Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dior Addict Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 2296 I had it: 1417 I want it: 1803 My signature: 143

Dior Addict Dior for women Videos
Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Dior for women Pictures

Oriental fragrance with floral notes. Rich, sensual, encourages you to bold and straightforward actions, it makes you feel free and energetic. Dance! The top notes are mandarin leaves and mulberry flowers; Night Queen Flower, Bulgarian rose and orange flower are in the heart; the base is created with Bourbon vanilla, sandal wood and Tonka bean. The perfume was created by Thierry Wasser in 2002.

Blackberry Mandarin Leaf

Heartbeat

Dior Addict Fragrance Reviews

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

I was at Dillard's and they still had the old 2002 version tester of this so I of course couldn't help myself...
WOW. This is how I remember Addict.
If you think the 2012 EDP is strong...which it is...this blows it away. The tester strip is still smelling up my dresser drawer over a week later. New and old Addict are extremely similar, but the old one is just...that much better. Longer lasting, more powerful, richer, smoother, deeper. The scent is almost the same. 2002 version is a little smokier but in NO WAY is it sharper like I previously thought, in fact it's even smoother! Something in this smells like very expensive suede or leather, a facet that isn't present in the newer Addict reformulation. Smooth, smoooooth luxurious rich fancy boozy smoky leathery powdery vanilla. This is what I wish Shalimar smelled like. One of the sexiest fragrances out there if you can find it, the new version will do just fine in a pinch but THIS...this is IT!

maianh83
maianh83

Oh My Lord ! I have the vintage bottle of 2002 and I just first sprayed it 26 minutes ago and it is DIVINE and very glamorous and very deep and slightly sweet and sophisticated and feminine and calming ( despite its strength ) and cozy . It is different from hundreds of ( candy ) perfumes nowadays. Masterpiece . I long for such deep rich perfume for very long time. And I was super lucky to buy it at 80USD for a 100ml EDP vintage bottle. It is worth 3 times of the price I paid for it. I'm super happy now. I'm addicted to the smell.
It is my true treasure.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

deda147
deda147

One of my best blind buys. I bought a tester bottle, which was filled for about 2/3. I guess the top notes have kind of faded, or at least the openings smells kind of off to me. It opens quite juicy with a clear incense note in the background. The tonkabean creeps in a while later and gives the opening a rich feeling. about 30 min later I can smell the rose quite good, even though I can't make out any of the other floral notes. The vanilla and sandalwood give the fragrance its smoky, deep and luscious character. Sillage is huge and longevity is also great, about 10-12 hours.

RougeRose
RougeRose

I tried this fragrance once and fell in love with it straight away. My friends got me an absolutely amazing Addict Dior red satin gift box with the perfume and its little golden version to carry in the handbag for my birthday. Since then it's been my statement perfume. The fragrance is the original version (the one without the golden ring in the middle, mine is just gold on the top). I haven't smelled the new one and I don't think I will after all the bad reviews.
This aroma is unique! I don't normally wear it during the day and it's expensive so I keep it for a night out, dinners or days I feel empowered.
There has not been a single time I haven't got a compliment when wearing it. Man gets lost when smelling it, hypnotised!
I'm not keen on very strong perfumes at all. I can't stand Angel or Chanel n5....
but this perfume is strong, smart, sexy, mysterious, bold, sophisticated, rich and warm...and it doesn't make me sick at all.
I believe this perfume completes someones personality but its not for everybody.
Long life to the original version!!!

ellina1984

This is my second review. First time off, I hated this. Scrubbed it off and forgot about it. I came across this again yesterday, and tried it again. I think it may have been a pre-reformulation bottle, but cannot be sure.
There was a huge amount of spice at the top. I could smell sharp and heady spices - clove I think, and cinnamon, and a peppery note. No vanilla yet.
About half an hour later, the scent mellowed a bit. Still spicy, still heady, but mellower. The surprising thing is that, in spite of the amount of spice, this wasn't pungent. A few hours later, the flowers came out. And there was the faint barber-shop vibe a lot of reviewers have commented on.I can smell a jasmine I like, and that's very rare, because usually jasmine is a deal-breaker for me. The vanilla is faint and in the background on my skin. The sandalwood is a lot more prominent than the vanilla, in the drydown IMO.
I sprayed this yesterday at 9 in the evening. It is now 8 in the morning,and I can still smell this powerful scent. It now stays close to the skin, but I can definitely smell it if I put my arm close to my nose. So longevity is fantastic.
And the sillage is, of course huge. I would only wear this in the cold months.
I think this is in the same category as Black Orchid by Tom Ford, as they share this peppery-spicey element, combined with faint flowers.

aber19
aber19

Yes I agree, I tried the older addict with the screw around top to spray and the newest one just has the spray top on two different paper strips. They have watered the newest version down. Try to get the older one it is much deeper. It has similarities to midnight poison for me. It is quite expensive, but you need to only few sprays to get an impact. This perfume is very strong particularly within the first 20-30 minutes. I love it. It lasts for five hours on clothes and then it lingers softly. Amazingly, the perfume lasts on my skin for about 8 hours.

MeThePerson, you're right.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

Here's a little test to try yourselves! If you can locate a tester of the original lockable Addict, then put it side by side with the new pull-off cap version... Spray both separately on a blotter strip/ your skin, whichever you get the best result from...
... Wait for ten to twenty minutes...

The original will still project as you expect it to...

The new one?
You'll be left wondering if you sprayed it in the first place! Disappears into thin air

Go compare.

MeThePerson

@avonman below... Dior seems to be going through an identity crisis at the moment... Even the Dior counter consultants are being directed to do what happened to you. Take note of all the rebranding they have been doing within the last year or so, the whole Miss Dior 'Cherie'/edt Originale debacle, the Addict2/Eau Fraiche thing, the Eau Delice/ Senuelle malarkey the discontinuance of Midnight Poison(yeah, as if they're not going to re-release it!)... And yes, I too have been told that the Addict is being discontinued. BULL! They have been told to make the customer believe that they HAVE to buy the new Addict EDT to boost sales, hence taking all the others off the shelves. I don't know what's going on with the Dior house to cause all this ridiculous nonsense, but it's making the house look pathetic and a far cry from the solid reliability they had managed to create. Who, in their right minds, other than as a marketing tool, gets rid of the most iconic and popular fragrances that propelled the house to such a high regard? Who? I can only guess the creativity has been handed over to money obsessed advertising/marketing dimwits! The packaging has changed on all the surviving Addicts from the locking mechanism, the notes on the testers are now different... Oh how they confuse us!

avonman
avonman

FYI ADDICT Lovers: I was in CARSONS' 3 days ago and saw the Tester of this so I picked it up to look at it and of course take a sniff but when I put it down the S.A. Quickly came to take the bottle off the shelf and said I'm sorry this is No Longer for Sale it's being Discontinued!!!

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

She's crude, gauche, wicked fun, and a guilty pleasure. And she's not going to apologize for one bit of it.

---

Notes according to Sephora:
Silk Tree Flower, Mandarin Leaf, Orange Blossom, Queen of the Night Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Tonka Bean

Notes according to Dior:
Top - Tunisian Orange Blossom, Mandarin Leaf
Heart - Jasmine Sambac Absolute
Base - Bourbon Vanilla

Notes according to Fragrantica:

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Straight up sweet, long-lasting and quite addicting to the next-door sniffer ! 2 giant sprays should do ! This is one of those scents where you know it's Addict when you smell it... you know what I mean. It has it's unique identity.

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum is one of my signature scents as it seems to blend well with me.

When I wear it, I always seem to get plenty of compliments and people I know would ask what perfume I am wearing.

This scent lingers in corridors too. Be warned as that may not always be good !

It comes in an iconic dark bluish-black /blackish-blue bottle . I like it.

I have used it for day and night, both worked well.

Madame Rois
Madame Rois

If you're looking for a perfume that's both sweet but with the right amount of sexy, look no further.

I'm very fussy when it comes to perfumes because most cut the nose off me with how sharp they can be, but this one avoids giving you a migraine or the nausea.

My mother(yes she steals a few spritz sometimes) amd I have received plenty compliments on this perfume while wearing it. It's quite a long lasting perfume, and the sillage is great too.

It's more of a daytime perfume than a night time perfume because of the sweet notes. But the dry down is very sexy and very soothing on the nose. So, it could be used as a night time perfume too. It smells woody and of vanilla.

I love this perfume. I'm running out of my bottle and must repurchase soon. I don't think I'm ever going to be without this perfume in my collection for as long as I live.

- original formula

I'm pretty sure there's cinnamon in it,

every time I wear it I can smell the cinnamon,

it gives off a barber shop/hair spray vibe and add to the sensuality

too bad it's changed...

Antares811

I just want to add: this is one of the best scents ever. A gorgeous, feminine, sultry vanilla scent. The perfect scent for me, one of my signature fragrances. I still have my 2002 version bottle. So bad they keep changing this masterpiece!

simonwoody
simonwoody

I used to love this fragrance a lot, had worn more than 10 times in public, until one day I smelt something very synthetic sweet and cloying from a female friend in my French class, and yes, it was Addict by Dior.

Since then, I put it away at the bottom of my perfume box and I was like 'shit, it doesn't smell as good when it's on somebody else.'

At the end of semester, we had a party at that friend's house, I saw her bottle of Addict in her bathroom, it was the 2012 version with a gold ring on the bottle. So I figure out why the perfume was much sweeter on her. I told it to her after the party and she agreed to give my bottle a wear and see how it goes.

The opening was very similar, but after 30 mins, it turns out that my bottle (from 2002) smells amazing on her, woody, spicy, powdery, floral and sweet, the sweetness is not only from vanilla but sandalwood, reminds me of my vintage Samsara extrait.

What Dior have done is get all the masculine stuff (woods and spices) removed, turns it into a vanilla perfume. Shame

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This has long been one of my all time favorite perfumes. The original though. The new versions (which is a whole bitch fest I won't get into right now) pale in comparison to this beauty. This perfume makes a statement. It is for someone confident, who wants to feel sexy. I love the warmth, the spiciness, and the vanilla. I'm clinging onto my last bottle, in case I can't find another of this original beauty.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

I love oriental perfumes. I thought I liked this. It was horrible with my body chemistry. It was good at first, but later on it dried into something horrible (i can't put my finger on it). I gave it to a coworker. I didn't like it on her either.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I tried it, and I liked the first hour or so. A very complex blend of fragrance. But the dry down on me smells like pepper. Just pepper. And that lasted 5 hours. I'm not a big fan of pepper, but if you are, you might really enjoy this perfume.

saintleegray
saintleegray

Me personally? I really like this on me. I don't get a lot of berries or sweetness. This is all dark vanilla, sultry, sexy and spicy. First spray I get that blast along with some white flowers in the background and on drydown it softens into a creamy blend without any of that horrid powdery smell I hate. Very strong, I spray once in the air and walk through, that's completely enough, anything else would be overkill. And sillage is great as well.

The only problem (if you see it that way), is that every single person who has smelled this on me has told me I smell like old lady. Every. Single. Person. A man I was seeing even wrinkled his nose when he got in close, although he didn't say anything until I specifically asked if he liked the perfume. Maybe it's not meant for my chemistry (although I think it smells heavenly still)

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

This is my all-time favourite. I worship the genius that is Thierry Wasser.

The powdery vanilla-tonka swaddles me in a cozy, sultry warmth. Though vanilla is in many perfumes, there's not anything else that strikes this particular chord for me, except perhaps Alien. Boozy bourbon vanilla with tonka and rose create a sultry, cuddly, womanly aura that is irresistible and agreeable. This wears better on me than anything else and I'm guessing the same is true for you.

Wear it whenever, wherever and wear it often. You will never regret it. A classic.

- original formula

this is a DIRTY vanilla, and I only dare to wear it at home!

the sillage is seriously designed to make heads turn for you, stays at a place even after you've left

it's not that feminine, I can imagine guys wearing it too.

Perfect for a cold night, for women who are very strong and confident!

it wears great, even now that it's summer and quite hot

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

This is sweet, seductive, for night, like a hot chocolate! I can feel the chocolate and vanilla scent.
Mmmm...this makes me to want to use whole bottle at once!
This fragrance is for badass girls who wants to have some dirty fun.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This is a great, mysterious, sexy fragrance. It lasts a while on my skin and the more you wear it, the more addict you become. It's a little bit expensive, unless you get it on sale, like I did. Perfect for evening wear.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Smelled better on paper strip than it does on me. On paper, it is vanillic and floral but not sweet. On me, it is smoky tonka bean and sandalwood with berries. The sandalwood seems to speak quite loud so if you like it woody, this would be for you. The scent is persistent, smoky tonka and powdery violets. I don't know if this is the reformulation but I seem to recall trying it about five years ago and loving it. Not anymore. It's lovely but does not suit my personality.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot with a trail
Longevity: more than 5 hours then skin scent for another 5 (stronger and longer on cloth)

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I use this to save using all my tom ford tobacco vanille as they both veer towards the same result. I also get a Dune vibe on the first few hours which is good because I've grown out of Dune, it just doesn't mix with my chemistry as it did when I was younger. Funny but true.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

I love this dark sexy vanilla, now this is what a vanilla fragrance should smell like! Sweet vanilla blends into sultry sandalwood to create an aura of strong and elegant femininity. It's very long lasting and the sillage is just right. Definitely a love for me!

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

As much
as I love
the reformulation,
this is beyond gorgeous
and exceptionally amazing!
'Addict' as it should be,
mysterious, audacious,
and ultimately alluring.

Addict 2002
has a richer
and creamier vanilla note
with a woody-smokey background.

One thing is certain,
I am insanely crazy
to Dior Addict.

ShroomRavioli
ShroomRavioli

It smells like vanilla. And that's pretty much it. It's a bit sexy, a bit edgy, a bit too vanilla.

Kristina25
Kristina25

In my opinion this is probably the only "sexy" vanilla. Vanilla gives me that feeling you get when you step into your favourite coffee shop on a cold autumn morning, snuggled into a cosy scarf while you wait for your latte to warm yourself up. But not this.

The sandalwood gives this sex. Addict is a woman who leaves her conquest at three in the morning to wake up alone while she prowls the night looking for her next victim. But she's not a slut. She's a vixen.

Powerful and sultry as it may be though, I think a shy, reserved woman could get away with wearing a dab on her neck - a much more subtle way to tease than wearing nothing but lingerie under a trench coat.

I'm a sucker for the classic orientals such as Opium,Poison, Coco etc. But I think Addict is my personal favourite from its era, though in my mid twenties, I don't think I deserve to wear it. Yet.

Natalie Carter

Lucky i have the original one, because most of you said that the new formula is worse. But i don't know because i have not sniffed the new one:). This one is strong, and everlasting. Yeah its loud, but you really have to wait for the drydown. Lovelovelove

wendyyparty

Now finally they put the right picture on! #claphands

primarycook
primarycook

I finally understand what people mean when they say a fragrance smells like plastic doll heads. Dior Addict did that for me. But I have mixed feelings about this perfume. Once the plastic doll head scent dies down (it never completely disappears on my skin), I get a lovely, deep, boozy vanilla, very reminiscent of high quality vanilla extract. I'll wait awhile and try this one again, because it's got such potential. This must smell heavenly if you have the right body chemistry for it.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

I asked for a sample of this at Sephora. It's among my fave fragrances for women. A very beautiful but dangerous woman like Scarlett Johansen as the Black Widow is the kinda woman this brings to mind. A bad girl with some class is who this stuff is for.

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

My mom bought this when it fist came out and has had it just stored away. I always ignored it because I assumed it to be an overly mature, or strong scent. I finally tried it a few weeks ago and was surprised by how much I like this scent. On me it smells like a slightly spicy, boozy vanilla. It's warm, yet has this sort of fruity wet freshness to it. Definitely balsamic. Everyone's noses are different, but I do not consider this a 'loud' perfume as others have stated.

Sheks
Sheks

I absolutely adore this fragrance.... it is so sweet and makes the woman in me come alive with great confidence, very sexy fragrance.

Inamorata
Inamorata

Long time ago, I received a nice gift from a good friend of mine who was aware of my passion for Dior creations :D – it was a Dior Addict. I really liked the perfume – it had his own personality, and you really had to be in the right mood to wear it.
It opens with very sharp and strong notes, of green mandarin leafs mixed with a sort of smokey notes. But after a few minutes, these strong accords with make way for the smoked and seductive, passionate and intense vanilla notes. I do not know the reason why, but this aroma makes me think about a luxurious car. Sweet orange blossom and cereus blossom melt over the almost woody vanilla. It is quite a bodacious mixture. I personally love it, but, in the same time I can relate to those who think this fragrance is not quite their cup of tea. The base notes are somptuous, with sandalwood and toka, leaving behind an intense, profound, heavy, mysterious and feminine perfume at the same time, on the skin and on clothes.
I strongly believe that the essence of Dior Addict can be described as noir, deep and seducing, as it will never go un-noticed and its persistency is almost monstrous.
Given this experience with Dior Addict, a few months ago I decided to buy the new version of the fragrance from strawberrynet. The new version, can easily be recognized by the white box (it used to have a rosy pearly box) and by the golden line on the bottle (it had none). This is an iconic, sensual, and also intoxicating fragrance.

wendyyparty

READ THIS, before you buy a bottle of ADDICT.

Expect it to be SHARP, DEEP, HEAVY, SPICY, and PUNCHING IN YOUR FACE. Then you'll have nothing to complain about.

People these days tends to hurriedly grab only what they want to read and ignore the other significants, which in fact, are not that hard to notice.

Do you see any word such as "light" "soft" "tender" "cosy" "feminine" "frutty floral" in these below comments?

No, We only stated it to be "Dark" "Spicy" "Strong" "Sensual" "Massive" "Powerful" "Edgy" etc etc! (Did I say Edgy?) And then...if you can handle (or love) those outstanding qualities, you'll also get the creamy dreamy white florals you hope for.

ellina1984

Usually I like orientals, but this one was a scrubber! It was in-your-face peppery from the first spray, and disturbingly dark - I gor a lot of icense. I can't speak of the drydown - didn't wait that long to wash it off.

;-)
;-)

Can't stand Jasmine and that is powerfull in this one. To cloying and gives me a headace. Wanted to experience what I read in the reviews but I did not.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

OK, so I got lucky today and found both this one and the reformulation.
The original Addict is more oriental, sultrier and deeper.
The new Eau de Parfum at first spray is very alcoholic, then almost becomes the Addict we know BUT fades quickly to a vanilla drydown which is very disappointing and it kind of reminded me of YSL Manifesto and Armani Code Luna.
I think the lack of tonka bean & sandalwood make a huge dent in the new one.
My humble advice to Addict lovers is to try and stock up on the original before they're all gone.

Chiquis
Chiquis

There are some fragrances that seem inextricably linked to a specific season. I can't imagine Dior Addict in the summertime... There is nothing beachy here. It also doesn't scream fresh, dewy springtime floral either. No, Dior Addict is all Autumn in my opinion. In fact this scent reminds me of everything about the holiday season, that time between Thanksgiving and Christmas... Everything laced with cinnamon and nutmeg, spicy warm vanilla wafting from the kitchen. To love Dior Addict you must MUST love two things: spicy and vanilla. Think eggnog with sprinkles of nutmeg and perhaps a little bit of cloves. If that description excites you then this is your scent.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

This is one of my most hated perfumes of all time. To me it is sickly sweet with some dirty underwear and dying flower notes added in. Maybe this impression is tinged by the fact that many women who wear this seem to bathe in the stuff and often have a certain style that veers towards the brash. I'm sure there are some classy ladies who make this a lovely perfume, however, I only seem to come across the other kind who make travelling on public transport a bit of a hazard, as this smell makes me feel nauseous and triggers headaches. If your scent can be smelled from a distance of more than four feet, you have too much on, please have mercy.

t for two
t for two

First, please change the picture with the original first bottle. I have the original and i love it! Such a seductive scent!

CozyCat

Why did Fragrantica change the picture? The bottle with the gold rim is the new, reformulated 2012 Dior Addict (which has different notes and its own page for reviews on this site).
Please change it back to the picture of the 2002 Addict bottle so people don't get confused!

PS. And maybe use this picture for the 2012 Addict page instead, because the pic of the bottle there looks cut off from the top.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

One of my favorite scents of all time. A very sexy, rich lineup of amber, vanilla, clove, and cardamom that opens with a punch of spice, then settles into a cozy and gorgeous vanilla. I will admit that the opening can be a little sharp, so this is one of those scents that I love getting a whiff of on my coat the day after I have worn it. I would not locate it as a gourmand, the spiciness is more aromatic than foody. Think of a heady chai scent wafting from a teacup with hints of tonka bean. Absolutely gorgeous. As with several famed oriental scents, mind the sillage. Just a spritz on the back of the neck and maybe a bit on the inner arms and voila- femme fatale.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

I've always thought perfume names were so pretentious, so hyperbolic: Opium, Obsession, Addict. Ridiculous!

I thought I'd get something nice since I really love white florals with tonka bean and vanilla. So I didn't read through any more reviews or the notes before I tried Addict.

Pow, Batman! I've never experienced anything like it.
I felt transported, elevated, enveloped and transformed. This is magical aromatherapy at its finest.

For once I could detect the citrus leafy scent, the fruit, the orange flower, rose and what I found out later was the night blooming cereus. The top notes were carried along by the vanilla until the wave crashed, and the vanilla and tonka bean came fully to the fore. I got no boozy tone, just the structure of the sandalwood underneath the vanilla, which was delicious. I have smelled real sandalwood, and it has a complexity which is rarely matched in today's product. Addict is definitely a quality item.

For once I really understand what happens when you find that transformative scent. I'll be hunting down a bottle as soon as my budget allows.
I can't judge the sillage, and my skin absorbs scent like a sponge so the top notes only lasted a few minutes. The base notes are still here three hours later, with the sandalwood and tonka bean supporting the vanilla. I'll be reapplying before bed so that I can slip off to sleep with my wrist on my pillow.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

One of the best and the most flirtatious scent to this day! Addict's power is a force

to reckon even in warm climates during hot Summers like in Dubai!

Get Addicted!

Adia31

La partida no me gusta me resulta muy fuerte a frutos rojos pero a la media hora evoluciona y me encanta es muy envolvente como un abrigo. Tiene muy buen sillage y duración.

Natalie Carter

This thing is not for everyone. It sometimes even smells masculine. Addict is very mature and its super strong. The longevity is great. Tons of vanilla and some spices with florals on me. It smells nice sometimes and its addictive.

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

The vanilla in Addict is definitely deep and too mature for me. And by mature I don't necessarily mean old, just that it does not suit my personality or taste. I am definitely more of a gourmand vanilla lover. I appreciate the quality of this perfume, but it is not my thing. I think I am going to wash it off.

Also, this reminds me of some kind of drink, maybe a rich vanilla rooibos or vanilla Earl Grey tea. I'm not sure why I get that vibe, seeing as how it is not a foody vanilla.

EDIT: After some thought I realized it smells almost exactly like an iced vanilla chai tea frappe from that place with the golden arches.

As I mentioned before, this is clearly a good quality perfume. Even though I tried to wash it off, the scent still lingers. I find that I rather enjoy the smell now that it is not quite so strong. I still wouldn't buy a bottle, but if it were gifted to me, I would wear it - in very tiny amounts.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Very impressive fragrance . Definitely for the night time. The composition is quiet surprising with sweet and bitter notes,well blended,creating a masterpiece. The lasting power is amazing.Unforgetable and exceptional fragrance,super strong and of course not for every one

Adia31

Lo probé una vez en la piel, llegué y me bañé y aún seguía sintiéndolo en mí y en la habitación es muy persistente me encanta esa vainilla tibia y abrigadora, no lo compré por que deja una gran estela y no es acorde a mi trabajo aunque me muero de ganas de tenerlo tal vez algún día me anime.

lirael00
lirael00

I first noticed this perfume in a fashion magazine and it had caught my attention as it was so sexy and wet and for my 13 years old sweet and innocent self it looked kinda dangerous. Few years later when I was 17 I bought a bottle of it and I liked but I didn't feel comfortable wearing it as I thought it was too much. Plus, those are the years where you doubt yourself a lot and other people's opinion is really important to you. So I gave it to my mum. Then few years later when I was more of a woman than a girl, I tried it again. And it was just perfect. It was dark, mature, seductive scent, with which I could easy relate too, so I bought myself a new bottle. Now I'm enjoying this dark vanilla magic, that is made for a woman who knows who she is and is not afraid to show it. And it lasts forever. A keeper for sure

scrappydoo
scrappydoo

I'm definitely an addict of this perfume, having just purchased my 10th (11th?) bottle. It's a deep and dark vanilla, not sweet and innocent, but a chance to get in touch with your dark side and feel a little naughty wearing it. I have had strangers come up to me and ask what perfume has them so enchanted, always a delightful experience!

NoireFox
NoireFox

One of the most utterly beautiful dark vanillas ever made, the "Angel" of vanilla perfumes if you will.

Side note: I also get a little bit of cinnamon from this as well, and the vanilla here is definitely a warm "boozy" vanilla. The dry-down is incredibly smooth and indeed smells somewhat warm and starchy, like rice pudding.

If you're pining for a sweet, cupcake vanilla, look elsewhere. But if you want (or shall I say 'desire') a rich, musky vanilla, you will be…addicted to this. I know I am.

Hellita
Hellita

I've liked Addict on others, but can't stand it on myself. Got it as a Christmas present once but I gave it away.

Very very strong and quite masculine. I can only feel vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean in it. No flowers at all. That's alright though. The scent is too masculine for me but kind of addictive though. You just can't stop smelling it.
It's very woody and smoky. A little bit seductive.
I couldn't wear it like that though, maybe it's better for me when layering it with something else.
Not bad as a scent.

MissCupcake1624
MissCupcake1624

I picked up a sample of this fragrance last night at Sephora (it's possible it was the Eau de Parfum, so my apologizes if I'm reviewing the wrong one). I decided to wear it to work today. Upon application, I was overwhelmed by floral, Addict was destined for the dislike button. I decided to tough it out, and see where the dry down would get me. And, I'm so glad I did! The overwhelming floral didn't last too long, before Addict became creamy. The vanilla was becoming more pronounced. By the end of my short 4 hour shift, I loved this fragrance. My coworker who first preferred Pure Poison (on my other wrist) at the start of my shift, had changed her mind on Addict before I left as well. Needless to say, Addict has been added to my 'want shelf'.

Marilia -Mariliaki
Marilia -Mariliaki

One of the most leading perfume from a top company. A beautiful combination of oriental and flower notes, so beautifully jumbled between their. A huge thumbs up to the house of Dior and keep us given as such masterpieces.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

In 1930s Chicago, a young con man seeking revenge for his murdered partner teams up with a master of the big con to win a fortune from a criminal banker. The movie was titled, "THE STING."

DIOR ADDICT has THE STING. It's what you'd expect a femme fatal to smell like: mystery and mood, but also mensa smart who manages to mind her manners. She's the woman you can't help but envy, the one whose hair always looks as if she's just left the salon, and you wouldn't be surprised to learn that she's fluent in several languanges. She's an Ivy graduate who may very well be a white collar criminal. She's manicured and oh so polished. She never tries; she just does.

DIOR ADDICT doesn't sting your eyes or nose or skin, nothing like that, but it does have that subtle sting that you find in old-school bubble gums, a familiar subtle sting. DIOR ADDICT wears real fur without apology and feels most at home in silken slips.

She's an aloof lover who'll linger on his sheets and mind and still, she's the sophisticated friend who always knows where to find the best of everything. Best restaurant, best hotel, best cocktail, worldly without having to crack open a book.

pravda48
pravda48

SHORT VERSION:
ORIGINAL (this pg): strongly dark/warm bourbon vanilla w/ some spice from tonka bean

NEW EDP: vanilla floral w/ lots of silk tree blossom and night blooming cereus. Only a hint of the warmth of the orig. but gently sweet and delectable nonetheless.

Both great, just depends what you're looking for =)
----------------------------------------

Yummy spicy tonka bean bourbon vanilla! The only floral I get from this is the Night Blooming Cereus (which I find to be a particularly beautiful and underused floral scent). Decent sillage (roommate can smell it sitting a normal distance beside me on the sofa and says it's 'nice, not overpowering'.) Usually I have to have people nuzzle into my arm to find my perfume. Maye I should start spraying more.... lol =?

VERY MUCH an ORIENTAL VANILLA vs flortiental on me. It is warm, cozy, and comforting if you love love vanilla! Deep and delicious. Only vanilla I've found that emanates warmth and depth vs 'sugarrrrr rush!!!!" haha.

P.S. The EDP is really nice, too. Just not a bourbony vanilla like here. It's lighter and with a LOT of silk blossom, which is also a delicious floral. They're both wonderful scents, just different.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

The bourbon vanilla in this is to die for. By far the best scent of vanilla around. After I smelled this, I couldn't even smell Poison. This stuff is amazing and the sandal wood and Tonka bean totally compliment the bourbon.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I have 2 bottles vintage that I would never part with. It's fabulous. It does get rotated though. Since I wore it so much before, I really have moved onto others, but I'd never part with them. AND they haven't gone rancid either. Good stuff back then :)

chuetta
chuetta

I like it initially but once it sits on my skin for a while there's something iffy about it, it makes me smell like an old lady. A good smelling old lady, but still and old lady.

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

I spent over a year trying to decide if I liked Addict enough to buy it, or if I hated it. I finally bought it a few years ago and it's my very fave! It's a bit harsh waiting for the top and mid notes to settle, but the base is amazing and it lasts.

I once watched a girl trying this on at the store: she was mortified and could not believe that it was the same lovely fragrance she had smelled on another lady at a party.
She didn't stick it out for the dry down. Lol.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

The first is a bit sour, perhaps it's from mandarin oranges/leaves. However the drydown is sweet smooth vanilla, very beautiful. It's much better than Hypnotic Poison in my opinion.

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

Vanilla can be a bit hit and miss with my chemistry. On me this one has a very strong vanilla drydown that is reminiscent to me of Tobacco Vanille. A harsh, almost alcoholic scent. My boyfriend even didn't like it although he thought it smelled like chocolate cake. I wouldn't have thought that chocolate cake was an offensive smell but his facial expression was disgusted, lol!

Its a shame because I wanted to love it but it didn't love me. Very good projection and longevity though.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Sorry ladies. This is too cloying and so...well, vanilla :/

balzac
balzac

Your little black dress.

Dior Addict parfum is complex enough, mysterious enough and lastly, stand out enough to otherwise be bothered with anything more than a little black dress. It says so much. It speaks to people around you, people seek you out, they will follow the lingering of your scent.

I think this is an aloof fragrance, it's a bit unapproachable and coldhearted however the fragrance itself is very warm. * The mystery.
Glamour is easy to achieve without trying when you wear this parfum.

Flowers in the heart of Dior Addict add the sweet feminine quality needed on this otherwise boarder-line masculine fragrance. The heart is what reminds us that it's not a full out men's fragrance.

With all the top and middle notes, it's all in the base. The foundation and depth of Dior Addict is alluring. The sandalwood has a nice smooth sweetness to accommodate the heavy Tonka Bean which rounds it all out very nicely.

*I think smoky black eyes (makeup) complement this fragrance very well.

I've mentioned sweet here in this review, however, this is not a "sweet" fragrance, it has the dark edge to it. Bewitchingly elegant and charmingly irresistible. Very beautiful for chilly evenings. Excellent.

Sillage 10
Projection 10
longevity 10

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Bitter vanilla and queen of the night locked up with midnight heat in a seductive bottle.

fetus
fetus

this is like a female version of Dior "Fahrenheit"

mary.crawley
mary.crawley

I was told I might like this because I'm trying to find a replacement for Urban Decay's "Sin" perfume oil. Unfortunately, this smells like burnt barbie doll on me. Ick. My search continues.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

Why oh why don't I wear this more???
I've had this perfume bottle for about 10 years and the fragrance didn't really spark anything magical until I revisited it today. OH MY!
This is absolutely fabulous! Just what the Dr. ordered on a cold winter's day. I wore it to work today and it made me feel so calm and cozy ALL DAY LONG!! I could still smell it on me when I got home this evening. Major staying power!
I love this warm, spicey scent. It's very thick and rich and wraps you like a blanket. It holds on tight. It's so enveloping and entrancing. I can't believe I didn't wear this more in the past, but my senses have been awakened and I'm ready to give this beauty a little more attention and I can't believe how much this frangrance still smells awesome after 10 years. Definitely sexy, definitely warm, definitely a gorgeous perfume and I'm so so happy I own it!!

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I was VERY disappointed after reading all the wonderful reviews for this perfume.

I honestly do not get where everyone is smell this "warm vanilla" scent from. To me it smells more like the straight vanilla extract that is 75% alcohol and makes you lips pucker up because you are expecting something sweet. It also has EXTREMELY strong florals that I am not to fond of. It smells very synthetic and potpourri-like.
Sorry not a fan.

doIsmellgood
doIsmellgood

Wow. This is really great! I don't know why it reminds me of hot chocolate, maybe because it's a cold, snowy day. Dior Addict is perfect for winter, although I don't think I would like it as much in the summer. It warms you like a mug of your favorite hot spiced drink. I love it! I sprayed it about 12 hours ago and can still smell it strongly.

acronia_1989
acronia_1989

sweet and warm

like it

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Now THIS is something different! I was expecting Addict to be a musky, fruity or creamy vanilla like so many other perfumes out there, but this has some spice!! So much so, in fact, that it is a little masculine at first. I imagine one of those lattes that they make at Starbucks during the winter holidays with a lot of nutmeg sprinkled on top of the foam. Positively yummy, and I admit that I am addicted to Starbucks lattes, so I think the name is very fitting. The spice stays throughout the whole day but it does mellow out as time goes on. Not sure where I'm getting the nutmeg scent from...maybe the tonka? I have tried other perfumes with tonka before and it doesn't match the rich spicyness that this has though. I love how this isn't your typical, run-of-the-mill vanilla fragrance. This one definitely has some personality!! Can't complain about the longevity either!

Krupp
Krupp

Dior Addict is definitely not a classic men's fragrance, but it smells magnificently, and so is one a poor one if he deny to go with it, just because of conventions. Well, nice it is, lasts a long time and with good projection to people around you. My best recommendations to both women and men!

fayez188
fayez188

هذي الماركة كريستيان ديور تخبل الواحد لان كل منتجاتها راااائعه

العطر هذي فخم شتوي ثقيل يصلح للشتاء والطقس البارد
وتحس انه فخم و برستيج

Antares811

In the past I disliked this scent becouse I found it too strong and powerful for my tastes, recently I rediscovered this and I LOVE it!
It's definitely one of my favorites!
Sweet, warm, powdery, sexy and feminine.
Highly recommended. Great job, Mr Wasser.
The best floral powdery vanilla scent ever.
The reformulated version is good but not as beautiful as this.
This is a modern masterpiece.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Rice pudding? I immediately thought "tapioca"!
It does smell very rich and yummy. I might wear this on a special occasion like an 'adult ladies to party" or some such :)

milenamp
milenamp

To me, it is smell like rice pudding. Delicious, but I don't like to smell like a food.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

I love Addict!
It's thick, syrupy and narcotic, very opiate-like, has an edge of illegal, glassy eyed high. And NO, it's not because of the name! It's because the vanilla is not very sweet, but it has the texture of heavy damask.
It's a dark, foreboding scent that seduces with the appeal of all that is bad for you in the most delicious way.
Very base heavy, loaded with musk, woods and tonka bean, it can enchant in small doses and suffocate if you overdo it.

Unfortunately, the reformulation has destroyed Addict, so if you can find the vintage, snap it up.

Merl
Merl

As with any strong perfume, this one is much better if you spray, delay, then walk through the spray, a good formula for capturing the best of strong, wonderful perfumes. I never spray any great, strong fragrance directly on myself, because many of the great ones, give me that awful over the eye headache that lasts for days and can cause intoxication not unlike after having a few drinks that can be very dangerous to oneself and others. So spray and wear with caution.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I don't really think of this as edgy. Yes. it's pretty deep and good for evening wear, but I still think this smells creamy almond-vanilla-woody coziness :) I find it even has a slightly milky smell to it. At first, I clearly notice the petitgrain. Then I smell the orange blossom - it gives off a balmy-honey smell. After this settles there are some weak flowery notes too at that point, but I can't pinpoint what the are, and of course the creamy vanilla. At that point it gets pretty linear on me... but not always: if I get hot, this changes smell into something even more delicious! Very cool! :)

This is good for winter time! Some fragrances that I would categorize "for winter", I like to smell mostly only outside because I find them a bit cloying inside the house, but I like this one inside too - as long as you don't apply too much, this isn't a heavy perfume. I mean that in a sense that it doesn't have any whisky/alcoholic, heavy oriental, sharp, smoky, animalic, overly woody or sharp spicy notes. Yes, it's sweet, contains a lot of vanilla and therefore a little powdery (in a vanilla-way), yes, it's spicy-herbal at first, but it calms down quite fast. It's also not overly dry - probably because of the flowers. I don't find any of the notes of this to be "too much". I use a tiny bit of this though - I have put some of this in a roller ball bottle and find that to be the easiest way to control the amount I apply. I think that if you like sweet, non sharp perfumes with lots of vanilla, you should try this :)

po
po

Talk about edgy vanilla here. Neither snuggly nor cozy, Addict is a whole different animal.

Opens with an unusual green note which I couldn't pinpoint but now I agree, mandarin leaves of course. Sleek, green, refreshing, slightly bitter. I didn't get berries but they might just tone down the natural bitterness of the leaves.

It gradually gets more woody and smokey with noticeable floral undertones. There isn't a classic bouquet of them in Addict, the most prominent is the night blooming cereus which isn't common and that's part of Addict's mysterious aura.

Vanilla gently surrounds all the other notes but it never gets really sweet IMO, it's on the more abstract and woody/ floral kind of vanilla perfumes.

This is a great winter night scent, feels very modern and confident. High heels, sleek black attire and smokey eye makeup required.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This is so super strong and smells waaaay too much and too long. I will try it again, but with a lighter hand this time. Gosh.

sweetiepea161616

When I spray too much of this, I get a headache and feel like I want to hurl, but a light spritz from a few feet away gives me the most magical feeling. I smell amazing all day! It's sweet, rich, thick, and dead sexy. I absolutely love this one! The vanilla is heavy, oriental, and intoxicating. One of my favorites. A+++++++

Coeur de L'Afrique
Coeur de L'Afrique

Tried it on today after sniffing it for a while... not sure if I'm a fan of it. It does have an oriental vanilla vibe (and I usually love orientals), but there's something almost medicinal about it that I'm not loving too much. It is fresh though but then moves to an almost stale base feeling.. so glad I only tried the sampler. Not for me.

iwantperfume
iwantperfume

I'm disappointed in this perfume. I was really looking forward to trying it after reading rave reviews. You can chalk it up to chemistry but it smells like an old-fashioned powder on me and it wears for a long time. It is definitely not for me and I would not recommend it for women younger than 40 IMHO.

I wish I liked it more since I usually enjoy Dior!

xxstarburstxx
xxstarburstxx

I have been wearing this for a long time now (on my third bottle) and so have decided its time to write a review...
Obviously, I love it! It is sweet and sultry with a hint of spice. I cannot detect any floral or fruit on me - just plenty of rich, slightly spicy vanilla & sandalwood.
Gorgeous!
I get more compliments when I wear this than any other fragrance.
Sillage & longevity excellent.
PS Get hold of the 'old' formulation if you can ... both good but the old one has more depth.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

The initial word that comes to mind for this opaque vanilla, is suede. It's dry and smooth, but heavy with chocolate and malt. It's distinct, so if you are inclined towards edgier scents, then Addict fits the bill.

What I don't particularly like is the strength - it has an almost aniseed quality to it, on me anyway, and the dryness I speak of while evolving into the headier praline in time, is still too rich, too dark.

It's not one of my favourites, and while it has grown on me, and I enjoy the sweetness, it's just too full bodied.

Jama4
Jama4

Intoxicating, addicting, sweet vanilla, spice. This perfume has personality!!! It makes me want to smell my wrist all day long.

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: no too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: fall and winter any time / spring summer evenings
Projection: 4 feet +
Longevity: 10 hrs+

Will I purchase: Yes

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

Centsless
Centsless

Yes it is nice with the vanilla floral being something you can wear in just about any situation, anywhere...but I guess that's what I didn't like about it. It played too nice. Uninspiring and not really unique.

sparkybish
sparkybish

Powerfully feminine, sweet, soft and vanillic, I love the first half hour on me. Unfortunately, the dry down brings on a headache, which makes me a sad panda, indeed. If you like Dune, Hypnotic Poison, or DG Femme, give this a try.

Synryo
Synryo

Smelled really nice on the paper (which is unusual for me) so I tried it on. Did not work on me at all until the drydown. But since it smelled good on its own I have no trouble believing it does magical things on people with the right chemistry for it! I'm just not one of those people. Which is sad because I love me some vanilla.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

What a delightful surprise this fragrance is to me. She sits close to me, yet stays with me all night and awakens with me, her delicate gourmand notes still intact. Dior Addict is a comfortable scent, boozy smooth with a headiness that wraps around me like an over-sized sweater that I reach for over and over to wear over my straight leg jeans and DVF boots. There's a sexy, lanquid feel going on, almost panther-like, so slow and sexy, cat-eye and all. A transformation begins whenever I wear this perfume. And wear it I do whenever I feel mysterious or playful.
The night blooming cereus and tonka beans intertwine to make this a creamy frag that boldly speaks for itself in an unassuming way that sneaks up on those around the wearer. The name says it all. This is a sexy Oriental that doesn't pack cloying sweetness into its delicious notes.

wendyyparty

I miss her a second I lost a whiff of her...

I feel disturbed going to bed without a trace of her scent accompanying me to sleep...

I yearn for her when I decide to wear something else for the day... and nothing, not even my beloved Habanita can stop me.... from thinking of Dior Addict...

I am truly... indifinitely... inevitably... insatiably... sickeningly... ADDICTED to this "Queen of the night".

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Dior Addict is positively addictive! Love this sparkling fragrance with prominent notes of bourbon vanilla and tonka bean and a powdery sandalwood base. Addict reminds me of a more sophisticated version of Shalimar by Guerlain. Addict is a must for gourmands!

marily
marily

I am addicted to this perfume!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!A long lasting and overpowering scent.....it leaves its scent everywhere I go!!!!IAlthough I can't smell too much vanilla but night queen flowers!!!! Amazing scent,it's definitely an addict!!!!

Tiffany4
Tiffany4

I was lucky to be able to receive a sample of this from Sephora. The initial spray was more overwhelming than I expected. I think I've said this almost all of my reviews that I am 14 and my judgment may be different than to those that are more mature. I do find this fragrance to be one of those IN-YOUR-FACE-IM SEXY kind. It gives off a feeling one up from "warm" because to me it has a hint of spiciness blended in with the floral and vanilla notes. The sillage was really good for the first few hours, but I can't tell about the hours after that because I took a shower -_- But it did still stay on after the shower, just not as strong as before. It doesn't have as sweet of a smell as Hypnotic Poison, but it's a more sensual perfume compared to HP. I came across this when I was looking for perfumes for upcoming dances and proms for high school, and I don't regret it one bit. I do love it, but I don't think it's the prom type of scent to me. I'd save this for parties (with older people, not 14/15 year olds everywhere) and nights out, or when we do anything at night when we travel. It's definitely a confidence booster. If I were older, probably around 25, I think I would be able to pull this off more easily. The only thing that keeps going through my mind when I try to wear it are the reviews I see through other sites saying they'd be worried if they smelled this on someone under 20, which I am not going to be for awhile. I've been looking into fragrances for awhile now, making me interested in many categories of perfumes, opening my mind up to a wider variety of scents. When I smell this, I keep coming up with scenarios in my head, all being if I were at least of age to be an adult. I could imagine going out to the club/bar/party wearing this along with my "little black dress" and guys would approach me attracted to this scent and I would be surrounded by all these guys who would be in a trance and treat me like a queen. Haha I feel like I'm trying to imagine some ad of my own. The packaging is beautiful though! Points to Dior for having unique and beautiful packaging. I mean Marc Jacobs can have the young, girly, dainty, colorful packaging, but Dior has the elegant, beautiful, sophisticated, unique, classy, attractive-to-the-eye packaging.

Edit: I wore it around for a bit and two of my older sisters said I smelled like an old lady. But then again, they said that with almost all of my perfumes except for the citrus ones I have. I so badly want to wear this as my prom or special event scent, but I'm afraid others will think I smell too old for my age.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I have tried it three times now. The first time was just a light spritz and I didn't find it really appealing. The 2nd time I sprayed more, but had to wash it off the best I could after about an hour. I tried again today and left it most of the day.

First of all, if you want long wearing, this is it. I could smell it for hours and even after scrubbing and using alcohol twice, it lingers.

It is unusual with something a little smoky under the surface, mixed in with the vanilla. Maybe a little incense. I agree with those who have mentioned pipe smoke - it's sweet but not sugary. There is a hint of the fruit but very little "floral". The vanilla is strong and the dry down is nice, but the whole composition doesn't really work for me. Try it, you might love it, but I have not become 'addicted'.

Edit: Have continued to sample and it has grown on me. I don't like the initial notes, something mixes with my skin chemistry at the beginning and it has a plasticky or synthetic quality to it, but after about 10 to 15 minutes it settles down and I can enjoy the other notes. I don't believe I love it yet but I find it unusual enough to return to it and give it a chance in my wardrobe.

stormyla
stormyla

I recently tried this fragrance and found it to be most unremarkable. I like to give all fragrances three separate tries, but there was nothing compelling enough in this scent to make me want to invest my time with it.

The first time that I use a fragrance it is with a fairly conservative application. This scent was undetectable on my skin within 3 hours.

Obviously this perfume is very popular but it did absolutely nothing for me, nor was it distinctive enough for me to be able to recognize it on anyone else.

Museumgal
Museumgal

There's just a hint of green notes in the beginning from the mandarin leaf. The tonka bean and vanilla are really the stars here, the woods holding it up and just a touch of florals. Warm, inciting, great for evening wear.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

I love the deep vanilla of Dior Addict. I'm the happy owner of the pre-formulated version, and yesterday I tried the new version for the first time. Good news, at least to my nose, is that the reformulation is really good and long-lasting. To me, as good as the original. The tonka and night blooming cereus shine here. It lasts 24 hours and the dry down is really heavenly.

Soie
Soie

A rich, very bottom heavy fragrance. Freshly sprayed, I get lots of tonka bean, vanilla and sandalwood; it's only after a few minute that I can pick some of the other notes -- mostly the jasmine, rose and mandarin leaf, which I discern as having a scent similar to that of petitgrain. If I sniff hard, I do seem to pick up a fruity element to Addict, it just isn't all that identifiable as blackberry to my nose; and as to the night blooming cereus, I have no idea how that smells.

Addict does have a familiar smell to it, as it reminds me very much of Obsession Sheer....

AnnaBarbz
AnnaBarbz

I have the best club memories rocking Dior Addict! It was a must in 2002 no kidding exactly ten years ago at 16 I was dancing the night away at Sound Factory, Exit, Spirit in NYC. It was on my X-Mas gift list and I wore it to the max just smelled better after having a work out to House Music for fourteen hours straight! Dior Addict is a smell close to my heart remind me of my teen years.. Dior Addict and Escada Ibiza Hippie best scents of the decade, barnone.

P.S.- the new Diors which go under Addict will never capture the spicy heat of Addict, I smelled them all and never bought any of em'. Dior Addict was the best!

MsDana

This is a very sensual vanilla based scent. I realize everyone has different body chemistry, & scent preferences, and that this scent may not work on everyone, but really! I can say for 100% certainty that there is nothing "pomade or acne creamish" about this scent in the least.

irmak00
irmak00

One of my friends used to smell like a pomade that i had thought she has been used for her acnes. Last week i smell addict in a perfumery and i understood the truth that day. It wasn't a pomade, it was dior addict!! And i don't like this perfume at all.

MsDana

I got a sample of this at Sephora's. I thought it had a very unique, & sexy scent, I gave it to my friend, because most vanilla scents do not work for me and tend to turn rancidly sweet on me. Her boyfriend absolutely loved it, & thinks it is very sexy, he plans on buying it for her. If you or your man love vanilla based scents this may be the perfume for you. I have to reconsider it for myself as well, it did not turn rancid on me like I thought it would. I have noticed that when vanilla scents are paired with woodsy scents It doesn't turn too sweet on me, so I may buy this one in the future. A very sexy scent.

Update: I purchased it, and the dry down is heavenly on me, Beautiful and sensual. IMO it is best for evenings, or in cooler weather. I love it.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This does not work with my chemistry at all! It somehow smells soapy and rancid at the same time. I don't get any vanilla, just strong soap. Yuk.

ecerusen
ecerusen

long lasting and powerful sillage.
but unfortunately it stay same for 6 hours on my skin. just vanilla. sugary, heavy vanilla. i dont like it :/ because of my skin chemistry maybe.

tandi
tandi

The first thing that came to mind when I smelled this was that its kind of 'dirty'. Its longlasting and has good sillage and shares something with armani code for sure.
Not one of the best vanilla's out there. Passing it on to my mum

magdallenna
magdallenna

Vanilla perfumes are my favorite and I was sure I would like this one. However I hate it, I really wanted to like it but i didn't. I love the vanilla in Dior's Hypnotic poison and in Lancome's Hypnose but in this one I don't like it all.

millie1980
millie1980

This smelt rancid on my skin! I think it is similar to CK Obsession which I also do not like. It's like vanilla blended with diesel and stale milk. Let this be a reminder - it's amazing how much people's tastes in fragrances differ.

Snookums
Snookums

It may sound strange, but this reminds me of the bush fire season in Australia. The intensely hot summer days which don't cool down at night,the sense of danger and the hunky firefighters.

Sannee77
Sannee77

I love this! Very seductive, definitely an evening fragrance. I've also tried layering it with Armani Code, a combo made in heaven!

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I can't figure out how I feel about this one. On my skin, the tonka bean just screams! I thought to myself, too sweet, especially for summer. But then I stepped outside, the breeze swirled around me, and this gorgeous scent had my head reeling. I think I could happily wear this in winter if I held back from smelling my wrist directly. Or if I did the spray-and-walk-through. One thing's for certain, I can't forget it.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

One of the best perfumes to wear when you want to send a clear signal that you NEED to be seduced. Immediately. Smells great the morning after, too...

Bandit
Bandit

Very strange, every time I sample it I get slightly sick after 1-2 hours. This sickness that comes from the brain, you know that? Maybe it's its linearity? I sample it over and over again, because initially I love the smell. I want to be able to wear it for a longer period of time. I even hunted for a bottle repeatetly. I feel totally schizophrenic. Bandit, this is a scrubber for you, even if you go on denying it! How often will I repeat sampling, feeling sick, scrubbing, denying, forgetting, sampling again?

It's so potent, after hours it's there like freshly applied! Yikes.

How can you tolerate to wear it one whole day at the neck? I'd die the perfume twilight zone death by it. Or get a weird sort of Alzheimer. Because this perfume really confuses me and not in a good way.

Now it's time again to scrub my hand...

Pooja37
Pooja37

This is one of the best fragrances from Dior and I have quite a few favorites in my collection but this does something special for me, especially in the dry-down. Nothing I have, and that includes some of the finest fragrances in my perfume wardrobe like Chanel 5, Mitsouko and Samsara, gives such a heavenly beautiful drydown on my skin.

To be honest, while I like the opening notes, I'm not ecstatic over them (very much like Belle d'Opium) but unlike Bd'O, the drydown of Addict is addictive... oh, so dreamy, very very beautiful. And the best part is that the dry-down stays for an amazingly loooong time - almost 12 hours!

While a lot of others may come and go, this one will have a permamnent place in my perfume collection, just so I can sniff the amazingly sensuous drydown time and again.

edviga.rama
edviga.rama

The best perfume was ever made,,sexy,seductive,sultry.If I have to be with just one perfume for the rest of my life,this would be the only one, dior Addict

mery09
mery09

Very long lasting,sweet but pleasant, jasmine and vanilla ,the base is quite similar with Poison,but this one is much sweeter. Nice for evening.

I was lucky enough to score a pre-reformulation bottle of this beauty. This fragrance is so unusual and interesting to me. It smells like incense, smoke, flowers, vanilla, and other notes I can detect but I can't describe. There is a slight medicinal greenish quality underlying the scent, and the sweetness is dark and smoky, not sugary. My coworker thinks this smells like pipe tobacco on me. I love that! Plus, this is strong and lasts all day!

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I like HypnoticPoison description below, especially sharp and agry vanilla. This is how I see Addict. Strong, harsh and absolutely gorgeous.
I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when I first tried it, opening can be a bit off putting, but it develops beautifuly. Dark, rich and sexy. Sillage and lasting power - amazing.

So yes, there I am seeing DA as a goth among my fragrances, and suddenly, one morning, a complete stranger stops me and says 'you smell beautiful, reminds me of my childhood, of a pudding my mum used to make' :)))

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

My perfect dirty/skanky jasmine & vanilla bomb! It opens sultry and smokey vanilla, infused blackberries and mandarin leaves, with a little something-something which i guess would be a like raw almond note. DA have this sledgehammer effect on your nose and you will just say, "wow!". Oriental. Potent. Velvety. Rich.

The sweetness of the vanilla is vulgar... gives off a "Dont-show-this-when-your-folks-are-around" vibe but, on the other hand, it is highly addicting, as it arouses your senses. Then after the crazy vanilla ride, it flattens out smoothly into this creamy, soft vanilla, like it just lounges beautifully around on your skin.

I sprayed this around 2pm today, and it´s been almost 10 hours and I can still smell the cloud of vanilla on me. Sillage is strong.

advabart
advabart

Such a creamy vanilla! Reminds me of sweet, warm milk pudding. Delicious, but quite linear.

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

A sharp, angry vanilla...
In the beginning it has a scary medical note, but after a while it becomes a mix of tonka bean and sandalwood. The vanilla is always there in the background.

This fragrance doesn't suit every mood. I love to wear it when I feel strong, but it is a little bit too much when one is calm.

After about 12 hours a warm, cozy vanilla is all that's left.

This perfume feels dangerous, but when you trust it, Addict shows you its beauty.

jessismithann
jessismithann

this had that cool tv commercial and a sexy name AND it lived up to that sexy name..
when it came out i could never justify spending so much money on a perfume but some how i always had one of those cute little 5ML bottles of the stuff, i honestly dont know how i kept getting those little bottles but i had one for everyone of my purses ;-/
my favourite perfume for going out anywhere special it just lasts all night and smells so sexy

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

I was not a great fan of this scent when i bought it, but anyway started to wear it sometimes and people were asking me all the time about it, so it was a kind of full success. Thanks to this fact im pretty happy with this perfume, it really works, but personally still "not in love"with it, just like

liiva
liiva

Very nice, warm oriental perfume. In winter perfect I think. Vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean gives so elegant, deep warmth. I personally can not smell white florals, but I think that they are very good blended, that is reason why I can not smell.
If someone searching something very similar,cheaper, but with more warmth and amber- Amber Elixir Night Oriflame for women

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

A night in front of the fire with my significant other - a black lace dress sexy high heels and a night out on the town in some secluded sophisticated place - an oriental spice box on earth - hints at unknown treasures - places never known and something seductive and unpredictable. These are the pictures and scenes this heavenly fragrance conjures up and calls vividly to mind and imagination!

Heavenly! - I love the vanilla and tonka bean - berries and flowers - I have the one in the silver box - guess that's not the reformulation and I hope the original stays around forever!

Huri
Huri

All time favourite! Its sweet and balmy, not the Britney Spears or escada type sweet, mystical and strong. slightly powdery at first, but it dies down to a pleasant fruity sweetness. Enourmous syllage and stays on forever! Its serious, like jadore, but younger and way sexier in my opinion.

Libran
Libran

I own this perfume and I absolutely love it. This is a feminine, warm sexy fragrance. I love the way it warms on the skin and the vanilla sweetness that lingers. It lasts for about 4-5 hours on me and becomes a sweet kiss on the skin after that time. This is not girly or frilly in any way, it is very sexy and I think more suitable for a confidant woman. Not at all heavy or cloying and suitable for day or night.

rachelcerq
rachelcerq

This perfume made it hard for me to breath comfortably. And unfortunately, it is hard to get off. The smell reminds me of cheap vanilla lotions girls would wear to high school in the 90s. That said, I think it's probably an okay scent for girls in that age category. It's just not for me.

mrsu
mrsu

I just bought this & have been wearing it all day.

On my skin, it doesn't seem to change over time. The scent reminds me of a smouldering, smoky 'dirty vanilla' (if you can imagine that!) which I REALLY like a lot.

Very pleased to have purchased this.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Finally had chance to really test this. Find it, well, ...meh.

Dry down seems pretty masculine, not really a problem, maybe more a surprise.

Overall I find it a really safe perfume. Not really a siren song, people are wearing this to the office, at least my office. Yes it's strong, but I live in the Arab Gulf region, so strong and sillage bomb are all relative.

At least my want list is shorter.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

It is a very strong scent. I think i was 2 young when i first used it (mid teens or so) and thats why for me it was a bit 2 oldish. My mother wore it better to be honest. Its a classic, but not sweet enough for my taste.

mpbrown
mpbrown

I cannot express how deeply I am in love with this fragrance! To me, on my own skin, it is the most delicious thing - it's spicy, it's warm, it's deep, it's smooth, it's comforting and it's sexy.... the dry down lasts forever and it has great sillage. My husband really likes this one on me as well. So far every fragrance I've tried by Dior has been amazing - my skin chemistry must just work with them.

lali29bee
lali29bee

I hate this. it reminded me of sesame seed oil. the vanilla was there but it was strange. it smelled like the perfume had gone bad.

LuizaNasta
LuizaNasta

This has been my signature perfume for the last 10.5 years. I truly got addicted.
For me, it was love at first smell.

I've always been into Oriental fragrances, but this is the most unique fragrance I have ever smelled.
It's very exotic to my nose; warm, spicy and not overly sweet. The combination of creamy rich vanilla with dark sandalwood and deep incense, is I think what makes it so appealing. It's seductive, alluring, mysterious, complex and hypnotic... I have never been able to resist it.
Absolutely exclusive and top quality perfume all around: there is nothing remotely similar out there to this dark, sensual and tantalizingly beautiful scent that lasts forever.
Perfection in a bottle!

A night fragrance.
One spray is enough to last for 12+ hrs... a little goes a very long way with this one.
Worth every penny.

I have bought many bottles over the years to always ensure that I don't run out. Now that I recently found out that it's been reformulated, I'm in a panic to find a big bottle of the 2002 version before it completely disappears!
Luckily I still have half a bottle left.

Why on earth would Dior destroy such an amazing masterpiece?!

Mindosity
Mindosity

This is one of my favorite fragrances. It is very sexy and alluring. I feel incredibly sexy when I'm wearing it. It is quite strong, so I prefer to wear it during the cold months. It is spicy, woody and very sensual, even a bit gothic.

YayashW
YayashW

I thought that I quite liked this when it settled to something yummy and sweet, with a garden in the background, but now I love this even more that the flowers have subsided (I'm not a huge fan of the smell of most flowers) to give way to something (the sandalwood, perhaps?) a bit spicier and sexier.
Alas, while it certainly doesn't smell anything like burning plastic on me, it FEELS like burning plastic. There is something in this that really stings my wrist.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Ok so after absolutely dying to try this aswell as Ange ou demon and Belle d'opium, I have now tried them all.
I really don't like any of them :( They are all way too mature for my taste and all I smell from each of them is old lady or hairspray.
I don't want to seem ignorant and say that these fragrances are absolutely disgusting in general, because they are only disgusting to my nose. Loads of people love them so I accept it.
Also tried Angel by TM properly too today and really don't like that either! I'll stick with Alien.
I'm definetly one for simple scents, as in, a scent with a fewer notes as possible in them. Alien has just three notes; Jasmine, Amber and woody notes. But all fragrances I fall in love with are unique and mysterious.
Anyway, back to Dior addict, was deeply saddened by not liking this scent as I really thought I would love it from the notes.

UPDATE: I think the one I tried was the new Dior Addict. Even so they are suppose to be very similar.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I had actually bought and tried the new 2012 version of this first because I couldn't find a bottle of the 2002 original version. It was love at first sniff. Then I was out one day and came across the original formulation! Score! This does smell very similar to the new formulation, but it's better. It's deeper, stronger and lasts longer than the new version. There is just a bit more going on with this one. With the new one, there have been notes in the scent that have been removed giving it a slightly watered down effect. I don't know why Dior would do this? Why change a classic fragrance? Maybe this was their attempt at trying to modernize it or an attempt to save some manufacturing costs? I have no idea. All I know is this perfume is a masterpiece! I am totally in love with it! My overall favourite perfume! It's a total knock out! You can't wear this and not be noticed. Very smooth and sexy! I'm a big fan of anything with a vanilla note in it and this fragrance does it better than any other. It's a vanilla lovers dream! If I could only wear one fragrance for the rest of my life, this would be it! If you can still find this discontinued version, don't hesitate to buy it. You'll be glad you did!

jeanbean7777

Gothic, dark, sensual......one of the notes is queen of the night flower....wear this when you want to rule over your knight! Doesn't smell good on everyone....so test it out. Smells like burning plastic on some. White flowers and vanilla shine beautifully with my chemistry.. So this one rocks ! This is a night time scent-late night scent. ....a scent where you plan to be up all night kinda scent. (Wink wink) ....the first twenty minutes are gross with this. Then the magical dry down comes in and it's breathtaking! I have never smelled this on another woman while out on the town. I smell tons of angel, flowerbomb, hypnotic poison, etc....no addict. Probably because it is a choosy scent chemistry wise. This perfume is amazing. Lasting power on me is amazing. Squirted 2 squirts at 5:30 last night. I can't believe 21 hours later I still smell a faint whiff of this on my wrists. Never saw anything last like this. So beautiful. Expensive but worth every single penny.

scentsforme
scentsforme

Love the bourbon vanilla powdery smell very long lasting even to the next day.
love love it.

babylima
babylima

spicy vanilla. i can understand why people find this sexy, but this is almost like too heavy and masculine for my taste. good lasting power though.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

I compare this perfume to a lover! Sexy and great in bed! Gets many compliments!

miss mills
miss mills

Soft, seductive, cosy, warm, this is very vanilla powdery - perhaps too much so for me to wear. Reminds me in a way of JPG Classique only in the sense of it being powdery - but Classique wins hands down as far as getting powdery right (for me, anyway). There is nothing safe about Classique, the powder is merely a ruse to draw you into exploring your carnal self!

I can imagine Addict being a great signature on the right person, gorgeous and highly sensual but a little too safe for my tastes. There's a slightly darker edge here that entices me but the vanilla holds it back. A nice winter fragrance but not really for me.

samloves
samloves

Spicy, sensual, sexy, cosy, comforting! Makes me smile. Think its a grown up smell. If you want to stand out from all the other ladies on a night out then give this one a go. I don't know any other perfume that smells anything like Addict. Comes with a high price tag though, but worth every penny.

superadorable2
superadorable2

I LOVE this perfume. Being a 22 yr old single woman working at a daycare, I always come home smelling baby-ish. Nothing wrong with that, but some days I do want to come home and not smell like baby vomit. This is the perfume for those days.

I love how I get the sense of being a baked good, without actually smelling like a baked good. I love the combination of Sandalwood & Tonka bean.

Mehach
Mehach

Although tonka bean, vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine are my favorite notes. There is sth too much about this perfume. It is too dark and too spicy almost masculine. I couldn't like it and I can't understand why girls are crazy about it.

simone.fatale
simone.fatale

This one was a big surprise. I expected something like Hypnotic Poison, almost unisex and very warm, cozy type of sexy. Instead I was intrigued with a mysterious blend of scents, definitely on the sweet side but not immature, cutie pie kind of sweet - definitely something animalistic about this perfume. Also, it's unmistakably feminine, and sexy in a totally different way than Hypnotic Poison.
The perfume gets really delicious 30 minutes after application, after a very strong first wave of an almost citrusy, fresh scent. The sweetness of vanilla and blackberry really start to kick in with a hint of deep mystery I can't really recognize - I guess it has to be the Night blooming Cereus with a hind of sandalwood to tone down the sweetness.
I see this perfume worn by girls and young women who are self confident in a very subtle way, not very loud but mysterous, yet flirty, sensual, and unpredictable! If you're into astrology, this screams 'Venus in Gemini' to me.
Definitely worth trying. I'd buy it again - I definitely will.

susana75
susana75

this perfume is one of the best vanilla scent , it's warm ,sweet ,posh ,elegant and sexy . I can get a lot of natural vanilla (not cheap synthetics like celebrities perfumes)
after a while a pretty mix of tonka beans ,sandal wood and Night Blooming Cereus which rare to fine it in perfumes ,lasting power is super, I can smell it in my clothes after a WEEK!! .I probably gonna addict to ADDICT !!

RedLady
RedLady

I came in from uni wearing this today and a little while later my sister asked me what I was cooking in the kitchen cos it smelled really nice. I said nothing. And she said “But I smell chocolate and vanilla” then she realised it was me! Found that rather amusing as Addict reminds me of chocolate, fudge and sweet candy things too! In fact, vanilla fudge, that’s what it is to me. Make no mistake though, whilst this is sweet, it is still adult and quite dark. Lovely dry down and great longevity. One that gets you noticed for sure.

A feisty Oriental fragrance with loads of personality! Wild! Daring!Rebellious and adventurous!
Best men's trap :P Night out,romantic dinner,flirt...Dior Addict is a perfect choice for evening wear.
It is a strong,intoxicating ,almost medicinal at the beginning smell that turns into something magnificent, tempting and mind-blowing! Total knockout!!!

Lorina001
Lorina001

To me this smells really sensual and confident, but dark! I could imagine wearing it to go out!

isenseincense
isenseincense

I love it, but its dirty! When you want to be dirty this is just the ticket!

blue_belle
blue_belle

Such an amazing perfume. I was lucky enough to find a bottle of the old formulation in my mom's bathroom, and she let me keep it.

It's mostly a vanilla scent on me, with just enough sandalwood and spicy notes to keep it interesting. Instead of a big, sexy scent, I think it's very comforting and homey. It also lasts forever (2-3 days on me). Good job, Dior!

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

This starts out very, very powdery and strong. After a half hour, the vanilla breaks through and remains throughout the entire wear. The powder with vanilla smells soft and coy, but as the powder gradually lessens, the vanilla becomes sweeter and stronger to the point of nausea. I end up keeping my wrist away from me just so I don’t gag over the sweet, sticky, syrupy vanilla smell.

Around the 90 minute mark, the sandalwood and tonka bean finally mix with the vanilla, making it warmer and alluring and, yes, sexier. It’s still smells sweet, but at least it doesn’t smell like syrupy vanilla. My nose doesn’t catch any of the floral middle notes. It’s like the vanilla just jumped forward, snuffed out and smothered any floral trying to pop out, and then had to wait for the other base notes to catch up. I do like oriental fragrances with a nice dose of warm vanilla, so I actually really really like the tonka bean, sandalwood, and vanilla mixture--very inviting and delicious! There’s something about the initial powdery opening that reminds me of JPG Classique (without the star anise), and there’s something about the vanilla/blackberry dry down that reminds me of Hanae Mori Hanae Mori.

Sillage is impressive, and maybe overly so! In other words, I would worry more about nauseating others around me before I worry that the scent trail isn't strong enough. It also lasts for several hours. Overall, I’m a fan of the dry down, but not the first couple of hours—too powdery and sweet for my taste. I think it is best used in cooler weather and evening. It’s warm, deliciously sweet, and sexy, but I'm not in love enough to buy a full bottle. 4/5

ZELJO

to me it doesnt smell feminine at all,infact I find it rather masculine than unisex,isnt a bad scent but too genieric smell for my taste

freddinos
freddinos

This is the bomb I would wear in the winter if pressed to wear a heavy perfume. Spicy vanilla is blended nicely with white flowers, while incence is burning somewhere in a woody background. A masterpiece of its time but to be worn with caution: one spray is enough otherwise you might cause headaches to innocent victims!

ice_storm
ice_storm

My signature perfume, my company in my most glorious moments...!

I have an edgy, adventurous and 'dark personality, also loving my feminine nature and its charm and mystery... and this is my 'soulmate', so to speak. It is dark, powdery, it has some incense in it, extremely well polished (stylish!) vanilla and not much sweetness at all... It compels me to do the smokey eyes makeup and just hit the twee nightlife spots... It's beautiful from start and til its very last bit.

Vanilla + tonka bean + sandalwood - an ideal trio for me!! and yes, there is the incense as well. Very sensual but never vulgar, more serious than playful, very much smoked and alluring, and with a feel of danger to it... It's really hard to find the words to describe my all-time favorite! Thank you Dior!

freshcultureshock
freshcultureshock

Holy Freakin Cow! This is Amazing stuff! Tried it on last night, and it is very sensual yet comforting at the same time. This would be use in a fine dinner with a very special loved one.

wbp
wbp

This is not a girly smell, it's deffenetelly dark, sexy and dirty smell for real woman. I like it very much but think it's little bit too sensual and heavy for everyday use and not for all ages.

modernmabuse
modernmabuse

Gerçekten çok etkileyici, sıktıktan sonra ona biraz zaman vermelisiniz; yoksa bu ne ya deyip es geçmeniz mümkün. Kalıcılık ve fark edilirdik konusunda şunu belirtmeliyim ki bundan daha kalıcı ve fark edilir bir parfüm var mıdır dünyada, bilmiyorum. ZAMK kelimesinin karşılığı kesinlikle Addict'tir. Bu arada hanım hanımcık, saçında tokası, kendi halinde işine gidip gelen biriyseniz bu parfümden uzak durun! Çünkü karşınızda bir CANAVAR var...

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

Add me to the very small list of those who do not like this perfume. I couldn't get it off my wrist fast enough. The vanilla drydown was a bit more tolerable than the first burst of very loud chemicals. I was so excited about trying this one; I am so disappointed that it didn't work for me.

chinna

Something about this perfume reminds me of christmas :P

alanav09
alanav09

OH MY - its soooo dark and sexy. for the powerful woman. DEFINITELY going on my list as soon as i use up one of my 'going out' perfumes.

Scrilla
Scrilla

Creamy and mysterious. So strong I rarely use more than one spray and fragrances don't normally stick to me well. I love it but understand how it can be hated. The dry down is very sweet and feminine, and normally when I get the most compliments from men. Women seem to love this any time, and I get comments on it regularly. I got shy about wearing it, however, after a girl commented on it reminding her of someone she knew and she guessed the scent right away. It's very distinctive and unique and that can be a good or bad thing.

edited to add: I do love all Dior perfumes and this is one of my favourites. I prefer Hypnotic Poison but it was the signature of my best friend. I can't think of anyone but her when I meet people wearing it, therefore I would never want to wear it myself.

mellie
mellie

It´s perfection in a bottle, the combination between blackberry and vanilla it´s delicious, very dark and sensual. Very long lasting, very femme fatale. a must have for every perfume lover. Just perfect.

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

this has been my go-to perfume for parties at night for about two years now. a little bit can go the whole night. sometimes, i can smell it on my clothes even after laundry lol it is very sensual, sexy, seductive, rich, and dark. it makes a strong statement in a subtle way. walk in a room wearing this, it's hard to not catch people's attention! i'm deeply in love with this classic <3

negasarah
negasarah

I bought this on a whim at Walmart on clearance a few years ago. I was surprised how pleasant it was. It is very rich and spicy, I got lost in the smell. It is worth trying for sure.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

Very strong fragrance, interesting mix.

RGR
RGR

This is a fragrance for unique personalities. This is kind of like wearing an expensive hat.... you either wear the hat or the hat will wear you.
I imagine this woman keeps everything in a wooden, amber colored, walk-in closet that has expensive leather seats and vases with white flowers. You get blasted by the strength of these notes and also by the fruits in the beginning but the end is so warm and soft. The dry down is just a spectacular combo of flowery woods and smoky vanilla. Maybe her lover is a smoker. In this case a very, very light smoker.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I'm not too fond of this. I sprayed it at the department store. I was going to purchased this at the Wholesale store but glad I didn't. It has a dusty rose smell on me. Smells very old fashion and too mature for me. It's also very strong and the silage is very good. Wished I like it, I'm very much a rose type.

BeautifulDynamite

Finally bought it! Totally worth it! Love it love it love it!

So worth waiting for. :)

bailarina
bailarina

This is the only grown up perfume that I have that I love. It smells like nothing I smelled before. It's a good combination of vanilla, sandalwood and flowers. It's sexy.

desislava_nikolova
desislava_nikolova

xjulietdx:"This is amazing to seduce a man on a night out." Maybe man can be seducted by Addict, but definitely prefer to seduct myself with it :))I don't like too sweet smells at all. Prefer fresh, woody, musky, amber, citrusses, vanilla, gurmand, but not sugary and candy notes. And yes in the first 20-30 minutes it's too strong and specific. After that comes the magic! I am totally fascinated by this aroma and the more it stays on my skin the more it opens in addictive way. And not just this Dior's smell. I am totally keen on Dior parfumes - jadore, dune, the poisons ... I love you Dior!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is no doubt among the best vanilla-based scent ever made! Strong floral-powdery scent, but so refine, sexy and seductive. One or two sprays would last the whole day. A super long lasting fragrance with a superb silage! Worth buying!

rainydays293
rainydays293

I grew up wondering why my sister (who is 10 years older than me) always smelled so AMAZING. Her room, her clothes, her bedding.. everything was delicious. I found myself sneaking into her room when she was out in the hopes of discovering the magical origin of the heavenly scent. When I was 16 my sister gave me an old bottle of her signature perfume as she was given a new full bottle and had plenty to spare. To this day, dior Addict is my favourite perfume and always holds the same mystery that had intrigued me as a child.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

While shopping at Ulta recently, I saw this fragrance and remembered being intrigued by the reviews I saw on this site. I tend to gravitate towards warmer, woodsy scents, and the idea of a warm, smokey vanilla perfume added Dior Addict to my list of scents to test.

I have to say right out of the gate that this is one of those perfumes each person needs to try on the skin. There is no review that will be able to prepare you for the experience of wearing Dior Addict - not a scent to buy blind! In my case, this experience was far from being love at first smell.

Something about the top notes was absolutely awful on me! Something really clashed - I am thinking it must be the mandarin. I was left with a plasticky, synthetic, painfully heavy scent, and I thought I might have to wash it off (even though that is against my personal perfume testing "rules" since a scent can evolve so much). I decided to tough out the rough inital impression, and sure enough an hour or so later the scent mellowed and a beautiful soft vanilla-floral blend emerged. It was quite a unique smell, and I really liked it. The longer I wore it the better it got, and the base really is a beautiful, smokey scent that I wouldn't hesitate to call sensual. The way the base notes linger on the skin is delicious.

Unfortunately this is one time I am going to say that the initial spray is too much for me, and I will not be buying a bottle of this perfume. I am disappointed because the middle and base are so beautiful, but I don't think I can handle waiting more than an hour for the scent to settle in this case.

Another side note: for anyone who may remember Bath and Body Works' discontinued Vanilla Noir, Dior Addict's top notes/inital impression reminded me very much of Vanilla Noir. After about an hour the similarities disappear, but I thought it might be a helpful comparison for anyone who has tried Vanilla Noir, as they were so similar on my skin (another scent I wanted to love but just couldn't).

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

I really reaaally wanted to love this, i got soo many recommendations and saw the good reviews on this, so i went and tried it out. i had in on my wrist for half a day but it just smelled like a second hand store to me :( soo sad

BeautifulDynamite

I was at Ulta the other day and dear Lord...

This perfume needs to get into my life. It's the perfect blend of all my favourite smells. Unbelievably sexy, rich, and sophisticated. I'll have to save up my money for this one.

nadia11
nadia11

I tried Dior addict for the first time this weekend. It is absolutely amazing. It makes me feel very feminine and sensual. Such a beautiful combination of orientals, vanilla and orange. I just adore it, and can see this being my signature fragrance. Beautiful!!!! Definitely for evening wear or anytime you want to feel really special!! Definitely addictive!

Alitabliss
Alitabliss

After reading all these good comments I will try it for sure :)

vergil_s
vergil_s

One of the greatest hits from Dior Company!
Very lovely and pleasant sweet woody oriental perfume.
I'm not fan of oriental and vanilla perfume bud this one is something unique.
Every women and even men should try it!
The stunning mixture of warm tonka , creamy sandalwood and sweet vanilla, that balance very well together! and a bit of floral note.
It's very seductive and deep fragrance.
I Highly Recommended this one.
Long lasting. 10/10
به نظر من این تقریبا بهترین کار زنانه ی کمپانی دیور ه.
یه عطر چوبی و شیرین با کمی نت گلی.
بخش اصلی عطر ترکیب خارق العاده ی دانه ی تونکا و چوب صندل به همراه وانیله.
همه چیز خیلی خوب با هم ترکیب شدن.
واسه قرار ها و عصر ها مناسبه.
موندگاری خوبی داره.

JSC
JSC

I don't know....wearing this today and it is a nice scent it is just forgetable....nothing unique.

I always 'test' my new scents...I put this on this morning (tester) and waited for any of my 9 family members to mention how nice I smell and not 1 person said a word about it all day. To me that is a bad sign. I will not purchase a full bottle.

angeldoll
angeldoll

It's perfume for real women. For mature women. It's sweet and heavier scent. It's the start of vanilla and creamy blackberries. Later, when I smell it, I feel pure caramel ! I do not know how this is possible but it is ! Energetic exciting caramel. Sillage is great. And yes,Addict has one of the most beautiful perfume bottles ! :)

maja314
maja314

A couple of days ago I smelt this perfume on the girl sitting next to me on the train. I was actually quite disappointed at first because I thougth she was wearing one of my all time favorite perfumes: D&G for women, the one with the red cap which was launched in the nineties. There was something very similar to it. But it took me almost an hour to get by the shock of realising that for all these years I might have been wrong liking D&G because now I didn't like it as much, the perfume smelt so flat, and beyond the obvious sillage not so much interesting. Great relieve flooded me when I asked her what perfume she was wearing and she answered: DIOR Addict. So all in all, because it reminds me of D&G I might ever buy it since that perfume has been discontinued but it will never ever give the same olifactory pleasure I am sure.

jokereytonel
jokereytonel

One of my all time fav's from one of me favorite designers

Lushylori

I totally love this Perfume.
Wow!
Yum!
I'm addicted for sure :)

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

This fragrance is very lovely. It makes me feel elegant and sophisticated when I wear it.

midnight rose
midnight rose

I ADORE IT!!!this is the perfume which can drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its my mystic perfume,so sexy,so mysterious!oh lala!caramelized blackberies!!!!the sex in a bottle!so sensual,so seductive!its a killer!!!!!!!!!

LIONKING404
LIONKING404

that is realy is amazing perfume

mandasue5
mandasue5

I don't get any oriental or any woodiness - for me it is mostly a kind of synthetic vanilla, extremely powdery and the slightest hint of florals. I don't get any depth to this.

It lasts quite a long time but the smell on me is awful.

sria

SECOND REVIEW: i am still madly in love with addict. but for those of u who have never smelt it, go buy the lipton spiced chai, make the chai with ample milk and crunchy dark brown sugar and u will get an idea of what addict smells like. but the chai is just the beginning..

a drop of addict will show u the real magic... definitely my wedding scent...

danielellarby
danielellarby

Dior Addict is truly amazing!
When I first sprayed it on my hand I fell in love! I was expecting a dark, dry scent but instead I got a dark, sinister, sexy, sweet-floral perfume.

I love how the perfume is conjured into a dark floral base and coated with a thick sweet layer of pure sexyness! I also love the bottle!
This perfume is a wow!

dasparfum
dasparfum

bu kadar direkt alkol kokmadan oldugu gibi kokan parfum.. kalıcı. ız bırakan yumusacık. ve cok etkili. ve en guzel yanı; insan kendi kendini koklamaya doyamıyor. bir parfumde istenilen her şey var. sık sık burnuna kokuyorsun :]

swtcandy
swtcandy

I'm in my early 20s and this smells too sensual and intoxicating. It is very seductive but that just doesn't match my personality or style. It's fitting for a more mature, confident, and sexy woman. I tried layering it with Laduree Rose body lotion and it smelled even sexier, but I just can't pull it off (yet). haha;)

AMDs44
AMDs44

I'm really confused about this fragrance
I found some bottles of the original formula and sprayed some on my clothes, It smells absolutely beautiful warm, sweet, just perfect

but as you know Dior has such a high price tag and I'm a middle class student who doesn't work to earn money, So I was thinking about the new formula if it smells the same I won't rush and buy the old formula Off course there's no new tester but luckily I had the chance to smell the new formula which smells very very similar to the old formula !!!

blueviolet
blueviolet

Drrrrty bourbon vanilla. I have now sniffed the old and new version. They are very very similar. Perhaps cos I expect it there might be more pronounced woody notes in the old one. But then we are splitting hairs here. Maaaaaaybe the vanilla is more authentic as well. But i never had the same lovestory with addict as many die hard fans. I ordered a small bottle of the old one and I like it alot. Its sexy no doubt. Let a new romance begin!

yidansheng
yidansheng

I wasn't expecting such a fragrance adapting itself so much into the notion of "Addict". Certainly, I was shocked by my first sniff: dark, mysterious, well-balanced and sexy.

main notes: helioptrope, vanilla, rose, peach, tonka, patchouli, grapefruit, sandalwood, anise.

Hija
Hija

I tried the "new" scent at the local perfumery - and to my nose there was no difference from the version in the silverbox and this new one...(first impression - might be wrong? )

auroramaria

For Oiki: the trouble is it is difficult to find a reformulated tester, in all the stores I have been I only found old testers next to the new Addict bottles.
Now I wonder why that is.....

oiky
oiky

I have worn this almost daily since 2003. I was studying in Paris and wanted to find a scent that would remind me of my time there and this was it! It has become my everyday perfume because it lasts so long and by the time I get to the office it settles into something lovely. It's powerful and mysterious and finishes in such a warm place.

I'm so sad to just discover that it has been reformulated. (I must have bought my last 3.4 right before the switch!) I need to try and find a tester of the new formula to see if I can detect the difference, but I'm sure after wearing it for almost 10 years I will be able to. I'm crushed; I was hoping to wear this forever!

auroramaria

About an hour ago I was in a well known perfumery in Milan and as I was there on a sniffing trip I thought of asking if they had any bottles of the 2002 Addict left in stock.
The SA looked at me if I was on drugs, she showed me the new version bottle and she told me that the juice had remained the same and that she did not even know of a reformulation of Addict: my cat knows more about perfumes then these untrained people do. I used to work for Guerlain at Harrods and loved taking care of customers and tried always to be informed of latest trends in perfumery.
Needless to say I am having a hard time finding an original bottle of my beloved Addict.

foxy_princess

DANGEROUSLY sexy. Definately not for under 20s!!!!!! :) Spicy, foody, oriental. I wear this on breezy Summer nights or in winter

I tried this one in a perfum-shop and I'm dissapointed. Tonkasweet, tonkadeep, tonkabase with a great splash of Vanilla but it fades very quickly from my skin. Expensive perfum and gone wihtin 1 hours - that's bad! Very skinclose. A very nice scent but not worth the money - in my opinion. There is alot of other tonka/vanilla oriental perfumes to a better price out there.

Jag provade denna i parfymaffär idag - rejält besviken. Tonkasöt, tonkadjup, tonkabas med en rejäl dos vanilj men den bleknar väldigt fort från min hud. Dyr och exklusiv doft som är borta inom 1 timmar - riktigt dåligt! Mycket hudnära. En trevlig doft men det finns en mängd andra tonka/vanlij oriental-inspirerade dofter till mycket bättre pris än denna.

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

This will probably make absolute no sense to anyone but myself, but when I smell Dior Addict I think of melted barbies mixed with vanilla. It's very synthetic, creamy, and alluring. I'm not a fan of synthetic smells, but this blows me away! In a very good way of course.

janmarianna
janmarianna

The first time I smelled this jewel was on a friend- as soon as she entered I said to her -Oh my God if I was a man I would jump on you :)) such a sexy passionated smell,it really makes you think of wild nights.. that night I knew I had to have it in my collection and I did :)
I could say its the twin sister of dior hypnotic poison not that they smell the same but to me they have the same results if u know what I mean ;)

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

My local drugstore has 2 bottles of Dior Addict left on the shelf... one in the new white box and one in the famous silver box aka non reformulated version. same price of course. Muhahahaha. Mine now!!

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

It is a sensual and mysterious scent. Combines with the night ...

É um perfume sensual e misterioso. Combina com a noite...

madam_dallas_multipass
madam_dallas_multipass

It looks like idiots from IFRA banned the use of some natural components, like oak moss, the absolute of jasmine, citrus oils, Heliotropin etc, in fragrances, because they may cause allergies. So many famous perfumes had to be reformulated, including this one...

ThePixie
ThePixie

This is a nice gourmand scent, but so synthetic that it gave me a headache. It's very rich and long lasting (one spritz will do it), a nice amount of sweetness, very floral and vanilla. The main floral I pick up on is orange, but it's a very creamy, sweet orange blossom and with the dark, rich vanilla and spicy wood, it all blends beautifully.

This is the perfect evening scent for the right person, though not for me. If my body didn't decide to hate it I could see myself wearing it on rare occasion for evening events, but it's really a bit too sweet and synthetic for my taste, unfortunately.

s_athena
s_athena

When this first came out in 2002 I remember smelling a sample in a magazine (probably Cosmo - I don't think Seventeen would have had an ad for this one, or at least I hope not). That first sniff was my first intro to real adult sex appeal, something I could aspire to wear. Gourmands like Angel and Hypnotic Poison were everywhere in the late 90s and were way too strong for my nose and not at all sexy. Come on - white chocolate, licorice, root beer? PLAY-DOH? For me those are strong scents with no maturity, like a grade-school idea of sex, the kind you'd expect to see coming from a 12 year-old prostitute. The more recent fruity iterations of this trend are even worse, like a middle-school girl swimming in Victoria's Secret body sprays. I don't like my sex to smell pedophilic, thanks.

Addict was a whole different animal. Literally, it smelled animal to me. This was exotic, musky, and decadent - womanly sex appeal I could aspire to without smelling like my mother's Coco or my grandmother's Poison. The vanilla and dark berries were sweet but with a swift kick of spice and incense smoke - a hint of dark chocolate thrown in maybe, but more Belgian bittersweet than Hershey's. This was what I wanted to wear clubbing in New York when I was old enough, but I never had the funds to buy it for myself (high-schoolers can't or shouldn't shell out $100+ for a bottle of anything, and even if old enough in college she probably needs to save her money still). Now that it's been reformulated I'm in a mad dash to find a big bottle from 2002 before it disappears, because I'm scared after all the reviews saying the new version is crap. With as seldom as I go out "clubbing" anymore, and with my oily darker skin's tendency to hold onto fragrances for dear life (Seriously, I put on Marc Jacobs, a "light white floral", at 5pm yesterday, and it's still broadcasting this morning - I'll have to scrub this one off before work!), a 3.4 oz EDP of this will last me forever. It'll have to, sadly :-(

NOTE: for all those desperate to find this one, you likely won't find this in any store (When Dior reformulates, they recall all the old bottles from the stores that sell it. I know, WTF right?!). For something like this, Ebay and others on the internet are your best friends, even if you have to settle for a tester bottle like I did.

mladyraven
mladyraven

It was my favorite perfume in the world. I started buying it in 2001 and used it until 2007 when it got to expensive. I am reading the reformulated it... why, it was perfect! I wish they would sell the testers again. I don't care about the box or fancy top I want the perfume

Every where I went people would say what are you wearing you smell amazing! I miss it! Maybe someday I will find it at an outlet or online at a reasonable price. I have tried men's and women's and it is still my favorite at least on me!

Di_berry
Di_berry

What a perfect named fragrance! Absolutely addicted to it! My suggestion is to wear it only when you feel very confident with yourself, those days when you feel like eating the world, well, for that days, otherwise It will end wearing you. Of course I´m talking about the "old" one, I don´t have the reformulated...
Other thing: One spray and fits the room! Great projection! I think this one could suit very well to some men...

noninoni
noninoni

Just found a number of vintage bottles circa 2001! Bought myself one, wondering though if it is too old... Compared it to the 2012, 2001 smelled much better. Not sure why Dior reformulated this

jolla
jolla

i just have one thing to say about this fragrance L-O-V-E!

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

Recently I purchased Pure Poison and made it my signature scent; however, I have been obsessing over Dior Addict since my last visit to Ulta Beauty. IMO, PP is delicious for everyday wear but I wanted something with more heat, rich vanilla notes and a little spice for evening and dates with my hubs. Addict fills that role perfectly and I am in heaven <3<3<3
I cannot wait for the cooler weather of Fall to see how this scent reacts. As good as it smells today, I imagine that cold temperatures will make this one truly sing. This is definately top drawer...well done Dior, well done!

**update**I am on the computer reading (reviews on Fragrantica of course!) and my hubs comes in the kitchen and asks "what are you baking in the oven"? I tell him "I'm not baking anything" and he swears to me that I must have a warm apple pie in there...that is when I smile to myself realizing he has been captivated by MY warm, lovely,sexy/spicy Dior Addict scent..come and get a slice of this baby!!

auroramaria

sorry guys I must have pushed submit with a heavy hand

estrellita
estrellita

Truly captivating velvety vanilla, lightly touched by spicy orange blossom. Oriental floral. Thick, creamy scent that envelops around you a very seductive cloud. Very intoxicating, very sexy, very ADDICTive.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

One of my favourite perfumes, i'm quite obsessed with this!

Yes it's heavy on first spray, but give it 15/20mins then it's beautiful.
Creamy, dreamy and seductive. Lasting power is phenomenal, and the bottle is gorgeous.

Edit:-

The new reformation version to the newbie perfumista would smell identical, however there's definitely quite a difference between the two.
I have both and it's took me a while to really sniff it out. They both smell good, ain't no doubt about it. However there's definitely issues with sillage and longevity. Pre reform is super rich, powerful boozy vanilla with a dark smokey background. It lasts well over 24hrs.
It's deep, spicy, and sexy....It's expensive but it's worth it!

I've seen loads of vintage on eBay, any bottle without the gold band is the one you want.

Azrael
Azrael

I tried it today and unfortunately this scent is too heavy (very powdery and citrusy).. at least at the beginning. But as it dried down, it became more soft and really nice.

All in all I still would not buy it, since my first impression wasnt WOW! Maybe in a couple of years though. I think this perfume is for ladies above 25.

sweetiepea161616

Addict is right! I finally got my hands on this older formulation and I am thrilled! (Except for the fact that it's so hard to come by now!) This fragrance is undeniably sexy. I get whiffs of it every few minutes, which I love. It's hard for me to find a fragrance strong enough or long lasting enough where I can smell it throughout the day, but Addict totally does it! I'm really surprised this is categorized as a floral oriental, as the main note I pick up is of course the vanilla. I would call this a vanilla oriental. Regardless, it's darn sexy, long lasting, and completely magical. And my favorite part is that just like with my beloved Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, the more it sits on your skin and the more you sweat, the better it smells! It's the perfect clubbing scent for that reason (and of course because men always go wild for vanilla, for some reason ;)) A+++++++

Edvina
Edvina

DISLIKE it.
to heavy, i feel bad all day when i wear it.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I don't even know what to say about this MAGICAL scent .

It's so so so addictive . It's strong but still soft and it's so "lady-like" .

I feel like a billion dollar when I wear this beautiful thing .

This is the "new" (even if it's not that new) Poison by Dior.

Every woman should have a bottle of Addict .

sweetgirl

@cozycat.....i have both versions...its the same drydown....i believe the 2012 version..the only very slight diffrence..is the top notes are just a touch fresher and thats it..overall same exact scent...:)I like stuff that lasts on me so i go heavy scents most of the time..if they dont lasts i give them away or return no matter how they smell. :)

chowchow41
chowchow41

When i was younger, you and i didnt mix. Now at age 42 i tried you again. It was love within first spray. Tonkabean, vanilla and lovely sandelwood mmmmmmmmmm. Excellent longivety and sillage. I wish to own a botlle of you sexy thing. Soon.

CozyCat

Now I know for sure that fragrances that are heavy on TONKA BEAN are not for me! They always develop into a certain cloying, heavy, synthetic smell...a smell I can describe further as: thick, balmy, chemical and claustrophobic. Addict is one of them. Roberto Cavalli the new EDP is another, I also sense it's domineering presence in Alien's drydown, and it's also present in Jasmin Noir, and to a more tolerable extent, L de Lempicka. It's not my chemistry, it's my nose, because I've received a few compliments after spraying Addict on my wrists from a friend's bottle. But all I could personally smell in Addict is a ton of heavy, dark, muggy TONKA sweetened with vanilla with a splash of tart blackberry juice added. It gives me the psychological effect of being 'weighed-down'.

I would really like to try the just-released EDP version of Addict though...I hope I'll have better luck with it!

Update Jan 2014: Yes, I still dislike old Addict, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new version!! It is similar to this one but smoother, more elegant and sensual, far less woodsy...and I discovered that I actually love tonka bean as a note, the big offender in this scent for me seems to have been a combination of sharp/rough wood notes and just too much blackberry.

LeaB
LeaB

I loved Addict when it came out, I bought it as a comparison to Boudoir - strong, seductive. It certainly has lived up to my expectations. However, as my taste change, I notice coconut in this! Still a good fragrance though.

sweetgirl

JUST LOVE ! A STAPLE FOR ME!

tei
tei

my sister gave me one of those mini bottles,i tried it and it was too strong for my taste. i gave it to my friend and i don't think she likes it either :-(

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Today I tried Dior Addict on one arm and Dior Pure Poison on the other and waited for awhile to see how the scents would develop. Addict came on top and was the one that my nose noticed the most while I waited. It was strong, but at the same time soft. On my skin it was soft and warm, like a hug. I'm not a professional on the different notes, but the way it seemed to me, the blackberries and creamy vanilla seamed to mix lovely to make that wonderful soft, warm scent. Maybe a touch of jasmine too. I just wanted to smell my Addict-arm forever and ever. Wonderful perfume! I say it's a perfume of the seducer. :-)

Migalex
Migalex

To me it smells very much of woody cinnamon, which is probably due to the tonka bean. I do not find much more about it. I do like the scent of cinnamon very much and for that reason I do like this scent, although not as much as the scent of cinnamon on its own, which is much more opulent, full, powdery and sweeter, despite the vanilla in addict. It is probably the woods in Addict what turns its opulence down. Apart from that I do not see anything special about it, and definitely not a quality of the same level of its price. I find it a bit tiring and oppressive. It is not a perfume I would wear often, only now and then, on some particular occasions, according to my mood.

dehdalbosco
dehdalbosco

I had a friend who wore this fragrance to go at parties and I always asked to use too because I just loved! it was love at first sight. its not for teens, its more a sexy scent for mature people. my sister-in-law was traveling and brought me a bottle of 50ml and I freaked out. The thing that I most feel about this fragrance is vanilla and the woody but sweet scent, which I love. I use more at night and at parties or important meatings, it is a scent that represents a strong personality and confidence. if used during the day, you can get a headache, cause its very strong. the lasting is very good, staying in my skin all day and does not change the smell, remains faithful til the end. bottom line, its a fragrance for confident and sexy people who want to be noticed! I really love!

SCENT - 8/10
LASTING - 9/10
BOTTLE - 9/10
(ps: about the spray system its important to say that there is a internal lock key that works spinning the top to right or left, so that way you dont waste the fragrance)

amber82
amber82

@Anja Karenina (edited, sorry i originally directed my comment at the worng person!) if you like the smell of your perfume then it shouldn't matter whether you have the reformulated version or not. It sounds like you do have the new version, but just because other people on here say it's crap, doesn't mean you won't enjoy it or you're not allowed to like it! I've bought reformulated versions of several perfumes and because I haven't owned them before, I've not missed the differences and I've enjoyed them immensely. If you wear the perfume and enjoy it, then that's all that matters :)

5354alice
5354alice

I get this one, in the purse size, as gift, and I don't like it so much....it's nice suitable to go out in the evenig but is also really so strong, not for me.

pomdgf
pomdgf

In my country, this perfume appropriate for the night only ! It's about climate. If someone wears this in the daytime I will get a headache. Don't get me wrong I love this perfume so much. So very vanilla and sweetest thing in the bottle. Trust me if you're a sweet fragrance lover take this I can guarantee u it won't let you down. I see pictures of this perfume such as Hot night, Dancing, Flirting, In the club and Sexy things. One of my favorites from Dior.

kalee23
kalee23

Looks like Dior applied some tough love (or cost cutting measures?) and sent their gorgeous "Addict" to rehab.
The end result is sad.
The once stunning heart and exquisite soul of the fragrance is now gone.
I'd rather they just stopped making Addict, or give it a new name... How about Clean and Sober?

nattychins
nattychins

I still got the original in a half bottle, maybe some note will gone someday but I'm gonna keep it anyway. Sadly....My Lovely one.

nannaje
nannaje

The reformulated crap, with gold ring, is diluted and too citrusy and has waaay poorer staying power and less vanilla. The drydown is a joke in comparison to the old one. I also think it smells more artificial and dry. SADness when my absolute favorite is destroyed. I looooved this one. I will miss it deeply. My boyfriend unknowingly gave me the new one for Xmas and I am out of the old one. *tears* R.I.P.

smellME
smellME

I had not tried this one when the hype about the reformulation started and was lucky to get a sample from a member. Thanks !
I really enjoy this to me - smokey vanilla.It resembles Nu EdT by YSL and CK Obsession in some ways.... So I sure understand why it is so popular and what´s the raving about !
What the smoke notes are coming from is to me a mystery , cause there is no insence listed here at Fragrantica. I really like it and think it tones down to a very lovely tonka and vanilla. I have a hard time sensing any heartnotes, so it´s all top and base to me.
These dark smokey vanilla´s are probably manteasers to the max and it sure is a delight to wear, for any parfumista around !
Funny , just seen that Dollycat has reviewed it´s twin sister by the time I wrote this.... :)

iill1986
iill1986

R.I.P. Addict
I'm so sorry :-((

Batey2008
Batey2008

Vanilla and rose musky delight. Just above average. Nice but not thrilling. A good parfume for work!

rubianeko
rubianeko

I was expecting something classier since it's a Dior, but this one was overwhelming and "dirty". I guess that's the sexy part of it, but I couldn't tolerate it.
I would totally see other types of women wearing it though - so I don't think it's a terrible perfume, just not for any girl.

btw someone compared it to Kenzo Amour, but I don't think they have anything in common (aside from vanilla). Kenzo amour is very subtle, very intimate, yet spicy and unique - in a soft way. Addict is more provocative and loud.

foxy_princess

Smell: Sandalwood,Vanilla and Jasmine dominate in this sultry and spicy scent. This doesn't smell floral at all! Very oriental, so I think the blue and gold bottle suit the scent beautifully, although it would also be good in a black bottle.

Age group: Definately not for under 25s! Very grown up and sexual scent, I'd be pretty worried if I smelled this on a 16 year old

Lasting power is 8-10 hours! Perfect for an evening on the town without topping up! You can leave this baby on the shelf at home without worrying if the smell will disappear - trust me it won't!

dadulka82
dadulka82

first spray-I did not think much to it and started to regret spending little fortune on this fragrance,
luckily it dried down to a beautiful smell, I could not stop smelling my wrist!
I love oriental floral smells, love the vanilla, love Dior Addict. Very addictive!!!

Bronny
Bronny

very strong initially, almost overpowering sweet, but fades beautifully to a pure vanilla smell. I like it a lot!!!

Grottola
Grottola

I'm surprised that no one here has noted the similarities between Dior Addict and Chergui yet. If you like Chergui by Serge Lutens, but you have cash flow problems (or can't access any for some reason), this is definitely a suitable alternative - for men AND women. A nice, sweet, resinous coumarin-fest for fans of orientals. Projects well and lasts an INSANELY long time on my skin. I like it, but of course I already own Chergui so I don't see any reason to buy Dior Addict.

dness92
dness92

Not sweet at all to my nose.
Smoky, heavy, leather and vanilla. I'd say a night at the opera, with a beautiful blue dress, pale skin and red lips. A statement perfume. Classy. Not everyday wear for definite. Even if you were one of those people who try to make a very evening perfume everyday one, this just wouldn't work.

Beautiful and intoxicating in a very peculiar way. Like sniffing that smoke from the pipe of the weird insect from Alice in Wonderland.

chinna

Its very sensual. I cant describe it It is an utterly feminine fragrance for any woman to use at night. Woody, but extremely sweet..

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

What an incredible perfume with so many pleasing notes! I feel special when I wear this, it's my secret mood-lifting weapon. It brings to mind a nutty, honey-drizzled dessert with a rich, sweet vanilla base. Sandalwood and Night Queen flower make an appearance as the fragrance dries down. I consider this a gourmand perfume because of the delicious vanilla and honey notes, the spicy nutmeg and cinnamon accord. If you like a fragrance that strikes a balance between sweet and sexy, you will adore this. There is nothing else like it!

yettb
yettb

Dark deep woody vanilla not sweet and not very floral to me. This somehow is like dark chocolate to me or some chocolate wine. I think it may be a little strong for work but I love it at night and do like to spray a bit on before bed It lasts very well and I have the new version so can't compare to the old I disagree with the LT TS review of this I think it is wonderful and also timeless not a teenager fragrance but one I think could be worn with no fear of 'old lady syndrome'

sameera
sameera

Legend perfumes

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I just bought the reformulated Addict for my birthday, and to my nose this smells exactly like the old formula. The sillage and longevity is still just as smashing as it`s always been too.

Addict is so very right up my alley with the spices, vanilla, incense, musk, sandalwood, the dirty darkness... It´s so God damn sexy. A true erotic modern masterpiece.
Definately not for the shy housewife clean types, this craves heels, lipstick and a figure hugging outfit.
L O V E L Y.

asd101
asd101

I've always been into Oriental fragrances with all that vanilla mmmm.... And i actually thought i would love this one because it's all about that. However, when i sprayed this on a tester, and let it to air dry - the smell was too intense. You know, i have sweet tooth - but this one was just tooo sweet and vanillary and powdery! really DEEP. I'm guessing that's what the smell should be like lol.
I just can't stand it though - it's like buying a really delicious looking vanilla cupcake knowing that it's gonna be really sweet and biting into it and.... u suddenly feel sick because it's just way too much!

I know some people might disagree with me but i guess it was maybe a little too intense for me. BUT, who knows - i may get round to this again in a couple more years and actually love it :) Never say Never.

Casi
Casi

I purchased Dior Addict about two years ago and my beloved bottle is running very low. Last week, my Mom was browsing the mall when she called to ask if I wanted anything. My nearly-empty bottle of Addict prompted me to ask Mom to get me a sample to hold me over. It wasn't until tonight when I was deciding on a scent that I took out my sample of Addict.

For the perfumes that I keep in heavy rotation, I keep labeled decants out and store my full bottles in my Japanese-style armoire. My "old" Addict decant has a few sprays left, but I decided to use some from the new sample. I've always admired Addict's blue-ish gray-ish pink-ish hue, so I grew confused when I looked at the new juice. I held both old and new up to the light and they are two totally different colors. The new is a nearly colorless faint shade of peach. This was odd...either I was given the wrong sample or (gasp!), Addict has been reformulated?!?Straight away and before spraying either, I came here to discover the latter. Normally I stay in the loop about these things but apparently, this reformulation is old news around here.

Reading through some of these reviews, it seems that some of you have declared this reformulation is total blasphemy while others insist that there is little or no difference. I apologize for the lengthy "prologue." Here is my review.....

Using the upside of both wrists, "retro" Addict is on the left, Nu-Addict is on the right. First, the good news. It is likely that casual users or those with noses that aren't as finely tuned will continue, as before, to enjoy Dior Addict. New and old smell very similar. The bad news (at least for me), is that "very similar" is just not frickin' good enough for me!

*MY* Addict is a sexy b!tch that makes a bold, slightly green entrance followed by some smokey-smooth vanilla that will leave a trail long after she mingles with Jasmine and Rose. *MY* Addict has a story that goes something like this...Earlier that day, the grass was being cut outside and she was nestled up to her lover as he smoked half of a Nat Sherman cigarettello. On her way here, her skin picked up a trace of the night-blooming jasmine growing next to the warm asphalt. By the time arrived, the small of her back had grown damp from the thick, humid summer air. Everyone told her she smelled incredible! What was she wearing? Six hours prior, she'd sprayed herself with the reformulated Addict.

In other words, Addict has been de-sexed. She's lost her earthy edge and she is too damn polite.

Reverie78
Reverie78

The masterpiece of Dior and I really mean it!!! Sweet, seductive, soft and creamy. Absolutely elegant and femminine. I difficultly select perfume but this one is in my list of priorities!

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Wow, I was surprised how nice this was. I've never been drawn to sweet vanilla fragrances before. This was yet another blind buy based on the notes. Even my son said mmmmmm when I sprayed it on the back of his hand. I do love orientals but this is softer than most in my collection. I adore it.

mimi88
mimi88

sex in a bottle..every time i wear it i go a bit wild i don't know why, it makes me feel sexy and makes me want to make sex :)
ech remembering the last time i wore on night out and kissing a boy in a club,and what a nonsense now it remembers me of that boy of that kiss
thats why i wear it only on special occasions or moments that is special for me
very deep and special perfume, so i guess if i would wear it everyday ir would loose it's magic to be the special one

Tulipano
Tulipano

I didn't like it at first! I have tried it many times. But then, I fell in love with it! It chases you deep till you surrender! You could not resist but love it deeply! It could be another signature fragrance! It is costy but is worth every penny! It is a perfect fragrance for all seasons!
I think this is going to be my wedding perfume!
Update:
This little treasure is finally mine!

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

All I will say about Addict is that I literally craved this when I was pregnant. I don't know if that means it is an endorsement. When I was pregnant an old chocolate bar I found in the trunk of my car also seemed appealing. Maybe inhaling all that intense vanilla fueled my appetite, or maybe it kept me from wolfing down even more food.

Six years later, the love affair with Addict is over. But my six year old son loves the stuff. It is his absolute favorite. I can't imagine why.

Mushana
Mushana

"here I am" this says! Can be overpowering if overdone, but in moderation the dry-down is feminine and alluring

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

FA-BOO-LUZ! I just tried this on at Macy's - and I don't get "oriental floral" at ALL. It's oriental woody all the way. And you know what? The drydown smells almost exactly like my now discontinued, scrumptious Herve Leger (the expensive original from Paris - not that cheap, alcoholy-stinky Avon *shudder* Herve Leger) (WHY Herve, WHY?)! Will be purchasing very soon. If you like the ORIGINAL Herve Leger...GET THIS. :)

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Personally, I get the mandarin leaf and the vanilla most of all. Kind of smells like a woodland cookie, if that makes any sense! Definitely a bit masculine, though. I like it, for what it is... very interesting, but not feminine, warm, or inviting. Far too "green" to be sexy, in my opinion.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I'm seriously tihnking about purchasing this gem. I tried it on today at the Dior counter and it smelled amazing on me. After that, it stayed a long time on my skin. It smelled like soft vanilla and spicy, but not overpowering.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Everybody loves this,the notes are my style,but they blend horrible on me...I smell like cheap old soap! Too bad!

nelso240
nelso240

I have been a fan of Dior fragrances since I was a little girl. My aunt introduced me to Poison and YSL Opium and I have been hooked on Orientals ever since. I have tried other perfume categories but they always seemed to soapy, syrupy, or "girlie" for me. I am extremely picky when it comes to my perfumes and I will usually stick with one or two for years. The last year or two I have been feeling very blah when it comes to fragrance...I just couldn't find one that "spoke" to me. Then, while in Florida at Epcot, I walked into the Guerlain and Dior shops in "France". I walked around, not very interested, as I already knew I loved Poison and was still upset with Dior for discontinuing Tendre Poison. Then I picked up Addict and felt like I'd been punched in the head. I am absolutely in love with this fragrance and can't keep from smelling myself. This is a scent that will work for me any time of the year. It was 85 and humid in Florida, it is 45 and rainy right now, and it works. I am head over heels for this frag. I wouldn't recommend it for some because it's the type of scent that could very easily wear you.

banshee3
banshee3

This was my fragrance for freshmen year homecoming dance-I paid more for the 1.7 ounce bottle of Dior Addict than I paid for my dress, shoes, and jewelry! However, I will always remember that yummy scent- it's like vanilla ice cream mixed with cinnamon incense. People would tell me (with a huge ear-to-ear grin) that I smelled like dessert. So, if you like compliments on how good you smell, wearing Addict is a sure-fire way to get them!

username101
username101

At first I didn't like it at all, but as I grew used to it, I find it to be very sexy, bold (character wise), exotic, and new. What I find really interesting about this perfume is that it opens as vanilla with a touch of wood (sandalwood) and amber, and then ends with a kind of citrussy/fruity notes. Normally it's been the other way around with most other perfumes.I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

brangie
brangie

I liked the opening and unfolding, but after ten minutes it's just an old ladies perfume to me. A bit synthetic somewhere, I'm no expert in smelling things. For the ones who really love it (why not me?), it lasts very long on the skin. Too bad, for me that is a longlasting intensely sweet powdery smell.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I like the drydown which a very deep-sexy-dark-rich vanilla but I cannot stand the artificial beggining :(
I wouldn't buy it because I wouldn't enjoy it from the beggining till the end.

vlora
vlora

I just bought Dior, when people hear the smell the like it, and ask me what's it, while i walk i hear people whisper about it how they like the smell and stuff..but when i spray it at the first time i just get a terrible head ache it is very strong, and that bothers me a lot, although i like the smell a lot.

Lushylori

I very much Like this one and I concur with Jellybeans review....I also went back about three times to sniff this Dark Gem :)
I'm looking forward to owning this one.
I love the woody mysterious scent That this one offers.
Best worn in the night time IMO :)
Recommended for sure.

Jellybean
Jellybean

vanilla, woods and incense. aaaaand quite addictive too. Had an opportunity to test it today, went back 3 separate times to take a sniff, two, or three. This is one perfect evening scent, pleasantly mysterious and just right, not too weak and not too strong. To add, I will be going back to check it out again, purchase -highly likely:)

kassinator
kassinator

This is a dressed to the nines scent that lets its presence be known. It's a full blown oriental with 80's leanings as a power perfume. A woman asked a sales associate which Dior perfume smelled similar to Coco Chanel and I just had to let her know it was Addict. Not that they smell alike, but they carry the same presence. The difference is that Addict is a little more upbeat and energetic brought on by the dark berries and pepper. It also has the staying power of a mack truck. When you want to exude confidence, spray on a bit of Dior Addict. (I seriously always get compliments when I wear this.)

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

This is exactly the same as Hypnotic Poison. I only smell vanilla, tonk a bean and sandalwood. A bit of playdoh.

Easy pass for me because it's too vanilla for my tastes. But again for someone who LOVES vanilla, this is a great choice. I only like vanilla.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Very nice! As mentioned, it reminds of HP, but it is better to my nose. No playdoh, a little sexier and spicier to me. LT & TS are only human, they are allowed to make mistakes. This one is definitely better than they think. SO MANY people, with great 4 & 5* taste typically, put this baby at the top of their lists!
And for good reason!

scent44
scent44

This is lovely. Warm and sensual. Most importantly, my husband loves it one me. To my nose it's a bit similar to Hypnotic Poison but more feminine. A lovely oriental.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

I bought this when it first came on the market,( I belive (if I remember correctly was the same time that borabora did) I had my mind set on BoraBora.. went in and sniffed and was very disapointed, then was leaving without purchasing, ran into the sales lady that asked me what I wanted, I explained to her this story, she then told me I was ''saucey'', which I thought was hysterical, then told me that I need addict..lmao ...sure sure. Took a sniffed and yes.. she was right I did need it. i didn't know why but perhaps this sales lady line wasn't a total lie lol. Well now sooo many years later, it's still on my top list, I would even say top 10 of all time new and old.

Sexy, alluring, soft yet not for the soft, and just ever so slightly masqueline. Verry addictive, so much so that after a few weeks I need to retreat and wear something very different. But I never dare give this one away I, like always.... find myself needing it shortly after and the cycle continues. And the dark blue of the bottle I love. I do actually pick up all the notes.. not just the vanilla.. but the nuance of blackberry that rare jamaican flower, the jasmine and the orange flower, and without a doubt... the creamy tonka bean and lush sandlewood. What a unique seductive scent. I never want to be without a bottle. IT's that good, and the sillage is perfect the longevity is amazing. This is one of those perfumes that the lotion is hardly ever desired because the perfume actually does the job that it's intended to do... that is to be detectable to others as well as stay on your skin. Clothing it lasts for weeks.

And as far as the reformulation? I hardly noticed! Srsly, I don't undersand why so many are complaining. I have a vintage bottle with still a tiny bit in it (i NEVER fully finish a bottle) and there's hardly a difference. People need to udnerstand that often a reformulation is done simply because flowers and other grown notes change over time, everything changes nothing stays the same. So sometimes changing it will make it smell more like it origionally did. Honestly I think they've done an excellent job keeping it true to the original scent. Ih've no complaints what so ever.

Nadia Beatriz

I think it´s about time to update my reviews about Addict, this is one of my favorite fragrances.. WEll in my skin I can´t smell any tonka bean,any sandalwood,and any blackberry either.. Well that´s ok, all I can smell is some deep and warm vanilla,at first when I first met addict I loved it,but I tought it was not for my age, it´s much mature for me, but then I bought it anyway when I heard it was about to be discountinued.. I thouht it may not be for my age right now, but it will be one day, so I bought(but about it getting discountinued it´s a lie)And now I don´t find it much mature it depends the clothes I wear , If I wear someting more classic, or sophisticated, I use addict, When I wear sportif clothes I won´t spritz on me the addict of course.. Right now I don´t think It is too much mature for me.. And when I wear it, everybody loves it, one of my friends asked me if she could bite my neck lool!! I love addict on me, and everybody else around.. I think every single woman should have this in her collection, I think I have the new formula since I bought it this year, and I think it´s perfect, don´t know how so many people don´t like it.. I would like to try the old formula,but I don´t think I would love it more than I do now!!

acv43
acv43

This fragrance is just delicious!
For me the main notes are vanilla, honeysuckle and ozone. But this is no ordinary sugary-sweet candy vanilla, this is a dark deep sensuous vanilla-mature and sexy.
the ozone is especially beautiful with the vanilla-- wearing this is like being caught in a vanilla scented thunderstorm :)
I love it so much!

elenian

I update my review cause i went to a perfume shop last Saturday and i smelled the reformulated one. I couldn't find any difference! I had the old one in my bag, i sprayed one hand with this and one hand with the new one. Honestly guys they were the same to me. Even after hours, they smelled the same.I forgot which hand had the new one on.

polinkasuperova
polinkasuperova

i had this frag in the past i used to love it i wore it in the winter time its a very good quality frag last forever the main notes are vanilla and citrus i might reconsider it in the future

elenian

Elegance in a bottle.Dark rich vanilla in a dark rich bottle.A smell you cannot forget or you are waiting with impatience to smell again and again...From a romantic dinner in a beautiful black dress to a rock bar drinking beer from the bottle wearing your all star converse. Its a treasure i was looking for.And i'm so glad i purchased it.Men go crazy with it...women too. What can i say? I am Addicted!

pfhope
pfhope

I used to wear Addict on evenings out in my mid-twenties when it first came out. Unfortunately I have been totally turned off this fragrance after being stuck on a train for 2 hours with a lady who must have bathed in the stuff. A little goes a very long way and to be honest now whenever I smell this perfume I think 'cheap and trashy'

edpjunkie

I agree.I believe that preference for anything, whether it's food, or movies is unique to each individual. That being said, there is an element of cohesiveness that a seasoned nose can detect. Often, perfumes will have an initial 'punch' in the topnotes that are meant to seduce the buyer. But, buyer beware. A seasoned nose can tell you whether the structure of the fragrance is competent. There have been many times that I was seduced into buying a fragrance, only to be repulsed by it just a few weeks later. The ones that LT and TS gave high marks to, generally!, are well constructed and stand the test of time. Of course though, there will always be exceptions....so have fun figuring out which ones you love, and enjoy looking for those HTF scents that didn't even make their cut! :)

mylancome
mylancome

I don't care a bit on what Luca Turin said. Of all beautiful perfumes I encounter, he said sucks, perfumes that I not very satisfy, he said fantastic. So this is a very personal thing. I won't trash perfumes that I don't like that ignorant guy did.

alyaa
alyaa

I dont understand why Luca Turin reviewed this unfavourably because it is very closely related to HP but more spicy and relatively muted. Addict leaves a lovely trail and is long lasting. Gorgeous perfume

Lindalashy
Lindalashy

This is my favourite sleeping perfume. Or maybe for a late night date? It is heavy and soothing at the same time. Tranquilizing! Hypnotic! Very synthetic but still unbeliavably sexy and alluring.

edpjunkie

This stayed under my radar for years until it showed up in all the "if you like ------, you should try ------" lists. I've been test driving it for the last month and finally purchased a smallish bottle today. So far so good;I'm smitten!This fits my personality well too, but I could see how many would find it too "much". To my nose, the orange and balsamy vanilla notes are addictive!

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

I bought this by mistake a few years back thinking it was dior addict 2 as i didnt realise there was 2! Thought it was way too strong at first but then i grew on me, i love it now. Quite strong but very distinctive and different. I only wear it on special occassions or nights out but i always get commented on how nice i smell when im wearing it :)

boruvka44
boruvka44

Sweet, warm, plastic scent. I get like 5 perfumes in it, or some of their notes. It has the waxy vanilla from Tocade, the warm plastic sweetness from Trouble and smooth gardenia from Organza, even the pencil erasers scented like bubblegum I smell in L'Heure Bleue.

GlobalDiva
GlobalDiva

When I first smelled Dior Addict some years ago I fell in love. I had been searching for a perfume that was unlike any other, sensual, and just plain sexy. The first weft reminded me of soft, silky, classy, cashmere. I just had to have it.

Two days ago I purchased a bottle. I was telling my mother about my first experience with the fragrance and all that it encompassed for me. I removed the bottle from the box and said "this looks different". I sprayed it and yes there was definitely something different and horribly wrong. The sensual, sexy cashmere sent is no more. It smells extremely citrusy. The vanilla, Tonka bean and night flower are nonexistent and the scent doesn't last.

I called Nordstrom’s and was told the bottle changed and not the scent. The bottle and the scent have changed. They don't have any of the old bottles.

I won’t be wearing Dior Addict on New Years. Very disappointed.

Raina
Raina

I never really know what to make of this. The first time I smelled this I was rather put off and I set the bottle back on the shelf. But recently I've revisited this and I find myself strangely drawn. It's an artificial fragrance, cold and rather sterile. It's powdery, the vanilla in it not a classic sweetness that you'd expect, but all the same its enough to keep you coming back. It draws you closer, but at the same time pushes you away. I know it's strange, but when I smell this I cannot help but picture a beautiful robotic woman. She's perfect in every way, with a sexual and physical freedom; and yet she longs to feel the warmth of humanity.

I like this. It's both sad somehow, and sexy.

picisziv
picisziv

my review on Christian Dior Addict Eau de Parfum reformulated (new) version:

My friend’s mom owned this scent (old version) and I felt it on my friend for the first time. As I loved it so so much on her we immediately tested it. On my skin it was not as good as I hoped after smelling my friend, it was too vanillic, a bit bitter-mawkish-animaliscit-vanillic, you must be familiar with the smell I'm describing, the "perfume gone bad" smell. Okay, I said, I love Addict, but not on me. Next time I found it adorable. My friend told me she didn't like the fact but Addict have been created for me. I became infatuated with Addict. I became Addict...
So, I got Addict as a Christmas present… I gave myself, to be precise. And ran into warnings about the reformulated version - which I had. I became broken on the spot, I was beware of opening my box and wanted to send it back like smoke. But I had to face the fact that I won't find an old version ever again. So whatever this new bottle hides I have to live with it. For good.
Hard to believe, but I like the new version's vanilla note even more. Old vanilla was sweet like in old Hypnotic Poison while new vanilla is cold and dry like new Hypnotic Poison. IMHO this is what real vanilla sticks smell like and I prefer this new monotone, "dead" vanilla to vivid juicy vanilla. I just prefer woodier spicier notes much more.
So, reformulated Addict: a blessing or a curse? Both and none! Made me addicted, I need to put my hand on it every day, I want more and more, but maybe – just maybe – it might be a good thing if the stuff you do every day is a slightly softer drug.

scenteena
scenteena

Say it isn't so!! Not this masterpiece from the house known as Dior. Has this one been butchered, too?!! This stunner is going down in history as one of the sexiest fragrances ever known to womankind!!! Will this reformulation madness ever end? Truthfully, the answer is, probably not. IMO one of the main reasons is most likely money. I just had a discussion with my dad the other day concerning this very topic. The making of quality fragrances is an expensive art, and a slowly dying one. Several fragrance houses have been sold to other companies, and all too often, this means the demise of perfume classics as we once knew them. There are a myriad of reasons. A lot of natural components have been replaced with synthetic ones. Ingredients, such as, mysore sandalwood and oakmoss have been sanctioned/banned for ecological or health reasons. The rising cost of obtaining rare botanicals and imported essential oils. Let's face it, Addict, as gorgeous as it is, is a pricey frag. And to that, the fact that we are STILL in a recession, and have a younger market that craves fruity scents as opposed to seductive orientals, MIGHT explain why a lot of fragrance companies are MODIFYING rather than dramatically raise their prices.

virga
virga

I love original Addict, it’s creamy and sensual, dark, but playful - an ultimate evening fragrance. As some have mentioned before, Addict has that synthetic blackberry-vinyl note, but it only adds an extravagant touch to the whole composition. The reformulated version smells like Addict-deodorant may smell: sharp, flat, very synthetic, more blackberry, less vanilla-tonka bean. Staying power is weak compared with the original. Those, who made new formula, did a very bad job.

GMK
GMK

OMG. the first time i m in love with a female perfume..
apart from the debate weather its synthetic or not ...its delicious , its beautiful, a soft , floral , sweet perfume ... Real head turner , BRAVO Wasser.

Lady Odeur
Lady Odeur

Today i tried reformulated version and all i can say is: IT IS NOT ADDICT! it mimics Addict only. I am so sad and angry. I found the old version and i bought immediately.

sofababe
sofababe

I find the sandalwood and sharp fruits most dominant rather than the vanilla. I do like it very much but its not a love. Once I have finished the bottle I have I won't repurchase, firstly because of the reformulation and secondly because of the price. Its far too expensive for a "like".
When I step back into my room after I have applied Addict I find the room smells amazing, much better than the addict that is coating my skin. If only it smelled so good on me as it does on my furnishings.

passionata20
passionata20

Just want to say that though i can´t wear "Addict" on myself i really really like it on others. This is kind of fragrance that just doesn´t work for me. I have found a great substitute for it in "Trouble" by Boucheron which is also hard to pull off for me, but easier than "Addict". But back to "Addict"...
My neighbour who intorduced me to the wonderful world of fragrances and teached me a lot simply loves it. She teached me to smell the nuances of perfumes. It really suits her and since i do believe she has a perfect sense for fragrances she can´t be wrong. This is indeed an ultimate weapon of seduction and men literally go crazy for it, i have seen their reaction with my own eyes. So when i went to the shop to buy her a present for Christmas i wanted to buy her a bottle of "Addict". There were only the new white boxes, no old beautiful ones. That made me really nerveous, since i have lost my favorite "Dolce Vita" in recent reformulation of Dior and i knew that this is really tricky. So i decided to try it. Luckily they had a tester of new formula as well! The difference bewtween old and new bottle is that the new one has a golden strap between lid and the bottle itself. NOW THE SADDEST PART! I am not an expert (or maybe i am, since every SA in our main deprtment store now say that i have an excellent nose) but the new formula is not that rich in that almondy powder aspect as it used to be. It is shallow! Really, believe me, i know what i am talking about! For those who don´t go deep into the fragrance itself it might seem that it is the same, but it is ot, and we all know that.... There was also a bottle of old formula left as a tster in store, so i could make a close test and i was right! It is still "Addict" with the same smell, but bit lighter, has lower sillage and more shallow. WHY???? Why they do it every time??? If it sells like crazy, why to reformulate it anyway????? The box now looks cheap, the bottle somehow also looks less appealing with that stripe separating it... But the price is the same!!! Such a shame on DIOR! I will never understand their logics, NEVER!!!!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

To my nose Addict smell like caramelized blackberries . But..it's very nice,beautiful bottle,long lasting.It's a ''wow'' perfume.

liverpool2sex
liverpool2sex

I love this perfume and it smells gorgeous and you are able to wear it from day to night. Somehow during the day it smells fruity and light with a slight flowery fragrance but still has the musky undertones but then in the evening transpires to being fruity and deep with the musky undertones but very very sexy and somehow the flowery fragrance blooms and envelops you (and others) but in a good way! This perfume also lasts ALL DAY on me from 8am in the morning till 8pm at night without having to spray again and even at 8pm (12hrs later) you can still smell it on your skin and if (like me) you spray some on your clothes WOW it will last even longer! I can't believe how long this perfume lasts and you get wafts of it hours later as if it is reminding you it is still there as whenever a person is wearing a perfume they get used to the smell but with this perfume it doesn't allow you to forget it's there! It is a wonderful perfume and I love it and you definitely get the fruitiness of the blackberry (which I love) I have quite a few perfumes and this is definitely a keeper and also will be repurchased when I run out! Also lastly (even though I've written a lot) you also DO NOT need much of this perfume also as it is long lasting. It may seem pricey but as you don't need much and it lasts all day it is actually economical in the long run. xxx

I have loved Hypnotic Poison for a long time. I can't perfectly explain how, but Addict reminds me of it. First I think it's the "Play-Do" note that they have in common. Then it's the vanilla. Addict is warm, cozy, and even sultry in the way that HP is. Instead of almonds like in HP, Addict has this sexy, exotic note. I was certain I'd find orchid in the notes, but instead it has this plant called a cereus, which apparently smells like vanilla. It must smell different enough from vanilla to give Addict its unique exotic scent. I can also smell the orange blossoms. What a marvelous and intoxicating fragrance! Lasting strength and projection are pretty good by my standards. I don't know what took me to long to add it to my collection.

pearla2008
pearla2008

I love you Dior addict ur the most sexy perfume I ever knew,xoxoxoxo thx Dior

Vamy69
Vamy69

To me this perfume is hands the sexiest, most erotic divine creation ever! To say I am addicted to this stuff would be a HUGE understatement! My all time favorite perfume ever!!! A smoldering bombshell too good for words!!!!

I am OBSESSED beyond words with this perfume! Rich, sultry, dark, oozing with sensuality. It mesmerizes me every time I wear it. I just cannot get enough of this enchanting blue bottle. Delicious in every sense of the word. Perfection!!!!!!!

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

This is vanilla at its best.

Dior Addict opens up with a desert-like floriental of the contemporary school. It opens straight into the sweet, caramelized and "rrrrr..." vanilla.

The middle brings with it jasmine, night blooming cereus and sandalwood. The sandalwood brings in more depth and a powdery touch. Although many here on Fragrantica do not smell any berry notes here, I definitely do. There is a really juicy blackberry vibe, that just makes me want to eat the fragrance.

The base is what is left of the vanilla and sandalwood. A dark blue potion ready to be eaten. A yummy marzipan.

Delicious! But it's going to cost me a great deal of money to have Addict as an everyday vanilla cupcake.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

My favorite winter fragrance by far! I've had this in my collection since it first came out. The sillage is great! The scent is strong but still sexy. I wear this when I'm all dressed up to go out :)

mystica
mystica

Strikingly similar to L'Occitane's long lost Neroli, but with extra depth, smokiness and other dominant notes such as sandalwood.
Certainly not a vanilla bomb, sweet in no way, quite a grown-up oriental fragrance.
It has a vintage feel to it. It reminds me of my granny's luxury leather bag and fur, and vintage perfumed face powder.
Woman as hell...

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

absolutely the best : bottle! and the smell of course. woody, powdery, long lasting, aromatic, oriental, sexy!, like nothing else. my signature fragrance. Love IT!!!!! The best Dior fragrance ever. the best of all. vanilla is here but even though I dont like it that much it is NOT very strong. every single time I wear it it feels like my second skin

Les parfumes de l'orient
Les parfumes de l'orient

If you were allowed to choose only one perfume to use for the rest of your life, which one would it be?(Until I change my mind) my answer would be Dior Addict. I have not had very nice experiences with other Dior's (Pure Poison, Hypnotic Poison, Dune, Miss Dior Cherie) but Addict is an absolute winner. I hear other reviewers who found it overpowering, strong, boring, heavy etc. Depending on your chemistry and perfume preference, it can be all those. But for me Addict is dangerous, dark, unpredictable, strong, and confident. I love how it integrates with your skin through time, living a long-lasting trail of deep and rich vanilla. I would recommend it for evening wear in winter, on a just-out-of-shower skin, at least one hour before you go out as it takes time to settle.

No way. Everytime I smell Dior Addict I end up with headache and kind of disgust, even if it's not a stinker. It is very strong and very messy. On my skin it smells crap and must be a chemistry thing, because many times I smelled a beautiful trail of elegant sexy perfume on other ladies and everytime I was shocked at discovering it was Dior Addict! How can it be? It smells horrible on me and gorgeous on a few lucky ones! Be careful with this. It's very strong and if you don't wear carefully it will wear you!

beatrix75

hu its a looooong lasting fume from morgning to night stil its there amazing!!

Annica
Annica

The Deodorant spray is NOT flattering to the fragrance Dior Addict. Unfortunately, it was the one I started with. I experienced it as very harsh and bitter and could not understand all the overwhelming reviews. Now that I have tested the perfume I know better, and humbly bow my head. Is it on my want list? Answer: YES! Absolutely wonderful! Love, love, love it!

beatrix75

today i tested again and i am addicted like many aders ,womens who yuse this sexy dark juice !!!yes its heavy somethime causes headache its vanilla blackberry juice (i feel the yasmin and litle rosa to)10/10

Scarlett25
Scarlett25

Perfection in a bottle! Can't wait for my Christmas present from hubby: A big bottle of this beauty!!

electric33
electric33

Dior Addict is my favorite fragrance. I love it. I wish I had found Addict years ago.

Rouu

Ohhhh Addict !! why i love you ?!! because you are the sexiest fragrance i ever came a cross .. when ever iam down you raise me up make me feel the most feminine woman on earth !
i didnt met a man/a guy who didnt get on his knees for this fragrance yet , and i did met a lot of them ! ;)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Dark Bloody blackberries crashed with mandarin leaves is driving me crazy, it's blended with the dirty/dark vanilla & stamped with the Dior's Sandalwood..

Super sexy heads turner, Dark & Satanic.

I am addicted Tooo as same as millions women who are addicted to this magical syrup.

KasiaS
KasiaS

Am I the only one who smells coffee, or omething very alike, here? I was looking for perfect coffee note for a long time , but it is normally too bland, too fluffy, or not satisfactory in some other way (I haven't tried By by D&G nor Sonia Rykiel, though). The notes in Addict seem blended in a way that gives a superinterestig, deep, black, a bit sour coffee-like illusion, better that actual coffee notes. Coffe on a vanilla bed with some beautiful floral touch, plus the huuuge sillage and longevity... this is just PERFECT!
I want a bottle so much, couldn't really imagine anything better for the upcoming winter!

Spido
Spido

The beginning was awful, but it got guite nice after a couple og hours. Too heavy for me.

Nadia Beatriz

I oredered Addict finally.. I took a long time to buy because it´s so expensive but it worth the price!!
I bought a 100ml(3.4 o.z), haven´t open the box yet because I´ll save it for the winter..

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

Oh man, this is a sugar bomb. Heavy on the sweet notes, lashngs of vanilla, sweetened berries, sweetened orange blossom, sweet everything. Goes straight to the head, really overpowering if done excessively (and by excessive I mean more than 2 spritzes).
I really like the dry down even though it's a bit cliche, but it really softens down to a nice trace on the skin.
Still, for the really sweeeet stuff, I have a teeny-weeny bottle of L'artisan Parfumeur "Havana Vanille", which I prefer when I want a heavy gourmand.

DocTales
DocTales

Oh my God, this is AMAZING! I remember having bought this 5-10 years ago only to return it the next day because I realized that I hated it.
Smelled it again today, and I was blown away! Very special, very strong vanilla oriental with definite hint of clove.

Only to be used for special occasions at night though, I think this strong scent can be like a punch in the face when worn in offices or subways in early mornings.

ChickyC
ChickyC

It took only 2ml for it to wrap its talons around me and shoot an arrow through my heart. Close my eyes and it transports me to a dark fantasy world of moonlit mountains, raging rivers, wild horses, dragons...where men are MEN and...enough said. I just HAVE to have it.

ilumina
ilumina

One and only! I adore this beauty for 8 years now and I can't get enough. For brave and confident girls, so strong and precious!

Colas123
Colas123

My favourite,but i use it only for the winter.I also have body lotion.

jtd
jtd

Dior Addict starts as a dessert-like floriental of the contemporary school. Its initial tone is expansive but heavy, but it winds up an interestingly monochromatic oriental where vanilla and tonka cancel each other out and give a loud, beige tone.

I don’t understand Addict, but it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure that I spray on in department stores. Believe me, I ask myself each time, “Why on earth am I doing this?” Every bit of me tells me I should hate this. I guess I enjoy chasing that shouldn’t-but-do experience. Reminds me I can still be surprised and that the notion of good taste is often nothing compared to trashy fun.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I cannot believe I only recently discovered this unique, spicy scent. I have definitely been missing out!

This is such a characteristic, specific fragrance, if that makes sense. I smell clove and all sorts of warm christmas spices. I can only imagine wearing it around christmas, so now I can't wait for december to come around!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I'm all out, and absolutely love this, so sexy, some say it's masqueline, I think they are very wrong. I would not want to smell this on my man, it's super sexy without being frilly girly.. that exotic rare jamaican flower gives it a uniqueness and the vanilla is decadant! It will never be my signature, after a few weeks I do grow a bit tired, but then soon again I find myself craving addict, it truely is addictive!

Bagatelle
Bagatelle

Smells so good! Not fruity, but earthy and dry. Not sweet, but nutty and powdery, almost chocolatey at times *YUM*, though the base is a little crude. Also very low sillage.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

This is not my type of scent whatsoever. I tried it today for the first time. If road rage or insanity had a scent, this would be it...over-the-top, loud, chaotic. No thanks.

andrada2003
andrada2003

I couldn't resist, I couldn't wait to wear it. So what if it's still hot outside?!
Man, what a perfume! I only spritz it twice and the smell is huge.I love it, love it, love it... Tonka bean and saldalwood smell great on my skin, as far as I can tell. I put it on this morning and now it's 4 p.m. and it's still there.
Gorgeous...

Nadia Beatriz

At first when i tested I disliked.. after a while it is gorgeoust.. smells expensive.. I don´t know what I smell all I know is that I just love it..

curiousheart
curiousheart

This one is certainly a surprise. Somehow, all I got from this scent was blueberries, even though there isn't one single blueberry in it ô.o
However I love the scent and I kept sniffing my wrist when I tried it. It's a thick and muffled scent that stays close to the skin and is probably best worn at night. I was a little disappointed that I didn't notice any development notes-wise. Therefore it seemed kinda one-dimensional and flat. Lasting power is very good on me, I could smell it cleary for 7-8 hours, and even the next day I could still make out a little bit of it on my skin.

vlann
vlann

At first sniff, I thought this is not something I'd be addicted to.
The scent is kinda powdery, eventhough not that old lady-ish smelling, it's still too musky for me.
I sprayed it at about 9 PM and upon the first 30minutes, I didn't get any vanilla which I was looking for. Thus, I left it there on my wrist and went to bed.

When I woke up in the morning, I kinda forgot that I sprayed Addict on my wrist last night. As soon as I smelled something sweet, I know it's coming from my wrist. So, this is what everyone has been talking about Addict.
Sweet vanilla pudding, pleasant aroma of joy.
It's kinda a surprise for me, considering that I love the drydown while I detest the opening.
Not to mention it that you can definitely know Addict has some great longevity (spray at night, can definitely still smell it in the morning, about 10 hours later..)

All in all, a nice addition to my collection.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Addict is the scent that is all around you when you go to a nightclub or a trendy bar, everybody wears it and everybody loves it.
I think is a creation that belongs to its time, Addict is modern, flirty, teasing and impersonates the new idea of women.
Addict is not your typical Dior like Hot Couture is not your typical Givenchy, but still Dior is the perfect night fragrance for young women on their 20/30´s.
I cant see how this can be the favourite fragrance for so many people, but I can see why this is so appealing.
Addict has somehting that I cant find in many perfumes, this is a male perfume disguised has a women scent, after all, the favourite scent of a woman, is the scent of a man.
Addict opens very purple and sweet with the berries screaming at your face that you are a woman are sweet, but than it develops to a sexy woody, that lingers on your skin like insence. To be honest, Addict reminds me the scent of the skin of a woman after making love with a very good smelling man.
I quite like it, I would never spend money on this because like so many perfumes out there this likes a certain character and a certain "suspense" that I like in perfume, but it is still a great night out scent.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Since the temperatures have started cooling I've begun craving heavier, more complex 'Fall' scents. I had sampled Addict a year or so ago but couldn't remember it so tried it again and wore it for an afternoon and evening. The first word that comes to mind when thinking about this scent is--dark. It's dark and thick like heavy fog and rich and syrupy and sweet to the point of being overwhelming for me. Although I like this scent much better than Lolita Lempicka, it is unfortunately not one I can wear, for the same reasons I can't wear LL. They are both just too intense and heavy and sweet. They demand so much attention, even with a modest spray, that I just feel distracted and even annoyed--certainly not what one looks for in a perfume. So sadly, though I admire Dior fragrances, and like the basic idea here, I've kicked the habit of Addict before it could even hook me. And my hunt for a new scent for Fall continues...

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

i like it but...only on winter...its the best on the jacket in frozen days....

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Hmm I'm not impressed ... but somehow it stays on my wishlist because I just love Dior fragrances so much. They stand out. This one does too. Very heavy and loud, very sexy but weird, there is a note I don't seem to like that much. The first spray I really liked, on paper. The girl sprayed it on my wrist and after a couple of hours it started bothering me... I washed it off...

olga1780

Has been a staple in my collection for years and years and always will be. Absolutely exclusive and top quality perfume all around: there is nothing remotely similar out there to this dark, mysterious and tantalizingly beautiful scent that lasts forever.
I am getting a lot of dark chocolate in the drydown.

Tsugumi_
Tsugumi_

I`m so in love with this fragrance! Since the time I smelled it for the first time, I can`t imagine I can live without it! :) Thank you, monsegneur Wasser, you really created an addictional masterpiece!

Whit
Whit

Very gorgeous scent! To me, it's a dark, mysterious, complex vanilla. It's definitely a special occasion/evening frag. It's too heavy for anything else, and that being said, wear it in the winter months only. I would love to purchase it, but I honestly don't know where I would be able to wear it and I wouldn't want it to go to waste. Nicely done, though be warned, it is a heady frag that will announce itself, so use it sparingly.

tenshilove
tenshilove

the LOVE OF MY LIFE

malia
malia

Got myself the biggest bottle of it, because i am the biggest addict to Addict.
Fabulous!
Gorgeous!
Dellllicious!!
Absolutely fantastic!
This perfume is a piece of art of the highest quality.
Makes me feel like a Venus wearing it, smiling delightfully.. ;-)

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Addict on me smells like aftershave! Where is all the yumminess everyone else is writing about in their reviews...? Now don't get me wrong if my husband was wearing an aftershave that smelled like this does on me I'd love it (though he doesn't wear aftershave or cologne). It's just on me is smells too masculine, I do detect a bit of vanilla and almond in the drydown...nice, but like I said too masculine for my taste and it sure didn't pass the husband or teenage son test, my son's exact words were "ummmmm NO!"

All in all nice enough but not for me, I'd love to smell it on someone who has a good experience with it though.

Inche
Inche

I have it and i love it,but then was bored(too sweet) and gave it to my mother.I'm also fan of oriental perfumes.And CD are my favourite.

Majja67
Majja67

This masterpiece perfume has its dupe in nature in form of an japanese honeysucklebush, its flowers smells EXACTLY like this scent! Im lucky to have both..... One in my garden and one in my perfume collection! Thought i just wanted to let you know...... Great having a large bouqet of the japanese honeysuckle, some roses and other flowers on the dinnertable a late summernight when the scent from the honeysuckle is as most prominent, and also wearing Dior Addict...totaly addicting! The perfume then helps me remember the lovely summernights in the middle of the cold winter because this is a scent that works al year round for me!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Sweet sweet sweet. In the opening I get a blast of cake and icing. Then comes the hint of mulberry, with a slight trace of jasmine and then a very great amount what I assume is the Night Queen flower, a most unusual but special flower.This combination maintains on great waves of almond and the rich bourbon vanilla. I like this, because it really doesn't smell like anything else. Pretty linear though. It's a bit too sweet for me.
Edit: It is 10hrs later and the vanilla in this is still going strong and is making me hungry LOL.

ksilieva
ksilieva

I am addicted to it! I use it since 6 years and I cannot resist from using it.... I tried many others but this one is my addiction.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

The original Addict was a pleasant surprise for me! I had only smelled the Addict 2 which was a sour mess, and figured this one would be similar. No! Pleasantly floral and fruity.

saramariah
saramariah

Maybe it´s just me but this one and a couple of other oriental vanillas, like Shalimar, have an undertone to the vanilla that smell a little bit like play-doh on me,, does anyone know what ingredient that could possibly be..?

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

so unpleasant I can instantly recognize it on someone and have to keep my distance! i don't know what it is but this smells dusty and offensive to me, a terror!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Of all the nozzles I've sprayed, never have I come into contact with a work of art like this. The first time I sprayed Dior Addict, it was almost as if it never left the atmosphere. Five minutes later I could still walk back into its alluring path, owning the air. Spilling it on myself was a pleasure. Who would want to rinse away something so sensual? Even in attempt, there was no escaping it. This "Addict" has 3 absolutes in it, and there's no denying it when you can feel the texture of it's oil immediately after application. Don't become an addict with such a fragrance, or it may become of you. This is a top quality Parfum with hardcore concentration. One spray or two will elevate your presence. Don't turn something so beautiful into a reason to reach for the ibuprofen.

The wearer makes herself warm, welcoming, sensual, sexy, "addictive" and exotic. Most of all... sophisticated.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I love you Dior Addict..............you are perfect.

Koukla190
Koukla190

the perfume of a GODDESS...it's just PERFECT! : D

cocobella
cocobella

every time i am wearing the perfume my collegues are asking what i am wearing because i am smelling so good or "delicous". i love this. my first addict was a christmas gift from my ex-boyfriends parents and i am soo glad that they bought it for me. since this christmas i am so in love with this seductive fragrance. i get so many compliments. thank you dior for this masterpiece. i am a real addict ;)

anna.023
anna.023

Im so sad that my skin wouldn't let me wear this one. Love the smell of it, in the bottle or on paper, but on my skin it just got awful. Like old ledicine and alcohol. Such a shame.. Got black orchid instead, think they are a bit similar? Think this one is a bit smokey though? Isn't it?

sria

it starts really cinnamony on my skin ryt after spraying....

thn gets very flowery most prominent is the rose with other white florals and stays tht way for the first few hrs thn changes to sweet tonka oriental again...this is a true oriental floral on my skin...
ud hv been a perfection if my skin emanated the mysterious smokiness as well (on fabric its really smokey)... i spray some on my hair too for tht combined efect...

its different from my other loved ones like hypnotic poison, eau des baux by l'occitane and black orchid by tom ford.. these are in the intoxicating sultry territory and can make me feel too uninhibited and easy...at tymes its exactly wat i want to feel.....

but addict is the one i need for a different reason (coz it does a unique job tht other ones cant)
its the one i must wear for the ultimate confidence/high self-esteem boosting days (not necessarily sexy but cud be depending on how one defines sexy).. when i wana feel strong restrained composed and at the same time invincible as a woman with zero room for vulnerability..

i wear it with high black boots, fitted black jacket, dark kohled eyes and full shimmery lips (cud very easily be the vampy thirsty scarlet lips if the context suits it)...on chilled winter days never lets me down ....must have at all times

**femininity at its strongest**

LORAFLORA
LORAFLORA

I used to obsess over this fragrance, however as I matured I felt it was too strong for me. It is an intense vanilla scent - but it sure is long lasting! If I can describe it using two ingredients I would say: BERGAMOT & VANILLA (and in that order). Of course, bergamot is not listed in the ingredients...the blend creates it for me.

My suggestion: where this at night, it will make you feel sexy. Too strong to wear during the day (it would suffocate anyone who walks past). I do love it though.

mulan
mulan

Our love will last forever. This is one masterpiece from Dior that will always be unique. Misterious vanilla, mixed with playfull blackberry. Every time i lay down in my bed i can still smell this fragnance the next morning. I can honesty say this parfume love every men ;)

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

Sweet, deep, sexy... Lots of dark vanilla. Love everything about it. Longlasting.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

Deep, sensual, magnificent scent with Dior quality, amazingly long lasting. My associations are not like in advertisement, it's rather something like dinner at royal house. If overapplied (I think 2 sprays it's overapplied) it is annoying and nauseaing like a ton of vanilla cakes. It suits for evening and special occations, not for office.

Awatef
Awatef

Dior addict is jst a happy smell it mixed with of joy and liveliness – when I first got it I was really addicted then it got to my stomach uuuhhh but I just recently smelled it and it instantly put a smile on me confused face
I think I still might love it

orchid_84
orchid_84

When I first tested Addict, I really didn't like it. I couldn't get past the opening, which is indeed quite sharp and strong. Now that I've given it a few more tries, I am quickly coming to LOVE it.

I still find the initial spray somewhat intensive and unusual. I'm not sure what it is - perhaps the Night Queen Flower or the leafy notes. However, it is well worth waiting for the first spray to soften. The strong, bitter scent of the initial spray actually adds a wonderful dimension to the fragrance once it mellows.

Addict develops into a very spicy, well-rounded and unique vanilla-based fragrance. It is incredibly warm, sexy and edgy and best suited for evenings when you want to make a statement. It has lots of sweet, dusty vanilla in it, but there is also a masculine edge to it which I really love. It gives off a feel that is seductive, mature, warm, sensuous and dark. I will definitely have to add a bottle of this to my collection one day!

Keiki
Keiki

i have a collection of perfumes but this one is unlike any other. you must be a fashionista to wear this. it is breathtakingly beautiful. it reminds of happy romantic nights

Jannochka
Jannochka

It’s so strange but I smell buckwheat after I sprits it on my skin, in about 10 minutes that note goes away and I get a nice sensual scent. It's a very strong scent, works great in cold weather.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Lo trovo un po' troppo "vanigliato"...all'inizio, al primo spruzzo in profumeria, mi era piaciuto, ma alla lunga, sentendolo sulla pelle, risultava troppo dolciastro, pesante

shenanigans
shenanigans

Definitely bold, dark and a little naughty. You could be the ravisher OR the ravishee with this one. But it's also warm and comforting. I have worn this one for years and never gotten tired of it. I have also been known to spray it on my fabric headboard just so I can smell it while I go to sleep. It's the kind of fragrance that seeps inside you. One spray is all you need.

mlxo7
mlxo7

Well I'm going to limit this review, I could ramble on for absolutely ages about how gorgeous & sexy I think this fragrance is, but I'll keep it relatively short.
Basically its what I've always been looking for in a perfume, thought I'd found it in Alien, a mysterious kind of musky scent, but that turned out to be just a tad stale and flat on me and lacked the hint of sweetness I usually prefer in a fragrance. So I went to my nearest department store, and the lady recommended Addict saying that she's "worn it for years and get compliments daily", and even thought it better than hypnotic poison (the other perfume I was looking at at the time). So I sprayed both on each wrist and said I'd be back if I liked one. The first thing I noticed was that hypnotic poison (one of the only perfumes I found to be like this) was not at all 'alcohol-y' at first spray - which I loved! Addict, on the other hand, was quite strong, sharp and had that alcohol scent I don't care for. Forward to 20 minutes on, and Addict had developed into a mouthwatering blend of almond (not sure where that came from!) and vanilla with a hint of spice. HP had dried down nicely as well, but didn't quite capture me like Addict had (I've also got HP in my collection now anyway). So I purchased Addict, the bottle reminding me of a glamourous, sexy, navy dress paired with gold jewels.
However, for me, there is a downside to this fragrance. Lasting power! Never thought that would be an issue with an eau de parfum that has everyone claiming that 'one spray is enough', but I can spray 4 times, and literally an hour later no one (including me) can smell it. Although I receive compliments, its usually after I've resorted to spraying a good 5+ times shortly before contact. So its a real shame for me. That aside, it remains my signature scent because I absolutely love it & if I have to keep on spraying every few hours...then so be it!

P.S. Tried the body lotion in the hope that it would help make the fragrance last longer on my skin - it smells absolutely terrible IMO - unless its just the bottle I got.

cornflakes
cornflakes

I absolutely love this, have just finished my third 50ml bottle and can't wait to get another! It is the only perfume I have found that has the mystery and exoticism of an oriental combined with the freshness of an aftershave. At times it reminds me a little of Blue Stratos which is one of my all time favourite scents. While most say it is suitable for cold weather, I find it perfect for hot summer nights, and the midnight blue colour of the bottle is gorgeous.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

This is a wonderful fragrance, What comes to mind whenever I smell this is rich and deep and very classy. I would wear this to a dinner date/special occasion it is more of a nighttime fragrance for sure. It is on the sweet side with a hint of floral in it. I think it is the tonka bean and vanilla that makes me love this. It is soo expensive tho!

omneya.iskander
omneya.iskander

this one is really addiction, great smells like magic. once I get my first bottel it took me a very long time to try another perfume.

addict is one of the most magical perfumes produced.

Louw
Louw

Cough...splutter...gasp...not one to apply too heavily! It really overpowers the wearer - and everyone within a few hundred metres'radius of them too! :)

A very loud, brash, attention-seeker of a fragrance and another one I really, really wanted to like. Sadly, I just hated it, and it gave me a cracking headache.

It starts off promisingly, a little reminiscent of Opium and Must de Cartier but it soon becomes a mishmash of indistinct spice and heavy florals. Very long-lasting indeed but there's no subtlety to it whatsoever.

Not one for the office (unless you dislike your colleagues)!

nausikaa
nausikaa

a few days ago i tried out several hyped scents in a store, which happened to smell all the same to me. however, i remember this one standing out somehow. at least i remember liking it :)

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

i joined a perfume club and sampled this. totally not for me. way to heavy and i can't really distinguish any notes in it. it seems like i can only smell the bottom notes. disappointed b/c i do tend to like orientals; but hey i guess it just didn't suit my chemistry.

Siv55
Siv55

Damn LT and TS, this is damn near perfect! It's a big, sexy hug at every stage. To me, it starts sweet and vanillery and just gets warmer and spicier. Fantastic winter/night perfume. Quite heavy, but not in a Poisonous way.
This is the best perfume in the Dior range, with possible exception of Dune.
Similar to Dunhill Desire for Women, if you miss that one, but spicier, drydown similar. My husband used to remark that I smelled of cake after a day wearing either.
Eating teaspoons full of vanilla essence every day for a couple of weeks will give a similar effect. Or eat plain vanilla pannetone far too often to be good for you. You will smell nice though.

kiton
kiton

I want to eat myself whenever I wear this! I appreciate it's old fashioned character with sublte powdery hints underneath. Every time I've worn this frangrance, people stop me to ask me what I'm wearing, men and women alike. It's easy to want to shower in this, however a little goes a long way. Just wonderful.

krissycat
krissycat

I think Addict reminds me a little bit of Lanvin Arpege. It's a little bit too strong for me, but I can see this being a really sophisticated, wear out to the opera type fragrance. I'm used to wearing perfumes that have little to no sillage to them,but Addict I don't think will ever be a problem. I can tell it's a very well made perfume. I'll save this one for certain occasions

persefonex

I love this perfum. I think is very feminine, very complex, very intriguing. Is really addictive. Every time i use it, everybody ask me what are you using? is delicious! Is for a woman that doesn't fear be notorious; is not for shy girls. Is sensual and fresh. I use it every time that i want to be extremely feminine. Is perfect for a date.

Angel10
Angel10

I don't like it. Too thick and unrefined.....something is just not right to me....sorry to all lovers....reminds me of Armani Code in this way...one that I bought, and quickly felt sick of....

I have to say that I LOVE the Ad picture above of the fit chick...might print for my inspiration wall...Wow.
(I'm straight, but still WOW). Perfect.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Unbelieveably sexy, rich and feminine! I am so glad I finally have an opportunity to try it. I fell in love in an instant.
The opening is so...blackberry, then lovely soft florals emerge to end this symphony on a creamy tonka - vanilla base.
The blackberry note lingers for hours, even though it is listed as a head note :-)
The fragrance is luxurious, it is great for a special evening for two, although when applied sparingly, it makes a gorgeous sophisticated office fragrance.
I am definitely getting myself another bottle, I hope it never gets discontinued!
The silage is more than decent and staying power is great.
Dior Addict deserves my both thumbs up!
Highly recommended!

It really does what it says on the bottle - makes you ADDICTed to it after an initial spray :-)

Rosellini-in-love
Rosellini-in-love

I did not like this, it could be nice if it were not so heavy, even with the tiniest spray, it actually make my eyes water.
Over the top, classless, in your face, look at me.
I prefer warm scents, but this was far too much.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Headache alert! At first its a 'wow, so sexy, I love it', then it gets stronger, heavier and dirtier with every hour, till I can't stand it no more and want to wash it off. If a person wearing Addict leaves the room, you could still feel her presence after 2 hours. Such an unpolite, insolent frag! Drowns out everything and everyone around you.

edlina
edlina

I bought this perfume long time ago after reading lots of good reviews. I bought a big bottle online with a great deal without testing it on any counter & i really regret it.. Its smell really horrible++ & it give a headache.. But my mom love it.. I give it to her & she finished it.. Dunnno how she can stand the smell :

Sparks
Sparks

Addict is proof positive, that well known and respected as they are, when all is said and done Turin and Sanchez have opinions (as do we all), but I would not buy a scent based on their ratings.

I love Addict. I have never worn it that I have not been asked what I'm wearing in an 'Oh yum!' sort of way. I also am among the few it seems that find it appropriate for year round wear as well as daytime. On me the fruity notes come to the fore and I rarely notice the sandalwood even though sandalwood is a favorite. Maybe I use less, but it stays fresh on me and although long lasting, is never oppressive.

olga1780

Absolutely amazing, gorgeous fragrance!!!! Dark, mysterious, sexy, definitely sofisticated. Every time I have it on, i savor every minute of this luxurious scent. It lasts for hours and hours. One of my favourites.

mary2kali
mary2kali

Mmmmmmm what a smell!!! This is not the first time that I tried this perfume, I did that in the past but now I realised that the previous tester had gone bad, nothing to do with the original smell. So, always before buy try the perfume in a couple of stores, best even have a sample if possible. Although quite heavy at first, after a while it transforms into this deep woody vanilla scent. Very sexy, not cheap. Best for evening, wouldn't spend it in work, better to have it connected with your nights out.

Rouu

every time i wear this fragrance i feel i wanna just LOVE myself ! :$ nothing but ADDICT make me feel like this ..

blair
blair

While I am usually a huge fan of Dior perfumes, this is one to pass on. Completely unlike their other scents, Addict smells cheap and unsophisticated.

Aureliev
Aureliev

Un parfum qui fait la part belle à la vanille, un parfum sexy envoûtant et très féminin. Souvent trop porté et mal porté, je vois tellement de jeunes ados qui s'en aspergent entre midi et deux, mais quel sacrilège!!!!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

classical aromat, elegant! nice bottle for the handbag!

Ohkit
Ohkit

I love Dior perfumes, and this one isn't an exception. Sultry, sassy and cheeky, Dior Addict is worth its name. Perfect for a party in a fancy nightclub, it can be nauseating if overapplied.

sisternancy
sisternancy

You'd never think from the sort of florally start that Addict would turn into a mix of gentle almond and warm intense vanilla.

It's nice for all day even if you go from office to shopping to home.

I sniff Addict on me and it comforts me. Its such a tender intimate smell. It grew on me and now I have to have it.I'm an addict.

Merri
Merri

Ouch, I haven't ever written a bad review, if I don't like it I usually pass on saying anything BUT in the case I agree that this should be a test on your skin first and not a blind buy. I have been wanting this for a while because of the strong vanilla note and positive reviews. And I HAVE tested it on the paper strips about 4 times but I just never made the commitment to spray it on my skin in the store. Well, I had some b-day money and made the impulsive buy and just sprayed it on my wrists--there is a big debate over chemistry/just our noses, well whatever the truth is this went horrifyingly wrong on me. My first scrubber, it was oppresive and reminded me of some perfume that I hated in childhood, I don't what and won't smell this again to figure it out. I had to shower and put on a fav scent and boxed it up. Thank goodness for good return policies. I feel compelled to add that I do believe scents are different on everyone whether it's our actual skin or brain or nose or whatever, by reviews it works for a lot of people but really. really bad on me :( I wanted to LOVE it but....no.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I am so upset that I bought a bottle of Dior Addict. I wished I would have bought a mini bottle first. I was so excited to take it out of the box and spray it on. OMG! It is a disgusting smell...kind of like finger polish remover or finger nail polish with a hint of vanilla. Please if you decide you want this perfume make sure you buy a sample first. Uuggghhh

kugkng
kugkng

I had spritz some DAD on my wrist,
...this is one of my friend's collection in her wardrobe ..really reminds me a lot about my burbery brit red ,, very gingery vanilla tonga bean ,, sexy and cozy fireplace but this DAD is more sultry sexy alluring !!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Wow! No musk in this?

This is a really pretty fragrance. It reminds me of musk flavored Lifesavers that I was able to get back home in Australia--I haven't seen them in the US.

First, I'm welcomed with a the luscious scent of dark berries, deepened with a gentle earthiness.

Delicate, bright citrus blossoms then take center stage, accompanied by a young, fresh rose with fantastic projection.

The top and middle notes seem to linger on while the supporting base line rises up to meet them: a clever accord of vanilla, sandalwood and tonka that interplay with the fruits and florals creating a botanic musk-like fragrance without the animalistic character.

Clean, sweet but with a warm strength and just a whisper of tartness that saves it from being too cloying--like a delicate floral incense. Very long wearing too. A versatile scent in my book while still being very distinctive.

Decidedly alluring and charming, with a nuance of feminine sass. Perhaps even playfully sexy. And not to mention, easily addictive.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

It's a nice sweet fragrance. I can't say anything more about it. There is nothing about this perfume that stands out. It is just plain nice, maybe a bit too sweet. I much prefer Play Intense (Givenchy) which is also sweet but with a difference, in my opinion anyway.

Update: Last week a friend of mine was wearing what smelled like the most gorgeous fragrance ever. Imagine my surprise when I found out she was actually wearing Dior's Addict!!! Now I have to re-test it. Although I suspect I will just have to modify my original conclusion to "nice perfume but nothing special when I wear it".

Second update: tested again today, it's on my wrist as I write this. Again - not bad, I like the powdery vanilla. In all honestly, I was probably unfair rating this as an unmemorable fragrance. But it's still not my cup of tea - my friend definitely wears is WAY better than I do.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Three versions of Doir Addict stand before me with torment in their simple but very practical bottles.
Which one...after a little spray of each on my skin I spun on my heels and left the perfume section to continue my explorations.

They were all smelling devine to me. But Doir Addict For Women EFP was the clear winner on a damp wintery evening.
So pleased with my purchase what I was not exprecting was to fall hopelessly in love and be truly addicted, This just may........be my signature perfume.
Now let me say when a girlfriend comments on the wonderful perfume you are wearing and she is one who hates Orientals, you just know that this one is going to be a winner!

I love it. It lasts and lasts. It is sexy, very classy and gentle on the soul.
Best keep this one a big Secret........
update feb 22nd....told again 'you smell nice' and I did not tell...shhh

maatgirl
maatgirl

Dior Addict is, hands down, the sexiest vanilla drydown EVER. Upon sniffing my wrists when I wear this (which I compulsively do) it inspires me, a mild-mannered elementary school teacher in early middle age, to daydreams more suited to Letters to Penthouse than to postings on a fragrance website. Suffice it to say that my romance so far with Addict has been a real whirlwind!

There is a lushness to this fragrance that makes it compare to other fragrances as full cream compares to skim milk. From the start, there is a lush melding of orange blossom,tonka bean and sandalwood. From these emerges the most luscious vanilla, like Botticelli's Venus rising from the sea. It's not an edible, sugary vanilla, but rich, multi-dimensional, spicy...and it lasts and lasts. I think that this is, in ways, the most Guerlain-ish of the Dior fragrances; because of the tonka bean, perhaps, but at certain angles it reminds me of Samsara, L'Heure Bleue and L'Instant.

Most amazing of all, I have fallen for and added this to my heavy rotation in just a matter of weeks. It's also another fragrance that Turin and Sanchez disparage but that I love (cheap chocolate? where?!?!). I guess I'm gaining more confidence in my likes and dislikes, but any scent that can take me from ho-hum to horny in 60 seconds or less is quite the phenomenon in my book. I totally endorse Addict...but if crazy things happen when you wear it, don't say I didn't warn you!

Harajuku Love
Harajuku Love

In love with Addict still the first time it was on the market.
Addict to Addict.
There is not another masterpiece like it!
Very commercial, of course (dont` forget there is Galliano) but still great!

Gayla
Gayla

One of my top 5 fragrance! I can spray it on in the morning and is lasts all day. I have received so many compliments that I could never count them! Everyone from young to old loves this! It is very long lasting and just gets better and better. The bottom notes are amazing! The bourbon vanilla is awesome. If you like Addict and can't afford it.......then you need to find XOXO Heartbeat. Very same notes at a fraction of the price. This is a signature fragrance for me and goes well with my chemistry. Sexy, smouldering, alluring, mysterious, mesmerizing, deep and dark = Addict!!!!!

feeg
feeg

Dior perfumes...are another chapter in my life. They almost never fail. I am a Dior girl( unfortunately in a perfume matter I am not a Chanel girl at all).Addict was my first blind buy just by the reviews on fragrantica...then EDT eau Delice, tooMen love the original addict (not the new edition) and so they do the Delice..Dior just never fails with my pH even with the heavier scents like pure poison.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Warm, sexy, confidence in a bottle. Can't get enough. Where it out with my best male friend on a cold winter night, heading out for the city.

Lilski
Lilski

I shouldn't like this scent. It smells almost entirely synthetic, there is not one natural ingredient that I can smell, however there is something addictive (predictably), heady and magical about the scent.

srimati
srimati

It is slightly reminiscent of Must de Cartier on the first spray and then it melts down to the other very delicious notes. I sought out to buy Hyptnotic Poison and just decided to sniff this one. I ended up getting both. I'm an ardent Dior fan I guess. This one is very suggestive, warm and sensual. A keeper for sure!

Perfumedsecrets

Addict is absolutely a John Galliano scent. When I first saw the magazine ad's in 2002, I thought they were quite provocative. It's more subtle than a Tom Ford ad. They didn't need a nude model to express what was in the bottle. The scent has both animalistic raw notes, and incredibly feminine florals. The combination of jasmine, tonka bean, and sandalwood are the dirty sexy vibe at first, and then they settle down into a prrrr fragrance. Just waiting to heat up again with movement. It's a well known night or Winter favorite. If you can get past the rawness of it, you'll love what's underneath. Don't be afraid of stepping into this dress.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Sexy, daring, and bold! Love this fragrance! Smells very deep and sultry so it's a definite night perfume. Although there's no incense noted in here, I smell a dominant incense note.
This is by far the sexiest perfume I smelled. Sillage is awesome, lasting power is great. So glad I found this gem! :D

UPDATE: To get more bang for your buck, definitely try XOXO Heartbeat. Smells exactly the same and under $15 at your local TJMaxx or Marshalls. :D

paulared
paulared

Any fragrance with a base of vanilla and tonka bean and with orange blossom in the middle notes says: buy me! wear me! and the Alice in Wonderland inside of me can't say no. This one is no exception. I was surprised however to see that Dior came out with two fragrances so similar to each other in Addict and Pure Poison elixir. I have them both of course, although the latter is more coconutty and may be powdery. They seem like a variation of each other. I find Addict is a progression on Joop Le bain, with less plum and more tonka bean. Joop being more 80-90's. Love them all for romantic wear and warm evenings. They are like the LouLou (which I also adore!) of the new century. Thumbs up in any case!

lilou
lilou

Right word: "addict"...or not at all. Warm, deep and sensual...but not for me.
It's strange : usually I like these sorts of perfumes. Every time I try to wear it I feel it doesn't suit me. So my Dior Addict is still in the bottle but I can't throw it out. Inexplicable.

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

This scent is pure slutty, dirty sex in a bottle. But by no means does it do any of that cheaply. It is what i imagine a very high class hooker wearing.. I sometimes dabble on a big night out and im telling you, the men go ga-ga for it.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

Addict, my darling sexy Addict, how I love and adore you! I miss the dark hold you have over my heart, even though you are gone from my wardrobe. You were my first love, my dark love that I smelled at 22 years old and can never forget you--you are all my favorite things in a bottle, a boozed up juicy orange that melts into dark sultry bourbon vanilla and caramelized brown sugar. I want you back and yet I have to ask myself if I'm ready for that commitment, as bringing you back in my life would mean forsaking all other parfums indefinitely---yes, Addict, such is your hold over me.

romrom
romrom

It's a very warm fragrance, first you feel the citrus and rose, then all you are left with is a nice vanilla and sandalwood on your skin. It's not a soft fragrance and if you use more then one spray it could make you sick. One spray last all day and you feel yummy all over

truffles
truffles

Hmmph. I really wanted to like this because of the name/bottle, but, sadly,as with a lot of Dior perfumes for me, there is something or a combination of something in Addict that quite literally sickens me. Dior really likes 'something' that I really don't.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Wow, I'm really loving this perfume! Just received a mini of it, dabbed on a few drops and instantly loved it. First spray makes me think this is the lovechild of Lancome Hypnose and Guerlain Samsara. I can smell characteristics of both of these lovely scents in Addict. There is something in this fragrance(perhaps bulgarian rose and vanilla)that is so beautiful, and I also detect hints of cinnamon and gingerbread. Could it be more perfect for this time of year? I think this perfume will be in regular rotation with Angel as my signature winter scent. I'm very happy with Addict!

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

A real oriental. Surprisingly, on my skint it smells exactly the same like D&G pour Femme on my friend.
Warm and sweet scent, I would recommend it for ladies in their thirties.

Although, I only wear fragrances which belong to the oriental olfactive group, this one is a bit too much for me (maybe the tonka?).
One spritz is far enough, and it lasts whole day long(believe it from a girl, who uses 4 big spritz of Hypnose in summer(!) :DD)
The lasting power is amazing, the scent doesn't even start to fade after 4 hours.

Dior ADDICT occupies the same general olfactory neighborhood as HYPNOTIC POISON, another assertive oriental with big sillage and great longevity but which lacks the intricate layers found in many of the perfumes I have come truly to love. As happened with HYPNOTIC POISON, I recall having been vaguely attracted to ADDICT at one point--familiar to me through gwp samples or minis--but I never mustered up the initiative to make this an FB relationship.

There is something about these potent elixirs that puts me off slightly--like a woman who wears thick fuchsia lipstick and calls attention to her ample breasts by donning a super-lowcut super-tight knit sweater when she would have been so much more alluring with bare lips and wearing a loosely hanging sheer silk blouse, even buttoned up. It's all just too much.

To my nose, the dominant floral is jasmine, but the drydown of ADDICT essentially ends in cinnamon oil-saturated sandalwood. The good news for those who like this fragrance is that it really does last forever--one bottle should suffice for this lifetime!

Bapi
Bapi

I don't know the reason behind all the negative comments, though I accept that nose and skin behaviour can be the reason. Anyway, I was attracted to my girlfriend for this smell on her, it was her favourite and still is. I'm not saying there is nothing better, but it's surely rich, strong, warm and attractive. I'd want a woman to smell like this. Sillage is above average, longevity is outstanding, I'd give it 8/10.

nickinotnikki
nickinotnikki

Smells like burning plastic, not for me at all, this stuff is gross! From all the rave reviews, I was excited to try it, too bad.

Cereza
Cereza

I thought I might like this, but, oh boy, I was wrong. I don't enjoy wearing this. On me it opens with burst of cloying, sharp and overly spicy jasmin, which enduces headache for me, it's way too powerful and heady at the opening. I do like LOUD fragrances, but this is definetely not for my taste.
The jasmin is so harsh and loud that's it's hard to see any other notes. I was hoping for berries and gentle orange blossom, but what do I get? JASMIN. Actually it somehow even reminds of 80's powerfragrance Chloe and many other from that range.

Sorry, but the jasmin is way too much, nothing holds it back. Dissapointment.

judies6
judies6

Marisa Tomei's character in the movie My Cousin Vinny would have been wearing Dior Addict. The smell of rubber & tires under the car (she grew up in her family's mechanic shop) would be a comforting smell to her. I wish I knew exactly what gives this fragrance this synthetic, rough smell (especially in its top notes) because it's very unique.
The dry down though is very chocolate and soft. From top to bottom, a very contradictory scent.

kerini
kerini

A very special one!

Addict is seductive in a classy non-agressive way.
I think calling it Hypnitic Poison's little sister isn't far fetched. To me it feels easier to pull off, slightly less oriental and lush.

In the beginning it's sweet ripe blackberries and delicious vanilla.
At first it has a powdery texture that vanishes slowly as the scent developes.
After a while vanilla starts interacting with the floral notes, primarily rose.
The flowers play a rather subdued role, especially after the sandalwood makes its appearence. It brings a dry warm woody quality to the composition and ties brilliantly with the bouquet.
Last the tonka bean sets in and makes for a wonderful long lasting sensual dry-down.

The fragrance lasts 6+ hours on me which isn't bad but considering the lofty price it doesn't make me cheer either. All in all, I love it.

mirto
mirto

This is definitely a very special perfume. One can categorize it among the so called ''signature perfumes'', since it lives a mark of you in the ambient while you pass. In my chemistry the dominant notes are the vanilla and the rose. I suggest it if you want to seduce a man because it is very sexy and sensuous. Furthermore the longlivety and the silage are outstanding. Nevertheless, there is something negative about this perfume and that is it's price. Why on earth is it so much expensive? If you can buy this one, I suggest a wise use of it, meaning special occasions only.

tbonita
tbonita

If you can't bring yourself to shell out the bucks, try XOXO Heartbeat. Trust me on this one! I have both!

maru8862
maru8862

This is a truly outstanding fragrance! Truth is I cannot bring myself to pay as much as Dior wants me to for this, but I sure am tempted! Great floral vanilla, instantly recognizable, super sillage, outstanding longevity. Doubtlessly one of the best perfumes ever to be made.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I have a couple minis of this that I've nearly finished, still haven't bought a full bottle but will as I found I have worn the minis so much. I really love this. Its an oriental, kind of chocolately berry fragrance. I get a lot of compliments from other women when I wear this. Highly recommended

Perfumedsecrets

I like to keep samples of this and wear it on Autumn nights. I never quite committed to buying a bottle because of the alluring bold and sensual quality to it. It's amazing in the coldest Winter, but in the Autumn there is still enough body heat to bring out all the notes. It's dirty sexy, and I believe that is the tonka bean and sandalwood combined. I don't know what a Night Queen flower smells like, but it probably has a hand in that effect too. It has a John Galliano
vibe to it. At the time of it's debut I immdiately thought nothing like it had been made before. I'm wearing it right now for reference... and ahh, it's just stunning. I'm going to buy a bottle for a change.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

How to be discreet about Dior's Addict when nothing about it is?

The initial 15 minutes doesn't do anything for me. But once that time is up I almost think the word UP turns to the word OFF. That's right, take everything off. Somehow the flowers get soften up by the sandalwood...that's very rare because sandalwood seems to bring dryness that kills florals & sweetness. Not here...I'M IN CONSTANT WRISTS SNIFFING.

Do I really need to say more?

ADDICTIVE...HANDS DOWN!

Miss_Dasha
Miss_Dasha

WoW love it! such a sexy scent
not for every day use too havy but perfect for the winter..

what can i say i just love this sexy amazing scent and it loves my body chemistry back . hard thing to do since im an ab+ and find it difficult to suit alot of scents out there. happy to say im on my 8th bottle of this magic its def a keeper!

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

This one has an interesting evolution, with unexpected turns. It starts quite sharp and contradictory - and I do think mr. Marki san got it right: "Dior Addict starts off dirty, animalistic and sensual" (I don't know about the hardcore porn set where they burn incense - I've never been on one). At this point you might expect it to evolve to something sultry and bitter sweet, but it turns things upside down: it becomes a ginger bread scent - delicious, mouth watering, just out of the oven, well baked ginger bread. With all these characteristics unfolding, I don't think I would risk anything by saying that "Addict" is the little sister of "Hypnotic Poison".

I like it, but only in itself, on a blotter, not on my skin.

guest_Lisa8
guest_Lisa8

my favorite parfume,totaly sexy,strong and deep...i feel special wearing it

um speechless !! Unspeakable words perfume

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ,

Dior ADDICT is a whispering scent on ur skin telling LOVE ME ,femininity in a blue black bottle :)

when i first tried it i was totally surprised ,how come didnt hunt it long time ago , how can i stayed far from that treasure along those years !!

Dior ADDICT starts really sweet warm on my skin , blackberry in a very delicious scent then mixed with jasmine and finally it comes in a VERY SWEET base ,the dry down is a heaven itself ,

a fragrance that screams SEXYYYYYYYY , SEXYYYYYYYYYY ,SEXYYYYYYYYYY :X ;)

i guess i'll be happy wearing it for my wedding someday

Tane4ka
Tane4ka

I find it so wierd that couple months back I absolutley hated this frag.. I thought it was for more mature ladies..but yesterday I went to Boots and tried it again.. and I fall in love with it so much so I was on about it all evening last night to my bf.. and today he bought me a bottle!!! I adore this fragnace. I love evrything about it. Perfect for autumn/winter and I am glad that I can enjoy it this winter. I think it blends perfectly with my body cemistry.. I get this dark spicy vanilla.. A wonderful fragnance and a must have in my collection!

bliss
bliss

When I purchased this edt 4 or 5 years ago it was a spontaneous reaction to it. It loved it but everywhere I went, people said they could smell chocolate or candy so I stopped wearing it. I just put some on today after leaving it for a few years and I think it smells better now! It is not as strong and sweet as it was before. More mellow and soft and comforting, like a warm cup of something creamy with vanilla in it. It still only takes a tiny spray to fill the room, so I'm sure it will stay in my collection for a very long time.

teardrop
teardrop

I just got this today and all I can say about it - vanilla vanilla and again vanilla. I'm not sure it is my skin or what, but I can't detect anything else. Ofcourse vanilla is very creamy, delicious and warm,just like a puding. I like it, but not in love with it.

Marki san
Marki san

Ahhh Dior Addict...what a beast!

Dior Addict starts off dirty, animalistic and sensual. It smells like a hardcore porn set where they burn incense. Dangerous! I can see how some people may hate this scent.

After some time it turns into a beautiful oriental/arabic vanilla. Delicious!

Dior Addict works magicaly with my skin.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I am still in 2 minds about Dior Addict.
I wore the fragrance when it came out a few years ago, and used to love it for nights out. On me, it was mostly the sweetness of the berries, slightly soured by the orange blossom, and an enormous blast of oriental vanilla. Unlike most fragrances created nowadays, I think Dior Addict had something special and different, like a kind of retake of the 80's big and bold fragrances.
I would not mind wearing it again occasionally, but would not buy a bottle. As much as I love the fragrance, there is just something about it that gives a very slight hint of tackiness.
Once again, where Chanel's Coco succeeded, many other failed.

arb368
arb368

Dior Addict whispers seduction from its opening notes of mandarin leaves and mulberry through its drydown to a sweet, rich vanilla oriental. The notes are intoxicating and sophisticated, a caress of warm sensuality and refined style. Applied with a light hand, it can be appropriate for wear during the day, but the very essence of this fragrance evokes images of moonlit walks and intimacies shared between two.

mcelferr
mcelferr

I've been looking for something different, not gourmand as a baby, neither floral as a naive girl, I wanted something deep, mysterious, sensuous,warm, not too loud. Let me tell you, I've found it.A male fragrance? I don't think so, spray it and wait...it's very oriental, a little smoky, woodsy.The flower notes are very sligh,no way to distinguish.Very well blended.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Last forever!quality frag!can smell the black berry.jasmine.rose.the queen flower.and the bourbon vanilla.tonka bean.santal wood.all equal!that makes a sexy.capiteux .rich perfume!u wear that.and be sure to be attracting ur lover.and do giligili in the bed.sorry.but true.its sensual.sexual.envouting...god.smells so me want to kiss u.mwah*

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I tried this in the store and fell for it. I took it from the shell and put it back. It´s pricey, I have to say... But finally I decided to buy it and skip all the rest I was planning to buy.
Dior Addict is smoky vanilla. Sweet, warm and spicy. It`s absolutly gorgeous and so sexy. Love it!

Too much vanilla for me. It seems to me sickly sweet.
I don't like this fragrance.

teedee
teedee

addict appears as not so gourmand, gourmand perfume on my skin. the fruity top was swallowed in minutes.the rather heavy caramely-vanilla-tonka base. rather nice for colder months i think...

maude
maude

This bottle is collecting dust on my desk, i mean it smells way too strong and masculine it's really not for everybody, on me it just didn't work with my skin it was way too overpowering, it still smells 20 minutes after you left the room and that's not good. ; /

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

I thought this would be a lovely fragrance when looking at the notes, but it just smells like wooden popsicle sticks on me--not good.

rainydays
rainydays

What happened??? My friend sprayed this on (just one spray), and everybody that even came near her was asking what the "weird, bad smell" was. Not at all sweet... not even spicy... just dirty, masculine, overwhelming (the entire room smelled of it). Haha, like a homeless man? It was indescribably bad. I would try it on my own skin, but I'm actually pretty scared to. Seems that everybody else here had a pretty good experience with it, though. All depends on body chem.

NZsarah
NZsarah

This smell is gorgeous, a whiff of it is enchanting BUT having it on you all the time is not. It is very thick and sickly sweet, and boy does it linger. I sprayed a tester on at lunchtime and an hour later I had a headache and despised the smell. I do love the scent and I do love smelling it every now and then, but I just couldnt have it on me all the time or for longer than an hour. Love it on other people though!!

sophyWHY?palazzo
sophyWHY?palazzo

I'm a big fan of oriental fragrance but this one is not for me...I got one of 100ml and I hate this smell at the same moment when I was started with it.
and combination dior addict+sun its totally blaaaaaaaaak.

guest_sofy WAY?pallazo
guest_sofy WAY?pallazo

and combination dior addict+sun its totally blaaaaaaaaak.

I love this one, very much a vanilla pudding scent on my skin, but my husband can't stand it. To me, the vanilla is delicious and warm, but to him it's synthetic and offensive. Ah, well. There are other vanilla-based scents we can agree on.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I just got this today I should have gotten it when it came out as I really liked it then but for some reason put off buying it. It's simply a gorgeous scent, I little goes a long way, it's sexy and sultry and dark with vanilla and spices. I would call this a seductress perfume! Best suited for evening but if sprayed sparingly it can be worn during the day! This and Angel are strong classic perfumes for confident women. I wish it lasted longer on my skin, lasting power not as good as I expected!

Manya
Manya

I fell literally head over heels for this fragrance!

By some magic trick, I can smell the base notes first - spicy and warm sandalwood. THEN through it come fresh notes, like green shoots that end up blooming with lotus flowers (Night Queen flower?).

It always makes me think of night, and a dark, deep lake with lotus flowers gently floating on the water.

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume is wonderful.
I find it similar to JPG Classique or Obsession by CK; they really don't smell the same, but the three are seductive, as warm cream; the three try to make the wearer more attractive, expressing her sensual mood; in my opinion, they are different to YSL Opium, Versace's Blonde, etc., and much other fragrances told to be seductive and not being exactly this way, but giving a boost to femenine power in general.
However, Classique and Obession have disappointed me recently, and Dior addict has been a great surprise. It is really dense and heavy, but somehow dry and deep too. It is like a Christmas dessert full of almonds, but has additional interests and overall I prefer it over Classique. One of these interests is that, after smelling it, while separing the wrist from the nose, I can notice a sparkling scent very similar to the one of anise. Dior has some magic.

adele l
adele l

One of the few perfumes i've worn that everybody seemed to compliment- i just thought it was a really warm vanilla, not especially striking- but seriously loads of compliments ( now a very rare occurrence)- should consider another bottle!

LIN
LIN

This one works like charm.. it's so warm and deep, beautiful fragrance, i allways get compliments when i waer it. i love it very much!! i think this perfume is "a must"! reminds me perfumes like "hypnotic poison" by dior, that is also warm oriental floral fragrances.

lialu
lialu

Sex in a bottle. Not for the fainthearted. I love wearing it at night. This is an oriental with class that has got it exactly right, can so easily be cheap or stale (like Allure Sensuelle). Apply with a light hand and wait for 15 minutes - the comliments will start. A keeper. A classic.

Nowhere near the Guerlain scents though.

Sissi
Sissi

In a Sparse Red Ochre room filled with Incense. with only
a small window without glass a Gujarat
rug on the wooden floor Faint white handprints covers over the room the Gujarat sunset shines thought the small
window and Luminates the whole room
with a eathiral Red Glow and the sounds
of a woman singing sweetly to the Verses
of her Lord accompinied with the gentile
sounds Of the Sitar. this perfume gives me that vibes i can pick up some incense.

I can really pick up a cinnamon note in this fragrance. Not quite sure why, since its not in the notes but i guess what im really smelling is the combo of sandalwood,vanilla and tonkabean. Love it.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Dior addict is a head-turner. So sultry, so sexy, yet not too loud.
At first orange blossom and jasmine are most prominent on my skin and I am not a fan of these notes. But it settles down in 10 minutes and becomes perfectly balanced. Subtly sweet-powdery, very oriental. Night only. Thumbs up from me.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I love Dior Addict. A friend gave me a little bottle of this perfume for Christmas in 2002, the year that it was released, and I've still got it.

The vanilla is the headliner in this perfume, and it's warm and sexy without being overly sweet. The spiciness of Addict is quite heady- if you favor spicy Orientals, then this one is for you. Addict has an almost smoky, incense-like quality, and blended with the florals and the vanilla, it reminds me a little bit of Guerlain's Shalimar.

Addict is wonderful for cold weather and evening wear, but go easy- this is a strong perfume, so it's best to use a light touch when applying this fragrance.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

based on all the great reviews here, I went and tried it on today... First it smelled good and very unusuall, but after few minutes it started to smell to sweet for me - like a very sweet medicine. Found myself trying to wash it off, but have to admit that the lasting power is great - I can still smell it after washing my arm 2 times

Teebird
Teebird

Orangepoppy said it! This IS one "smokin' fragrance. It makes my husband go wild for me. ;-)
I don't get much of the floral notes from this--more of an unusual(and yes, edgy) woody,sexy sandalwood on me. (the body lotion alone is nice, as well, and long-lasting)

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

9154mf
9154mf

This was one of the first perfumes I bought when I started earning my own money, it was so delicious to me I thought Id never stop loving it, well eventually i kind of did and swapped what I had away. I guess i got into niche perfumes and alot of my department store stuff kind of lost its appeal to me for a while. However I can say that Dior Addict is a one of a kind, strong sexy scent that you can smell and tell what it is a mile away. Defeinetely not for the shy wallflowers, one spray of this is really enough it is quite strong. its like an oriental vanilla, but theres spicy almost salty notes in it that lift it above other oriental vanillas. Its a very distinct smell. Anyway i still appreciate it for what it is and i dont hate it, but i just kind of got over it a bit. I recently tried Eau Fraiche in this scent and itsa bit lighter so i think im liking this more right now.

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS!
am ADDITed to this stuff!
Its just there is something so powerful & mesmerising about this but it can be quite restrictive to evening & nights.

This is definately a heavy oriental but dont be afraid, the strong initial blast(which is gorgeous) is reduced by the seducing aromatic vanilla creeping up, getting higher & higher, while a transparent smoke has surrounded you entirely.
This is y it is my N*1 & may it continue.

Jura-kg
Jura-kg

This perfume is like some kind of medical staff.When i first sprayed it it was like i am in heaven! ! !this one really hooked me! ! !Thank's to my brother i got this one.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Will add this one on my oriental vanilla.cause of orange flower rose and vanilla.and base on the reviews.must have a dior frag they are the best in frag world!

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

What a sexy fragrance its a warm oriental.Alittle goes a real long way use sparingly.

lucifera
lucifera

i've been wanting this for a while and got it as a christmas gift,im very happy i got this because it has great lasting power and is heavy enough for me ;)no way its sickening or so,noo this is very seducive and sexy stuff
smells divine and it loove the vanille tonka drydown,really worth buying!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This smells beautiful-but not rare. This is so commonplace I would carefully choose occasions for wearing Addict out. When Addict first came out, before I was at all into perfume, I scoffed at the name and the advertisement. I still don't like the ad, but I appreciate edgy names, even if it is a bit too obvious. It's in the same line of Poison and the such, only it smells better than any other Dior I can think of....

Addict has a somewhat narcotic quality as a fragrance-not as a very addictive fragrance, but as a social serum, pleasant, but overindulged-offering a sweetness that vacillates between delicious and cloying-The incense is more present than in most other designer fragrances, and melds beautifully with the blackberry-The vanilla becomes mundane, but it warms so much on the skin that the trace remains welcome. I love Addict, but I'm absolutely not in love with it.

Addict smells superb on the right skin, on the people it fits, and I think it fits me too. But even if I'm the only one wearing this, I still have a certain association with smelling this on enough of the wrong people amidst the addicted crowd....

azuriiita

I am agree with arance. Its very appropriate to use at sea. Alluring and very feminine... one of several "salty" fragrances for my nose.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I am absolutely terrified and frightened from Addict. I stay away from it like vampires fear from sun. It is intense, strong and unusual. I think it’s the combination of flowers with tonka bean which makes my mind spin and swell. But only when it is applied on my skin

I have a friend, dark haired, skinny, always in leather jacket and jeans. She wears Addict permanently. Every single note fits her perfectly. This dark, mighty and tough perfume becomes sensual, warm and seductive. When I sit next to her I have sensations of whisky and cigarette smoke in my nostrils. And blackberries which laid in leather pocket for an eternity. To me she smells like Moulin Rouge dancer. Amazing.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I tested Addict today...hmmm...I really like it ! On my skin I feel the flowers and the vanilla. It's smoky, i feel incense ?! It's sweet but not too sweet, warm, dark, not strong, like i can barely feel it...so no it's not a heavy scent at all. It is very *velvety*...

chanteuse
chanteuse

Perfumes are typically over-priced in my country. A 100ml bottle of this stuff costs around 174.00 US dollars. I gave it a try anyway and then out of the blue wondered at an arbitary moment in time, what smells so good?only to discover that it was me. It is an old fashioned perfume in that it is composed heavily of its fixative - vanilla, so that the lasting power increases and the silage intensifies, although it is not such a lethal dose as in Hypnotic Poison, which can really smell poisonous. In this one, Wasser maintained an elegance that is lacking in alot of deep, dark vanillic creations. The pictures in the advertising look cheap and very 80s but perhaps this was actually meant to say retro, very much like Addict itself, which is a modern take on a perfume composed within an age old culture of excellence.

HAZELORBS
HAZELORBS

When I first sprayed this on, I was hit with a sharp citrus smell, more acidic than fresh, which was intriguing. Within five minutes, that faded the spicy florals started to emerge. Right now, I am definitely smelling the Night Queen Flower with a hint of of the mandarin and vanilla. This is my second day trying this scent, and so far, I'm loving it! Yesterday, I sprayed very little (and only in one spot) and it didn't seem to last as long, so today I tried just a bit more in several pulse points. So far, so good!

Very seductive, sensual, slightly animalistic, edgy yet soft, full of contradictions yet they blend together harmoniously...Queen of the night.

azuriiita

Its very pleasant and seductive.

Not for every day use in my opinion; but neither for "special occasions"... This one its for rarely shiny (moon light) nights with indigo sky.

A furtive queen of night flower in the hair, skin, or dress of a confident woman... waiting for be uncovered by a lover.

Surely, not for everywomen... on the wrong person could be something heavy and overwhelming, almost disgusting, inclusive a bit banal in the bad sense. But in the right one could very distinctive and unforgetable.

The combination of white flowers, tonka, and blackberry its interesting and noticeable in Dior Addict. Very suitable for nights, and humid climates.

*sophi*

I love it.It is so flowery and oriental.I am amazed of night bloomins and orange flower.It is one of my favourite.Long lasting vanilla-based scent.I got my first bottle years ago and i use it now and then.What i realy love is the body lotion.My number one daily-used lotion.So fresh and delightfull that everyone asks me what perfume i wear.They stand speachless whn i
say it is only a body lotion.If you enjoy oriental florals ,please believe me, worth of trying it.

felineluvr
felineluvr

This is absolutely what I would call a sex bomb perfume! Although it is a love it or hate it perfume apparently. I adore it and purchased 2 bottles of the pure perfume...so that should probably last a century or so because it only takes the smallest amount to make a huge impression. It is truly unique and special...but you should definitely try it before you buy it. I hope it is never discontinued as I certainly would cry.

Oh, this is delicious! It's a pity that I didn't find this fragrance sooner.

Like Hypnotic Poison, Dior Addict is a rather potent yet sexy vanilla blend. It's hard not to like such a richly unique and complex scent.

Dior Addict opens with a sultry and smokey vanilla. The blackberry and mandarin leaf notes only compliment the vanilla, they never overpower.

I find this fragrance to have an almost animalistic quality. The scent is sweet, but not sugary sweet, just pleasantly so. I love that this fragrance is dark and mysterious, it's something that would suit a woman in power perhaps even a femme fatal.

The lasting power is amazing and the sillage quite strong. I probably wouldn't wear this as a casual Spring/Summer scent because it just doesn't seem to fit into that category. By all means wear this as a night fragrance or even as a nice, unusual choice for the chilly weather.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Wow! What a good idea, brbryant! Wearing Addict at work! ahahha
And I'm not kidding! I tell you that because I love this perfume and only wore it at evenings, and it's so sad...Addict is a jewel!
But from now on, I'm gonna try to wear it by the light of the day...with extreme caution, I promise. :)

brbryant
brbryant

This perfume is by far my favorite from Dior. It's got a supple feminine smell that doesn't smell soapy and lasts ALL day long! It's great for night wear when you're going out, if used with extreme caution it can be worn in the office - it is heavy though and could be bothersome to some.
I am always complimented when I wear this.

Migotka
Migotka

The name says it all here, really!

This is probably the most addictive fragrance ever created, and I can risk saying, one of the best composed things out there on the market. Bold, rich, spicy, strong, you wont be able to hide in the crowd wearing it. It is also one of the rare fragrances that instantly feed your imagination.

If Addict was a woman, it would be a woman who knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. She has the power and will not be afraid to use it.

*sophi*

my best,along with eau fraishe and hypnotic poison from dior.It is the floral sense mixed with vanilla that awakens your senses.It is perfect!!!

ESTM
ESTM

One of the greatest perfumes.the most women in greece have test the perfect smell of addict.you can match it with whatever you want.the smell of it is sweet and hold for a lot time

Polymath
Polymath

I receive many compliments when I wear this. It is very like Boucheron's Trouble, and peripherally like the Lolita Lempicka and Angel - that same animal undertone.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

I regard always Addict as uncommon-place smell , but issued , that it not for me. But last time , after next tests, I has been subjected . Addict earned me. Everything in it is noble and sound - beautiful flower orange, noble bourbon, thick vanilla, floral motives. Addict is sweet, but not too sweet, warm, but with certain, elegant distance. It is struck over other perfume, has features niche parfum , but it is not fancy. Beautiful, great oriental smell.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I have smelled this on others & enjoyed the heavy waft they left behind, so I bravely tried it out on myself. It is not a 'me' scent, but it is a well thought out heavy oriental fruity/floral - not quite as assaulting as most & the dry-down is really lovely.

At first sniff it wasn't pleasant, almost clinical - I was swiftly transported to the surgery! In a few seconds I was dragged out for a night on the town, drinking a Blackberry Cooler cocktail, wearing high heels, short dress & smoky eyes. Then salsa time, getting spicy-hot on the dance floor....warming up, feeling the glow (the juicy berries are still there, so I must've spilled some cocktail on my purple, satin dress)....I dance for AGES downing spicy vanilla cream drinks....then finally, after hours & hours, I collapse into bed, warm, musky, dizzy, smoky & sugarcoated.

& all that from one, tiny squirt! Powerful stuff, use with care :)

mmizy
mmizy

I have to say some women just happen to wear this fragrance quite nicely. I however are not one of these women. My love for this fragrance first started when my coworker wore this to work. The smell was lovely I would walk behind her just to get a whiff and asked her what perfume she was wearing. Dior Addict she said and it was her boyfriends favorite fragrance.
I had to try it and so I tested twice the first time I liked it and loved it on the drydown. The second time not at all. The smell too strong.... my nose was being assaulted by spices and sweet vanilla. Like a huge cinnamon roll loaded (overwhelmingly) with cinnamon and spices topped with vanilla frosting. I only sprayed it once on my hand and i would smell it from every angle i turned my nose. The lasting power is incredible. It made my head hurt. And sadly I removed it from my want list beingone of the few that can't wear it.
Update: I still bought a small bottle the .67 oz since it is so strong. Its nice for the cold weather. like it when it dries down.

ktv0926
ktv0926

My feelings towards Dior Addict are almost the same as towards Dior Poison - it is too heavy for me, my head starts spinning a little bit. Besides, Addict has some kind of medicine aftertaste, it is not obvious, but a couple minutes after sniffing i'm left with this impression.

And again, like with ALL heavy orientals - I just love base notes! They are the best - dark and seductive.

Unfortunately, I want to love the fragrances I purchase from the very beginning to the end...

my first impression is that it's too much to take!at the first sniff you don't even need to get closer to the paper you've sprayed it on to feel this strong perfume.
my BF believes it smells like dentists' places and he hates it,but I think it's a challenging perfume,as I can't name any other one that smells this way.
I don't get much floral note even at the heart of this perfume.it reminds me somehow "ange ou demon".but it's more likely into demon side.I can't say that it's romantic,nor innocent.it's the scent of a powerful,brutal woman.
it's very different from all of later addict editions and the strongest one among all of them
by the way who can deny that it's very long lasting?
the shape of bottle matches the perfume in it the best way.

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

I really like this perfume; it's the first time I'm using it, although I've known about it for a long time. To me, it has a strong smell, very sensual and oriental, deep, dark and rich. It has reasonable staying power and the drydown is powdery, warm and sophisticated.I detect notes of vanilla and spices and, on my skin, it becomes a bit smokey, but in a pleasant way. Great smell altogether!

Elitsa
Elitsa

My sister uses a third bottle of it - she is so in love with it - when she found it she stopped using all others.
For me this is from the perfumes you love or hate. I find it very oriental, very vintage but it's too strong, heavy and smells cheap. i don't smell anything from the top notes, only a very sweet vanilla - it cause me a headache. i hate it.

verity
verity

The first fragrance I was hooked on and that triggered my love a affair with fragrance was Must De Cartier(the 80's version). The perfume came in a little bottle with a leather case. Dior Addict reminds me of a modern less claggy version of this. I used to detest heavy fragrances in my mid twenties such as Angel and Obsession,then my taste completely changed so I began experimenting. I was a little late to the party with Addict and only discovered it a couple of years ago, after testing I fell for the woodsy tobacco-y vanilla. It has a squeeze of freshness which counteracts the heady tonka bean, but its is pure addiction. A little goes a long way and usually I like only enough to hit my own nose, not the whole room as it can be a statement perfume.

Niovi

I finally found my perfume, the one that will take the place of my last bottle of Nu (YSL)! At first I got excited with Hypnotic Poison. I bought it but it was too sweetish-corny I would say. Then I thought I found what I wanted on Midnight Poison. Bought it too but it was too masculine and heavy. They both made me sick.
Then I remembered Dior ADDICT and asked dad to bring it from the airport just in case. And that was it! Less oriental than Nu but still feminine, it is at the same time fresh enough to wear it during the day and for me, even summer. It is exactly on the limit between a heavy and a light perfume. It is intensive but not slightly annoying. I reommend it to almost everybody who are not fun of too light, flowry or fruity perfumes.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This fragrance has so much depth, it wraps you in a sensual feminine aura. I have loved this fragrance since it came out. It is truly a fabulous evening scent you will feel so sexy in this and it is addictive, ask any man and they can't get enough!

ramiske
ramiske

I have read reviews of this one many times, but I had tried Addict 2, which didn't really impress me--so I stayed away.
Addict couldn't be any more different than Addict 2! I was in a store yesterday, and tested this on a whim. WOW! I was so impressed, and immediately wanted it! It isn't a scent for the quiet, understated woman, however. It is an 'in your face' bold scent. Even 36 hours later, the little tester strip is still going strong.

I usually don't wear orientals, but this will soon be part of my collection!!! I WANT IT!!

Anna_C
Anna_C

When they said this fragrance lasted long... they were NOT kidding!!! I love this fragrance but two words - Head Ache! This stuff is powerful!!! And it lasts forever! Really amazing tho! I really love it- very sensual and warm with sweet vanilla and a nice oriental drydown. Excellent fragance! When I wear it I get a headache but this is one thats WORTH the heaache!!! Im such an Addict!!

frangipani
frangipani

After reading so many reviews on this perfume I had to try it. I was very lucky to find some samples on ebay. I had already tried the eau fraiche and am still undecided about it but this? I am in love with it. I have been searching for an evening fragrance that isn't too in ya face but has just enough oomph to be sensual and provoke a reaction. I agree it is probably more wintery but could I get away with it in the spring/summer season as well?? We'll see. Maybe that is when the Eau Fraiche should kick in but it doesn't have the same wow for me that this does. Anyway, I bought all 14 samples in a job lot. I'll keep you informed. The search is halted for now.....

guiwings
guiwings

all the comments on this are so positive, but why can't I just like this perfume. Yes it has a original smell, but it's really strong. at least for my poor nose

julianne35
julianne35

hımmmm..this is really warm, feminine and sexy...Such a good combination of sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean..Those three I like the most in a perfume! The only thing that distrubed me when I smell was the green notes in the top which fortunately only lasts 5 minutes:)

allexa27
allexa27

Addict is one of a kind!there is no other perfume with such specific ,super seductive and mistirious smell.i always must have at least one bottle of it !

mellybee
mellybee

There is something in common with Rochas Absolue, which I prefer to this. Addict becomes too sweet for my taste.

Filiccia
Filiccia

ADDICTed 2 it from the first time I tested it. It differs from other "heavy" winter perfumes,it's quite strange...Unforgettable

snobuni77
snobuni77

I was so happy to get it & as soon as I opened the package I put it on & had my husband smell it right away.At first(very first) it smelled masculine (he said it reminded him of Old Spice LOL) but it definitely doesn't smell anything like that,but it did kind of at first
I do smell the mandarin & raspberry witch is held up by vanilla & tonka.The sandalwood makes it so its not to sweety.I have to say that I think I smell violet in this but I don't see it in the notes.

This perfume is heavenly.I don't find it to strong or overbearing at all(Unless you douse yourself in it which my mother in law just did =(I'm frowning because she just dumped half my mini in her hands=( DaM it!!!
Well I will be for sure buying a larger bottle.

This is a very sexy sensual perfume,so much so that it actually almost even turns me on "lol"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update I bought a 3.4 oz bottle & I'm still loving this.
It is also one of the 4 perfumes by husband actually said he like's YaY!!!!

debbie
debbie

It is somewhat mild but all yet sexy. Not overbearing but a sweet mild smell. It is a great at-work fragrance.

Trvevil
Trvevil

For me it's so similar to Flowerbomb Extreme Sparkle, It doesn't leave any trail. It's more oriental/spicy than Flowerbomb. Lasting power is also excellent. One thing, I was so confused. I read all these 'sexy' comments and was expecting something... but not this.
(And 'sexy' I was expecting was like Agent Provocateur)
It's flowery at the beginning and dries down very spicy leaving something a little sweet too.

Niovi

I decided I like and I will probably buy this pefume, the moment I tried it on my hand chosing it randomly from the stand. However it keeps confusing me because it smells differently every time I try it. At the beginning I concieved it as oriental, but at the end of the day I could smell mainly vanillia. Today all I could smell was flowers in the beginning and after hours it was mainly vanillia again. It also seems strange that everybody describe it as longlasting cause it came up very subtle to me-I can barely smell it right now. However it is a good perfume, one of the best I have tried the last week looking to replace my no longer existing Nu.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Dior Addict is a great perfume for a number of reasons: It smells incredible, it's very long lasting, and it's economical. You will only need one or two spritzes and you're good all night (or day).

When you first apply it it's very strong and intoxicating, but after a few moments the smell soaks in and starts pumping through your body and nose. It toys with your brain. It's very sexy, very seductive (to men and women). It's very sweet and yet it has a real edge and spice. The use of sandalwood is so brilliant... I never could have predicted the way that would play with the vanilla.

Dior Addict is exactly what it claims to be: addictive, sexy, and clearly sensual. Not every woman can get away with wearing it the same way. A lady needs to find her own place for Addict, and make sure she owns the scent, and that it doesn't own her.

Also, bit of a cautionary tail: NEVER buy Addict 2, or any other Dior fragrance and expect it to be at all comparable to Addict original. They aren't. While I LOVE Miss Dior Cherie, there have been some fragrances by Dior which have reeeaaallly rubbed me the wrong way.

Silvery
Silvery

It was one of my Christmas presents, and I immediately got addicted to this perfume. What a beautiful oriental floral it is, I can't stop sniffing my wrist! Very rich, sensual&seductive! I'm looking forward to show this perfume to my boyfriend ;)
Only bad thing is that the bottle I got is 5 ml :(

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

You have to own this at some point in life. I wore it solidly when i was 18 and last week my fiance's mum and me decided it was time for a Dior X-mas 08!

Everytime I wear it I get the following 3 questions/approaches,
'Ummmmmm!! You smell amazing!'
'AHH ADDICT!!! I wear it too!'
'Please tell me what that perfume is so i can buy it!'

Its intersting to smell, nothing like the other perfumes on the market. Its not what i would call 'sweet' but its not Fresh or Light.

Very sexy and long lasting!

persefonex

This perfum is absolutely seductor. Many people would use it at evening. Whatever, i use it for working and everyone ask me what am i using. Is for women self secure, feminines, and not shide. I use it when i need to feel my self wonderful and divine. Is for feeling like a queen.

Taliera
Taliera

This is the first Dior scent I have actually liked!! J'Adore was nothing more than "alright" and the Poisons never attracted me (they were too heavy and made me want to sneeze...), while Miss Dior Cherie (which everyone was raving about) seemed nothing more than a well researched floral-fruity designed for the teen/youth market.
But this one - is not so much punch you in the face - it's strong but subtle at the same time. Like the bottle, the fragrance smells "blue". I love the creamy vanilla and sandalwood base (most bases I love have these two ingredients). The whole composition is mysterious and complex, unfolding deep lustrous notes throughout the drydown... Not for everyone, but definitely for me :)

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Creamy, all that vanilla...it's the sandalwood that stops this queen of the night smelling like a rice pudding bath. Definitely an evening scent and one doesn't need too much of it - it's a moment away from being too sweet. Soft and sultry, a very alluring scent.

PR

I've tried this smell again ,and Kenzo as well and found less similarity between them then previuosly. And sadly liked them much less as well. Though obviously Dior Addict is a good smell, I've found it lacking some depth, perhaps it is the softness of the scent, but there's something artificial in it that I dislike too.

PR

I don't know if I am mistaken, but Dior Addict is quite similar smell to Kenzo Amour. Dior has a little more spiciness, and it is more 'down to earth', while in Kenzo you smell soft air and it is somwhere 'in the air'. At the very least Dior Addict could be the evening or special occasion fragrance developed as a series of Kenzo Amour or contrary Kenzo Amour could be the more everyday scent of Dior addict. The similarity's there. But both scents are soft and innoffensive. Very oriental, I would be glad to have both of them

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

heady intoxicating sweet warm sexy scent
I really like this one lasts for hours

amanda
amanda

its warm and sexy, the smell of a superwoman, strong and powerful but full of feminity

girlsrideharleys2
girlsrideharleys2

This is a HG of mine. Very sultry and smokey. I LOVE this perfume and will never be without it. I get compliments when I wear this. A must have for those that love vanilla-orientals.

Suseken
Suseken

Addict is sexy,long lasting,wonderful warm base note with tonka and vanille.
A great oriental perfume.
Its one of my alltime favourites I never want to miss.

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

Dior Addict is a defect of perfume and happiness.
It is a pump and dangerous sexual and sensual at the same time.

beloved boo
beloved boo

definitely my most favorite fragrance. It's warm, sexy, trust-worthy and gives you the feeling of being loved and embraced.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I'm not quite sure about Dior Addict.

There is a smoky/musky quality (which I think may be the combination of Sandalwood + tonka bean) that makes it smell like incense.

Not for me unforunately.

Edit: Dec 08 - I think I have completely changed my mind about Dior Addict. I thought I would try it on my skin again today and really loved it! The incense was not too bad this time. The drydown reminds me a lot of Hypnotic Poison (with Incense and without the Root Beer). Nice!

guest_Kali
guest_Kali

Very sweet. This year I smell it on many women, so Addict has some appeal. Just not a favorite for me. There is some strange note in it that smells a little funky and off to my nose.

Sicily
Sicily

I don't like it, not at all. I would describe it as very heavy, rich vanilla with citruses and sun oil scent. Causes me a headache, this is the worst scent ever, stale and dirty.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

I'm not a big fans of oriental perfume. But, this one really got me. I like the way it make me beautiful without too much look-at-me note.

2007
elgab89
elgab89

In the house of Dior tradition, another great oriental. The fragrance is deep, noticeable and has a great base. Long lasting, a very good choice for evening wear.

2007

Dior Addict by Dior 3.87 out of 5 based on 3799 ratings and 536 user reviews

Dior Addict Eau D eacute lice 0.67 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Addict Eau D eacute lice 0.67 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
DIOR ADDICT for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .67 OZ
DIOR ADDICT for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .67 OZ
DIOR ADDICT for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .67 OZ NEW PACKAGING
Dior Addict Eau D eacute lice 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Addict Eau D eacute lice 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Dior Addict Eau Fra che 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Dior Addict Eau Fra che 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Dior Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 1.7oz
Christian Dior Travel Set Essence-In-Lotion Essence-In-Base One Essential Overnight Recovery Addict Ultra Gloss 5pcs
FragranceShop.com
Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
FragranceShop.com
Dior Addict by Christian Dior for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Dior Addict by Christian Dior for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
DIOR ADDICT for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ NEW PACKAGING
Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Addict fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Addict, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Addict by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Addict by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.