Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Good Life Davidoff for women

Good Life Davidoff for women
dislike

Good Life Davidoff for women Pictures Good Life Davidoff for women Pictures

Good Life by Davidoff is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Good Life was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are fig, jasmine and rose; middle notes are magnolia, fig, orris root and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, amber, pepper and vetiver.

Fig Jasmine Rose

Magnolia Fig Orris Root Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Amber Pepper Vetiver

Good Life Fragrance Reviews

Calatea
Calatea

I used to have it back in the 90-ties and wasn't so fond of it so gave it away. Just recently I ate a fresh, ripe fig and it brought back the memories of this fragrance. Too bad it's not available anymore.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I had this one: too sweet and a little nausea feeling. Although, I like Davidoff as a brand, and I like this particular bottle.

Virkrattan
Virkrattan

I have 50ml edp brand new bottle of this with box.. never used..
contact me if anyone interested..
Australia Only

Cyndi Gandy
Cyndi Gandy

I picked this up years ago and haven't been able to find it since. This is part of why I am intrigued and inspired to take a courageous step in setting out to design my own perfume. I absolutely loved this perfume and miss not being able to wear it.

ginger68
ginger68

Mr. Bourdon is an elegant "nose". This fragrance is a little gem. I have a small bottle and I'm not sure that the product is still good, but when it settles on my skin I feel fig, woods. And it becomes so cozy, so positive, not for a dark lady, not gothic. Sunny, smiling. The name is perfect to describe the mood of this fragrance: good life!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I really like this one. Starts off very strong with lots of pepper, after an hour or so it becomes a warm sweet floral oriental, going to a soft amber, vanilla, sandalwood after two hours. The fig was there, but not overly strong, in the first & second phases.

Sillage was very strong on me for first hour then went to a skin scent. Lasted about 3-4 hours max on me.

fyi - my skin is normal (not oily or dry) but very acidic so most scents dont last much longer on me.

The bottle is a PAIN to use, too wide it is hard to hold when trying to spray and I have big hands for a woman.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I just can't decide on this one .... so many notes in there that I should love, but it comes off as synthetic and strong, sometimes.
Every now and then I give it another try, and at first sniff its enticing, but then... it seems to disappoint. Maybe it just doesn't suit my chemistry.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

This one had me at hello, lol. First of all, I'm a sucker for almost anything with fig in it, so this fits the bill. Just mildly sweet & fresh fig. The warmth of the wood, amber, & velvety magnolia petals, give me a serene, peaceful feeling. Its a nuzzly, comforting fragrance. I can even imagine wearing this to sleep, since its not a loud oriental & the wood note is not sharp, but gentle.

IMO this would be fun to wear anytime, but I think its best suited to autumn days because its an oriental of sorts, but not a heavy vanillic oriental, such as Casmir, which I save only for winter/nights.

Beautiful, unique with just enough sweetness. Longevity is good on me, which speaks volumes because my skin doesn't typically hold scent. I am very happy I found this!

vicka16
vicka16

Very interesting perfume... It opens with harsh sandalwood base note which last for about 10 min, and then (finally) top notes appear! I love sweet fig and ylang-ylang in it.

UPDATE: Good staying power, 6 hours later I can still smell it on my wrist.

In my opinion not a Oriental Vanilla -more a Floral to me. I think Jasmine, Rose, Pepper, sandalwood, Amber and Ylang-Ylang Stands out most. Very nice mix and a very nice every-day-scent. No sharp, heavy or edgy notes. Great lastingpower on my skin. Timeless and Lovely!

Jag tycker inte detta är en Oriental Vanilla-doft utan mer en Blommig doft. Jag känner noter av Jasmin, Ros,Sandelträ, Amber och Ylang-ylang. En härlig mix och en härlig varje-dag-doft. Inga skarpa eller tunga doftnoter. Sitter otroligt länge på huden. Tidlös och suverän!

Sassy1
Sassy1

Impulse buy.

Definately not an oriental vanilla, just a straight oriental or possibly floriental.

All I get is fig and sweet flowers, mixing into a liquer-like fermented booziness. That odd bitter note from Fath de Fath is there also but as they share hardly any similar notes, I'm at a loss as to the cause.

Overall, it's just ok for me...it actually comes across as a little dreary and seems it could suck the good mood right out of you if you gave it a chance. Kind of like too many shots of Jack Daniels.

Cheap as it may be, I actually prefer the happy fig of Halle over this concoction. But then I don't care for Cool Water Woman either so maybe Davidoff scents just aren't my thing.

Since I don't like it, it probably will last for days and days on my skin. Seems like that's how it always works out. heavy sigh.

This one's a pass for me.

Update: Today, tons of soap in the top before drifting into foggy figgy fugue. Still not a winner.

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

well as this pefume had so many glowing reviews I thought I would give it a try!

Nothing like em! far too far too potent! can't even make out any notes??? smells like a mess to me :( upset :(

olga1780
olga1780

This fragrance was definitely tossed in the wrong category, because it is clearly a light summery floral fruity scent with an aquatic element,just like all the Davidoffs. Fig and ylang make it very interesting and extremely likeable. Again, just like everything from this house, Good Life is pretty universal: you can wear it with a dress or jeans on a summer day, but you can also wear it to the gym without any concerns of offending anyone's olfactory senses.
Very natural smelling with a decent sillage and longevity....another reason I love the Davidoff house. In terms of its sillage and the way it radiates from the skin, a very similar feel to Echo.
Actually, I am going to wear it to the gym today...it's always motivating and inspiring to smell good.

A word of advice: I know it was discontinued, and for some reason a lot of Ebayers think now it's worth is golden and they can do their gouging with trippled prices. As much as I like it, do not pay more than $30 for a large bottle.....it is still very casual scent that is absolutely replaceable. Unless you become really obssessed with it.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is a ylang-dominant scent for me. Usually that gives me quite a bit of trouble, but there is something special about this scent that keeps me inquisitively sniffing my wrist...magnolia and a touch of fig (although the fig appears only briefly in the top notes, and I genuinely wish it would hang around longer).

I am really not getting enough of the base notes for my nose to identify this composition as an oriental vanilla. This is wearing like a floral oriental on me. It feels a bit retro too. I agree with tzoutzou78 who compared it to a lighter version of Tuscany Per Donna, minus all the carnation of course. It feels cleaner and more youthful.

UPDATE: I found that, on hotter days, the fig note was more pronounced, and so were the base notes, which for some reason, my nose interpreted as "tonka bean". Good Life is a subtle mood-enhancing scent that shifts with the weather!

i love this. its so rich and beautiful and long lasting. this, for me, is in the same catagory as barbara bui, nicole miller, dana buchman and pavlova. these fragrances, while not all the same, have that same feel of warmth and richness. they just make you feel good all over. the fig and musky amber in this is wonderful. i don't find this heavy at all, it projects well, but dosen't choke. surrounds you with a lovely aura. its a rare find. i hope i can get more.

madhatter1
madhatter1

A fav, I still have it, its sensual to me. I like the warmness that the sandalwood, jasmine and pepper blends bring. I was happily surprised how good it smelled.I've rationed using it up because it is hard to find. Will use up what I have remaining happily. It reminds me of how my chemistry wears Dune.

smellmenow

I can't find it anymore...

smellmenow

It makes you feel really happy and special

Vamy69
Vamy69

This smells so warm and cozy like you are being wrapped up in the softest most luxurious cashmere sweater ever! Picture a chilly rainy day and you are taking a day for yourself to just hang out and watch movies or read a book and you grab your most cozy cashmere sweater and you wrap yourself up in it and sit in a comfy chair and peer out the window at the rain while wearing this fabulous scent! I have to say I have become border line obsessed with this perfume. It is fabulous!!!!!

cisco
cisco

I have been wearing this on and off since it hit the market. I think it is a great go to fragrance. It opens with jasmine, but after the opening it is so well blended I cannot pick out the notes.

The sillage and longevity are average. Unfortunately, Davidoff took it out of their line and the eBay pricing is high.

tzoutzou78

i give you the composition of notes as listed in the leaflet inside the box
top notes citrus, ylang ylang,fig
middle notes:rose , jasmine , magnolia,fig leaves
base notes:iris, sandalwood,plum,date,fig milk,vanilla, amber.

tzoutzou78

i found a 3.4 bottle at abargain price,and after reading all these different review, idecided to give this atry.First all i got is very flowery .heavy jasmine,and magnolia,.this one reminded of a lighter version of tuscanny per donna.tuscanny has for of a spicy note though,because of the carnation.unfortunatelly in my skin,there is no vannilla.. i wonder why this is oriental vannilla..it is definitely a floreiantal..very light one not an offensive scent, but not suitable for summer time,as it mingles with my skin chemistry and gives me tha old ladies smell..in my honetst opinion this isnt something originila ,there are amillion scents like this...not so sad that its discontinued...

Dark Curls

Ok I gave this another shot..It is ALOT better after it simmers down for a good 30 minutes. The hairspray note is gone by then. Then it is a warm, creamy scent. Not something I'll enthusiastically reach for, but not a total waste of money after all.

Dark Curls

Ack! Why am i getting the dreaded hairspray note?? Did I get a bad bottle? I get the same hairspray note in Escada Sunny Frutti and Montana Parfum D'Elle.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Yes, fig is very dominant I remember. It makes it feel warm, sweet, musky, heavy. Too heavy for my taste.

Vânia
Vânia

It was a shame that they stop producing this perfume...it was one of the best of davidoff produtions.....but everyting that is good ends fast....

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one has a lot of fig,so can someone tell me if it is very dominated by the fig note?I like fig so i am curious about it..

Reba
Reba

It is the only perfume I have bought twice! I usually like to try new scents. It is originala and unique. I can ay with confidence that it reminds of no other perfume.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

The fig-scent!An autumn love-story, a discontinued one I'm afraid.

Very comfortable and comforting, a bit gourmand, original and confident. Its only problem is that it feels too-content.

I like creations that include more questions than answers. This one doesn't trigger much thought.

Polymath
Polymath

Much better that Cool Water, which, though pleasant, is insipid and overused. Good Life is warm, friendly, and welcoming. I especially love that figgy note.

azuriiita
azuriiita

This one smell very fine... the best i smelled of Davidoff.
In my opinion its airy -especially for a oriental vanilla- and notable at same time; attractive, with a confident "aura" :)
I like to smell my wrist when i try it :)
Very suitable for daytime... and work ambient... and could be for some date too :)
Its a balanced scent

carito
carito

It smell wonderfull...i bought it the last christmas for a very dear friend..it smell really rich and sensual

klonk
klonk

This one is very soft, warm and cosy. Not very sweet. It has been a while since I smelled it but came into my way again some days ago. Actually forgot how nice it smells. Don't know why but I smell also soft vanilla in it (as this is not mentioned in the list of fragrance notes!). Something to use when going to bed.....! Lovely!

dolita
dolita

very attractive and warm and it's more suitable for winter days

Natalia78
Natalia78

Very warm and sensual.like a Kashmir cardigan.strong fig note.Number 3 on my favorites list.

vertigo
vertigo

A tribute to sensuality and feminity, a scent of a fulfilled woman.
A scent that brings happiness and real feelings, makes it easy to explore simple pleasures once again.
For a natural and spontaneous woman, who enjoys life, beauty of simplicity and genuineness.
To me, it does smell of good life.
Peace, harmony, clear future.

I love it!

guest_trinigirl
guest_trinigirl

I thoroughly enjoyed this scent,very long lasting.

Good Life by Davidoff 3.86 out of 5 based on 171 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Good Life fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Good Life, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Good Life by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Good Life by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.