Designers » D E » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women
dislike

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women Pictures Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women Pictures Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women Pictures Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Dior for women Pictures

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino by Dior is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top notes are bergamot, petitgrain and lemon; middle notes are almond, orange blossom and juniper berries; base notes are cedar, cypress, galbanum, caraway and musk.

Bergamot Petitgrain Lemon

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino Fragrance Reviews

amine.bz6
amine.bz6

I am a man i m using this one in summer it works perfectly for men i love the odor it´s perfect for summer evenings my favorite summer perfume

This is not a light, "summery" citrus scent, at least not with my skin chemistry. Instead, it is rather deep and dark, actually. Yes, there's some citrus, but the bergamot seems to dominate. I don't get strong wood, galbanum, or juniper berry, and the musk is mild. On the other hand, the caraway is obvious and quite heavy/earthy (not minty). I can't remember any other scent like this one, in terms of composition. Longevity is quite good and you can control projection by spraying more or less. It's natural smelling and rather interesting, though it's not that rich, which is not surprising (it's not supposed to be an oriental or gourmand), though I would have liked it if the dynamism was a bit better. Instead, it has a kind of sizzling quality, which some might like while others dislike it. What's funny is that it quickly moves into an "old school" masculine type of base! Note that there is very little sweetness in this one. The comparisons to traditional cologne type concoctions doesn't make much sense to me (no oakmoss here, it seems, but plenty of caraway and a bit of galbanum), nor do the complaints about poor longevity. So, it would seem that at least a few people are having olfactory fatigue and fixating on the top notes.

UPDATE: Several hours after application and the wood and/or musk aroma chemicals are fairly obvious, though not irritating.

kit1982
kit1982

This is one of the most complimented citrus I own. Almost all of my office mates love it.

Very well balanced citrus that evokes luxury and style. I used this cologne the entire summer, and I always get a perk of freshness.

These cologne I own that manages to create both moods of freshness and cleanliness;
(1) Caldey, Island - Lavender
(2) Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
(3) Dior - Escale a Portofino
(4) Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Girl
(5) Lalique - Encre Noir

This three a nice to wear especially duirng humid days

EastCoastRose
EastCoastRose

This is a lovely light and fresh fragrance. I was searching for something close to Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and it doesn't quite meet the intensity of Tom Ford's Neroli (which is one of my favorite citruses). I find the other Dior fragrances to be very heavy and this one is very different, refreshing, certainly something good for a cruise. I do think it is feminine.
I actually have a bottle that I'd love to trade. I find that while it is very nice, I just don't use it.

Good heavens! This is bergamot overdose!
And I am afraid I can tolerate bergamot only in very limited doses, being well blended with other ingredients, and not dominant.
Don't get me wrong. I like this scent, find it nice citrus aromatic, but I think I couldn't wear it. Too tiring. Too heavy. Not for me.
However, if someone likes energetic citrus, can give it a try. Scent is pleasant, after all.

Daao
Daao

I love it so much, yet it's such a disappointment...
I just love the smell, I feel I'll never grow tired of it. And never will, because it holds barely 30 minutes on my skin or clothes.
When I smelled it in a shop I was so sure it was The One I immediately bought a bottle (almost €100 !!). What a disappointment to find out I'd have to spray myself every hour if I wanted the least bit of sillage...
So I guess my quest for my Prince Charming of Perfumes is still not over. Pity. (especially after such an expensive buy)

joan100
joan100

If you love citrus notes and Italy you will sure love this fragrance!

boncuk

I love this fragrance. It's like the light version of Neroli Portofino/Tom Ford.

bevren
bevren

Yes it is like 4711, but after about 30 minutes it reminded me of Eau d'Orlane - and I've sadly had to compare this with Toilet Duck. However - on a work colleague the juniper was strong and it smelled quite wonderful. Not on me though....

valerie.aardahl
valerie.aardahl

Elegant, luxurious, beautiful. It is fresh and chilly. It is not romantic enough for a date. Therefore, it can fit for the office, for business lunch. For those days when spring and summer days are coming, and you want to emphasize it, it is the fragrance for you

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

oh my goodness, this is an explosion of fake smelling lemon scented molecules. No real citrus ever smelt like this. I dislike this almost as much as Lancome O, which I truly despise.

This reminds me not of Italy, but of a lemony dishwashing liquid or air freshening spray. There are so many authentic beautiful Italian citrus scents I cannot imagine why someone would choose this synthetic smelling mess. If you want citrus try Acqua di Colonia with real Sicilian citrus or Eau d'Italie Le Bateau de Capri, again an authentic Italian citrus scent.

This is not my favorite Escale, just too citrusy for my taste, but I bought one for my mom and she loved it, but she loves O de Lancôme also, it is mind you an elegant citrus, layered in floral notes, just that lemon isn't isnt working best for me!?

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

a tiny hotel with a vertical lemon grove overlooking the bay of naples.....true luxury

maeculpa
maeculpa

It is VERY citrussy. I've started layering fragrances I don't normally use and this is lovely with Cuir de Lancome - lifts up the leather and tones down the citrus edge.

Bad idea to buy perfume at airports unless you are buying something you already know and love. You are just trapped there for so long that the will I / won't I impulse takes over and you have enough time to decide that you like it enough to go and buy it. I pity the fool who sits next to me on airplanes as I usually smell like a headshop..

I decided it was classy and chic and that I need a lemon scent. But I must admit, somewhere in the back of my mind the demure chick in the floppy white hat has a second face that screams lemon scented toilet cleaner. It's not the fault of the high class lemons, it is just that that is what strong lemon evokes to me.

melange
melange

To me, it smells of soap - Nesti Dante "Capri" variety, to be precise. Very fresh, very intensive, quite long lasting - all in all, a very pleasant fragrance, but I don't see myself spending my money on what is to me, almost literally, bottled geranium. (Alright, I do realise it is technically bergamot, but where I live, geranium is a part of life. Bergamot is a part of Earl Grey.)

Edit/ Update: It definitely grows on me! I've recently been sick, and found myself using this after shower to feel fresh and better about myself. Got me out of bed in an instant:) As a lasting cologne scent, if that's your thing - priceless. Must be perfect for traveling! I'm definitely trying out other fragrances from the series, and consider buying this one.

MUST8936
MUST8936

A kind of description to luxury...

grasslands
grasslands

I bought two 75ml bottles of Escale a Portofino for $30 each at My Chemist. When I tested it the male teenager serving me was horrified by the sharp citrus opening and directed me to Gucci Flora, which he had just given his girlfriend. I laughed and told him to give me two bottles of the Portofino. He looked even more horrified –‘are you serious?’ I finally eased his fears by asking for a bottle of Gucci Gucci as well. Still, he was shaking his head all the way to the cash register.

This is a lovely and refreshing eau de cologne type scent – very similar to 4711 but more rounded, sweet and woody. Instead of lasting 15 minutes like 4711, I get all of two hours from it. How sad. But I solved the problem of longevity when I realised it was fabulous, sprayed liberally, after a cold shower on a hot night before going to bed. I feel so cool and fresh in a cloud of bergamot and sweet orange blossom; it’s practically better than air-con. I drift off to sleep before the scent disappears - it’s my favourite eau for this purpose.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Very citrusy from beginning and all through drydown. A hint of orange blossom and perhaps cedar. It's fresh, young and modern - not what I expect from the usual elegant, sophisticated and classic scents from Dior. The bottle, however, is so classy like Dior Miss Dior (the originale, extrait, or whatever they call it now). There are similar scents that doesn't cost as much if you like citrusy fresh scents.

On me,
Sillage: not more than arm's length
Longevity: two hours
Rating: 2 (1 for the scent but upped to 2 for the gorgeous collectible bottle)

vw
vw

Free and open!
Happy and Fresh!
Uniqe and exclusive!
Perfect for warm days.
You will be immersed in cool lemonade!

It is incomparable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I llllllllllllove it!

Guys should give this a try because I get this soft but very obvious cedar note here along with some light floral and sharp citrusy accord. The drydown is better too. It smells all farmiliar to me but it definitely has a higher quality smell to it. Very similar to 4711 as many people have voted, and also similar to Purple Water by Asprey which I have. Plus, the bottle is so collectible!

jenise
jenise

I wanted this frag for months, it smelled divine at the store and I frequently went in to sample it on my skin. My lovely husband bought it for me for Mother's day and when I opened the package I thought it looked a bit darker yellow than the sample at the counter. But what a disappointment when I used it! It smelled exactly like Lemon Pledge! I have to layer another perfume with it to tone it down. I don't have any idea why my bottle was different from the counter sample, but it was a very expensive mistake! No returns. I purchased it in India.

ketchup38
ketchup38

Moderate lasting elegance in a bottle.. I feel timeless with this. Best for the evenings on dark winter nights..

michau
michau

Similar to 4711, but ingredients are of much higher quality - which is crucial in the genre of cologne style. Has a very nice almondy and rosemary/juniper facet, making Escale a Portofino stand out the line of ther eau de cologne offerings.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is pleasant enough but not something I would buy. Now that it’s summer it’s sitting perfectly on my skin. This would be a lovely one for just spritzing to actually feel cool. Like a refresher spray as opposed to an actual “perfume”.

Citrussy, defiantly aromatic, very weak lasting power but I’m not sure it was meant to be a powerhouse fragrance anyway. I really cannot pick out individual things with this one. So my review isn’t as detailed as I would like it to be but hey..

gosuico
gosuico

I love citrusy scents and I liked the scent of it the bottle but sprayed on...
First smelled like lemon furniture polish. After half an hour calmed down to lemon dishwashing detergent.
I believe that it smells wonderful on some people but it was a total disaster on me.

Mignonette6
Mignonette6

This has been my go-to fragrance for the summer. Light and fresh with lots of citrus and orange blossom. This is the type of fragrance I imagine should be kept in the powder room for everyone (men and women) to spritz on hot days and freshen up, rather than the one that is for you and you alone. Sadly, the staying power is nil on me. It's imperceptible to me in 15 minutes. But it is a lovely scent and easy to wear on hot days.

sarage

This is my second review of Portofino.
When I tested the first time, it was in a perfume shop. It was so awful, truly, that I later thought the tester bottle must have been kept open for too long, producing the notorious "grandmother's old perfume"-smell.

So, I found this bottle on my aunt's shelf and re-tested it. (My aunt has a collection of fine perfumes.) It was much, much better than the tester in the shop. Actually I like the freshness of lemon and orange blossom in it a lot.
This is great in a hot climate. Reminds me of Yves Rocher Agrumes en Fleur, which I am wearing at the moment. :)

mariacristinavalentini
mariacristinavalentini

This perfume it's like a little bit of Italy and Mediterranean sea inside a bottle.... it reminds me the real Italian summer, it's fantastic!!!!!

Stargazing
Stargazing

Absolutely gorgeous, a fresh blast of citrus elegance with an intriguing woody/herbal backbone. Beautifully constructed.

mayita23231
mayita23231

Very refreshing, femenine, traditional and chic. Perfect for the summer

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

It's beautiful, summery, lovely for holidays.

Dryne
Dryne

I love this SPLASH of the summer and the sensual freshness for... 2 hours.
Bad... the problem it's he dasn't stay at the peel. But i love it!

Mmmm, this is so damn good! Think of uplifting finest Eau de Cologne with sillage! It's citrusy, fresh, aromatic and slightlt herbal in a very refined way, great for feeling fresh yet elegant in hot summer! Unlike many citrusy scents it never morphs to rancid on my skin. It stays well all the time and it's longlasting!

Lolita7
Lolita7

Esta fragancia me trae buenos recuerdos es muy especial. Elegante, refinado y muy agradable.
Lo recomiendo para el verano.

Es una pena pero en mi piel no dura mucho tiempo.

****

This fragrance brings me good memories is very special. Elegant, refined and very pleasant.
I recommend it for summer use.

It's a shame but in my skin does not last long.

sarage

Sharp, bitter, like raw fruit. Fresh, yes, but not refreshing.
I had to wash my wrist well after trying this. It just isn't for me.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Love love it ...
The best of the Cruise series imo !
Citrusy indeed, i'm surpised bergamot is the one and only citrus here , so i guess it's freshness comes also from other notes .
Despite it's freshness and the citrus note , It's not sharp at all , it smells clean , but not like dishsoap or whatsoever . The musk is not very present (which is good because my skin doesn't like it).
One of the best summer fragrnace EVER imo ! Really not a hype scent , but it's a good thing because i'm tired of those pink pepper / patchouli/bergamot combo which has been omnipresent in recent frags ! Like some other reviewers , i think it can fit to men too !

pansylady
pansylady

Redolent with orange blossoms, Portofino is probably the most cheerful, energizing fragrances on the planet! I love spraying it on a scarf in the dead of winter-

Oddly, it makes me think of St. Joseph's orange flavored aspirin for children- but that's not a bad thing-

monimasch
monimasch

What I really like about this scent is the fact that it is so incredibly light and fresh. I like wearing it, especially in the summer. Still, I have the feeling that it is somehow a little too ordinary and not so special. To me it is more like a perfume for every day.

nilizio
nilizio

Eau de Portofino is exceptionally refreshing. Its fragrance lift my spirits during dark days, encourages me and gives me energy. Freshness of Eau de Portofino really extreme. I do not use this specific perfume daily frequency. Still, these days, I noticed that I have used a bottle of 125 ml. Of course I'll buy a new soon ..

K1
K1

One of the best fresh summery feminine works that plays unisex.
Bitter orange leaves, bitter and oily, obviously approve the opening is staring of a phenomenon. That sharp sour chilly theme drives me insane. Typically I'm excited whenever I smell this type of fresh odors, Acqua di PArma line for instance.
This illustrates my Mediterranean vacations, hot seaside weather, broad-leaved threes shadows and cozy local hotels. A purifier, an olfactory pleasure.

Pinni
Pinni

I just smelled it quickly from the bottle and it was whoppiedoo sour! Very strong sharp citrus that's somewhat bitter. It wasn't straightforward bad but too sharp for me. I can also imagine that it can be difficult with the skin chemistry as it might turn into detergent on some people.
I didn't keep a sample so I don't know how it develops or how the base comes up.

Definitely a summer scent for daytime use! Very energizing and fresh scent for lemon lovers! Instead if you're looking for something gentle stay away from this one as the best word to describe this one is, SHARP.

Edit: Lately I've noticed that after smelling many sweet, powdery, gourmand and complex scents I start to gravitate towards strong fresh citruses like this. (Even orange juice!) They seem to freshen my senses and help with the nauseous feeling I get after smelling and trying out too many perfumes within one day.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

The first notes are a mix of sandlewood with a definite splash of italian lemons. It's definitely a fresh and lemony fragrance at first but it calms down to a lightly lemon scent (think lemon gelato) and the "boisé" side of it comes out more. At the end of it all, I find this fragrance to be more of a day time, pick me up type of scent for the elegant italian woman inside of us all. Did anyone smell ginger in there?

Henriette
Henriette

It would be like many other fresh colognes if it weren't for the lasting power which is very good. I love its being not too green, not too woody, not too citrusy. I think you can describe this scent better by saying what it's NOT than what it's about. Nothing exceptional but wearable and in my opinion the best among the Escale series.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I hate spray samples that don’t work. This carded sample didn’t spray at all, it just dribbled, and barely did that. I got more on my fingers than anywhere else. Please, manufacturers, don’t use these cheap, malfunctioning sprayers! What’s wrong with a pop-top dabber vial? Rant over.

The scent itself is a light, bitter, citrusy, woody cologne. The bitter seems to be galbanum and caraway, which is a wonderful combination. The citrus is the standard bergamot and petitgrain, and the wood is something teak-like, but not in an obnoxious way. A tiny dab produces mega-sillage without any real sweetness or florals.

The cologne phase lasts for about 3-4 hours, after which it dries down to a synthetic woody base that is there for the long haul, over 12 hours, and it stays there even after showering. I’m not really into colognes, but I like this one. I just wish I could use the rest of my sample without having to break the plastic sprayer to extract it.

roam
roam

I loved the wood notes and spicy but clean smell I got from the bottle. Unfortunately, it turned straight into orange flower as soon as it hit my skin. And it stayed that way until I got frustrated and washed it off. I expected much more of this.

derkargy
derkargy

It smells exactly like a fresh cologne but lasts longer.

sofababe
sofababe

Strong bitter citrus in the start gives way to a soft green drydown but.....sillage = 0, longevity = 0.

agi
agi

I love this perfume,its is wery fresh citrus and kind of sugar smell i feel too.Its is wery nice,i like but when its finish i will not buy other bottle.

merlin
merlin

I wanted to love this... I really enjoy citrusy fragrances...but this one is TOO MUCH. It smells like lemon dish washer. yuck

Vamy69
Vamy69

Love this!!!!!! Bright and fresh. Perfect for Summer!

Sassy1
Sassy1

After my AAPamplelune let down I picked myself up and continued my quest for a summer citrus scent.
I'm delving into the Eau de Colognes and this one caught my eye.

Tried it on tester and skin today. On tester, clear bright citrus bordering on almost too much, with an edgy sharpness. Then there seems to be the addition of crisp linen to the equation and this combo goes on and on forever.

On skin, it is similar in scent but much more subdued as it melts in and seems to become part or you. There's a fresh aura that envelopes you but doesn't seem to overpower (if used in moderation that is) It's actually pretty potent for an EDT.

I think it probably could have used just a touch of vanilla in the drydown and it would be perfection. Many women may find it too sharp and masculine but I like it very much.

Definately made for 100 degree weather!

smellsogood
smellsogood

A wonderful clear, green citrus, that mellows into mediteranean florals. Very uplifting and classy. Lovely for summer, but I also like to wear this in January for my post Christmas detox!

Mandana
Mandana

This perfume is extraordinary: just when you think it smells like any other light citrus summer fragrance, the fragrance starts to "settle"; the cold bright citrus notes that first hit you like shower needles suddenly mellow into something extremely classy, cool, sparkly-bright and bitter-sweet. The sillage is beautiful: like a pale yellow cloud smelling of lime and grapefruit juice mixed with the scent of a fabulous and expensive white bar of soap is wafting by Although it is only EDT it stays on for ages. Think of sipping wine at a harbour restaurant in the South of France or Italy; it is late evening, the sun is setting, the waiter has just taken your order (fish), the table is set with a crisp white linen cloth and gleaming silver cutlery. A white candle is burning and you and your man raise your wine glasses, making plans for the following day. You feel relaxed and happy, and so glad you wore your Escale à Portofino perfume! Simply because this wonderful light fragrance suits the wonderfully relaxed occasion! This is a edgy, modern European Summer fragrance. Will definitely wear it, it is great!

ashenlady
ashenlady

Classy, effortless, open-airy brightness.

THIS is what I wished when I bought Pure White Linen.

The opening is a burst of energetic green citrus, very ò-de-lancome, and later the fragrance morphs into an embracing crystalline freshness, without a hint of sharpness. Beautiful almond.

It's a hot day, you're strolling around, in a summery mediterranean pinewood, smelling the slightly aromatic atmosphere, and then you put your feet in a cold stream, relaxing, smiling.

lolalolita
lolalolita

I really love this smell in summer time or hot weather. Because make me fresh and clean and give energy and fresh power green around me.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Incredibly bracing the moment you spray. Some sharp, bitter green citrus notes which are very close to a strong lemongrass scent. I imagine it's the greenness of the galbanum and juniper and dryness of petitgrain that give off this intense accord when combined with bergamot. Intensely refreshing none-the-less.

When Escale a Portofino starts to settle it does become softer with only hints of sweetness that smooth the edges, however, not a lot which would also make this fragrance suitable for a man too.

Some evergreen notes are revealed in the base as the lighter aromatics diffuse. The subtle sweetness keeps them fresh rather than appear too resinous and heavy--rather like sniffing a fresh wound in the trunk of a live tree.

Green, herbal and energetic is what the overall effect is to me. A well blended summer 'wake up' perfume.

angelyna
angelyna

I really wanted this perfume for quite a while before finally buying it.

I remember when I first tested it, I didn't pay much attention to this fragrance (I'm not a huge fan of Dior perfumes). Luckily, I did sampled it on my skin, rather then on paper, as I usually do. So, I got home, took a shower and started reading. After a while, I realized an alluring, sexy scent was all around me. It took me some time to remember which perfume was on that specific patch of skin ( I sampled quite a few that day :D ).

First burst is very citrussy. If you can survive it for a while (a maximum of 15 minutes), you're in for a surprise: very feminine and perfumed flowers. I do get the scent of honeysuckle, rather then orange blossom. And this note lasts, and lasts, and is quite amazing. Now, for the base notes, woody, somewhat powdery, but nothing out of the ordinary, thou I have to say, it's the appropriate ending for such a fabulous fragrance.

As for the time and place to wear this, well, it's true, I goes well with a warm temperature, but now, in my country, it's freezing cold, and I have to say it also goes well with this weather (I sprayed a few drops on my synthetic fur coat, and whenever I go out this scent surrounds me and keeps me warm and shiny).

Uplifting, fresh, so feminine!

rednut
rednut

This is very similar to 4711 but about 6 times the price. It is very nice and the longevity is good by comparison. Its a very fresh scent, citrus and wood and I would say it wouldn't smell out of place on a man as well as women. Its not really my style but I will say that it is arguably the best of its kind,

movs
movs

This fragrance evokes happy memories of a summer holiday by the Mediterranean Sea.
A blend of fresh citrus and orange flowers with a bit of aromatic woodsy notes. The citrus is very natural and not too sharp or sour, just fresh and sparkling. I don't really smell the almonds themselves, they are rather present as some kind of layer that softens the citrusses and makes this fragrance just a little bit powdery. When the perfume has settled it becomes more floral and reminds me of rose hip flowers.

This is the kind of fragrance I could imagine myself wearing, strolling around in the streets of Capri or relaxing on a small boat cruise along the Promontory of Portofino.

I would describe this fragrance as an extremely feminine and elegant light citrus. Perfect as a summer scent on a day where you want to be relaxed and feminine at the same time. This perfume really matches the beautiful bottle and the photographs from the advertising.
Somehow this fragrance makes me smile.

In 3 words: ELEGANT - CITRUSSY - FEMININE

zvoncica
zvoncica

Opening notes of Portofino are not entirely pleasant. Citrus peelings, cold and resembling to cleaning liquid. Like temporary blindness caused by sun eclipse.

I do hope you return to smell your skin few moments after. There are million shades of yellow and green, more than you could imagine. Pure brightness of citrus and woods. To me Portofino evokes bell ring. Thick crystal melody on seaside cathedral. Kind of a frequency that makes bird fly and accidental passenger to stop and enjoy.

Portofino is similar (very) to Cristalle eau Vert. The first lasts longer and better radiates from skin. I personally love it and rate as second best in Escale group.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I think this really encapsulates the scents of a mediterranean summer, a tinkling glass with slices of lemon from the tree overhanging your head, a pine breeze from the coast. Absolutely lovely, jolly scent for summer holidays and white linens.

sweetlola
sweetlola

I love this smell very much make me fresh and happy always look like walk in fresh garden woods smell orange fresh.I never find fresh smell like this.

Persephone
Persephone

A perfect blend of citrus and orange blossom with a dominating warm almond note. Modern with a classic touch, definitely more than just a summer cologne. To my taste - the best from Escale line.

nancinha
nancinha

I do not like this one at ALL. Way too strong, almost suffocating... at least to me.

MDWake8
MDWake8

Diet Acqua di Parma, though lighter and not as spectacular.

scent_lover
scent_lover

A very fresh, yet sophisticated scent! It makes me think of summer in Italy or in Greece! to me a sophisticated mixture of citruses. Definitely for summer!

Corto Maltese
Corto Maltese

This is a wonderful fresh scent that opens with delicate citrus notes. Some may think that there are many other such perfumes on the market, but this one is more special. It is as clean as White Linen, but warmer (it lacks the aldehide touch) and more emotional, although still elegant and subdued. It is made for a lady with high esteem and respect for traditional values, but not with a heart of stone. Overall, it smells very elegant and rather expensive, but not too classy, just right for summer holidays.

vuelo
vuelo

I think this is rather gourmand- it smells like lemon cake with almonds and some bitter syrup on top. Definetly gourmand. It if fresh and very very long lasting, but I doubt I want to smell like lemon cake. It's ok, overall. If you want an "edible lemon" perfume, try this, it's good stuff.

Migotka
Migotka

I found Portofino quite exquisite as a fragrance in general, as most Dior's creations. I remember when I started learning French, my book was full of painting reproductions of Renoir's Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette, or Monet's Haystack series. I think this fragrance spiritually belongs to this time period. Women in corsets, elegant hats, the charm of the Industrial Revolution mixed with the urge to escape to the countryside. If I were to choose a fragrance for a country scape weekend in Provence, that would definitely be it. It is far from being a boring citrus, I like the sort of herbal-forest touch it has to it.

Maki
Maki

Must be my chemistry but I don't like it on my skin...the dry-down give's me a migraine...Tested it on my bare skin so it couldn't have been the mixture with other scents...

Citrus and I are no friends, I also avoid it in cleaningproducts so maybe I was wrong even to try it in the first place (I had read about the citrus in it)

lopezannie
lopezannie

My after shower fragrance! Great for day wear and casual activities. It will make you feel fresh and invigorated. Very citric.

boncuk

i love it but i wished it would be a little bit more long lasting..

xxHarlequinn
xxHarlequinn

I find this fragrance to be very nostalgic.
It reminds me of the Jhonson's Baby Cologne "Heaven" and it indeed is very "heavenly."
There's something fresher and more mature about this fragrance.
It's definitely not baby cologne.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Lovely summer orange fragrance that actually not only smells of orange, particularly in the opening, but also lasts and has interesting development. Unlike many "summer" fragrances, this one has a bitterness in the dry-down that makes it interesting, yet it retains sufficient sweetness to make it warm.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

What to say about you ESCALE A PORTOFINO de Dior.

This pure jewel of a liquid. Is a in your face bitter cold citrus that spent a few hours in a pine forest, suddenly your skin warms up and you find yourself in a tea field.

Don't expect this to be your friendly barely there feminine citrus. This is for the freshly ironed white shirt,
tan leather pencil skirt with the classic espresso wing tip slingbacks kind of women. Not girly at all.

for me this is the perfect summer scent in a Mediterranean place, where you are with white clothes.... this is really unisex, in a guy this will smell fantastic... so fresh, sofisticaded, this does not smell for any reason similar to Chanel Chance eau fraiche, the chanel smells commom, vulgar, and "easy", when the Dior smells chic, sofisticade and much more expensive than the Chanel.......

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I think it smells like lemon tea,very nice and pleasant for summer

ESCALE A PORTOFINO is a blindingly bright perfume, with a powerful lemon verbena-like opening that shines down like a white sun from a cerulean blue sky. The rays of light reflect off the sand and the sea and illuminate abundant orange blossoms!

This extremely invigorating and aromatic eau de toilette manages still to be feminine, thanks to the neroli. It also has depth that is often missing in special edition summer scents. The fresh and natural-smelling aromatic notes are anchored in wood, galbanum, and musk, so the drydown has some real complexity, and the bright elements do not appear only to evaporate immediately away.

ESCALE A PORTOFINO is the perfect lazy Mediterranean summer scent to wear as you sip cold limonata by the sea. Makes me wish I were in Nice! Or Capri!

rithacha
rithacha

Annick Goutal Neroli meets O de Lancome. If you're like me, you've been through dozens of those "uni-sex dry citrus colognes" - what makes you think you need this one? Well, get to a tester, sweetie. Stat.

Missk is right; this is the quintissential summer cologne. This was the vision in my head for Eau Sauvage, Hermes Concentree d'Orange, AG Eau d'Hadrien, O de Lancome, Cristalle . . . all of them are great citrus colognes, but seriously, none of them match up to Escale a Portofino.

I don't even know where to start describing it. It's a dry astringent citrus-neroli one-two that plows through the room at first spray. Powerful sillage that softens out with softer notes. The citrus goes from dry to Juicy with a green barely-there dusting of sweetness. It stays green, but not abrasively so. It's woody, but not obviously so. Escale a Portofino recalls the harshness of the Green classics (think No.19, Silences, O de Lancome) and represents them with a gentle modern accord. Still a similar ballsy masculine complex, but nobody would accuse you of being ol**dy

True, the sillage dies after a few hours. That's why they sell this in big bottles!! Spray liberally, and often!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

very strange.. and no lasting power whatsoever.. great disappointment from dior

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

I suppose dear Missk member has said it all about such fragrance ,
for me its utterly dissapointing with such conflicting notes & undetermined persona , full of citruses , woods & herbs ,,, i would conclude its for men use only . Apparently this hilarious Cruise collection is not for me .

Dior's Escale a Portofino, is in my opinion the essential Summer fragrance. Citrusy, pleasantly fresh and full of vitality, this fragrance has me thoroughly impressed.

This fragrance is similar in some instances to the classic 4711 Eau de Cologne, however Escale a Portofino is much more feminine and sparkling.

The spicyness is very subtle to my nose, barely there in fact. I get more citruses and woods than spice in Escale a Portofino.

The scent opens with Sicilian lemon, bergamot and petit grain, which makes for a very bright and energetic opening. Thankfully the lemon in this fragrance doesn't turn sour on the skin or remind me of dishwashing liquid.

This fragrance does indeed have a rather masculine quality, which is brought about by the juniper berries, cedarwood and caraway. In my opinion, Escale a Portofino is perfectly unisex.

Its simplicity is very appealing to me, however this fragrance doesn't last to well. About 2-3 hours was all I could manage to get out of Escale a Portofino which was a shame. Apart from the poor lasting power, Escale a Portofino would make a wonderful casual and refreshing scent for the warmer months.

a first class eau de cologne, a really love this very, very luxurious, a must have for the summer time.... unisex stuff....

andrew85
andrew85

perfect summer scent, but this should be called an unisex cologne. i am a man, and i have and wear this.... perfect neroli - almond fragrance... when you use this, you will smell like a mediterranean breeze comming from the sea... luxurios, fresh eau de cologne..

perfumelover95
perfumelover95

This is the perfect perfume to wear in the summer ! Its soo citrussy! I just adore it ! What a great job did dior did on the this perfume! I think that this is one of the best that they have done !

amelie
amelie

Fresh and bitter, somewhat sharp and may be fed to male skin but this is an excellent choice for a woman. Pleasant, cooling and long lasting, mysterious, a bit retro but modern at the same time and perfect for hot summer day!
Everyone who loves Dior will appeal to it.

atenais_only
atenais_only

I find that orange blossom is perfect for summer, but other notes especially musk makes it heavy and too strong for hot days.I would recommend it for the cold rainy summer or night party on the open air.
THough I like it in general and find it modern and casual which is great.

guest_lilly
guest_lilly

Pure chemistry... It´s fresh, but like some cleaner. But the bottle is stylish & very nice

MoietToi
MoietToi

I really like the opening it's very fresh,zesty and sparkly. The opening is abit similar to the one in JPG's MaDame. Just sharper,more alive and slightly more sophisticated. I am not sure if I would want this one allthough but it sure is nice.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

I got this as a present and it was love at first sight.This one is perfect for really hot days when you don´t want to wrap yourself in a heavy scent.
It feels like walking through a lemon tree plantation in Italy.It´s fresh,green,woody and of course fruity.
Also Dior did a great job on the bottle which is so elegant.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

This sends a punch of sharp bitter citrus straight from the get go. I can see why people say it reminds them of dishwashing liquid or Pinesol. To me, this is not a cozy scent. It's more rejuvinating & energizing. Musk and cedar always seem to increase the energizing power of citrus (in this case, bergamot), which I like. It's refreshingly sparkly, cool, crisp, and clean. It dries down to a somewhat softer, SLIGHTLY sweeter citrus with just a bit of crushed flowers mixed in. Weird, but I don't get any spice at all.

Escale a Portofino is a more elegant and refined fresh citrus scent, IMO. Something about it reminds me of Eau de Rochas. The beginning might be too potent for some, so I suggest you try it before you buy it. I can't say that it's a "safe" citrus fragrance. It could even possibly be an acquired taste sort of citrus that I recommend trying first.

Darkangel
Darkangel

I finally got my much desired bottle of this deliciously fresh fragrance. I feel energised and ready for the day with one spritz of Escale. The bottle is simplistic and elegant. LOVE IT!

guest_CC821
guest_CC821

this scent is FAB! very "euro" vibe, citrusy, crisp, lemony, it reminds me of fresh pure water and my childhood. i grew up in the philippines and "baby cologne" is quiet popular for kids & adults, most of which is made in Spain...which smells EXACTLY like the new dior scent.
Not floral at all, and for the people, like me, who dont like floral scents since they tend to wear off smelling like a grandma, this is the perfect scent!
i could see why it can be used by men, because my dad used to wear the spain baby cologne too. but not spicy at all...first sniff would give you strong lemon & bergamot notes.
actually a VERY SIMPLE, ELEGANT, YOUNG, EVERYDAY FRESH SCENT. My new fave! (if you like I love love by moschino, burberry summer, or scents similar to these...then this would be a perfect scent for you!)

Biliana
Biliana

In love with it. I'll keep on buying it.

nadmal
nadmal

the best fragrance by Dior! so fresh!

kewart
kewart

This is a refreshing,classy fragrance for hot,summer days. I love the interplay of the lemon with the almond and the woodsy drydown. The bottle is very chic and the whole product is very desirable in my opinion. I keep mine in the fridge by the way!

BethAshley
BethAshley

Recently I was at a department store looking to purchase something on impulse. I was sniffing away and then came across this very different EDT in a stylish bottle...

Escale a Portofino has a very sharp, slightly bitter, bright scent. The dominant notes for me are most definitely citrus and cedar which gives it a somewhat Pinesol cleaner scent. Unfortunately on me the bitter almond note is unnoticeable.

I noticed that many reviewers say that this could be unisex and I believe that is because it is not overly floral or sweet. However, for me it is too light and airy to be a man's scent. I love that it is not fussy or girly and that it is beautifully simple and chic. I can easily imagine a cool, elegant woman wearing this.

This fragrance is perfect for daily use since it is so light. You literally can not spray on too much of it. It is not sensual enough to ever become my favorite fragrance in my collection but it is such a refreshing break from my other fragrances that I know I will keep coming back to it.

liat
liat

Very sparkling, fresh and clean.
It's light but lasting power is decent.
A great everyday perfume. It DOES seem to remind me of the beach. I mean, one sniff and I can totally imagine myself sitting by the sea, smelling the salt and enjoying the breeze. OOOOOOOOh! I can't wait for THAT!

The bottle is also lovely, has a real old-fashioned feel to it.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

smells like a cheap and old cologne... to citrusy and not lasting at all. to me this is the failure of Dior...

allexa27
allexa27

i really like the sweet almond dry down on me,.It makes me feel calm and cozy.I know that this is a summer fragrance but for me always will be Christmas smell.smell of lemons ,oranges and nuts.it is very very nice perfume

alina terec
alina terec

to me it smells a bit like those old colognes from grandpas. it's very citrusy, all lemon but the top note fades away quick and leaves room to a floral middle- base and a bit of wood. it's ok i guess but i don't know if i like it that much...

fruttella
fruttella

A truly sparkling fragrance, it smells like a lime fresh juice, which I love...Not surprisingly there is no lime in the pyramid but this fragrance makes me dream, laugh and take things positively. For me it stays almost at the same position with Chance Eau Fraiche but does not have the chick and elegancy of the Chanel. I think it will be one of my faves in this summer.

Garfield
Garfield

One of the best and most elegant fragrances by Dior. I'm addicted to it !

Marianne

By the way, why is this called Cruise COLLECTION? Are there going to be fragrances other than Escale a Portofino? Or, maybe, is there already another one?
I would be very curious to test them.

jeca

Yes, the lasting power is very good ;o)

ruby
ruby

I love it very refreshing and dynamic with a luxury touch

flannelman
flannelman

A very nice fresh and summery citrus fragrance. Very elegant, too...

klonk
klonk

I like it too! Normally I prefer 'warmer' scents but this one really captivated me. Fresh (citrus all the way), spicy, unusual and classy! Find it a summer fragrance!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Without extravagance. Simply - summer, easy , characteristic for elegance Dior’s, citrus smell for elegant woman. Traditional and modern.
In reality – very charming fragrance.

jeca

I love this perfume very much, Italian, sharp green citrus :o) Great classic scent, that smells as good as old classic perfumes with citruses I love.

Cappuccino21
Cappuccino21

At the beginning it was intriguing and I didn't know why. Now I know...I must say I agree with Marianne - you don't consider it a women's fragrance because it simply smells almost the same as Dune for men (I know it because my dad uses it). Did Dior make a copy of his previous product? You decide..

Suseken
Suseken

It is great.It is fresh,spicy an i like the woody note in its base.

guest_Dawa
guest_Dawa

I love this scent, and actually, find it very feminine.

My man says it's one of the sexiest perfumes he's smelled on me. So, maybe in a funny way the poster above is right. My man loves it -- me too.

Marianne

I quite like its fresh, spicy scent although I don't consider it a women's fragrance.

Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino by Dior 3.95 out of 5 based on 634 ratings and 114 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.