Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Silver Shadow Private Davidoff for men
dislike

leather
Silver Shadow Private Davidoff for men Pictures

Silver Shadow Private by Davidoff is a Oriental fragrance for men. Silver Shadow Private was launched in 2008. Top notes are lemon, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are lavender and violet; base notes are musk, leather and woody notes.

Lemon Bergamot Cardamom

Lavender Violet

Musk Leather Woody Notes

Dark Men

Silver Shadow Private Fragrance Reviews

dnivra
dnivra

I quite like the way this one smells, but sadly I find that the longevity and sillage is almost non-existent - I can barely smell it on myself within 90 mins after application.

Amsha13
Amsha13

I recommend it to men over 30 with casual clothes in cool summer nights.

ariffau
ariffau

smells nice. garbage longevity.
projection is almost garbage, but can be improved to poor if you go crazy on the sprayer. haha

I don't detect leather though. more like musky lavender

neo009

As I have criticized it for being bad at sillage and longtivity , but I still love it, the scent is so wonderful to my taste and unique , as I do like tobacco and masculine scents .

tarus
tarus

This perfume is best for professional interviews / meetings. It had impressed my (leady) boss.

It will be also good if a girl used to put her nose on ur skin.

But rest of situations, like u want to project perfume as ur tattoo then this is not for you. Absolutely it got ZERO projection. ( I tried this perfume with 97% VV alcohol deo but still it did not lift off and after an hour or so deo was only getting projected )

But a good note is it will remain on ur skin after many hours but to identify it one have to dig ur skin by her nose.

My opinion will be as this is perfume got zero projection and other low cost alternatives are available for the useful scenarios available....

Don’t invest into it.

this scent is a deceive 1,
when u first apply it , it is so strong ,
after 10 -15 becomes so soft and shy scent.

this is ma 2nd review on that cologne,
the smell is amazing , but it transfer from
its top to base notes , in less than an hour ,
so there is no real sillage , less than an hour,
wat a dissapointment.

neo009

the smell is awesome , so rich smell
its not in yr face kind of scent , but it is a professional 1

sameh
sameh

I tried it last summer & it did not impress me at all, although it's a chic bottle, shame !!!
p.s. the original edition is far better !

Abbas
Abbas

It is fresh and menly purfume but lasting on me is only 2~3 hours.that is not good.:(

VanAllan
VanAllan

I was killing some time at a mall in order to find some Christmas gifts for my relatives so I tested quickly this one (along with Davidoff Champion and Paco Rabanne Ultrared).

Pretty much interesting fragrance, not completely original but it has a certain spicy-oriental smell that worth a further approach. I tested it on my wrist and from a small spray I can say that it has a cold aromatic-spicy top (citruses, cardamom & lavender), slowly surrounded by a pimm's like accord and a sweet dry oriental feeling (violet & sesame halva!), very nice!.

After 3-4 hrs, the leathery sweet musky base kicks in, adding an elegant and pleasant aura, a pretty formal one, which lasted another 3 hrs on my skin.

It was a nice surprise for me so I ordered one for myself (together with Zino, which took me hard times to finally find it!). They will make a formidable pair for this winter!.

Good longevity (5-7 hrs. in cold weather), average sillage, close to skin after 2-3 hrs. My rank 7.9/10. ☣☣☣

BIG
BIG

This is such an ordinary fragrance. No character, no development. Just a faint semi-sweet trail and then it vanishes. Nothing sensual or private about it.

bwcw81
bwcw81

A smoother and more intense version of the Original Silver Shadow, not bad for a formal dinner or special date!

periquito89
periquito89

Not as bland as Very Valentino, and a little more masculine on the notes; maybe more serious and refined than Estee Lauder's Mustang, but less alive. Like many scents nowadays it's not quite original. It's safe, it's just a good one. The bottle is simple and nice. With the leather note, I read around there that could be a weak version of Armani Night He, but for me just in a fraction. Among those 4 I like Mustang's character most.

liquid-alco
liquid-alco

Lack of character, lack of nuance, lack of novelties...
Average flat scent for mainstream individualities.
You may pluckily pass by these botttles on the shelves.

zepiroth_kreationz
zepiroth_kreationz

Awesome scent! I totally agree with you guys, perfect for intimate romantic wear... Two thumbs up for Davidoff Silver Shadow Private!

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

i absolutley agree with the menthol thing and the expensive cigars smell , its quite nice and very elegant , good for a gentlemen and intimate wear indeed :)

afraafra
afraafra

The noses behind this are :Jacques Huclier / Calice Becker, the latter of "By Killian' fame.

Eros
Eros

Good oriental-sweet perfume with a bit of menthol-like and a very little bit of expensive cigars (not "average tobacco"). Reminds me "L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme" (for men). Comparing "Private" with Kenzo: Kenzo is thin and curvative, Private is BOLD and STRAIGHT.
Sounds like "much more expensive version" of Davidoff "Cool Water Deep", more classy, more polished, and without any "acid". Unforgettable luxury opening *BUT* unfortunatelly, the drydown is sugar-mint-a-lot, and after 2 hours - powdery.
Nearest analogues are: maybe Davidoff Cool Water Deep - predesessor - less classy, HUGO BOSS "Selection" (more balanced, no menthol, less fresh, but a bit greeny), LaCoste Pour Homme & "Elegance" (cofee-vanilla instead of menthol fresh).

ZeeK
ZeeK

Am a great lover of Silver Shadow by Davidoff. Was so keen and excited for the debut of its new fragrance "Silver Shadow Private" (SSP).

First sniff and i bought a 100ml bottle.. truly "irresistible" its sort of a stick-to-skin type fragrance... long lasting but not intense, i have few reservations about the silage as it is below than average for such a good quality fragrance.... Very nice citrusy opening in combination with the spicy notes of cardamom. Heart becomes bit floral but maintains deep masculinity until its dried down to the base notes of Musk & Leather...

There are 2 noses behind this fragrance Jacques Huclier (A*Men Pure Coffee, B*Men, Ice*Man) / Calice Becker (Beyond Paradist, J'Adore), IMO it could be their best MEN fragrance composition.

Highly recommended for a romantic wear even intimate romantic wear and i bet you wont get disappointed.

Silver Shadow Private by Davidoff 3.64 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff Silver Shadow Private fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff Silver Shadow Private, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Shadow Private by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Shadow Private by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.