Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The Game Davidoff for men

The Game Davidoff for men
dislike

The Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Game Davidoff for men Pictures The Game Davidoff for men Pictures

The Game by Davidoff is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. The Game was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Bernard Ellena. Top notes are gin and juniper berries; middle notes are iris and precious woods; base note is ebony wood.

Gin Juniper Berries

iris Precious Woods

Ebony Wood

The Game Intense
Cerruti 1881 Black

The Game Fragrance Reviews

soned
soned

Want a one million knock off for cheap?. Look somewhere else (AB the golden secret or Frank Olivier Passion). This one may have the vibe, but is not similar at all.

The Game has a fruity top, then it becomes more woody, but with a sweet feeling, but very masculine. A sweeter Champion...jummmm. I can even smell Vetiver on this one!!!!.

This reminded me of something, did not know what it was until I wore it a few days ago. It is similar to Cerruti 1881 Black, but more woody and less sweet.

Lasts a long time and projects fairly. This is not bad at all, just don't pay retail.

gordbrad
gordbrad

this smells like a gas chromatograph recreation of Armani Code or Burberry Brit. i would be hard-pressed to tell them apart. except unlike those 2, it's blindingly strong at the beginning, and really cheap-smelling at the end. and yes, Davidoff's bottles are getting worse and worse. if you paid more than 20$, it was too much.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Not especially interesting or attractive.

It smells a bit like the underside of a piece of furniture I have.

Meh.

periquito89
periquito89

For a sweet one it's not that unattractive. I never turn out the nose for it. It's imediately recognized as one of the sweet group of scents, but like what happens with CH 212 Vip, there's some in it that lessen that sweetness and adds a fizzy feeling. I would't say that's cool water plus something else because we have Hot Water which is differente. The gin note, perhaps? Would be Gin what gives the fizzy feeling I also get from 212 Vip Men?

Somewhat neutral about this, I may very well be using it from time to time.

henri345que
henri345que

Well, i'd say that the Game is successful and common at the same time. Don't get me wrong, i wasn't surprised by it, but thinking well, isn't this a fragrance to enter the competition to win the average buyer? This is really a game where the strategy favors more the image and appearance you construct than the novelty or the essence itself. And the strategy seems to go from the point where a lot of competitors goes, One Million. Don't confuse this by thinking that it smells like One Million, because it doesn't. But it's strategy on this game it's the same of One Million: a sweet base, with shades of amber and woods, here married by a fougere fruity accord, with boozy aspects, like a lot of fragrances launched recently. The Game seems to look like new at the same time being what every other competitor, being the image what makes it a winner or looser. It's not for me, i wouldn't buy it and i think this structure is tiresome and dull, but if their aim was this, it's, after all, a winner.

bazil14
bazil14

tried this on a tester strip and on skin and my 1st thought was were have i smelled this before...(No not one million either this bears no resemblence despite what ppl say ...) so for days i wrakked my brains trying to think where and when id smelled it then it hit me this id 99% the same as david beckham signature story do a side by side and see for yourself any just on this frag u get good projection and good longivity but smells kinda cheap more suited to a young scallywag down the pub than a high rolling poker player down the casino as the ad sugests anyway overall 5/10

lovetribe
lovetribe

banal.I would never buy it.only floral and aromatic mixed together.bleah.

impala45
impala45

Davidoff's entry into the candy/bubblegum genre is pretty good I must say. It starts very interesting, perhaps it's the gin note. Then it gets progressively sweeter and more berry like. It's a long-lasting and powerful scent. It doesn't require a lot of sprays to make itself noticed. While I'm not overall a huge fan of this type of scent I like The Game quite a bit and certainly more than others of the kind.

To echo many of the comments below...Totally confused by the comparisons to 1 Million and Cool Water even? Crazy it's nothing like them.
I love subtle notes of gin and wood and really like the fragrance at first try. I didn't want to based on the campaign and the bottle (which is actually quite innovative) I find them a little vulgar too.
My criticism of this fragrance is like so many others available its a little bland and cheap/synthetic smelling but If you like it you like it...and I like it.

gd15329
gd15329

Yes, I agree... smells nothing like one million.
To me it was like mixing some generic sporty fresh scent with few drops of Dior Homme Intense (the iris I guess).

(again) A fresh-after bath scent you put on to go out and have it on you for 2-3 hours top.

I was expecting so much more from this one. [the bottle is so promising... but the scent... :( ]

yassineyes
yassineyes

The game by Davidoff, it's quit different than others they made, it's little intense & moderal with a nice small & mostly get a asia people alike ..

Napper216
Napper216

I only have the shower gel, but I really like it! The scent lasts a good day or two in my hair (Just as well I don't need to wash it every day, haha!).

To my nose, it smells sweet, smoky fruity and woodsy with - just maybe - some leather.

Not going to comment otherwise or rate on sillage/projection as I doubt those are of much relevance to scented proucts that aren't actually perfumes.

For me, it's a forbidden treat (I bought it on a 'sickie' day and went to London specifically just to use my Debenhams points on SOMETHING - this could not be better at a mere £3 for me!)

antonpan
antonpan

Davidoff The Game is a weird mix of a laundry detergent (the opening) and modern masculine "1 million" molecules (the base). Actually that's the most chemical detergent smell of a fragrance that I ever smelled. Though it's not so bad, it is wearable, mild, for those, who seek for a lighter version of Paco Rabanne 1 Million and by the way love the smell of clean clothes.

brunoracki
brunoracki

i don't really like the smell, but the bottle is perfect!

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

i tried the sample
i get more of the fruity note...
seems unique....but vaguely similar to PR BlackXS....but much...as the flowery note cames in...
could make a good perfume....nice bottle....stupid name...

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Smells like the original Coolwater mixed with Parco Rabanne's One Million.
Rather generic. The typical spicy woody male cologne scent you'd smell in dozens other fragrances at the store.
However, there's also a tinge of fizziness to this scent that makes it a little sparkling. And, it's lacking the cloying sweetness you'd find in One Million.

Verdict: Meh.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

I don't understand all the dislikes on this. My boyfriend tried it earlier this week and it was really nice. Second to Adventure IMO, and Adventure is NICE!!
My brother wears One Million and I honestly didn't get any similarities with that. To my nose One Million is all about Cinnamon and Amber, The Game is woody, spicy Iris with a slight hint of fruit.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Trust me on this - the drydown is really alcoholic. It's horrid, like cheap cologne (Lynx cologne).

iconoclast
iconoclast

I sampled this today and totally agree with Endymion's comment that it smells EXACTLY like Cerruti 1881 Black - despite their totally different ingredients! Thus it's no more than a softly woody and spicy, modern, pleasant, but ultimately quite shy and humdrum fragrance. I must admit though that I do like the look of the novelty bottle, and the whole package seems targeted at those in their 20s. I can't comment decisively on the sillage and longevity, but from my sampling and concurring with the comments below, it's no more than moderate.

marioslg3
marioslg3

from the first sniff it reminds one million....in other words another clone of it....."the game" which will be the successor and best seller beyond one million continues.....if you like a successful perfumes, make it to smell like others....and everybody wants to knock out one million instead of trying to do something unique themselves....
UPDATE: i smelled it on a friend last night and it is not 1 million. The beginning as i remember, has something from 1 million but on the dry down, there are no similarities. It was a nice perfume, will try it on my skin and see.
Generally speaking, is 1 million, only the very dry down is a bit different. all others remind VIP MEN and 1 MILIION

Ricks44
Ricks44

Just purchashed this... I smelt it at the shop and loved it. Only the day after to regret it. Let me first say, I dig this scent. Its spicy, sexy and smart. I also get tbe one million comparison. I currently have one million on one hand and The Game on the other. Add spice and what smells like oranges to One Million and you have this fragrance. Its actually really nice to my nose. Now the problem is with the projection and longevity. On my skin the projection is about 2 inches after 20 minutes.... I may add I sprayed 6 times in the same spot... Longevity. On me, 1 hour.. if that. To test this I sprayed my neck 6 times, arms 3 times and wrists 3 times each. No shit, an hour gone by I asked my partner if she could smell the fragrance on me... guess the answer. No. I could just about pick it up with my nose pressed against my skin. Do not buy this without testing it on your skin. Luckily I only bought the 40ml bottle for fear it would turn out to be useless. This is kind of upsetting to me as I really like the fragrance. But what use is it if people not 2 feet away cant smell it and it vanishes within the hour. Save your money.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this actually smells good n better sillage than the rest of Davidoff. whats with so many dislike on this one eh?

Langridj
Langridj

I see the nod towards 1million, but this is more subtle. Game has quite a good tenacity for this type of fragrance and it's quite clever as i totally see what image they are trying to generate: young guy with a new job in his new leather seat car with loose dollars on the dashboard checking out the ladies ...or ...men

joeywang
joeywang

it smells so woody with spicy inside,which is very ordinary among the male perfume.what i like most is the slogan"winner takes all" but unfortunately, the perfume doesn't show a lot of the meaning.

pablo.lizárraga
pablo.lizárraga

Fierce + 1 Million

cen3petal
cen3petal

Smells really cheap.

bronstein
bronstein

This one appears like a mixture of two scents, as if they were worn together. One could be a sweet one and the other one a light manly one. For instance, Davidoff's own Adventure mixed with Hot Water. Although this one develops quite nicely after a while, it seems as if Davidoff waste some inspired new names on scents that are just mediocre.

619haifisch
619haifisch

I own this scent, blind bought it after I read the notes, and thought it would be a long lasting iris based scent. And to an extent I was right.
It is iris based throughout the scent, with a hint of berries in the drydown.
In short, this is a quicktime scent, it may as well be an eau de cologne it is that weak !

I applied 5 shots to the neck and chest.
from 0 to 30 mins there is a 6 inch projection. Nice iris intro.

30 mins to an hour, it is already down to a 2 inch projection, berries creeping in; nice smell.

2 hours later and it is gone. Very quick to get off the skin.

If this works well on your skin it could be a very nice scent, but for me it is awful, which makes this a bad blind buy.

If you can test this on your skin before you buy, do, see how it goes, if it stays with you, it warrants a purchase, as it's quite cheap.

leecher88
leecher88

too much like 1 million

nevertheless its good

Endymion

Nice fragrance, much better what the bottle suggest. Anyway it smells almost exactly like Cerruti 1881 Black, try it yourself ;)

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

P.S.: guest_ is me sorry :b

Just tried it, on paper and on skin. It's opening notes are very similar to Paco Rabane's 1 Million. It has been on my skin for almost an hour, and not it reminds me of a mix between Armani code Ultimate and 212 VIP Men.
Despite this, the perfume is pleasant and for those who are a bit tired of 1 Million's bottle, this is a nice alternative, and most likely finnatially.
I get the gin and juniper notes, lets wait a little longer.

Good fragrance, but has a lot of alternative ones.

dozza14
dozza14

Oh dear, bottle is horrible, tack, name is just the same as the one a few years ago, smell is like a cheap fiery joop wild mixed with Bengay or deep heat menthol. Perfect buy for all you youngsters as you move from your cans of lynx(axe). Enjoy!

kenney77
kenney77

Sounds very different than the norm can't wait to try it love the bottle very unique idea hope it smells good

Hasancutcu:
It will be available this spring, and let me tell you: It is really worth waiting for: Fresh, balmy, woody..
No "citrus" fragrance, there are so many out there, this is something special!!!

hasancutcu
hasancutcu

Does anyone know where can I buy this ? Thanks in advance.

Manolete
Manolete

I remember back in 2008 when One Million came out, everybody was talking about how tacky, bad taste and cheap the bottle was. Then they smelled the juice and the rest is history... top seller around the globe for the last years. I admit it´s tempting to bash out some new fragrance for their bottles or ads (i did it with Versace Eros for example), but the bottom line is that it´s all about the liquid inside, if the juice is great, everybody will forget in a second about how bad the bottle looks!

habshini
habshini

i like the bottle design but i am not sure from the note

sameh
sameh

I love all woody-aromatic freg plus the bottle is elegant , we see about smell like mario.biani said b4 !

henrikahlm

Tried a pre-sample of this, its really wonderful!
Fresh,sensual , a bit fruity, but very masculine.
Go get it players!!

juanma
juanma

Hay alguna gente aqui realmente maleducada. Como pueden juzgar algo sin antes probarlo o solo por su apariencia?. Evidentemente son personas que no respetan el arte de la perfumeria. No se que hacen opinando en este sitio.

@krayonkid
I never rate a fragrance until I test it :)
It also annoys me much if someone rates before even smelling ;)
My review is upon the cover of the substance (name, design, marketing etc.).

allpur
allpur

Absolutely agree with krayonkid.

krayonkid
krayonkid

Guys, if you're going to rate the perfume based on the bottle and presentation, why not wait for the review instead of disliking the fragrance based just on what you see?

Endymion

So Davidoff is getting on with cheaper and cheaper names...

The Game by Davidoff 2.96 out of 5 based on 155 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Davidoff The Game fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Davidoff The Game, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Game by Davidoff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Game by Davidoff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.