Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Silver Shadow Davidoff for men
dislike

Silver Shadow Davidoff for men Videos
Silver Shadow Davidoff for men Pictures Silver Shadow Davidoff for men Pictures

Silver Shadow is an oriental woody fragrance which was presented in 2005. Fresh orange and spicy coriander open the composition, they lead to the mysterious heart combined of hot saffron and patchouli leaves. Warm, pleasant base notes feature sensual amber, benzoin and oakmoss.

Designer of the fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian, while the bottle was designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff. The fragrance in an edt, available in 50 and 100 ml bottle, with additional products for bath, and face&body care.

Virginia Cedar Coriander Bitter Orange

رائحة شرقية منعشه
متوسط الثبات والفوحان

Marciu
Marciu

A great, warm and sexy fragrance indeed. Unique, as it contains saffron. It reminds me of Christmas, don't know why. Maybe because of big dose of cloves and cinnamon. Plus it's cheap.

Unfortunately it stays on my skin approx. 4 hours. That's why I prefer the Pure Blend version.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Warm, smooth, classy and woody. A beautifully and carefully crafted fragrance but it's not a powerhouse - it has moderate sillage and longevity. A very masculine scent, the drydown is close to Laura Biagiotti Per Uomo. Very nice indeed and a real grower.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I blind bought Silver Shadow by Davidoff because of all the great reviews and I am glad I did. It is absolutely elegant and smells very masculine. The benzoin and the orange delight my senses. I wore it to the office this morning and already I have gotten many compliments. A true gem by Davidoff!

curtmaster
curtmaster

I first got this years ago like in 2008 or so and loved it from the first spray, great stuff. It's sweet, gets tons of compliments and lasts.

Joeri
Joeri

Very sweet, very smooth, very good. Direct hit!

Roman86
Roman86

This really is a beautiful scent that is sweet but has a bitter dryness to it which gives it a traditional masculine edge. Don't be afraid to spray this on clothing as it will last longer and project more. Considering you can get a large 100 ml bottle shipped and sold from Amazon for under $30, this is a must for any collection.

ahmedyoussif4000

i wonder .. how any man didn't fall in love with this fragrance!! it is amazing unpopular fragrance .

atiet97
atiet97

If Hugo Boss - Bottled and YSL - La Nuit de'l Homme could mate and have a baby, this would be it! More punch than HB-B, less intriguing than YSL-LNdH.

Such a versatile perfume. All day all time. Nothing could ever go wrong with this. LOVE!

it is the best .
very special ... warm ... its for a man !

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

This fragrance will go down in the fragrance history books as a truly beautiful masculine.

I am buying another bottle just to put in a cool dark place so I won't have to pay 200 bucks for it 10 years from now.

It is one of those fragrances that is too understated to ever become uber-popular. Which inevitably means that it will eventually be reformulated beyond recognition to cut costs or will be discontinued at some point. I just hope it's later rather than sooner.

When I first sniffed this gem I was instantly enamored by the subtle pairing of bitter orange and benzoin to the spicy saffron and coriander. These main notes define the fragrance and give it a softly textured creaminess. The spices that lift the main notes are like warm air - especially the saffron which is not at all heavy and oily but fresh, light, warm and lightly powdery.

The coriander, clove and cinnamon are lightly noticeable but with all that said and considering all the culinary notes this fragrance contains it does not come across as a gourmand. It still smells like a men's fragrance in the traditional sense although it has a contemporary backbone.

This is just a beautifully mixed work of art. It is a complex yet soft fragrance that belies it's affordable price tag.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Very good fragrance, and my first from Davidoff House. I really don't like Cool Water and had not ventured D. before because of that. But now that I've become more and more a benzoin and amber fan it was time to check Silver Shadow, and it does possess all the good qualities so many have talked about. It opens a bit like terre d'Hermes, passes close to La Nuit de l'Homme and then go on to a more mature and recollected scent. It is indeed ideal for the office r for when you just want to smell good without bother to spend time choosing something special for you know Silver shadow will do the job, period. For me it smells timeless, it is not modern or ancient either. I am very happy with it.

manzoor86
manzoor86

for office wear.classy elegant and sophisticated.long live MFK. keep us rocking,although longevity is not that good,i would recommend it for 40+

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Amazing composition, longevity, sexiness and beauty. Highly recommended.

redwan

this is one of the most sexiest and atractive frag, chic and elegent and discret it s not usual scene that you can smell anywhere or on any body it s for some peoples not for every one

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

I see there are quite a few complaints about sillage and longevity. I guess that applies to those (the majority) that only spray a couple of times in the morning and expect it to last the day. Hey guys, there are plenty of fragrances for you out there. They're called sillage monsters.
Upon testing the fragrance, I believe the weak sillage is deliberate. The blend of ingredients here is leaning towards the warm side. With benzoin and amber at the base, there is plenty reason to keep quiet.
If, on the contrary, this was a sillage monster, refinement would be lost and it would be targeted at a much younger crowd. Personally, I wouldn't use this one on its own, but as a base note for a sharper fragrance of my liking.

However, if you really love this fragrance to death, and want to make a statement about your love, take some advice and get yourself an after shave and a small bottle of cologne or edt. Add both in the morning, and bring the small bottle in to work.
Apply more in the rest room during your lunch break, and you'll be sure not to offend anyone with the top note evaporation. Women do this all the time.

End of review for Davidoff Silver Shadow.

The following applies to most fragrances.
In general, LONGEVITY is prolonged if you add a couple of sprays to the clothes. Personally, i prefer to apply when my clothes are on: Plenty to my wrists, dab it behind the ears and on the top of my collar bones (places where my pulse is easily detectable) , and then make sure the fabric gets in contact with my skin before it dries. In this way it stays on all day, and some of the top notes are retained in the fabric.
SILLAGE then, is a question of how and how much. For men, this is easy. As mentioned above, after shave in the morning and a small cologne in your bag.

Good luck

83.pinto
83.pinto

Nice scent! However, no projection whatsover. Very close to the skin. It would have been a great cologne, if it had a good silleage and longevity.

kuba
kuba

it starts out so amazing and sharp but nothing follows thereafter.it would have been a good fragrance if the now here flaws were'nt there to remain.

rockindave
rockindave

The original "old man juice" this one... All you need is an inappropriately unbuttoned shirt, lacquered gold chain and lots of grey chest hair... yuuuuk! reminds me of the creeps who used to hang out at "the hub club"; an over-50's singles dance [affectionately known as "grab a granny"] I used to play at when I was in my 20's.... if anyone likes this they can have mine for the cost of freight ex Brisbane, Australia.

it is the best

fuggerone
fuggerone

a wonderful scent, low on duration but now sadly discontiued was lucky enough fo find the few reamining bottles aroun, nice scent and classy too
8.5/10

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Very Elegant fragrance , older ages, 30s +

unquote
unquote

Not bad, although a of a let down considering whose nose was behind this.

The orange is rather distracting, and drags the harmony the wrong way.

redwan

so sexy,so masculan, fresh, and the most important is so attractiv for women

samirbaruah
samirbaruah

Soothing smell! I always enjoy wearing this perfume to attend any formal gathering. It has a class of its own.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

My first impression:

Oriental behaved and can be used on cold days. Opening citrus half with something sweet and resinous (amber and benzoin?). Over the course of about 5 minutes to start feeling gives the woody notes of cedar. I really liked!

LANIER
LANIER

When ever I hear the two words Silver and Shadow put together I remember that wonderful Rolls Royce in the opening of “The VIPs”. Paul and Francis Andros are riding in the back of a Rolls from where their private helicopter has just touched down on the Heathrow tarmac. It is but a short trip from the helicopter to the sleek and modern main terminal but even this transit is done in high style. The beautiful and slightly hung over Francis is planning to fly off to Bermuda with international slightly shopworn over the hill playboy Marc Champselle leaving Billionaire tycoon husband Paul Andros in the lurch. In the back of the Silver Shadow Paul Andros unaware that his wife is leaving him gives her a parting Bulgari bracelet; it is a trifling little platinum and sapphire nothing bauble really.

Later in the film as he takes his leave of her he whispers:
“I hope the rubies were a success?”

“Rubies?” she says in the most innocent yet biting way. Confronted yet again with the fact that he is too high-powered to have bothered to pick out his parting present for her himself. Somehow it all seems incredibly extravagant, luxe and as if it might have really happened in the real life of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

Silver Shadow by Davidoff is just as extravagant, luxe and rich as anything you might see in that film. Let’s just say it is a bit of a Rolls Royce in a bottle at a Chevy price. It is resplendent in its Orientals, sturdy in its wood accords and beauteous in its presentation.

The flacon is pure top of the line elegance. It is architectural with a rather deco feel and look to it. The substantial cap that clicks like it was sterling is really impressive. The juice within this ravishing bottle is nearly perfect. The bitter orange it what hits you first in the opening but fades almost instantaneously into the cedar and coriander. This lasts maybe a good ten minutes before the heart of the elixir is released. Oriental splendors abound in the heady yet never cloying display of patchouli, saffron and clove. This is what makes it smell so incredibly expensive. The dry down is equally elegant and refined in the notes of Oakmoss, benzoin, cinnamon and an affluent amber that holds and holds. It has a stunning projection and lasts a substantial 6 hours. It is so incredibly warm and comforting like a snug den in a gentleman’s club or the cozy formal comfort of the back seat of a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud.

FIVE PLATIUM AND RUBY…I MEAN SAPPHIRE STARS *****

lister
lister

Bought it a year ago and a bottle is still full.
A very unique scent,a bit sweet,almost like brown sugar on a hot pan,oriental aand woody...I imagine golden autumn leaves and ripe wild orange on a cold but sunny autumn day.Elegant guy in late 30's, in dark suit and tight tie,with nicely groomed wet hair-this is a spark of silver shadow by Davidoff.

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

This is by far the best smelling male perfume I have EVER smelt. It is warm, sensual and sophisticated all at once. I've forced my boyfriend to buy it over and over again as it smells so good.

murysusanto
murysusanto

One and only. No copycat ever comes close to this, especially new brands that has not existed in the market in the 90's.
I always envy Davidoff fragrances and will always have it in me throughout the time.

Masterpiece blend, luxurious. For me 9/10

karthiktas
karthiktas

Davidoff Silver Shadow is great fragrance. The smell is Fabulous. I Love this one. I Get many compliments. It has Luxury Feel. It can be signature scent. The projection is very good for 3 hrs plus, & Longevity is about 4 to 5 hrs then gets close to the skin. Definitely a masterpiece from Davidoff. I JUS LOVE IT. 9/10

sameh
sameh

A very nice edt from Davidoff , in my words better than ( private )as i tried it , i did not like it , in other words it was not WAWO as i expected 2 be , but in this the ( saffron ) is intensive in the drydown & what makes it very good that it can be used in winter & summer as well 2 , i wish Davidoff considor a EDP 4 it !

ABRAG

Continue for a period

Attractive to women

Quicktour79
Quicktour79

A masterpiece from Davidoff, designed for charismatic and self-confident men, very attractive scent...

ericrico
ericrico

Excellent fragrance!! missk and K1 offered great reviews on this. One of Kurkdjian's most unknown creations - and a very nice one! It really is a solid scent from Davidoff. The name makes you think of a stuffy, old Rolls Royce driving grandpa - but this is not at all in that realm! Zino needs to untuck his button-down shirt and hire some new blood for his marketing team. This is a nicely made composition, with bitter orange & warm spices on top with a warm, smooth amber & benzoin forming the base with patchouli - which gives you a nice "oriental woody" (more of a spicy, aromatic woody than truly an oriental in the traditional sense). I love the saffron note in this - it blends perfectly with the cedar, spicy clove, cinnamon and coriander! The transition is nice and the top notes seem to almost drift into the amber, benzoin and woodsy notes (including a touch of oakmoss, which is more of a fixative then a note). Not a show stopper (nor do you want it to be) and the longevity & projection are average - a classy scent. I think the name of this throws everybody off - "Altitude" is nice for the flanker in a name, but Silver Shadow is for the anyone that wants a nice bit of class and still smell sweet and warm. Overall, 7.5+/10. I like it in the cool evenings, but this could be worn year-round and would make a nice office scent. Personally, I like to wear it after a workout and shower when relaxing in the evening. It has a coziness about it and the wife likes it...great allure. Kurkdjian's touch is here - perhaps a lighter scent from him than we are used to, but full of radiant charm.

**Update** - after several full wearings and also occassional sprays on both skin and clothes for notes, I have really grown fond of this, even more. I won't go back over the notes, but the cedar is present in both the top (leaves) and middle (cedarwood) with the saffron. The amber, benzoin and patchouli add great warmth and dimension to this scent, although it is not too long-lived (about 4-5 hours on me with a decent 6-7 shot application, including a couple shots on my clothes...which helps with longevity). I recently also bought both the Hair & Body Wash and After-Shave balm (which, when layered with the fragrance adds a nice touch of depth, more power and even better longevity). Going on just scent (and not longevity) - which is why I like Silver Shadow a lot, I am raising my score to a solid 8+/10. Cheers!

blueberry
blueberry

A pleasant and sweetish woody fragrance with decent projection and medium longevity 4-5 hrs.
Orange, cedar, saffron and benzoin are distinct and very enjoyable altogether, however, the fragrance lacks a WOW factor. It is good for ordinary occassions, but nothing to write home about.
More on the masculine side, but could work as unisex if you really like it.

Belil
Belil

This is the only male perfume I own and wear occasionally. I fell in love with it accidentaly, I had a sample a few years ago and couldn't stop sniffing and used to spay a tiny litle amount on my fingers and plaster them to my nose, till one day my dog chewed the sample vial (it was black plastic). The smell worked so nicely comforting on me and I used to imagine that this is the scent for a perfect man, strong, warm, the one that you can completely count on.
I bought it for myself and wear it, because I have to be that man for myself sometimes, I learned to realy upon on myself only, because there are no perfect men (or women) in this world, and I better chose none than imperfect (disapointing)

tutu1234
tutu1234

Very Unique fragrance for a male perfume, I have smelt this fragrance in some high end women's perfume; however, this is very masculine with Benzoin, Cedar, oak-mos and amber.... I find it very sexy to be worn with a suite/tuxedo or sheer office use, its subtle and aromatic (not at all cloying). The only words I can describe it as are - sophistication and young flyer!!

Very versatile!

Projection is good!!

Longevity is good (apply not like a miser!

Sillage is also good!

midos
midos

cool, charming and sweet.
what i don't like in is : longevity & sillage: average!
if u want to add a nice parfum to ur collections, then u should have this one

oxm
oxm

This perfume has a sweet fragrance, it reminds me of a type of talc many years ago, probably for a man is a little corny but it has a good persistence, it smells even confetti perhaps because he honed as something that does not offend the nose but seduces him, I could not encode the ingredients are well balanced, but ... I want to return to another impression: looks a little bit in Berlin Joop even if Berlin is the most exciting but this is more velvety.
alternative

I bought this when my favorite discount retailer was out of Jesus del Pozo's Quasar, and the mini was only 13 dollars less than the 50 ml. I was curious about this, after reading that it was very similar to the now discontinued wonder Nature Millenaire pour homme from Yves Rocher, and yeah...it'll do, since NMPH is now gone, forever :-(

This is a very warm, spicy resinous fragrance that just warms me and my heart on cold wintry days. It begins with a beautiful bitter orange that has a woody cedar sweetness and the smooth cool herbal air of corriander. Despite the prescence of the bigarade, it is not overly citric, just smooth from the top to the heart. The heart is beautiful, as the slightly spicy floral of saffron pokes through the rich earthy patchouli and makes the raw muskiness seem refined and almost elegant. The finish is sweet, powdery and oriental as the amber and benzoin make it so smooth and sexy, and the oakmoss gives it an overall slightly green feel, without compromising its exotic beauty.

Sillage: good
Longevity: average
Overall: 3.75/5

An excellent offering from the house of Davidoff, and just the thing for those crisp, chilly days when you want to smell nice, but not too spicy or musky. Panache, without the pricetag to match...an excellent buy!

I didn't expect much from Silver Shadow. I thought since it's discontinued in most countries and is becoming harder and harder to find, that it would be nothing special. Well, I was wrong.

Silver Shadow is a delicious interpretation of orange and woods. It's nicely subtle with an addictive drydown of amber and resins.

Silver Shadow is what I envision a ruggedly masculine man to smell like. The scent comes across as being natural and soothing, as well as incredibly sensual. It's like a 'come hither' without the gesture from the man himself.

I have no idea how I happened to stumble upon this fragrance nor why I felt compelled to try it, all I know is that I'm glad that I did.

In regards to longevity, it's certainly not as lasting as some fragrances on the market, however the lasting power is decent, at least in my opinion. It's an intimate scent, romantic in a sense as the fragrance hasn't a strong projection.

I'm not surprised to see Francis Kurkdjian as the man behind this composition. I find him to be a very talented perfumer, one that I greatly admire and respect.

As the fragrance develops, it does have a somewhat powdery edge, however I wouldn't call it feminine, although I don't shy from classifying it in my own terms as a unisex fragrance. I think Silver Shadow is a real head-turner with a lot of admirable qualities.

scentology
scentology

I tested it a couple of years back.. a warm scent that reminded me of Boss Soul. I would've bought it if they hadn't released Private and Altitude...

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

what a lovely scent!i am completely in love with this scent.Silver Shadow is not simple fragrance.it is possible to say classic&elegant with wood note nice.

One of the best DAVIDOFF colognes for me.it is attractive and appealing.also far better than other versions.not very strong but strong enough for the ladies to recognize it!

The longevity is +5 hours on my skin and this is a exception from DAVIDOFF!ideal present for a classic man and i would also recommend this for a special occasion in winter nights.

jazz444
jazz444

I'm in agreement with Luca Turin's review of Silver Shadow. It starts off so nicely with an orangey balsamic accord, but doesn't do much after that. It is a thin fragrance, petering out far more quickly than it should.

Such potential here...

BIG
BIG

This is such a faint/ week scent. It's too tamed and boring. It doesn't even stand out at all. i don't get all the fascination.

Venom
Venom

Not a casual everyday smell. A nice scent, almost like a vanilla at first and the dry down becomes mellow. Save this for winter nights, not recommended for a younger crowd.

queenssess
queenssess

make me feel as: "not young but not that old ı am just as so so as a male. stop judging me ı'm just the one you know but don't me mistaken I have many differences instead"

the contradiction between the known and the innovative one; but mostly conventional men...

mado17
mado17

I love oriental woodies..this one has good longevity and sillage...there are better choices but still it is a very good one. Nicely priced as well.

guest_kaushik
guest_kaushik

i find this and baldessirini ambre somewhat similar bcos of base note. light and woody

bwcw81
bwcw81

This fragrance really gone under rated, it is carefully blended to make it so rich in aroma and yet so mystic. It will make you feel warm and confident whole day long (lasting more than 8 hours on me), it is also perfect for formal dinner and formal wear. I like to wear it to bring out the confident in me to show the world! Perfect fragrance for me!

Update: After passing this wonderful juice to my father, I have found out how great the silage could be! Imagine I can still detect this scent minutes after my dad left his seat! It is mild sweetness and really smell great in the air! Thumbs up!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

i actually enjoyed this scent when it came out.they came out of the box and dared to be different with this one.

Mahmoud_agd
Mahmoud_agd

For me this cologne is an absolute disaster ... everytime I smell it ... I smell something really dry ... it dries my nose with this sharp smell to it ... good lonegtivity though and smells very unique but this is definetly not a cologne i would buy or recommend ... on the other hand my friend loves it ... but people have different tastes ...

ZeeK
ZeeK

A fragrance that is unique so far with great composition of saffron and cedar in presence of benzoin.. sweet and sensual. Silver shadow is about freshness and maturity. Short sillage but longevity is quite good.. 6+ hours. Best for evening wear, can suit both casual and romantic times.

mariesthlm
mariesthlm

My boyfriend(29) had a brain breakdown when his signature scent Marc O´polo man was out of stock and bought this. My first impression was that it smelled like my father..Not a good score.... it has a dusty, stuffy feeling about it. In my nose it smells like a man in hos 50-60´s that´s stuck in time.

acc
acc

very charismatic. a great choice for winter.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

dear guests, this is not the best place to ask for kiku. there is the club forum for that, and it takes a quick and short process of becoming members. :)

2007
promoscanner
promoscanner

Good scent. Fairly light and woody, almost feminine at first, but with time matures to a subtle spicy fragrance. Great for fall and winter.

2007

Silver Shadow by Davidoff 3.88 out of 5 based on 235 ratings and 58 user reviews

Aftershave 2.5oz
Aftershave 3.4oz
Davidoff Silver Shadow After Shave Splash 100ml 3.4oz
Davidoff Silver Shadow After Shave Splash 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Davidoff Silver Shadow Attitude Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Hair Body Shampoo75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
allbeauty.com
29.45 GBP
Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml
Silver Shadow Cologne by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Silver Shadow Cologne by Davidoff, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
SILVER SHADOW for MEN by Davidoff SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 2.5 OZ DEODORANT STICK 2.5 OZ
Davidoff Silver Shadow Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Davidoff Silver Shadow Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
SILVER SHADOW for MEN by Davidoff SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 1.7 OZ HAIR BODY SHAMPOO GEL 1.7 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Silver Shadow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Silver Shadow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Shadow by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Shadow by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.