Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Diesel Green Feminine Diesel for women

Diesel Green Feminine Diesel for women
dislike

cinnamon

Diesel Green Feminine by Diesel is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Diesel Green Feminine was launched in 2004. Top notes are lime and ginger; middle notes are carnation, iris, orange blossom, cinnamon, jasmine, cloves and rose; base notes are amber, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Lime Ginger

Carnation iris Orange Blossom Cinnamon Jasmine Cloves Rose

Amber Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Cedar

Feminite du Bois
Bois et Fruits

Diesel Green Feminine Fragrance Reviews

Mari_on_net_te
Mari_on_net_te

What a nice surprise, this perfume!
Smells like a medicine only at the beginning. When you give it time to settle, it will develope, most beautifully in my case.
It was like opening boxes with presents, hidden in one another, every single one more beautiful than the previous one.
This fragrance is rich and intriguing, like forest after the hot, summer rain. I could smell both fresh leaves- and wet black dirt :)
I got almost all the stages, from ginger&lime, through cinammon, down to delicate amber that stays close to your skin for hours.
To me it's like Lalique's Perles, but summer, sunny edition :)

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

This baby is so much more than anti-bug spray. It is very spicy in the beginning and very pleasant flowery scent when it settles down a little bit.
Reminds me of CK Secret Obsession.

GingaCat
GingaCat

I bought this many years ago, very cheap and fell in love with it immediately. It reminds me of Tibetan Incense. It's wonderfully unusual and on me is more woody ( a little like oudh) than citrus, in fact I don't get any citrus. There is to my nose a touch of coriander - that sweaty kind of smell, but not unpleasant. I still have this perfume and despite it's age it still smells good. I like the design of the bottle but it's a pain to use! If I ever see another bottle I will buy it. I like to wear this in autumn because of it's damp woody smell. I love it.

emmsplace91
emmsplace91

I think this is a really hidden gem, it's a shame it's discontinued.

I have a fondness for bottles that resemble things other than perfume bottles, so was automatically attracted to this one. The bottle also actually looks a lot nicer in real life than in pictures.

I mainly pick up on the lime, ginger and cinnamon in this, all of which I adore in general but the way they work together here is really nice. I also love the amber, musk and vanilla in the base, most of my favourite scents seem to have a mixture of these in the base, so that's unsurprising.

To my nose, the rest of this is just a really nice smelling mixture, it's very syrupy. It's quite sweet but has a spicy undertone.

The longevity is decent for an edt. I often experience fragrance disappearing really quickly on me, but this isn't too bad.

I found there's the perfect level of sillage with this one as I'm usually able to smell this on myself which I really appreciate but I didn't feel like it was anything overpowering where it might bother people around you.

Gekka-Bijin
Gekka-Bijin

Strange and unique. Just what I like. Slightly unisex but the carnation makes it feel feminine.
Does anyone else think of a Moscow mule? Ginger ale, vodka and lime juice? Maybe made with a vodka infused with spices. Served to you by someone wearing a red hot carnation boutonniere:) Also, does anyone know the nose(s) behind this? For all who dismiss it I think you'd be surprised at what notes this frag kicks off your skin during its stay. Some folks only smell the spice. Others just seem to get the floral or lime gingerness. As the wearer I experience them all interchangeably.

mellybabydoll
mellybabydoll

I bought this one several years ago, so my memory has faded a bit, but I swear I can almost still smell this when I think of it. It was VERY strong, very medicinal, very lime-y, very very spicy but in a strangely chemical, inauthentic way. Ultimately it's overpowering and a bit nausea inducing after a short while. I'd skip it, even though an odd part of me liked it. It's just a very ODD scent.

epiphany
epiphany

My daughter gave this to me as she bought it blind based on online reviews but it turned out to be too spicy for her. I tucked it into my drawer without smelling it - that bottle is hideous & just awkward to use. It wasn't until we were purging a few items that I finally tried it....& I LOVE it! It's gloriously spicy & smells almost like cloves & lemonade to start. But on the dry down, it develops beautiful rose & sandalwood notes. This won't be for everyone but if you like gutsy 80s-esque spices, this might be one to try. A little goes a long way, though...which is fine because that stupid bottle makes it difficult to get anything out.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Sharp, green, headache inducing, and nauseating. This one doesn't just LOOK like bug spray, it smells like it as well. Smells like nausea, headaches, and regrets. Love the bottle, would never repurchase, the juice is just awful.

lat
lat

I like Diesel fragrances and I like their design. I've wanted this for a very long time and I finally got myself a brand new sealed bottle.
Diesel is tricking every single one of us with the green bottle and the name suggesting freshness of the grass when the fragrance itself couldn't be more far from it.
This is a spicy oriental fragrance with a touch of lime in the beginning. After 10 minutes the scent settles to:

cinnamon
cloves
ginger
carnation
sandalwood

I have a theory that majority of the negative reviews for this little gem come from people who like fresh scents and feel tricked after buying it blind.
I'm not surprised at all, so I recommend it to people who would like to smell like a spicy cinnamony chai :)

chjena
chjena

My boyfriend just said "you smell nice!... finally" - for me this is enough to like this perfume forever :D. Being honest: very pleasant mix of spicies with strong lime freshness at the long beginning. Carnation and amber make it a little bit creamy, but still sportive. Suitable as well for summer (because of lime) and for winter, cause it remainds me a hot, spicy tea...
Unfortunately, the bottle is ridiculous. Neither pretty nor practical.

I'd had to grab a bottle of this one (when I saw it at a non-crazy price) because of the notes and diverse reviews. I don't get as much citrus as others apparently do and I definitely don't get "synthetic." Instead, the florals are quite obvious at first (full and powdery), but then the other two facets are discernible. Those are a grassy/citric element and the one another reviewer described as a clove cigarette. I can't remember a scent that combined these elements this way, and I could imagine this would confuse many casual scent wearers. The facets sometimes seem to blend together but at other times are distinct. It's just a little sweet and it's not animalic. I imagine this one will be in my large rotation for a long time to come!

UPDATE: Over time a musky carnation quality becomes rather noticeable, for those who really dislike carnation.

UPDATE #2: Try layering this one with a sandalwood-dominant scent - it becomes very similar to unisex niche scents !

ladyjaemaree
ladyjaemaree

weirrrrrddd. felt like I was putting weed killer on myself but i LOVE the smell!

bukanlahanakajaib
bukanlahanakajaib

One of a few fragrance that I dislike the most...

The bottle looks cool, at the time it was on a discount so I grab one without even testing it (it was a long time ago). Oh my god it's disgusting! I do smell the floral and a bit of fruit but it was so synthetic I can't stand it!

Felt dizzy after I spray it, what a disappointment...

floralbby98
floralbby98

This perfume just... Ugh. It smells like cleaning supplies and I hate the bottle too. Everything about it is horrible, maybe this perfume just isn't for me though.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

horrible, absolutely horrible! smells just like the a ugly bottle looks! Received it as a gift but i tossed it in the trash! smells like bug spray and that stuff they spray on trees so they won't get fungi and stuff combined with rotten limes. whoever said it was ok for this "thing" to be bottled, is out of their minds!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I loved the concept of the bottle and the super low price. It was a blind buy. If i were into green fresh scents i would have liked it. Unfortunately i am into sweet overdose perfumes like Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss. But if u are looking for a young fresh and almost androgynous scent...well this is the perfume for u.

U can follow me on YouTube @ BeautyOnSale

thatgirl1269
thatgirl1269

This was a blind online buy, but as I picked it up for $14, I thought 'what I have I got to lose?'. When I first sprayed it I thought "Oh my God, this is horrendeous". Then I waited a while & sprayed it again. It started to remind me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly WHAT that something was. All of a sudden I started to think of ginger ale/beer and lime and/or Sprite. It was only upon visiting Fragrantica and seeing that the two top notes were indeed ginger & lime that I started to fall in love with this fragrance.

I can see how this would definitely not be a fragrance for everyone. Hell, it's not even a fragrance I would have purchased had it not been a blind buy (I prefer patchouli, woody & gourmand type fragrances as a rule) but now that I *have* purchased it, I would repurchase it in a heartbeat. Totally different than anything else I've ever owned - I love it!

(I do however agree with others' comments about the bottle.. it is rather ugly, however, that part I can live with.. what annoys me is the spray mechanism just seems faulty and is a general PITA to use - and that's been the case with all 3 bottles I've now used!)

EDITED: I now own 4 bottles of this perfume - the last 3 of which I purchased for less than $10 each! The more time passes, the more I love this fragrance.

John_John
John_John

this one smells like marzipan , really unique!

alenamaria
alenamaria

I got it a couple of months ago. First I was not sure if I like it or no. I used it from time to time, at home for my own experience. And today I realized I love it a lot. Great blend of spices, sweet and refreshing at the same time. It is Christmas time now and I feel like if I had cut the tree in the woods and drinking my spiced rum...but in the feminine way... If that makes a sense. :)

vi
vi

Love it. Quite sweet but fresh at the same time. Great fragrance for the day. also quite lasting, gets milder but still noticeable throughout the day.
I don't understand why people complain about the bottle design - it's very Diesel and if you don't like it - why to buy it in the first place?

erilika
erilika

I really eanjoy this. A very simple fragarnce: lime soda first, sandalwood and then vanilla sweetness. Easy to wear, too.

It is discontinued, so now with unbelievably cheap price.

iva22
iva22

girls, don't be put off by the bottle, this is a great fragrance and it reminds me Dolce Vita. I bought it few years ago and I absolutely loved it.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

ouff! this one is really not for me :) i found to smell more like mens fragrance so much on me that i gave it to my boyfriend & i loooove it! so muvh that i almost thought trying it again but as soon as i take a **sniff!!!** of it ... NOT!!!
really i think this should be mens fragrance or unisex because i'm sure women with darker complexion smell reaeeeally good with this :)
xoxo

janmcm
janmcm

I must admit I have never smelled this, but I'm curious to know if it's as bad as the reviews say.
I'm judging it solely on the bottle which is ugly, I don't want my perfume to look like insecticide spray. I want my bottles either sleek & stylish or decorative works of art when they are adorning my dressing table or bathroom!
I think that the bottle design suits the deisel brand but it shouldn't suit a perfume, plus I can't stand fiddly bottles that don't spray nicely!

salihah
salihah

oh my
my oh my
so disgusting gave me a headache i had to scrub it off so disguting
unbelieveble

weegee
weegee

Reminds me very much of HM's Magical Moon without the powdery sweetness.

Must love ginger and cedar - both are quite prominent. Fresh & green on top with an underlying nutty note that confirms its rightful place in the floral woody musk category. I see how some say this is unisex but I think that's more to do with the masculine image created by the bottle (think oil can from the garage).

I agree that the bottle is awkward. It doesn't so much spray as squirt.

I love Diesel's Fuel for Life Femme and can clearly identify Diesel Green as her somewhat shy younger sister. Overall, I prefer Fuel for Life more than Green but Fuel for Life is too unusual, too bold for the office while Green seems light enough for office wear. Green is definitely full bottle worthy.

knightlore
knightlore

I bought this fragrance for my daughter, she dared me to wear it, I did and I liked it!

Thought this site was about fragrance not being sexiest!

guest_Nuno
guest_Nuno

"this perfume smells so bad... I think it's rather appropriate for a man... "

LOL that's right. Only a man can wear a bad fragrance. Because well, he is a man, he is already stinky, so... let's make it worse!

Masculine, feminine... when will everyone realize those are just (mis)conceptions? A woman smells like a woman, but has her own smell; and so does a man. What is a masculine.feminine/unisex perfume is a social thing, only.

daria79
daria79

I had it 5 years ago so I don't remember exactly how it smelled but I do remember it was very fresh and green with lots of sandalwood.

Poetique
Poetique

I had this when I was 13, and I still remember exactly how it smells. Very strong character, eccentric and unconventional, much like the entire Diesel brand. Recognizable. The bottle is something completely unusual.

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

Even though this has terrible reviews, I think it's pretty unique

Very 'Limey', and weird.... I remember back (all the way back :P) in 2006, when I had little clue about any scent apart from Angel, this horrible girl sprayed it all over me in a bar, and she said it was 'diesel' and i saw the bottle and got really freaked out as by the smell of it, and the bottle, thought she'd sprayed some intoxicating petrol or pesticide on me or something (she was a freak)

anyway, I bought some eventually because it is a really unusual smell, quite fresh and strong. Hard to wash off! Girls seem to like it more than the fellas!

B.valentine
B.valentine

definitly a masculine fragrance, so i wear it sometimes. has a "dark" side to it. love wearing it at night.

amber_glow
amber_glow

bottle is ok but the smell...
If all the parfumes on earth suddenly disappears, evoporates destructed.. all the perfume producers immigrate to another planet and only this perfume is left, I absolutely wouldn't use it.

Lou lou blue
Lou lou blue

Very aptly named, if green had a smell this would be it!! great to spray the toilet with.

ice2fire
ice2fire

Interesting combination of fresh and spicy notes. Quite strong scent, but great for hot summer days. Lasts long!

badusername
badusername

I had to double check our two bottles to see if my dad was indeed wearing the 'feminine' version, and he is! And he smells divine when he dares to wear this; obviously he doesn't care that this version is marketed to women and I have to say that in light of this, it is definitely unisex. Women, spray this on your man and swoon!

The name of this fragrance lies, however! It brings up images of fresh sawdust and wood curls (perhaps why it smells terrific on my dad) and cloves. Anyone who's smoked clove-vanilla cigarettes before, will instantly recognize this note. It's being pushed forward by the cinnamon, which seems to be rather shy in this one. Pity, because I love cinnamon.

Compared to the other notes, the lime fades into the background, and fast! There is still the faintest hint of climbing roses on a trellis. That having been said, it feels like an autumn instead of spring.

It won't be for everyone, but excellent for us women who still like to stomp around in our trusted and worn out combat or hiking boots. In short, for the woman who isn't afraid to embrace her masculine side.

elli
elli

Very different indeed, but not so "green" as the name suggests. I like the fact that it smells like an exotic Moroccan market, but I wish it had more freshness to it - kind of like L'Eau par Kenzo manages to create a perfect scent of fresh water and tie it perfectly together with the exotic spices.

ICE Bianca
ICE Bianca

I haven't smell it..but I love the bottle.. so much!I' am avid bottle collector and I so wish to add this to my collection!!Usually I'm very fond of lime scents....very curious about this fragrance...next on my try list!:D

newgabe
newgabe

Opens with lime lollipop like something out of a lowrent preschool party, with an eventual spicy sandalwood that is quite nice but clashes badly with the silly sicky persistent topnote. Possibly would give you a toothache if you wore it more than once in a lifetime.

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

I hate this one, blended with my chemistry it created lemon grass scent. So, I gave it away...so disappointed.

Aeternitas

I did finally get to try this, but only on a whim. It was a quick sniff on a paper strip and it was very interesting. It had a "green" smell to it, fresh, but at the same time it was kind of spicy and woodsy. I didn't detect any florals at the time. If anything, I got the most out of lime and ginger. It wasn't a bad fragrance! I did like it. But I don't think I will be buying it. However, I'd love to try it again to get better acquainted with it. It could be a great summer scent.

eccentricJ

Ok I just tried this one again today and its very spicy, the clove just jumps out at me. I think I appreciate this scent more after a year of sitting on the shelf.

Aeternitas- have you had a chance to try it yet?

eccentricJ

Has a woodsy scent, my guy friends like to wear it. Not anything I'm crazy about.

vertigo
vertigo

modern, spicy, green, recognizable & crazy.

barbiot35
barbiot35

It smells like machine oil i think:( I didn't expected from diesel a fragrance like this...I'm disappointed...

Aeternitas

I'm really curious as to what the ginger and lime smells like in this one, the whole things seems like a cool mix. I've found it really cheap on scentmonkey.com and think I will buy it to try. Once I do, I'll put up a review for it.