Designers » D E » « Groups

Rain Demeter Fragrance for women and men

Rain Demeter Fragrance for women and men
dislike

Rain is a fragrance presented in April 2009. It is very strange and almost impossible to describe, since it reinterprets a complex moment of rain in spring. Rain is the purest and the most crystal-like perfume of the entire Demeter collection. It is available as 15ml purse spray, 15ml cologne spray, 30ml cologne spray, 125ml cologne spray...

New Zealand
Aramis Always for Him
Private Collection Psychotrope

Rain Fragrance Reviews

smellavision
smellavision

Judging by the name I’m pretty sure this was supposed to smell like rain, so the question is : did Demeter succeed in capturing the smell that so many people love ?

In short I’d say no. I mean it smells ok, opening with rather sharp floor cleaner notes but within a short period morphing into something sweet, slightly cucumber calone-like that ends up like so many other so-called aquatics. It’s rather fresh, soapy and clean and could easily be marketed as a unisex “cologne” in the vein of 4711 (or even a contemporary men’s beach scent) etc. without anyone raising an eyebrow.
It is very green to me and rather than rain, I envision leaves in a newly watered blooming garden.

Nothing to dislike, but a rather ordinary scent of chemical melon with a poor longevity.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

This fragrance is very interesting. It's made up of all the notes that evoke water. That being said it has water, alcohol, and aldehydes and aquatic notes. This is chemically created to resemble rain as it's falling and you're out in the rain, that wetness and that smell because falling rain does have a smell. It's hard to capture it in a bottle but this did a decent job. The notes that create the effect include watermelon, melon, aquatic notes (which just means water and aldehydes). It's sparkling and a tad unusual but I like it. Because it's fresh I wear it as an after shower scent. It does not last long and in fact it's over like a rain that doesn't last more than 30 minutes, but I like it. And I have worn it on rainy days. That's when the scent really kicks in.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

This simply smells of melon. It is a single note of melon, very light, fades quickly, fresh, great for spring, good for teenage girls as a first perfume.

zapling
zapling

it does smell like water, but it's not that rain-after-drought scent I was looking for. it smells to 'green' for that.

guillermostf

CLeeK: i tried spray and roll on versions. The roll on maybe last longer than spray bottle, but the projection is weaker. Oil's less volatile than alcohol, so you have to get your nose very near the skin to smell it.

CLeeK
CLeeK

I love this scent, but I have only tried the spray version. Would anyone who has tried the perfume oil roll on version tell me if it lasts any longer than the spray? Or is it just that all Demeters are short-lived, across the board? Thx!

frusia
frusia

It really does smell of rain :) It's a wonderful fragrance but so very short lived.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Spicy grassy smell at the opening, which then becomes aquatic cucumber with a slightly powdery undertone in the drydown. The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 5 hours. Unfortunately, on me, Demeter Rain does not smell like actual rain at all. I would not particularly recommend it as a 'rain' fragrance.

mejohann
mejohann

At first spray I thought "What? Ugh, fail Demeter, this SO does not smell like rain." I was disgruntled and went about my chores. A few minutes later I went outside with the garbage and it began to rain and the air around me was filled with a pungent smell. Could it be? Yes. It most certainly was! Demeter had NAILED IT AGAIN!

Apparently when storm fronts move in, especially in wooded/forested areas like mine(MN) the barometric pressure changes and the plants and trees release oils into the air and are carried in the wind. This causes a very particular smell. This is what Demeter bottled in "Rain".

I was totally shocked. And very impressed :)

guillermostf

i tryed it and smells like water in a metal bowl with some green and citric. After 50-60 minutes, it smells on my skin like tool box, very metalic, wet and metalic. Rare one.

Kngn
Kngn

It does smell wet. A synthetic, green smell. A little sour perhaps. I'm not sure how it smells like rain though. Not a fan.

Zurich
Zurich

Wet green garden leaves.

guillermostf

reading your comments, i only get ansious to smell this scent someday. y try to imagine it, i hope this scent smells like when you put water on warm earth. try it, it smells exactly like rain.

bobo1
bobo1

Watermelon and camphor.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

Nice one! My small splash bottle of Rain arrived today, as I was curious about some of the nature-inspired scents Demeter makes. I find this scent light and pleasant. It has an initial cucumber-like freshness with a touch of violet or other elusive floral, along with lightly scratched orange peel. When I try to smell it globally from a bit farther away, and when it has dried down a bit, it could be reminiscent of that just-starting-to-rain smell when large summer drops hit warm, dusty pavement. On the whole, a good value, as it is fun and smells more interesting and complex than the affordable price it can be bought at.

jesz
jesz

This totally reminds me of rain.

aristocrat
aristocrat

Really disliked this fragrance after initial purchase which was a blind buy. The best way I could desribe my first impressions was the smell of singed damp clothes! If you've ever tried eagerly to dry a damp garment infront of an open fire and got it too close... that horrible singed smell it gives off, thats what this fragrance reminded me of!
Even with the dry down it still seemed somewhat overly chemical and synthetic. At first thought about maybe using it as a room freshner but I give it a few more shots and eventually it won me over, others have commented on how clean and fresh it is! I don't get the singed damp garment impression from it anymore. Now it reminds me of Vodka!
I'm most likey to reach for this one after a nice hot shower on a really rainy day!!
I guess shower fresh + rainy day = demeter rain for me!!

Isadrael
Isadrael

"Rain" is my favorite fragrance,
perhaps because even if it's bottled,
it doesn't feel like a perfume at all.

Jellybean
Jellybean

green aquatic; cypressy too.
too perfumey for rain scent.
it stinks up with time:/

FetishVogue
FetishVogue

Smells just like the moment before the rain in the Maldives :)

Exiihra
Exiihra

Clean, crisp and pure.
"Rain" really smells like rain to me, and it's a complex, innocent, yet attractive scent at the same time. One of my favourites!

An interpretation of the rain that you can easily find in one of those scratch and sniff books for 3-4 years old children. Puerile.

sofiii
sofiii

Rain is quite a perfume somewhat captured one type of the nice feeling rain, in a tropical place full of green, lush vegetations, might smell like. It starts off quite sweet, as in a zest citrusy sweet smell without too much of the typical citrusy-ness. Somehow I think I can smell a little bit fir, and sometimes a tiny hint of pepper which brings out the coolness of the perfume.

As the perfume develops, it gets a little bit stale, like a water-downed version of the above, and totally minus the fir-like cooling and open-space/forest smell.

Nice perfume, interesting to try on. I actually find it works nicely as a traditional cologne with a modern leafy sweet twist.

Okay, this really does not smell like rain to me.

For most of my life I lived in the country, so I know the scent of rain on either green or dry grass, gravel and forests. I also know what the scent of rain on pavements and roadsides smell like. While I don't mind the scent of rain, it's not a favourite.

Rain by Demeter strikes me as being too citrusy and watery. Natural rain has more of a musty smell. This trickery of a scent has a clean laundry kind of smell to it as well.

I'm somewhat disappointed seeming that I was only having a conversation with a friend the other day about bottling the scent of rain, and became rather excited about testing this. I can't get past the citrus layers.

Surprisingly Rain lasts a relatively long time, especially on the skin, which is rare for a Demeter scent. It's a pity that the lasting Demeter couldn't be a fragrance I liked.

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Imagine the hottest day in summer of your childhood, sweating while doing just nothing, earth and plants screeming for water and then there comes the rain. It's cool refreshing rain drops on the hot streets, to me. Nothing else, maybe a hint of wet pure soil, but most of it, it's the still sunwarm street mingling with the pure scent of rain drops, very likable.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I love Rain - especially on a hot humid summer day! Unlike Thunderstorm, which has a moldy wet-dirt and ozone overtone, THIS down-pour is fresh and clean.

Makes me feel like I'm sitting in tall grasses by a mountain lake with cool raindrops falling on my skin in the middle of a summer shower.

Lasting power is about the same as other Demeter frags I've tried...two to three hours for me. But hey, it cools me down! :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Demeter Fragrance Rain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Demeter Fragrance Rain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rain by Demeter Fragrance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rain by Demeter Fragrance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.