Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Simply Divine Diana Vreeland for women

Simply Divine Diana Vreeland for women

Simply Divine Diana Vreeland for women Pictures Simply Divine Diana Vreeland for women Pictures Simply Divine Diana Vreeland for women Pictures

Clement Gavarry composes a unique blend dedicated to floral notes of tuberose as the central notes of the composition which include fresh crushed leaves and nutmeg accords. The fragrance highlights its floral heart with Tunisian orange blossom absolute and Egyptian jasmine absolute. Floral shades are deepened with Indian sandalwood and softened with Italian orris root, cashmere wood, tonka and sensual musk. Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Simply Divine was launched in 2014.

Green Leaves Nutmeg

Tuberose Orange Blossom Egyptian Jasmine

Sandalwood Cashmere Wood Tonka Bean Musk

Simply Divine

Simply Divine Fragrance Reviews

Soapy. Pleasant. Overpriced. That's it.

So glad I stumbled upon this fragrance at Neimans. The bottles are gorgeous and draw you in to be sprayed. Diana Vreeland got this one right because it really is divine! My favorite out of the line.
I've been looking for a new and upcoming tuberose scent and this is THE ONE. No buttery turberose here, which is my preference. You really cannot ask for a better composition in a turberose. It's like a match made in heaven, and I want to swim in the clouds.

Update: After wearing this fragrance for a few days, I've come to realize that the longevity isn't good on my skin. On paper, the tuberose note lasts at least a day or two. On my skin the tuberose vanishes within 2-3 hours and then turns very green. I am so disappointed, but I wouldn't mind reapplying it multiple times a day just to smell the opening notes. I doubt I'll pay full price for a bottle, so I'll wait to buy it cheaper.

I don't normally like tuberose but this is well done. Intoxicating and pleasant. Not niche quality despite the price. The bottles are beautiful.

Simply Divine by Diana Vreeland is and extraordinarily beautiful perfume. It evokes a more romantic age of the 1920’s and yet is quite vibrant and modern. It is a class act that is as sophisticated as cocktails in smart evening clothes and as chic as a Renaissance red cap is with black jeans and a black tee shirt. It has a shimmering vibrancy that is inviting to both men and women. It is gorgeous, an instant classic.

This floral fragrance is all about the garden. Smelling it on the spray nozzle or on paper it is purely white flowers. The scent is dominated by tuberose, but not your everyday tuberose. On the skin, on my skin it turns to the greens of the garden and the flowers fall back and take a secondary place. It is very much like a country garden in high summer where the heat invigorates the lush green leaves and they fill the air. It is not a summer fragrance. No this one is for the fall and winter. And in wearing it in those seasons it is a remembrance of summers past. The nose behind Simply Divine is Clement Gavarry, who is also known for among others, Black Violet by Tom Ford, Armani Code, Prada Amber and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. He also created Extravagance Russe for Diana Vreeland.

It opens with very bright green leaves and a dash of nutmeg. This combo is immediately married to the tuberose and the three notes entwine and complement each other for the entire performance of the perfume. Orange blossoms and jasmine are there in the background to lend the idea of the rest of the garden but overall it is green.

In the dry down the base notes come up with powdered sandalwood and lush cashmere wood. There is a vanilla hint that is lent to the base by tonka bean. And it is all held in place to the end by a clean slightly soapy layer of musk.

On my skin it plays overtly uni-sex. It lasted well over twelve hours on my skin and the silage bubble reached out about two feet for most of the day. It is a green fragrance that hangs in a place between a classic floral and a Chypre which will make it accessible to men who don’t mind being simply divine. When I wore this perfume it garnered more complements than I have every gotten on from almost any other perfume. Women loved it and men wanted to know what it was and were they could get a bottle.

I am really impressed with the entire line of perfumes by the house of Diana Vreeland. And it was hard to choose which one to purchase. They like the woman who inspired them are bold, commanding and impressive. These perfumes have something to say and what they talk about is always interesting. In the end I realized that if you are going to dive into the Diana Vreeland pool you have to jump head first into the deep end. So I chose the most spectacular of the five in the line.Simply Divine.

Diana Vreeland was called the Empress of Fashion, the editor in chief of both Harpers Bazaar and Vogue she changed the face of fashion in America and the world. As Lauren Hutton said about her, “She was an upside down original!” The man behind the perfume line is Alexander Vreeland, the grandson of Mrs. Vreeland. His life long intention has been to create something that captures the essence of his beloved and extraordinary grandmother. How perfect a way to do this is perfume? I had the great privilege to be able to tell Alexander Vreeland that he had succeeded in his dream to honor her and that he has done his grandmother proud.

SIMPLY DIVINE Five Platinum Stars *****

(For the rest of the story behind this perfume check out my blog Scents Memory)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diana Vreeland Simply Divine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diana Vreeland Simply Divine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Simply Divine by Diana Vreeland. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Simply Divine by Diana Vreeland represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Mitzah Christian Dior Oud Ispahan Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Diptyque Volutes Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Christian Dior Ambre Nuit Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Diptyque Do Son Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Misia The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest Byredo Bal d'Afrique Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant Norell Norell Tom Ford Atelier d'Orient Shanghai Lily Christian Dior Cuir Cannage Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia