Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Honeysuckle Demeter Fragrance for women

Honeysuckle Demeter Fragrance for women
dislike

Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance is a Floral fragrance for women. Honeysuckle was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Brosius. The fragrance features honeysuckle.

Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Fragrance Reviews

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

I absolutely love honeysuckle. I had high hopes when I bought this and was so disappointed in the results. It does not last at all. It does not smell as good, in my opinion, as the now-out-of-circulation Bath & Body Works honeysuckle sprays (which is a shame for a company that specializes in single-scent cologne sprays, I think). And worst of all, it is incredibly oily and leaves a noticeably slick of grease on my skin. After a few uses, the sprayer on mine broke, which wouldn't have been a big deal (I could have just unscrewed the cap and used it that way), but the spray is so awful and ineffective that I just stopped using it after that.

LesleyA
LesleyA

Some people smell a beautiful rose, violet, linden, lilac, or orange blossom scent for example, and are breathtakingly transported back to a moment/time in their childhood. My fragrant time machine is most definitely honeysuckle. My childhood backyard was literally fenced in by wild honeysuckle bushes. I spent every summer day breathing in their delicious, dewy, intoxicating scent. As I got older, and spent time exploring the woods and creek behind my house, looking for the fairies I was SURE lived out there, the cool shade of the woods always beckoned me out of the hot Texas sunlight with this fragrance.
I mentioned these childhood memories in my review of Le Chevrefuille, which is my treasured true-to-life honeysuckle scent.
I honestly had never worried about testing this, because I've grown accustomed to most honeysuckle notes being nice, yet never the real thing. Le Chevrefuille was the only perfume that lived up to that. I had the good luck, however, to receive a FULL sized surprise freebee bottle of this in my first ever Demeter order! I was happy to see this gift, but had no expectations.

Honeysuckle lovers-LISTEN to me.....this IS the scent of a LIVING honeysuckle bush in the air on a summer day. I dont know how they bottled it, but they did it, and beautifully. I have discovered that, understandably, some Demeter sprays can be on the synthetic end of the spectrum, but this is exact opposite end. I hate to even utter this, but in some ways, it might be even more realistic than my beloved Le Chevrefuille.
I find that it lasts quite a while in my hair, and on my clothing. Even if it did not, I'd still love it. It is not perfume, with base notes that linger...it is the natural scent of honeysuckle that you spray on.
One of the downsides of some extremely natural floral scents and perfumes, however, are the kind of "peekaboo" appearances of isolated mothball-tinged indoles, which are themselves, responsible for for the extremely realistic beauty of these floral scents. I never know when they will appear, but I might catch a teeny whiff with one flick of my hair, while with the very next flick of my hair, it's gone without a trace. And this only seems to happen once or twice in a wearing. It's like you really can smell them in isolation for a split-second. (or maybe I'm just crazy ;) ) I've experienced this with some of my very favorite fragrances, including Le Chevrefuille, Jo Malone Orange Blossom, and some Lilly of the Valley scents. I feel self-conscious when this occurs, but it always seems to be fleeting, and I remind myself of the important role indoles play in a natural smelling floral. I will happily pay that small price, however, to smell like I am wearing the actual namesake blossoms, rather than a perfume. :)
I am thrilled to have received this surprise bottle, and I am sure it will be drained in no time. Honeysuckle heaven, I tell you! :)

Amaryll
Amaryll

Went and sniffed this in store because of the great reviews and my craving for a pure honeysuckle scent. Sprayed it... and was disgusted. It smelled like honeysuckle, yeah, but rotting and doused in chemicals. Maybe the tester had gone bad? I had such high hopes :( In any case, I blind bought a bottle of Wild Honeysuckle by B&BW that smells much better to me than this.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I soooo wanted to love this. I love the smell of honeysuckles on a spring/summer day and this is probably as close as one will get in a bottle . . . BUT unfortunately on me, within a few SECONDS the sweet blossoms are overtaken by the smell of green stems, leaves and roots and within a few minutes more . . . nothing . . . It is very disappointing . . .

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Oh, my god. It DOES smell like honeysuckle! Legit!
I've smelled real honeysuckle, before and this sure hit the nail on the head. However, It lacks some of the real sweetness of honeysuckle but it doesn't really matter. It's a concentrated blast of the flower!

When I first tried it, Demeter's honeysuckle really was bad...with a metallic tinge of okra. But I believe that's because the bottle had been tampered with (I bought it used) but since it's aged, it's gorgeous!

I tell you, it's worth it. Try it.

Sillage: Moderate.
Longevity: Moderate.

If you have a bottle, let it age and it should stay on your skin longer :D

this is like fresh honeysuckle on the vine with the greenery still attached. not sugary sweet or powdery at all. it's crisp and sharp. lasts about 2 hrs on me. i like it and find it beautiful for spring especially and also summer.

lulu7898
lulu7898

This a really good honeysuckle! I have been looking for something that smells real and this is it. I also have Mary Kay Sparkling Honeysuckle and it actually smells a lot like Dior J`adore (which I don't care for). Demeter hit the mark with this!
Unfortunately, it drifts away so fast on my skin. It stays better on fabrics. I sprayed my curtains and so when the wind blows in I get whiffs.

vicka16
vicka16

Wow, great litle fragrance! It acctualy smells like real honeysuckle. And no, it doesn't smell baby powder at all. I have on my wrist for about two hours now and I can still smell it, the smell is not that strong anymore, but it's still there.
My 4.5 years old just smelled it from the bottle and said: "Hummm... that smells like... flowers!" ;-)

truffles
truffles

I love the smells of BOTH honeysuckle and baby powder so I've just ordered this! I'll be back...!
OK - this is probably as close to true honeysuckle as a perfume can get, but NOTHING beats burying your nose in a REAL honeysuckle blossom. I'll probably move this one on in a clearout for that reason.

SandraV
SandraV

In the back yard of the house I grew up in there was a honeysuckle vine on the back fence that extended the length of the whole yard.I have such wonderful memories of sniffing the flowers and drinking the sap from them.This is the scent of that vine in a bottle.It is the most realistic,spot-on interpretation of honeysuckle I have ever smelled...nothing else has ever come close and fortunately it actually lasts for quite a while on me.Love this-brings back wonderful memories and is great to spray on in the cold of winter to remind you that warmer days are coming.

817flowers
817flowers

I actually love this - reminds me of a Las Vegas casino - in a good way - the smell they use in them (don't know how) but I love Vegas and this scent takes me there. Lasts for hours on me. I'm always excited to try a Demeter fragrance

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I was excited to get this perfume as I love the smell of Honeysuckles. I read a lot of reviews, most seemed positive & purchased it unsniffed - I like a gamble!

When I got it I sprayed it straight away & was immediately assaulted by a synthetic baby powder scent. KAPOW!

It was so strong & smelt nothing like Honeysuckle. I waited it out & luckily it turned into a nice powdery scent that lasted surprisingly well despite the experience of previous reviewers - quite a few hours. But. No. Honeysuckle.

Verdict: Demeter's Honeysuckle is a nice fragrance, safe for work (if you don't spray too much) non obtrusive or offensive, maybe even comforting but NOTHING like Honeysuckle. The smell on the nozzle is somewhat floral, but the spray is definitely not Honeysuckle. Disappointing. I will wear this as an "at home fragrance" but I will never repurchase.

If you're after a Honeysuckle fragrance, look elsewhere. If you're after a baby powder fragrance, this is perfect. I wonder if Demeter's baby powder fragrance smells like Honeysuckle?

oliviaer
oliviaer

A simple, soft scent that makes you clam and comfortable. I love it although its staying power is weak.

I got a 30ml size to carry outside so I can spray on at anytime I want.

maid_marilyn
maid_marilyn

This is a nearly perfect honeysuckle scent, except for the fact that it disappears in less than 20 minutes. (I'm not exaggerating here. I've actually timed it, because I am that pedantic.)

It's a shame, because otherwise it would be my favourite spring perfume.

ktv0926
ktv0926

This one is the only one that I like from Demeter collection so far (at least out of those 15 scents that I tried). It's the only one that I can actually call a fragrance, because mostly they smell like soaps, air-fresheners, food or anything BUT a fragrance/perfume.

Honeysuckle reminds me my childhood, grandmother's country house, wild flowers - good memories:)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Malegria, after reading your review, I now must get this, as I love Honeysuckle! It sounds just lovely!

Malegria
Malegria

A pure, non contaminated by anything else, crisp scent honeysuckle.Don`t expect anything jaded - it is as unsophisticated as it can be! Brings to mind a country cottage, a clothes line with freshly laundered sheets drying out in the morning sun, first grass...Everything simple and pure, it`s right there.

Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance 3.92 out of 5 based on 64 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Honeysuckle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Honeysuckle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Honeysuckle by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.