Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

Echo Davidoff for men

Echo Davidoff for men
dislike

leather
Echo Davidoff for men Pictures Echo Davidoff for men Pictures Echo Davidoff for men Pictures Echo Davidoff for men Pictures Echo Davidoff for men Pictures

Echo is Davidoff’s sixth fragrance, launched in 2003 and oriented to middle aged men. The fragrance includes aquatic notes, metal notes of aldehyds and white suede. The base notes are: chili, nutmeg, black pepper, musk, cedar, sandalwood and white suede. The bottle is very beautiful, ergonomic, created in an urban style. Echo was created by Alain Astori, Pierre Wargnye and Beatrice Piquet.

Nutmeg Sandalwood Musk Cedar Pepper Chili Pepper Suede

I Love New York for Him
Horse Power

Echo Fragrance Reviews

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

I think before even giving my opinion on the frag itself, I think it's very important to mention the notes given are wildly misleading.

Echo kicks off with an aquatic burst, with very subtle floral notes.
Much like the more famous Cool Water, Echo has a very synthetic feel at first

But given time it does becomes fresh and almost metallic with a pleasant powdery undertone.

If you're a fan of aquatic fragrances then this is well worth looking at, if (like myself) you are not then let it pass you by.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This cologne is a definitely a love or hate. I like it a lot pure aquatic to me but the initial is a metallic note. Found this for 10 bucks. Will keep in the rotation.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Echo is a very nice fresh spicy aquatic with decent projection and longevity. The strongest notes I detect are nutmeg and pepper. The are complimented by more subtle nuances of woody notes (sandalwood and cedar). I don't really pick up much if any of the musk that is listed as one of the notes on this page. For me, I smell a strong resemblance to Nautica Voyage. NV does not list nutmeg as one of it's notes but it has a very similar spiciness to Echo and that is one of the reasons I really LOVE both fragrances.

For me Echo is a very uplifting scent and it is one of a select few in my rotation that I can truly say I look forward to wearing the entire day.

Cm Punk
Cm Punk

This is the worst fragrance that i have ever smelled. Nothing natural about it just Synthetic! What a joke!

Rating 0/10

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

not bad...love the bottle and the sprayer is excellent. The scent is very chrome like but with spice where as chrome is more flowery or powdery...echo is more peppery and herbal...bright and calming to me. for $20 for the large bottle it is a good buy and a above average scent.

This is actually more natural smelling than I thought it would be, and quite pleasant (fruity/spicy/woody). It doesn't have much depth, richness, or complexity, but apparently it was made for casual warm weather use. Over time it gets woodier and drier. Not for the aficionado, obviously, but solid for what it is. Longevity is fine and projection ("sillage") isn't bad either. I think I prefer something like Burberry's Sport Ice for Men under circumstances that I would consider wearing this one, as it's more interesting to me and more unique in general.

jethra781
jethra781

this was not my first cologne but it is what got me into fragrances im on my 3rd bottle but i havent worn it in almost a year scince i moved on to better scents, does smell a bit synthetic but only to experienced noses, one time i had a bottle of this in the car along with d and g the one and 4 people who smelt the 2 all said it smelt better then the one, so i think it is really good scent for the low price.

fonso92
fonso92

Very nice, fresh clean scent. Reminds a lot of chrome, but a little more sophisticated. Payed only 20 bucks for this 3.4 ounce French made beauty!

Ganz77
Ganz77

Clean and fresh, slight soapy/metal tint to it. Finishes later with a slightly sweet citrus edge.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

For me, this fragrance is super pure and clean.one of my favorite!!

shaunksp
shaunksp

I have a full large bottle of ECHO for swapping. It's not my taste. Got it as a gift. Any takers?

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

to me, this smells exactly like Nautica Competition (yellow bottle). It lasts a bit longer and the dry down is more woody but the nutmeg overpowers. It's ok though.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

Maybe it's my nose, but this perfume smells a bit like real metal. The fragrance is good but I do not like the beginning.

MustardGas
MustardGas

I Had This When I Was A Kid And Don't Really Remember It That Much But I Remember It Was A Nice Fresh Smell

pomdgf
pomdgf

I recommend this perfume if you want something different from the other guy. A simply cool perfect smell, smart and a little bit luxury with suede. I love this bottle it's so chic and absolutely love this scent. I'll buy it again. 9/10

mef
mef

بنظر من رایحه ی این ادوتوالت نسبتا مردانه- خوشایند - بادوام بیش از متوسط و مناسب برای فصول خنک می باشد. کمتر کسی است که از این عطر خوشش نیاید.

rakog
rakog

Nice try... just an average fresh fragrance. :(

midos
midos

nice Parfum ! frish spicy and woody fragrance! I like it so much in the summer & spring .
good longevity & sillage

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Echo is a sweet and artificial smelling fragrance with an almost metalic note to it. Great for keeping fresh in the summer or just for day to day office wear. I would recommend it purely for the bottle itself which is clean, crisp and modern just like the juice it contains. I can't imagine that Echo is to everyones taste though, so be sure to try before you buy.

Cester
Cester

This smells like medicated oil or some Chinese medicine to my nose.

BRH
BRH

I really enjoy my bottle of Davidoff's Echo. It's a fresh, clean linen scent that has that "just after the shower", soapy type feel to it. It's not overly citrusy, but rather just a clean/fresh scent. It does have prominent background notes of metal and pepper that kind of float behind the clean scent to give it a bit of spice in the background.

This one reminds me a lot of one of my all time favorites (Boss Pure by Hugo Boss). If you like it, chances are you will enjoy Echo. The biggest difference is Boss Pure is more linear and purely fresh, while Echo has these same qualities, with a sharper pepper and metal note floating in the background to give it a bit of a kick or spice.

I'm pretty sure Davidoff discontinued Echo this past year, but it's still available and I definitely recommend it if you like fresh, clean, synthetic type scents. (I got an unbelievable deal on this one at Ross's; $8 for 100 mil. It had been marked down 3 times).

franceg
franceg

It`s very difficult for my evaluate this fragance, it,s to hard for my, spicy ford the fidrt, and them amaderade, i dont knoow, i generally ilike davidoff`s parfums, but this is the exception that confirm the rule

CrimsonIdol8
CrimsonIdol8

When I first smelt this cologne, it was love. I loved it so much in fact that I wore it all the time. I decided it was my 'signature fragrance' 'cause it just flew off my skin and made impressions all day. Terribly, however, every passing day that I continued to wear it, it grew to be more and more repulsive to my nose. Eventually, every time I thought of applying this monster, a feeling of dread would overwhelm me.

Thus, through Echo, the realisation that I was not one for having a signature scent. I required intense variety, a multitude of choices and a feeling of spontaneity when it came to my selection. Whilst I understood the idea behind a signature, I found that I needed to let environmental influences and my instinct guide my fragrance selection rather than self-imposed restrictions.

I've recently started to wear this again, after an extended break, and I'm pleased to report that the old magic is back... Echo is distinct. A strange, synthetic concoction that is in a category of its own. Fresh, but not watery nor aquatic, rather it is spicy and metallic with a unusually warm, sweet and (what my skins creates) a slightly creamy dry down.

A previous reviewer stated that the notes seem suspended in a substrate of air. I couldn't agree more.

Echo is definitely the most under-appreciated and underrated of its house. I think it's a masterstroke.

Recommended.

vinnibes
vinnibes

I'm not a fan of peppers or nutmeg, but this one is great. It starts very sharp and peppery, but 10 minutes later it "calms down" to a really fresh and nice scent. The peppers and nutmeg are back at the drydown, but in a pleasent way.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Very uplifting and fresh. Opens with strong, crisp citrus and aquatic notes, and right away the cedar and spices kick in. Finishes off with a warm suede note but still manages to smell fresh. The falcon is very modern and sleek. Beautiful for all weathers.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I'm contemplating getting this again, it seems very aquatic, even though it's spices and woods. The musk seems to compliment the other noes rather than hold them up, and the chilli is less than subtle, its almost not there, but if you really think and search it's there. I get the feeling there is a fruit note in there somewhere.
It retails in Aus around the $40 mark nowadays so worth reapplying throughout the day.

Dad jax
Dad jax

This one makes me Emotional and i get depression attacks! i guess when i used this about 6 yrs ago and i was in some kindda bad phase ! It is not a bad perfume rather a different type, the pepper notes are beautifully mixed over in and out but to touchy for me ! PASSED worth buying!
Was lasting on my very dry skin for about 8 hours !

iconoclast
iconoclast

The only reason I would ever buy this is for the marvellously sculptured bottle. IMAO the watery-peppery fragrance it contains although certainly not unpleasant to my nose, is far too anonymous and safe to merit any serious consideration given the legions of more interesting aquatics out there. I'm tempted to say it's for boring "Ken Barlow" types only - although I can also see how its clean, safe and androgynous smell might attract certain types of women who value those traits in their men; or it might work as a rather bland office or daytime fragrance in summer. Its smell reminds me loads of Hugo which ironically I do like (go figure!) IMO, Lanvin Oxygene For Men is a similar but superior (edgier) choice as an urban aquatic.

This Echo starts out fresh and sweet with watery aquatic feel. Then it quickly becomes peppery spicy with metallic sharpness! It's not exactly calm and pleasant (a bit disturbing) but it gives the scent crisp and clean feeling. The scent gets louder and drier as I have it on and eventually fades away without any trace.

I get about 4-6 hrs and it's decent for me. I have it and not sure if I would purchase it again. I don't care for the sharpness in here but then if it's not in the scent, then it becomes quite ordinary. I guess I will stick with Adventure or Cool/Hot Water lines.

instantjim
instantjim

My initial thought when I tried this was just as Odeklotyo remarked, "it's like Hugo" (by Hugo Boss).

Comparing them side by side I can see that the fruitiness of the Echo is far greater and to a greater degree reminds me of Crave by Calvin Klein. Hugo's fruitiness subsides much more rapidly whereas the Echo retains it. It has that sort of synthetic "not sure if its orange,lemon, tangerine or melon" kind of fruitiness which is very appealing, but to me really defies adequate description.

By the time the fruitiness has subsided and the woods and spices emerge, it is quite close to the skin.

Throughout, there is a crispness: a lack of congestion, which means that the elements, while not overpowering, retain their character. It is a polar opposite to something like Yatagan (one of my favourites) where all the smells blend together in an almost miasmal stew.

This is one of the best fragrances of its sort I have smelled.

Oh, and the bottle is a piece of artwork - surprisingly ergonomic too.

Way better than Cool Water.

Deetron
Deetron

Today I tested it and I have to say I’m disappointed. The start is fresh and very promising…but soon ECHO became too plain even for fresh perfume. I can say ECHO is not long-lasting on my skin – maybe 2-3 hours. I think ECHO is not a bad perfume, but it’s not something spectacular at same time. It’s just another nice summer man scent. Nothing special.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Essence of lemon peel and peppercorn dominate all other ingredients of it.
Fresh opening and warm dry down.

It doesn’t look synthetic to my nose but loving this scent is just depend on your taste.

اسانس پوست لیمو و پرتقال توی این عطر همهء رایحه های دیگهء اون رو میپوشونه و در نهایت شما تنها یه عطر به شدت تر و تازه با بوی شدید لیمو خواهید داشت. اما بعد از نیم ساعت بوی اون گرم تر و دوست داشتنی تر میشه.
دوام و پخش متوسطی داره.
بسته به سلیقه تون ممکنه خوشایند باشه

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Echo is a very well-blended fruity scent which does not develop much in its drydown process. The flanker looks very eye-catching.

This is good in a way that it is refreshing throughout the day you are wearing with little change.

Cheers,

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Este perfume me lo compré para el día del padre y me vino con un bolsito plateado espectacular.
Es increíblemente raro el aroma que despide este perfume. Es bastante perdurable y bien fresco, como para usarlo en cualquier ocasión y hora del día. El olor a metálico es algo raro pero a la vez placentero.
Aunque es un perfume fresco al mismo tiempo es algo picante y profundo.
La botella está bárbara. LA forma en la que esta armada me encanta. Esa onda que tiene esta bueno. Y lo mejor es que no es un perfume muy caro, se los recomiendo.

Ramses7
Ramses7

Echo es un perfume fresco, diferente e innovador. Lo difiniria como un aroma metálico. Por lo menos en mi es muy duradero. No está entre mis favoritos pero me gusta. La botella preciosa.

boedz
boedz

d best of davidoff, very gentle n smooth... long lasting, no need to reapply ... i have 3 bottles of echo, one for daily use, one for collection n one is already empty..hahahha ...love it so much...!! ^^,

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a fragrance that I admire for one distinct reason: the notes seem suspended in a substrate of air. The spicy notes of chili, nutmeg, cedar, musk and sandalwood seem to float in the fictional airy-metallic-white suede. Echo is completely synthetic in nature, but, nonetheless, excellently executed. I do not categorize this as a traditional aquatic or a sporty scent, but something in its own genre. When male customers ask for something that is both light and spicy, I head them in this direction. There are numerous options for women in this category, but most men's "airy" scents are marine or herb based, not spicy. Think of having a spice-infused vodka martini. There is no warmth whatsoever in this fragrance.

Personally, I find Echo too synthetic for me (or hubby). I prefer something with a more natural, resinous base that wears a bit closer to the skin- I don't like to smell a man's cologne before seeing him turn the corner. Here, the aldehydes are not obvious, but are integral to the nature of the scent by acting to lift the spices out and off the skin, and to create an effusive (if short lived-) sillage.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

bought it a few years ago & havent had the guts to wear it yet.the bottle is cold, but the fragrance is GARBINO

fatcat
fatcat

i agree with XSX

...BEAUTIFULL

andrewwanji
andrewwanji

OH....MY....GOD.Echo by Davidoff is surreal, exquisite, out of this world! blows my mind every time i wear it.Guys you have got to get this. it gets me ALOT of attention

andy

definately a sexy scent for a man just as sexy as the men in its advertisements

defintately edgy and women love it

andy

This is kinda underrated and it has a deeper seductive smell to it, the only way to tell if it is good or not however is to see how it works on you cuz it may smell good on me and make u smell like windex

This is definately one of the seductive and unique scents out there and definately worth a try

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

I won't bash Echo for its apparent lack of originality, because it was, for me at least, such a pleasant and comforting scent for as long as I've been wearing it.
As a matter of fact, Echo (as regards the contents of the bottle) is not innovative in any way. It is rather a twist on a popular, well-known theme, but a good one. When I first smelled it, I immediately thought it had a notable similarity to the original "Hugo" (the one in the hip flask) which I used to like, but then it transformed into something completely different, less bubblegummish. It began to show more sophistication and maturity as it evolved on skin.
The scent is exactly as described: a fresh, metallic-ozonic spice and aldehyde note which is maintained throughout but slowly fades into a more mellow wood, suede, soapy base. To me it kinda smells like a new suede jacket... Or the interior of a new car... ;) It radiates a flair of cleanness, or sterility, if you like. It is understated and wearable in any occasion, formal or informal, that I can think of. And yeah, the bottle is a nice piece of urban architecture...

wegmann
wegmann

well it reminds me off escape from calvin klein their is not much off a difference but a find escape a better cologne it seems smoother.

guillermostf
guillermostf

I like the bottle, but smells too acid, a lot of lemon, very citric. The best perfume for men by Davidoff is Cool Water Game. I recognize this is not a bad parfum at all. There's some steel note similar to DKNY man in a way... reminds me of rain, but doesn't smell like wet earth, i mean, it's like water falling down on oranges trees. A nice different one.

XSX
XSX

I totally disagree. For me this is one of the best male fragrances ever! It smells so fresh, but at the same time it's warm and deep. Beautifull..

acc
acc

this is the one and only failure of davidoff. very synthetic and sickening. smells no different than a floor or window cleaner. must sample before buy.

Echo by Davidoff 3.67 out of 5 based on 270 ratings and 48 user reviews

ECHO for MEN by Davidoff AFTERSHAVE BALM 1.7 OZ
ECHO for MEN by Davidoff AFTERSHAVE BALM 1.7 OZ
Aftershave 1.7oz
Echo After Shave Balm by Davidoff, 1.7 oz After Shave Balm Not for Individual Sale for Men
Perfume.com
Echo Cologne by Davidoff - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
FragranceShop.com
Echo by Davidoff for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Echo by Davidoff for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Echo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Echo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Echo by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Echo by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.