Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Loverdose Diesel for women

Loverdose Diesel for women
dislike

I have it: 907 I had it: 209 I want it: 954 My signature: 32

Loverdose Diesel for women Pictures Loverdose Diesel for women Pictures Loverdose Diesel for women Pictures Loverdose Diesel for women Pictures Loverdose Diesel for women Pictures

Diesel spices up its perfume line with the new edgy edition named Loverdose in a game of words that be interpreted as "Lover Dose" or "Love Overdose”. The fragrance is announced as a "beautiful but deadly weapon of seduction", made to "ignite passions like never before".

Diesel Loverdose allegedly possesses molecules that stimulate hypothalamus, the part of the brain responsible for attraction and lust. The very composition is floral – spicy, opening with star anise and mandarin. Sambac jasmine, licorice and gardenia petals form the core of the composition, placed on an oriental base of amber, vanilla and woody notes.

The bottle is symbolically designed to resemble a heart – shaped diamond pierced by an arrow, colored in intense shades of purple. The face of the fragrance is a young model Ashley Smith.

Diesel Loverdose is available as 35, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Loverdose was launched in 2011.

Mandarin Orange Star Anise

Blue Sugar

Loverdose Fragrance Reviews

Rianna1
Rianna1

Nothing ground breaking for me unfortunately. This smells like your typical overly sweet perfume that you find everywhere. I get no licorice or spice everyone else seems to be picking up.. Weird. This one will be on my swap list soon.

framorena
framorena

I confess; overlooking this, I was going to swimming-pool, and I was looking for something anonymous to wear (yes I'm strange), and took a 1 ml sample of this one, sent to me with a purchase of an other perfume.
But when I sprayed... it's so strong! "Well, no matter, I' ll take a shower before entering the pool".
Ahahah.
It's been there for the whole training, but people with me didn't seem offended.
Ok, so: unmistakeable a vanilla perfume, therefore sweet, but I find that woods, licorice and anise add something able to tone down and get it more pleasant. Yes, the heart-shaped bottle can't help to figure, but it's not only a girly perfume to me.
Outcome: I ordered one

becky_ep
becky_ep

This perfume is intoxicating... it's one of those that makes you sniff your wrist even hours after spraying it on!

I love how warm this feels on and even though it is sweet and gentle I find it to be super sexy! A gorgeous bottle (as always from Diesel) and I can't wait to add a full size one to my collection.

mandy.may
mandy.may

I loooove this.when I spray it on it intoxicates my senses in a beautiful,faraway,kind of candyland way.im so sad that after I put it on the scent seems to disappear...
UPDATE:I tried this a second time and it made me sick to my stomach :(

LicoriceAllSorts
LicoriceAllSorts

I adore the licorice/aniseed scent, Id like it to last a little bit longer thou, its not to bad, I got 4 hours out of it before needing to re-apply, To me its a scent best sniffed from the bottle, Im not sure If I want this smell on me as a day to day thing.
Its over priced for what it is to be honest but very yummy and I will allways have a small bottle in my collection.
I think the idea is to wait till this little cutie is on special/sale and then buy two.

aliciabrown14
aliciabrown14

Starting out, on my skin, it smelled great and the licorice notes really standed out. However, as time went on, something rather odd happened because of my natural skin chemistry. This perfume made me smell like a pot smoker, which I am not in any regard. For some reason, it gives of a "cannabis" smell on my skin, and this is very disappointing because I had been regaling everyone with how much I loved the licorice smell.

daniquevanaalst
daniquevanaalst

Even though I like this perfume, I wouldn't repurchase it. The liqourice and anise notes stand out a lot, which I don't mind but frankly a lot of people do. Some of my friends really disliked the scent so I didn't wear it whenever I hang out with them. The longevity and sillage are perfectly amazing, but I prefer wearing perfumes that are less obnoxious to people around me.

zalc
zalc

I passed this several times in shops before I sampled it as although the bottle is undeniably pretty I associated the colour and style of the bottle with a fragrance that was aimed at teens. I assumed this would be another typical overly sweet gourmand type of scent with not much else going on.....and I was wrong! I kicked myself for not trying this beauty sooner and of course left the shop as the proud owner of a 50ml bottle of this gorgeous fragrance. Yes its sweet and gourmand but there is definitely more going on. I disagree with others that have said the liquorice note is too strong I mean don't get me wrong liquorice is definitely centre stage in this composition but it is blended so beautifully and seamlessly with the vanilla, jasmine, amber and anise that it doesn't punch you in the face at all. This is liquorice perfection in my opinion, I could see how someone who isn't overly keen on liquorice might find this to be overwhelming but if you enjoy liquorice in fragrances this is definitely recommended. There is a Lolita Lempicka vibe to this as other members have mentioned so if you like LL fragrances I doubt you will be disappointed with this. Longevity and silage are acceptable, could be better but then couldn't it always when its a fragrance we love....the ones we dislike seem to linger for days lol

Stelala
Stelala

If you love licorice like me, you have to get this one! I hated Black XS, it was sickening sweet. However, this vanilla in Loverdose is more powdery and sexy.
It opens up with the strong star anise and licorice, then comes the gorgeous jasmine, gardenia and some amber. When all else fades there is a lush vanilla combined with some woody notes. I don't think it smells like candy at all!
It lasts about 6 hours on me, which isn't horrible, but not impressive either. I would recommend it if you want to try a different kind of powdery, soft spicy vanilla scent.

duftduft
duftduft

Hypnotic Poison + Lolita Lempicka.
Warm Vanilla, Jasmine and Woody Notes with a forever lasting power plus Licorice and Star Anise. Lots of Licorice and Star Anise!
I honestly dislike eating them both but this scent smells so delicious. It´s sweet, sexy, warm and totally stands out. Not for everyone but for me a big YES!

happycapybara
happycapybara

Hello My Loverdose! You sweet and edgy surprise encased in a beautiful Lilac glass heart shaped bottle. The romantic in me can never ignore ANYTHING in the shape of a heart, <3 and Loverdose is no exception. The show starts with a flourish as the trumpet section begins playing with a loud blast of anise, licorice, and bright citrus. Not long after, a company full of dancing tutu'd vanilla bon bon ballerinas pirouette their way out onto the stage, quickly commanding the performance. Their sweet presence softens the atmosphere and meshes so well with the instrumentals, drawing in the audience with their dreamy beauty. Next introduced into the production are the jasmine and amber background vocals, dressed in black, gyrating back in the shadows, discreetly adding depth, balance, and complexity. The show frolics on for several hours, creating a thoroughly enjoyable, raucous, and attention getting spectacle, quite irresistible actually...
Once the last act is over, the vanilla bon bons refuse to leave the stage! They insist on taking bow after bow, hand in hand with their friends the anise trumpets! Both leave such a memorable and lasting impression, their delicious presence is felt for hours and hours after the curtain has gone down.
Sillage: 4/5
Longevity 4/5
Overall Beauty of Scent 3.75/5

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

It has a very nice powdery floral scent which i find sexy and feminine, better for evening wear. In my opinion though its nothing special. Its a scent you've most likely smelt before, theres a bundle of perfumes with similar scents its not much different. So its lovely, my friend has it but its not a head turner.

On my skin it reminded me of guerlain insolence and the colour of the bottle did as well.

vlynna
vlynna

I received this one as gift, and I think it's an okay perfume. But there's nothing unique about it, all I can smell when I am wearing it is licorice and vanilla. It's too sweet for me, I smell like a walking candy crane.

It only lasts about 3 hours on me though. Luckily the bottle is cute so it's a good extension to my perfume collection. Haha.

Alysha
Alysha

I saw this at shoppers drug mart on the 19.99 perfume shelf. I have seen it before and not paid much attention to it. I assumed it was just like a basic boring overly perfumy type of scent. A J Lo live Luxe kind of scent or Adidas Rhythm sport scent. Both i dislike. I don't know how to describe that ' perfumey ' category, or even where my assumption would come from. I really judged a book by its cover.

Anyways, I bought my original intended blind buy (100 ml @19.99 guess by Marciano) and made a mental note to research Loverdose. Having read up on loverdose on fragranta, of course I was back on the hunt to find it. I found a tester in the actual perfume section of another Shoppers Drug Mart. Sniffing from the bottle, it smells like Katy Perry Killer Queen. When you spray it, the initial spray is sort of strong and liquoricey. I'm ok with that. The dry down is nice, still liquorice and a little vanilla. I have to admit, I tried this with a spray of pink sugar and in a few hours it developed into a nice powdery pink sugar smell. I liked the combo and will wear it again.

I see this all the time shoppers drug mart on the 19.99 shelf. I got 30 mls and I'm happy with my purchase. Not in love. But happy.

Julyjewel
Julyjewel

I really love this fragrance, the lovely licorice and star anise sitting on top of a warm, vanillary base.

However I'm so disappointed that when I spray it on my skin, that lovely anise zing disappears in about 45 minutes and just leaves a fairly non-descript, soft, sweet vanilla. The licorice is hardly detectable anymore.

On my paper test strip however, the notes that I love seem to remain for quite an extended period, still detectable much later in the day.

I guess this means I don't have the right chemistry. Enjoy it if you do!!!

nitschevo
nitschevo

I had a really really bad experience with this one. And let me tell you that I'm not one to judge or discard quickly but this one is a big no on me. It smells like Haribo licorice sweets on me. And while I love to eat them I certainly do not want to smell like one. Sadly the scent stays the same and there's not much development going on. This does not happen often to me but yuck, no.

gloom
gloom

a sharp sweet candy
its a warm vanilla scent. crisp sweet and sugary with fresh spices on the top and some sparkling white florals in the drydown its full warm but light transparent
sensual bold retro playfull
very special and delicious my favourite candy scent ❤️

Opening-Note
Opening-Note

One of my friends wears this fragrance, and she always smells AMAZING. I finally bought it, and I have to say that I absolutely love how this smells on me. If you don't like licorice, then this fragrance is almost definitely not for you because the licorice note is very strong, as is the vanilla note. It is a warm and heavy scent-- perfect for late fall and all through winter. It is a sexy and sweet fragrance as well, which makes it a good date-night or special occasion fragrance.
Also, the bottle is GORGEOUS-- it was MADE to display!
All in all, I really love this perfume, and I can't wait for winter so that I can wear this one all the time.

mariemagdalene
mariemagdalene

wow, this is delicious, will definitely buy it when it gets colder (too strong for summer I think)

bridgette

Anise stands out, but is softened. Sweet, interesting, and light... while it lasts. But it doesn't last long. I wouldn't buy it for the sole reason that it disappears on me so quick.

serenitylola
serenitylola

This reminds me of Flowerbomb + Licorice. The licorice tones down the sweetness with a hint of spice that makes it more mysterious and sexy. I love lolita lempicka and they don't smell the same. LL is a little more spicy and very pretty powdery. Both are unique scents that you can check out.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I sampled it today, having great expectations. The opening is in-your-face anise, which I find borderline acceptable for my tastes. It is a sort of boozy anise, spicy and heady, sharp even. Then, in the heart, the anise becomes sweeter: licorice. I think I can smell dark chocolate (a visciously dark one), which is not listed in the notes. There's woodsy and ambery undertones, keeping this from becoming too sweet, as well as something smokey. I would say the amber is luscious and dark, almost reminiscent of incense. The vanilla is in the background, but becomes more prominent in the drydown.
This reminds me of Lolita Lempicka, albeit a bit more on the "rock" side. Also, the vanilla isn't a fruity version, but a more flower-ish (but gourmand at the same time) one, maybe because of the flowers, which I cannot smell per se.
All in all, I really like this, and could see myself wearing this during the colder months, enveloping myself warmly in its spicy, sweetish whisps.

maltatude
maltatude

Tried this today... Finally...

I can see how people liken this to Ultrared - It has a liquorice note / anise... whatever... but unlike Ultrared, this is kind of wedged in there. It sticks out a bit... whereas Ultrared's use of it is way more marshmallowy, candy, sugary then you get that subtle wisp of a delicious vanillic anise accord.

This left me feeling a bit unsure - I am going to try it again. I think if you find Ultrared a bit too oriental, vanillic, or heavy... this one is your juice (if you like the ingrediets that is).

The bottle is so pretty, I am going to have to give this another try.

Edit: I've tried this again... Liquorice... Its really nothing like Ultrared. This is not an ultra sweet vanillic, slightly powdery soft oriental. The dry down liquorice note after 5 hours DOES smell like Ultrared but you could easily own both of these and not think it's too much of the same thing. Anise yes, the rest is not a match to my nose at all. I also don't like this one at all. But I am sure some people will love it.

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

Such an interesting fragrance. The overall vibe on my skin seems a lot like Paris hilton Dazzle meets Madona truth or dare. In the opening I DO get a lot of the listed notes, but after it dries down I get the PH Dazzle vibe with some tart tuberose also and sandalwood. Could be just me, but yeah. Its also VERY strong and long lasting. I wore this yesterday to mask the scent of freshly hennad hair (which reeks like dog/cow), and I ended up getting some compliments on it! Job done!

mistykerryn

Gosh I love this stuff. I won't eat liquorice but this perfume makes it smell great. First spray is pure liquorice. I smell the candy liquorice allsorts. The star anise is really strong at first but it calms down quickly and the sweet citrus and floral notes show up and it's really quite nice. It reminds me a lot of the drink root beer. I like it. My favourite part is the drydown, subtle liquorice notes surrounded by vanilla. There's a sweet refreshing quality to it and I just love it.

polly golightly
polly golightly

bomba iniziale di liquirizia e anice, molto lolita lempicka style, che vira lentamente verso note di mezzo di arancia, assestandosi infine su gelsomino e ambra. tra le infinite profumazioni fiorite-speziate che osano poco o nulla, questa ha un certo perchè.

Lillitth
Lillitth

This is wonderful! It goes on with a lovely sweet anise and orange. Yes, it's strong, but it quiets down rather quickly to a gorgeous creamy jasmine/amber with just a touch of gardenia, vanilla and licorice. It's sweet without being cloyingly so. I can't stop smelling myself. I love it. If it lasts on me, I will buy a bottle immediately.

Update: 6 hours later I still smell softly like fading amber and faint licorice. If you do not like licorice this is not the perfume for you. I smelled it all through the mid and base notes. Since I personally love it, I plan to wear this often. My husband loves it too and gives it a 9.

giorgio 223
giorgio 223

lovely!!!!!!!!!

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

I absolutely love Loverdose! It great for those cold and frosty winter days and will keep you feeling all warm and cozy. I haven't smelled anything quite like it. The only negative I can think of is that it can be a little overpowering when just applied. The smell is very strong.

It starts with a strong mixture of licorice and star anise. After about an hour or so those tend to fade for me and I can distinguish a tinge of jamsmin, some woody notes and a teeny tiny bit of the mandarin. When all the sillage has gone you can still smell a lovely vanilla on your skin.

Loverdose is my favourite to wear in autumn and winter. Even though I'm freezing and the wind and rain is ruining my hair, I'll still feel beautiful, interesting and just a little bit mysterious when I wear this. I don't have an overall signature scent yet, but Loverdose is definitely the one in cold weather for me. I find that warm weather turns the licorice note a bit sour on me. Overall I really love Loverdose, and when my 50ml bottle runs out, I might just repurchase it again, something I usually never do.

craftyminx
craftyminx

Very sweet licorice and vanilla, with just a hint of jasmine that, on me, does the same grape-y thing that the jasmine in Alien does, but to a lesser degree. It's definitely a casual fragrance, rather than the sexy scent the advertising led me to expect, and very much a cool-weather scent. Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure yet whether it's a "love."

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

*sigh* I wish I could love this fragrance. It has a mostly beautiful sweet, comfy composition. Just the right amount of vanilla, spice and floral. I can even appreciate the complexity of adding the licorice note. Except.... Something in this punches you right in the olfactory system and gets right up your nose. I find that the scents from the house of Byredo all have the same sharp note too. If you like that house, you'll LOVE this one for the price point! Luckily, that sharpness does start to settle down after about 30 mins. Unfortunately, I find it annoying enough to not put this on my buy list. I will opt for loverdose tattoo instead. I find this fragrance to be an incredibly close comparison for theorema by fendi. Anyone looking to replace that one should try this.

secretsweets
secretsweets

I Love it!!

YasminLegacy
YasminLegacy

Well Well Well... what can I say about this fragrance.

I'm not usually a fan of diesel perfumes and I must admit that this purchase was in fact a blind buy. This fragrance was on sale in debenhams for £23 and I couldn't resist. I remember once sampling this perfume when I was 15 and seemed to enjoy it, mind you I applied it on a card.

I must admit, I had to force myself to like it when I sprayed it the second time in my life. The smell of licorice is so over powering which kind of put me off the perfume. I felt as if I smelt like a man. But after the mist settles on your skin, an overwelming scent of vanilla just hits you and it smells gorgeous.

The advantages of this scent is that one spray goes a long way. Throughout the whole day I was met with little bursts of vanilla and soft spicy tones which compliment each other. Also that the bottle is beautiful, purple and black reflect the scent of the perfume, quite dark and mysterious. I just love the fact that its different as opposed to the other kinds of perfume packaging.

I cant put an age on this perfume, its for anyone who likes musky, licorice and vanilla scents. I'd say its a winter fragrance, perfect for cuddle season due to the soft and spicy chords it unravels.

The pricing is on point I'd say but I wouldn't re- purchase this, mainly because its just too strong for my liking.

Overall, lovely scent (once the licorice melts away). Definitely a value for money fragrance since it lasts a long time, on your skin and inside the bottle. I believe that its a winter/ evening fragrance but I wouldn't re-purchase as I prefer my sweet/ fruity perfumes.

mistykerryn

I first tried this a couple of weeks ago, and immediately wrote it off as a "dislike," because all I could smell was liquorice, and I hate liquorice. Mind you, I had only sprayed it on the tester card.

Today I decided to give it another chance, mainly because I think the bottle is beautiful, this time I sprayed it on my wrist, and wow, I was surprised! The liquorice worked surprisingly well, it was sweet and refreshing, in the same way that mint is refreshing (this fragrance doesn't smell like mint though), it may have been the citrus note. To me this actually smelled a lot like the soft drink Sarsaparilla, which I do like.

I found myself constantly sniffing my arm. This scent is really unique to me, nothing like any of my other perfumes, and it's not generic or something you smell everyday. This perfume is definitely different and has personality.
Anyway, after the top notes wore off, the vanilla became more apparent, and the liquorice notes became much softer and creamier. It was really nice!

I'm still on the fence about whether I would actually wear this scent, I'm not sure if I would really want to go around smelling like liquorice, but judging by how well this perfume worked on me today, I'm seriously considering adding it to my collection!

I'd also love to try to "tattoo" edition of this fragrance, but I can't find it anywhere :(

shaymaa.y.youssef
shaymaa.y.youssef

First I tried it on my wrist and decided not to buy it and chose another one I found it strong a little.Then after leaving the store I tried a sniff on my wrist it was awesome . I loved it very much could not resist smelling it over & over .It is very sensual despite I don't like liquorice but the combination with white flowers and vanilla is great. Couldn't resist its beauty I bought it and I am wearing it everyday.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

I've come to really love this perfume even though I don't like licorice AT ALL. I wore it to a dinner yesterday and people kept telling me that they loved the way I smelled. I think the licorice is strong at first but really dies down to a unique blend of warm spicy vanilla wood. I honestly think it's very intoxicating like a lot of the Diesel perfumes.

Plus the bottle is so adorable! It definitely really stands out.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

its a very-tart-sweet smelling licorice & vanilla mixture to my nose. Quite heady and strong IMO, I think this will go well with those who love sugary sweet scents, maybe would best work for colder weathers..??? not for me.. sorry! :(

KisaSlater
KisaSlater

Got this one in the mail today and i was very pleasantly surprised.
I normally hate liquorish, so i assumed i'd hate the smell as well.
But this is a very nice sweet smell. Quite happy with this buy
Now waiting for the loverdose in the black bottle to arrive from Israel
Should be exciting!

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I'd been wanting this fragrance for a long time. Funny thing is I'm not sure why because it was a total blind buy. I kept seeing it come up in relation to scents I already like so I figured it wouldn't be too far off. Thank goodness I was right. This one is absolutely amazing. At first spritz I definitely got the licorice smell but not overwhelming. It quickly mixed in and I got the sweet musky vanilla and the licorice is still there but it lingers. Not too powerful but just enough to smell warm and softly spicy and cozy. It's quite a soothing and relaxing scent to me. Very happy with my blind buy.

ru2
ru2

I'm not the biggest fan of the taste of liquorice, but I don't mind the smell. When you first spray it you instantly get hit by the liquorice note, but within a minute it dissappears and the perfume drys down to a gorgeous vanilla, wooody and musky scent. I smell jasmine too. But theres something giving this perfume an edge to set it apart from other woody florals, and it makes this perfume distinctive. For that reason, it would make a great signature. Love this a lot and wear it during the day, its strong and stays all day but doesn't produce massive amounts sillage, which I like. I think this is probably my favourite perfume out of the ones I own. If you're someone who is quite minimalistic, feminine but not girly, likes to be different but not over the top. This perfume would suit you well.

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

Well it's certainly a interesting and odd smelling perfume, I haven't smelt anything that reminds me of it before, that's for sure. I was bought this as a surprise birthday present (by my husband who of course was suckered into it by the first sales assistant who managed to get her hands on him as usual), so had no idea of it beyond the adverts on tv.

So diving in nose first, curious and half awake, I got a massive shock! Didn't smell anything floral or what my previously untrained nose thought of as 'perfumey' , instead I smelt purely of root beer as soon as I covered myself in it!! Nothing else! And as for inspiring lust like the description...? No, all I wanted was to lay my hands on a fizzy drink...

So, if you love root beer with a passion and honestly want to smell of it then I'm sure you will be delighted... But I think I will pass... Didn't suit my personality but it was a interesting 'experiment' :)

bojana23
bojana23

looked so promising, was so disappointing

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I got a EDP deluxe mini of this with a Sephora order, and it was nice but too sweetly cloying for me. Not a big fan of licorice, but my best friend is so she was very pleased with this. She used up the whole bottle in about a year and her co-worker fell in love with smelling it on her. I think this is a good fragrance for candy gourmand lovers. The bottle is also gorgeous and unique.

silverpetals
silverpetals

All I smelt was licorice... a big no-no for me seeing as I can't stand it! A shame as the bottle is lovely and I've been recommended this by more than a few people.

I like this one very much. At first when I sniffed it I felt licorice and sweetness but it faded into sweet vanilla fruity scent. And it is not too sweet for me.
It sounds weird but I sense some kind of sweet freshness in it.
And the best part is still licorice which suits so well into this combination. It is not overdosed for me.

CherryKissesxxx
CherryKissesxxx

What a gem! Once the top medicinal-like notes leave, I'm left with the warmest of fragrances. Deep, dark and mysterious. Lasts for hours and has great sillage. I'm keeping this one!

Eastsiderider
Eastsiderider

It's an interesting scent, kind of out there, but I'm not too impressed to buy it just yet :D The bottle is very nice but that's the diesel trademark. Somehow reminds me of CK shock, they came out the same time or something?

Diesel and their funky openings. The first few minutes of Loverdose smell like medicine. Citrus + licorice/anise just does not smell awesome to me.
It dries down to a spicy vanilla Oriental which smells almost identical to Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited.
I do enjoy the drydown more. I've even entertained the idea of acquiring a bottle, but I own a couple different fragrances with licorice/anise and Loverdose hasn't really earned a spot amongst them.

marush25
marush25

It is sweet-fruity, represents young women. I don't feel any spice notes there. It is for daywear. The power is wonderful!

Lali_7
Lali_7

It may not sound too good, but Loverdose's sweet vanilla base with strong anise/licorice mixes perfectly well with cigarette smoke. Very helpful for colder days, when scents stick to you longer :) I like the fragrance alone, but when I smelled my jacket (which I previously sprayed with this perfume) after smoking, it was even better! It goes well together. I know smoking's bad and stinky, but just saying, cause some perfumes are totally ruined if you smell of smoke at the same time, but this one works.

GartenGnome
GartenGnome

I have a crush...
...on MYSELF!... whenever I wear this! <3

dovey
dovey

If only it didn't have the anise note (which I hate)
for it gives me a stomachache
other wise I would have bought even a complete set of it
Too bad anise is a deal breaker for me

Juliana6

This is my second review of this scent. When I wrote the first one, I already noticed that quite dazzling, intoxicating opening. Back then I didn't love that and thought this perfume was not for me. But after having smelled the drydown, I gave one more try to this scent and fell in love. But the scent was too pricey for me, so I kept dreaming about it. Yesterday a colleague said she wanted to give away for a chocolate her almost full bottle (50 ml) "Loverdose" and I couldn't resist. And I'm happy about that.
This perfume is quite strong, sweet, "thick", so you must be careful when applying (otherwise it can make you and other persons suffocate). It's a delicious fairy tale with some depth added. From the cap it smells like Mugler's Alien with some Fantasy of Britney Spears (I love/like them both). By the way, I smell some nice almond essence which isn't listed.
Fresh but still gourmand, spicy but still floral. A real chameleon among the perfumes.

meuytato
meuytato

i think it is funny when i sniff on my arms and found that smell like ROOTBEER! haha
i dont know weather i like it ir not ... maybe soso.

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

I love sweet and vanilla perfumes and it is definitely one of them.

valerie.aardahl
valerie.aardahl

I must begin by saying that this fragrance is very easily recognizable. I think many people have love and hate relationship with it. Myself, I like it very much, but I don’t think I would be able to use it every day, it's easy to get tired of. Note combination is unique and rather reminds me of a old-fashioned perfume. And I love the amazing design of the bottle
Nevertheless, it lasts incredibly long and has beautiful silage. Perfect for late fall and winter.

xVal

I'm not a fun of licorice, not even vanilla, but there's something unique going on in this fragrance.
The smell is so addicting and sensual.
At first all you can smell is licorice, but minutes later I can detect mandarine, what makes it less sweet, the jasmine plays all along the way too.
In the end you can detect only vanilla, but it's very delicate.
The staying power is forever. 10+
I can use this perfume only in winter time, because only then I find that the smell is going really well with the weather, in hot summer days this is too too sweet, it's just doesn't meant to be worn then.
SEXY FRAGRANCE, I always get compliments!
Smells amazing and the bottle is gorgeous,you need nothing else.

Maddlesbubbles
Maddlesbubbles

Licorice. Licorice. Licorice. Licorice. <3

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Loverdose, oh Loverdose, how I love thee, regardless of thy tacky name. I get a bit of a side-eye from people whenever they ask me what it is and I say "Loverdose", haha.

Honestly, though, what a beautiful perfume from Diesel! A cozy, licorice fragrance for the winter in a beautiful purple bottle. I am asked about it almost everytime I wear it. This is one of the scents that grew on me, but very quickly. I am not a fan of licorice, so when I first sprayed it on myself it was off-putting to say the least. I had to walk around Sephora wearing it before I went from "I hate this" to "I'm buying it!"

Now I absolutely love it. "Sensual" is a fantastic word for it. It is sweet, but it's very headstrong because of the licorice. I never would have guessed there was any florals in there until I looked up the notes. I can sense the licorice, vanilla, and Jasmine on myself, but with those few notes the smell is a lot more complex and moody. It's a sweet, warm, long-lasting and addictive scent.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I dislike licorice, but I'm still intrigued with the idea of loverdose, as its supposed to be such a dark, sultry fragrance for night time. But i read many reviews comparing it to Lolita and flower bomb, which in my opinion, are the furthest things from sexy. They're 100% day time perfumes IMO, very office friendly and bland. I've read that they are almost exactly the same as loverdose, so I'm wondering what puts gives Loverdose the extra "edge." All opinions are subjective, but they've been compared often and that's what keeps me from getting loverdose as a blind buy. If it does smell like the afore mentioned, I think my loverdose curiosity will wither away. Can anyone expand on this?

svcraeyn
svcraeyn

I really love this. I'm in love with this because its sweet and sensual at the same time. The vanilla is for me the most dominant. So if you don't like vanilla, this is nothing for you. But for me, it works brilliant. Must-have!

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Once hated Loverdose. Now I feel mild dislike.

Warm, sweet orange licorice and anise. Unusual scent, commonly sweet. Alien's daughter posing as a stereotypical teenage girl.

PrettyFieldsOfFlowers
PrettyFieldsOfFlowers

I love this.One of my signatures.I think the liquorice note is what makes this perfume so seductive in a very naughty,edgy and unique way.I cant really detect vanilla in this however,not that it's a bad thing though,frankly I am sick of smelling vanilla everywhere.In fact,if I were to compare liquorice and vanilla in terms of seduction in perfumery,I'd say vanilla is vulgar and "slutty" whereas liquorice is only slightly teasing you:)

cori.x
cori.x

as the previous reviewers have mentioned, there's several other well known fragrances that are very similar to this. mostly, the flowerbomb, thierry mugler angel, lolita lempicka, ck forbidden euphoria. so to talk about the comparison of these, the only part that makes loverdose standout from this group is, i think it has the best looking bottle. other than that, lolita is cheaper, flowerbomb and angel maybe more expensive, but they both have more depth and less heady than this one, and much better longevity and sillage. euphoria is out of the competition, not the best price longevity sillage or bottle. so, take your pick.

miss_atypical
miss_atypical

This fregrance is really intense when you first spray it. It's strange and kindof unpleasent. But it redeems itself after it dries down. That's not to say it wastes away after dry down, it's still plenty intense, just not uncomfortably so.

It's a very warm scent and the anise and vanilla are most prominent to my nose. It's sweet but not too sweet because the anise is so prominant.

It's definately different from what I usually wear, but despite it's strangeness I can't seem to stop smelling it.

It is quite long lasting and sillage is decent.

addybubble
addybubble

This perfume has such a typical sweet smell that is almost similar to the popular Britney Spears perfume that so many young girls wear. It is nice, but I do not find it unique or so much inspiring.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

Ok, when I first sprayed this in Myer I was not impressed. I really dislike licorice so I wrote it off straight away. They gave me a couple of samples which I stored away as soon as I got them home. One day I was bored and going through my stuff and came across them, I spritzed them again and I'm so glad I did!

I'm addicted to this scent- once you get past the inital licorice/jelly-bean smell (which actually isn't as bad as I first thought) it turns into a yummy licorice/musky/spicy/vanilla jam. After a couple hours it smells divine- foody-vanilla, and I can't stop sniffing my wrists! Everytime I've worn this around my bf he seems to love it. I'm not sure if it actually contains molecules that stimulate the hypothalamus and cause attraction but it definitely seems to do something! (;

It's a bit intense for everyday wear in the warmer months, but great for nights out and in the winter time. So if you wrote this scent off like me, try re-visiting it who knows you might fall in love.

SazzieBunny
SazzieBunny

I love the bottle and when I smelt this in the shop I loved it but, vanilla is one of my favourite notes in perfumes and in loverdose the vanilla notes are way too synthetic for me :( it's a very teenage girl perfume, a bit too sickly sweet

andabri
andabri

On my skin this is a very straightforward licorice and anise softened by a base of vanilla, amber and wood with an overlay of sweet. It's very sweet, but not in the toothache kind of way. Unfortunately I could not smell any citrus or floral notes, which would have made it more interesting on my skin.

Imagine a bag of old fashioned black licorice (the kind with the the cool fancy thick paper packaging) that was sitting in a wooden shelf filled with spices in a log cabin for a while. Then imagine you eat all the licorice and only have the empty bag. Loverdose smells like that empty bag, the paper infused with the the strong scent of black licorice and some of the smell of spice and wood absorbed into the paper from sitting on the shelf.

I'm not sure I like smelling like an empty candy bag.

Lushylori

I just purchased Loverdose last night at my local drug store "Shoppers Drug Mart" in Canada for only $19.99.
I've wanted to add this one to my collection for awhile because I love the unique scent of Licorice and Anise in a perfume and it is a pleasant change, but I was never willing to spend the $60.00 that most stores in my area were asking for it.
The name sounds Dirty and immediately made me laugh when I first heard it.
Unfortunately this perfume doesn't last very long on me but while it is on,it smells yummy :)
I'd say this perfume is geared towards the late teens to middle thirties because it does carry a youthful vibe.
It kind of reminds me of "Black Star" by Avril Lavine but it is much richer in scent and more put together. It's VERY sweet,so don't over dose while applying it.
Its a cute addition to my perfume vanity :)

rosembloom
rosembloom

This sounds just like my type.. am wanting it ;)

Dollycat
Dollycat

This reminds me very much of Alien but this one is must sweeter. I like it but it's only for the sweet lovers. It's a warm, deep and sensual perfume. It's nice but not very special there are a lot of scent out there smelling the same. The longetivity is excellent.

Tulipano
Tulipano

I went to the perfumes shop and I sniffed two or three fragrances. But I was hit by this particular one! But since it is not on my want list, I forgot it for a while completely! Of-course I did not forget to spray it here & there! On my way back home,it kept grabbing my arms gently and whispering: I am here! I am here! And here I am falling in love with this naughty and erotic fragrance!
It is a fantastic autumn or winter fragrance! The sillage keeps haunting you and it lasts pretty well!
Way to go, Diesel!

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

Sexy and very feminine. Lots of licorice and anise, sweet, terribly sweet. Better suited for night, because it's a very strong fragrance. Cool, but I don't think I'll buy it, just because the price is a little high for something I won´t wear everyday. :P

kikiena01
kikiena01

I love this perfume, just not on my skin. Such a shame. It turns so bitter, I can't stand it. But on my sister's skin it has sweet feel to it. That makes me so angy, because I want to wear it too! It's so sensual, seductive and sexy...

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

vanillary29
vanillary29

First of all, what a cool looking bottle! Probably the cutest bottle in my collection.

Second of all, the scent itself is a really potent sweet, spicy and woodsy vanilla-bomb! The potency is almost like that of Calvin Klein Euphoria, wherein using a light hand is absolutely essential unless you want to afflict the people in your immediate vicinity.

That being said, I really love this! Its perfect for the colder weather, and it is a scent that makes you feel good and self-assured.

llgonzal78
llgonzal78

Unfortunately, no perfume has ever made me want to vomit as much as this one. Yuck!!! Smells like hairspray.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

@ xjulietdx, I honestly do not understand why you would try Loverdose when you know you hate licorice and anise???? That would be like me saying I hate chocolate ice cream, and go buy a tub of it and eat it and then throw up because I hate it !!!

What is with these people who try fragrances with notes that they hate. And then come on here and post a review about trying something they hate! I don't get it.

#confused

teo_moscalu
teo_moscalu

discovered loverdose by accident. the first 5 min it was too strong, couldn't tell how it actually smelled. but when I got home 20 min later, the smell became clear and reminded me of my shampoo from when I was a little girl. it could even work as a daytime perfume in small doses. but yes, I'm in love with its surprising nature.

loverdose + villain (ed hardy). also a great accidental discovery

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

So many guys have told me how amazing i smell when I wear this! I get soft vanilla and cold liquorice and it smells so feminine and sexy! I love it!!!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Slight bit spicy, if you can get past the super sweet synthetic vanilla .UGH!! Just way too sweet .

Apologies to those that like it- but on me it is similiar to a cheap vanilla body spray .
If this was my only choice to wear , I could not wear perfume , the syrupy sweetness is so intense its nauseating to me :-(

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

I'm a bit sad that I don't like Loverdose because I really wanted to. Now that I've finally tried it, I have to say that it develops an unpleasant smell on my skin, which I can only describe as burnt plastic. Not quite that probably, but it's the closest I can get with a description of what it smells like. JB's Someday did the same thing when I tested it in a store. It was the exact same kind of smell as this. I just compared the notes of Loverdose and Someday and they share Mandarin orange in the top notes, jasmine in the middle notes and vanilla in the base notes. So there's a similarity there and something in that combination that doesnt agree with my skin. Too bad.

Sannee77
Sannee77

A warm sweet spicy vanilla and liquorice bomb! A very special fragrance indeed, memorable. Quite heavy (headache warning), but nice especially in cold weather. Too heavy for everyday use for me, but nice for special occasions. I have a miniature of this and it will probably last a long time. As for the purple heart shaped bottle: It's absolutely gorgeous!!

Pooja37
Pooja37

This is wonderful... fast becoming one of my favourite perfumes. I actually find myself reaching for this more often than my bottle of Dior Hypnotic Poison, which is funny because I really like HP.

I suspect it’s because I prefer the gorgeous slightly spiced yet gentle vanilla that Loverdose gives me.

On the whole, there’s something indefinable about the structure of this particular fragrance that makes me feel really good ...about life in general. Possibly pheromonal!

Whatever the reasons, it is a far more appealing fragrance than the usual vanilla scents one comes across. So in case you are scouting about for one, I totally recommend this.

Oh, not that it makes much of a difference, but the bottle is like a deep amethyst crystal – I love it!

Also, perfect for those days when you need some cheering up. This is like one of Jeeves’ legendary ‘pick-me-ups’ and I feel like a very content Bertie indeed!

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

Such a pretty bottle,I had to pick it up and give it a sniff.

This smelled sweet and licoricey to me,kind of rootbeery,but not creamy or vanilla-like.More of a "fresh" gourmand take on the very popular licorice notes in perfumes today.

I don't think it suits me,I prefer more fruits in my fragrances,but this is a unique scent in that it doesn't really follow the cookie cutter cupcake/cotton candy mold.

Not for me,but pretty for someone else.

xxstarburstxx
xxstarburstxx

Not impressed at all. I prefer the bottle to the scent.
Theres a liquorice and spice cloud on first spraying & it's actually quite nice. Unfortunately it very soon (within the hour) disappears and is replaced by a watery & faint dry down of not very much at all, just a little vanilla.
It is not expensive but it is still not worth the price.
Sillage is extreme at first then thats it. Longevity, zilch.
If you like Liquorice try Stephen Jones - its out of this world.

larita91
larita91

Okay, first of all, this is a nice fragrance, with great sillage and even better longetivity.
BUT
My problem again, is that this is nothing, but original. I have Viva La Juicy and I was mad when I found out that Cavalli Acqua, Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Noir and so many perfumes was alike that. They're not exactly the same, but very close, and so is Loverdose.
Loverdose is Viva La Juicy, with more vanille, especially in the drydown. A strong, beautiful scent, sweet and fresh, but for me, again, this is a deeper, sweeter version of Viva la Juicy.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I had a sample (from a few months ago) of Loverdose in my box of zillions of "reject" samples from Sephora and decided I wanted to give it another chance, figuring I must have liked it a little or I wouldn't have asked for a sample. I spritzed it on and was immediately intrigued, it was a blast of black licorice and spices...anise perhaps? I kept sniffing my arm on and off for the next hour or so when the vanilla started coming through. I was pleasantly suprised that it was not your run of the mill vanilla, it is a beautiful full bodied creamy smooth vanilla, so comforting and warm. I have read a bunch of reviews that say Loverdose is sweet, on me is is not overly sweet, just a tad of sweetness around the edges. I bought the rollerball from Sephora and am wearing it now, it doesn't seem very long lasting on me so I may go with the spray bottle, I have a sample of that and it lasted a full 12 hours! I could even smell it after a shower! This like most other perfumes is not a good candidate for a blind buy, it is just too different IMO, though I do see a bit of resemblance to Angel and possible a bit to Flowerbomb. This to me is how I want Angel to smell on me, most of the time Angel is a big bomb of Patchouli on me recently...:0(

Sillage: 3/5 wears close to the skin, projects a bit but not very far.

Longevity: Rollerball: on me 4 hours or so....Spray: 12 hours plus!

Price: Rollerball $20.00

Overall: I LOVE this stuff!!! 5/5 for sure!

Update: I now hate this stuff, not sure what turns my stomach so much but I feel queezy when I try to wear it now, that sure was a waste of $$. Oh well...

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Uffy =(... So today i went to Sephora to try out some of the perfumes that i added to my "test list"... and this was the 1st one out of the 3 that i checked out today. I soooo wanted to have this perfume in my collection (well..growing collection for now) but i guess it's just not meant to be. Bummer!

I was so drawn to this bottles design and the name and everything really... but to my horror, i just couldn't deal with the smell =(

On first spray ALL i could smell was Star Anise!!! and really that would be amazing if the scent wouldn't make my stomach turn...something about it just doesn't sit well with me...not in food and apparently now not even in perfumes... i just cant stand it!

After a few minutes it started to calm down and i could smell the Licorice and the sweetness of it... after a few hours the Anise and Licorice smell was gone and it was so sweet, peachy and flowery, that it almost made me rethink my decision and just buy it. But the thought of having to smell Anise for 1h...i just cant do it =( I'm sorry but this one is not for me... so so sad =(

Anyway - for those of u who like lady Anise, i think u'll be really happy with this perfume. Its sweet, sexy and elegant. The projection is fantastic and the lasting power as well (i can still smell it 8 hours later after having put lotion over it and used a tanning bed).... what more can i say... its a really good perfume... unfortunately, just not for me.

JessieBro
JessieBro

I usually love sweet scents, and i would wear this one for nighttime, but it also goes for daytime.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

Love this on me I get basically liquorice and vanilla especially when it has settled the vanilla stands out on me I like this because it is a unique scent and stands out as being different. Also the hint of jasmine comes through really nice! Update: Longevity was quite good on my skin -6hrs/8 hours the dye down just getrs better the vanilla becomes creamy and if you could imagine an explsion of the liquorice and vanilla coming together the way it blends as they become more suttle is really divine. I really like this perfume glad I have added it to my collection : )

raw umber
raw umber

Loverdose smells like La Vie est Belle layered with Pink Sugar, with the volume turned down, (because really?? that piercing sugar combo would make us all deaf)...

There is a CGI fruity persistence here that is tempered by the licorice-esque notes, but there is also a medicinal bitterness that I can't ignore. it projects well, but it dries down to something quite similar to Viva la Juicy. Overall, it is an opaque CGI fruity sweet vanilla fragrance with licorice top notes.

I would rather layer Pink Sugar and Viva la Juicy for a very comparable effect. Layering La vie est Belle with Pink Sugar would probably be TOO similar (as in the same type of thing, only MORE of it). That would blow my olfactory speakers out, so to speak.

I wanted so much to like this one, but even though it's not awful, for once I would rather re-create its equivalent with what I already own, than buy it pre-mixed.

Pchapa79
Pchapa79

Love It!
It smells more when you are near the beach or coasts

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

In the beginning it is a very sweet licorice scent. After a few hours one can smell the beautiful jasmine and that makes the scent more floral.
It's good, but at the start it is a little bit too sweet for me.
The bottle is cute and it lasts all day.
I get many compliments on this perfume.

Brenda Legaspi
Brenda Legaspi

I got caught with the bottle and tried it, it is so sweet and long lasting! I loved it, but then the licorice started to show and was so strong i couldn't stand it.. Sad, if it wouldn't be for the licorice this could have been perfect!

pansylady
pansylady

This scent gets off to a great start with an Alienesque jasmine that lingers for hours- anise and something that smells like olive oil (maybe it's olive wood) add to the interest-

Linear, with great staying power-

One of the few gourmands that appeals to me-

Thanks to my Fragrantica pal for sharing this with me!

6mirgel
6mirgel

Way too specific scent. Not everybody would accept it. Anise smell is extremely strong, so for people like me that do not stand it at all, it is really awful. Bottle design is nice though.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great spicy vanilla. It's great for winter months, too heavy for warm weather. But it's amazingly long lasting -- 8 hours plus -- and is great for cold winter nights. Excellent date perfume -- the spiciness makes it stand out from the many other vanillas out there. Makes it a bit darker and better for evening wear.

marytales
marytales

I really like using this perfume as 'top' note as it were in a blend of others...on me, the licorice is barely noticeable, in fact I can hardly notice the base notes at all ( i am a hardened fan of intense heady scents so that maybe why). Doesn't really last too long alas...i have, however, always got compliments from men when wearing it!

Rosey167
Rosey167

its fry down is very pungent!!!! like hypnotic poison... bitter and smells like a sweet medicine (in a bad way)! its very repulsive! not inviting or welcoming or sexy in any way... its the "Im here and I am a girl that would not get you any closer because my perfume is very repulsive"... really it made me feel like I have to vomit..!! ughhh!

wardani
wardani

It's sarparila candy! I like the note in candy not in a perfume To me it's realy realy horrible...euw!

mrsu
mrsu

On me this smells like Calpol (liquid medicine for kids!)

xVal

I'm commenting 2nd time on this one, because I just can't describe how I LOVE this one!
This is my signature scent. :)
I have no idea why so many people hate it, I mean yea the licorice is very dominant here,but its not an explosion of licorice.
I HATE licorice like .. I can puke, but in this perfume .. I can't imagine it without licorice.
It's not sickly sweet on me,I can definitely detect the mandarin and the jasmine,so it's very balanced with the notes, not too sweet and not too floral.
It's very nice for cold weather.. very feminine, can't understand why people say it smells like a man.
This is my bf's favorite scent, because I wore it at the first time we met. :)
Oh, and btw, this one stays on for ... 24 hours on me, so the staying power is ridiculously long.

lali29bee
lali29bee

UGH! the licorice totally kills it for me :( the bottle is so cool!

kimtran91
kimtran91

I wish to have this one, smells like green tea, so warm and feminine! Iam speechless with the idea of male's cologne in this perfume LOL My eyes were pop up while reading those comments :)) I'll spent money to buy Lovedose, it's warming me up from the cold in the winter. Very nice and sweet perfume <3

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Headache, impossibly heavy licorice.

melzy
melzy

Opens heavy on the licorice, peppered with spicy anise. This opening remains strong on my skin for a good hour or so. As it softens, the florals begin to appear; jasmine more so than gardenia. Two hours after application I begin smelling the vanilla. As it continues to dry down and soften, I get an 'expensive soap' vibe from it.

Sillage starts out moderate then softens. Longevity (on me) about 5 hours. My sample vial has served me well, I shall be upgrading to a full sized bottle. :)

antfarm
antfarm

Heavily sugared anise drowning in a vat of rubbing alcohol.

nevo
nevo

this one is awful and nothing unique synthetic odour nothing original :(

Kimmy89

I still don't know what to think with this. When I asked people if it smelt like a female perfume or a male cologne most of them said male cologne.
But I still LOVE it. I remember being so thrilled to have found this jewel, but then getting heartbroken when I started smelling a bit masculine.
I think the EDT might be the way to go for me as I still love this even if it smells masculine. Wish it had a bit more mandarin orange or a little more jasmine to give it more feminity.
In love nevertheless.

londonhermit
londonhermit

Smells like a bag of licorice I don't get the vanilla at all. The dry down is powdery licorice.

tokyomadii
tokyomadii

Mmmm, smells like a sweet black jelly bean. If you are thinking of getting a licorice noted perfume, this one should be a first. It is very sweet, but it balances out nicely with the spicyness. I like it better than the Lolita, only because IMO the Lolita can be kinds masculine. Its a very tamed version of Lolita. It smells a lot better on my skin than right from the top. I'm not one for this type of notes, but it was love at first smell.=)

curvealert
curvealert

I thought this scent would be worth a try because of the spicy notes, despite being much older than the intended target demographic.

All I got was a sugar bomb laced with vanilla and orange blossom. Loverdose is lacking in subtlety, but it isn't offensive. If you want to stun your romantic target with the olfactory equivalent of hyperglycaemia, this is the one for you.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

Bold, brazen and sassy! One of the only perfumes I can handle with gardenia in it (because I can't detect it). I love this "bombshell" of a fragrance. Sweet and thick but not cloying or suffocating. The licorice and vanilla really make this perfume a star for me. The bottle isn't exactly practical but who cares when it's as pretty as it is! Great scent for autumn and winter. A great choice for those with lots of confidence. Not a quiet fragrance. This one is loud and proud! I will always have a bottle of this on hand.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Bottle is eye catching, quirky and original. The perfume is like the breath of someone who has eaten a bag of liquorice allsorts. Unpleasant, sweet smell, fades to nothing after a couple of hours, disappointing as I bought a bottle, an impulse purchase.

k.dehaas
k.dehaas

It's to sweet for me.

stacia79
stacia79

This is Lolita Lempicka but without all the things that make Lolita Lempicka so wonderful. LL is one of my favorite perfumes so I thought I would enjoy Loverdose, but ultimately I found it too sweet and one dimensional, like wearing licorice syrup. This could be improved if they would remake it and amp up the jasmine/gardenia combination. For now I will stick with my beloved LL.

Spangle
Spangle

WOW! yes yes yes - verrrry me!

This is all on display at Boots at the moment due to it being 3 days to Valentines day and there being "Lover" in the name...

It's dark and deep...licorice and aniseed! It's stunning. It stands out. It's lickably good.

I will get this.

blowtorch
blowtorch

Okay I bought this for my fiancée and when I gave it to her I informed her she better be prepared for me to be all over her any time she wears it. On an unrelated note, she feels the same way when I wear Diesel "Only The Brave".

It was an engagement gift for her last year, only shortly after it came out. I tried a lot of different things but as soon as I smelled this one I knew it was the one. It was mesmerising. I decided she had to smell like this.

It's very powerful, and it loudly announces its presence. It doesn't wait around for you to notice it. Why would you bother wearing fragrance if you didn't want other people to know? Sure there is a "too much" threshold but it's up to you to spray the appropriate amount. I notice some reviews here say it smells like a man's cologne after a few hours... WTF are these people even smelling the same fragrance??? This is one of the most "female" perfumes I've ever come across. Everyone keeps talking about licorice but the flower notes are the real story here.

I disagree with the assertion that it's for 19 year olds going clubbing. Its intensity and seductive elegance seem to make it better suited for dressing up on formal occasions, early-mind 20s and up.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this could really be a man perfume...after about an hour it become more & more like mans perfume...i love wearing this to work & get people look at me when they pass me by ;)
the sillage is so powerful yet overdose & stay more lasting if u sprayed it on the shirt...recommended this to male & female friends ;)

IlluminatedRain
IlluminatedRain

It's a lovely licorice and vanilla perfume with a hint of mandarin orange. However, it only lasts 2-3 hours on me and doesn't have much of a sillage. I find it to be quite feminine yet edgy due to the licorice, but nowhere near masculine.

fdmc
fdmc

I love this irresistible scent. An oriental vanilla fragrance for contemporary women.
Sweet, warm, sophisticated and irresistible.
This fragrance conveys the feeling of power and seduction.
I love this perfume bottle is very beautiful and original.
I think Diesel with this fragrance aims to help all women to seduce his passionate "love."
To me this is more than a perfume, it is a lifestyle.
I recommend.

Kimmy89

Just confirmed from all of my work colleagues, this smells like a man's perfume after about an hour! Also confirmed that it's too overpowering n gives everyone a headache.
I really liked this, but I don't want to give people a headache and I definitely don't want to smell like a man!!!!
You may love it like me but the people around you most likely won't!
I'm so disappointed. :-(

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I really wanted to like this, but to me it smells too much licorice. I can't really smell anything else because it's so overpowering. I'm dissapointed. Cute bottle though.

Kimmy89

Tried this yesterday and bf said it smelled like a Man. :-( I really loved it, but for that comment I will think twice about buying it. A MAN!!! To be fair after about 3 hours it did start reminding me of Armani Diamonds for Men.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

This fragrance is packed full of intense scents. When I tried a tester I really noticed the licorice smell, bit odd at first ( not really a scent in perfumes that I was familiar with) but it warmed up with a milky vanilla smell. I just had to have it, I was seduced immediately. The dry down is slighty woodsy and milky and a little floral. This fragrance really does last lasts for hours. the licorice made this one a winner for me. A really unique scent and I love it!!

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

I bought it today, i wanted this since it came out. 50 ml edp, ok price, i love the smell, it's unique and it feels milky (after the first 15 mins, when it settles, it has a licorice-caramel milkshake kind of vibe). Sweet and lovely, and the bottle is so quite.
And it's finally miiiiiiine :D

bandarsaadseed
bandarsaadseed

Indeed a very nice fragrance and excellent in terms of you stability Alfohan form him in terms of consistency 10 10 and where Alfohan 10 10, I advise every woman try it before you buy ................ For it were not for the different tastes of Bart goods

perilandia
perilandia

I love this fragrance! I have to admit that I had certain prejudice about this, it must be because it has a very teen bottle.
God! this perfume is amaizing and sexy very comparable to Poison hipnotic Sensualle to name a mature fragrance and sweet at the same time.
I hope that you understand me because my English is very poor

rebecca.r.gilmartin
rebecca.r.gilmartin

Love this perfume . Definitely a night time fragrance . If you light and girly this wont be for you . It's quite heavy and has long lasting power. The bottle is very cool as well.

lidya.chan
lidya.chan

It smells like a candy by RELAXA(brand) from my country. If you're a fan of this parfume, I guess u should try that candy... :D

kay_dee
kay_dee

have sampled it, it's a lovely scent ... somehow it reminds me of sensual amber & twilight woods by Bath & Body works especially the opening

it's has the sweetnes not so sickly sweet, spice & woody notes.. a bit strong at first

quite unique & warm at the same time

linzilou92
linzilou92

This is my first Diesel Perfume and I've only recently realized that I like it..no wait...LOVE IT!!

When I first sprayed it in store back last year I didn't like it much, the licorice being too strong for me but I think that was because I only tried it on the strips of card that they give you.

Recently I found it at such a good price I couldn't say no, so many of my friends had raved about it! So once I got it home I tried it on and fell in love.

Once it's on my skin the licorice calms down slightly and the vanilla come out more!

This is a lovely and unique fragrance. The bottle is also gorgeous!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

The only impression I got from it is sweetness, like candy, and I need something more complex if it's an overdose of sugar.

marta.goncalvesraposo
marta.goncalvesraposo

LOVE IT!!! I spent the end of thesummer hunting every store for it, and then when it came out, I fell in love!

Very long lasting, very sexy (my boyfriend just loves it on me)and the bottle is just perfect. It is a strong scent in the beggining, but then it becomes perfect, not too much. I smell raspberries though, when I put it.

And the commercial is so adorable, when I put it, it feels like every person stares at me, in a good way ahah

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

Love love love this Frag!!! It smells like sweet black licorice!!! Can't get enough :O

D@n!
D@n!

Tem um cheiro viciante....perfume forte no começo mas depois fica uma delícia, lembra chiclete Bubbaloo...doce que não enjoa, quente apropriado para dias frescos ou frios e o frasco é lindo! Amor à primeira vista...IN LOVE

dagmar.Škvaridlová
dagmar.Škvaridlová

Very nice, sweet and warm fragrance for winter days. The amber and vanilla accompany this perfume all the way and with white flowers and light wood creates very nice and balanced composition. On the shawl from cashmere is perfect :)

Nekomusume
Nekomusume

Upon reading reviews and my friends suggesting I would like this I thought I'd head to my nearest department store and have a little test...

BAM. Liquorice everywhere! But not like a smack in the face, more like a big dog licking my face.
Not offensive, but not exactly what I wanted either...

As it warmed the overpowering liquorice calmed gently, revealing a more tolerable blend of anise and vanilla. Although it developed into something somewhat likeable for me, it will not be a purchase of mine.

Sorry, Loverdose but it just wasn't meant to be!

Tulip211
Tulip211

Finally, a sweet scent that I could tolerate. This scent reminds of of toasted marshmallows. It is extremely festive and well suited for the holidays. I smell marshmallow vanilla, licorice, candied plum. I know these are not the notes, but that is what I smell. It reminds me so much of Christmas. I adore it.

Sillage: Wow!

Longevity: Meh.

Same Family: Hypnotic Poison, Alien, Aquolina Pink Sugar, Le Vie Est Belle.

margo22
margo22

Loverdose is one of my go-out perfumes right now. I'm glad I have tested this despite all negative attitude. It is sooooo good! Honestly, I can't detect any notes. On me Loverdose just smells as whole sweet and spicy thing with breeze of freshness. As the day goes to the end it smells the most beautiful. IMHO it is deeper and more interesting than Flowerbomb.

PaolaLevine
PaolaLevine

I tried my best to like this as i love everything from Diesel and the bottle is so beautiful! but i hated the smell :( i smells lots of licorice but in like a sweet way, not a good combination for me, i asked mom, dad and brother and they didn't like it either :/ i really wanted to get it so i was waiting to taste it on my skin, but sadly this is not for me :(

Shimone

I finally got to try Loverdose on a very cold day and it is soooo freaking sexy....on me it's the perfect combination of Escada Magnetism and lots of blk licorice!

That beautiful fuschia bottle is one of my favorite colors. I really like Loverdose. It smells like grape bubblegum and licorice. It does remind me of Lolita Lempicka only because of the licorice factor, but it's nowhere near the potency of LL, which IMO is a good thing. In Loverdose I smell massive doses of licorice and star anise, but it's soft, not obnoxious, and it doesn't have that harsh burnt licorice quality that Pink Sugar or LL both have. Vanilla is light and creamy, but candied licorice is really the dominant note. Florals are somewhere way in the background. I am not a huge licorice fan, but if I were I would surely buy Loverdose!

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Licorice all the way, baby!

Tazerin
Tazerin

Loverdose is a pretty easy fragrance for me to wear to work, on warm summer evenings out or when its cold outside and I want something to warm me up. On my skin, I get quite a heady vanilla fragrance, mingled with a little anise and mandarin orange. I feel like this perfume is quite oriental with just the right amount of spice, but for this reason I think it would smell out of place on somebody younger than 20 or so. What really blows me away about this fragrance is how long it lasts - I wore some today and even after I got home and showered I can still get little whiffs of it now and then. A great fragrance in an interesting bottle, which is a winning combination in my book.

Shimone

Loverdose on my skin smells like a mixture of Escada Magnetism,a lot of blk licorice,and vanilla! This is definitely a winter fragrance and its been pretty warm here the past few days,so I can't wait to experience Loverdose when the temp starts to drop. As for now I'm kinda on the fence about this fragrance....

olitunia
olitunia

This scent is definetely a one of a kind! I have originally wanted to get Euphoria by Calvin Klein but figured out that lots of my friends use it. A very friendly lady at the shop suggested I get the Loverdose. First of all, these two smell NOTHING alike, so obviously I wasn't likely to get it. All in all, I ended up getting Euphoria but the saleslady gave me a few samples of the new Diesel fragrance and told me to "mix the two" (seriously, how ridiculous is this idea?).
After trying out the samples, I ditched Euphoria in a second and I am now a proud Loverdose junkie. I'm running through my 3rd bottle now - I have declared this to be my officail Winter perfume.
It isn't too heavy, but it is extremely sweet and floral and just a very recognizable and strong.
The only weird thing I noticed, is that when I got it at first, the scent held on my skin for hours and everyone around me could smell it.
I recently repurchased a bigger bottle and I must say that the scent seems to "disappear" after few hours. I have been obsessively asking my colleagues at work to smell my wrists and I am positive that it does not last as long as it used to.
Still, I am not sure if this is a thing or did I just get a bad bottle.

pen14
pen14

Till this morning I always thought this perfume was called LOVEdose now I have to get used to calling it LOVERdose.

Anyway I got a free sample in a adorable 7ml miniature bottle and I'm quite shocked by the amount of the negative comments this perfume has received as I happen to like it, bare in mind I absolutely detest licorice. The licorice is present at initial spray but it disappears after a few minutes and it dries down to this is sweet expensive candish kinda scent which reminds me of la vie est belle.

The fragrance is likable and gentle, I don't think it would offend anyone while I agree it isn't unique nor is something special,it doesn't deserve such negativity.

Edit:Today it smells like armani code

annettepe
annettepe

i love this scent. the main two notes that i can smell from this is licorice and vanilla. its such a sensual combination and it smells so sweet, but not sickly sweet. it really gets guys attention. its strong at first spray but it becomes quiet soft after a while but still distinctive. i would consider this a warm fragrance. its either a love or hate since not everyone likes the strong licorice note. the bottle is absolutely stunning and very cute to display in your perfume collection.

arrode
arrode

I have this as a Sephora 100 point minature bottle. Andddd, I hate it. I can't say I hate it because the perfume is bad, it's because I guess I really do not like licorice. However, if you DO like licorice, you WILL like this perfume because it smells EXACTLY like it. For me, after putting some on I feel like I rolled myself in motor oil. I don't know, there's just something chemically and motor-oil going on and I guess that's licorice. Oh boy. I wish I had picked another perfume to blind pick, but it is quite a different-than-usual perfume. It also lasts forever because no amount of scrubbing could wash it off. I could even smell it after a shower, much to my dismay.

Edit: I've tried this again a few months later and I don't seem to mind this as much. The drydown after a few hours is much less licorice and anise and is a very pleasant, realistic vanilla.

flora lee
flora lee

I didn't want to love this but I do. The sweet notes burn off pretty quick and what is left is an interesting woody licorice, then jasmine and trace gardenia with vanilla and amber, wearing like a lighter Alien. There may be something to the supposed hypothalamus stimulating chemicals they added, because it just makes me happy whenever I smell it.

EmmaEm421
EmmaEm421

Wow, this perfume smells just like 'Tangy Grapes' (a candy you can get in New Zealand) mixed with licorice. Very overpowering to begin with. It soon fades to a soft vanilla. I like the smell, just not as a perfume, maybe as something to eat!

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

All I can smell from this perfume is aniseed and licorice, which might be nice in candy but is too much in this perfume, its so sickly sweet.

Young teenagers (who the ads seem to be targeted to) might like this and maybe people who like VERY sweet scents might enjoy it but it's far too sugary for me.

Lolita Lempicka is far better composed, and I would recommend that instead.

On a positive note, the bottle is quite nice.

adahuys
adahuys

I'm in love with the beautiful bottle! And that's about it.

This perfume for me is a love-hate battle. I want to love it but I get sick wearing it. The sickening smell I get mostly from the opening notes which take forever to develop further. It's like overly sweet herbal aroma. But once they're gone I'm left with this little sweetness and warm smell which I like.

Hmm.. Surely it'll take forever for me to finish up my 50ml of Loverdose.

Mushana
Mushana

Uniquely sweet and sensuous, this gem makes me feel "too sexy for myself"
I'm glad I had the courage to try it and buy it...

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

when i first sprayed loverbomb on my wrist ... i disliked it. i found it smelled very cheap and sweet w/ an alcohol base. then after a while i smelled my wrist again and now it smelled nice ... the smell was a mix btwn euphoria and madame by jean paul gaultier. then moments later i smelled my wrist again and the smelled changed again on me ... the dry down smelled like a mix btwn alein, euphoria, and armani code. the drydown was soft, warm, and intoxcating. this perfume went from being disliked at first spray to me loving at the dry down. this perfume def. changes as you wear it. i must say this is nice. i like it. very interesting.

klcowart
klcowart

This is a beautiful fragrance! I think it would be great for those who want to gently work their way into spicy fragrances. It has a similar addictive, juicy element that Viva La Juicy has, but isn't blatantly girly. Of course, the jasmine notes in it vaguely remind me of Alien by Thierry Mugler, but only vaguely. I find this perfume delightfully clean and dirty at the same time - what I would describe as medicinal. It's both warm and chilly - I'm smelling this in the wintertime, and I love it in this season, but am not sure it would work as well for the summer. Loverdose has a lot of depth, and I think the bottle represents the actual fragrance as well. It does kind of reminds me of the starkness that Mugler fragrances have, but I find this more wearable than most of his fragrances. It's potent enough, but I don't think this would knock somebody over when applied lightly. This is a win for me, now I just have to see how the Fiance likes it. Wish me luck! :)

keels
keels

Different from my usual choice of perfumes but I love it! So does my partner as he loves star anise and licorice, just wants to eat me up when I wear it lol but my only problem is that it isnt long lasting and I have to reapply it throughout the day. Also means that I have an emptier bottle too soon after purchasing!!

woodbines
woodbines

I love anise & licorice scents and I was so sad that this did not work on me. On me, this smells like the cough medicine Nyquil and dry powder. :(

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I loathe this fragrance....I'm usually a fan of the sweet, lusty, bombshell-type scents, which is how this one is geared. But it's very sickly and starts to get a weird, stale smell after about 20 minutes for me. The front end of the scent is very odd, heavy, and balmy, and it dries down to almost nothing but a faint plastic-smelling staleness. Not a fan at all...

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I was originally "against" this perfume because as others have commented, it is way too sugary sweet and I was put off by the sales assistants imposing it on me everytime I was browsing the fragrance counters.

After some time, I was going to buy a box set in the summer at one point, but then I didn't since I was afraid that I would regret it (due to my experience with GUCCI'S FLORA). However, last week I gave in and got myself a 30ml bottle as a "test" drive. (I had a discount coupon so that sucked me in :P). Anyway, I actually do enjoy this scent but it must be used sparingly. I think only one spray in the chest is more than enough or else it is overkill. I can see wearing this only during cool weather because it amplifies when you are in rooms when the heater is on. And actually when I tested it in the store, the projection was stronger than GIVENCHY'S VERY IRRESISTIBLE which I thought was quite a strong fragrance for an eau de toilette because of the dominanty rose note.

I can see how people might think that this is scent is for teenybopper girls, but I am in my mid-twenties and honestly I think this suits me well. It's not an everyday perfume I would wear (hency why I bought the 30ml as a "test") but I can see myself having a certain mood to wear it. Hmmm I am sure that whole "sexiness" aspect of marketing campaign is a huge sham (obviously) because I don't think this perfume is "complex" enough to be considered as even sensual. But THERE is something about it...I guess it's just "cute"? Anyway I haven't worn it in public yet as I just got the bottle, but I will definitely write an updated review when I do.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

Love at first sniff! Spicy-oriental, lethal combination of star anise, jasmine, gardenia, vanilla. Trully seductive scent!

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

I love it on paper,
but on my skin i only smell licorice, very boozy licorice. :(

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

this scent is strange and different in a good way. it smells like burnt rubber on my skin on the initial spray. sprayed some on wrist, but the dry down is sweet and mysterious. it is a love it or hate it fragrance.

Tovah
Tovah

If you love black licorice you need to give this a try.

colours
colours

I purchased this a while ago and I tried to let it grow on me but it just can't. I think if they replaced the licorice note with brown sugar or caramel, I would LOVE this.

xVal

I really adore this perfume!
The smell,the bottle,everything.
Repurchased this one already, and would continue.
I'm not a fan of really sweet perfumes,even though I started using sweet perfumes lately.
At first when I smelled it, I hated it..but then when it became less strong it turned to a really nice , warm smell.
I suggest this one for winter and fall, the wind just makes this fragrance smell really enchanted I would say.

sofababe

Every time I wear Loverdose I love it more and more. Sweet and different from the usual celeb concoctions, I find it quite addictive. I always get comments wearing Loverdose. It's a very special fragrance, one of my top 10 for sure.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

It has a uniqueness that is appealing once you spray it onto yourself. After while the licorice becomes dominant with a touch of sandle wood. I like unique fragrances!

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I really really like this scent! I didn't buy it cause I could only buy one perfume and I also had my eyes on Flowerbomb. I went for Flowerbomb but will keep this in mind when some of my other perfumes run out!
To me this smells like a warm autumn/winter scent!

renneyg007
renneyg007

Foul. Sweet, powdery licorice with against a backdrop of old flowers. Smells similar to Forbidden Euphoria (which should be). I tried really hard to find something good about this and failed miserably.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

It is DISGUSTING! When i smelled it at the store i immediately threw away the sample! It's so not sexy or even randomly good!! It smells artificial and lacks creativity TBH it totally lacks....well....it shouldn't even be considered a perfume!

Stacierew
Stacierew

This one SOUNDED fun...I love warm, sugary perfumes. Unfortunately, this just smelled cheap. I was smacked in the face with a blackberry/raspberry scent, it reminds me of a victoria secret scent. I dont even know what it does on a dry down...I couldnt bring myself to spray it on my wrist.
Update: Decided to give in and try it on my skin. It isnt horrible. But it IS very Britney Spears Fantasy. It smells exactly like bubble gum and caramel. Kinda fun, But I would have liked more anise. Kind of bummed because apparently I have officially "outgrown" these scents.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I tried this one 2 days ago for the 2nd time, at the first time my first impression was that this is a copy of pink sugar and I passed from it.

But lately I am into sugary sweet syrups, so I gave it another try, the opening is too chemical & disturbing even the salesman at the shop when he sprayed on my hand he stepped away and said it's opening gives me a headache .. after some time I started to sniff my jacket, I smelt a sister of pink sugar or (Be enchanted by BBW) with noticeable mandarin note.

and yesterday I wore the same jacket, and I noticed that I smell sugar somewhere I started to sniff all around and it was (LOVERDOSE) still standing, still strong and fills the air around me, I was so surprised from its power.

Finally, I will add this sugary scent to the upcoming winter collection.. and will provide you with the feedback after using it.

Ashreger91

I ordered a 7ml sample off ebay because I could not test this anywhere. Ive been wanting to try it for months so I finally gave in. I received the sample today and WOW this smells so good, it reminds me alot of Alien, in a way that is, but maybe more sweet. I LOVE Alien so of course nothing tops that for me, but I will get the full size and it will be one of my faves. If you like Alien and havent tried this you should. It smells amazing deffinetly a seductive scent. I dont really smell licorice at all and to me this does NOT smell like Lolita Lempicka. Thats just me though. Also I work at Sephora and although I havent heard anything in my store as of yet, but online they are selling it, so if you have a hard time finding it you may be able to find it in a store in the near future. :)

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

Just tested this out and found it absolutely identical to a limited edition of Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber parfum spray - a little heavier on the anise than their EDT. As many of you know, this places it in Flowerbomb territory, alongside Lancome's new La Vie Est Belle. It's a sexy bombshell fragrance, which will undoubtedly be oversprayed and overpopular, but I do prefer it to Flowerbomb (which I've been smelling on every woman in heels on a Saturday night, lately). Probably one of the nicer scents in the category and could be really sexy in moderation. Far from unique.

almarie
almarie

I just bought the large bottle today from Sephora and I am in love! After reading so many negative reviews, I didn't even want to try it, but I am so glad that I did because I actually love this. It does resemble Lolita Lempicka, but I prefer this one.

fragsforyou
fragsforyou

this beauty projects beastly and have been on my skin for 4 hrs as of right know, I think it will last for maybe 3 or 4 hrs more (beacause of how strong it smells right know) as far as what the scent smells like, I got 3 words for ya'll - OH MY GOD! this is a winner in my book. Yes I'm a guy and I wouldn't recommend guys to wear this either cuz this really smells feminine. Sure, I've worn some feminine scents before wich men easily can pull off (like Lolita Lempicka L) but this is too feminine in my book. Why am I wearing this then? I sprayed some in the store today just to see what it smelled like, wich I tend to do with almost every fragrance that I'm attracted to. So, my grades for this beauty?

Scent: A. A very sweet licorice note, well blended with sugary creamy vanilla.
Projection: A. It projects really good but it seems to settle down righ now after nearly 5 hrs.
Longevity: B. As far as right now I've got 4 straight hrs, and like i said, it smells really strong right know, so another 3 hrs or so I think.
Overall grade: This gets a A!

EDIT: I forgot a really important thing.. I sprayed some in my hand in the store as I said but during the time at home from the store I had washed my hands a couple of times - before I wrote this review! wich just means one thing = this is a powerhouse!

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

I've got a lot of compliments, especially from guys, while wearing this.. I love it! Makes me feel sexy. Lasts for about 3 hours on me.

babyrose
babyrose

smells a bit like alien too sweet and strong at first but then it becomes delicate and soft . wouldn't buy it normally and its not my favorite

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Does anyone know where you can purchase or at least smell this in the United States? I have tried to see if this was at macys, nordstrom, sephora, lord & taylor and at ulta and none of them have this (and none of them even knew what I was talking about :/ ).

EDIT 9/16/2012: This is now at sephora! Thanks to killer_queen for telling me that they are now selling this at sephora :)

BUT this stuff is TERRIBLE. It smells like cough medicine and powdery florals. Not a lot of scents make me want to wash them off immediately but this was one of them. Try at your own risk.

Leek
Leek

I love sugary sweet scents, but this is too much! Even for me. I adore the heart shaped bottle, it's like a pretty amethyst jewel on your vanity. But the scent is "in your face" kind of scent, with having no mercy at all. I was so sure I'm gonna love this one, it's a pity. At first you get a bomb of jasmin and anise. Then it mellows and gets softer, but still sugary and strong. The drydown is like chocolate to me. In my humble opinion, it has got nothing to do with lolita Lempicka, 'cause LL is much more sophisticated and complexed. It is also less sweet and more anisy. It's got nothing to do with Alien as well, maybe the color and the jasmine note. Disappointing to me.

Ashreger91

I really want to smell this. My favorite perfumes are Alien, Versace Crystal Noir, Amor Amor, Hilary Duff With Love , does this perfume relate to any of those. I do not like the Lolita Lempickas, none of the older ones anyway. Would I like this?

aliabooboo
aliabooboo

Loverdose by Diesel smells like a thursday afternoon pre-migraine and cough syrup.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I smelled this fragrance straight from the bottle and in my opinion it is very similar to Aquolina's Pink Sugar. It is extremely sweet and reminds me more of a body spray than an actual perfume.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

Too sweet for my liking it smells like sugary blueberries to me.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This smells NOTHING like V&R flowerbomb! It just smells like sickeningly sweet burnt licorice. I could not get home faster to scrub this yucky smell off me!

susset
susset

The anis note quickly disapears and it dries down to a sweet caramel/fruity scent,- very pleasent and nice and it reminds me a lot of Flowerbomb but in a more gentle version..All in all: superb :)

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Loverdose is a very strong star anise/licorice scent with a huge amount of thick sweetness. I tried this on in a shop and whilst walking around town with my friend, we kept getting this horrible strong smell and I soon realized it was Loverdose. Unfortunately I could not wash it off so I had to put up with it until I got home. I usually love sweet vanilla scents but oh my lord this is just so strong. I'm sure someone could pull this off if they used it sparingly but I'm definitely staying away from this one!

Chaie
Chaie

I don´t understand why this perfume has gotten so bad reviews all around. I just got it and I think it´s surprisingly good. I've never liked any of diesel perfumes, either for women or men.

At the beginning of the smell I get nothing licorice, but rather star anise. Afterwards I get jasmine and gardenia, a part of vanilla and a part of amber. It will turn sweet, but not to sweet for my taste.

I always thought this fragrance would be too heavy for me. But it´s really so good that this one will be a keeper. I will use it as an evening fragrance and think this one would be a very nice fall/winter perfume.

I really think it´s the best perfume Diesel ever has made.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I'm not a fan of licorice at all. The smell(even in ice cream)makes me sick. Can't wear it.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is very sweet, thick jam with some licorice in top note. I like licorice, yumm. So I like this one. I also swear that it tastes like Flowerbomb edp turned 300% louder. Same orchid sweetness with loads of vanillin and a hint of tea. I don't smell gardenia. Weird and nice. I now kind of miss Flowerbomb now xD. This is much more sweeter and intense and probably would be as alluring as was FB on me. This fragrance lasts.

*** After a while I also get jasmine note, which reminds me a bit of Alien, due to some woody notes present too.

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

This is the Love it or hate it fragrance. I really don't like it.

There is just something icky about loverdose. Lempika I can still tolerate mind you.

On the positive ~ Superb quality, and a power house perfume.

For whom it works for, good for you!

ninive
ninive

I was skeptic about it, I didn't want to smell like I ate licorice. It was strong on licorice at first then it became a spicy vanilla with a hint of licorice, it's actually really nice.

hkab
hkab

creamy vanilla when it dries down n a mix of light sweet liquor-ish into it..love it...sweet n creamy...n it stay long enough on me...3.5/5

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

I recently ot this for my 18th after falling in love with it for about a year before! I was trying to save up for it but thank god I have it now! I did first think the liquriche was overpowering but when you've had it on for a while the vanilla kicks in and calms the liquriche down :) I recomend this to anyone who isa lover of sweet scented perfumes and it stays on you for hours so you don't have to reapply either, eich is a money saving bonus :D xoxo

miss mills
miss mills

Licorice, amber and gardenia are some of my favourite scents. This smells like a vanilla fruity gourmand to me, nauseatingly saccharine. I am sure I can smell heavy doses of peach in it. I have a sample vial and am about to scrub the 2 sprays off that I applied half an hour ago, lest I make myself ill - really.
I am not trying to offend anyone who loves this, perfume is SO personal and subjective (what we all like, anyway), but this one (so aptly named) slays me...in a monstrous and unrelenting manner.
PS I love Fuel For Life, just not this Diesel offering...

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

I and my boyfriend like this one a lot.
It's really long lasting, as I would expect from a Diesel perfume. It's sweet and spicey. The total opposite of Diesel Fuel for Life, Which is rather sour and citrusy, not sweet at all to me (but a good perfume as well). I recommend it for summer evenings, quality time with your love and even for day time. It has a bit of all my favourites: Hypnotic Poison, Alien and Ange and from earlier days Gucci Rush and Magnetism.

Reaction of Bf when I wore it the first time: wow, that's vanilla! He also really wanted to touch of sniff my neck the whole day.

It's sweet, but to me not overly sweet, as it get's countered by the spices. There are no spices but the star anise noted, but I really do get more spices.

-sweet, spicey, vanilla, licorise
-2 spritzes, neck
-Age: all ages to me, age doesn't matter
-sillage: great (as all Diesel fragrances)
-Longevity: good +8 hours (idem above)
-For summer evenings outside, winter evenings inside, day time if applied wisely
-Not a good idea when temperature is over 25° C (doesn't happen much over here)
-excellent if you are in the mood for sweet :)
-You'll do a long time with a 30ml bottle

Tip: you need to be in the mood for sweet for this one. Don't wear this for diner, only if you are going for a dessert.

If this would be tea, I would drink it all day.

EDIT: i like the video :). To me it really has this effect on men.

cikcik

Need to add: this definitely has aphrodisiac in it.

cikcik

Oh this is a mood elevator! Glad l have a tester, and am planning to get a bottle. Well, this is very feminine. 212 sexy and LL are masculine on me, l find Flower Bomb too marmalade-ish, Alien is too spicy for me. This, has the mixture of their positive notes. Apart from the listed notes above, Somehow l get tobacco, honey and amaretto. Nice for cool summer nights.

HelloKim
HelloKim

I smelled this the first time at a perfume store in December last year, I wanted to buy it but strange enough I never did. I like this alot, the smell is also kind of honey-is in my opinion. I'm just not sure if it suits me. Every time I use a sample of it, I love the smell but I just think it's not "me"

Maybe I'll get it one day!

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

Ufff this one is tooo stronge,smell like licuor and anise. Dont like this.

it smells like alien and I HATE alien.at least alien has sillage and long lasting power.but loverdose lacks both.
what is so lolita about this perfume?I love lolita,but this perfume has nothing to do with it.despite promising bottle and all of the comments about it,it's nothing more than an ordinary perfume.I like oriental vanilla perfumes,but this one's strange.today I tested both loverdose and prada candy and candy's definitely much better!

Necabel
Necabel

He probado una muestra de este perfume y me ha gustado mucho: la combinación de vainilla, anís y regaliz lo hace atractivo y goloso. Además tiene buena permanencia en la piel. Lo veo más indicado para otoño-invierno o para la noche.

***

I tested a sample of this perfume and I liked it: the combination of vanilla, anise and licorice makes it attractive and sweet. It also has good staying on the skin. I see it more suitable for fall-winter or at night.

In mood
In mood

Very sweet berries, anise and vanilla. Very harsh fragrance.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

I tried this one at the shop, and wasn't impressed at all at first. I thought it was way too spicy and strong for my liking. A few minutes later when I got out and hit the fresh air, it turned into a very yummy and gourmand type of scent! All the spicy hints seemed to have disappeared, and I could pick the vanilla and anis up, it really grew on me. Couple of weeks later I got myself the 30ml bottle and used it a lot at first but now it's just sickening me. I'm struggling to finish my half full bottle. Can't say I truly like this one.

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(ENGLISH)

It is at least curious to see what people feel some similarity between Loverdose and Alien, because I do not feel anything seelhante between them, but between Prada and Candy Loverdose yes, I feel great similarities, and by logical reasoning (and we know the result perfume + skin is never logical), we have Loverdose Prada Candy and can be "brothers" because of the resemblance .. but the Alien in my skin, only enter this 'family' as a member adoptive kinship with nothing blood.

(PORTUGUESE)

É no mínimo curioso ver que as pessoas sintam alguma semelhança entre Loverdose e Alien, pois eu não sinto nada de seelhante entre eles; mas entre o Prada Candy e o Loverdose sim, eu sinto grandes semelhanças; e por raciocínio lógico ( e sabemos que o resultado de perfume + pele nunca é lógico), temos que Prada Candy e Loverdose podem ser" irmãos", por causa da semelhança..mas o Alien, na minha pele, só entraria nesta 'família' como um membro adotivo, com nada de parentesco de sangue.

Margreet

Hm... I really don't smell alot of similarities between Loverdose and Escada Magnetism. I have both but escada is way more creamy while Loverdose is way sweeter. I would rather compare LD to Alien TM or Amor Amor Cacharel. IMHO. I like Loverdose but cannot use it too often. From time to time I run into this sweetness that LD offers me:)

Lozza16
Lozza16

I love this perfume its sweet but not too sweet, I think it smells a little similar to the harajuku lovers jingle g perfume(limited edition). Its a scent i'd wear more in winter/christmas because it's more of a warm and cosy scent.

I'm not used to licorice in my fragrance so this was a bit too much for me at first. But this licorice is actually pretty good. Once that initial blast of licorice settles down, the florals and woods and vanilla come through nicely. The licorice always takes centre stage, but as this scent develops, it becomes sweeter and softer, and the notes blend together very well. I'm a little surprised I like this, but I sort of do.

elifcandan
elifcandan

I don't like Diesel's perfumes very much. I didn't buy that perfume but I tried it.As one who loves vanilla I liked it. It was GOOD. It is sweet and soft.

Edit: Sorry, I tried it again today and it is very permanant in my skin :)

FridgeMould
FridgeMould

The powdery sweetness of this reminds me of Flowerbomb but this is a more synthetic, sickly sweet and is overtly sexy compared to the subtle sexiness of Flowerbomb. On drydown, it doesn't evolve much apart from coming accross a bit more masculine, almost unisex. I enjoy this in small doses but won't re-purchase.

Denica
Denica

In my opinion Loverdose is very similar to Prada Candy, but of course doesn't have the Prada draydown. Sweet, girly and sexy, suitable for party nights. The scent is very strong, stays on my skin over 10 hours.

SBunny
SBunny

As licorice was voted the most prominent note I expected not to like this, so much so that I never even bothered testing it.

I was at work when a lady walked past smelling absolutely amazing, I had to stalk her around the store and ask her what she was wearing. I was so surprised to find out it was this and she had it in her bag and allowed me to test it on my skin (lovely lady) and wow I adored it!

The licorice is dominant but with the mixture of the sweet vanilla it's sexy and addictive. I could not stop smelling my wrist all day and even when I'd forget about it, it would linger up to my nose. This spicy vanilla is just lovely.

Lasting power was great too, I could still smell it on my wrist at the end of the day and even when I put some lotion on it dominated the smell of the lotion.

When it dries down it's a softer version of the initial smell but with great sillage. Would be perfect for a night out.

hanalilly
hanalilly

Wow! When i first sprayed this it was like Dr pepper in an atomiser!

Once i let it settle, this fragrance has an amazing scent! Love love love!

nelle2
nelle2

I got a sample of this ,(very nice little spray bottle instead of most of the samples I normally receive,one use only)This perfume is much to sweet for me,I only sprayed a little bit on my wrist ,and indeed I could smell a little scent of liquorice, but also a very heavy jasmine smell,in a bad to overwelming sweet way,I used to like sweet woody perfumes, maybe 20 years ago,now i get a headache and became nauseous of this smell. It reminded me a bit of Gabriel Sabatini's first perfume but Diesel smells way cheaper in my opinion,a bit like a candy floss(cotton candy)When I washed this perfume off in the evening i still could smell a little sense the next morning,so it stays on very long. The scent the next morning was a bit light woody,I liked that. Over all not a perfume for me,I'm 40, maybe it's smells better on a younger girl For me it's not Loverdose ,maybe sweet overdose

MEH! The typical modern designer feminine. Take a small part of Alien (the jasmine) plus some Lolita Lempicka EDP (anise, licorice, woods, vanilla), plus the usual fruity vibe and a HUGE woody-amber base. Et voilà. Overly sweet, disturbingly synthetic, cheap.

Fragrances like this should be banned for people older than 14.

Money burned.

micklynl
micklynl

hmm... I'm a big fan of Lolita Lempicka but this seems very different to me. LL is definitely more powdery, and to me, more sophisticated and grown up - Loverdose is more candy sweet (though not sickly.) I get grape candy through the licorice, and a slight plastic note - not horrible, but not incredibly wonderful either. Just nice.

Millas
Millas

Intenso originale meraviglioso

the churumbel
the churumbel

I bought it last saturday and definitely this perfume goes to my favorites. In my opinion loverdose is very sweet but no overwhelming, and the bottle is beautiful! Is one of those perfumes that can make you feel good only smelling it.

sweetgirl

this is much more warmer than flowerbomb...same family maybe but not the same...flowerbomb is more floral on top...this is more sultry vanilla...both are great! :)

MrMookie
MrMookie

Looks and smells like a Victor n Rolf rip-off bottle design, name branding and the scent in a way, but this is a good compliment for my fellow dutch designers...

Margreet

love it, that's for sure;] still can't decide if it's for the summer nights, autumn afternoons, winter days. I think that it is more sophisticated sister of alien TM, it may smell cheap to somebody, it's very relative scent indeed. Depends who wears this one. I would rather to picture 25/26 years old... self confident, sexy woman on the afternoon meeting with friends than teenager at school with this fragrance. Nice bottle and considering advert though;D

s4054026
s4054026

Okay boys and girls, get ready for the new global take-over scent. Think the much loved status of Flowerbomb or Lady Million - the scent that suddenly EVERYONE is wearing. Well, you know what - beleive the hype!
Never before have i been so enamoured with a perfume. In fact never before have i ever really loved any particular perfume - so the reation i got with this one is really saying something!
Yes it smells like licorice. Yes it smells like sarsparilla soda - but NO, definitely not in an over-the-top, or cloying way (just spray once!).
Here's what i learnt. I wanted a scent like Gucci Guilty - but with better longevity. So i discovered Black XS. I had Guilty on one arm and Black XS on the other - Black XS won out by a mile. Then i thought i remembered that Flowerbomb smelt similar. So the next day, in i went to the shop and sprayed Flowerbomb on one arm, then out of interest i sprayed this new Loverdose. Well. I thought the Flowerbomb smelt similar to Black XS but then, with Loverdose on the other arm, comparing the two, even now hours later, Flowerbomb is smelling like someone's grandma - while Loverdose is AMAZING!!!
It's a pity about the slightly silly name - and the pre-pubescent looking model. But seriously - TRY IT! It's insane!

Sweet, sugary fragrances are not going to attract everyone, and in all honesty, I grew out of liking overly sweet fragrances the day I turned 21. I wasn't expecting much from Diesel Loverdose, so when a sales assistant sprayed my arm with it last week I was ready to protest. Thank God I offered my arm to be sprayed. Loverdose is sweet like I expected it to be, but it's also really nice, actually better than nice, in some ways it smells quite sexy.

Loverdose to my nose is a cross between Britney Spears Fantasy and Lolita Lempicka EDP. It has the cotton candy texture of the former and the licoricey darkness of the latter.

Despite its sweetness, the composition is rather smooth and balanced. The opening is a lightly sugared vanilla and licorice blend, slightly gourmand in nature. I found the heart more interesting with the introduction of spicy anise, sweet jasmine and syrupy amber. I like how Loverdose also has a subtle spiciness which counteracts well with the vanilla.

The drydown was mostly powdered woods and vanilla to my nose, the licorice having receded to the background. I must add that this fragrance was pleasing in terms of longevity and sillage, lasting well over 8 hours on my skin.

I'm not a big fan of the bottle, as holding it in your hand while attempting to spray at the same time is rather difficult. Another negative point is that the juice stains clothes a pinkish colour, so avoid spritzing on your white t-shirt.

sweetgirl

this.....is great....trust....chemistry is even better in the skin...;)wink.wink...fragrance.net has it now...plus 15% off!

pompous
pompous

The opening to this perfume is just horrible.. The licorice is way too strong. However, after about an hour on my wrist it faded into a really nice, warm woody vanilla with a hint of mandarin. If it just hadn't been for that disgusting opening it would have been in my perfume collection right now.

sweetgirl

I HAVE THIS AND LOVE IT! ...YOU JUST NEED A LIL BIT ON...AND THE DRY DOWN IS GREAT ON ME....I LOVE THE BOTTLE TOO:)

Here it comes. I should apologize to all lovers and wearers, but what for? I don't like to be rude to people. Bashing this perfume or any else has nothing to do with people who love and wear it. I smell things and I feel the way I feel towards them.
Another sickening and sick-made over-sweet concoction for wannabe-a-15yo-looking-model-with-insolent-supposedly-sexy-face. This should be its real name, not Loverdose, which if you think about... it's still a silly name. A dose of what? i-Doser? Too many reminders to bad habits of our times. Poison was naif compared.
The bottle is very beautiful and attractive, a little too over the top and as often happens the bottle is a way to take focus away from the jus, I mean, the most essencial aspect in a perfume for me.
The scent is quite awful. It starts incredibly sweet and sickening. The pyramid listed notes are lovely and promising, but I see no real connection between listed notes and real jus. At any stage Lovedoser doesn't smell like any of its declared notes rather like a messy mix of anything. It could be generic fabric softener. Does anyone ever smelled "rose petals", "peach blossom", or "lavender field" in fabric softener labeled as "rose petals", "peach blossom", or "lavender field"?
Loverdose smells simply like perfume. You may like it or not, but you won't find anything real inside. You will have a virtual perfume.
After the scary opening, it settles to a typical, uptodate, very boring synthetical wood base. Longlasting.

Fizzy
Fizzy

The opening screams I want you like me! After this wanted-be-very-pleasant-but -strong-chemical-headache-too sweet-opening comes the typical drugstore base. It smells incredible cheap and not unique. If you want a nice one in this genre, buy Nina RICCI Paris in Love, which is a well crafted beautiful floral worth every penny.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

The opening is chemical and the drydown is sickening.
Cute botlle though.

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Honestly after smelling this in store I was not impressed it was far to sickly sweet and heady for me. I recently received it as a gift though so I felt I had to give it another go! Spritzed once onto my scarf on a night out and spent the evening fending off my other half, so much so I gave him the scarf in the end!

I'm still not a massive fan but if you like sweet scents and are in the market for a guy magnet defo give this a go!

ralucucky
ralucucky

OMG, this is way too sweet! Cloying. Appropriate for little girls, not for refined women. Big dislike.

Lushylori

This one surpised me.I was actually a bit apprehensive to try this one in the store a few weeks back but I actually like it.
Its quite sweet and strong but if just used in small doses I think this one is a winner.
I do think that I may be embarrassed to tell people that I was wearing a perfume called "Lover dose" though lol
Sounds kinda dirty :D
I'd buy this one if it came down in price but I'm not sure its worth the $80.00 price tag though :)

chiara.candaele
chiara.candaele

How to create a best-selling perfume : The first step is to create something overpowering sweet. The next step is to create an advertisement that promises you that you will be a 'rebel' and that you will be 'mysterious'. The next step is to find a model that looks like an average 16 year old girl minus a few pounds. Tadaa, success guaranteed!

Previous successes: Black XS by Paco Rabanne, Amor Amor forbidden kiss, Euphoria.

elaboracja
elaboracja

I like it much more than Lolita! I love it's sharpness.. Lolita is more powdery on me and makes me feel like grandma. i'd never think that i would love simmilar scent to lolita. but loverdose is more harsh and modern that I feel more sexy than old :)))

nurStress
nurStress

To me it smells like musky floral gourmad (jasmine, tuberouse, vanilla and maltol overdose) with noticable strawbery jam facet. Not completely different, but those who have a sweet tooth will like it.

butterbee
butterbee

Loverdose smells strongly like licorice and cotton candy. It's very spicy and sweet. In my opinion it smells really mysterious and sexy. As I love licorice and very sweet scents, I ADORE Loverdose!♥
Its lasting power is very high: you can still smell Loverdose even after 24 hours on your clothes. Further the bottle is very pretty!

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

I tried this perfume in Duty Free, because of the awesome bottle. I was very disappointed, I am afraid. ALL I can smell is licorice. It starts with strong licorice, develops into a softer licorice, and then disappears :P That said, I am very sensitive to this particular note, so maybe other people can get other things out of this perfume.

nikki1234
nikki1234

i decided to buy this as a blind buy after reading so many good reviews on here and im soooo glad that i did. It is now my favourite perfume of all time!!. On me, it opens with sweet liquorice and flowers then a short while later develops into something amazingly sexy with vanilla, amber, something else that i just cant put my finger on and a hint of the liquorice.

I'm in love with loverdose and i can see it being my favourite for a long, long time! :)

miZZpuRRfect

smells like blue sugar from aquolina, a lil' less sweet with an overdose patchouli (or something mossy really weird on the base). not my cup of tea. best alternate for licorice lovers is still lolita lempicka forever !

yessisbfc
yessisbfc

I love this perfume. I usually stick to my flowerbomb but thought I'd try this and it's love! It smells so sweet like candy and is just adorable! The bottle it lovely too

ewelka
ewelka

Love it !!! I love the whole idea behind it & of course I had to add it on to my little collection of cute bottles & I just couldn't resist to it :).
I would always prefere more floral notes but glad to have it. Firstly it seems to be very sweet but after while smell so sexy. Get it or regret it :)

SensualistGeek
SensualistGeek

Quite well done. But it immediately made me realize what a masterpiece Lolita Lempicka really is...

Molko
Molko

At first smell I remember Burberry Brit but after few hours I feel like the copy of Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensuelle...
Anyway this scent is good:)

kim.verweij
kim.verweij

Love the Anise and liqorice notes..truly unique

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I tried this one a few days ago.. First of all I really really love the bottle, the shape and also the juice.. It´s gorgeous.. Too bad it doesn´t last long.. But this will be definelly my next purchase.. I find this a bit weak, but this kind of perfumes and bottles need to be in my precious collection.. So soon I am going to run for it.. In the website I usually order my perfumes is out of stock always, girls are crazy for it!! I´ll get mine as soon as avaiable.. Go get yours <3
Also love the music video of loverdose,(The girl is very cute,except the front teeth)lool

EDIT:

GOT IT!!! =D =D =D

anna.023
anna.023

Oh, I love LOVE licorice! Sadley this dosnt contain even half of the amount licorige that I had wish for. It starts out very promising! Sweet vanilla with lots of salty licorige and anise. GREAT! Only wish that it could stay like that forever. It dosnt:( Later on it developes into a ordinary and even kind of week, overly sweet vanilla. After the first hour it reminds me about the cheeper vanillas, like Britney, Augilera and some bodysplash aromas. Totally love the beginning, but after the first hour my intrest fades just like the originality of this perfume...Lastingpower and sillage are nice at first, stays strong first 2 h, but fades quick and stays close to skin after.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Love the bottle, feel so so about the perfume. Its very licorice so if you like that go for it. I like eating licorce, but thats as far as it goes for me im afraid. This perfume is very well made, deep and it dries down to something else than just licorice. Its sweet but not teen sweet. Well done, but not for me.

abigail5328
abigail5328

Warm, sweet, strong, spicy, provocative fragrance!
Bertie Bassett in a bottle!
Loverdose is like walking into a sweet shop filled with liquorice!
It starts out with a very strong scent of liquorice which acts as the main note throughout. This is a sweet scent but not in a girly cotton candy way, as the star anise gives this fragrance a bit of a spicy edge. The liquorice on the dry down becomes softer and develops into a creamy vanilla scent. I cannot pick out any florals in this one, just liquorice, star anise and vanilla.
The sillage is good for the first 15 minutes. The longevity however was poor.
This is definitely a scent for the fall/winter.
Looking at the notes I expected to hate this, but I tried it anyway and I was pleasantly surprised. I expected this to be one of those ‘gives a headache’ kind of scent, but I was wrong. While this scent still gives off a strong liquorice note, it stays fairly close to the skin. This is neither a love or hate fragrance for me. But I can see this being popular.
I do however love the chunky amethyst love arrow shaped bottle!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially powerful perfume which is complex and modern and smells better the longer it goes on..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-3 Mins- A strong, pungent floral with a subtle twist, which smells like dark chocolate to me, but that is not listed. This is not a unique scent, instead very modern and common place. As a man this is not overly sexy, but it is extremely feminine!! Ages 25-40

3 mins- 3 hours - Projection ok, 1.5 foot around.

3-5 hours- Some peppery spiciness, little projection and close to skin

5-7 hours- Yummy soft cocoa effect, the best bit, but it is very faint on the skin

7-8 hours - last bits are quite soapy

Best bits are how feminine it starts and the drydown but not for me

sarage
sarage

My teenage daughter had a sample of this. I consider this a young scent. This is like a more subtle version of Paris Hilton's Can Can, it immediately reminded me of it.
Notes of licorice are strong.
This is not one of those very sweet bubble gum scents, though.
This is for a young woman with attitude ;)

In a nutshell, I think Loverdose is basically a better gourmand version of the Theirry Mugler Alien. It may not be as potent as the Alien, but it has a nice smooth licorice quality to this sweet little white flower bomb. Honestly, I am not a fan of white flowers, so I can't really say much, but I like it for what it is. I actually prefer this over the Alien. Love the bottle too! Is it a coincidence that it reminds me of Alien in every way, including the bottle? :)

Juliana6

I tried it on a paper strip and I hated it!! Strong, offensive, crazy "loud" perfume! I threw the paper in my bag in order not to smell this awful thing. I returned home and forgot my bag with the paper strip inside.
Today I wanted to wear the same bag, I opened it and... There it was-gorgeous fragrance! It' s beautiful!!!!
Dear Loverdose, I apologize for all my bad words to you. You are THE ONE!
Modern, long lasting and lovely! The arrow of love for this scent has touched me!

SS79
SS79

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Just bought the gift set!! I absolutly adore licorice and anise.. so this was a no brainer! lol.. and thanks to a fellow fragrantican "Cams" I was able to find it (giftset) here where I live..
I also love the bottle.. the purple heart stabbed with the black dagger, suit the name perfectly I think.. just wonderful!! Glad to have it in my collection!!!

Cams
Cams

This is stunning - I layered the fragrance with the body wash and the body creme and I am beside myself with joy. The floral and spicy mix is simply wonderful. I love it.

lovekova
lovekova

Oh no! So overwhelming anise! It almost killed me while trying in the shop. I passionately hate anise and salt licorice in any way, but I like to check out the development, so maybe I will try it again and avoid sniffing it for some hours. Ugh.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

This smells SOOOOOOOOOOO much of salt licorice. If you like or love salt licorice, then you will like/love this. If you like me don´t, stay away from it since ist all salt licorice.

Seraphic
Seraphic

Originally, I hated this fragrance. There was something about it that bothered me so much, and now after trying it a few times I've come to terms with that note. I think it's the mandarin orange that's amping up more than usual on me but all the other notes create a very warm nice fragrance.

I can smell the star anise and licorice (Though on me very mildly which is a disappointment). The florals, vanilla and musk are all playing in the background but not really that noticeable on me.

Overall, I might see what my boyfriend thinks of it but I think I'll keep it just for if I'm ever in the mood for it.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

The top and middle notes were sexy and pleasant. As soon as the heart notes opened

I wanted to gag! A nauseous melody indeed.

TillyMint
TillyMint

I was a bit skeptical about this perfume as I had been told it was very like Flower Bomb - which I was given as a gift and loathed (politely !)

But this is fab.u.lous.......

If you love vanilla and earthy deep scents this is different, quite lovely and the one for you. But if you cover yourself with scent like its room spray then I warn you you will clear train compartments. This scent is not for the faint hearted. NB. Its HEAVY so please go gently. And then wait for the comments!

Lyndale
Lyndale

One thing no-one seems to have mentioned is that this fragrance is designed to attract the opposite sex (although you aren't going to feel very confident about that if you can't stand it!) I have only tried a sample and had to hide the rest of the vial.... I spent the rest of the evening trying to fend off my husband who suddenly seemed to have sprouted a number of extra arms!
So before you give up, see if it gets your man giving up all will to resist!

Perfumian Girl 7
Perfumian Girl 7

I love the bottle. It's purple, heart shaped and funky! I think this is a really nice scent. I recommend it and would wear it on a date or maybe a special occasion or even a girls night out. A lot of people I know are wanting this and compliment how I smell when I tried it out. :)

kemi
kemi

well, i think this perfume is really lovely

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

If you are a fan of vanilla then this is for you! I have to admit it's very nice. It's not my style but when I sprayed it I was pleasantly surprised. Yes there is a little Lolita Lempicka resemblance from the Anise, it turns into a spicy vanilla and then softens in the dry down to a comfortable vanilla mixed with anise. The sillage is not strong but I can still smell it on my skin from spraying it last night before bed. As for the name Loverdose , I would call it pleasantdose.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

I have to give kudos to Diesel for this cool fragrance, even if it's not me. Sweet, statement making, and very similar to Lolita Lempicka (as has been previously stated.) It's not TERRIBLY original but I can imagine smelling this on a women and being intrigued by her scent, there's something a little sharp and dry that gives a nice edge to the sweetness and makes it interesting. I also love the ad campaign and bottle, all comes together so nicely.

Liene
Liene

Too sugary and sweet for my taste. In spite of interesting beginning after hour it becomes flat and does not change anymore (at least on me). Oh, and bottle is very uncomfortable to hold.

connossieur
connossieur

No... Smells a bit like lolita lempicka (because of the licorice), but its too sticky for me. Like a cough-syrup I had as a child. A little too "bubblegum-teen" for me!

TankGirl
TankGirl

I smelled this perfume today at the perfume shop and its very edgy. Although, edgy it doenst mean its good. Well Loverdose is like Lolita Lempicka, Britney's Fantasy, Angel and Flowerbomb having a nasty orgy.

angel6
angel6

The star anise is very powerfull in this, and remind me of Flowerbomb, some people are comparing it with Pink sugar and I don't agree because pink sugar don't smell star anise for me. anyway if you have flowerbomb you don't need this one.

karin.popovic
karin.popovic

this is a 1:1 copy of aquolina blue sugar but less deep, sweet and strong. more than any other mentioned twins from LL this one has star anise in combination with the licorice accord as the aquolina blue sugar fragrance as well does. Loverdose has something disturbing in it what makes it bizarre to my nose... i prefere much more blue sugar which i do really love since it came out.

missymary

I forgot to say in my first review that I love the chunky Cubist heart shaped bottle reclining like a Picasso nude. Bravo Diesel. One in the eye for the posh houses.

just_sara
just_sara

this scent is really sweet and sexy,
I love it for a night out. At first is is very sweet.After that still sweet but unique, because of the licorice. After a couple of hours it turs into a more sophisticated scent. Young and daring! I love it :D And the bottle is super cute. I have the 30ml.
My boyfriend hates sweet scents but he loves this one.

LittleSnowflake

Just as a quick update.. I havent done a side by side comparison with Lolita Lempicka yet b/c im not at home where my frag stash is, but i notice the Licorice note is a lot more fleeting in Loverdose than it is in LL.

When i 1st sprayed Loverdose the Licorice notes were very apparent, just like LL, but whereas in LL those spicy Licorice notes stick around, in Loverdose they seem to disappear completely in the drydown.

On me i was left quite quickly with a fairly generic (but still pleasant!) sweet, soft vanilla gourmande scent.

I was hoping the anise & licorice notes would stick around a bit longer.

TBH im a little disappinted with Loverdose. Sure, its a perfectly lovely scent thats totally wearable, but it hasnt got that 'wow' factor i was really expecting from this so-called 'Love Potion'.

Id definitely choose TM Angel and LL EDP over this anyday.

LittleSnowflake

This reminds me a lot of Lolita Lempicka EDT/EDP (2 of my favourite frags!), but Loverdose has nowhere near the silage or lasting power of Lolita Lempicka EDP on me. I presume its the Licorice note that makes that connection in my mind, but they also share other characteristics - presumiably the vanilla etc (will update later with more specifics when ive done a side-by-side comparison).
Loverdose just feels like Lolita Lempickas weaker little sister to me, so i wont be buying a full bottle - i will however be renewing my bottle of Lolita Lempicka EDP instead!

sofababe

I'm having to add something after my earlier review.

I went out last night and wore Loverdose. I sprayed myself quite liberally and also added a couple of sprays on my shirt. Somehow, last time I reviewed Loverdose I didn't realise how long lasting it is. Its now morning and I can still just about smell it on my wrists, and the sprays on my shirt worked wonders! The sweet licorice stayed with me, and blended with the "flowerbomb" type drydown on my skin, I smelled incredible :-)

So, contrary to my previous review, Loverdose is very much a Must-Have fragrance for me.

0135rachy
0135rachy

im in love with this fragrance at the moment, i smell the licorice strong for the first five minutes then it mellows out in to a creamy sweet vanilla which smells beautiful. i have good comments when wearing this and my partner loves it. I find loverdose to be a strong perfume and 1 or 2 sprays are plenty, The best blind buy ive ever had

gigiletta
gigiletta

i tested it last night and i am craving the bottle.it is very sugary-non sticky but contains something harsh like cough syrup.anise and licorice reminds me lolita lempickas perfumes but this one is more lightier and young.i like fume,but i think it would be buy for the bottle.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

To me, this is the perfect, uncomplicated, sweet and warm winter scent.

When wearing it, I smell a lot of sweet liquorice and a woody note, not much else. This is not by any means a sophisticated or sexy scent, but it's my go-to comfort scent for early morning classes at uni.

Anechka
Anechka

it smells vanilla and the scent reminds me of other fragrances... not special at all :/ but the bottle is beautiful.

Mad-Lainey

I have tried it today and I'm afraid I haven't got a good news.
I am not sure as to why it has been classified as oriental vanilla as it has nothing to do with the olfactive group.
Loverdose's opening is terribly sour and as it dries down, it becomes suffocating and bitter.
There is no sweetness and unfortunately, I haven't detected licorice or anise - my two beloved notes.
Loverdose is heavy on jasmine and gardenia but these two notes are overwhelming to a point of reminding me of Bvlgari Jasmin Noir.
Sour, heavy and unpleasant.
I will never buy it and i am happy i could test it first as I was ever so close to purchase a 75ml bottle in blind.
Awful experience.
The bottle is pretty.
Lasting power is rather appalling - 2 hours. Silage good for the first 15 minutes. And then - it goes pufff....
Gone.
Thumbs down for this one.

missymary

Had my first sample today and first impression was quite exciting. It opens like a deliciously sweet spicy Danish and delicious licorice. The start was so promising that I was sure that something really heavenly would soon happen, but alas the lip-smacking licorice concoction after a while just drifted into a plain warm vanilla drydown. I was hoping Loverdose might rival Lolita Lempicka, but no, she is still queen, and Loverdose is a pretty maid in waiting. Having said that, if you were happy to keep spraying for the opening only, Loverdose is the best sweet gourmand since Fantasy, and has a charm all of its own.

Susanita
Susanita

This is adorable fragrance, really sweet though. I sense mostly vanilla and licorice.

I like it pretty much, but I think it's too sweet for me. This is maybe even sweeter than Diesel Fuel For Life Unlimited.. ^^

candys
candys

I love this perfume! Soooo cosy and i want to eat myself. The licorice is very dominant on me. I totally fell in love with this perfume! But i cant see myself waring this everyday because its way to cosy and candyish. I really love magnetism by escada and loverdose reminds me of magnetism, magnetism is more fresh and more everyday. Loverdose is just something to wear when you feel extra cosy. Magnetism wakes me up in the morning while Loverdose just wants me to stay in bed. Cant decide if im going to buy this!

lat
lat

This is veeery similar to Chopard Happy Spirit. Smells almost exactly the same and the bottle looks even oddly similar. Only the drydown is richer that in Chopard, making this more wearable in winter. That's that. Will become extremely popular, I dare guess.
I like it a lot, but own HS, so won't be purchasing this.

mrsB
mrsB

Love the bottle so pretty and with the dagger through the middle gives it an edge, shame about the advert makes it look like a girls version of lynx ( YUCK!)
The perfume is very strong so lasts very well and is great if you like sweet things but the licorice is to strong for me and made me feel a little queasy after awhile but I think it will be very popular.

Lalunia
Lalunia

I just love it! I feel so sweet, I could eat myself, also good for going out, love it...... last long, and even longer with body lotion, super!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very heavy and sweet. Lots of vanilla, candy and fruit. The bottle is like an large amethyst gem - very nice. For the younger woman in my opinion. The name "Loverdose".....oh dear......

stelladoro
stelladoro

Clever name, reminds me of a Zucchero song. I'm guessing by the reviews it's just as sweet. I was thinking of getting a sample, but after seeing 'who likes this likes . . .' and finding only one scent I like (not love), I won't. I love that feature, for me it's an excellent guide to fragrances. Words can never bring a fragrance to life, this feature is worth more than a thousand words.

bladesabre
bladesabre

As soon as I read about this perfume I just had to try it, and once I tried it I just had to buy it! It's awesome! Very different to what I'd usually wear but I must admit I've been looking for a new, more grown up version of the sweet perfumes I've been attracted to in the past. This is my new no1! Plus it lasts! Also I love the bottle and the way it fits into you're hand!

lilou
lilou

I love it, this perfume keeps its promises. Licorice and vanilla are very present, so I could say it's a bit like Lolita Lempicka Le 1er Parfum. But Loverdose is more provocative and spicy. After a few hours it leaves a delicate and delicious smell.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I like it. It's a nice everyday sugarsweet perfume. The bottle is very nice.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

To me it smells very similar to Lolita Lempicka , but more sweet. Lots of licorice! I like it. :)

melia
melia

Didn't even try it on paper because from the bottle I smelled a looooooot of anise. Sweet anise and licorice. I love anise in warm milk, but not so much in a fragrance. But if you do search for a wearable (not niche) anise-y fragrance, this is for you.

karisma2011
karisma2011

Very "in your face!" I like it and im not surprised as im into heavy scents and in winter i'm used to live on Angel and Flowerbomb as they make me warm an cosy!
Yep, quite similar with the above, very sweet but not too sickly for me, lasts ages and im going to make it my next purchase!

Livvy111
Livvy111

Smelt this one and did not like it at all. no subtlety- its just big notes and an absolute sugary overkill. Its the same type as Angel or Alien; not really my kind of perfume.

delphine67
delphine67

The opening to me is similar to Lolita Lempicka.
But the dry down is awfull and artificial.
I smell a note that puts me off, it gives the scent a cheap kind of way like those 10 in a dozen smells.

sofababe

Once the liquorice/aniseed note is gone you are left with a Flowerbomb clone. In the top its a Lolita Lempicka/Flowerbomb love child and I so wish the liquorice hung around longer as its quite a delicious mix. Maybe I'll have to try layering those two up one day.
Loverdose is nice, lovely even, but too similar to too many other fragrances to really stand out or make itself a "must-have".

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is typically the hyper hype scent for the trendy , nighcluber girl . Once AGAIN i'd say .
It resembles so many other recent scent that i can't point out which one exactly , might be a mix of several ones : put Loilta Lempicka Premier Parfum , Pink Sugar, Black XS for her , and maybe a bit of Angel in a blender , and you'll have Loverdose !
It's also a "bad girl" scent , as i said in my Prada Candy review , it is her evil twin sister . She is sexy , provocative, loves to seduce and loves to be noticed.
Please use it with a very light hand !!!

buhar
buhar

This is just a combination of Princess-Vera Wang and BlackXS!! They got the bottle immediately from Princess and mixed the smell with BlackXS!!
Overall 1/10...

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

Smelt this in the shop the other day and tested it on my skin, by the end of the day the scent was still noticeable and still lovely. It's floral but equally tangy and very WOW. Perfect for a night out ! It's now part of my collection, love it !!!!!

queenvic
queenvic

MMmmmm tried this today and wow! love it, i realy wanted to buy it, but got to save up spent far to much on perfumes recently!, seriously i highly recomend this one!!!!

chowchow41
chowchow41

Considering the notes i thought that i liked it. I got a sample and the dominant note at first spritz is licorice. Then after 10 minutes there was the jasmine coming out but i found the licorice {screaming here i am and that's why you cannot detect any other notes} disturbing but loooooooooooooved the jasmine. This is the reason why i will not by it.

Malibu
Malibu

I'm a bit disappointed with LOVERDOSE in all honestly; it is nice enough, but it smells the same as countless other perfumes. It's a shame, as I've been counting down the release for it, like a kid waiting for Christmas, as most of the listed scent notes are amongst my favourites.

It starts promisingly enough; plenty of spicy star anise and licorice, with a hint of vanilla. It's a great contrast between the louder, energising spices and the quieter, softness of the creamy vanilla. Very appealing.

However; after starting of with a bang, LOVERDOSE soon starts to unravel. None of the florals are detectable on me, so whilst I love the above notes, everything soon starts to seem flat, one dimensional and boring.

Also; I find the masculine woods in the base very bitter. A hint of the dreaded [by me at least] patchouli perhaps? I normally like a masculine kick in my autumn/winter perfumes, but something in here just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm going to keep on testing it to give it a fair chance, but yeah, I think that I'll buy Pulse over this.

Today I sprayed LOVERDOSE on one wrist and Beyonce Pulse on the other and found them somewhat similar, though I prefer PULSE overall, as the Curacao accord in it is more unique and the drydown is smoother.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Sweet as candy.

The perfume is pure licorice at first, when it settles there's the gardenia and jasmine, and the scent dries down to vanilla and woods. The drydown is like milky vanilla candy.

It gives me the same vibe as Neonatura Cocoon by YR. A comfort frag with licorice instead the cocoa.
It isn't sexy at all, it's just cosy and sweet. Perfect for any time you feel gloomy or just 'blah', it will make you smile.

The bottle is really nicely made, it's quite heavy glass and the colour is amazing. I'm definitely buying!

*****

Patricia84
Patricia84

Nice, but pretty generic...

the sun
the sun

Yestarday I get a chance to try this one.And I was disapointed.Another sweet and boring parfume.The bottle is very cute.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmm, another 'Angel' clone which relies, again, on the structure of a masculine-woody base married with a sweet slightly anisic scent which makes it vaguely interesting. I don't dislike it but it really is very similar to Black XS and others in this done-to-death genre. I prefer Fuel for Life, it's cleverer.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

The opening of this scent is incredibly shockingly sweet - like sherbert - so sweet it almost hurts! I was heading towards scrubbing it off when the licorice kicked in and it became less sweet and more interesting. Within 20 minutes it had changed again and was a dry woody, musky affair with a distinct rubber note. The final phase is like Bulgari Black with added licorice and the volume turned up a notch. All together this slightly confused/confusing scent with it's split personality lasted a good 4/5 hours finishing very smooth and close to the skin. Do I like it? I am not sure - I like the Black element but I don't know if it's worth going through the opening horror - perhaps I should layer Lolita Lempicka Minuit and Black!

Ártemis
Ártemis

I tried this fragrance without seeing the notes, just because of the advertisement. I liked it, but I was expecting much more. It is a nice, inoffensive fume.
It opens fruity and slightly sweet. Then I could smell white flowers, predominantly the jasmine. When it dries down there is a nice dark, creamy vanilla.
I agree this fume matches better to cooler weather. I tried it in a hot summer day and did not like much the evolution, the jasmine turned into an indolic jasmine for moments. I have to wait for colder days to try it again.
The silage and staying power were very poor; it vanished very quickly, maybe due to the hot weather…I definitely have to try it again when the summer is gone.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Just looking at the notes alone, I wouldn't have expected to like this, as I'm not really a licorice fan.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. The licorice note blends well with the tangy orangey top note, the white flowers and the sweet vanilla base. It lends a little bitterness to the perfume which offsets the sweetness beautifully.

It has an *Ancient Arabian* sort of vibe to it which is magical (perhaps because of the combination of jasmine, amber and licorice).

It's a nice, very inoffensive, simple scent that dries down to a sweet woodsy fragrance...perfect for school, college or work.

The lasting power and sillage are a bit of a let down, as it's a scent that seems to stay very close and didn't last more than four hours on me, but nevertheless I really loved it anyway.

This is more of a cooler weather fragrance in my opinion, and it's one that I will put into my rotation for fall and winter.

This was to me like another version of Pink Sugar. Maybe like a herbal version. It's a candy scent again. Mostly it reminded me of Paris Hiltons "Passport Paris". I can only see this for young girls. I think too that the licorice comes out strongly.

cocobella
cocobella

i tested this one today and it is fabulous. i definitely want to have it. it is kind of sweet, liquoric and different.
very modern. also it is sweet it isnt candy or girly. very nice.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

Lucky me! Sometimes I get to smell JUST-LAUNCHED frags due to job tasks.
Like this fume I happen to adore.
Really nice balance between sweetness and spicy sensual notes.
licorice is in the spotlight full of glamour and sensuality!
Flirty and warm, wait till you try it, it will get to your soul if having the right chemistry.

Mad-Lainey

That is quite funny - the fragrance has not even been launched yet and there are already 4 reviewers who voted on Like-Love-Dislike????
How confusing...

Loverdose contains all the notes I love and I would die to try it as soon as possible!

But I will vote and write a proper review only once I try it.
Not before :-)

miZZpuRRfect

this perfume seems to have all notes i m in love with united. as a huge fan of diesel fuel unmlimited and diesel fuel summer edition i will shurely test-ing this one asap. i can tconfirm diesel perfumes have a low quality. they have intense smelling and almost unique unusual aroma and they drive lots of compliments.

Loverdose by Diesel 3.55 out of 5 based on 1566 ratings and 318 user reviews

DIESEL LOVERDOSE for WOMEN by Diesel EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
DIESEL LOVERDOSE for WOMEN by Diesel EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Diesel Loverdose Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Diesel Loverdose Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diesel Loverdose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Diesel Loverdose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Loverdose by Diesel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Loverdose by Diesel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.