Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Bird of Paradise Demeter Fragrance for women

Bird of Paradise Demeter Fragrance for women

Bird of Paradise by Demeter Fragrance is a Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features strelitzia.

Bird of Paradise Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Bird Of Paradise Demeter Fragrance

Notes: Strelitzia

This is an exotic fragrance of bird of paradise or strelitzia which in truth is very hard to describe as a scent and even harder to recreate as a synthetic note in perfume. When I first closed my eyes to smell this and let my imagination take flight, it brought me to my childhood. I swear I have smelled this scent before. The bird of paradise flower is commonly grown in homes usually in front lawns or backyards. I remember smelling this at the home of a friend in Massachusetts. I never bothered to ask what the flower was called but later on when studying flowers I rediscovered it. This smells green-and-yellow. It's herbal but not terribly aromatic nor anything like patchouli. If it had to be compared to some other herb it's more like bay leaves. This is a green plant smell, and a garden smell. It has a yellow floral type of scent as well a bit like ylang-ylang. It has a fruity banana scent as well. It's more herbal/spicy than it is sweet and floral. It can also be classified as Oriental. It's such a gorgeous fragrance and I love to spray it in my house. I do agree with the other reviewer that compared it to Estee Lauder Aliage however I find that this has a definite yellow floral and banana scent. In this way it's more tropical than Aliage which is rustic/woodsy/forest scent. This is not a forest. This is a tropical jungle type of smell. It smells of places I've been to like Brazil, like the Amazon rainforest. It's also smelling of Africa, namely Central Africa and East Africa. It smells of the wildflowers that grow in mountainous regions in the continent. What a strangely beautiful scent.

A complex scent that I am still trying to analyze. A burst of green opening, then it mellows to floral, spicy...and....I am still trying to work it out. I do love it: my only strong complaint is the longevity: it is gone before I can fully grasp it....Unusual,good buy for the price though.

This is a departure from typical Demeter scents, as it is not a singular smell and it is also quite lasting on my skin. Upon first spray it took me back to a nostalgic fragrance, but I can not completely remember. I am going off decades of memory, BUT I am pretty sure this is very close to Estee Lauder's Alliage/Aliage and maybe even Paco Rabanne Calandre.

A VERY green scent, which I feel would be appropriate for men or women. In the chypre or herbal category, for sure, and much more grassy than tropical, as stated above. Overall, I really like it, but it is quite different from the modern scents of today.

From the Demeter website:

The bird-of-paradise flower is actually a large tropical herb (Strelitzia reginae) of the family Musaceae (banana family), native to South Africa, with it's large blossoms resembling an exotic bird.

Our Bird of Paradise captures perfectly the warm, fresh and invigorating green scent of the living flower in the wilds of the Hawaiian Islands; a scent that cannot be adequately described, but must be experienced.

It's really stange. I regreted to buy it!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Bird of Paradise fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Bird of Paradise, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bird of Paradise by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bird of Paradise by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.