Designers » D E » « Groups

Pure Soap Demeter Fragrance for women

Pure Soap Demeter Fragrance for women
dislike

Demeter Fragrance is announcing colours and aromas of spring 2009, along with a spring series of fragrances Spring Is In The Air, which includes delicate Jasmine, fresh and clean Pure Soap and gorgeous, unforgettable scent of Lilac.

Pure Soap is a fragrance of freshly bathed body, clean skin and gentleness. This scent of pure soar has been available since spring 2009 as 15ml purse spray, 15ml mini splash, 30ml cologne spray and 125ml cologne spray and in the same accompanying products as Jasmine.

mark Pure

Pure Soap Fragrance Reviews

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

On me, this smells like JLo's Glow that later turns into Dial. On my friends, however,it smells different. One friend, this smelled like Camay. The other friend, a mix of Caress/Dove. So body chemistry plays a big part in how this will work on you. Anyway you slice it though, it still comes up, pure soap!

EDIT: On a hot day like today (and it's only going to get hotter as summer gets into full swing here), this was wonderful! I felt fresh all day long running my errands.

firstinthedance

No, I was wrong. This doesn't smell like Caress. This is Camay.

jessbug
jessbug

Yeah, very soapy.

I never wear this on its own, but sometimes I love layering it over Egyptian Musk...

Sunshine99
Sunshine99

Yep, very soapy! :D like it though, make me feel like I smell good naturally. haha

Soie
Soie

Freshly sprayed this smells like a really rosy, musky version of J.Lo Glow.

After a few minutes on the skin, a cherry almond note takes center stage, along with the bright, aldehydic smell of shampoo.

There's not even a hint in this of the smell of Ivory bar soap (which has a distint, slightly fatty aroma, and contains a trace of lemongrass essential oil, which is quite different from the 'white peach and silk blossoms' fragrance featured in the original Caress soap; and from Dove soap, which is said to have an iris scent).

The drydown of this is somewhat aquatic/ marine.

Demeter Pure Soap is not a bad fragrance, IMO, it's just not all that reminiscent of the smell of soap.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Soft, clean, fresh, and inoffensive. I got this from Demeter as a free gift. I like it, unlike the Clean fragrance line. But I usually wear this to the gym, I really like the clean smell - it masks the gym smell nicely. I think it's a bit like Ivory soap, but with a little light musk tossed in. Not as "sharp" as Ivory - and a bit more complex.

sherryxfilesfan
sherryxfilesfan

I guess I remember using a different Ivory soap than everyone else. To me that is what I get...pure Ivory soap! Not masculine or feminine...just clean good ol Ivory soap. I love that they put a rubber ducky on the icon, because you can't wear this stuff and not feel SQUEAKY CLEAN! I am different than the majority...most people use the term "soapy" as a derogatory term in the fragrance world...however that is an accord I strive to acquire in my collection.
It's a love here!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

wouldn't have purchased this. received it as a free gift with an order. so far it's been the most long-lasting Demeter scent i've tried. and one of the more headache-inducing. it doesn't smell like Ivory. and it doesn't smell like soap, either (as in unscented old fashioned soap). it's a very high-pitched, ozone-y scent. definitely leans toward the masculine, i think.

firstinthedance

I like this a lot. It is a "just stepped out of the shower" sort of refreshing smell. However, it smells NOTHING like Ivory soap. This fragrance is much sweeter. It is a very girlie soap smell. Perhaps like Caress?

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I agree with reviews that say this does not smell like Ivory soap, there is no creaminess. It does, on my skin, smell like heavy detergent flakes.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Johnson Johnson LOL where the notes at in this stuff

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I really hoped this smelled like Ivory (my fave soap) i have 10 bars in my house right now.. Sadly this does not smell anything like Ivory! I do like this scent, especially after taking a shower but it really does not last! I think i will try layering it on top of Dolce Light Blue and see what happens.. If anyone knows a real parfum that smells like Ivory please let me know!!

Musselille
Musselille

VERY SWEET soap cent. And with very sweet, I mean a little too sweet! If it smelled a little less sweet and maybe a little more fresh, I would like it much better. I will finish the bottle, but not buy it again.

Repogirl
Repogirl

I love this simple, pure, clean and fresh scent. It smells just like the name indicates, soap!

I don't think this smells anything like Ivory soap as some of the reviews indicate. I create my own fragrance and body products and I have a line based on the Ivory scent and Pure Soap smells nothing like it in my opinion. It definitely smells like soap though, just a different soap.

For me, the staying power is poor but for the price, you can layer it on with lotion to give it a boost. If you are looking for a simple soap and shower fresh scent, this is a good choice. Personally, I love to smell clean and shower fresh all day, this fragrance does just that. Love it!

ivory soap, right out of the shower freshness. thats what this smells like and i love it. reminds me of avon mark pure, not exact but that clean vibe is the same. very light and nice. lasts about 3 good hours on me.

mortderire
mortderire

I spent twenty minutes today deciding between this & "clover" & went w/ pure soap because it reminds me of a shower in a bottle (not a substitution for one, of course). The smell evokes a sense of innocence for me & really captures that classic bar-of-soap smell. I feel like this is something you could wear & get away w/ some naughty behaviour of your choice in and no one would suspect you of anything simply because you're smelling so soft, sweet & clean. I could aslo this as being an excellent scent for layering as it is quite sheer & has minimal projection. That said I've had it on for a few hours & it's still going strong. Definitely a staple in my wardrobe.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

Absolutely love this, its my new signature scent. Layered over st.ives deep restorative lotion after a shower and it smells shower fresh all day. I dont smell any flowers or anything like some other reviews are saying, but all I smell is pure soap! Like a classic white bar of soap, not a masculine soap though.

naheed
naheed

Pure soap can be categorized as clean fragrance if nothing else. There's nothing remarkable about it and can be best worn after shower when you are just going to spend a day at home and want that clean feel of shower for a bit longer, though there are better smelling soaps out there on the market.

It smells soapy right from the beginning with a prominent hint of synthetic musk and a mix of floral notes. The more it settles the more it smells soapy which we usually smell after shower.

calyx93
calyx93

Loud laundry musk scent with touch of lilac and aldehydes. I initially thought it smelled of Ivory, but as it dries down, it becomes its own weird creature.

I keep mine in the bathroom as an air freshener - right beside the Demeter Laundromat - they're sort of "sisters" in their synthetic cleanliness. It's just something I couldn't imagine wearing on my skin.

Olefact
Olefact

Smells nothing like Ivory soap, and I grew up with Ivory so I should know. Just shows you need to be careful about which reviews you go by. Doesn't even smell much like soap. There's a hint of lily of the valley, something sour though not citric, and, uh, is there such a thing as a plastic note? If it weren't for the bottle, I'd have thought I was smelling some sort of industrial cleanser. I can't believe people wear this.

Irishfire
Irishfire

I don't think it smells anything like Ivory Soap, which is what I was hoping for. I grew up on a resort, and to me this smells like the small cakes of boutique facial soap we used to put in each bathroom. Nice, yes; soapy, yes. Just not Ivory.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Truth in advertising is exemplified in Demeter Pure Soap. If you like the fleeting smell of lye-rich, chemically-scented soap, then this extends that shower experience into your morning commute.

powerpuffruth
powerpuffruth

Does what it says on the tin :) Exactly like soap, Good fun :)

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I don't remember this Ivory soap...maybe it's never been used in Italy! But this demeter I've tried today - I don't know way - reminds me my childhood! I found some demeter very synthetic, but this is really clean, simply and lovely (maybe it works with my chemistry...How I would like to love Vanilla cake batter, but on me it's really bad and "plasticky"...so sad): it's like your skin just washed in a sunny and hot summer day! I like it, as I like similar fragrances: Alessandro Dell'Acqua eau de toilette, L'eté en douce by L'Artisan Parfumeur, Sweet honesty by Avon.

sofiii
sofiii

Pure Soap is really true to its name if the soap here we are talking about is the type of white, simple, supermarket home brand soap, which normally have a hint of discreet floral smell and the powdery/soap smell which makes you think of clean white towels. Somehow Pure Soap bares a similar essence as Prada Infusion Fleur D’oranger, of course Pure Soap doesn’t have any singular typical distinguishable floral notes.

The drawback of this Demeter perfume is, the blast of Vodka smell in the beginning is quite off-putting and the sillage or lasting power is quite poor.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

I really loved this one when I first bought it. I love anything that smells clean. :) But there is something chemical and sickening about it. My nose tells me that it shouldn't smell this way? This isn't what it seems and can't figure out why the nausea... so so sad. I really wanted to like this one... gave it away to a friend. It unfortunately gives me a headache even in small doses. Goodbye, Pure Soap... it was almost love. :) lol. So sorry.

flowermom
flowermom

as i really only wear subtle clean smelling perfumes this really does have that lovely soapy smell with out being too soapy!! in fact the only negative is it doesnt stay on the skin for very long! i think it prob has an hour staying power so needs to be constantly applied which is a real shame!

I agree, this smells exactly like Ivory soap. They got it exact. Still, not my favorite scent to smell like. (I prefer a Camay scent if I'm going to smell like soap...!)

crumbling_images
crumbling_images

Smells just like Ivory Soap. I love it. Simple.

Pure Soap by Demeter Fragrance 3.61 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Pure Soap fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Pure Soap, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Soap by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Soap by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.