Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Ambre Nuit Dior for women and men

Ambre Nuit Dior for women and men
dislike

Ambre Nuit Dior for women and men Pictures

After three popular Dior Colognes (Bois d'Argent, Cologne Blanche, Eau Noire) presented as three unisex editions in 2004 by Dior, Ambre Nuit, a fragrance inspired by amber arrives on the market in 2009. The new, refined, bold and sophisticated cologne brings a passionate and sensual fragrant arrangement.

Ambre Nuit opens with bright and luminous fresh notes of grapefruit and sunny bergamot as an exciting overture to intoxicating Turkish rose combined with passionate pink pepper. Warm amber notes round up the whole composition and leave a seductive effect. Dior AMBRE NUIT is available as 250ml cologne.

Amber Bergamot Grapefruit Pink Pepper Rose

Ambre Nuit Fragrance Reviews

spirit966
spirit966

This is great!
It's not a powerhouse oriental. Rather a very refined, sensual scent.

Opens with a pink/red rose that dissipates within 30 minutes. The opening is quite feminine. Dark roses like Montale or Portrait of a Lady have more masculine openings because of the woody notes and incense underneath the rose.

You are then left with grapefruit, hints of pink pepper, and earthy patchouli. The rose is still there, so still a little feminine.

The smell after one hour mark is beautiful, hints of citrus and a leathery second skin amber. Lovely, just lovely. Very wearable for men too. Its not a dark amber, no longer a floral amber, but a fresh and waxy amber with hints of citrus which makes it wearable for all seasons.

This could seriously be an all season scent and is signature scent worthy for all sensual types that don't need huge projection and sillage to prove their point!
I'm scratching my head between whether I prefer this or Lumiere Noire Pour Homme.
Musk or Amber?!

This is one of the best close quartered sensual scents I have ever come across. Maybe I am a sucker for the waxy ambers...

mofojo74
mofojo74

i have 62 bottles of ALL the good stuff...but have worn this every day since i got it...game over.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

This is lovely. A 'rose' fragrance than anyone could wear..man or woman.

Rose with a subtle gentle hint of amber, a little brightness from some pepper and a just a whisper of citrus.

Sadly, on my skin it did not last long and sat very close. It was very warm on the day that I tried it, and perhaps in slightly cooler weather I may have a better experience

Maybe others with different skin chemistry will get the most from this, because it is a gentle 'well mannered' rose and very subtle amber fragrance than is truly unisex.

paulhunter
paulhunter

The notes in this make me think precisely of D&G The One. Any thoughts/comparisons on this?

Krupp
Krupp

I HAVE to share the beauty of Ambre Nuit with you! Apparently, it lives under the radar at many people, and that's a shame for them. Give it a try, and your sole will be sold to this gorgeous, warm, creamy and soft pleasing scent. Even the color is nice!

How to use it? Ambre Nuit is for more discreet use, such as the cinema or cafe where you sit close to her, you want to get even closer.

opa
opa

This frag's aroma so much comforts my soul - softest but yet very much persistent. Ambre-rose-citruses-pepper composition where in presents a tinge of calming incense - all these create a sense of relaxed lingering combined with an effect of sensuality and great elegance. Always longing to have this one on.. even looking for the opportunity for. Most delightful and dare for me aromatic creation since I have discovered it among other samples I tried. The silage is moderate but the lasting power is simply great: 12+ hours on my skin. Will find it during my next coming Euro trip for a chance of having a whole 125 ml bottle.

yvashche
yvashche

Sweet sparkling amber. Not as sweet as I like and it could have used more smoke but very nice. Smells like you're wearing money!

xachlight
xachlight

sex in a bottle. warm and inviting. perfect for the cool fall. good for a man or woman.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

Not at all sweet, and not at all floral, on me, it is mostly a deep smokiness, with just a touch of rose — a burning of rosewood maybe, not even the flower. It is opulent without being cloying, spicy without being sharp (an extremely well-blended pink pepper?), the ambre adding depth deep below without emerging as the center, this fragrance is truly fascinating.

What I love about AN is that it is luxurious and strong without being loud or obvious. It is a fragrance that is beautiful for its absence of elements, for what it is not, defined by its negatives — much like Japanese cinema and its masterful use of the art of silence. Rather than use cheesy symphonic music to control the mood and feeling of a scene, it amplifies drama and reality by revealing life-like, human soundscapes.

Ambre Nuit would be the sound of lit torches crackling around a cavernous empty chateau, ice glistening from fires, footsteps falling on ancient stone, roses falling into the snow from an open window up above, a hooded man in the mood for intrigue.

I wear this as a woman though. :-)

henri345que
henri345que

Ambre Nuit was the last one to join what first was a collection of exquisite scents for men. Since the first inspiration was on Colognes from the past, they called it Colognes and simply didn`t put any indicator of concentration at the bottles or boxes. This changed after last year with the expansion of the collection.
Ambre Nuit is for me one of the best fragrances in this collection. Is one able to create an Amber theme which doesn`t make you think immediatly of Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan or others heavy amber fragrances. I get it as a mixture of amber materials, exploring the woody, incensy and the velvet-flowery aspect typical of ambroxan too. What i like in ambre nuit is that the amber doesn`t work hiding all the other notes, it leave space so you are able to smell the citrus at the opening, the flowers at heart, and a nutty aroma at the base. This is what i wanted their Vetiver offer on this collection to be: a exquisite composition able to focus on the material that names it but deliver a wider and well worked panoramic vision of what surrounds it.

I love this amber-based scent! It's not not just plain amber and not heavy at all. Amber is a delicious note for me but finding your own amber is a different story.
Some are heavy and spiced or too vanillic. I have a few that I really like and they smell different.
Ambre Nuit is a very friendly type of amber. it starts with a good blast of citrus and keeps its nature light and radiant with ther rose, still it is amber in its essence. My bf is not an amber lover like me and he wrinkles its nose at most of best ambers around!
With Ambre Nuit he was positively impressed. Not that this matters too much. It's very personal, but it tells that this is not in the heavy ambers category. Its complexity and radiance give an effect of sensuality and great elegance. I think this is good for men, too.
It has long lasting power on both skin and fabric.

Ambre Nuit is an absolute knockout! The opening is wonderful and then it just gets better and better in the dry down. I adore it!
I've sniffed many amber scents in my time and this one is an instant favourite...surpassing the likes of Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche and Tom Ford Ambre Absolute.
Ambre nuit is so well put together it genuinely had me hooked and constantly smelling myself because it's so divine.
Really unexpected from Dior too. I was honestly thinking...'Here we go again...I'll probably like it but it's yet another amber...' boy was I wrong!
The nostril stinging sensation that I usually get from potent niche amber's is just not apparent with this creation, it's smooth from start to finish.
A very subdued and gentle amber which has the perfect balance of sweetness and spice.
The rose is so well blended it offers up beautiful qualities without once smelling like rose...if that makes sense?
It's no projection or sillage monster but the longevity is pretty good.
This scent stays close to the skin and is so natural it's almost a skin enhancer...if that makes sense? Although if I knew anyone who smelled like this naturally they'd probably have a perminent harem of folks following them around trying to sniff them.
Great fragrance...well done Dior.

blauriche
blauriche

It's gorgeous, quite beautiful from start to finish. Elegant yet warm and comfortable. It's weak though. I find myself needing to spray a fair amount to get the fullness I'm looking for in the scent. Even then it quickly becomes a fragrance that wears very close to the skin...

Michael1962
Michael1962

So rich,deep and alluring,on my skin Ambre Nuit is a rose dominated amber scent.The rose here is dry and dusty but sensual and very similar to its younger sister Oud Ispahan.
I detect a slight patchouli and insence note which is not in the pyramid and prevents it from getting too sweet.Also the pink pepper plays its part well here.
Like all Dior perfumes the blending,quality and longevity are second to none and incredible value for money for a top notch niche.Truly first class.

insolence
insolence

Warm, dark, seductive, delicious. I am in love

harlemmal
harlemmal

This is a very intriguing scent. To me, this smells like a more potent spicebomb with a creamy note. I love the scent. Top notch.

fanny
fanny

When dreams come true, Ambre Nuit should be worn.

This is a delightful oriental scent.
The amber is dry and crisp, caused by delicious bergamot, grapefruit and a fine rose. The pepper is rather present too.
I could wish for more sillage. On the other hand, I adore the private world this wonderful concoction creates.
Once again I am smitten with a beautiful contradiction: warmth and zest.

In my top ten.

thecapn
thecapn

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one other than that it is AMAZING. This reminds me very much of Coco, but it's smoother. As much as I love Coco, there is something a bit sharper, more balmy about it. This is smoother, more fluid, dare I say more "fresh", but still every bit as sexy. This is really the ideal night-time scent for me. But besides the how it smells, this stuff also has awesome silage and some serious longevity. I applied it last night, about 12 hours ago, and I can still smell it lingering on my wrists. Mind you, this is from a sample vial, so I can only imagine having a full bottle and spraying it on. This is that perfumes that will linger on your skin, hair, clothes, and sheets long after you've sprayed it on. Sexy!

dmoman
dmoman

It's weird this doesn't have a ton of spices in the notes but it has that simular scent of tom ford tobacco vanille but minus vanilla and its thickness and has added the amber and dryness. It's a beautiful frag.

toffelin
toffelin

I instantly sense a cozy scent of amber and rose. It also has a mild freshness that I guess is coming from the grapefruit. My first thought was that I HAVE TO get a full bottle of this one.

After a while I'm starting to feel a touch of pink pepper carefully sneaking into the background making the perfume even more exciting and amazing. Then after about an hour all the notes is mixed to a perfect mix where I can't separate the notes from each other. Now it's one amazing scent that I want more and more of.

The scent has the same beautiful scent for about 6-7 hours on my skin before it starts to get lighter and more close to the skin. Now I've had it on for a little bit more than 10 hours and I can still feel a little bit of it when I put my nose against my arm.

This amazing perfume immediately squeezes its way in to the top of my list of favourite perfumes and gets 10/10 Points. Now I just have to find somewhere to buy a bottle of it.

LANIER
LANIER

Ambre Nuit from La Collection Privée by Christian Dior is blended with memories of love and its loss. It is a sweet remembrance of things that may never have been real but were none the less as tangible as a kiss in the rain, a look from a passing stranger who has the answer to unanswered prayers. It is a dream wrapped in smoky images and misty forms that make one never want to awaken to the dawn.

This is Dior’s Amber star. It is from beginning to end a lush romantic embrace of the most lustrous amber of the very best quality. Rich and full bodied like a great golden cognac. Even more so it is musical and holds this note as a beautiful deep tone from a great old cello played by a master. It is not the whole orchestra booming majestically but a beautiful solo in Amber.

There is in the opening spray a sparkle of bergamot and a twist of grapefruit that shimmers like champagne for a few minutes. Pink pepper is the pop of the champagne cork. The Amber is the goblet these citrus and pepper are pored into. As they settle down but never quite abandon the mix a gorgeous Turkish rose is added to the perfume. Like petals tossed in lazy abandoned onto a midnight pool this rose swirls in the center of the perfume to give it an oriental resonance of such splendor the senses are left reeling.

It opens boldly but never goes wild; it has restraint and an elegant dignity that never flags. It is beautiful on a man of great personal charisma and just as beautiful on a woman of magisterial mystery. As with all the perfumes in La Collection Privée, Ambre Nuit is outstanding in its unique signature. Nothing else smells like it in the line. It lasts for a good eight to ten hours on my skin. The projection is very good and never fails to get a complement or two.

Ambre Nuit is a sensuous silken experience that most certainly is for those with an understanding of and a desire for something rich but not overpowering. Of old world elegance and sophistication, it is a supper at ten and a ball that begins at midnight and ends in a barefoot walk along the Seine at sunrise.

AMBRE NUIT FIVE GOLD STARS *****

(FOR THE STORY THAT GOES WITH THIS REVIEW CHECK OUT MY BLOG SCENTS MEMORY)

deadidol
deadidol

As an amber fan, I found this to be a little disappointing in that the rose dominates the composition, taking away from what might otherwise have been a rich amber scent. This is a perfume that seems to pop up on many "top amber lists," and I can certainly understand why people would be drawn to its twist on the subject.

For me, the Dior privée line is characterized by an attempt at thick, opulent scents in which the volume of the notes is cranked way up to showcase them while still maintaining a level of distinction between them. In the process, though, the volume is attenuated to keep the blend smelling a little more classy than, say, Bond No. 9 (who I'd most closely associate this collection with). Whereas Bond deploys chemicals and a ridiculous amount of fixatives to set their volume level to blaring / obnoxious / tacky, the Dior line eschews such tackiness while essentially striving for similar goals. Although this is primarily a rose scent, the pink pepper is there at the outset and sticks around throughout. The whole mix, in fact, is quite linear: you can tell that these are highly polished and perfected scents à la Tom Ford's Private Blend in that there's little instability about them, and they do what they do very well. Relatively strong projection and longevity on this one.

With that said, I would not suggest this as an amber fragrance. This is mainly because the rose is the strongest aspect by far, and the amber itself (that's really just a base) isn't doing anything special whatsoever. Like many of its peers from the collection, there's not much to it—very little development, originality, or interest. While certainly not unpleasant, the line—and Ambre Nuit specifically—smells like a number of other scents already available, from both cheap stuff to middling designer scents. Although I generally make no distinctions in gender when it comes to scents (I still love Poison to this day), this—like its counterparts—leans far more feminine than its unisex status suggests. I'd argue that this collection is more geared to the non-fraghead crowd, one who perhaps wants a single, classier scent in their otherwise low-brow line-up.

In sum: a relatively nice, simple fragrance that's doing nothing new. And as far as amber scents go, there are far better options out there. For somebody who wants a warm, rich (albeit highly unnatural) rose scent, this might be a place to look. The price point, however, is exceptional in that you can get a 8.5oz jug of the stuff for only $250 (about $1 per ml).

armaniboy
armaniboy

Oh my for a couture fragrance this seems simple and straightforward.a wonderful rosey smell with slight amber nuances.i bought the 250ml as it was a better buy.When I first sprayed it I loved it.Rich and unique I thought and then I felt it was a letdown.people around me can smell it even after a long time.But I can't.i feel it's too smooth and very close to the skin.initially it reminded me of a very familiar women's fragrance which I used to smell as a child.i also think it is similar to ysl le parfum and (don't mock me)one million.And then I tell myself that I'm wrong.this is a truly unique and wonderful fragrance which I'm glad I have in my wardrobe.ill spray more to get more ;)

capucin
capucin

Superbe orchestration autour de l'ambre gris, pour les amoureux de cette matière , sans hésitation !

maheen.hussein
maheen.hussein

i absolutely love this perfume, it smells sweet and luxurious, but delicate. it's a shame though - it doesn't go well with my skin at all, starts smelling a bit like whisky and sweat. but it does smell amazing on some people.

tymanski
tymanski

this lil number has been creeping up more & more often in the rotation in the past month.
it is so elegant, that rose is dry & hot, so much so is seems caressed by labdanum, ambergris & incense after an hour or so, hence, i suppose the name. for me it's the easiest rose to wear, and very versatile in all seasons.
i must say that i really enjoy the four dior couturier i've bought so far (this, leather oud, oud ispahan, patchouli imperial)

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

I tried once in Paris Dior boutique. It is a very sensual and elegent fragrance. but it is really not cheap. Seems 75ml = 150 euro

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Acquired samples of this and Bois d'argent courtesy of a kind Ebay decanter.

The opening has refined bergamot and grapefruit, very nice but I would have thoroughly enjoyed it more if the grapefruit was more prominent. Sadly, it's the bergamot that lingers but around 15 mins later a very welcome pink pepper adds a nice 'sweet-spicy' touch. The amber is actually for me very tame in the background, not thick or dense in its presence - I would have liked it to be because it's a top quality amber especially when the rose appears later. I hate animalic-musk and strong bergamot notes, so there was always a danger of this one treading a fine line.

But actually, going back to start again it really does smell sensational from the bottle. And on some wearings, the grapefruit is much more prominent giving a more 'tart' feel with the amber quite thick too. So it's more sad to find it thinning out a bit later. Maybe they could produce a bigger concentration? =)

So the airy-thinness of the whole thing does annoy me because the amber really is beautiful, and I love my ambers thick and sweet. Also, I definitely detect some animalic muskiness wafting in and out seeming to form and accord with the fading begamot. At this stage, I find the scent almost metallic, something I'd rather be without.

It's a simple note structure and I wish Dior had put some more notes in to possibly drown-out the begamot/musk. However, the rose appears and begins a great drydown. Very sensual Turkish Rose and amber growing in strength, made me wish this accord had started sooner!

For now I'll give this the benefit of doubt and put it just below Invasion Barbare on my personal list. I just wish the pink-pepper, grapefruit and funnily enough the amber itself were much stronger! But I must say again, smell out of the bottle is pure heavenly.

It just needed a bit more amber 'punch'. Amber-huggers like myself need to be cautious when considering. Obtain samples from Dior themselves, they're kind with the requests if you're willing to pay just a little more than your standard sample.

4/5 overall, just- but 2/5 as a 'devoted' amber.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

The un-characteristic amber, a bright opening cologne similar to Jesus Del pozo ambar, where ambar falls into more generic synthetic citrus like cologne, ambre nuit is MUTED dark cologne that radiates lightly, this is NOT the thick dark oriental most ambers aspire to be, opens with spicy bergamot, and radiates warmly but never projecting that loudly. This piece conveys serenity and calmness.
Rarely am i lost at words to describe it, the composition is so well blended, on skin, the a aromatic spice come to play with the tiniest nuance of rose that is the centre piece. do not expect traditional perfumery at work, it s not sweet, it s not salty nor sour nor bitter, it s like squinting at a masterpiece, a picture of blurr colours, alive but unclear. Apologies for a weird description, but this is the only way i can describe it.

happy to swap decants worldwide

Muzoona
Muzoona

i don't know what i feel when i smell it. its so me.. i love those types of perfumes that can be used day/night and in all occasions, and this is one of them.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Probably the best of the entire "Exclusifs" range. Very luxurious, sensual and sexual but without the yelling and shouting.
The Amber is the centre piece and building block of this fragrance that shines like a radiant old glamourous chandelier: one bulb is a shining rose, another a zesty Bergamot, another is the grapefruit and the warmest of them all is a rich aromatic rose, right next to that pungent pink pepper.

Could be a seductive summer night fragrance that will definitely help you pull (without any shouting at all!)
In fact the best calibre will just be drawn to you!

Love this! Really beautiful and sophisticated.

ssherices
ssherices

This is such a gorgeous mysterious scent! I just wish it lasted longer on me.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I want to dispel a few myths about this before my review. First, I'm looking at my own package of Ambre Nuit that I purchased a month ago. It is NOT a cologne, this is an Eau De Parfum, so that should be corrected in both the description and picture. The second is the picture, the label no longer says cologne.

That out of the way, I'll put the lead up front. My wife originally bought this because she loves amber scents with some depth and finds them calming. This was quickly her favorite, and it's fast becoming mine as well. It does have a touch of rose and definitely a hint of pink pepper for some intrigue. I find that it dries down very nicely, has excellent longevity, and (for me) the right amount of projection. @Sherapop pointed out that there seems to be a tinge of incense, and that seems to pop for me when the woods are more present in the heart and dry-down stages. The rose becomes apparent about mid-way through.

There isn't much to complain about in this fragrance. It stays true to its amber roots, it's versatile enough for unisex wear, it's soft yet deep and very warming. However, I would never compare it Tobacco Vanille since it lacks either element, and comes across as more well-composed and defined versus synthetic and a confection. And at $150 for 125ml ($225 for 250ml), pricing is very reasonable, dare I say bargain (especially when compared to a Tom Ford). Highly recommend!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille but not as sirupy and not as sweet. I find it easier to wear. Very nice!

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Am badly searching for this i.e as part of Diors private collection I wanna test.

yassir yosre
yassir yosre

one of the best new collection exclusive scent in Dior i like to wear and its so so long lasting....

mehrdad
mehrdad

A mysterious fragrance, inspired by the baroque atmosphere and balls of the 18th century, which left their marks on Christian Dior. The tale of a Rose seduced by carnal Amber, which together unveil an unexpected profound, intense and elusive scent

به نقل از سایت دیور

Dior AMBRE NUIT is a compelling oriental cologne with spices more dominant than amber to my nose. There also appears to be a touch of incense or myrrh, and there is definitely wood in this composition, though none of these detectable notes are listed. I've been noticing though, in my travels through haute couture Dior, that they are fond of keeping their recipes a well-guarded secret. None of these niche-quality offerings reveals more than a few of its notes, though it's quite clear that they are all very complex, well-composed creations.

Wrist-sniffingly appealing, the only reason why I won't be adding AMBRE NUIT to my collection is that it is indeed a cologne, not an edt or edp. I used up my entire sample vial over the course of a couple of hours. I prefer my orientals in a more viscous format, but guys and gals looking for a thinner layer of oriental cologne should definitely give AMBRE NUIT a sniff.

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

Wonderful fall/winter fragrance: warm and slightly spicy with surprisingly good staying power for a cologne.
On my skin the rose is not very dominant and I would describe it as an amber fragrance rather than a rose fragrance.

Ambre Nuit by Dior 4.51 out of 5 based on 229 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Ambre Nuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Ambre Nuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Nuit by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Nuit by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.