Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

coconut
almond
nutty

A scent of angles food is one of the most appealing scents of the brand. Vanilla, sugar....how can you resist it? Wearing it, you will feel edible yourself.

It is a part of the Sweet Delights collection.

It is available in 30 and 100 ml bottles, as well as the body care products.

Vanille Sugar Coconut Wheat Almond

Angel Food Fragrance Reviews

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

What a bittersweet scent this is to me now....

Let me explain. Apart from Victoria's Secret Body Sprays, this was my first colonge. It was purchased as a gift from my half-brother (I also inherited the "Brownie" colonge from Demeter, which he gifted to my mother at the same time, but she found it to sweet so passed it on to me. I remember both scents well.)

I was 7 when I went to NYC for the first time. This scent brings back a time of the magical innocence of childhood, back when I still had a good relationship with my family and half-siblings, when New York was a vibrant and exciting city. I still remember vividly that first trip to the big apple, the amazing scallion pancakes and hot pork buns at this Chinatown restaurant, the excitement of receiving this cologne, which looked so chic in the square silver-capped Demeter bottle. My half brothers wife also gave me a gift, a small all-natural scented candle in a silver bottle, "to make my hotel room smell more like home". I thought she was so exotically beautiful, and even though my parents would not allow me to light the candle, I inhaled the lily-of-the-valley like sweet scent deeply, which smelled like a beautiful greenhouse to me.

"Angel Food" at that time (17 years ago now...wow) did not come in the sweet delights kitchy bottle I see displayed on Fragrantica now, but a simple square clear bottle with a white front, "Angel food" written in black along a yellow band, and of course that tall silver cap. I don't know if this has been reformulated since then, and can only review on the colonge I recieved. Like other reviews mentioned, it did have an alcoholic opening, (like many fragrances, I learned in later years of perfume collecting) however, given a few minutes to settle, morphed into a true, bakery like, delicious gourmand edible angel food cake scent. I don't remember it lasting long, about 3-4 hours, tops, but given the small purse-friendly size, I would not mind re-spritzing.

Now around this time ( I remember owning this colonge until around the age of 14, when it went missing) I was reading a book called Goddess #1 Heaven Sent, by Clea Hantman, about Three Muses, Thalia, Era, and Polly who were banished to Earth by Zeus for a prank gone awry on there stepmother Hera. I don't remember much of the book now, only that I loved it as a tween (I still love Greek Mythology to this day, so no surprise there) and a certain plotline in which the Furies, jealous of the Muses, gift Thalia with a "wedding present"- a beautiful, bejeweled perfume bottle with a heavenly fragrance inside. Of course, the twist is that the perfume is really a curse waiting to be activated....but blinded by the beauty of the perfume, the Muses spritz and inhale it deeply, unaware of the agony that will follow when the curse is unleashed from this seemingly beautiful gift.

Inspired by the gorgeous jeweled perfume I read about, I decided to decorate this colonge, the only one I owned and loved, with jewel-toned metallic stickers making up a mosaic like pattern of gold and silver, with a dark green star in the center.

How almost prosaic then, that now I find myself at odds with my family (my half-sister turned out to my a phony, lying hypocrite and apart from that one meeting at 7 and only perhaps 3 more times I ever even saw his face my half-brother never tried to bond with me or form any real connections, which honestly hurt me deeply as a vulnerable little girl, just looking to be close to her family.) And as for his beautiful, exotic wife Tasha? A year later they had a nasty divorce.

Looking back on it, I can't help but think of the irony of how much I loved this cologne, my first real grown-up scent that smelled so delicious and intoxicating, and how I decorated the bottle which such care, wanting to create a beautiful flancon like I read about in my book. And yet, just like Thalia was fooled by the perfume gifted to her by the furies, I find myself now, at 24, estranged from both my half-siblings as I cant bear to deal with there lies, manipulations, and in my half-brothers case utter lack of regard or care for me and my life.

This beautiful, gourmand scent that I found so bewitching, now as I recall its scent brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes as I truly feel that it has been cursed, lulling me into a false sense of security, like the calm in the eye of a storm, just as much as my relations with my siblings have stormed and soured.

I am sorry for the sad nature of this review, which is honestly a very hard one for me to write. This truly is a lovely scent, and for those without the negative associations, would surely find it sweet and comforting. But scent is so closely tied with memory and emotion to me, both the good and the heartbreaking. And unfortunately for me, I feel like inhaling this now would just bring back those memories of that lonely, rejected little girl and cause me, even after all these years, to break down and cry.

7.7/10 for the scent and silliage (very true angel-cake like foody aroma)
4/10 longevity

*Please don't let my sad review stop you from trying this! Unfortunately my memories have clouded this scent for me, but this doesn't have to be the case for you. I truly hope that others can enjoy this little gem, and wear it well*

Kohla1
Kohla1

UGH!!! Way to much coconut so disappointed. I was hoping for a real Angel food smelling spray but this is just vanilla coconut with mostly coconut. I wanted more of the wheat, almond, and sugar to stand out. but no :( If anyone has recommendations on a scent like that pm me! Its nice but not what I was hoping for.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This has a bit of uncooked batter in the beginning and it's really delicious and mouthwatering at this stage. Once it fades it becomes less recognizable, and becomes more of a generic vanilla. Wonderful opening though, wish it had lasted. This one did not last very long -- I know this is a common problem with Demeter, but this one in particular was very short lived and became a skin scent within the hour.

Littlewing8_9
Littlewing8_9

Yum. My first Demeter fragrance. I wore it in grade 9 and a boy that I had a crush on ( not sure if he liked me back........but we were friends definitely) said I smelled like donuts. Ha ha.
To me it just smells like clean laundry hanging on the line while someone walks by with aromatic vanilla custard and just spills it everywhere. So good...it doesn't even smell like perfume.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

Bought this years ago and just finished it not too long ago. It faded away too quickly and always had that fake alcohol smell. My boyfriend loved it, though. All I smelled was vanilla with a hint of coconut.

tia t
tia t

its a cologne and they arent designed to last long...this is nice

jesz
jesz

Vanilla vanilla vanilla!

delphine67
delphine67

first im smelling a weird scent like burnt sugar that whas to long on the stove. not as in caramel but really burnt.then I smell some vanilla. Its sweet but remaining that burn smell to it. So its not my type of scent

yes, its light and airy like angel food. it also has a weird alcohol note when 1st applied that i don't care for. once that alcohol smell goes away and it dries, it smells like angel food cake batter. it dossen't last super long, but after a couple of hours i still can smell a faint sweet vanilla/cake scent. i love it.

oj10065882
oj10065882

This perfume is sweet.I can feel the innocence through this fragrance,it makes me feel light and great,it is beatiful as an angel could be.I like :).

Migotka
Migotka

Angel Food was my first Demeter fragrance. I think most Demeters, even though they are not very complicated fragrances, turn out very different on my skin, I now started to believe that my skin and this brand are simply not compatible.

It smells gorgeous from the bottle. And it smelled so great on some of my friends. On them I could smell lots of vanilla extract and coconut, which made me thing of coconut pudding, sweet, thick, rich.

On me it smells like this for first 5 minutes. Afterwards, I started getting a slice of Angel Food that has spent waaaay too much time in the oven. Sweetness was gone, I was left with scent of smoke and burnt dough.

Shame, since I know others were more lucky...

Angel Food by Demeter Fragrance 3.92 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Angel Food fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Angel Food, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Food by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Food by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.