Designers » D E » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Hot Water Davidoff for men
dislike

bitter
Hot Water Davidoff for men Pictures Hot Water Davidoff for men Pictures

Davidoff Hot Water arrives as a fiery oriental, masculine fragrance in September 2009 on the market. Top notes feature absynth and red basil, a heart introduces hot accords of pimento and patchouli, while a base encompasses styrax and benzoin. The flacons is very appealing, coloured in dark red.

Wormwood Basil

Paprika Patchouli

Styrax Benzoin

Xeryus Rouge
Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir

Hot Water Fragrance Reviews

dr.murals
dr.murals

The spicy scent that stays longer on your skin gives a great feel even after a tiring day.
This ofcourse smells great on a cold rainy day, but I tried it on a sunny day and found equally fun.

The oreiental spiciness and benzoin and a hint of basil makes it a real hero. . .

rosembloom
rosembloom

Can a woman pull off Hot Water? ohhhya! Perhaps it is my Medeternarean skin that reacts so nicely to this spicy fragrance... or maybe it is just made for me but this baby has won my heart. I am surprised by the negative comments though i do understand how some can be over/Under whelmed with this frag.
When testing Hot Water, it is important to not compare it to
Cool water lest you want to be disillusioned. They smell very dissimilar . Some like it Hot and my skin sure seems to since on me it smells fresh yet balmy and is a great alternative to my usual feminine florals and vanillas. I am entranced with this fume. ( perhaps because my late father wore it and it brings back fond memories?). It has replaced CH in my wardrobe ( Carolina Herrera) which is a spicy and rather sharp scent. This one has added warmth and radiates beautifully on my skin. My nose does not detect any particular note when I wear this: it is more of a empowered feeling I get from it. It gets me going when I have a long day ahead of me and I wear it at home for me myself and I.and we all love it ;).To me it is a scent of nature, of empowerment and comfort. Even though I got many compliments on it I do not wear it out of my home since it is quite potent and more of a therapeutic aid than simply a pleasant scent. I am enjoying my 100ml which I got for next to nothing but would not repurchase. I guess its a 'kick' for now! This here kitty is not affraid of Hot Water! :)

lou6
lou6

Applied one spray on the neck and on the wirst. Smell great. this is an evening cologne only

wbissar
wbissar

There is something terribly wrong with this frag. I tested on my skin when buying it, thought it was lovely. but one hour after that I could smell nothing and smell like nothing. Maybe its just me...

headofstate
headofstate

An underrated budget fragrance that isn't sexy, beautiful or even all that appealing as a fragrance per se, but emits a strong spicy masculinity that is somewhat fresh, somewhat oriental, somewhat balmy and herbal topped with a hot Mexican cayenne feel. It reminds me of a trip to southern Arizona or northern Mexico in the late winter when the cacti are blooming and a fruity, musky, woodsy floral feel fills the air. JohnnyJazz and Wutanga13 summarize it best down below, but don't give too much credence to the negative reviews here about longevity and projection. Hot Water is a solid performer, longevity for me is extremely good and projection is heavy at first trailing into moderate after a few hours. This is a minimalist version of Givenchy's Xeryus Rouge that isn't anywhere near as sophisticated as its influence but easier to wear and a bit more versatile beyond just winter. Not a scent that will get you noticed by women, but it's a great casual and outdoors scent that exudes a sense of raw masculinity. If you like a fresher spicy vibe, this is one worth blind buying.

alishameel
alishameel

This is waste of money I recommend everyone not to buy this product cool water is much better than this. Longevity 15min it will vanish u can't recognise after 15mins it smells cheap barber shop and no projection at all

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

This is a great oriental spicy alternative for those that may not like the geranium and cactus dominance in Givenchy's Xeryus Rouge. Instead, what you get in Davidoff Hot Water is the same pepper heavy, herbal, spicy masculine powerhouse in Xeryus Rouge but without any floral embellishment; allowing the basil, patchouli and wormwood to standout under the pepper and balance it into more of a minimalist scent. Longevity is extremely good on this, 8-10 hours,(I've gotten as much as 14) is quite standard for me after several wears and moderate to high projection without any real let up until deep into the dry-down. This one is a real performer and you can expect 2-3 sprays to last all day or all night. The scent itself is not gorgeous or particularly sensual and won't be considered that appealing by most, but its very masculine and warming in late fall and the heart of winter and seems to really steam off the skin and present a rather aggressive first-impression. If you love spice and herbs but without a lot of frills, this is a great one to look into. Its price point is quite low considering just how effective it performs and it's often readily available at discounters. Don't ever consider paying MSRP. A better value than Xeryus Rouge, all things considered. Overall 7.75

Sam37
Sam37

dissapointing perfume from Davidoff, it should be
dicontinued, has negative effect on the legends name
"cool water" .

paulokratos
paulokratos

hey guys, please dont use this one on the wrong way, if you see a tv comercial that shows a man eating one apple and drink coca cola i kwon you will fall in freaky, why? because coca cola was not made to drink while you eat apples!! so, why do you think hot water was made to be used in a dry day or night? i think that is the cause of some people dislike this one (and the fact they spect some feels like cool water), its the opposite, oh please!!! I used this one before and dont liked it so much, very pepper, but i fall in love when i use this in a COLD RAINING DAY(i will try on a cold night), the pepper was wonderful, because the cold it was not so sweet (like some peoples said) and was simple but very rich of hot senses ... some people compliment a little diferent vibe next to me, an hot aura i think. I dont been exactly in the rain like the promo video shows the guy ( and the girl *-*), but it work very well, remember the tv videos of coca cola i mentioned, and think about this on the way of orther fragrances, the noses do a perfum and shows you the intention of the frag, on the bottle, on the name, video promos... try the correct way before you comment... sorry for the poor english

Watt-de
Watt-de

Despite lots of people don't like it and find it chemical, I don't share those reservations. I would hate it if it would be artificial, but it is luckely not (I would not use it otherwise). I think its a wonderful nice n warm oriental fragrance. I bought 3 bottles already. Good longevity n silage. A good friend uses it also and the perfume is, despite his high skin acidity, also good but gets darker sooner and more peppery spiced. At my skin it stays fresh very long. Also its Big brother Cool Water I like much. Thumbs up for also this one!

drsbadri
drsbadri

Please dont buy this perfume.For god sake why did i buy this perfume

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

cheap chili pepper scent that gets into your nostrils penetrating and creating a sinus type sneeze that makes me want to take some allergy medication and shower this nasty scent off. Like pepper spray.

duckdown

Terrible longevity in me, have to really apply it liberally and it still just doesn't seem to stick around long on me at all

georgequeue
georgequeue

Great-smelling and so classy, but longevity is so poor! I don't think it'd be worth buying considering there are better fragrances out there. :(

sranjit
sranjit

unless you are extremely comfortable with the benzoin smell, don't even think of it. that's the most dominant note of this juice, which also forms its base. and that means, after about four hours, all you can smell is benzoin. Longevity is well beyond eight hours.

On the contrary to my catagorization of this fragrance as more suitable to be worn at night, I actually used an entire 60ml bottle in no time... as my gym bag cologne.
Maybe it's because it's powerful and cuts through the chlorine smell that still lingres even after showering?
Anyway...
It's warm, spicy, oriental, super sexy and I love this...total departure from cool water which you would expect and much nicer in my opinion.
Massive projection, never overpowering great stuff.

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

Heavy, warm, masculine, spicy, syrupy-sweet scent after dry down. Projects strongly for an EDT & lasts several hours on me. I prefer this for a night time scent.

A good scent for a decent price. I don't have anything else in mind to compare Hot Water to. It's the complete opposite to Cool Water.

This fragrance is embarrassingly cloying if over applied, so apply Hot Water lightly-especially in warm weather.
I give Hot Water 6/10.

kevuken
kevuken

No one ever mentioned about sandalwood. In my place, from childhood people are used to the sandal paste. It smells to me exactly sandal and that too little powerfull yet pleasent. This is my first use and it's been almost 2hours of application. Will update later.
Update:- It was really a pleasent experience. It was strong enough for everyone to notice. The projection lasted for 4hrs at nearly 35+degrees celcius temperature. Even after 8hrs the smell is strong but with less sillage. It is definetly opposite to coolwater, but it is also a classic one. I love the coolwater, and now I love the hotwater too. But after 8hrs, I felt lack of depth in smell, and still I love it - love at first smell.

jimeye
jimeye

I'm not a scent expert and often buy blind, based on reviews on this and other sites.
This is just 'OK' in my opinion. Initialy this is more of a 'fresh' scent for me with spicy undertones as it dries down which is pleasant enough. Not a favourite of mine but will do for everyday use until it runs out although I wouldn't buy it again. This decision is based on the longevity and silage which isn't great in my opinion. As a man, I don't carry a handbag and my pockets aren't big enough to carry this around in order to reapply during he day as is required with this.

LookOut
LookOut

I use Cool Water, but I tried Hot Water recently and I love it more than Cool Water. Especially when it dries down on my skin. The morning after I could still smell it on my wrist, and I just couldn't resist sniffing it throughout the day. Warm spicy is exactly how I would describe it!

Now looking at other reviews, you can clearly tell that it doesn't necessarily mean you'll like this if you're a fan of Cool Water. So definitely try it out before blind buying (but to be honest, I never blind buy anyways).

ph4tk0nt0ll3r
ph4tk0nt0ll3r

this stuff is putrid. If you are a fan of cool water like i am, you will hate this one. Don't bother. This is a total flop from davidoff compared to cool water

Gordoso55
Gordoso55

I'am going to blind buy this today. If it is equal in quality to cool water then it has to be a good frag

Murk123
Murk123

I was in boots when I tried a tester and man I was attracted to it immediately. This is a cant go wrong fragrance for me and I reckon its perfect for going out at night or evening it has a strong scent but also soft in its own ways. I got about 3-5 hours with 3 sprays. It is definitely the opposite of Cool Water. I got a 60ml(2 FL OZ) for about £19 online. I cant say it smells like something ive smelt before but try a tester and im sure you would like it. I will be getting another bottle when mine is finished.

jmlab
jmlab

Una de las ventajas de Hot Water es la relación precio-calidad. Por su bajo valor uno esperaría una fragancia más típica, sin embargo, la agradable combinación oriental y la nota de pimiento que predomina al cabo de unos minutos, la hacen una fragancia singular y de buena calidad.
Su fijación es pobre. Recomendable para cualquier encuentro con amigos por la tarde.

nurigs
nurigs

Nice smell, deserves much better rating in my opinion

jtappenden
jtappenden

A very civilized fragrance.Top quality.

Lushylori
Lushylori

This is a nice mens fragrance if you like to keep things simple and smell good.
It doesn't seem to contain a lot of depth but it smells nice.
I like the subtle smell of Basil in this one because its a note that I'm not familiar with in fragrances but it works in this scent.
This isn't as spicy as i originally thought it would be considering the name is "Hot Water" but i still enjoy it though.
I think that Davidoff could have stayed more true to the theme of Hot water if there was more heat and less Benzoin making this smell sweet but all around its a good scent for younger guys and men in an older age bracket.
The bottle matches the name more than the scent does.
This doesn't have very long staying power on my skin but has held up fairly well on my clothes.
It seems to have dried down to a clean mens soap smell.
This would make a perfect scent for a young man just starting out with fragrances IMO
I bought my bottle for $20.00 :)

ahmadnademi
ahmadnademi

با احترام به نظر دوستان،من شخصا بوش رو خیلی دوس دارم و لذت میبرم،جنس مخالف دوسش داره و تا الان کسی از دوستانم ابراز نا رضایتی نداشته،به نظر من در تمام فصول میشه ازش استفاده کرد،البته در مناطق گرمسیر ،تابستان رو توصیه نمیکنم.

crazykoffee
crazykoffee

As much as I enjoyed Cool Water by Davidoff, I totally despise Hot Water. In fact, this is the second worst men's fragrance I have disliked. I found it too sweet and pungent. It smelled like cinnamon hearts or hot tamale candies. It also smells like those sweet 'n fruity, flavored, personal warming lubricants you buy in sex toy shops! I bought this as a blind buy assuming that it was worthy of being Cool Water's equal. After purchasing a bottle, I wore it to a dinner party. I just needed to spray it once. I was immediately overpowered by it's synthetic and chemical nature. It was so disgustingly cloying and heavy the entire evening, I laundered my clothes and took a shower before going to bed. The next morning, I gave it to my neighbor. A few days later, I received feedback (via the party host) from two guests; one female and one male, who (quote) "felt stifled" and "wanted to puke" by this scent. Verdict: Too cinnamon candy-like, spicy, sweet and annoying. Also reminds me of whiffs of benzene which I'd gag from in chemistry class from yesteryear. YUCK.

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

First whiff, lots of spice! after an hour or so it's sweet and warm! its definitely what i'd call a oriental spicy. Its nothing like cool water and the name suits it perfectly, its completely the opposite! Although vanilla, musk, tabacco, etc are not listed it does smell very masculine. whatever scents they mixed to concoct hot water, seemes to give the warmth and masculinity you'd want from an oriental spice. it smells sexy and exotic and very manly. it doesnt have a huge sillage but if your a sexy man...shouldnt need it right? a woman should smell your scent when she gets close to you, or when you lean over to whisper in her ear... =D it gives her a tease/forward of what her beds going to smell like after sex! if you want something for the ladies, afforadable, attractive bottle, warm and spicy... then this is perfect!

tip: use moisturizer/lotion with this and it will last!

kenney77
kenney77

Loooooove it

Kreeith12
Kreeith12

Well I'm more in to the classy scents but Davidoff Hot Water is more of a sporty scent but i still like it. I think that it is very nice and i can smell the paprika. I like it so far and i think if you like Davidoff, this is a good one. Well ya...have a good day. :)

Migalex
Migalex

This is hot indeed. I thought it was pepper, but it is pimento. Smells very spicy and interesting, although a bit too common. The good thing to my taste is that it is not woody and does not actually smell os woods, unlike woody spicy scents. I do find this one much more interesting. It is spicy hotter. Stayng power is quite good.

David Gee Hin Kong
David Gee Hin Kong

A simple and warm fragrance, just nice to use for daily wear. Not too strong and the smell is just perfect

djinndc
djinndc

This one has a medium sweet and average spicy pepper scent to it, somewhat candy-ish as well. I also detect a slight citrus/lemon note too? I seem to a get a synthetic vibe from the opening notes and even after an hour's duration.

I got decent longevity from it, 4+ hours. The projection was just average. Again, it's decent peppery semi-sweet candy spice (not cinnamon). Possibly use are for easy going casual daily wear, or doing errands, and maybe to the beach. If you love Hot Tamales candies, you'll love this. This scent just isn't for me unfortunately. I tried Hot Water many times, and couldn't dig it's vibe.

Rating: 3.5/10

damoon.roozbeh
damoon.roozbeh

Nice smell, hot, spicy. Prefect for night. But longevity is really poor.

duckdown

I think it's pretty bad.

Smells nice when you spray it, but lasts for all of 10 minutes on my body personally.. Poor if not horrible longevity.

Would not buy again.

Mainstream.
Pass.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Very good frag,sweet,sexy,discrete.i love that one and i hate cool water
Th only bad is that it kinda smells common an mainstream
Overall score 7/10

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

i like both hot water and cool water, very decent perfumes

jenhan
jenhan

smell really spicy, and perfect for cold weather, moderate projection but good longevity

Gwapito
Gwapito

I think i smell a lighter version of 1Million by Paco Rabanne in the middle note of this cologne.

mashur
mashur

My wife liked the sample smell of this fragrance at the shop, so i bought it. I used it today, and I must say it smelled really good on me. It is a spicy fragrance, and it lasted more than 8 hours on me. I think its best to use on cool/cold days, when its raining or in winter or at night. Not when its hot outside, or for hot sunny days. Its a masculine fragrance and i love it! :D

mhm1985
mhm1985

don't ever never make my mistake,by purchasing any, really any perfume depending on the initial impression of it. That what happened to me one day,I went to the store to buy a perfume for nights out, I sampled three : Dolce & Gabbana the one, Twin by Azzaro,and unfortunately;this one, really I was impressed by Hot Water, the other two was very good especially D&G, but finally I decided to pick the Hot Water ( I already owned the Cool Water, and I said to my self:What a marvelous collection if I had Cool and Hot at the same wardrobe).

I returned to home, and I sniff it again, nothing change,I'm still impressed. Next night, I put that on me and went out with friends, after less than 10 min of application,the smell turned in a disgusting scent that I cannot stand it , pepper and paprika, reminded me of the smell of Lays chips bag when you open it, thanks God the projection is not loud, and doesn't remain for more than half hour in best case

Unusual for my perfumes, the bottle has been stored in my wardrobe since 2 years ago,neither I can use it,nor I can give it for anyone as a gift

Projection:3/10
Longevity:6/10

khalid.hashim mohammad
khalid.hashim mohammad

fragrance is similar to xeryus rouge with a price below, a great perfume for nights and my skin very well fixed.

yacoco
yacoco

nothing unique nice
7.5/10

micrtin
micrtin

I find it resembles Azzaro Elixir. Almost the same, anyone else thinks also?

sanel
sanel

Citric in the beginning, but very flowery and sweet after it drys. Not really my thing, but my gf likes it on me.

sabuecw
sabuecw

This is an amazing fragrance and way better than the overrated Cool Water. It has a candy kind of smell but with a lot of spicyness. I wish I had it, but it was sold out at the store I went to.
9.5/10

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Hot Water is an excellent fragrance and is very fun to wear. I enjoy the combination of spicy and sweet. This is an underrated scent in my opinion.

v1lko
v1lko

When I was at the store I like it a lot. It opened to me in a light sexy scent, so I bought it. But when I came home and sprayed my body with Davidoff Hot Water I instantly hate it!

scribs
scribs

i just got this today for my birthday and let me say that it is actually pretty good for some reason i get some sort of lemon opening off the top even though it isnt in the notes but the fragrance itself is very enjoyable it is spicy that goes without saying but in a wearable and pleasant manner, i would recommend it , he longevity is average and the projection is good its kind of an everyday frag if u dont live in super hot climate

cyber861
cyber861

کاره بدی نیست.موندگاری نسبتا خوبی داره.
اگه بشه معادله خنک رو در نظر گرفت به نظرم ck man نزدیکترینه بهش.البته تو یه نته خاص

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A complete contradiction. Subtle or Weak? Hot or Luke Warm? Good or Bad? At least one thing is certain, this is a clone of Joop Jump..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-5 Mins – Damp squib....or is it? I was expecting a huge scent which blew my nose of but instead this is the opposite - This is a marketing v product disaster. The name Hot Water is great and the bottle compliments the name, but the scent comes out nothing like that. It is only when you smell close to the skin that you get a strong spicy masculine scent which is ages 28-43, yet what projects is so subtle, perhaps tame, and much younger, ages 18-35, but I think for me the projection bit is excellent!

5 mins – 2 hours – Projection around 1.5 feet but very intermittent after 30 mins, though I think many will like how subtle it is, as when it does project, it is kinda cool and you know about it, and it is young alluring.. it’s that type of scent which you get a whiff of and your head turns and then not again for 20 minutes. This is 90% the same as Joop Jump but this Davidoff has better notes and hits the vanilla better. The scent which projects is perhaps Hot Water i.e. stepped out the hot shower feel, after using shower gel and it is sporty. I wear this when feeling crook and want something laid back. You do need to over apply this, perhaps double the dosage, but any more gets cloying and sickening...

2 hours – 6 hours. Close to skin, no projection

Marketing Calamity - not Hot Water, more like “Cool Breeze” Bring out a summer edition re-named and in tepid white and repair the damage of marketing to the wrong audience

My blind buy bottle won’t last very long, but I will enjoy it while I can, though I won’t re-purchase

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

absynth and red basil, a very unusual combo, but intriguing and delicious as an opening. accords of pimento and patchouli, hot hot hot! smoky and spicy, very masculin touch of rawness, while the base floats smoothly around you with styrax and benzoin, warm and tender, a great mix and soooo sexy, love it on my hubby!!! thumbs up! longlasting as well and great sillage! finally something really surprising and new on the market!

smokva
smokva

It is synthetic and smells cheap. I shouldn't like it but for some reason I absolutely love it. I enjoy every part of it, opening, base notes, longevity...
It became one of my favorites and I end up using it the regular.

I agree with blackeyedhippie: the spicyness is interesting, but the sweetness doesn't fit to a male scent.

blahblahblah
blahblahblah

the most ridiculous scent i've ever smelled in my entire life... davidoff fragrances are so fucked up right now..they're used by , pratically, everyone so if you wear one you won't stand out and you'll be just like every sucker who uses davidoff...

blackeyedhippy
blackeyedhippy

I really liked the spicy side of it but it had an odd sweetness to it which I personally found a little out of place. I generally liked it overall, but I wouldn't buy it again

Stephan_angelene
Stephan_angelene

I just recently bought this perfume and it is very nice, a warm scent that can be appreciated by everyone. i don't know why they call it "hot" water, its nothing spicy just a warm, sweet scent... i was choosing between this and jpg le male terrible. I found terrible too strong for office work so i chose this one. ladies love it. =)

soned
soned

It's a semi-spicy, semi-sweet, warm fragrance that projects pretty good and last for a long time, gives you compliments, and you can get it for a very cheap price. What is there not to like?

PK22
PK22

Occasion: Best in fall and winter, night time mainly but in winter possibly during the day, casual and formal.

Projection: 8/10
Uniqueness: 8/10
Versatility: 5/10
OVERALL: 34/50

Vixie
Vixie

This one lives up to its name, and well-balanced. The patchouli comes through very elegantly and does not detract from the woodiness that lingers appreciably, at the same time reminiscent of oriental fragrances, though not as heady.

It is a scent that reminds me of trekking through ancient rainforest with some snow-capped mountains in the distance, a fresh waterfall nearby, and a quiet lust for enjoying life.

btw - it is a good scent for a man, but I do not find it "masculine" as such - in fact, I'm wearing it now!

scentualMan
scentualMan

This is definitely an oriental, spicy fragrance, much in the same vein as Joop! Homme (much less sweet and cloying), Body Kouros, and maybe even 1 Million. So what makes this different from the others?

Well, the top notes are quite appealing with the basil adding an subtle freshness. I don't see fruit notes listed, but there is a bright juiciness to the top notes that is quite nice. This I'll attribute to the absinthe, which is based on anise. As the fragrance dries down, it becomes sweeter and more thick, hence the references to Joop Homme though they smell nothing alike. Lastly, I notice the oriental base of benzoin, which can smell oily and industrial, like the base in Body Kouros. I guess this makes for a masculine finish.

If you think you need a fragrance in this genre, check it out since its quite good. Its a pleasant evening scent which can be worn in any season. Also, it can be worn subtle by light application or loud with heavier application. Longevity appears to be standard.

mikehawk
mikehawk

A smell of dominance if your wearing this into a room people smell you and say that guy is here with a purpose.

Crowzah
Crowzah

I'm quite new to collecting fragrances, and this really caught my eye. It smells masculine and spicy. I like this.

jim
jim

Its herbal spicy warm fragrance!
Ideal 4 evening n night (summer)!Winter (Any time)
Never use this in summer daytime if ur living in India , probably some ppl might faint!
PROS-Longevity 8+hrs on skin,Projection,Silage
CONS-Cloying,Overpowering,Potent

Just spray 2times on ur chest and ur done! (Less is better with this 1)
Final rating 7/10

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I ended up getting this for £6 on ebay and having never smelt it i was fearing the worst. The next day i went in to town and gave this a spray with baited breath and was pleasantly surprised. It does remind me slightly of La nuit de homme at the start but i love that. The difference is in the way the spice come across. In Hot water the spices are very dry and warm and when i smelt the paprika note in Hot water it reminded of the conial spice towers you find in Marrakech.
Ok, so it is very synthetic and the quality is not fantastic but it lasts for ages.This makes an easy going night scent that will no doubt garner compliments.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

To me it smelt just like Diesel Fuel for life. Not as harsh and sickly, but the composition itself smells just like it and, As a result, makes me feel a bit off.

ausamamira
ausamamira

not bad, but nothing special at all! and nothing related to water too ..... all i get is a sort of powdery-sweet and little spicy smell. i would like it as a gift but definitly wont buy it.

kkmathews
kkmathews

Strong opening notes and extremely good silage... lasts the whole day... and after an hour the fragrance just remains... deep woody flavour... could have named it better than hot water though.. definetely going to refil once my first pack is over.. warm and woody... (is there a touch of sandal wood??)

behzad1280
behzad1280

It reminds me “Desire for a Men Alfred Dunhill” somehow!
Very sharp at first, but deep and warm, later.
It suppose to be opposite of “Cool Water”, and it is, but not in right way!
I don’t know why, but it doesn’t makes me feel good.

آدم رو یاد عطر دیزایر دانهیل میندازه
اولش خیلی تنده اما به مرور بهتر میشه
بوی کمی مصنوعی ای داره
قرار بوده این دقیقاً نقطه مخالف کول واتر باشه، .. هست اما نه به طرز خوب و قشنگی

noddoc
noddoc

a very sexy fragrance. I love it

Valentino
Valentino

OK, the name and red bottle I have found to be totally misleading but the scent is very good. Ideally this juice should be orange in colour, and calling it something as simple as 'Hot Water' does it no favours as it is a fairly complex frag.

This opens very sweet with absynth hence the (mistaken) comparisons to Joop!. I wonder how many fools pass up this great scent because they only sniff the top notes then chuck the test strip in the bin!

The next stage in the development is a fresh scent. Yes, just fresh! Though not listed there may be some lemon/bergamot type notes in effect at this point. It does smell a bit middle of the road and generic but only for a short time.

After around half an hour the warmth appears. It never gets hot but there is a spicy intrigue from the basil blending into the pimento and patchouli. I also get a light touch of tobacco as in Cool Water and I occasionally get the CW lavender vibe, especially in the presence of sweeter women's frags.

The base trails into a sort of spicy will-o'-the-wisp, and whilst I would prefer something more robust, it does invite intimacy so it's not a total let down!

Overall, this is a serious contender for daywear. I don't think it is powerful enough for nights out, although fine for nights in. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Danas
Danas

I testest it. It was similar to Hugo Boss In Motion for me :P Maybe will buy someday, but now in my list is some other fragrance from Davidoff and Kenzo.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I donot know why but i run away from this, though it will get you a lot of compliments, my friend is wearing this since a year and he gets a lot of compliments infront of me..I only admire its longevity, which is 9hrs plus.
My hating reason? may be to much red spicy or over powering red...

marioslg
marioslg

Sweet, spicy, worm, this is the fragrance. Masculine, last for 6-8 hours.

Rich28
Rich28

Maybe it's my nose but this smells very spicy to me so I think I see why Davidoff named this one hot water. However, it's more like a spicy, tropical, south of the border, sunset hot which really isn't hot but rather warm.

I smell the paprika in the beginning, but the dry down smells similar to the original cool water and I think it's because I detect the smell of tobacco even though it's not mentioned as one of the notes here.

Overall I like it, just bought a bottle and I can smell it on my wrist after applying a couple of hours ago. It's mature masculine and versatile suiting both casual and formal occasions.

ryguy17
ryguy17

great opening.. little bit of spice.. little bit sweet... i find the drydown very similar to armani code.. spray armani code on one arm, and cool water on the other...m, and smell them both an hour later.. youll see what i mean... i like hot water.. good stuff,

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

I don't agree that it has any similarity with "Joop", but I find something of "Pi Neo" on the top notes. Although it seems to lose it's initial "bright" it's a very long lasting fragance. I smell it on my clothes many hours since applied.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Hot Water is fresh, spicy and jubilant….
Alive at one with the elements, energy
coursing, instincts fully tuned and ready for action, ready for anything.

bwcw81
bwcw81

It's bold, simple and red to show the passion drills deep in a man! The scent start straight with heavy basil and spices scent! It give you instant feeling of warm, intense heat! Minutes later, it change to a slightly warmer scent with chili and patchouli scents, the scent keep you burning for about 4 hours! Dry down is mild woodsy notes.

It does not have any sweetness or extreme spicy in it, in stead aromatic and warm enough to make it a perfect blend of warm feeling fragrance! Very good on longevity and sillage, 5 hour plus on me, perfect for fall/winter! I would say it is suitable for any man with any age that dare to carry it. I will give this one 8.5/10.

Well, Davidoff is pretty smart, with Cool Water for summer, Hot Water for winter and Adventure or Silver Shadow Private for spring & autumn! You can now own every Davidoff for every season!

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Reminds me of Rochas Man

urobian

i dont understand the relation to JOop, in this davidoff you can identify other kind of transitions and directions.

Aromatic, versatile, comfortable, manly, the ambar touch is very luminous and directional. The contrast between the fresh-herbal notes and the spicy-powdery tunes make it very intimate and atractive in presence.

guest_Mr. Cheers!
guest_Mr. Cheers!

Well I meet my wife using the Joop Homme, however with the time I changed and tasted some other fragances and now, after al this time my wife bought me the Davidoff Hot Water wich reminds me the Joop Homme that she really likes and also do I. I think its really cool! And for me it last long comparing to the Davidoff Cool Water!

lovescully
lovescully

Davidoff Hot Water is a pleasant but very generic fragrance. It reminds me of so many other established fragrances (especially Dunhill Red & 360 Degrees Red) that it's hard to take seriously as a "new" offering.

Not really a 'Hot' scent, more like a sweet, semi-spicy, mildly warm fragrance. It's actually so soft that I think it borders on being quite feminine. It's probably best saved only for casual use.

Although I'm not a huge fan of 'Cool or Hot Water', 'Zino' by Davidoff is one of my all time top favourite fragrances. This, in comparison, is quite a bit dissapointing.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Davidoff Hot Water starts off very fresh and minty thanks to basil, I suppose. The scent is quite pleasant but it is not phenomenal like Cool Water either.

The word "Hot" in this particular Davidoff is a hint of spice and the sweet and alluring drydown, IMHO.

I don't know about other reviewers, but Hot Water reminds me of Diesel-only the brave of its sweetness (I guess it is benzoin as it is common in both of these two fragrances.)

Cheers,

Stefan
Stefan

I think it's a blend of McGraw,Rochas for man by Paco, Curve Connect, and Axe VICE . It's just as sweet, and maybe some will like that. Give me a ballon if you think I nailed it....

guest_Drizzy
guest_Drizzy

I caved in and ordered this stuff out of pure anticipation. The advertising with the fragrance notes combined with the unreal popularity of Cool Water made me crazy and I blindly ordered it (I don't think it is released in the US yet, at least nowhere near Dallas). I got it yesterday and sprayed it, hoping for something sexy, still light, but seductive as well. Much to my dismay, this stuff smells almost EXACTLY like L'homme by YSL, only with JOOP! cloying thickness (smells nothing like Joop!, just the thick aroma it has). I'm not really liking it and I wish I would have saved my money but oh well. Hot Water is the last thing I would have named this cologne, more like Lukewarm Sugar Syrup.

guest_ryguy
guest_ryguy

i bought this stuff and really like it.. its masculine, yet elegant at the same time.. i like tis more then cool water. not sure what the big fuss is over cool water.. to me it just smells like pickles... hot water is way better in my opinion..

kisherceg

Maybe you're right periquito89 :-)
I used Joop! Homme and Jump so long ago..and I wasn't a big fan of Joop perfumes (excluding What about Adam and Rococo which were really special scents,and much-much better than new editions). I expected from Davidoff Hot Water somewhat revolutionary new..and it is not that. But the bottle is really hot :-)

periquito89
periquito89

It is a comfortable scent, mild, somewhat pleasant. I can't say it is fresh nor hot. Nothing original here. The aromatic experience remembers me Joop! Jump, which, by the way, is a little stronger and sweet. If you already have Joop! Jump, you may get disappointed whith Hot Water. Or, you may prefer Hot Water if you have something against Jump.

To kisherceg: do you know Jump? To me Hot Water is closest to Jump, not Homme!

kisherceg

I've got it as a present.
And I expected something brand new, something exciting after Cool Water..
And when I first tried, it's a big suprise 'cause it was very-very familiar..
Hot Water smells on me exactly like Joop! Homme (the original purple from the '90s) :o
I know, the notes are different but the final effect is the same (on my skin).
Has anybody else noticed this similarity?
So,it's a good fragrance but nothing new, Joop! has been done it in 1989 already.

bronstein
bronstein

I tested it, and then I wore it, and what a nice surprise it was! Unintrusive, elegant, sweet but light... Something for the future.

By the way: With the new decade starting, perhaps Davidoff also try to tell us something by naming their new fragrance "Hot Water", whereas the predecessor more than 20 years ago was called "Cool Water". Perhaps the times are changing, and everything "cool" will look oh-so-dated, things are getting, well, "hot" again! Would be a good thing...

guest_Dan
guest_Dan

Slightly dissapointing. I like it but it doesn't last long compared to Cool Water unless you put loads on.

truthway
truthway

not hot at all !!!
it's just a little bit hot when u compare it with davidoff cool water..
so don't blame davidoff for this name..it's just a new version of coolwater ;)

Not bad, not bad at all. Although Cool Water still reigns supreme in my eyes, Hot Water is a nice follow-up.

I get spicy, but not a strong, bold spiciness. I'd say it's a subtle hint of spice more than anything else. Warm and inviting are two words that suit this fragrance well.

Honestly I don't think this fragrance will send many women into a spin however it will certainly smell seductive on a man.

The lasting strength is not great, which is a pity. I must say that I was hoping for more depth to this fragrance. I wanted wild and sexy rather than romantic. Even so, I do still enjoy this fragrance and have no doubt in my mind that it will sell well, partly because of Cool Water's affiliation with it.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

A super mens fragrance!Ilove it,hot and spicy but at the same time fresh!An ideal male scent.

urobian

For givenchy pi " neo" fans this will be followed. I could identify some transitions from a cold fruity smell in line to soft spicy wall to a powdery-dusty/woody angle.. simply a nice versatile and comfortable aura, at end is manly and magnetic.. but i think could be more than a " simply"..

Sillage and longevity at best...

guest_Nasiru
guest_Nasiru

Compared to cool water its really hot. I like its nice

nezzabel
nezzabel

I like Hot Water!
Yesterday, when I bought Pink Sugar the saleslady offered me a sample of this... I gave it to my 22 year old brother who really liked it (he is wearing the sample today... for a date!).
This perfume is really nice, spicy and hot but not in a heavy way, and deffinetely not overpowering.
But I think I understand the hot part... it's spicy and intense but not in a invasive way. And it's a "water" so it can't be that strong, but the lasting power is average for a edt.
From my point of view this fragrance has the same vibe that Hugo Boss fragrances have... is aimed at young, sporty kind of men who like to feel confortable and sexy wearing a fragrance... and this do the trick!

I have just bought this one and used it Saturday evening....Yes its nice, starts off fairly strong but not overpowering, then it fades away with just a hint left.... Uuuuumm I wonder why?.... Im a Vera Wang & Marc Jacobs wearer as the norm but I was drawen to this one and I'm not disappointed but thought it just needed a mention.

da_markos
da_markos

just tested it on blotter in perfume shop. actually i thought that it will be much stronger. it's rather safe scent; pleasant, warm but definitely not "hot".
we have here reference to cult brand "cool water" but in my opinion there is now way that this one becomes so popular.

wingsoffires
wingsoffires

Possibly the most awaited launch ever. No other fragrance is possibly more popular than cool water. With the name Hot water davidoff are trying to replicate the success. This almost sounds like a sequel of a James Bond Movie. Name is enough. Whether anyone likes cool water or not everyone who loves perfumes has heard the name. One of the most exciting launches ever. Though I dont think this is going to be nearly as good as the original.

Hot Water by Davidoff 3.66 out of 5 based on 458 ratings and 104 user reviews

HOT WATER for MEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.7 OZ
HOT WATER for MEN by Davidoff EDT SPRAY 3.7 OZ
Davidoff Hot Water Eau De Toilette Spray 110ml 3.7oz
Davidoff Hot Water Eau De Toilette Spray 110ml 3.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Hot Water fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Hot Water, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hot Water by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hot Water by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.