Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Good Life Davidoff for men

Good Life Davidoff for men
dislike

Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures Good Life Davidoff for men Pictures

Good Life by Davidoff is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are bergamot, grapefruit, black currant, melon, lavender and fig leaf; middle notes are pelargonium, violet, magnolia and amalfi lemon; base notes are sandalwood, tea, clover, amber and almond.

Bergamot Grapefruit Black Currant Melon Lavender Fig Leaf

Marc Jacobs Men

Good Life Fragrance Reviews

Scensodine
Scensodine

I (a woman) am very curious for this one! And here in the Netherlands the price is ok. About $50,-.
I have Goodlife Women already (brought back an golden oldie back home)
Can anyone give me advice on this one (watch my wardrobe for comparison if you want)

joe38
joe38

Joyful fragrance! Tranquility, elegance and exudes optimism!
It is very effective, there is a unique aura.
The perfect choice for everyday use and special occasions as well.
Categories is not clear to me because I feel spicy chord, but the figs and melon notes is outstanding in it.
Overall effect gives me infinite-balanced.
However, you can not ignore that propagates the "diversity" that
the "good life" symbol, like a parrot in the tropical rain forest ...
Too bad it is discontinued because I think the most beautiful fragrance Davidoff fashion house!

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

What a unique fragrance!!! Very fresh,clean and outstanding indeed.It reminds me Marc Jacobs by Marc Jacobs but this one i think is better in longevity and projection.Fig vibe is unique and pleasant to both of them. Refind and well crafted,i think will be more appreciated by the ages 30+ and more suitable for spring and summer when you want to feel really fresh and clean without to feel like everyone around you who wears these ordinary aquatic generic fraqs.

What an amazing fragrance. I got this way back when launched in 98. Quite bummed to know it is discontinued. This fragrance reminds me of vacations to visit our families relatives in Calabria italy back when i was a youngster. My family owned some land that had fig trees, limes, almonds and chamomile plants. The best way to describe this fragrance is cool fall days when it was the rainy season in calabria. Good life smells like an early rainy morning on that patch of beautiful land with a breeze blowing the scent of fig, chamomile and limes. It's a terrific fragrance. Very unique.

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

It is the Good Life... A classic fragrance - no more...

I am a huge fan of the Davidoff fragrances - I have many in my collection nearing 500 bottles (ok - I guess I am a little OCD..). In addition to being one of my favorite names, the Good Life is one of my favorite Davidoff fragrances. The juice is good - too bad it has been discontinued. I am glad I have 3/4 a bottle that is only used sporadically. The Good Life is truly a pleasant blend of amber, citrus, floral, and sandalwood notes that settles into a herbal, almost grassy", and woodsy fragrance that is fresh and easy on the nose. The longevity and projection/sillage are average, or slightly above average. The "Wow Factor" (comments from the opposite sex) exists - I have had more comments wearing other fragrances, but Good Life has great potential. You will get noticed. While I would feel comfortable wearing Good Life during any season, perhaps Autumn or Spring are ideal. Additionally, Good Life offers versatility that it can be worn day or night or for any occasion.

The bottle and packaging are first class. I am especially fond of the bottle - clear and designed that portrays class. Well done Davidoff.

Now... The rest of the story... The downside is that Good Life has been discontinued. That said, a check of online pricing reveals that if you want some of the Good Life - you will pay a premium.

Final tally for Good Life is 4.1 stars out of a possible 5. Everything about this fragrance is great with the exception of the price/value. If you can find it at a reasonable price, I definitely recommend adding to your collection.

Daily I.M - Today is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Do the right thing..!!

jozemo
jozemo

Pulling this one out for spring,nothing like this green monster.

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

Back in 2002, the shopping mall culture was just picking up in Calcutta (Kolkata) and people would throng these new malls just to experience what the hullaballoo was. I was one of them!! The sales agent would pitch every other fragrance to shoppers who would strangely look at the shelves confused and excited. I was one of them!! Had some countless number of spays on both my wrists of numerous fragrances and also my hands were full of white paper strips which I latter discovered that they were called ‘blotters’! Came back home buying everything except a bottle of fragrance and ofcouse a bunch of blotters. I smelled my wrist trying to figure out what was on it that wanted me to smell it more. Went back again to the mall hoping to find that fragrance which captivated my virgin senses for quite some time. Never had I heard what Davidoff was all about and it was an exercise finding the suddenly lost gem. Tried a few more in a hope to find it and struck luck with this green ridged bottle. Didn’t buy it immediately for some reason but was later gifted by my sister knowing how much I liked it.

Good Life is special to me because it introduced me to the world of fragrances. On my second bottle and use it sometimes for that nostalgia and would keep it for life..Good Life!

GRAF
GRAF

Fortunately it was a present. I can't stand this smell. Very suffocating.

ssssharan
ssssharan

this was a gift to my dad .. i have had it lying in my cupboard for quite some time now .. dint realise it was such a classic. Will do a full wearing once summer is here.

gianmarco
gianmarco

Would love to buy this again, to bad its discontinued.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

This frag just popped in my head after browsing some fragrances of the past just now.

Ah how I remember this, just awesome.

If you really want to have an idea of how this smells, get a bowl of sliced limes, not squeezed, just sliced, and stick your face into it and inhale deeply.

That is about how this smells...without that tart.

Why this was discontinued is beyond me. I bought this over 10 years ago at around 40-50 bucks for the large bottle.

I thought the bottle was cool and knew Davidoff so gave it a shot...great great stuff.

I just looked over to Amazon, and it is now selling for 250$!!!

Wow...

If the price doesn't bother you, this is absolutely a must have without question.

And...hands down for the Spring time....not the fall but "Spring!"

Jwaks
Jwaks

Melon, crushed green leaves, bitter bergamot and various citrus fruit and a bit of green tea. Something harsh lingers below this pleasant opening which I think is lavendar, it also has a bit of that cat pee citrus vibe going on. It dries down to green tea, wood and a touch of amber. A fairly generic and underwhelming green scent that tries to be like chez bond yet has this sharp off note, possibly violet, and bitterness or tannins from the citrus and tea. It's a safe one to skip, there are much better green scents out there including Green Irish Tweed.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

It's nice and fresh a bit synthetic which dates it a little. It's mellow, green, with tea, slightly soapy and smooth too but where is the fig in this fragrance? I had trouble locating it. to me it was more of lychee fruit than a fig leaf.
All in all a nice scent with some very good green tones but good luck finding the sandal wood or almond in the dry down.

aromaphile
aromaphile

I used to own this years ago. I can't remember anything about the smell other than the fact that I loved it. Will I ever experience it again?

BoriScorpio
BoriScorpio

I remember this one being heavily advertised in department stores,a few years later I decided to buy it and have no regrets ever since..I have gotten great compliments and seems to grow on you(meaning you wont get bored of it after a long time of wearing it).

beaconaust
beaconaust

It was my go to day scent and they discontinued it. Why? Didn't they recognise that it is a classic that people would be coming back in decades to come? Davidoff seems to have gotten lost. How sad?

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

one of those fresh perfume that i like. good life is fresh and citrusi fragrance that make you feeling happy and good. this one has good last and stuff but not amazing. i like it 7.5/10.
این عطر یکی از عطر های خنکی است که من خوشم می یومد چون من کلا از عطر های خنک خوشم نمی یاد. یه زمانی یادمه خیلی باکلاس بود و قیمتش حدود 25 هزار تومن بود که می ارزید ولی حالا خیلی بد گیر می یاد و اگرم گیر بیاد حدود 200 هزار تومنه که اصلا نمی ارزه.خلاصه عطر بدی نبود.

Biliana
Biliana

Remains the only male fragrance I would ever wear.

fuggerone
fuggerone

got old of a precious bottle by pure chance in a shop, great for summer evenings out, really unique!

persefoni
persefoni

perhaps the most distinguishable and beautiful fragrance i've smelled on men... amazingly sexy, yet fresh.. only Power by Kenzo is equally bitterly-fresh and sexy nowadays.. a long gone masterpiece with great staying power..

murysusanto
murysusanto

Take me back to the year this was launched! I fond the memories and nothing will ever stop the great millenium. Life is good...

California Pilot
California Pilot

I was dismayed to see Good Life discontinued as it has been my go-to daytime, weekday scent since 2005. On me It starts very bright and green, quickly settling into well defined citrus/light melon which lasts most of the day, finally drying out into musky vanilla. Not particularly sweet, this is a light but distinguished scent that goes well in the office. It will be missed.

omerpervaiz

Goodlife is a nice aromatic/aquatic fragrance but synthetic in a way. I have to go neutral about this one because although it has got aqautic tone but still it is somewhat bit mature and classy. Better than other most the fragrances of this genre.
Projection is good longevity is mild.
I give it 6 out of 10.

renperd
renperd

If this has been discontinued I understand perfectly. Fig to fig-leaf, I say. Fig to you too, Bourdon. What budget were you on anyway?

ihsan
ihsan

This perfume is the pinnacle of all citrus, grassy fragrances. I love this and I can't understand why Davidoff would take this off the market? Please bring this perfume back!!!

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Bought it...tried it. Nothing great. Too lime smelling. Smells more like a sugar fruit than a masculine fragrence. Wont buy again.

stayclose
stayclose

Its ok. To me its starts of really citrusy somewhat like eternity by ck which I read was its rival back in the day. The dry down is a plesant surprise, a soft wood musk. I wouldn't buy it again though.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

A cold and aromatic fragrance.
A reviewer mentioned that it's start cold and stay cold and his absolutley right.
It reminded me of cleaner, laundrey detergent.
A good fragrance that can be worn casualy if it doesn't disturb u but for me it's synthetic and give me a headache.
Seasons i would go spring and summer.
Longevity 7 hours with above average projection.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Juicy melon, fresh lavander, black currant and of course sweet summery figs...i think i have acidic skin and fragrances don´t last that long on me...on summer i have no problems with this; for me is not syntetic at all...you have to live near to a park or a forest to understand it. the tea and sandalwood makes it longlasting and keeps it woody fresh.

oxm
oxm

Good Life is much green and hot,spicy and aromatic.For me is perfume the jungle of Tarzan and Jane.
Similary to Higher Energy Dior, two perfume very good.
Compared to his brother Cool Water that's more leathery, slightly bitter but warms up quickly after the floral heart leaves room for sandalwood, amber and almond fruits of creating an 'atmosphere that heralds the arrival of the monsoon.
Very good.

Messer
Messer

Green, leafy, sticky sweet, chemical, loud but thin. I think that lavender/fig leaf/melon combo makes this scent stand out of the crowd. Its greenness and freshness is not aquatic type but more leafy/flowery; the sweetness of it has nothing to do with typical vanilla/tonka bean but goes into flowery/ambergris direction. After top notes fade out it turns into nutty/green/woody/sweet kind of construction. It's very 90's and I like it a lot. It has great silage and longevity (8h at least) but can be a bit nauseating and cloying if over-applied due to sweet and chemical feel. Strange thing about this product is that when you rub the place where you applied it a couple of hours before it will start strongly projecting again. Best from Davidoff line in my opinion. 8/10

FuzzyHair
FuzzyHair

Smells awful very chemical.

omerpervaiz

Good life has got very much resemblance with cool water. i don't like any one of them. they are actually very boring ordinary aquatic/aromatic/spicy fragrances. but they have got very nice projection and average longevity.
I give it 4.5 out of 10.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Good Life has nothing so surprising and unique! But it’s very nice for everyday usage, at work place or even casual!
It makes you feel light and fresh.
Absolutely green, mostly Aromatic to my nose. Sillage is good, but longevity is about below average.
It’s just it!

این عطر که به شدت رایحه علف و برگ داره، به آدم احساس سبکی عجیبی میده
یه بوی سبک و واقعاً سبز که دوام زیادی هم نداره
اما پخش بوش کمی بهتره
در کل با این قیمتی که داره، اونقدرها عطر خوبی به حساب نمیاد

guest_Flute
guest_Flute

Absolutely love it. Fresh and steady. Smells like a confident and playful man.

Danas
Danas

Good Life looks awesome and has great strong-fresh scient. I use it everday. Would rate it near 9/10 :P

instantjim
instantjim

I have a little sample of this fragrance, though I wish I had a little more. It starts very sharp and green, but quickly mellows. During the dry down It reminds me quite a bit of Pure Vetiver by Azzaro.

I don't really know what fig leaf is supposed to smell like. I have a couple of fig trees in my garden and the don't really smell of much at all. I can, however, say in this fragrance, there is a fresh,crisp, leafy smell with a light unusual aromatic quality, almost like marzipan (which I put down to the almonds). Very pleasant and great for warmer weather.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Had to give this away - unpleasant - too sharp and synthetic. Gave it a good try but gave up - sorry Davidoff!

DC-8
DC-8

A perfect scent for warm weather, specially spring time. Longevity is good, but the only complain is the fig leaf is too strong, as well as green tea.

Top notes are a bit similar to Dior Dune, because of the fig leaves. But the heart and dry down notes are sweeter than Dune.

Wearing too much of it, results something intense and undesired. Again, the fig leaf part would be offensive.

Conclusion: A nice sweet scent for spring days, affordable and romantic as well.

da_markos
da_markos

i like it - it's linear... i also feel it a little bit sythetic. from this kind of family i may also try lacoste essential - in my opinion it's better

bronstein
bronstein

What a nice surprise - it's all so green and spicey here, but in no way heavy. This one suits young and old, but preferably the middle-aged.

dm8m
dm8m

Good life is a good everyday light scent. The leafy notes of this scent makes me feel like I'm in a cool garden when I was wearing it.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

i love every fragrance that has anything to do with fig or fig leaf,but this is at the bottom of the totem pole with that.has an old man avon kinda aura to it,which is a big turnoff!

Cassiano
Cassiano

In Brazil it is very easy to find colognes of the House Davidoff, like Cool Water, Adventure, etc. But this one is not easy and it's one more case of my repentance, since I had a KIT and passed forward (at the time I needed more the money than the cologne).

But I can remember, perfectly, the aroma of this fragrance. It is fresh and powerful at the same time, with beautiful notes of black currant, fig leaves, flowers, almonds and tea. The highlight is directly due to the fig notes...delicious!

Another strange case of discontinued scent on the market without the need, because it is the kind of fragrance that generates numerous compliments and gives the feeling of clear sky and freedom. 10 stars!

kurisu
kurisu

I found that some notes in Good life reminds me of Cool water for woman.it's a sweet and cloying scents ,that I personally dislike(maybe a melon),But middle and the base notes are OK.This one have a strong woody-green scents that give a fresh and clean image for the wearer,but it's not just for me though.

Good Life by Davidoff 4.18 out of 5 based on 229 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Good Life fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Good Life, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Good Life by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Good Life by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.