Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Perfectly Marvelous Diana Vreeland for women

Perfectly Marvelous Diana Vreeland for women
dislike

Perfectly Marvelous Diana Vreeland for women Pictures Perfectly Marvelous Diana Vreeland for women Pictures Perfectly Marvelous Diana Vreeland for women Pictures

What inspired perfumer Celine Barel was Diana Vreeland’s statement on the occasion of creating the fragrance Perfectly Marvelous: "If that's not passion, if there is no smoke, if there is no fire, you have not lived at all." The composition resulted in memorable blend of lacquered red sandalwood spiced with pimento, framed in a bouquet of white jasmine. Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Perfectly Marvelous was launched in 2014.

Sandalwood Jasmine Pimento

Nuit de Tubereuse

Perfectly Marvelous Fragrance Reviews

oktober
oktober

what? jasmine? No no no. This is a freesia perfume from top to bottom. A perfectly marvelous one. :) FREESIA !

LizzieDee

Here's an update: as you might expect, the jasmine disappeared first over time (about 4 hours). The sandalwood faded next, leaving a very soft spicy oriental, much softer than, for example, Opium. At every stage, it was still lovely. The following day it was gone from my wrist, but when I picked up my watch, the most divine and subtle scent had been absorbed by the leather strap, including the jasmine, and a day later I could still smell it from time to time.

LizzieDee

PS if I didn't know that this was a new range, I could easily have been convinced that it was a classic I just hadn't come across before, maybe even as old as Mitsouko. I am not saying that this is like Mitsouko, because it really isn't, but I find a lot of modern launches lack individuality whereas Perfectly Marvellous (not Simply Marvellous, as I said below - I'm not finding the names in this range helpful!) has its own character.

LizzieDee

I smelled this before I checked it online to find out what I was supposed to be getting, and what came across first of all was the sandalwood swiftly followed by the jasmine. Jasmine and sandalwood isn't that rare a combination - Samsara comes to mind - but in this particular perfume the sandalwood has real depth and the effect is somehow much richer. At first sniff, I wasn't able to identify the pimiento, musk and spices that I now know are also in this fragrance, but they make their presence felt in this richness. This perfume smells rare, exclusive and expensive, and quite bewitching. It actually is expensive, but I am seriously tempted to splash out.

By the way, I smelled the other fragrances in this range before deciding that Simply Marvellous was the one I wanted to test on my skin, and having looked on the website I now know that sandalwood is an ingredient in several of them. It is interesting how the various perfumers who created this range have all started with the same inspiration (Diana Vreeland) and similar ingredients and yet have created perfumes that are all distinctively different from each other.

duskangel101
duskangel101

A very creamy, rounded, jasmine scent. The jasmine is enriched with a dense musk and sandalwood undertone. Very rich, expensive-smelling, and long-lasting, I would say. Not terribly unique but a commendable execution of luxury and quality that I'm sure many white-floral lovers would eat right up.

danieq
danieq

I'm wearing a sample from the Neiman Marcus cataloge, so not certain how accurate this is. However, I get a lot of Jasmine and a lot of musk. I'd say this is a great cozy, comfort scent.

Lavventuravitti
Lavventuravitti

I find this fragrance to smell much more of sandalwood and a bit of jasmine. It is intriguing, deep, chic, not for everybody. Unisex.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Notes here are lacking. This is what I found:

Indian jasmine absolute, Red sandalwood, Pimento, Jasmine sambac, Cashmeran, Resins, Spices

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diana Vreeland Perfectly Marvelous fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diana Vreeland Perfectly Marvelous, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perfectly Marvelous by Diana Vreeland. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perfectly Marvelous by Diana Vreeland represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Lanvin Arpege Marni Marni Guerlain Eau de Shalimar Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Tom Ford Velvet Orchid Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 Une Nuit a Doha Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris Byredo Black Saffron Tom Ford Noir de Noir Houbigant Chantilly Jil Sander Jil Sander No 4 Chopard Casmir Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Van Cleef & Arpels First Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Tom Ford Black Orchid S4P Aurisse Roja Dove Parfum De La Nuit No 3