Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette Diesel for women

Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette Diesel for women
dislike

A year after the original, Diesel presents Loverdose Eau de Toilette – the lighter and fresher version of this seductive feminine fragrance. The fragrance is enriched with sparkling fruity notes.

It opens with fresh and tangy apples that lead through the heart of ultra feminine and bright orange flowers to the base made of crystal and sensual musk.

Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette was launched in 2012.

Red Apple

So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum

Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

I had high hopes for this, but....ugh.

Too strong! Very, very sweet and white floral.

No licorice or anise.

There's gotta be vanilla in it, because I got that wonderful telltale pain in my temple/sinus area.

No clue wtf I'm going to do with this now. I shudder to imagine how overwhelmingly strong the EDP is... O.O

LisaandtheWord
LisaandtheWord

To me it's more of a woody licorice scent, it reminds me of Yohji Homme without the coffee note, a little more airy than that one. It seems like a nice summer scent for ppl who like black licorice scents. There's some jasmine to sweeten it, instead of vanilla like in Lempicka's Midnight Couture. It's not my favorite take on licorice, so I won't be buying it. (tried a sample)

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I adore Loverdose EDP, and wanted to try this. I got a deal on a bottle from Fragrancenet, being 95% full.

This is a lighter, much DRIER Loverdose. The licorice and anise are still DEFINITELY the stars of this perfume. What it is... is drier.... it's not loud, syrupy, or juicy anymore. I smell tea as well? I don't get any of the fruit notes, just a dry licorice musk with tea. It's a smoky/spicy licorice too.

Lasting power is decent with enough sprays. It lingers. Much lighter than the EDP, but still def the same perfume just less OOMPH.

I'm wearing this today for work.... I think this EDT works better than the EDP for work. I GENEROUSLY sprayed myself at 7am and 8am, I leave for work at 9am, and I wanted it to last all day.
It does... I am getting a light aroma that I can actually smell.
But at lunch time, I put a few drops of Lolita Lempicka on the back of my hand... and it's perfect... MMMMMMMMMMM. I can smell both and it works! <3

gamme82
gamme82

The edt also have anis and licourice notes in it, yet not mentioned in The above describtion.
Llongivity and sillage is moderate, and its actually not as cloying as The edp version.
Its different and certainly not for everybody. Very unique.

annisa.a
annisa.a

The EdP version isn't available in my country, so I can't compare the EdT version to the EdP one.
Honestly, what made me directly bought this EdT the first time I smelled it was because I love its scent! Yes, it's sweet, but not cloyingly sweet. I've never smelled any other perfumes like this either before. I can smell the Apples, however, this EdT really reminded me to Sarsaparilla (?) candies I used to enjoy when I was little. But again, in my opinion, Loverdose EdT isn't sickly sweet.

I categorize it as my "cold" perfume. Preferably used during late afternoon/nighttime to go out on rather casual occasion. It may be used during daytime too, but perhaps on somewhat cooler daytime.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

I smell tea, does it have tea notes???

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

I got a sample of this last week and thought I'd hate it with a passion - I don't! Yes, it is achingly sweet, and very loud upon application, and really quite tacky. But sometimes I really like tacky, tacky can be good. For example I love my zebra-print faux pony skin leather courts with electric blue stiletto heels, although I rarely feel out-there enough to wear them. Just looking at them makes me feel happy though, they're so cute and different. Similarly I think Loverdose is a likeable young fragrance with a great sense of fun.

Loverdose is not just a gimmick either - again like the shoes, which are genuinely beautiful if a bit over the top, Loverdose actually smells rather lovely to my nose. The opening is a slap in the face, it's true, but the drydown is much softer. Still SUPER sweet, but nicely so. I clearly smell apple as well as liquorice/aniseed and vanilla, which I thought would be a disgusting combination but it actually works. The apple adds just the slightest hint of freshness whick stops the sweet liquorice-vanilla-sugarbomb becoming yuckily sticky. I don't think it's a very refined scent, but who cares? I don't always want to be refined. Sometimes I just want to wear a minidress and be silly and have drinks with little umbrellas in and sing karaoke (very badly) with my mates. This is definitely a silly minidress umbrella karaoke perfume.

The longevity is excellent considering it's an EdT, easily 8 hours, and the projection (after the initial intimidating shockwave) is just right I think - noticeable at about an arm's length but not overpowering. I would feel uncomfortable with more powerful sillage of this particular scent as it's almost hysterically sweet and a bit unusual, I don't think everyone would like this fragrance SHOUTING in their face.

I would recommend this to girls and young women who have a good dose of self-confidence and a significant sense of fun, and who (importantly) like very sweet gourmands. I might even pick it up for myself if I see it on sale somewhere.

xVal
xVal

It's funny how people say THIS perfume is sweet while they have even sweeter perfumes.
Anyway, I love loverdose, but this one is just a cheaper version in my opinion.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i found loverdose edp too cloying and strong. now this edt is just perfect. it s airy light and still warm with the tipical loverdose licorice aroma but really well balanced and light weighted. its a warm and sensual, but yet fruity fresh "can t stop sniffing my wrist" - scent. on me it lasts what s too good to be true. bought it!

lilou
lilou

Nice, I can smell liquorice and musk. But I'm a bit disappointed : I love Loverdose EdP but this EdT is too light, there's no "overdose" in it.
The EdP is better to me. I think the EdT is better for young girls because it's pretty and inoffensive.
Good lasting power.

natalia.arcan
natalia.arcan

A lovely bottle, but the scent.. too sweet for my nose, too youngish, I would say, it pasts for 13-15 years old girls. Not for me definitely!

younqstunnahbaby
younqstunnahbaby

I do quite like the EDP so thought this would be a nice, light similiar touch. Boy was I wrong!I find this overpowering (smell of licorice) and almost nauseating! A lot of people are liking it though, personally Im not a fan.

napiergirl
napiergirl

wow this is confusing to me because i smell licorice which i hate but in this i like it alot , and instead i get plum rather than apple . It is very sexy !! I think it may suit a younger person than myself but may wear it from time to time because its just got something special going on .

kvety
kvety

On my skin, this actually mellows quite nicely and it is a bit more sophisticated than just the usual flowery stuff... yes, the initial waft is a bit sweet and overpowering, but if it is used with caution i think this could work for some people...

I would say this is more an evening one than a day time, and definitely not a summer fragrance, but i may even give it a try one day in the office...

If anyone faints with heavy headedness i shall report right back... :)

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Way too sweet, disturbing. Something a teenager would wear ...
Lasting power is incredible. İf youre looking for pure boring kind of sugar, this is it.

kadinurr
kadinurr

Tested it on paper and wrist today (EDP on my other wrist). It was subtle on paper but disaster on my skin. I just figured out that I smelled the root of Valeriana officinalis. I used to make sleeping aid tea out of it and I really loathe the smell of that tea.

I prefer EDP over the EDT because EDP is detectably more spicy.

I washed my wrists when I got home but I can still detect fresh pumpkin pie.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

I think it smells like Asian Lotus tea, really good taste, and I like it :)

liat
liat

Childish & uber-sweet. Really not for my age (30 something).

jovejove
jovejove

After the failure of the suffocating EDP, here comes the EDT. If this one fails, L'Oreal needs to learn that flankers are not always the answer.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diesel Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diesel Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette by Diesel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Loverdose L'Eau de Toilette by Diesel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.