Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Relax Davidoff for men
dislike

leather
Relax Davidoff for men Pictures

Relax by Davidoff is a Oriental fragrance for men. Relax was launched in 1990. Top notes are mint, lavender, tarragon, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are bay leaf, patchouli, jasmine, vetiver, heliotrope, anise, cedar and geranium; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, benzoin, oakmoss and vanilla.

Mint Lavender Tarragon Bergamot Lemon

Bay Leaf Patchouli Jasmine Vetiver Heliotrope Anise Cedar Geranium

Leather Tonka Bean Amber Benzoin Oakmoss Vanilla

Between Sheets

Relax Fragrance Reviews

usas
usas

Wow, I had some high expectations of Relax.
I almost did a blind buy, glad I bought a sample first.

Relax starts out nice, like a controlled powerhouse from the 80's. Green, soft, herbal even.
The drydown gets cloyingly sweet and the herbal element takes the upperhand. My girlfriend said it reminded her of children's make up articles. I also think of a make up purse or something. A little bit rubbery and sweet.

Anyhow, I wouldn't want to smell like this.

6,5/10

Castor
Castor

I would not miss it that much if I would not have it: it is an oriental of the kind easily found today, maybe with a minty accord through the journey. Take Lanvin's Arpege pour Homme, Bogart's pour Homme or even Zara Night II and you get a fairly close one to Relax' proposal. Mind you, the ones mentioned are not exactly the same, but do they share more than a family air (I would say they are brothers).

I guess it would be the right choice for those nostalgics as to its meaning - for instance, the ones who would be interested in Relax because "this reminds me of the time I...".

I can get this as a sound reason for thinking the new rendition is FBW; as for the rest of the ones interested in it, don't fall into the hype, it is not worth the trouble.

murysusanto
murysusanto

This relax now available in germany, with the new box and bottle design. But still use the patented shape and color, so i would know it's davidoff. I wish i could get this, unless you have someone travelling to germany or family lived there, perhaps ask them to seek in the shop, as i am doing now.

I loved relax, it was good, the only one of davidoff which has that character. It's quite lasting and yes, it's worth it.

Cheers

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I understand that Relax is still in production and only available at Davidoff stores - I have yet to test that assertion, but it doesn't surprise me, especially in light of the recent bottle redesign. I agree with those who complain that Relax deserves an ad campaign and broader distribution, but resolutely disagree that it's superior to Zino and Cool Water. Its older brothers are groundbreaking, while Relax is just "nice." But there's nothing wrong with that, and it smells really good, a pleasant medley of musky ambers sandwiched between a camphoraceous mint top note, and a smooth vanilla base. This is an oriental that feels more like a classic barbershop fern in the mode of Faberge's Brut. It truly is relaxing, reason enough to sprinkle it on co-workers with an aspergillum when meetings get tense.

Services
Services

the old juice was just amazing but it did take me a little bit of time to understand less application was more for this fragrance.

10000000000000000000000 times better than Coolwater which was always a good one before reformulation!

Bring it back Relax...... as it was..... amazing.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Why was this discontinued?
It was so superior to the detergent-like Cool Water range that seems to be so popular.

khonehsabz
khonehsabz

relax realy a masculine smell for men. but now not available in iran. i love this . amazing

orestes
orestes

Unfortunately discontinued.....

Osama Iftikhar
Osama Iftikhar

Extremely rare, but very desirable, i remember smelling it once at a store not long ago, but didnt purchase it, and i regret that decision even now, my advice? if you spot it? BUY IT!

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

A very synthetic smelling and unique oriental. Starts off with a sort of fresh oriental aroma, and dries down to a very smoky burnt vanilla type of base. I would say the Benzoin is very prevalent in the base as well as the Tonka with some vanilla. I also get a Tobacco type smell in the base, and this is probably why some say there are some similarities with Zino. The similarities end there though. Relax has a minty lavender fresh top with geranium in the mix. I do have to say that throughout the life of this perfume there is something very synthetic and sort of plasticky smelling about the aroma. This is not something that I think I would ever choose to wear, but it held my interest, and is not a boring fragrance by any means. Worth a sniff if that's your thing.

Slayerized
Slayerized

Only one shop here in The Netherlands still sells this amazing fragrance. As a lover of 70's and 80's (powerhouse) fragrances I bought one 75 ml bottle blind after reading all reviews I could find about it.
My research was not in vain cause, as expected, I really love this discontinued fragrance. I do not know how old the bottle is but the scent is still amazing with huge sillage and longevity. Compared to its lovely brother Zino, I get at least 4 hours more longevity!
As it's only available in one (online)store here and for the rest only to be bought in Germany (Douglas), as far as I could see on the net, I bought myself one back-up bottle. The back-up bottle smells exactly the same as the other so, if stored properly it lasts for years imo.
What to say and to add about the scent after some really good reviews here?
First of all I do not see any similarities with Zino at all. Zino is more macho, darker, has that animalic vibe, has way less sillage and longevity compared to Relax and has a vanilla dry down as well but different. The base of Relax is more like creamy/milky vanilla and Zino more sugary. Both are to me sexy smells though, imo, Relax is also to be worn at the office while Zino is more an evening scent.
The mix of notes in Relax are really magnificantlly done! For me the perfect original!, not overpowering nor offensive scent that can be worn almost anytime!
I agree on the remark that if Davidoff would've spent some really serious advertising work on this one, instead of all attention on mainly "Cool Water" they would have had a bestseller, imo. Maybe I am glad they didn't as I know almost noone here has this scent! A missed opportunity for Davidoff though!
5 Thumbs up!

سه گانه کمپانی دیویدوف
ریلکس
زینو
کلو واتر
جزو بهترین های عطرهای مردانه در دنیا هستند روایحی که هیچ مشابه نداشته و بوی آنها بی نظیر و نادر میباشد
ریلکس از شیرینی بسیار شیک و کلاسیکی برخوردار است و شیرینی آن با پورانوم خیلی متفاوت است
همچنان مورد علاقه من است و هنوز هم اگر پیدا نمایم آنرا خریداری خواهم کرد
برای کسانی که با آن آشنا هستند نوستالوژیک میباشد
در آخر دوست داشتنی

etmpewo
etmpewo

I still have 2 bottles left. I'm a woman, but I also LOVE this fragrance. So what the ... I have it, too :-) The shower gel was superb as well. Unfortunately I can't get it anywhere, anymore.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I've only sampled this and haven't come across it again for at least the last 15 years, but I can still remember its distinctive smell instantly and well enough to comment on its smooth, almost medicine-like notes. Much like Zino, I think this is a bold, mature and highly sophisticated scent - and I admit they would have made a quite awesome pair if they had made up someone's wardrobe. I didn't find Relax that relaxing, because of its really strangely penetrating character (at least at the beginning) where the anise, heliotrope, vanilla, and amber really stood out for me - perhaps too shockingly for me which I think is why I didn't buy it at the time. I would buy it now though as I like to think my tastes have matured. I think of it as a Loulou Blue for men crossed with Caron Pour Homme, and needless to say it would make a blindingly good signature fragrance. Impressive, but a highly risky blind buy in my opinion and not an essential addition to one's collection; and certainly not worth the money being asked for it on eBay and the like.

Cylob
Cylob

Fresh, yet warm & deep. A great combination of mints, sweets and woody ingredients. They should have never discontinued this, because I'm sure it would please the younger generation as well.

I came across a shop selling this a few days ago, but I didn't trust it. It's either a very old bottle or a fake. The shopowner didn't have a tester available so I had to pass. Bummer, because this was one of my favorite fragrances from my early twenties.

guest_Rich
guest_Rich

relax davidoff was the best perfume,all the girls were in love with me after smelling it,, was really great.

I WANT MY RELAX AGAIN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

lovescully
lovescully

My very much anticipated and large bottle of Relax EDT just arrived from overseas, so I couldn't wait to try this on.

fqjcior was spot on about the opening; WOW the top notes in Relax are a powerhouse of mint, tarragon and some citrus. It's really very, very strong and almost makes me think I'd made a horrible mistake in paying top dollar for this.

However, shortly after it settles into a sweet, herbal, aromatic, woody & (still a touch) minty scent. At this stage it's very soothing & almost feels to me like some kind of medieval potion created to heal warriors after battle!

This is one heady and substantial fragrance that I think should be used with some degree of care. I sprayed once on each arm and once on the chest and nearly 2 hours later that's still plenty!

This is a very special fragrance that truly is unique, so now that it's practically unavailable I'll be treating my bottle with respect and just a bit of reverance!

Relax is available in Germany again, check www.douglas.de

guest_jadi
guest_jadi

I cant forget the smell of this awesome perfume! too bad that its been discontinued.

Tarya
Tarya

I agree totally with fqjcior about the smell of this fragrance
- I love this fragrance!
My ex boyfriend use this, and I remember still the first time he wore this and how good and sexy he smelld.
I like also the taste of pernod and absinth...and I didn't realise it earlier, but there is a hint of anice in this perfume.

fqjcior
fqjcior

A very rare and hard to find one nowadays. It's because it's been discountinued. And it's a pitty because Relax is great, very rich and full of masculinity fragrance. The color of the fluid and the bottle is blue/green which reminds me of Absinth (an alcoholic beverage). The opening is really BIG! And the top notes are very Absinth-like! Maybe it's beceuse of the mint. When it settles down it becomes very warm, woody and one of a kind. It lasts long and the sillage is enough. Relax is very well made fragrance but I believe the sales were to small. That's way it's been withdrawn from the market. That is not fair. Relax, Nemo, Heaven,... what else ??????

Relax by Davidoff 4.14 out of 5 based on 64 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Relax fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Relax, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Relax by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Relax by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.