Designers » D E » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

dislike

cherry
almond
nutty

Demeter Fragrance has offered their new fragrance Barbados Cherry in September 2011. The perfume is juicy, tart-sweet seductive fruity fragrance created as contrast to Maraschino Cherry.

''A beautiful and colorful native shrub with small pink and white flowers that bloom in spring, late summer and fall, The Barbados Cherry plant produces an abundance of red cherry-plum like fruit. It is the richest of all fruits for their vitamin C.''

Barbados Cherry fragrance can be purchased as 30 ml EDC spray, 120ml EDC spray, 15ml cologne purse spray, 15ml splash, along with accompanying perfumed body care products (baths, lotions, oil…). The fragrance has been introduced in 2011.

Cherry

FRAGRANCE REVIEW FOR BARBADOS CHERRY

BY DEMETER

NOTES

CHERRY

This is like Escada's Cherry In the Air if it was a singular note perfume. This is straight up cherry but if you take your time to analyze the composition and let your nose do the work, it begins to smell like a number of things. It smells like fresh cherries or cherries on water, Kool Aid, sugar coated cherry, cherry soda or vanilla and cherry. It can also smell like cherry wine. It's a bit on the tropical side and that would make sense since it's mean to evoke Barbados. This is a delicious summer cherry scent. It's not going to make a statement. It's unisex and savory, gourmand, and fun. I wore this on Sunday to Central Park with my niece. There's not much more to say. It does smell good but it doesn't last long and it performs for about 2 hours or less. However it does smell good while it lasts. There might also be a floral note in it like a subdued gardenia. It's really nice.

whaea
whaea

This was a surprise. Not what I expected from a Demeter.
I have the oil... at first smell it was hard to identify cherry. Almost Body Shop Dewberry, or plum. I thought of Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy.
It's sweet, like MF, but not sickly. Juicy sweet acidic, gourmand of course, but something else is there too. No almond I can detect. A woodiness maybe?

Anyway, I love it. It lasts longer than I thought - I'm smelling it on my wrist 8 hours later, although projection isn't great.I can smell it days later on a scarf or jacket.

Try some, enjoy it. It's not a serious fragrance. Some days I just want to smell uncomplicated and sweet.

PavlovsDogs
PavlovsDogs

Smells exactly like cherry cough syrup.

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

This is a really nice cherry scent! Sweet, but not too sweet, and doesn't smell cheap or like those bad car fresheners. It also seems to last quite a bit, unlike quite a few of the other Demeters.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Barbados Cherry smells like black cherries bought from the grocery store that have that waxy shine. It's sweet, it's sugary, but it's not really tart. It starts off a bit like cherry candle wax but turns into juicy cherry kool-aid pretty fast and it seems to grow sweeter with time. It really is a fun and uplifting scent, great for hot weather and probably nice for layering. I'll have to play with it. I might try layering this over Al-rehab Cherry Flower.
If you like cherry, it's a safe blind-buy, but as I'm not getting the tart aspect like the other reviewers, be prepared for that possibility.
Longevity is great on clothes, projection is moderate-to-soft. I might just use it as an air freshener though.

Update: great layered over Al-rehab Cherry Flower! I imagine it would work with a lot of fruity scents for extra oomph. However, I don't really like it anymore. It's too candlewax-like and dense.

Update 2: Two seasons later and back to hot weather, I'm liking this again. To me it's better than Escada Cherry in the Air because it doesn't have that powdery aspect, but I do get the slight resemblance. Also nice when layered with CSP Coco Extreme.

LesleyA
LesleyA

This is not quite the tart/sweet/realistic cherry I was craving, but it is fun and cheerful smelling. It reminds me of classic cherry chapstick, which is a compliment, not a dig. It lasted ages on my shirt! I caught a whiff of cherry chapstick as I threw the shirt into the washing machine, and it made me grin. :)

Smunky
Smunky

Strong alcoholic sting for the first couple of minutes, then it settles into the type of cherry scent I wanted Cherry in the Air to be - tart, true and delicious. Longevity on the skin is poor, but 15 hours later I can still smell it on my clothes, and really, at that price, you can just reapply at will.

kellyklages
kellyklages

A sugary-tart cherry, with a slightly flowery accompaniment. Amazing... never knew cherries could smell this way.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

A fragrance that is very true to its name. If you really like cherry scents, Barbados Cherry is wonderful. It does not last all day, but it is affordable enough to spritz whenever you need.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Cerry jelly + cherry soda. Sweet, pretty.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Barbados Cherry fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Barbados Cherry, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Barbados Cherry by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Barbados Cherry by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.