since Zino and Cool Water. Also, a niche product of a nose - Ch R - who until now worked for designers and celebrities.
Very potent - it's an eau de parfum.
Glad to have it.
A deserved 9/10

@Rerik
There is hardly any (if at all) oud in this fragrance. What you mainly smell is sweetened leather by the amber and rounded by the saffron, pepper and a little rose in a beautiful way. Leather comes in many many forms and not only the rough kind like eg. Knize Ten. I smelled many ouds but those are not like this at all.

Rerik
Rerik

To me this fragrance smell like oud. Pure leather you get from fragrances like Knize Ten.
They have definitely chosen a wrong name for this.
Davidoff Pure Oud would be the right name.
This is a very high quality scent which has the typical oud smell on par with The Different Company Oud for Love.

Kiki1972
Kiki1972

I cannot seem to find this anywhere in the US! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

lovescully
lovescully

This is a seriously great fragrance from the once fabulous house of Davidoff.

The main notes that I detect are leather and amber, with a smattering of pepper and saffron. I can't really detect the rose and I don't sense any papyrus; but that doesn't detract from this intoxicating perfume.

To summarize the overall effect of this fragrance I would describe it as a slightly sweet, somewhat spicy amber and leather combination. It doesn't resemble Tom Ford's Tuscan leather and it's nowhere close to Knize 10's ferocity. The closest I could come to another fragrance that this is even remotely like would be YSL's Noble Leather.

The sillage is respectable for a fragrance of this type and the longevity is superb at 10 hours. At a fraction of the cost of a niche leather scent, this is superb value for money.

Although I own and love many Davidoff fragrances (Silver Shadow Private, Zino, Relax & the original Davidoff), this is hands down the best release from Davidoff since Zino.

paulzork
paulzork

I really like this, and am quite surprised given davidoffs disappointing generic frags like the game fragrances. Im not a huge leather fan - cant stand trussardi my land. but i did like dirty english. Anyway, it smells a little oud-y, a little spicy and very luxurious.

It reminds me a little of dsquared potion royal black, but obviously more leathery than that.

Slayerized

An amazing just slightly sweet leather that is imo way more masculine than feminine. The blend is perfect and three notes are easily to be separated: saffron, amber, and the main player: leather! The rose note is hardly, if not, to be detected imo.
The leather note is a little rough in smell but stil smooth, elegant and modern and it's rounded to a slight oriental smell by the amber! Projection is average after a heavy start and longevity is like 10 hrs. People who like Tuscan Leather or Knize Ten and want a good masculine smelling leather that is more done in an oriental (amber) way than raspberry sweet (TL) or floral-amber-vanilla (KT ) can't go wrong with this one! Finally a real winner by Davidoff! Rating: 9/10

remaks69
remaks69

The guy at Sephora said " let me show you this, opps, we actually don't have it, it's new cologne from Davidoff, amazing but unfortunately we don't have here but you could try in other branch. meanwhile, why don't you try this 'Chopard Rose Malaki'" i tried it, it was nice, the opening straight rose and the oud come instantly after with very strong base, i like but i thought notes are not blending quite right, it feels like you're wearing two colognes simultaneously. Couple of hours passed on skin, the smell was diluted and not quite the same what i smelled in the store. i guess it's my skin only.

Now, the same day i had a chance to pop into another branch where i got to try "Davidoff Leather Blend". It opens straight on saffron and then amber and leather hit you on spot and seamlessly blend together. I still got some Oud scent, i have no idea how but i guess it's just from the blend of amber, very subtle, little bit sweet while the leather stays in the background it has very good silage. It's been almost 2 hours after trying it while I'm writing this review and i can still smell it on my skin. Most importantly, the consistency, the way i smelled it on opening is similar to the way smells now. Bottle and packaging are fine.

I give it 7/10 considering 8 is great!

Sumir
Sumir

I love it .it reminds me carner Barcelona cuirs

lakkiirfan

A masterpiece from the DAVIDOFF house, beautifully described by AND-MAT.
Totally agree with you.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I have been waiting forever for a new good davidoff fragrance! Silver shadow and the original cool water are the only ones I really like but silver shadow is somewhat shy while Cool water is all about summer fun and timeless aquatics!

When I first saw this new release for davidoff I knew it would be good! Perfect bottle, perfect packaging and perfect notes lured me in instantly and I was really waiting for a chance to try it! And today, it finally came!

The bottle is gorgeous, the scent is... Breathtaking! Amazing fragrance indeed. Good work Davidoff and finally a fine release worthy of a fine house! Leather, Saffron, and rose are really there and the amber dances in the background! A very very fine fragrance. Elegant, classy, classic with a modern touch, Leather blend is the bolder silver shadow with more sillage and longer lasting power. Confident and cocky in some way! Just perfect! 9/10

aabubaker
aabubaker

sweet leather but had bad sillage and moderate longtivety.

Received Today as a gift
Leather is prominent
Amber is noticeable
a good combination.
perfect Launch at perfect time..
a good winter fragrance, Must have..

Cembaloqueen
Cembaloqueen

I have this perfume since 2 months, bought it in Dubai Duty Free- it's absolutely marvelous, absolute must for the leather and oud lovers! I can't go out without having it in my bag (even the bottle is pretty big), I am so addicted to it!

zakkarah
zakkarah

According to Coty this fragrance will most likely not be available in Europe / USA...only in the Gulf Area.
I am soooo tired of all these targeted fragrances...why you should limit your market and possible more sales is beyond me...

Matz Ridderstrom
Stockholm
Sweden

agoenk
agoenk

leather , so adore this one , the combination all the notes sounds promising and great , i had to have it !!! finally leather focus perfume comes out , yeaaahhhh

Danziger
Danziger

Low budget Tuscan Leather? I'm on it!
I'm looking forward to it!

kl99
kl99

I hope with this that Davidoff watch back at the class, the quality and unicity of his firsts creations... even if this seems to follow the trend of the niche-like fragrances.

Endymion
Endymion

This seems much better than Davidoff's latest releases (The Game, Cool Water Night Dive, Hot Water, Cool Water Deep etc.) and it's an Eau de Parfum!!! ;)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Davidoff Leather Blend fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Davidoff Davidoff Leather Blend, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.