Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Tatiana Diane von Furstenberg for women

Tatiana Diane von Furstenberg for women
dislike

tuberose
Tatiana Diane von Furstenberg for women Pictures Tatiana Diane von Furstenberg for women Pictures

Tatiana perfume from the fashion house Diane von Furstenberg was launched in 1975, packed in bottles designed by Serge Mansau.

Top notes: bergamot, hyacinth and orange blossom. Heart: gardenia, jasmine, narcissus, rose and tuberose. Base: amber, musk and sandalwood.

Available as EDP.

African Orange flower Hyacinth Bergamot

Jasmine Narcissus Gardenia Tuberose Rose

Musk Sandalwood Amber

Honeysuckle & Jasmine

Tatiana Fragrance Reviews

vv1978
vv1978

The original Tatiana smells like the original Sung by Alfred Sung. Both of these originals mixed with my body chemistry very well, these are the top 2 perfumes which I received the most compliments on from men, and women of every age! Attracted many admirers with both of these original formulas. Very Femme refreshing and pleasing. The originals lingered and smelled lovely even after 24hrs.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

What a splendid floral....... Tatiana could easily be Orange blossom, Gardenia, Tuberose Heaven!

I never smelled the original to compare ~ and as is typical of me ~ didn't even discover Tatiana until the 2000's. What a shame, as this lovely scent has been discontinued. I bought my first bottle at Walmart, while I was still a one - bottle - girl. Other than a garage sale Avon, Tatiana was the first perfume I purchased for Myself. I WILLED that first bottle to last an entire year, a result of my parents' teaching that perfume was an unnecessary extravagance. I Know better now. :)

Currently I have more than one backup bottle, so if anyone would like my extra 1 oz, I'm open to a US swap!

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

Only the original formula will do. My first bottle of Tatiana came from my best friend MJ. We were in high school, and I am sure she spent a full paycheck on me! She is still the most generous and giving person know. I think of her ever time I smell it! Fuchsia lipstick, a Halston disco outfit, and sneaking underage into a dance club! The excitement, the thrill of the forbidden!

Thatkid
Thatkid

I wore this in High School because my grandma Joy gave me some because her daughter used to wear it. I LOVE IT. Need to find more though.

nananessa
nananessa

I went through probably a half dozen bottles of this MOST STUNNING Gardenia Queen after it came out in the 70s. My X-Mother-In-Law introduced me to it when it came out & I was as smitten with it as she was. It was my favorite for a long time. I loved Diane's wrap-dress designs, her Book of Beauty, & agreed with her so much in what she wanted in her fragrance(s) & makeup line. She made a lipgloss in a little round pot that looked like darkly colored grape jelly that was one of the best lip glosses I have EVER used, in that it stained the lip like a kiss of wine, stayed on for hours & hours & tasted good. Like her, I love books, read a lot & collect them & have even copied some of her own home decorating techniques with books. And to top it all off, we share the same name! So I was & remain a BIG fan of this trend-setting designer.

If I recall correctly, I believe she named this gorgeous floral after her daughter, Tatiana.

She is quoted as saying that she doesn't believe that a woman should smell like food, fruits, candies & such that are so popular right now. She prefers florals, woods, resins, musks, etc., & I have found through the years in my fragrance preferences I tend to agree with her there, also.

Tatiana was so popular in it's hey-day other companies began scurrying to come out with their own version of a bold, fresh, gardenia floral to compete, but Tatiana was the best of them all. Our local Belk's had a hard time keeping it in stock for a while there! A 70s Diva that was a more modern spin on the earlier classic Jungle Gardenia by Tuvache. But Tatiana had a more sparkling, light quality.

If you love gardenia, tuberose, narcissus...the original is addicting, possessing the wearer's heart forevermore.

undrh2oluvr
undrh2oluvr

Does anyone else smell cinnamon in this after it calms down for a while?

Jyllian

I was wondering if they still sell this ..because my mother said she use to wear this and she was hoping to find another bottle of it for nostalgia..is it stil sold in stores? if

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I just received a tiny vintage bottle of Tatiana....and I love it! Really, really love it! At first I thought it reminded me of some lily scented perfume I bought in the Bahamas as a teenager, but when I read the review that referenced White Shoulders (Evyan only), I realised that that is the scent it is similar to. For years I thought I hated WS, probably because of the image the name conjured up, but one day I tried it and fell in love. Tatiana has the same saturated floral smell, maybe a little less intense (no aldehydes?). I love Chanel, but sometimes I DO want to smell like a flower.

jckp27
jckp27

I have Tatiana because it's my name!! it smells totally like a bouquet of honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenia, and freesia.

scentedrat
scentedrat

How I loved this one when it first came out! I was a teenager and it was the first perfume I ever really wore, and got compliments all the time. It used to be such a beautiful sweet floral, and now it is a vulgar, shrieking mess. How on Earth can it even go by the same name? I bought a bottle a few years ago and just couldn't believe how awful it was. What a disappointment. There has never been another perfume that smelled as good on me as the original Tatiana.

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is great on me after 5 minutes. Initially there is a sour bit that is off putting, but then it becomes a sensual floral musk that is divine! I love DVF the designer,and have splurged for some of her amazing silk dresses and blouses over the years, and this arrangement suits that breezy, comfortable aesthetic to a tee.

Kiku
Kiku

Oh, what did they do to this little beauty?! I wore it when it first came out in the mid-70's. It was a heady mix of jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, and narcissus. It was sensual, intoxicating, passionate, and mysterious. Now it smells like Brasso, the metal polish soldiers use to polish their brass. I was an army brat, I know this smell: soapy, waxy, chemical. I guess charitibly you could say Tatiana now smells clean and soapy. But truthfully you can't say it smells like perfume. Vies with Maja for the worst reformulation ever.

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

This was "my" cologne when I was a girl. The smell of hyacinth. The crystal-like bottle shape. Memories! Found it and tried it more recently, but found it to be too intense, not quite what I remembered.

papergurl
papergurl

Tatiana reminds me of my decade older sister and her von Furstenberg wrap knit dresses in the 70's. She had wood prints, leopard/animal prints and they looked so chic on her. My girlfriends and I would go to Bloomingdale's for lunch and split a bleu cheeseberger in Ondine. We would buy our Charlie makeup and cologne, our monet hoop earrings and spritz ourselves with Tatiana -feeling oh so grown up and sophisticated. I purchased a bottle last year online for under $20, it smells as I remember, with a little sharpness, but it must be the reformulation. I save it for humid days and spray with a light hand. I am not a gardenia/tuberrose fan, but there is a time and place for a heady flower mix. Like my Jessica McClintock, they have a place in my collection. Appropriate for a wedding or Shakespeare in the park...A Midsummer Night's Dream" perhaps.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

Ive had this perfume back in the 80's and it was a good popular scent that time. Today, in my mid 40's , this perfume gives me a big headache when I smell it. It has passed its glory days in my humble opinion. I wouldn't want someone to smell it on me and say " she smells like my grandma use to smell like" ..:(

gazelle
gazelle

I wish I hadn't worn it today. The EDP was too potent -apparently three sprays was too much. When 22 seventh graders pinched their noses-my only option was to go wash it off. I never got to smell the amber, musk, and sandalwood. Maybe next time I'll start with one spray.

apassionforscent
apassionforscent

I was taking an afternoon walk with my mama down a chic shopping strip, when we decided to step into a perfume store together. I suddenly marveled at the sight of the beautiful Tatiana bottle! All my childhood memories began to flood my mind! I remembered how I used to wear Tatiana all the time while I was a little girl! It was my signature scent as a child! I asked the saleslady if I could take a whiff of the scent and when I did, it spun back all my wondrous childhood memories in the air and all around me! I didn't even realize that I had a signature scent as a child, until today! : )

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I just tried my bottle for the first trial wearing last night.It reminds me of Coty's Sand&Sable in the beginning with the Tuberose and some Orange Blossom (sweet OB btw)then some soft,soapy Gardinia pokes it's head into the mix .Hmm...so far okay..then a very sweet powdery note rears up and dominates ...Eeeurrrggghhh.Screechhing halt Orange blossom + Hyacinth= powdery "SWEETviolet" smell to my nose -VERY like White Shoulders (which isn't a favorite but is slightly better in the vintage Evyan.)This is going from my 'drobe either my Mom ,Gram,pass to someone as extra.Whatever. I do not like this scent for myself (I also think my skin may be sweet musky type and this blend of floral just intensifies some notes out of proportion on me .) Partly I think my reaction to the blend may also be that I thought this was a '70's/80's frag and on me it's a reformulated '20's scent so expectations weren't met.

weaversouth
weaversouth

I actually followed a stranger down the street in NYC to ask what fragrance she had on. New Yorkers are, contrary to rumour, actually NOT freaked out if a total stranger comes up and asks about their perfume. (-; Of course, the fact that I looked kind of chic helped!
I have LOVED this every since. It's my "go to" for Summer and Spring. I also like Chanel #5 and the Dior fragrances, but love this for in-between. I recently gave my fav kid, who is going on 16, a bottle, telling her it was time for her to start wearing more grown-up fragrances.
she was thrilled.

astamm62
astamm62

I love Tatiana,this was the first scent I bought when I was 16 in 1978 at Macys.Tatiana was the scent I wore when I was dating my boyfriend now my husband together for 31 years.For me it's good memories scent.

miahreis
miahreis

I agree that this perfume smells similar to White Shoulders. A lady wore this and WS that was a resident at the nursing home I used to work, who became my adopted Great Grandmother. I thought this always suited her because she was a lady who always cared about her appearance, and it smells like what a proper lady would wear. she gave me a little tester bottle and I spray it occasionally. I wear this or White shoulders if I'm going out in the evening wearing a little black dress, a string of pearls and classic high heeled pumps. I wouldn't say this is an old lady scent (I don't believe there's such a thing, I mean, who can explain what an old lady smells like?) it's definitely not girly, just ultra feminine. Love both!

Cutie
Cutie

I remember testing and "not liking" it some time ago. I read the reviews and purchased it thinking that I may like it now. I tried it again yesterday. I really wanted to like it. (I love the name ;-D) To me it smells similar to "White Shoulders" even though there are not a lot of similar notes in these perfumes. I envision this perfume to be my every-day conservative winter smell. (WS for spring/summer).

I guess my husband did not like it too much but politely said: "It's so-so. You have better ones."

The longevity and silage are OK. I agree with @Malia, that to appreciate the perfume you must wait for dry down notes. Overall, I will give it 6.5/10.

Yamile
Yamile

I had it in the early eightieths, I loved it, not as much as Anais but I did...I feel that now it smells a little bit different, it is not the same. Same feeling with Anais Anais, something changed there.

Fonna
Fonna

I first experienced this fragrance working in a cosmetic factory (lucky me, right?)
Initially, it was okay. Reminded me a little of Jean Nate for some reason.
It's very powdery- orange smelling, that's the best I describe it.
I guess the real reason why I like this fragrance so much is because it's so darn hard to find....and we all like a challenge!
Of course, when the Tatiana Body Oil was beaming at me on the shelf in this odd lot shop (unused and unopen, btw), I just had to buy it.
The oil is not like the perfume. It has a sort of rubbery smell to it, but soon wears off.

Yah-el
Yah-el

I like it a lot. It's sweet with a surprise secret note. I'm pretty sure it's made by fairies.

oh my gosh, i loved this perfume. a delicate floral that lasted all day. always had this one in my rotation and for some reason i remember i loved wearing this to weddings. i wonder if it still smells the same. it truly was an awesome scent.

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

I used to like smelling this from my mom when I was a teenager. but now that she has a bottle again of this, whenever she use this I feel sick and dizzy. Maybe it was really reformulated? I actually asked her not to use it when I am around.She is staying and here with me for one year as a tourist in Australia, so yeah, she hasn't used it for a year and the bottle is just sitting there in her wardrobe for a long time now!!

guest_oulds
guest_oulds

RkrChk is so right when she said that the formula for tatiana has changed. This is my fav. perfume during years that I cant even afford to buy perfumes. But now that I can, it's different from the perfume I want to buy. Will you suggest a similar scent. thanks!

RkrChk
RkrChk

Well...I bought this one not too long ago at a mall fragrance shop...The formula DID seem to have changed...I don't recall a chemical note at the mid notes stage in the original formula...It seems the gardenia & tuberose have been altered by this chemical addition...That being said, the drydown is a little sad and uneventful...

pansylady
pansylady

This was one of my first white flower experiences- and it was exquisite! I can only hope that it hasn't been reformulated beyond recognition-

Tatiana by Diane von Furstenberg 3.63 out of 5 based on 123 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diane von Furstenberg Tatiana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Diane von Furstenberg Tatiana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tatiana by Diane von Furstenberg. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tatiana by Diane von Furstenberg represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.