Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women

Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women
dislike

I have it: 443 I had it: 401 I want it: 241 My signature: 10

Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures Fuel For Life Femme Diesel for women Pictures

This perfume was introduced together with the version for men in 2007 and it brings chypre floral notes. It was created by two ‘noses for perfumes’, Annick Menardo and Thierry Vasseur, who enriched the top notes with fresh mandarin and a touch of pink pepper. The heart is dominated by sweet and clear jasmine, decorated with nutmeg notes, while the base fondles with sensual notes of musk and patchouli. The perfume is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml edp.

You can read more about this fragrance on Diesel’s website. Fuel For Life Femme was created by Annick Menardo, Thierry Wasser and Jacques Cavallier.

Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper

Fuel For Life She Summer

Fuel For Life Femme Fragrance Reviews

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I am a gourmand/sweetie fan and I had read "When I need my sweet fix, I turn to Fuel for Life" so when I found this for a steal on ebay- I went for it.

Um... well... I should have known that this much patchouli wouldn't work for me.

While I liked this at first for the citrus and it was earthy sweet- it then became very very earthy and patchouli and I got sick of it. Two sprays on my skin lasted impressively- just too bad the drydown just isn't my thing.

I may hang onto my bottle or sell on ebay.

lauren.moss
lauren.moss

You know that Coco Madamoiselle advert where Keira Knightley jaunts around an empty Paris in a skintone jumpsuit on a definitely not remotely phallic motorbike to have creepy photoshoot sex with Some Guy?

The model who embodies Fuel For Life (probably Elizabeth Van der Horst or another MMA fighter/model) would speed past on a black Harley - flipping Knightley the bird with a perfectly manicured nail - before proceeding to decimate a world record for crossing America.

Fuel For Life has some bloody stamina, lets put it that way. I can apply it at eight o'clock in the morning, have a full (and pretty physical) day at work - and then by close to midnight when I shower before bed - I'll suddenly realise that my perfume (or at least the base thereof) is still coming in loud and clear, and it takes plenty of shower gel to lift that tough base.

Now, there's some fragrances I own with a comparable longevity *cough Chic Caroline Herrera cough*, which are about as welcome as a sty under winged eyeliner, but Fuel For Life is such a soulful fragrance - it just wants to make you feel good, and strong.

I'm one of those people who perfumes by mood, and this is the one I wear when I know I'm about to have a long day. It won't go down without a fight and it won't let you either.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

more tame version of coco mademoiselle but with the patchouli amped up. delicious

carpp79
carpp79

Very good. In the beggining (top notes) 'diesel FFL' reminded me Abril (victorio & lucchino) and diorissimo, two scents I tested years ago and, to be true, I don't know very well, but they had (to my nose) a funeral vibe. Not a good idea... Over time though 'diesel FFL' developed into a delicious and comfortable scent. It's not sweet or overpowering or invasive nor sexy (imo). It's nice for everyday use, appropriate for office. Poor longevity/sillage though; after a few hours I couldn't smell it as in the beggining, but I smelt it softly in my hair and behind my ears when I moved. So good!
Edit: I can't understand these descriptions or classifications... In this page: "chypre floral" group? "chypre floral notes"? I don't think so. To me chypre is another thing. Diesel FFL is floral.

Tjokro
Tjokro

I loooooooooveeed it so muchhhhh.. I think it's unisex on me.

Vazlalu
Vazlalu

Blind buy.
Because it was diesel and because it was on sale oh what a mistake.
Don't hate it a 100% but don't like it and I have to be honest I made a mistake.
I will not blind buy again....
Lesson learned
The presentation was so awesome it for me fooled into thinking the perfume would be awesome too.... Oh marketing.......
Good thing ir was discontinued won't miss it. Actually sending it back tomorrow on the mail.
Do like the Diesel loverdose one ;)

Elmyra
Elmyra

@margoval, thanks for that, i totally agree, something seems incorrect with the notes listed.
I also get mainly blackcurrant with this fragrance, as well as the pepper...
Its a stunning scent which i love, perfect for nights out, fresh + sweet & spicy all at once, and very long lasting.
Just curious about the nutmeg listed...?

saashaas
saashaas

I bought this when I was quite young. I didn't know anything about the brand and my older model-sister wore this and I really looked up to her, so that's why I got it.

I loved the scent, and even though I don't remember it being heavy on me, I always remember getting in the same car as my sister and the whole car would smell of her perfume.

I still love this scent but I don't know if it is for nostalgic reasons.

elaboracja
elaboracja

Oh, there's nothing special in it. very soft but sweet, not long lasting . remind me so many other parfumes - everyday parfumes.

poppu278
poppu278

this perfume was my everything while I was a teenager.It was edgy, sexy, cool I went through many bottles and still sniff it in shops till now but cant get my self to buy it anymore! just because I feel Ive grown since to get back to it!! wired I know.

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

I get why so many of us think of this a a younger woman's scent, but she's an interesting young woman who doesn't follow the crowd. Having said that, I think I can get away with wearing Fuel for Life even though I'm in my 50s so long as I don't spritz immediately before leaving the house as once you get past the initial waft of sweet fruitiness and the patchouli comes through, it gets a lot more grown up.

MartaL
MartaL

I used to love Diesel during my teenage years. I think I bought this bottle when I was sixteen without even smelling it, just because it was Diesel :) It did a fine job back then. I remember that I used the bottle quite quickly so it could not be too bad.

Would I buy it now, 12 years later? I don't think so. I think I will have this associated with younger audiences probably forever :(

ascuabrillante
ascuabrillante

I fell in love with this fragrance back in 2007. To me, it smelled like the person I wanted to portray--sexy, feminine, confident. To this day, I have not found another fragrance that matched its qualities: sweet but not candied/edible, woodsy but not masculine, and with a drydown that was warm and sensual/spicy. I will continue to search and please let me know if any one has any comparable recommendations!

Ieva_Marija
Ieva_Marija

Awesome perfume. I feel so sexy and self-confident when I wear it ;))

Pink pepper and patchouli make it sexy and stylish. I see some similarity to the Coco Mademoiselle. Very nice and interesting scent. I would actually use it as a cheaper version of the Coco mademoiselle.
Great scent that smells like a classic, but is not.
This amazing perfume is one of my favorites now.
Edit: I tried it on myself and I was amazed, it's just perfect, I was feeling really elegant!

No doubt this is feminine and sexy, but if I overspray, it becomes cloying, and yes headache inducing. It is better I feel in winter, and for those who like scents with punch, it would do...I like it on occasions, the patchlouli bugs me a bit..I like it, but nothing more!! There is a seductive warmth that is so pleasant! As long as you dont bathe in it..

margoval
margoval

I think there is a mistake in the notes here. According to the official site of Diesel these are the notes:

Top notes: Mandarin, Pink pepper
Middle notes: Jasmine, Blackcurrant
Base notes: Patchouli, Musk

All I could smell in this perfume was blackcurrant and that's why I searched for the notes. I adore this bold fragrance but I use it only when I go out at night because I find it too strong for daytime use. It gives me confidence and it lasts more than 12 hours.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Created by two great noses...and as such, I expected much from this one.
It's far too sour and sharp on me, must be the pink pepper. That sharpness lingers and never leaves.

Sillage and longevity are moderate.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I sniffed this in a magazine ad and bought it, excited for the sexy sultry patchouli-spice blend. Fuel For Life is the only perfume I have ever worn that gave me a headache. On one hand, the longevity and sillage are phenomenal. One really does not need more than 2 spritzes for the whole day. That said, I love toothache-inducing gourmands and those have never given me the nausea and discomfort of this scent. I feel like the pink pepper is very prominent and cuts into the patchouli and vetiver in a sharp and abrasive way. When last I smelled this, it stuck in my nose high up in my nasal passages for almost an hour. I do like the notes themselves but Fuel For Life did a number on my sinuses.

zuleikarega
zuleikarega

Its a perfect perfume for me to when I'm going for a casual night out.
It smells fabulous without being too overpowering and its just amazing.
I won't be using this for daily use, or for formal occasion, but its just perfect for a sip or two at the bar. Love this!

Plus, it lingers to my skin for 6 hours or so.

dolores005
dolores005

i really love , very sexy..
im a fun of diesel perfumes

Kara712
Kara712

I have this. bought it last winter and I loved it then, I was crazy about it! I remember when I smelt it the first time, I loved it! But now... I don't know.. not so much. Smells really weird. I'm not using it again very soon. I don't know which note bothers me but it does. A lot!

Mamegoma
Mamegoma

Oh lord have mercy on this sweet patchouli heaven. This is such an awesome scent.

I fell in love with this at first sniff when it just came out and I love it to this day, almost seven years later. My signature for sure!

Great for everyday wear especially for fall which really brings out the spice and sweetness in a beautiful harmony!

sofiebgoode
sofiebgoode

Gets much lovlier than you'd expect after spraying. It settles into a cheerful fruity scent after a few minutes, with a bit of a tropical-floral vibe, and by the next morning (if you're lucky enough to have it last on you this long) what remains is mostly the surprisingly soft and sensual patchouly base.
it's extremely efficient against bad moods, almost like a vitamin supplement for the soul.

layla7658
layla7658

Just AWESOME! Had it & wanna have it again!

nazaksay
nazaksay

it smells very strong and causes headache, in my opinion. it smells good but I will never buy it again. I have not finished it yet although I bought it 1 year ago.

There are a lot of patchouli + jasmine + citrus fragrances out there. I think Diesel's offering manages to hold it's own.
Patchouli is definitely prominent as anyone can see looking at the note pyramid. I don't find it particularly dirty though, more woody. The mandarin has a nice bittersweet quality. The jasmine isn't what I'd call "dirty" but it definitely has some of that heady, night blooming quality. I'd say it actually smells a bit more like carissa. If you reside in Southern California you'll be familiar. They're those bushes with tiare looking flowers that are everywhere.
I don't really get a pronounced gasoline type note. There is something that reminds me a bit of Fahrenheit (also noted for having a gasoline type smell) but it's not strong. Comes and goes.

regnflickan
regnflickan

I like it on my friend but on me this is way to sharp. I believe this parfume develops diferently on peoples skin so my recomendation is that you try this on before you blind-buy it!

lydilee
lydilee

I believe this fragrance suits me the best. I really love trying new perfumes so I've tried them a lot last years but I think after 5 years I am just going back to this strong powerful scent. If you are a WOMAN, more classy than posh but in the same time intrigued by some real MAN stuff and you don't mind strong perfume I believe this is a fragrance for you. With this perfume I have linked a picture of a woman with hair from the 50's, wearing fishnet stockings, a little black dress, red nails and lipstick, lots of pearls and in one hand a smokey whiskey and in the other hand a revolver..strong, powerful, elegant but dangerous not afraid to get smudged :))
And to the notes.. I agree that you can smell something like real fuel in it :) but I always liked the smell of my fathers garage..and after a while I can smell something sexy probably the patchouli and..I don't know why but I smell blackcurrants in it :) sweet spicy juicy blackcurrants

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

this fragrance really give me ''fuel for life''.i can wear it every day,everywhere,forever!!!

meriel5240
meriel5240

After testing it in Fenwicks four years ago and buying for much less online, I wore this perfume first on a gorgeous sunny day in July at a friend's 40th birthday party. The overall composition is something so distinctive that I feel I can now only wear it on hot days in July when I am partying. I think that says something about how distinctive it is, but also about needing to be in just the right mood to wear it. It's not for everyone, not for everytime and not for every weather... it's for when the situation is just right, when it's perfect.

(I know that hasn't shed any light on the notes etc, but I'm reviewing with my atmospheric, holistic head on ;) )

tini.milburn
tini.milburn

I blind bought this awhile ago,I purchased due to the hype,and was a little underwhelmed,Its OK,at first it seems similar to other Patch/fruity/musky types settles quite nicely though,Not a favourite scent of mine but quite pleasant.
probably wouldn't buy again I actually prefer that warm cinnamony scent of Diesel zero plus on my hubby,mmmmmmmmmm :)

Chickenfluff
Chickenfluff

A major... confusion. I remember sniffing the bottle a while ago and putting it back on the shelf immediately, repulsed. The name seemed very appropriate. That's just what it smelled like: fuel.
Today, I was curious enough to sniff again. This time, it smelled quite good, so I did the unspeakable: applied it on my wrist... And it was still good. It appeared to be rather fruity and sweet but had a very unique, somewhat dark touch to it.
Back home, I looked up the notes. Patchouli, pepper - surprise, surprise, because this is stuff I usually avoid like the plague. But I did actually detect the patchouli, and I still enjoyed the scent.
HOWEVER... it has now developed its gasoline type of smell again, and I honestly find that a little funky. As insane as that might sound, it reminds me a little of "Fahrenheit" by Dior which is probably the most disgusting perfume I have ever come across. (Sorry, guys.) Who would want to smell like a truck stop, even if you're a man? These fragrances don't have anything else in common, but it is that gasoline smell that I cannot condone at the time. And, man, for a moment I seriously considered adding this to my wish list. I might have to test it again, and only time will tell whether I'll end up thoroughly enjoying it or not.
Plus points: The bottle is interesting, so is the ad campaign. It underlines the uniqueness of the scent very well, and I find myself fond of that.

soyuncolibri
soyuncolibri

Un aroma diferente, fuerte y que hace voltear cabezas. Algunas personas la aman y otras no tanto. Personalmente me gusta por eso, porque no huele a otra. Dura bastante. Es sexy y te hace sentir "fuerte".

Oannna
Oannna

Guys, I just bought this one, I confused it with Diesel Fuel for Femme Unlimited... It's brand new, I sprayed it only once and I immediately observed it's not the same... 75 ml, I would gladly give it for the one that I like, if someone has it and wants this one... Don't hesitate to contact me! :) Oana

ariniw
ariniw

Agreed with Jama4! It is very long lasting, and gives a beautiful and unique dry down! Everyone who loves "sweet spicy" scent should attempt this fragrant ! Highly recommended!

Kain
Kain

A really pleasant and fresh floral fragrance at the opening, but something different and also generic in the dry down!
First time when you spray it on your skin, it's very fresh with citrusy notes and very natural and beautiful jasmine note and hint of sweetness in the background.
It's not something unique at all, but it's very beautiful that remind you of being in the nature with tons of jasmin and some orange trees around you .
In the dry down things start to change in a generic and almost bad way!
The fresh jasmine note become very light and it's in the background and fresh citrusy smell change to a very sweet fruity smell and some spices in the background. It's good but also very generic that definitely you've sniffed it in so many other fragrances. you have this scent to the end.
I have a patchouli bomb named as "Givenchy Gentleman" and I know how patchouli smell like. I didn't sniff patchouli in this fragrance! Very strange!
Projection is great and longevity is above average.
I think it's good for spring and fall.
Personally I prefer the opening over the dry down and base of this fragrance.
يه عطر زنانه خوب كه اولش بوي بسيار لذت بخش و طبيعي داره اما متاسفانه در ادامه بوي خيلي معمولي و تكراري پيدا ميكنه كه يه جورايي حال آدمو ميگيره
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي شاداب و نسبتا خنك مركباتي هست كه بوي خيلي طبيعي از گل ياس باهاش تركيب شده و مقدار كمي هم رايحه هاي شيرين اين دو تا رو همراهي ميكنن
بوش بسيار طبيعي و لذت بخشه و بوي طبيعي گل ياس حس بودن تو طبيعي پر از گل هاي ياس رو براتون تداعي ميكنه
پخش بوش اولش بسيار زياده و بوي گل ياس و مركباتي و خنك در عرض چند ثانيه كل فضاي اتاق رو پر ميكنه
در ادامه بوي گل ياس به سرعت شروع به ضعيف شدن ميكنه و بوي خنك و شاداب و مركباتي جاي خودشو به يه بوي بسيار شيرين ميوه اي ميده كه رايحه خيلي ضعيفي از گلها (احتمالا همون گل ياس) باهاش تركيب شده
رايحه مياني بوي خوب ولي بسيار معمولي و تكراري داره و اصلا مثل رايحه ابتدايي شما رو هيجان زده نميكنه
رايحه پاياني هم تقريبا مثل همين مياني هست منتها ضعيفتر و ضعيفتر ميشه به مرور زمان
پخش بوي خيلي خوب و ماندگاري متوسط به بالايي داره اين عطر
شخصا از بوي ابتدايي خيلي خيلي خوشم اومد ولي بوي مياني اش كمي حالم گرفت
در كل عطر خوبيه و به نظر من براي فصول بهار و پاييز انتخاب مناسبيه

In the dry down things start to change in a generic and almost bad way!
I have a patchouli bomb named as "Givenchy Gentleman" and I know how patchouli smell like. I didn't sniffed patchouli in this fragrance! Very strange!
Projection is great and longevity is above average.
I think it's good for spring and fall.
Personally I prefer the opening over the dry down and base of this fragrance.
پخش بوي خيلي خوب و ماندگاري متوسط به بالايي داره اين عطر
شخصا از بوي ابتدايي خيلي خيلي خوشم اومد ولي بوي مياني اش كمي حالم گرفت
در كل عطر خوبيه و به نظر من براي فصول بهار و پاييز انتخاب مناسبيه

Jama4
Jama4

Mamacita caliente in a bottle!! ('hot little mama" in spanish)

Fuel For Life is quite strong. I think a perfume collector must have a few strong perfumes in his or her collection as I learned is important for certain situations. I used Fuel For Life on an international flight that spanned 3 continents. The whole time I did not have access to a shower!!! At the end of it all was surprised ....Fuel did not ditch me half way through my trip!!! I still smelled good when I arrived at my destination. I was shocked by its longevity and how it bloomed into something beautiful when given time to work with my chemistry (like arin.widhiasi). Fuel for life is a unique patchouli based perfume and is worth a try.

My Skin Type: Oily / Youthful
Longevity: 12 hrs +
Projection: 4 feet +
Office Safe: No too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: anytime of the year / evenings
Packaging: 9/10; unique with the fishnet wrapped around the bottle
Cost: about $90 USD for 100ml / 3.38oz at Duty Free Stores

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

arin.widhiasi
arin.widhiasi

a very sensual scent! amazingly fits my body chemistry,creating a daring yet sexy aura! simply love it!

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

I had this quite a while ago, its unique and smells really good, bit liquorice and citrus, feminine though not too sweet.

temo
temo

I bought this blind, off of a discount shelf and I must admit that I was not terribly impressed at first. There was however, a slight remembrance of Coco Mademoiselle that the nose sent to the brain somehow for me. I decided to try layering it under Coco Mme EDT and WOW! My indifference melted away and I was totally blown away by this combo. The combo is better than either of the fragrances alone. Better than anything!! For me this is the "best ever" Chypre!

hockeygirl525
hockeygirl525

All of the negative reviews are surprising to me! I spritz it twice on my torso about an hour before going out to let it mellow, and it lasts all night and into the morning. It makes me feel super sexy and who does not want that feeling?! Love, love, love it!

Lime909
Lime909

I tried this out today for the first time. In the beginning I found it a little overpowering, but as time went by and it wore off on my skin (very hot day in South Africa) I really began liking it more and more.

I do not own it and it's just a tester but first impression is that I would love to wear it again. It reminds me of Jean-Desprez's Bal-a-Versailles (which I actually don't like very much). But I certainly prefer it to Bal-a Versailles.

zsans
zsans

Over time it gets absolutly lovely, certain notes become prominent as the day goes on and changes with you, ending with a beutiful warm kinda patchouli, lasts ages.
Its a harsh start so i only do the 'spray in the air and walk into' a couple of times front and backwards for a good cover.
Its a sexy scent, very strong feminine.

xVal
xVal

I got it from my mom's friend.
It's really strong, used it a couple of times, don't like it much.

olga87
olga87

for sure is not for everyone!!it's so unique that you can't be indifferent, yes..a love or hate perfume!!i gind it way too intresting, it dos not reminds me anything of other perfumes and that is a bonus for me.in my skin seems to last forever..!and i can say it is the only perfume that has beeen left in the bottle from last winter(don't wear it in summer!!) and i'll start wearing it again...

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smooth, feminine frag which does not last long...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1 hour- 1 foot projection. A light gourmand which is a little bit chic, but is mostly smooth and feminine. Most dominant is nutmeg with a hint of fruit and a little sexiness. Nothing spectacular but lovely nonetheless. Ages 36- 45

1 hour - 2 hours. 2 inch projection. More of a mid-mature floral now. Ages 42 - 58

2-4 hours - Close to skin

Good start but fades quickly

caca102
caca102

I guess this is one of those fragrances that you either love or hate, and I LOVE it. I don't get the "gas station smell" that others were talking about, with my chemistry it's more like a sweet lemon tea, maybe with a hint of ginger, which is great for hot weather. I have a mini and will be getting a full size bottle. I was looking for a light, sweet and invigorating scent for summer and this is it. Longevity is not bad, about 4-5 hours. I also like that fact that it did not turn synthetic on me.

zulukline
zulukline

I hate this so much. It gives me an instant headache, and to me it smells way too strong, I can't quite describe this scent, it wreaks of strong florals though. STRONG, very strong, not light at all.

Razzamatazz
Razzamatazz

Love this scent!Used it actually as a base for Poison.First i would apply Fuel For Life and after a few minutes would spray Poison on.And voila weapon of mass destruction!i really like perfume layering and in this case whenever i used Fuel, Poison would evolve much better(and less bitter on my skin), travel through the air and leave a trace..Better suited for nightime in this combination.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Normally I don't think I'd care for a fragrance this sweet but there is something so juicy and delicious about this one I can't resist it! But I don't get citrus I get MANGO! - really ripe, smooth flesh bursting with juice - complete with that weird faint 'petrol' thing that comes with the real fresh fruit. It's bizarre but gorgeous - and addictive!

Whit
Whit

I had this at one time and I really liked it at first. But I started noticing that the dry down was overly sharp and the patchouli in this isn't very well done at all. Don't get me wrong, I love patchouli and earthy scents, but it has to be done right. I couldn't get over the sharpness or the gasoline-y smell that others have mentioned, so I gave it away. I really wanted to love it because the notes were right up my alley, but I guess it just didn't go with my chemistry. The aroma was a bit headache inducing too, which is a rarity for me. With all this being said, use it in the cooler months as it is somewhat heavy and definitely don't blind buy this one.

nadiatavar
nadiatavar

First time I tried at the counter I bought one bottle, I was a little unsure about and decided to test again (before open my bottle) started good a little odd but good, then show up some green and when I reach home (two hours later) I could smell in the deep "a smelling armpit" in my wrist-> which make me go to store and return it.
Anyway I know that I have a skin with a "troubled PH", so maybe in other person would smell great.
Try before buy and wait at least one hour to see how will be on your skin.

Mebster
Mebster

Smells like acetone in the opening, then something very harsh kick in. It's fuel for something but not for life i think. Sorry...

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

This perfume made me want to gag! It smelt like cough syrup. I hate it. So glad I was able to smell it before I bought it. YUCK!!!!

Moflis
Moflis

I just cant stand this perfume!!! Just horrible. My colleague started to wear it and it smells so bad on her ;/

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Very nice fragrance, I love it for everyday wear. It's special but the lasting power is so so...

Chaie
Chaie

I have this perfume in a 75 ml bottle, and I have only taken 3-5 sprays. I do not think I'd get it used again, I´ve given it a big change. As one has written, I also think it gets very masculine, and the funny is that when I spray it on I think it smells a little bit of gasolin. It's just so strange a scent that I have a hard time finding a occasion to take it on - it gets very heavy on me and I almost get a totally headache from it. Thinking it´s very strong/generous, and I think if you are wearing this scent, you really stands out from the crowd. Don´t get me wrong, I really think this parfume is very good on the right person - this scent is simply not for me. .
I guess it just never really been that popular here in Denmark. If anyone out there wants to buy a full bottle of Diesel, I have one for sale. I have the box and "clothes" to the bottle as well.

Louw
Louw

Yuk! Just one of many 'designer' fragrances that smell sickly sweet over a heavy-handed dose of musk. I find it utterly repellant. I am a great fan of the Diesel brand, but perfumes are not their strong suit.

AnyaV
AnyaV

Sexy. Confident. Outgoing. Fun. I love wearing this on days I dress in punk-inspired theme.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Me gusta mucho se puede decir que estube obsecionada con ella un tiempo lasyima que no dura nada en mi piel

sweetlynda
sweetlynda

How can I describe it in one word ???? Simply : gorgeous...very strong perfume,a little bit masculine ( just my opinion ), a interesting smell.

pedro84
pedro84

I really like this one. It mixes well with my skin. Smell is adventurous, exciting, daring and enticing. A stranger gave me one free try, and I was sold. Bought the following week. I guess it is a fragrance (as with many things in life) that either works for you or it doesn't. Cheers :)

Palmy
Palmy

I can't agree more with "rednut". The worst fragrance I've ever smell. Too sweet, smell like a sticky fruit. I heard some people say it SEXY but to me, it isn't SEXY AT ALL. Smell so cheap nothing more than a sweet sweet sweet. I don't detect any of Jasmine and Vetiver Scent. Because I love vetiver scent so much and I know how vetiver must smell like. BUT the drydown after 4-5 hours it's smell better I smell some musky in it. Fortunatly I didn't buy this, I just got a small bottle of Fuel for Life for it when I buy another fragrance at the store.

cocolollobrigida
cocolollobrigida

i loved this fragrance so much! when i tried this,i was shocked;this was an amazing perfume and it was the one that i was looking for! i didnt wait and i bought it. but after some hours,i checked it and i noticed there isnt anything special with this perfume,it was so easy to love or hate. Still,it is a very good perfume,its notes are in a good combination and it is a modern smell. if u buy it,it'll worth to ur money.

maltatude
maltatude

Maybe its just me... but first thing I got was the smell of overripe, rotting fruit masked by a strong lemon lime citrus note... then it settled into a fruity, citrusy soapy smell. Maybe its the pepper and patchouli? To me, there's a subtle white musk floating around masked by the pepper... but its not listed there... It's really soapy sporty smelling. Not my thing. I don't find it offensive in the sense that it's poorly composed, but i wouldn't want to wear it either. It's like a sporty version of SJP's Lovely. It has that same strong whoa thing going on...

Edit: There is some element of it, that I do like... but that can be found in Fruits of the Musk by Montale. Which is like a better, subtle, fruity version with minimal soap and pong factor...

camillia
camillia

In an interview, Tom Cruise said about the then latest movie he was starring: "people who watch this movie, walk out of the theatre boldened and empowered."
I feel the same about FFL: It has the effect of boldening, similar to wearing a brash hairstyle, or a tattoo, etc.
In this sense I see FFL as a modern and unsentimental fragrance.
I smell a camphor layer over sweet, sweet candy, later joined by creamy fruits such as pear, persimmon, avocado.
The projection is good, the lasting power is not, at least not on my dry skin.
I quite "fell" for this combination, and was tempted to buy it as a fun fragrance, but finally decided not to, because it is just so "not me at all".

dioradddict
dioradddict

i had a sample of this one. casual daily use, good but nothing special with my skin chemistry. not long lasting on me too. i wouldn´t buy it for me.

Désirée
Désirée

I never thought that I would fall for such sweet fragrance.. Its sweetness is so very well balanced and comforting that even someone like me (who dislikes caramel-like, sugary scents) may enjoy it. After this distinctive but tender sweetness, it settles to an amazing jasmine scent on my skin that I liked very much. This is an unusual jasmine though because it is lingering with the nutmegs sweetness. Different and beautiful.

This would make an amazing fall/winter scent. I can imagince its smooth sweetness lingering on my scarves. I would love to have a bottle of this.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I really enjoyed trying this perfume. It is bright, vibrant & unashamedly fruity. It is not a scent you would wear to be taken seriously but it is a lot of fun. I would wear it for a casual afternoon at the pub.

The only reason I wouldn't spend money to buy it is that it is not very long lasting. It fades down to a faint trace within a couple of hours.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I enjoyed this fragrance for daytime use and it is suitable for use in any season IMO.
It is a fairly strong and fruity fragrance, which I had to be careful not to overspray! It had the potential to be overpowering and headache inducing if too much applied!
However, I did receive many compliments when wearing it :)

guest_prinsess
guest_prinsess

this is so god sexy love it

guest_minnik
guest_minnik

This is my perfume.I bought second bottle and i think when its finished i'll third.After 4-5 hours, also its smells nice.It's sexy.

guest_Liliu
guest_Liliu

Its cool n light, I felt like they added mint in it, but nothing really special, somewhat boring! Just the bottle is beautiful! Not worth to try

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Tried this in the shop and the first thing I thought was "why is this making me feel nostalgic for the early '90s?" then I realised it's because the opening (the fist 30 minutes at least) smells very similar to The Body Shop's Dewberry perfume, which I was hopelessly addicted to (used to use the full line religiously) when I was in my early-mid teens. Wasn't sure I relished the thought of smelling like my 14-year-old self all these years later, but then it calmed down some more and I really rather liked it as the 'Dewberry' wore off and it turned in to a lovely woodsy, incensy aroma, which made me feel like I smelled warm and inviting...and I like that! Bought a bottle & loving it- feels like a great way to secretly relive my youth, but wrapped up in a little maturity and sophistication...lots of fun! :D

melia
melia

I had exact the opposite experience of Trinity. At first, I loved it (in the shop), now I've got this miniature... And it's truly awfull. There is something really cheap about it; the mixture of the pink pepper, nutmeg and vetiver I suppose... Something gets stuck in my nose, in a wrong way.

Trinity
Trinity

I hated, hated, hated it at first! Put it at rest for almost a year!
Couldn’t not believe that anybody could seriously like this fragrance! Way to musky! Yuack!!!

Gave it a try again today and magic happened!
It just smells wonderful - I do not know what happened! Simply beautiful - go figure!

Andi Clark

The more I smell it, the more I love it. It blends perfectly with my body chemistry (natural honey toned) and it is remarkable. Winner.

Andi Clark

I was very Very surprised by how well I like this fragrance. It reminds me a bit of Versace versense but without the horrifying topnotes. It is the perfect blend of spicy and sweet and perfect for low-key everyday wear.
I honestly wouldn't have picked it out were it not at my boyfriend's insistence (a big fan of jasmine and spices) and I find it (if a bit unsophisticated) quite wearable and pleasant. The pink pepper makes all of the difference in this chypre. It is light and floral without being aged and perfect for classes. I give it a major thumbs up for days I don't feel I need to smell like a femme fatale but still want to smell hip and pretty.
Major recommendation for those in their 20s (as I am.) Bonus: I received free body lotion on special and the price was greatly reduced on the juice. Can't go wrong there. It is a more classy every day scent.
Negative: the alcohol on the onset is a bit strong to me (cheap perfume alert) but after dry-down it becomes a spicy sweet bouquet. Very male-friendly.

Puma
Puma

I don't know what to think about this... I don't like its beginning - it's too sweet and stuffy, but when it dies down it's quite warm, elegant and feminine.

krestfallen
krestfallen

i thought i was getting the men's. instead i got this. everytime i sniff it, all i can think about is pear. but there's no pear?
but the smell is quite good. kinda like it. if only the pear smell is lighter.

c3c
c3c

I received a sample of this and I really like it. It makes me think of peaches and smokey wood. Possibly the combination of mandarin & jasmine with the musk and patchoulli but none stand out specifically. I don't get pepper notes which is good for me. It just has a nice warm, sweet, soft, fruity/floral woody tone to it.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

This is a gorgeous perfume, starts fresh and settles on my skin in a sweet, but not overly sweet. The orange gives way to the nutmeg and jasmin, and although i cant see musk in it, yes, it ends very musky on my skin, a wonderfull fragrance!!!!!!

Although this fragrance isn't the most likable scent around, it sure is popular. Before becoming interested in fragrances, I had always noticed this fragrance on the shelves and noted how many people bought it on a daily basis.

I was surprised by the opening notes which really turned me off this fragrance. I was assaulted by strong and peppery citrus which to my nose was rather synthetic. For about the first three hours all I got was a loud concoction of peppery fruits and predictable and plain jasmine. I was indeed underwhelmed by Fuel for Life.

However, the drydown was quite pretty. The scent became warm and powdery, also a little sweet. The base notes agreed with my chemistry and also smelt agreeable on paper. Looking at many of the other reviews, I'm not alone in my appraisal of the drydown.

Unfortunately, even though the base notes are nice, after a while the scent began to smell like air freshner mixed with the musty and dirty scent of a bathroom.

I'm disappointed in Diesel for creating such a scent. I find their cheaper and lesser known scents more pleasing to say the least. Strangely enough I can see how this would be pleasant for some, however I just can't seem to like it myself.

guest_a little eccentric
guest_a little eccentric

Oh, no, I really wanted to like this perfume, picked up bottle, sprayed sample, waited for hours for dry down...ended up smelling like a bag of jelly babies!!! Honestly, I didn't spray on anything else in the meantime. Chypre? Where is it? Sexy? I felt more like a 6-year-old coming home from a birthday bash... :-O Sorry, not for me. I expected something more serious, edgy, memorable from a Diesel woman...

Gosha
Gosha

I have only tested this on my wrist, but it somehow doesnt agree with me. I adore the bottle!!! So lovely. Unfortunatelly the scent (lasting well over 8 hours - is somehow irritating from the beginning to the end).

lissielou
lissielou

Eh. Not girly, no class, not very "sexy" like it claims..My boyfriend bought it for me, I thought it was different, and gave it a whirl...I can NEVER find an appropriate time for it...other than if I'm headed to the beach ;P It feels just right with my tousled-weathered sandy hair, and in my most boho/surferish wear. Otherwise, when I wear it any OTHER time, I feel immature, and funky in it.

moonruby
moonruby

All my friends complained that there was nothing remarkable about this, and all agreed that the make version was way better.

jatzzie
jatzzie

Finally it's mine! =D Yesterday there was a special offer at the mall for Fuel for Life and i had to have it.Now my collection of the female FFLs is complete.I am in loove with the whole FFL-series, it's just so me. This scent is absolutely wonderful, my skin loves Diesel. FFL is a unique beautiful smell and has this personality to it which I love. It's airy, fresh and breezy and yummy. I'd say Unlimited is slightly stronger and spicier. Hopefully Diesel will continue to come with as wonderful fragrances as FFL.=) FFL overall is a sexy, edgy scent, exactly what I love.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This is an awful smell,i hate it..nothing sexy about this..

Deedz

Diesel smells divine on my skin and I never cease to be noticed for it.
The element which others have described as "synthetic" is one that I would compare more to a mineral like gold or garnet. As if it were an olfactory representation of beautiful things that ordinarily have no pre-existing scent. Expecting perfumes to smell always like flowers and foods and combinations of them is going to limit your artistic fragrance palette desperately.
I don't know if anyone else has detected it, but smelling the lid of the bottle presents me with delicate top notes of liquorice.
I applaud Diesels designers for the unique creation they have in Fuel For Life and percieve the wearer of the fragrance to be sophisticated and classy but with a spontaneous fun streak. You have to be a little crazy to make this work for you.
I'm seeing images of beautifully chic office girls stealing road signs in their stilettos to decorate their apartment.
Fuel For Life sits between the boundaries of professionalism and rebelious, robust fun.

Hope there are others out there who agree with me. It's my favourite.

lillybee
lillybee

I honestly wondered if I had a sample vial of the same fragrance but it does indeed say Diesel Fuel for Life Femme. There's an incredibly sweet and syrupy orange squash in this at first that's artificial and nauseating, just like those sugary kid's drinks full of artificial colours and flavourings.

Oddly, when after an hour this phase passes, all I'm left with is some bitter-sweet musk. I'm pretty good at picking out notes and amongst others I do know a patchouli or vetiver when I see one however I cannot detect anything else here other than this off musk stuff that smells like a cleaning product.

It's the first time my skin reacts to a perfume like this, it must be the synthetics. Just what were Diesel thinking? Pity as Fuel for Life was made by great perfumers, now it makes me think twice checking out their other creations.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Looking at the notes I think "interesting". I love the fruity white cool heat of pink peppercorns, jasmine & manderines should be a gorgeous combination, I'm even a fan of patchouli, vetiver, & nutmeg. But, on my skin, this does not work. At all.

I think there must be something else in the mix, because I get a very 'high' sweetness with an incredibly bitter pepperiness sat atop an uneasey base. Something horribly synthetic tries to mask all the notes & grabs at me...they got the name right, it is like a form of fuel!

It is not in-your-face strong, but it catches the back of my throat & although it settles a little after time it never feels natural. Towards the end, I even got a tiny whiff of wilted roseheads & old ashtrays :( NOTHING like Coco Madamoiselle IMO.

This perfume is a disaster on my skin. Judging from the polarised reviews it is one to try before you buy.....it'll either work with you or fight against you.

guest_rachel mary
guest_rachel mary

Fabulous fragrance. I agree the beginning is very much like Coco Mademoiselle but the dry down is less strong than Coco Mad.Its what you would wear for day and Coco Mad is what you would wear for the night. I love both.

XSX
XSX

A great spiced-fresh combination of mandarin, nutmeg and jasmine (I can distinctly smell all of these); it does give you energy and motivation to enjoy life and be active. Very suitable for every-day use and good mood, and also very recognizable.

Migotka
Migotka

I agree that in a way it is like Coco Mademoiselle. It evolves in a different way though. I think that this one is more modern and energising, it's more casual,
while Mademoiselle seems more suitable for big nights out.
I didnt appreciate it first, but I gave it another go when my sister bought it, and to be honest, I was delighted. Spicy, modern, sharp, but not aggressive. Moreover it lasts very long on my skin, even hours after spraying I can steel feel it around.

mermaid
mermaid

Ι just bought it today and I'm thrilled! I'm in love with it! Sexy, feminine, unique, promising perfume, for me one of the best I ever had!

Deedz

I love fuel for life. I love the title and the bottle and the scent and the posters. It's my FAVOURITE.

kurisu
kurisu

Distinctive and Modern,but this is not for every one,and not for everyday wear IMO.The dry-down is nice but the opening is too sweet for me.I would love this one if I can stand the top notes,unfortunately I can't.Anyway,I think it's worth a try because it's really unique.Plus,for this one,the scent in a a bottle and on the skin is different,so if you want to try,try in one your skin,and find the answer.Love it or Hate it,just that.

PR
PR

warm, spicy smell, perhaps smelling some wood in it as well..don;t find it strong at all, actually it is slightly too faint and light for me. My husband liked it as well, though unlimited version was somehow better I think

Allegra
Allegra

I'm not into Diesel's fragrances and Fuel for Life is no exception in my seemingly endless dislike, shame though ;) This one is very strong, very overpowering and very seductive perfume, definitely not for the shy and retiring types of women. Alexis Carrington/Joan Collins from Dynasty could have worn this if it had been available in the 80's, I think...it's a fragrance for "alpha-female".

andreapaz2008
andreapaz2008

intense, i like in small quantities i liked this perfume makes me fell like a panther, is so sexy

Laurukka
Laurukka

I certainly understand why many don't like this perfume, it is strong and sharp first, turning into heavy and sweet. I have a soft spot for this kind of fragrances, so I like it very much. It is alluring and makes me feel sexy like wearing stiletto heel shoes.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

It's like nothing I tried before, but I don't like it at all. Much too strong for me.

susieqrj
susieqrj

It´s not my #1 perfume, actually I only used it in one occasion, my wedding (on march).
I have to use it more often.....

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

The commercial wants you to think that this is a perfume for naughty girls/women, no girly girls. Well let me tell you what I think. This one starts out quite feminine. It really reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle. Maybe because of the jasmine & mandarin? But the longer you wear it, the more it changes. The magic of the perfume kicks in, feminine classy scent transforms to (commercial like) naughty scent! And, sorry for the comparison again, it turns into Dior Addict! A cocky, noticeable, sharp... smell. This is what happens on my skin, anyway. Hope it's helpful.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i received this perfume last winter..january i believe..it`s so unique..for me at least it has something exotic..nice..but at one moment i couldn`t use it anymore..gives me headeach so i will pass it to my sister which adores it

essija
essija

I think it's very sexy and I would wear this everyday if I had a bottle. Love Fuel for life but you do have to spray it on, I think everyone's chemistry is different, this one works for me...

nezzabel
nezzabel

Well I like this fragrance! So, I don't really understand the bad reviews of Luciana and collector, but I respect their point of view!
I think this fragrance is warm, sweet and very long lasting (it lasts all day) and it's delicious!
This scent makes me feel confident and I've got a lot of compliments when I wear this one!=)
It's classy and vibrant and I recommend it!

Luciana
Luciana

Cuando probé este perfume, me remitio directamente a una fragancia que habia tenido cuando era adolescente que se llamaba Byzance de Rochas. y ha tenido el mismo resultado para mí, con la diferencia que al rochas si lo compré, la primera impresión es dulce y rico pero después se convierte en totalmente dulce y repugnante y al poco tiempo gracias a Dios desaparece!!!, digo gracias porque es realmente apestoso.
Sobre que es un gran robo de un perfume que creo que no existe más, han logrado arruinarlo y empeorarlo en un 100%

perfumejunkie
perfumejunkie

I have chanel chance, and they're similar enough that i wouldn't consider buying this one

dolita
dolita

that one is very sexy and warm it's more suitable for winter days but don't wear it in a job interview cause not all guys like it :)

randik
randik

This is pretty hot stuff!Like a sexy bite...I really enjoy this scent:)

Wookie
Wookie

I agree with pimpnazt. It smells afwul, much too sweet. It's presence is too overwhelming. It tends to linger.

Marianne
Marianne

If I didn't have so many other perfumes, I could wear this one every day...it's so delicious and long-lasting.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Very much a sexy, confident perfume, packed full of woman. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I will probably wear this one obsessively :) It's a really intense, classy perfume with a hint of rebel for that modern touch. Hehe, I do find it to be a bit of a sex juice, in opposition to pimpnazt's comment. This scent has a lot of sex appeal! My boyfriend also loves the one for men.

Chaosnmotion

I had to post this... I wore this all during the holiday season and received so many compliments.. as one person said to me.. this one is a homerun.

guest_starbabi
guest_starbabi

it's true, the perfume doesn't smell anything like it does in the bottle. when it dries, it becomes a sexy, warm, nostalgic scent. it's perfect for everyday wear.

Chaosnmotion

This isn't hideous at all to me... it is actually a very warm pleasant scent. You can't smell the bottle, you have to spray it and let it dry to get it's true nature, if just sniff the bottle it doesn't smell anything like the fragrance upon drydown. When the salesperson at Macy's showed it to me I was prepared to hate it but it actually reminded of Hugo Boss' XX in some way but has more of a bite to it. Very wearable fragrance that I love.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

This smells hideous. What the ad and commercial want you to believe is that this is sex juice. It's not. It smells like fresh toilet water.

promoscanner
promoscanner

Great everyday perfume. Nice and warm, with hints of orange blossom and rose.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diesel Fuel For Life Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diesel Fuel For Life Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fuel For Life Femme by Diesel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fuel For Life Femme by Diesel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.