Designers » D E » Citrus « Groups

Cruise Collection Escale a Parati Dior for women and men

Cruise Collection Escale a Parati Dior for women and men
dislike

The new addition, fourth in a row, of the Cruise Collection by Dior is Escale a Parati. Parati (or Paraty) is historical and touristic town in Brazil, situated on the Green Coast (Costa Verde) near Rio de Janeiro.

Francois Demachy, the Dior in-house perfumer, found the inspiration for this fragrance in vivid and pastel colors of the landscape, laughter, wind, music, samba and sea. The fragrance captures Brazilian exotics with citrus and woody notes of bitter orange, lemon, petit grain, rosewood, mint, cinnamon, red berries and tonka bean.

Available as 75 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette. Cruise Collection Escale a Parati was launched in 2012.

Petitgrain Lemon Bitter Orange

Palisander Rosewood Cinnamon Mint Red Berries

Tonka Bean Woodsy Notes

Madera de Naranjo

Cruise Collection Escale a Parati Fragrance Reviews

ginger68
ginger68

Clean! Fresh! I don't know why but I smell a very light sea breeze. It is the perfect scent I was looking for, just because emotionally nowadays I need something light, uplifting, positive, clean and sunny, very far from darkness and sadness. I tried light and fruity fragrances but this is the one for me now. It's very far from feminine, sensual, warm fragrances but if you want something easy to wear, perfect for daily use and elegant.. well try Escale a Parati. Maybe it is not a masterpiece but this fragrance is very well done IMHO.

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

I love this perfume. My signature for summer, perfect for anytime, anywhere. The chemistry works perfectly with my skin and I go from subtle citrusy fresh and invigorating to a comforting powdery base note that lasts hours.
I have no idea whether this smells of Brazil or not, and to be honest I do not care. I bought it after spraying my hand with the sample each time I visited John Lewis in London, and each time i ended up with this feel good factor I have rarely felt with a perfume.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

"Yeah, it does open like a classic male cologne" - that was my first thought when I sprayed that for the first time, but I totally changed my opinion after second shot. Beautiful heavy bitter petitgrain leaves accompanied by warm spicy cinammon and a small drop of pepper. These top notes have blown me away, as I rarely see such interesting compositions. Sadly (to me) cinammon disappears very quickly (that will satisfy those who don't like this ingredient) and fresh mint leaves + lemon take it all, switching bitterness into summerly fresh scent. It blasts with freshness and cools down the skin literally. It's what we have for a while and I'm pleased with the smell. And now the final irony....only 2 hours have passed and I was left with typical boring drydown of a male's after shave cologne...I wanna cry, where are my napkins?!

daisee
daisee

It's funny that most people say it opens with citrus, well not for me. When I first spray Parati I get a masculine cologne smell; it smells like something my dad wears which knowing him is probably classic edc. It opens up into a sparkling aromatic citrus that I find quite addicting.

Oddly, even though it's a citrus I think I like it better in the winter, but maybe I'm just weird that way. In the winter the classic cologne scent lingers for quite a while, but in warmer weather I'm finding the citrus comes out quite quickly and the Parati is over too soon ;p

Forgot to add that I chose this over Portofino. To me, Portofino is kind of safe with it's (strong) citrus almond while Parati more unique IMO. I do think you could get a classic edc that smells similar to Parati, but the way the citrus opens up is where the magic is.

delphine67
delphine67

Escale a Parati is inspired by Brasil, and I can see why, coz it reminds me of a pina colada in the opening notes. I should say there is coconut and pineapple in its notes, but it isnt. The opening is very fresh and citrusy, like a good cologne would smell like, but when it dries down, it gets a minty note in it almost like a mojito. The scent stays fresh, but there is the redberrie and cinnamon that makes the scent slightly warmer, but still so suitable for warm weather. This is my favorite of the Escales, and I think I will wear it a lot in hot summer days.

diego.cubillo
diego.cubillo

got a sample of this with my Aqua Fahrenheit bottle, from the looks of the card and the bottle I tough it was strictly feminine, but after spraying it on my skin the first thing that came to my mind was Habit Rouge, really kind of "dated" feel to my nose, but good indeed, has that citrusy powdery feel I get from Habit Rouge

Very elegant and strict lemony cologne. It would suit perfectly for a businesswoman. It's gorgeously cold and fresh! I love it!!! It's the best of Cruise Collection for sure.

thisab
thisab

I can just feel the Petit Grain. It's overwhelming and weird. I can't see me using this.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hmm...
This is the most 'cologney' scent from this line. Less original,it reminds me of good classic colognes. It is a true unisex and I would rather give it to my bf, so he smells yummy. I bet this should smell better on him than me. It's great, but there are cheaper alternatives. It doesn't have much lasting power either. Top, heart are citrusy and I didn't feel anything else much just lemons and oranges, it's moderately bitter and has a base of woody bergamot.

EnPassant
EnPassant

People... I don´t like this. Not a bit. Really!!!

I live in Brazil and went to Paraty a couple of times and I can tell you that there´s nothing in this Escale that reminds me from there. Paraty is a beautiful city with beatiful beaches... Without a trace of this weak classic french citrus fragrance (in the worst and cheapest way that this could be).

Dior, please stop with these "ESCALES" you´re only doing despicable things! And more respect for my country please! LOL

And guys, if you really want something fresh wonderful and sometimes green... Go for The Jardin Collection from Hèrmes! Too much better...

Rose Hip

CAn't get it anywhere. Can anyone sell a 75 bottle?

Migalex
Migalex

After escale aux Marquises this is the one I like best of the cruise collection. This one is different from the others in that the cinnamon, which I love, gives it a depth the other ones, overly citric, do not have. After the first five minutes, though, pertit grain takes center stage and I do not like it nearly as much as in the opening. Staying power is very poor. I find the idea of a cruise and escale at beautiful places extremely appealing. Really a nice idea for a perfume.

movs
movs

Escale a Parati is a dry green scent with woody undertones.
It starts out as a zesty citrus (lime more than lemon) and it’s just a little sugary, maybe because of the berries. Like a glass of fresh cold lemonade on a hot summer day. The petit grain smells like freshly cut grass. In fact this fragrance screams summer.
The woody notes are almost earthy and somehow dry, IMO they make this cologne different from the usual citrus scents.
This green scent becomes a bit soapy in the dry down so like the other fragrances in Dior’s cruise collection it will make you feel clean and refreshed when the weather is hot.

Escale a Parati is described as a unisex scent and it is the most masculine perfume from this range but it’s absolutely for women too.
I don’t find Parati as long lasting as f.ex. Portofino or Pondichery. It’s more like a cologne than an eau de toilette but personally I enjoy refreshing during the day.

Escale a Parati is good news for those looking for an elegant, classic, cologne-like scent with a twist.

In 3 words: GREEN – DRY - FRESH

LaPetite
LaPetite

This REALLY does smell like a classical eau de Cologne, with a little extra "je-ne-sais-quoi" , don't know, maybe this is just in my head, because it is Dior that i find a classy touch in that .
Definitely a unisex .
I think it might please the older audience , because old persons usually love eau de Cologne ( well in my country they do , all old people have eau de cologne in their bathroom closet) BUT you don't need to be old to enjoy it ! I'm (not that :-P) old and i love love it !
It's a green , fresh , sharp classical beauty.

Rose Hip

I have spent wonderful holidays in PAraty! I will never forget the smell of Brazil and Paraty. I need to test this smell but something tells me I am soo going to love it :)

Camila_1712
Camila_1712

OMG! A Dior fragrance inspired in Brazil, my beautiful country!!LOVE IT!

Cruise Collection Escale a Parati by Dior 3.72 out of 5 based on 99 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Cruise Collection Escale a Parati fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Cruise Collection Escale a Parati, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cruise Collection Escale a Parati by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cruise Collection Escale a Parati by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.