Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Honeysuckle Demeter Fragrance for women

Honeysuckle Demeter Fragrance for women
dislike

Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance is a Floral fragrance for women. Honeysuckle was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Brosius. The fragrance features honeysuckle.

Honeysuckle

Caprifoglio (Honeysuckle)

Honeysuckle Fragrance Reviews

MrsPress
MrsPress

This legitimately smells like real Honeysuckle. It is not perfumey in the least. Very natural scent and beautiful at a distance once it calms down. It is exactly what I wanted it to be.

Xango
Xango

A gorgeous, true honeysuckle scent that's strong as the dickens upon application... and fades to nothingness on me after less than an hour. It fares better on my daughter in terms of longevity. Great for spring and warm weather, and really inexpensive!

parakeet
parakeet

这是我闻过的香水里面最像金银花的香水味道!!!
就是纯正的金银花味,尽管留香时间不算太长,大概2个小时左右,但是她的味道是真实美好的初夏自然花香!
如果你喜欢金银花,绝对不能错过这款!

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

This one smells exactly like honeysuckles, but real close up. It's not a soft honeysuckle scent. I still really like it though, and it actually lasts for a REALLY long time. I sprayed it in my hair yesterday, and I can still smell it today!

oroszcindy
oroszcindy

Exactly honeysuckle! I've been told by people that it reminds them of their childhood,running around in the meadows

Linaskye
Linaskye

I've had other honeysuckle fragrances that only hint at the true flower, or they've been mixed with something that ruins the pretty, happy nature of honeysuckle. Not this one! Straight up, fresh picked wild honeysuckle. I miss this one, but I gave up purchasing it after having bottle after bottle go bad very quickly. My first two or three were fine, but then I couldn't seem to keep one more than a few sprays before the color would change and the flower smell that I loved so much was replaced with a soured, decaying plant smell. Could be the store I was getting them from didn't store the bottles right...I don't know. I'd love to try it again sometime soon, but I have nowhere around me that sells this scent. I don't like to Internet buy (wary of it due to friends who had identity stolen and having my own bank account hacked twice), so the likelihood of me getting ahold of this charmer is nearly zero.

Anyway, I'd recommend this to anyone who just wants a light, sweet, and natural scent for daily use. I'd even say it could pass into nighttime in the summer.

Adam300691
Adam300691

I agree with the user Fostermd below, on the fact that why does this have to be classed on here as female only?

I just received this fragrance in the post, did one spritz on my wrist, and im in absolute heaven.

To me, this definitely does not scream feminine at all. This scent is exactly what summer smells like to me here in Australia. I walk down the street to the shopping centre or the train station in summer, its half humid/half dry, and being carried through the warm, dry breezes that come from the west to meet with the humidity from the ocean in the east (im in Brisbane) is this beautiful honeysuckle.

This honeysuckle is not combined with anything else from what i can smell, so its just an uncomplicated fragrance.

Until now, i was so frustrated every time i smelt this in the air, as i could never find the damn flower! Its a hidden beauty around here, yet you know its alive and well, as it greets you the moment you leave your front door.

Projection is great, longevity is great, and its just over all GREAT! aha i really do love it, ill always have a bottle in my collection.

Men - DONT BE AFRAID TO PURCHASE THIS! If you love these types of scents, get yourself one. I'll be getting the lavender and jasmine one next, as jasmine grows everywhere around where i live, and its amazing sitting outside on the deck at night when its so warm, and a cool breeze brings her to you.

Scent = 9/10
Longevity = 8/10
Projection = 8.5/10
Bottle Design = 7/10

fostermd
fostermd

First of all who said that honeysuckle is for women? I asked the honeysuckle bush across the street it didn't give me any indication that its fragrance was for women only, it's a natural flower so its beautiful fragrance should be enjoyed by everyone. This is very much in line with the experience I've had with all the Demeter fragrances: they smell exactly what they are supped to smell like and since I love the smell of fresh honeysuckle and the perfume enables me to spray myself and spend the next 4-5 hours smelling like a human honeysuckle bush which is just what I want. Being a soliflore, there are not different notes and the perfume does not change much on the skin, it goes on smelling like fresh honeysuckle and that is what it smells like for about a half meter area around so, so those near you will smell it but not necessarily everyone in the room and it will last several hours at which time if the mood strikes you you can just spray some more on. Some may fault Demeter that their perfumes don't last as long as others but when they consist of a single note you must consider if that note is normally a top, heart, or base note in perfumes. If it's a citrus, for example, it's always going to be a top note because citrus oils have a very repaid evaporation rate and even with some of the fixatives to slow this greatly they still are not going to last long. In the case of the pure florals, like honeysuckle, this is a heart or middle note and the flower absolutes, whether natural or synthetically composed tend, when properly fixed stay on the skin 4-6 hours, so this is how long any perfume with that single note can possibly last, no matter how much absolute they add or who makes it. But in search of a great honeysuckle I have explored just about every honeysuckle soliflore out there from the very expensive to the cheapies and this is the one that best depicts the live flower in the evening when the fragrance bursts forth in the air. The fact that it's so inexpensive makes me like it even more. If it's made with all synthetics or naturals makes no difference to me, I evaluate it only on it's smell and lasting quality and those are both maxed out. In my book the best honeysuckle perfume available at any price. I will always have a bottle on hand.

Hedonista
Hedonista

This week the honeysuckle came out full force in our area. Quite by chance I was sent a sample of Demeter Honeysuckle. I got to compare them both side by side!

Folks we have a winner. I'm still a huge fan of B&B Wild Honeysuckle (now discontinued). But for the most natural fragrance the Demeter wins hands down. It's the real deal, or as close as humans can come to getting it right. Side by side it is almost exact.
The test was done at the edge of our woods where the wild honeysuckle grows. The air is perfumed not only by the honeysuckle flowers, but also the riot of green growing things the vines climb on. Sweet, clean and green.

Demeter captured that wild, living green perfectly. They also worked magic getting the faint opening hint of lemon that is so exclusive to the fresh flowers. Going back inside the scent stayed with me (from the perfume)for about half an hour. Longevity could be better. But for such an ethereal entity, you can't have everything. Spritz some in your hair or on your lingerie for longer lasting joy.

Word of warning - if you layer this with a rose fragrance it's like walking into a funeral parlor in full swing. If you like this sort of thing then by all means layer it with Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

artemiss
artemiss

I wish this had a better longevity as it's a perfect honeysuckle, complete with a fresh green bite. I could barely smell it after an hour.

angellama
angellama

Forgive me for rehashing the same review I wrote on the Demeter website, but my impression remains the same: I don't know how this honeysuckle could be any better. It reminds me of warm summer nights spent outdoors with friends. It also comes without the slightly sharp pollen-like scent that I detect (ever so vaguely) in the Jasmine cologne. Absolutely gorgeous! It makes me feel like Dolly Parton, just wearing honeysuckle as my scent. [I will add, though, that the lasting power is extremely low - it is truly just a "pick-me-up" scent]

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

I absolutely love honeysuckle. I had high hopes when I bought this and was so disappointed in the results. It does not last at all. It does not smell as good, in my opinion, as the now-out-of-circulation Bath & Body Works honeysuckle sprays (which is a shame for a company that specializes in single-scent cologne sprays, I think). And worst of all, it is incredibly oily and leaves a noticeably slick of grease on my skin. After a few uses, the sprayer on mine broke, which wouldn't have been a big deal (I could have just unscrewed the cap and used it that way), but the spray is so awful and ineffective that I just stopped using it after that.

LesleyA
LesleyA

Some people smell a beautiful rose, violet, linden, lilac, or orange blossom scent for example, and are breathtakingly transported back to a moment/time in their childhood. My fragrant time machine is most definitely honeysuckle. My childhood backyard was literally fenced in by wild honeysuckle bushes. I spent every summer day breathing in their delicious, dewy, intoxicating scent. As I got older, and spent time exploring the woods and creek behind my house, looking for the fairies I was SURE lived out there, the cool shade of the woods always beckoned me out of the hot Texas sunlight with this fragrance.
I mentioned these childhood memories in my review of Le Chevrefuille, which is my treasured true-to-life honeysuckle scent.
I honestly had never worried about testing this, because I've grown accustomed to most honeysuckle notes being nice, yet never the real thing. Le Chevrefuille was the only perfume that lived up to that. I had the good luck, however, to receive a FULL sized surprise freebee bottle of this in my first ever Demeter order! I was happy to see this gift, but had no expectations.

Honeysuckle lovers-LISTEN to me.....this IS the scent of a LIVING honeysuckle bush in the air on a summer day. I dont know how they bottled it, but they did it, and beautifully. I have discovered that, understandably, some Demeter sprays can be on the synthetic end of the spectrum, but this is exact opposite end. I hate to even utter this, but in some ways, it might be even more realistic than my beloved Le Chevrefuille.
I find that it lasts quite a while in my hair, and on my clothing. Even if it did not, I'd still love it. It is not perfume, with base notes that linger...it is the natural scent of honeysuckle that you spray on.
One of the downsides of some extremely natural floral scents and perfumes, however, are the kind of "peekaboo" appearances of isolated mothball-tinged indoles, which are themselves, responsible for for the extremely realistic beauty of these floral scents. I never know when they will appear, but I might catch a teeny whiff with one flick of my hair, while with the very next flick of my hair, it's gone without a trace. And this only seems to happen once or twice in a wearing. It's like you really can smell them in isolation for a split-second. (or maybe I'm just crazy ;) ) I've experienced this with some of my very favorite fragrances, including Le Chevrefuille, Jo Malone Orange Blossom, and some Lilly of the Valley scents. I feel self-conscious when this occurs, but it always seems to be fleeting, and I remind myself of the important role indoles play in a natural smelling floral. I will happily pay that small price, however, to smell like I am wearing the actual namesake blossoms, rather than a perfume. :)
I am thrilled to have received this surprise bottle, and I am sure it will be drained in no time. Honeysuckle heaven, I tell you! :)

Amaryll
Amaryll

Went and sniffed this in store because of the great reviews and my craving for a pure honeysuckle scent. Sprayed it... and was disgusted. It smelled like honeysuckle, yeah, but rotting and doused in chemicals. Maybe the tester had gone bad? I had such high hopes :( In any case, I blind bought a bottle of Wild Honeysuckle by B&BW that smells much better to me than this.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I soooo wanted to love this. I love the smell of honeysuckles on a spring/summer day and this is probably as close as one will get in a bottle . . . BUT unfortunately on me, within a few SECONDS the sweet blossoms are overtaken by the smell of green stems, leaves and roots and within a few minutes more . . . nothing . . . It is very disappointing . . .

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Oh, my god. It DOES smell like honeysuckle! Legit!
I've smelled real honeysuckle, before and this sure hit the nail on the head. However, It lacks some of the real sweetness of honeysuckle but it doesn't really matter. It's a concentrated blast of the flower!

When I first tried it, Demeter's honeysuckle really was bad...with a metallic tinge of okra. But I believe that's because the bottle had been tampered with (I bought it used) but since it's aged, it's gorgeous!

I tell you, it's worth it. Try it.

Sillage: Moderate.
Longevity: Moderate.

If you have a bottle, let it age and it should stay on your skin longer :D

this is like fresh honeysuckle on the vine with the greenery still attached. not sugary sweet or powdery at all. it's crisp and sharp. lasts about 2 hrs on me. i like it and find it beautiful for spring especially and also summer.

lulu7898
lulu7898

This a really good honeysuckle! I have been looking for something that smells real and this is it. I also have Mary Kay Sparkling Honeysuckle and it actually smells a lot like Dior J`adore (which I don't care for). Demeter hit the mark with this!
Unfortunately, it drifts away so fast on my skin. It stays better on fabrics. I sprayed my curtains and so when the wind blows in I get whiffs.

vicka16
vicka16

Wow, great litle fragrance! It acctualy smells like real honeysuckle. And no, it doesn't smell baby powder at all. I have on my wrist for about two hours now and I can still smell it, the smell is not that strong anymore, but it's still there.
My 4.5 years old just smelled it from the bottle and said: "Hummm... that smells like... flowers!" ;-)

truffles
truffles

I love the smells of BOTH honeysuckle and baby powder so I've just ordered this! I'll be back...!
OK - this is probably as close to true honeysuckle as a perfume can get, but NOTHING beats burying your nose in a REAL honeysuckle blossom. I'll probably move this one on in a clearout for that reason.

SandraV
SandraV

In the back yard of the house I grew up in there was a honeysuckle vine on the back fence that extended the length of the whole yard.I have such wonderful memories of sniffing the flowers and drinking the sap from them.This is the scent of that vine in a bottle.It is the most realistic,spot-on interpretation of honeysuckle I have ever smelled...nothing else has ever come close and fortunately it actually lasts for quite a while on me.Love this-brings back wonderful memories and is great to spray on in the cold of winter to remind you that warmer days are coming.

817flowers
817flowers

I actually love this - reminds me of a Las Vegas casino - in a good way - the smell they use in them (don't know how) but I love Vegas and this scent takes me there. Lasts for hours on me. I'm always excited to try a Demeter fragrance

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I was excited to get this perfume as I love the smell of Honeysuckles. I read a lot of reviews, most seemed positive & purchased it unsniffed - I like a gamble!

When I got it I sprayed it straight away & was immediately assaulted by a synthetic baby powder scent. KAPOW!

It was so strong & smelt nothing like Honeysuckle. I waited it out & luckily it turned into a nice powdery scent that lasted surprisingly well despite the experience of previous reviewers - quite a few hours. But. No. Honeysuckle.

Verdict: Demeter's Honeysuckle is a nice fragrance, safe for work (if you don't spray too much) non obtrusive or offensive, maybe even comforting but NOTHING like Honeysuckle. The smell on the nozzle is somewhat floral, but the spray is definitely not Honeysuckle. Disappointing. I will wear this as an "at home fragrance" but I will never repurchase.

If you're after a Honeysuckle fragrance, look elsewhere. If you're after a baby powder fragrance, this is perfect. I wonder if Demeter's baby powder fragrance smells like Honeysuckle?

oliviaer
oliviaer

A simple, soft scent that makes you clam and comfortable. I love it although its staying power is weak.

I got a 30ml size to carry outside so I can spray on at anytime I want.

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

This is a nearly perfect honeysuckle scent, except for the fact that it disappears in less than 20 minutes. (I'm not exaggerating here. I've actually timed it, because I am that pedantic.)

It's a shame, because otherwise it would be my favourite spring perfume.

ktv0926
ktv0926

This one is the only one that I like from Demeter collection so far (at least out of those 15 scents that I tried). It's the only one that I can actually call a fragrance, because mostly they smell like soaps, air-fresheners, food or anything BUT a fragrance/perfume.

Honeysuckle reminds me my childhood, grandmother's country house, wild flowers - good memories:)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Malegria, after reading your review, I now must get this, as I love Honeysuckle! It sounds just lovely!

Malegria
Malegria

A pure, non contaminated by anything else, crisp scent honeysuckle.Don`t expect anything jaded - it is as unsophisticated as it can be! Brings to mind a country cottage, a clothes line with freshly laundered sheets drying out in the morning sun, first grass...Everything simple and pure, it`s right there.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Honeysuckle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Honeysuckle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.