Designers » D E » « Groups

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Dior for women

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Dior for women
dislike

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Dior for women Pictures Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Dior for women Pictures Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Dior for women Pictures

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises by Dior is a fragrance for women. Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. The fragrance features blood orange, pink pepper, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, coriander, elemi resin, benzoin, amalfi lemon and tiare flower.

Blood Orange Pink Pepper Cardamom Pepper Cinnamon Ginger Clove Nutmeg Coriander Elemi resin Benzoin Amalfi Lemon Tiare Flower

Saharienne
O d`Azur
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises Fragrance Reviews

luna rebel
luna rebel

I swapped my Hypnotic Poison for this perfume and I am glad I did. This scent is so close to nature that I get no harsh synthetic notes which my nose is really sensitive to (got a lot of them in HP). Marquies smells exactly like lemon essential oil! It is not sweet to my nose, but rather a fresh spicy citrus fragrance. I do not think the longevity is too great, but the projection is astounding, especially for a citrus fragrance. I was sitting about 8 ft away from my friend and he complimented me on this perfume. It's very natural smelling and not overwhelming. I layer it with Molinard Patchouli Intense to make it last longer (sounds like a strange combination but it is actually quite good and citrus dominates throughout).

If you are a fan of natural scents and citrus, this would be a great fragrance for you. It comes in a huge 4.0oz bottle and can usually be found for a reasonable price online.

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

If you like Miracle by Lancome you will most probably like this one, there is a sharp pepper note in this fragrance like Miracle has. This would be a nice fragrance for a hot summery day. The longevity is really poor. Less then a hour on my skin.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Like all the others in the Dior Escale Cruise Collection, this has absolutely nil lasting power, less than half an hour on my skin, which is a pity because its subtle spices (predominantly ginger and nutmeg) and pink pepper made it my favourite in the range. They are all lovely to spray lavishly in our hot Australian summers, but I can't justify paying out the money for such poor longevity. I sampled this one along with some of Michael Kors' Island scents, and the Kors ones lasted much longer, although they were not as well put together as the Dior (with the exception of Palm Beach).

daisee
daisee

So after writing my review of Portofino I discovered that the sales woman had given me samples of Marquises that I completely forgot about! And I think I like this better than Portofino! It has similar citrus notes, but it bypasses the classic cologne scent that Portofino opens with. There's a slightly spicy warmth in Marquises that takes the citrus up a notch and the addition of flowers makes Marquises more feminine. On the dry down something even smells sweet mmmmm.

Overall I think this fragrance will be great for summer and I might be tempted to pick it up after my samples are gone :p

A lot of people seem to come down hard on the Cruise collection, but I quite like it. I think the art pictured to go with these fragrances represent them well. They remind me of a very fresh luxury and sensuality, especially this one. I don't so much think they represent the city they're named after, but rather, the classy woman who's traveling there - in her Dior of course. I agree with TeeTee: white dress and white wine, preferably on the beach ;)

For Burberry The Beat fans, this smells like it could be a grown up and more femminine version; Probably from the shared pink pepper, cardamom, citrus, and floral notes.

One thing I don't like about the cruise collection is that the fragrances don't last long. I don't mind reapplying them, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

mery09
mery09

So lovely fragrance,fresh and beautiful but lasts only 30 minutes.

danda74
danda74

On me is VERY good at first, fresh citrus and pepper, but when it settles down it just reminds me of "l'instant" de guerlain... its originality doesn't last :(

icontreras
icontreras

What a wonderful scent! So clean, so fresh, so elegant...
It starts with a strong but pleasant smell of lemon but in some minutes it dries down in a wonderful bright, sparkling and invigorating fragrance...
This is a summer scent and now is winter but I can imagine myself the next summer with my new dress in a sunny sunday morning, maybe going to a wedding or a similar event and smelling this wonderful scent...
This is citrusy and fresh but at the same time is very elegant and classy... of course, at the end we are talking about Dior...
I love this fragrance and I recommend it to you if you like citrusy and fresh scents.

meligonlan
meligonlan

Smells nice but I prefer Escale a Parati, it has more character.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

It is a hot humid day and I am wearing this as I wanted a refreshing scent. It is indeed very refreshing, citrusy slightly spicy scent, very light. Perfect for this sort of a day, trouble is, I have sprayed lots and lots and after the initial citrusy blast, 4 hours later, I can't smell a thing. Such a shame as opening notes are soooo invigorating....but the longevity and projection are not very good. I feel like I need to refreh it, every 1-2 hours, and at a cost of this perfume it is just not an option.

puddley
puddley

Without doubt the most inventive of Dior's Escale trio.
As a lover of citrus cologne style fragrances in the humid months, I have a collection falling out of my cupboard. This one is grabbed most frequently at the moment.
It begins with a slightly 'sherbet' sweet zing containing a good whiff of the orange top notes. There is something of 'Refresher' sweets here. It's not an obvious orange like L'occitane's, it's softer, tempered by a floral undercurrent. I think Tiare Flower can be a bit cloying but Dior seem to have balanced the citrus with the floral beautifully and made a gentle floral that is as sexy as is it fresh. Maybe it's because Tiare to me smells a little musky, slightly body-like, as if it's flirting. Towards the end it becomes a soft vague floral with a teeny hint of spice. In the main though, this isn't a spicy scent and the pepper is virtually invisible to me.
Given it's cologne style, it seems to have a reasonable amount of longevity on my skin, you need a good few squirts and a top up midday but it puts up a much longer fight than my (adored) Caron Eaux Fraiche.
Recommended for cologne lovers who fancy a bit of quirk.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

In my opinion is the best perfume of the cruise collection escale of Dior. Smells clean and sophisticated, but is not yet for me. I just can see "old" elegant women wearing it.

the sun
the sun

The most favorite from all escale collection.Very fresh,soft and feminine,but not watery at all.At first spray I feeling fresh citrusses,but they very quickly geting down and apearing beautiful tiare flower.Even I can't smell any spicy notes.Great idea for summer,for hot weather.Scent seems very natural,like a second skin.Definitely my favorite.

tsofa
tsofa

I am not a fun of citrus or spicy notes, but I must admit that with this fragrance, I instantly had luxurius vacations in my mind!

To me, it starts fresh. Lemon note is very prominent, than the blood orange note, which is slightly noticeable. Then, I get the warm spicy notes. I don't know if it's the raisin note that gives that sweetness to the perfume or the tiare flower note, although I can not detect it. Overall, 'Marquise' is well-blended, giving you a sense of warmth and vitality, just like the sun spreading its rays on your face.

It's lovely, soft and... with poor lasting power, as mentioned by others below, but this doesn't mean it makes it a low quality perfume. No regrets of buying 'Marquise', I do enjoy wearing it. Although, 'Pondichery' remains my favorite... :)

K1
K1

I die for citric tones. The best of the collection is this one. It's so near to Tierry Mugler Cologne; the same tone of soapy leafy aquatic citric mainstream.
Just like the other two, perfectly proper for voyage and seashore vacation; so luxe yet so relaxing.

ION
ION

"Escale Aux Marquises" comes in a very nice bottle that's "too much" for the perfume inside. It is a decent cologne for the female population but it doesn't do much "Bergamotto Marino" doesn't do, infinitely better!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It has a citrusy, sweet, and gingery opening that feels sheer at first, but then intensifies as it begins to dry down. The spices in the heart are subtle, and the base is powdery and resinous.

The ginger is carried beautifully through this composition, balanced on the one end by sweet citruses, and on the other end by earthy resins and delicate spice notes.

It also has a slightly soapy feeling to it, and I think it would smell great on a man.

miriel
miriel

Escale aux marquises is my favorite summer scent. It works amazingly well with the heat. In Greece we have a lot of it! Actually it is the only fragrance I can stand in the heat.

When I smell this fragrance I smell a combination of fresh citruses and pepper. So nice and refreshing!

karisma2011
karisma2011

Wow! Just gorgeous! Have just finished a 125ml bottle and im going to get another one. I simply can't live without this during a hot day, i feel like spraying it non-stop:) Love the zesty spicy smell, powerful and fresh combination. And it lasts forever! Amazing buy if you like peppery scents.

$EVER
$EVER

Fragrance that excactly captures the exotic aroma of hot, summer gardens in tropics. Put on your skin, it emits an extraordinary scent resembling that one coming from evergreen, moist and warm soil or a concotion of overblown and sun-drenched flowers. Not a sweet perfume but for it keeps an exquisite essence. The first sniff evokes zesty nutmeg melted with sunny citrus. Then goes a very lasting and pleasant aroma of tiare flower. Exceptional to a very high level of perfection!!

I'm a little surprised that this fragrance has received quite a few negative reviews, seeming that I'm quite a fan. I don't usually like citrusy cologne-type fragrances, but Escale aux Marquises has surpassed my expectations.

Escale aux Marquises has a really refreshing zesty and peppery feel. It's a lot richer than Escale a Pondichery and Escale a Portofino, which were softer more citrusy fragrances. This perfume has a subtle hint of spiciness that intrigues me more than the other Cruise Collection fragrances did.

Ginger is a note that I really enjoy smelling in Summer fragrances. It gives a scent that special touch, while remaining fizzy and light at the same time. Honestly I don't get much in the way of the tiare flower, however I do get a lot of the citruses and the heavy spices.

Some are calling this masculine, yet I'll have to disagree. Despite smelling very much like a cologne, it's more feminine than masculine, especially on my skin. I also think it has a lot of character, so it's definitely something I would wear during Summer.

The sillage is not as weak as you would expect, in fact it projects rather well. The lasting power is moderate, something that wears for a relatively long time, but may need a few applications during the day.

Overall, Escale aux Marquises is a delightful fragrance, the perfect blend of citrus, pepper and spices. Fresh yet exotic, and in some ways, very sexy.

movs
movs

The airy and casual chic Escale fragrances really appeal to me and I find Marquise the most fascinating from this range.

The opening is a blend of sweet orange, warm ginger and hot spices. It is the sparkling and vibrant bouquet of an exotic market. Then the miracle happens. The dry down transforms this fragrance into a soft and almost mossy floral. At the same time dewy and airy. I don't know if it's the magic of the tiara flower ('cause I've never smelled it) or the orange that changes character but it's amazingly beautiful. So soft, warm and feminine.

It reminds me of an early spring day after a dusty rain where you can smell the damp from the earth and the grass. Where the sky is almost lavender blue and the trees have fresh green leaves. I will wear this fragrance on the first day of spring, when I put away the winter coat and the boots and for the first time wear shoes and a light coat.

In 3 words: SPICY - DEWY - SOFT

mulan
mulan

this is very fresh and unique fragnance. but the problem is lasting power. when you spray it dissapears for an hour. it's a shame cause is really beautiful :(

its a beautiful fragrance, smells almost exactly like Azzaro Now for woman... besides that the Dior is lighter, but smells very, very similar to Azzaro Now for woman.....

Dior ESCALE AUX MARQUISES is a light slightly woody aromatic cologne-type fragrance which I was sure must be listed as unisex. In fact, it's really more of a masculine fragrance, given the many aromatic notes usually characteristic of made-for-men compositions.

It's not that the ginger, cardamom, pepper, coriander, clove, and citrus are particularly strong--they're not. But they are significantly stronger than the feeble floral elements.

A nice hot weather cologne, to be sure. But ESCALE AUX MARQUISES does not, to my nose, scale the heights of vrai parfum and certainly doesn't call to mind the image of a marquise. This fragrance is subtle, soft, and understated--more like an inoffensive albeit high-quality splash with good staying power and medium sillage.

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I disagree that is smells masculine, I've tried a dozen scents in the last 3 weeks that have a definite masculine tone to them and this one doesn't fall into that category.

I didn't smell any aldehydes when I first spritzed it. I cautiously sprayed one wrist and smelled a burst of citrusy, floral, clean and breezy scents. I generously sprayed all my pulse points and on my clothing. 2 hours later, I catch whiffs of it when I move. It's a close to the skin scent, so I'd say sillage is pretty small.

I don't smell any of the spices, but it does have a bright carefree scent to it. A clean happy go lucky fragrance. A definite fit for hot summer weather!!

A co-worker just told me she could smell me standing close to me, so definitely small to medium sillage. She said it smelled spicy to her, but all I smell is citrusy floral. But, she definitely loved the scent on me. Weird that I can't smell the spices but someone else can.

Glad I purchased this one!! A definite do over for my collection.

midsummer
midsummer

Alright, as "perfumey" perfumes go, I can tolerate this one okay. The citrus and spice give it a more masculine edge, even though the only real image that comes to mind when I smell this one is "sexy ladies' perfume." I like scents to tell as story, and the story of this scent is: Aldehydes for a few minutes, followed by some nice smelling, vaguely musty spicy stuff. Too fussy for me, but if you're a fan of Dior, but think their other scents are girly, give this one a try.

Aroussa
Aroussa

I usually have to be able to wear a scent for an entire day to understand if I love it and can live in it. The answer - no. For me, it's too sharp and spicy to wear for more than a couple of hours. My nose actually got irritated and tired. And, the spices got to me so bad I developed red itchy patches on my skin where I sprayed this scent - this has never happened to me before! The irritation went away the day after I stopped spraying myself with this. Conclusion: the spices in there must be real, even if you can't detect specific ones, and it's a polarizing scent - buy it only if you love-love-love spices!

delphine67
delphine67

I bought this one today. Love it. such a fresh yet spicy scent. I definatly can smell the cinnamon and nutmeg soft hint on the ginger. In the background the citrusses. Lovely summer scent if you want anything fresh and not overdone

Update I have worn it several times now. And the staying power is not what I expected for such a expensive scent. So a big dissapointment that I can hardly smell anything after a while. I wouldnt call it a edt but more a colonge

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Can be sprayed on generously after bath, clean smell, maybe a bit soapy- but definitely ok going out in the summer day. Not much staying power, but leaves sweet scent in clothes. Kind.

cucurs
cucurs

Tested this fragrance yesterday. At first sniff - OMG there IT is!!! But.. after 2 min every of good notes are gone. And left only soapy NOTHING.

vertigo
vertigo

Escale aux Marquises was my love at first SIGHT - I fell for it when I saw the notes listed.

Finally today I got a chance to try it.

First notes & first thought: "oh, MY!!! Gorgeous. I'm in heaven".
I love citruses and citruses here are CELESTIAL.
But then my enthusiasm faded.
I couldn't smell ANY spices. I counted for them! Pepper, nutmeg and cardamon, my three favourites.
The creamy, very sweet tiare showed and ...
I thought that at this stage the new Dior creation bears a strong resemblance to the new creation of Thierry Mugler!
Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil.
These fragrances are twins to my nose and skin.
I prefer the latter - beacuse at least it doesn't cheat on me. Three notes listed, three I smell.

Escale aux Marquises promised a lot, and then let me down.
A pity ... I believe for those with right chemistry, it could be MIRACULOUS.
Lasts very long.

jonr951
jonr951

I tried it at Nordstrom yesterday. I really liked it. Its definitely my favorite from the cruise collection. I want a bottle. The price is right so I may have to give in to it. : )

Trvevil
Trvevil

On me it's pretty much of Elemi resin, lemon in beginning. It's different from other Cruise Collection fragrances. Then it gets more subtle and more woody and spicy. Lemon-pine Elemi note becomes subtle as well but goes through all composition.

imgcas
imgcas

It smells great at first. It's something like sweet mandarines with pepper, cinnamon and ginger. It's the less fresh in the Escales collection, but the smell is lovely; perfect for spring and summer.

Then it gets woodier and honeyed. The only problem is the poor staying power.

teetee
teetee

I love this one! I think it s the best one from the collection - not only lemonade, but wonderful summer diorish scent... perfect match with white dress and white wine on the terrace:) give it a chance:)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I have a vial of this already, its amazing and very long lasting! The best one in the collection!!!! This flower mixed with orange is lovely!!!!

Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises by Dior 3.90 out of 5 based on 251 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cruise Collection Escale Aux Marquises by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.