Designers » D E » Oriental Fougere « Groups

dislike

cinnamon
Fuel For Life Spirit Diesel for men Videos
Fuel For Life Spirit Diesel for men Pictures

Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, the new edition of Fuel For Life fragrance for men from 2007, is announced as intensely masculine, mysterious, sexy and outrageous. As Loverdose fragrance was conceived as an aphrodisiac for women, this new flanker represents the same thing for men.

The nose behind the perfume is Fabrice Pellegrin. This "fiery" oriental-fougere composition consists of a fresh citrus start, floral heart and woody base. Accords of grapefruit and bitter-sweet cinnamon lead to the middle of orange blossom and iris and the base of amber wood and incense.

The fragrance comes out in April 2013. It is available as 50, 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Cinnamon

Halloween Man

Fuel For Life Spirit Fragrance Reviews

marwa
marwa

Bubblegum! I dont get the Coca Cola wibe. On my skin the cinnamon screams. Veeery sweet and strong before the flowers and woods come to play. The introduction is the big deal here, drydown is just ok. I prefer this in spring/summer

lemac
lemac

smells nothing like YSL l'homme intense, no where near the quality !more like an added pepsi to tom fords for men,with an added spoonful of talc .and no not a good thing .

MyCoh_JayRo
MyCoh_JayRo

This frag is awesome. It smells like Root Beer and/or Coca Cola! It smells kinda like what you would expect a Diesel shop to smell like: young and smug. But it's playful. And I love it.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Nothing like 1 million - so forget those comparisons immediately.

Amber, sweet, powdery, lightly spicy, Root Beer or Coca Cola with a Play-doh smell.

For me projection is low but as a skin scent it lasted around 6 hours. No complaints there.

Versatile fragrance. Could be worn winter or summer and never smells musky or cologney.

I always feel good wearing it - lifts my spirits no pun intended. Girls like it.

7 out of 10 only because of its cost but would be 8 out of ten if you can find a 1.7oz bottle around $25.

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

Un très très bon parfum, je n'avais jamais cru que diesel ferai un si bon parfum comme ce dernier, sincèrement ça dépasse leur marque a mon avis, je trouve qu'il ferai mieux sous le nom de Chanel ou Dior ....
un parfum chaleureux et pas cher du tout a la fois
donc si vous en trouvez une dizaine, achetez la et appeler moi ;)

Ugluspegill
Ugluspegill

Sweet and spicy just like my favorite fragances
Like White Jean Paul Gaultier, and the older Must de Cartier

ncottrell87
ncottrell87

Pretty good cologne for what it is, it's very sad that people draw comparisons to 1 million because this makes 1 million smell like the cheap over priced synthetic garbage it is. Newsflash people one million wasn't the first scent to use cinnamon lmao. Colognes like diesel ffls aren't meant to smell expensive and if you think otherwise your showing your lack of knowledge on brands. If you can find this for $70 or less and like cinnamon in your scent this cologne shouldn't disappoint you

lneleman
lneleman

It is a very pleasant smell that is strangely unique. I don't absolutely love it, mainly as it reminds me a lot of playdoh, which is also what the woman's fragrance Classique by JPG smells like. I think this is the boozy note combined with the amber. As a man, I don't want to smell like playdoh, but it is a scent that will get you noticed as it is intriguing. The fragrance is overall solid. Will pick it up if it's cheap somewhere, since on the mens side, I have not found any fragrance that smells like this. Only see this as a casual fragrance.

bigbz
bigbz

If you like the smell of YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense,(mostly sweet, spicy amber)but not the price or it's lack of projection after the first hour and mediocre longevity?! Then give this scent a try!!! Very close in scent and terrific projection/longevity:)

BeeZo875
BeeZo875

Not really feeling this one.. Kinda makes me nauseous.. It's nowhere as good as YSL L'homme Parfum Intense. Didn't give this one away yet, gonna hold on to it till next winter/fall hopefully my taste will change. But for now 2 thumbs down...

marcelo.ignatz
marcelo.ignatz

similar Jean Paul Gaultier 2 unissex

lovetribe
lovetribe

incredible scent for club.for me isn't similar to ysl l'homme parfum intense.7/10for low performance.10/10for the the taste.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I can see why this is such a love/hate scent. If you love the original and XS Black or any of the flankers from Paco Rabanne then most likely you will love this. If you don't and prefer more traditional ambers such as Ambre 114 and Ambre Precieux then you might not like this. Personally, I love em all. Is this synthetic? Yes! Is it refined? No. Is it a long lasting great cold weather scent without being bias? Hell Yes! Forget about every amber scent that you have tried and just focus on the scent and compliments. This was a love at 1st sniff for me!

Fizzy
Fizzy

A heavy, smokey ambery-vanillic fragrance. The smell is getting worser after 30 minutes and does not smell good anymore. Pitty, as the bottle looks so delicious.

Molko

I wrote a review about Diesel FFLS already, but I just bought it recently. I'm confused, because when I tested before several times, I found it very potent, but now I don't feel enough strong on my skin, it becomes very soon a skin scent, I don't know why. My batch is from 2013 March...

davna
davna

Kuciwa berat.... ternyata cuman bau Amber dari awal sampai akhir. Baunya idem ditto dengan Zara Amberwood yg jauh lbh murah. Blah... close to the skin pisan euy...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Good fragrance from Diesel, different, bold, in a creative way close to these other brands.
An intense amber, sweet with a metallic dna line of diesel, which makes synthetic but in a not so common, and exotic blend of floral and woody tones together.
Young scent perfect for clubbing, is a perfume that deserves attention to those who are tired with Paco, RL, CH among other brands.

RLS
RLS

One thing you will not get from reading other reviews is how similar this is to regular Fuel for Life. Looking at the notes you'd never guess.

Still same longevity same projection as the original but recast in an amber/medicinal way. Gone is the cloying raspberry. Very good frag, may purchase too.

Easily the best flacon I've seen in a while.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Paco Rabanne? Man, this is not even close. It is different. Luxurious smell. Yes, it smells familiar to others alike, but what is so bad about this? Tonns of perfumes are kinda the same. Nice smell, heavy, warm and deep. Has kinda retro vibe. I like it.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

YSL- L'Homme,CH 212-Vip Men, Diesel-Fuel For Life Spirit
and so many others should pay Mr P Rabanne a considerable amount of what they sell since he came up with 1 Million,launch a trend setter and the rest copied his fragrance,more or less, eager to ca$h in hard from this trend...
Such a shame that now we have all this clones / reinterpretations floating around !
They all have warm spicy,tones of cinnamon and some amber or citic,the same recipe =1 million!

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

Its been a long time (and a lot of new fragances added to my collection and experience) since my last review but i cant let go the oportunity to share my take on this beautiful fragance
long time ago i wrote about JPG Gaultier2 and how georgeous it was on me but heaven in my girlfriend skin so i gave it away to her
well i love that one but its just too unisex for me(i mean its on the middle if not on femenine side)
but this one (in a lack of better words) is very similar to that one but without a doubt in the masculine side of the coin
very sweet from the openin to dry down but very masculine at the same time, and womens let you know how much they like how you smell when you wear it
must try!

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially artifical-gourmand which after 3 hours becomes more powdery and nicer, with great longevity and projection...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 2 hours- 2 foot projection. This is a fruity artificial gourmand with not pure cinammon. This is very similar to diesel fuel for life and the denim variant, but this one has a strong incense note which is not present in those others. The incense however smells more like leather. All of these frags share in common the same artifical-fruity qualities and sicklyness - I would not wear this in the summer. This has a weired burning plastic twist which adds to its chaos. IMHO not a safe blind buy

2 hours - 3.5 hours - 10 inch projection and good sillage.

3.5 hours - 6 hours - 6 inch projection. Quality for the first time comes in with the amber coming through- though it smells more like tonka bean. There is a little powder texture and this frag now smells like a modern Jaipur Boucheron Pour Homme - this is the best bit of this frag and a big change from the horrendous first 3 hours. It is now more sexy and between the bed sheets

6 hours - 9 hours - 3 inch projection

9 hours - 12 hours - Close to skin

This frag offers big projection and longevity though the scent itself is very poor to begin with.

It is becoming more affordable

Not for me

ezeizat
ezeizat

Smells .. cheap on my skin. As in poorly blended.

grzegorz.placek.5
grzegorz.placek.5

sometimes I believe that if one person mistakenly associates the scent with another one, everybody follows the suit. I mean, this perfume doesn't smell like Yves Saint Laurent at all! Thos os, however, the copy of Halloween Man by Jesys Del Pozo. They are almost Identical, Diesel is maybe a little lighter. End of the story. We will see about the longevity. Not worth the price.

d04m022011
d04m022011

Do not believe it! Another clone of one million? I am impressed, after reading so many reviews, realize that no one commented on this similarity. Enough of one million, two million, one thousand million ......... Where was the creativity of the nose behind these scents? Stop that cloning Paco rabanne!Expensive perfume and no novelty. Not bad, but I would not recommend.

Dirk
Dirk

Starts off not bad, but i cant have that drydown.
it is sickening me.
Sort of too sweet weird smell, which is absolutely not nice.
I wanted to wash of.
It has a very good sillage and longevity.

marko.tiution
marko.tiution

I tried it and Im not satisfied with that.
It is absolutely not my style..
On the other hand it's very strong so if you like maybe you should buy it

KNord
KNord

I don't like it, but don't hate it. It immediately reminded me of Le Male, but this is a Le Male with to much cinnamon.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It's about time to Diesel increase the "Fuel for Life" family with a more full-bodied, dense and nocturnal fragrance. Fuel for Life Spirit for Men brings a sexiest and outrageous appeal, without ceasing to be intensely masculine.

The bottle didn't bring big innovations, but the content – which is the most important – works beautifully. According to the manufacturer, this fragrance is composed by notes of bergamot, grapefruit and cinnamon in the output. In the heart, orange blossom, Iris and geranium and, finally, labdanum, myrrh, amber and Woody notes in the base.

If you are one of those who discards very strong and sweet type of scents, so it's better not to meet this one. Its output is quite intense (no wonder that brings in its bottle the inscription "use with extreme caution"), with a slight presence of the duo formed by citrus + cinnamon and a huge presence of the orange blossom, which ends up giving a tone very similar to the aroma of Altamir (Ted Lapidus) which also has many similarities with Gaultier² (Gaultier).

After about 20 minutes, the chemistry starts to happen and the aroma becomes less pungent and starts becoming more floral, with an alive tone of IRIS and a light touch of geranium, inside an elixir that is commanded, all the time, by the orange blossom.
Then, at the end of its evolution, an ambery balm that represents the golden color of the fragrance, properly embraced by resinous notes and incensed by myrrh and labdanum.

After 2 hours on the skin the scent is already new, with a more oriental and seductive aspect and, it is worth noting, less scary than when applied. In this final stage of evolution, it can introduce a sense of "déjà vu", but this doesn't take the brilliance and the power of this creation. The projection also calms down, but remains good and the lasting is wonderful.

DBradley
DBradley

This is a Monster!
In a good way.
it's have a very beautiful fragrance, it's lasts a lot
it's project so well and it's a Diesel.
Ladies love this stuff, smell like Dior Homme intense, Dark, sweetnes and spicy, like a liquor, is it the same note of Iris, but here have the cinnamont giving a touche of sweet. I really like it, it's the best since Spicebomb, transpass the Versace Eros, how's have the most comented lauche of this year and it's overhyped.
This thing have my respect and admiration.
I think it's best lauching of 2013.
For evening and night.
Pace.

Ziad81
Ziad81

When I sprayed it, first thought came to mind was like: Wait a second, you know this one, actually you had a bottle of it before. But this can't be true as this scent is 2013 release! Then I realized it's smells exactly like Axis Caviar premium which itself is a knockoff of PR OneMillion! No thanks, I'll pass.

binker
binker

Very good scent! Best Diesel has ever made! Smells like the original fuel for life mixed with spicebomb & ysl lhomme intense but better than all 3 of those! Perfect scent for fall winter.

lalelu
lalelu

smells like creme soda with cinnemon , it also has the lasting power and projection of musc ravagur .. sounds good? it is ;- )

harley200023
harley200023

I think this is the best diesel cologne out now.

nonsisa
nonsisa

I like this a lot even tough I'm not in to gourmands anymore.

Spirit has something damn sexy about it. Maybe its the iris cinnamon combination, or the well balanced incense/amber combo.

I'd definitively recommend it for people who like sweet scents.

junior halston
junior halston

Not available in the US but I was able to snag a large bottle on eBay well worth it. One of the best diesel scents for fall

Endymion
Endymion

Absolutely good!!!
I really don't understand the complaints! Bet that all these negative comments came from perfumes snobs...
Just because it comes from Diesel it can smell good, and it does!!!
I took home some paper strips with fragrances and kept on smelling 1, it smelt much better than any of them, and it was this! Smells even better than YSL L'homme Parfum Intense, and it's more intense than that one!

Give it a try, it's really nice and intense.

stever882
stever882

Is this avaliable in America ? I'm curious to try but can't find it

RobbieX
RobbieX

Had a quick try. Lovely, spicy, and full of character. This is a seriously nice juice that lasts and projects!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this one,IMHO..is the best since Spicebomb! Good one Diesel..love it!!

Tramontane
Tramontane

I was given a sample of this while I was looking for a new fragrance for my husband, I gave it to him to test along with some other new fragrances which were instantly forgettable. I liked this one immediately and wanted to almost eat his ear off. I only realised why when I went to make a cuba libre as this fragrance smells to me exactly like Sailor Jerry rum, must be the cinnamon. I don't think of it as intensly masculine at all, I think it would need a lot more incense and wood for that. I think this is a unisex fragrance for summer nights, rum bottle and ice to hand, listening to Boys of Summer and trying to remember lost youth.

Some of the diesel fragrances are okay...non have compelled me to buy as yet though.
Tried this today....boozy and awful!

A guy tried it after me and his girlfriend said ..."mmmm...that's gorgeous." There's no accounting for taste I suppose.... each to their own and all that but come on? I thought maybe she's an alcoholic? or has a seriously diminished sense of smell?
I very nearly opened up the debate on everything that was abhorrent about this stench there and then in the store...but realised that I would come off as a psycho!

Needless to say...I won't be getting this.

leecher88
leecher88

good perfume but very heavy !!!!

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I have never really been a fan of diesel fragrances and sadly this one has not changed my opinion of them.

Spirit could have been an exceptionally good fragrance but it doesn't quite cut it for me. I find many things wrong with this: there are better similar fragrances in this price range or for even cheaper- Joop Homme, Joop Homme wild, dior homme intense, Angel men pure malt.

Next I don't know who or where you would wear it the best I can come up with is a night out in the bar with mates or possibly a night club. Finally I don't know any ladies that like it.

On the plus side this scent is unique, very strong, intense and has great projection. I get 10+ hours out of it. The scent itself lets it down. It is a very strong, powerful, very synthetic, sweet, black gummy or liquorice whisky kind of scent.

The spices and amber make this warm and suitable for winter but it is unbearable for me. Far too cloying and sickly. If you love big powerful, spicy fragrances then you will probably like this. More reviews at mrproductreview.com

kaysee
kaysee

I'm sorry but I really don't like it.
It's not just boozy, it's more like having puked after having too many shots, mixed with some bug spray.

antonpan
antonpan

I must suppose Fuel for Life Spirit is a definite winner in 2013 for those who love Spicebomb, Joop Homme, Le Male etc. I do appreciate the power and the uniquness of the fragrance. Spirit combines two univerces: the specific fruity anise from the regular Fuel for Life and ambery vanilla sweet (very sweet!) from Gaultier 2 / Joop Homme. That way we get the fragrance more elegant and sophisticated than Joop Homme though more modern and powerful than Fuel for Life. Aсtually a strong release that has all potential to become a bestseller. The sillage is maximum, the longevity is nice.

Addition: Spirit is very close to Zegna Forte as well.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Gaultier II for me - straight away, anyone else get that impression???

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

tested it , it does smell like a RUM , didn't like it honestly. not my style.

Ichariot
Ichariot

I don't really like it. There's nothing wrong with a scent being sweet but in this particular scent the sweetness is irritating, cloying.. I find it hard to define why I dislike this scent but the overall image I get is "something that does not smell extravagant and classy"..

I could imagine the main audience for this perfume is the men who have no clue what to look for, or no courage to go for something special. It's probably something their girlfriend wants them to wear or something they wear because all their friends have it aswell.

I don't know, I rely on my instincts and my instincts tell me that I don't like it in particular.

JodieW1992
JodieW1992

Lovely fragrance, similar to Altamir, a warm scent & it most definitely would last. I think this is going to be a big hit with my male customers - and their partners!

dozza14
dozza14

I usually enjoy diesel fragrances but this smells medicinal like Bengay mixed with Candy! Pass, sorry

Gault
Gault

Very strange scent, the original is much better. It has very strong boozy, roasted and sweet liquorish smell with a plastic undertone, Im not sure what liquid is it, but not something classy. Melting cotton candy, maybe noname brandy from some caramellized fruits plus brazil nut with a touch of anise, but the whole smells like something I would polish or clean with. I usually dont appreciate when someone compare a fragrance to "bug sprays", but this is indeed chemical enough to mention something like that. Perhaps a Snickers bar has similar smell if you throw it into the fire with the wrapping.
It can be pleasent if you take the slogan on the bottle seriously and use just few light sprays only.
Long lasting, 10+ hours.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Sweeter than the original, a bit cloying, not worth it.

Molko

I tested today on a paper, I really like it, also not a masculine monster (unisex), similar to the original and the denim but completes with amber or liquor/rum, more spicy, heavier, not too much almond/nutmeg and not too sweet, I enjoy also the bottle, easy and comfort in my hand:)
update: I tried on my skin, so cool. Fresher, spicier, stronger than denim or original fuel and sillage/lasting is finally really decent:)
update: for my nose similar to YSL homme intense

MexiKen09
MexiKen09

Grapefruit is not on the Perfume Pyramid... But it' listed as a Note. If anyone gets to smell this pleas share!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Just tried this today.

A total mess. Cloying, cheap and unrefined sweetness. Poor composition.
Of course they had to add some badly executed iris to follow the trend.

This fragrance is just "too much of everything" to be good. Outrageous for sure. Superficial, lacks of personality.

Anyways I didn't expect much from the Diesel house. So far all their scents for men have been disastrous. Keep them coming Diesel, the more frags I smell from you the more I enjoy my good old Chanel, Hermès and Cartier classics !

That said it's a funny fragrance. I had a good laugh smelling it, but Diesel should definitely stick to clothes.

Cheers !

murysusanto
murysusanto

Oh dear, another fuel for life in amber color. I just have to have it.
The previous editions are long lasting and worth to buy, let's see how good this one is.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Now I have got to ask the voters, where they bought their fucking time machines, because it says on the description "the fragrance comes out in April 2013". Since you have been in April 2013, tell what happened to the world until there.

Senzadite
Senzadite

I love Fuel for life, i hope this one is as good as that one...´cause the notes seems like a Diesel version of Dior homme...lot of Iris going on...could it be the new oud?

Fuel For Life Spirit by Diesel 3.65 out of 5 based on 245 ratings and 59 user reviews

Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit eau de toilette tester for men 2.5 oz
Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diesel Fuel For Life Spirit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fuel For Life Spirit by Diesel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fuel For Life Spirit by Diesel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.