Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women
dislike

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women Pictures

This fresher version of Addict is more floral, a second skin that’s energetic and full of joy. Top notes include mandarin, jasmine and bergamot; at its heart the notes of tuberose and gardenia along with the Night Queen Flower and Bulgarian rose. The base is composed of Burbon vanilla, sandalwood and musk. Dior Addict Eau Fraiche was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Orange Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Vanilla Mandarin Leaf Bergamot

Tuberose Gardenia Jasmine Freesia Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Brazilian Rosewood

Kun Mukthalifan Women

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Fragrance Reviews

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

An Addict flanker, that actually smells like Addict!!

This is the perfect day version:-
It's fresher, lighter and softer yet still manages to be sexy and smell very much like the original.
Citrus blast on initial spray, then it's all tonka, vanilla, jasmine and soft sandalwood for hours.
It lasts all day, has great sillage and is very wearable.

** I've got a tester bottle with all the notes listed on the back, Queen of the night (Night-blooming Cereus) is on there, even though it's not listed here. **

freddinos
freddinos

One of my most beloved fragrances and the one I chose to wear on my wedding day, simply because it reminds me of the best years of my life. It's fresh and citrusy yet balmy, comforting yet not cloying, ethereal yet energetic. Yes, the dry down is not as amazing as the top, but still it will always have a place in my heart and my collection, at least until I finish the last bottle I have left (and I have used maybe 8-10 bottles over the years)

Edit: wore it today after nearly 2 years. It's the first time my nose actually understands that yes, in its heart this is the lighter sister of Addict! I've been wearing this since 2005 and this is the first time I truly saw the resemblance:)The following Eau Fraiche versions were all inferior to my nose, and totally irrelevant to this beauty

lapurrla
lapurrla

I love this version of Addict. I just sold my big, old bottle of Dior Addict because it's just too much for me. It overpowers me with it's strength even in a small dose. Some of us find it hard to breathe around some perfumes, even when we like them and I wish it wasn't so. Eau Fraiche, however, remains rich, based as it is on powerhouse Addict, but it is certainly lighter and fresher and for me that's a good thing. It lasts and lasts and can travel. But then I love the smell of fresh flowers and citrus fruit anyway. I think it's still a heady mix. One to wear when it just seems right to go rich.

whiten

impossible to find, I wonder the people who I saw as wearing it now are finding it?? pm me?
I think it more and more smells like addict edp (especially the new one), as I grow I started to like the edp addict too, I always thought the edp was for 30+ years old ladies but oh well, can't find the eau fraiche I guess I'll settle for edp

shalimar78
shalimar78

as already said, a lighter version, an edt version of the original edp, for those like me craving for addict during the day... very well done eau fraiche version!good sillage and staying power too.

(I just don´t wanna think about the reformulation of this one... it´s a shame they do this reformulations instead of giving a new name to the new formulas...what they expect? to induce people who already know a perfume by its respectable name and quality to buy their new attempts to reproduce something that was already perfect? so sad...)

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

In simple terms this is an eau de toilette of the original dior addict eau de parfum. Great for me as i wouldnt wear the original during the day so this one is perfect. Havnt smelt the reformulation of this so cant compare

On me this fragrance opens most of all the citrusy notes, especially the mandarin leaf note. Not a fan of the citrusy leaves smell, so it's not my cup of tea.

Mariantu
Mariantu

Two weeks ago it was Mother's Day in Argentina.
I wanted to get a perfume for my mum (always finding a good excuse :) to go to a perfume store), and of course it took a loooong time to decide, as I tried several.
When I asked for this one, the shop assistant told me I was not gonna get it in Argentina any longer. Now I could only get some "left overs", or the other versions.
I tried "Addict 2" and it's completely different!!! :(
It seems that will be another perfume to buy over the internet, like "Lauren" (by Ralph Lauren, only available in the States).

yelena.gorelova
yelena.gorelova

addicted to original and to light version, not to later shines

whiten

hello, me again! I just saw this new feature"this perfume reminds me of" feature. if addict reminds you/similar to anything, please share!!! I'Ll keep an eye on! thanks :D
no reminders? :(
edit: maybe mine gone bad :( now it smells a bit like man's cologne..
any man/manly perfumes that smell like this?? :D I'm never giving up,right? :)

sue165
sue165

Well I bought it yesterday, since i'm in love with the original "Addict" EDP, I wanted a lighter version. I'm kind of little disappointed, in the dry down i only detect and smell Fresh Jasmin, which i'm not a real fan, unlike the orginal the creamy vanilla smoky jasmin.. it's lightly fresh, it does have this edgy masculin smell.. so i like it.. not i love it :)

whiten

My first review yay!:D I hate that it is discontinued, it was such a beautiful fragrance for all seasons. Is there any other similar to this one? please recommend:)
edit: I have opened a topic about similar perfumes to dior addict eau fraiche. If you guys have any idea, please drop by and recommend. or if you smelled any similar, my inbox always welcomes you!! thanks!:D

mary2kali
mary2kali

An amazing scent!!! Light and deeply sexy at the same time. Best for morning or summer nights that you want something to make you feel different and alluring but not kill everybody around you due to heavy smell. Such a pity it is discontinued. Any ideas of a similar perfume?

sofiii
sofiii

Addict eau Fraiche is nice, and less potent than the original one. The start is so greenish which oddly make me think of superglue. Luckily, the super glue scent goes away really fast and leaves the fresh kinda grassy but still fresh and sweet notes. I guess that’s a nice combo of mandarin orange, bergamot and mandarin leaves.

Later on eau Fraiche is gets sweeter and earthier, however, it gives me some cliché feeling. It’s kinda like a watered-down CK in2U her with a little bit more elegance from those clean white floral notes.

The dry down is just more fainted, softer and laid-back version of the watered=down CK in2U her with some woods added in.

I guess it’s the chemistry, I just don’t like any of the creations of Thierry Wasser which I’ve tried so far. However, to be fair, Addict eau Fraiche is a nice fragrance and likeable.

MissRalux
MissRalux

This is one of my favorite perfume, lovely , airy, floral but fresh in the same time, a day time perfume

kaika
kaika

This is one of the fragrances that got me the most compliments EVER!!

It used to be my primary signature scent for more than 2 years, in which time I have gone through 3 or 4 big size bottles.. Now, the fragrance doesn't appeal to me that much any longer, but how long can you be ADDICTed(good heavens, what an apt name this is!) to one perfume used on a daily basis..

I love fragrances which are UNIQUE in some way - not too obvious or one-dimensional, but having a quality of their own, or a story to tell, whatever you will call it..:) This one is definitely one of such compositions. It's citrusy, but with a hint of oriental spice (something more than the official vanilla), it's feminine but with a masculine undertone (which is distinctly detectable in the drydown), it's wet & sultry, but not overpowering or headache inducing; some perceive it as a light day/casual fragrance, others will tell you it's a typical hot night stuff, "a bit too sexy for the office" (yes, this is a real life quote, LOL!!!)

To sum up, this is no ordinary scent which does grasp attention - if you wear it, it will get noticed and be commented upon! Well, as for me, I enjoyed that attention very much..:)

BTW. To me, Eau Fraiche is nothing about the original Dior Addict, and I mean this in a positive sense - a completely different story, and MUCH better!!!

9154mf
9154mf

This smells very much like the original Dior Addict to me, which i had for years before I got over it. But this is a bit lighter/softer and maybe kind of fresher, due to the citrus notes, but make no mistake it still is an oriental creamy vanilla, i guess you could wear this at times when the original is just too much, eg in an office, during summer during the day etc. Just my opinion really but the original could be quite suffocating/in your face in small spaces. This had decent lasting power, i thought, esp for an EDT.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I just bought the 100ml of this perfume for $1.00, that's right, $1.00!!!! I guess because it's Boxing Day, and my local drug store is getting rid of some of their fragrances that have already been discounted, but no one bought yet. It's not my top pick of course.... I smell oranges plus floral, so kind of like an 'orangey floral', but hey, it'll do for $1.00, and it's so much nicer than any other fragrance you could get for a buck(that is, if you can even find one)! Suffice to say, I'm very happy with this purchase. :-D

rirolina
rirolina

Wonderful perfume!!!! I adore it!!!!! One of mi favorites!!!!!!!1

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

To me this smells like a creamy citrus linear scent, slightly herbacious, but with the slightest synthetic soapiness, which keeps me from loving it. The opening note is a strong fresh citrus, but the middle notes and base notes don't seem to change too drastically from the opening notes, which I like!The staying power and strength kicks all of my other fragrances to the curb(Opium being the exception)! I was taking a nap with my very naturalist hippy friend, and I had just had a glass of cabernet sauvignon when she told me "you smell like booze and hairspray" (I wasn't wearing hairspray)...For me, the most naturalist type of person should be able to appreciate my fragrance, so I have to keep searching to find such a fragrance. Otherwise I have received numerous compliments on this one....I approve!

I have to add that this fragrance is sexy and the light and fresh (although synthetic-y) sweetness is a rare treat! I love to wear this one, but I don't have much of it, unfortunately.So I have changed my rating to "Love It", since I felt surprised by how nice it is after not wearing it at all for a month.

LaLoLa
LaLoLa

The top notes are lovely but the drydown is horrible. It reminds me of mothballs. On me, there's nothing fresh about it.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Unfortunatelly it changes on my skin and becomes a terrible mess! LOL
So, because of this, I prefer my good old traditional sexy and etc. Dior Addict!

luz
luz

I always have it in my closet ! It is a fresher and lighter version of the Edp which I love, but more wearable. Also, I can notice a very natural and pleasant "Night Blooming Cereus
" note though it isn't listed in the eau fraiche version. Lovely !

tezza
tezza

Love Eau Fraiche, have used several bottles of it, but disappointed it is eau de toilette as the fragrance really does not last long unlike the original Addict

I encouraged myself to test this fragrance after I completed an internet quiz on 'what fragrance is best suited to you?' Dior Addict Eau Fraiche and Chanel No.19 were the recommendations.

I managed to find this fragrance during my trip into the city where I promptly applied a few sprays to my wrist. My first impressions were, "this is not my type of perfume". The top notes were really heavy with the citruses and didn't appeal to my flowery and sweet tastes at all.

I continued on with my shopping and it wasn't until I was travelling home that I smelt my wrist and the look of surprise and amazement crossed my face. My nose was met with a deliciously pretty floral heart of jasmine, tuberose, gardenia and freesia.

Never in my life had I come across a fragrance with such definitive differences between the top and middle notes. I was somewhat happy and disappointed that this fragrance had transformed itself from being something that I disliked to something I thoroughly enjoyed in a matter of hours.

I have considered purchasing this fragrance, but for the price I can't imagine myself doing so. If it wasn't for the fruity top notes, I would have gladly handed over the cash.

I must add that the lasting power is excellent for this fragrance and that the bottle, in my opinion, is much more attractive than the original Dior Addict.

For people that don't mind fruity florals, or refreshing citrus scents, I highly recommend you try Dior Addict Eau Fraiche as it would make a fantastic Summer fragrance to add to your wardrobe.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I delayed trying this fragrance out as I thought it would be another "copy" like Dior Addict Shine was to Dior Addict II.

Walking past it today, I thought I would give it a sniff.

WOW! what a fresh and enticing fragrance! It's extremely citrusy at first spray, and settles down into a creamy citrus floral that is reminicent of the original Dior Addict (it has similar vanilla & sandalwood notes) but not a copy. Very nice! Not sure if I want to buy it, but it was great to try!

PS: Being a very sweet fresh fragrance it's bordering on sickly sweet - be careful how much you spray.

UPDATE: April '09 - I finally bought Eau Fraiche. I've had my eye on it, and kept the spray card from when I originally wrote this review - the spray card STILL has the scent on it, months later! I really love this scent now. It's so fresh, luring & feminine at the same time. :)

It lasts all day on me, and has a great sillage. I smell whiffs of Dior Addict Eau Fraiche throughout the day which acts like aromatherapy, making me happy. It's just gorgeous.

Highly recommended!

LiLascents
LiLascents

Don't know if I would wear it in summer, but now it is rainy and cold in Holland (no suprise there) and I just purchased a bottle of eau fraiche and love it, especially in this weather. The original is a little too much for my taste.

lolita82
lolita82

this is a summer must have! vrey sensual, will be noticed..a show of perfume...i wore it in italy and turned quite some heads!!!! WOW

angelahta
angelahta

Simple but sensual fragrance. Long lasting for me.

lillybee
lillybee

A great, lighter, daytime wear version of Dior Addict. Fresh, spicy and sexy!

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche by Dior 4.01 out of 5 based on 234 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Addict Eau Fraiche by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Addict Eau Fraiche by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.